PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the history: How do the Denver Broncos draft?

DenBronx
03-26-2012, 10:07 PM
The draft day is coming (the 1st round is on Thursday, April 26th) and I finally got enough time to finish this research I began several weeks ago. My idea is to realize how the Denver Broncos used their draft picks since our foundation and compare it to the other NFL franchises.

HALL OF FAMErs

My first thought was to know in which rounds the major part of the Hall Of Fame players were drafted, according to each position. The result is quite clear: the first rounders (especially the first round) have the major percentage of success, as expected. Here is the complete chart:

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/3/26/2904571/breaking-down-the-history-how-do-the-denver-broncos-draft

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I really appreciate the research, but there's no real correlation between chart one and chart two.

DenBronx
03-27-2012, 02:31 PM
We only have drafted 3 QBs in round 1 in our entire history???

Tommy Maddox

Jay Cutler

Tim Tebow

We traded away our 1984 1st round pick, QB Mark Herrmann and OL Chris Hinton. So technically we didnt draft Elway, we had to put a package trade including future 1st round pick and players.

DenBronx
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Only 3 of our 1st round picks are in the HOF.

Merlin Olsen, Bob Brown and Floyd Little.

SR
03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
We only have drafted 3 QBs in round 1 in our entire history???

Tommy Maddox

Jay Cutler

Tim Tebow

We traded away our 1984 1st round pick, QB Mark Herrmann and OL Chris Hinton. So technically we didnt draft Elway, we had to put a package trade including future 1st round pick and players.

Yes. We know the Broncos didn't draft Elway. The Colts did.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Only 3 of our 1st round picks are in the HOF.

Merlin Olsen, Bob Brown and Floyd Little.

So really, only 1. Floyd is the only Bronco on that list... :WARFLOYD: