PDA

View Full Version : jake plummer in town

Bill Devaroe
03-26-2012, 07:14 PM
New back up?

Dzone
03-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I hope so. Plummer is bad ass. We should have never drafted Cutler.

wayninja
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Hotcarl is a filthy liar.

Dapper Dan
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
This is who I wanted as a backup for Tebow because he fit the system. But for Manning? No way.

weazel
03-26-2012, 07:22 PM
New back up?

my insiders tell me he's here to sign as the new middle linebacker

Bill Devaroe
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Seriously. Al and Dmac were talking about it. He was throwing to receivers up at CU. I would be all for it.

topscribe
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
This is who I wanted as a backup for Tebow because he fit the system. But for Manning? No way.
Tongue-in-cheek, right?

DenBronx
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Brian Griese is also in town.

TIA.

sneakers
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Hotcarl is a filthy liar.

This is the first thing I thought of too!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 08:34 PM
The draft prospects working out with Denver trainer Loren Landow had a special guest tossing them passes today.

Former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer made an appearance today at the South Suburban Sports Dome where Landow works out his clients. Plummer will likely return for another throwing session later this spring.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/03/26/plummer-throwing-denver/12817/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Jake was on with Vic tonight on Xfinity Monday Live - on the following link you can hear what he says. To find out if he would want to play football again, click on the one that says "Jake Plummer"s Heart Remains in Playing" Also, can hear other things he said on link, or click on where Vic/Jake are, and hear most of it.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/xfinitymondaylive/

MasterShake
03-26-2012, 08:54 PM
I still really like Jake Plummer. I don't care what anyone says, that 13-3 season in 2005 was my favorite non-Super Bowl year. The playoff game against the Pats was the only playoff game I went to at Invesco.

wayninja
03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I just hope we trade the guy so these ******* plummer threads will stop.

chazoe60
03-26-2012, 09:03 PM
I still really like Jake Plummer. I don't care what anyone says, that 13-3 season in 2005 was my favorite non-Super Bowl year. The playoff game against the Pats was the only playoff game I went to at Invesco.

I feel the same way. I will always love Jake. I really hate when people pin that AFCCG on him as if the rest of the team played some stellar game or something.

FanInAZ
03-26-2012, 09:08 PM

Actually, we did. However, he retired instead of going to Tampa.

sneakers
03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
That was a real fun season!

Medford Bronco
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Brian Griese is also in town.

TIA.

and he tripped over his dog when he left his driveway.. Oh wait....................:lol:

weazel
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Still the best QB we've had since Elway!

wait for it...

Dapper Dan
03-26-2012, 10:33 PM
I still believe Shanahan was the only thing that kept Jake from throwing INTs which helped that successful season come along, until the AFCCG.

weazel
03-26-2012, 10:37 PM
I still believe Shanahan was the only thing that kept Jake from throwing INTs which helped that successful season come along, until the AFCCG.

I still think Tebows inability to throw the football through the air without it nose diving into the ground 15 yards in front of his target is what kept him from throwing INTs

..well that and the team knew he couldnt throw so only let him try to do it 5 or 6 times a game

wayninja
03-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I still think Tebows inability to throw the football through the air without it nose diving into the ground 15 yards in front of his target is what kept him from throwing INTs

I think with this crowd a spinnerbait would be most effective.

Dapper Dan
03-26-2012, 10:42 PM
We really need a button that's the opposite of a high five.

Dapper Dan
03-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Still the best QB we've had since Elway!

wait for it...

..well that and the team knew he couldnt throw so only let him try to do it 5 or 6 times a game

No one mentioned TT so you mentioned him yourself.

weazel
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
No one mentioned TT so you mentioned him yourself.

I know... we can only criticize other QB's. Once someone criticizes TT it's fight on.

wayninja
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Just more proof that the 'circus' is just a myth. People want to talk about him regardless of what team he plays for.

It's only a 'circus' if it's positive or we are winning games. Otherwise it's just 'truth'. LMAO.

Dapper Dan
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I know... we can only criticize other QB's. Once someone criticizes TT it's fight on.

People bitch about talking about him too much then people keep bringing him up. So every single time we criticize a player you will bring up TT? If I say Knowshon is injury proned you'll bring up TT stats? Or is it QBs only? If I bring up Jake Plummer you must bring up TT? I never even criticized Plummet. I just believed that successful season was because of a Head Coach that had a very good offensive background.

weazel
03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
People bitch about talking about him too much then people keep bringing him up. So every single time we criticize a player you will bring up TT? If I say Knowshon is injury proned you'll bring up TT stats? Or is it QBs only? If I bring up Jake Plummer you must bring up TT? I never even criticized Plummet. I just believed that successful season was because of a Head Coach that had a very good offensive background.

knowshon is injury prone though lol... but so was Peyton Hillis and everyone went out of their minds when he was traded.

Simple Jaded
03-26-2012, 11:13 PM
You could do far worse than Jake Plummer at backup QB. I'd love to see him in a Broncos jersey again, l just don't see him playing again.......

pnbronco
03-26-2012, 11:31 PM

I loved that game. I just remember Al Wilson taking out Brady. I miss Jake and probably always will. Darn wish I wasn't out of town, would of loved to have seen him again. Hopefully I can find out when he comes back, would love to see him again.

dunk7
03-26-2012, 11:41 PM

Instead of posting a sarcastic reference to Tebow every chance you get, just start a thread titled "I miss my Teboo" and encourage people to post videos of the 5 nice passes he made last year and maybe for the real fans, pics of him picking out his new jets gear or anything with his shirt off. That would be awesome.

WARHORSE
03-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I loved that game. I just remember Al Wilson taking out Brady. I miss Jake and probably always will. Darn wish I wasn't out of town, would of loved to have seen him again. Hopefully I can find out when he comes back, would love to see him again.

You remember Al taking out Brady pn? I remember Champs INT in the endzone, and most of all, a certain fat punters special teams hit......lol.

topscribe
03-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I believe it was Kubiak. It was when Kubes was here that Jake went through the 13-3 season; was a top five QB, according to DVOA; and went through an almost record successive number of games without an INT. The next year, after Kubes had left, Jake's performance declined. He was still good, but he had set a standard in 2006, and he was not playing entirely up to that standard the next year. Kubes was the man. IMO, he brought out of Jake that exceptional talent that people such as Shanny and even Bill Walsh saw in Jake . . .

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 12:39 AM
You remember Al taking out Brady pn? I remember Champs INT in the endzone, and most of all, a certain fat punters special teams hit......lol.

I thought is our kicker :confused:

pnbronco
03-27-2012, 01:26 AM

Yup it happened right in front of me and hubby took a picture of it. You should of seen the smile on Al's face when I gave it to him. Oh yeah the INT of Champ and how he almost made it to the end zone. That was such a great game....:D

BroncoStud
03-27-2012, 01:42 AM
I loved having Jake as the QB. But the day we drafted Jay Cutler he checked out mentally. He was already in the mountains but still under contract.

pnbronco
03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
I believe it was Kubiak. It was when Kubes was here that Jake went through the 13-3 season; was a top five QB, according to DVOA; and went through an almost record successive number of games without an INT. The next year, after Kubes had left, Jake's performance declined. He was still good, but he had set a standard in 2006, and he was not playing entirely up to that standard the next year. Kubes was the man. IMO, he brought out of Jake that exceptional talent that people such as Shanny and even Bill Walsh saw in Jake . . .

I agree Top, Kubes brought the best out of Jake. It's kind of nice to remember that year. Lot of great games and seeing the frustration on Brady's with the D pouring it on made it priceless. We got amazing seats to that game so I was close enough to see it, often. Had a bad feeling about Pitts and Bettis so I stayed home for that game. Man I'm glad when I listen to that inner voice, my last live game was a heck of a lot of fun.

Northman
03-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Instead of posting a sarcastic reference to Tebow every chance you get, just start a thread titled "I miss my Teboo" and encourage people to post videos of the 5 nice passes he made last year and maybe for the real fans, pics of him picking out his new jets gear or anything with his shirt off. That would be awesome.

Complete ownage.

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Bill deveroe is dead :( rip bill

CoachChaz
03-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Give him a job. I'd prefer Jake as the backup over Hanie. I think if we understand the real reasons he was disgruntled in Denver, we'll have a better idea of the guy. If it was the organization in general that pissed him off...why come back to help now?

Chef Zambini
03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I still really like Jake Plummer. I don't care what anyone says, that 13-3 season in 2005 was my favorite non-Super Bowl year. The playoff game against the Pats was the only playoff game I went to at Invesco.well I have only been to one game at the new mile high, and that was the AFC championship game against the steelers.
I drove all night after my evening work shift, from scottsdale to denver, 850 miles, just to watch the broncos run the ball a total of 8 times in the first half, and watch rottenberger, play champ like a viloin with a cheesy shoulder shrug, that made champ look like a high school cornerback.
PLUMMER, I followed his career since ASU!
mever, ever was a good QB from the pocket, always much better , evewn more accurate on the run!
shanny deliberatly demanded that he play from the pocket, a design destined for FAILURE, just so he could insert his new boy-toy cutler!
Plummer really earned my respect with his support of Pat Tillman !
How old is PLUMMER anyway?

Chef Zambini
03-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Give him a job. I'd prefer Jake as the backup over Hanie. I think if we understand the real reasons he was disgruntled in Denver, we'll have a better idea of the guy. If it was the organization in general that pissed him off...why come back to help now?
organization spelled. shanahan !

CoachChaz
03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
organization spelled. shanahan !

Exactly. It was Shanny's controlling temperment that pushed Plummer away...even so far as to try to get Jake to hand the ball off a specific way. Complaints that have been resounded by other players over the years.

Chef Zambini
03-27-2012, 09:30 AM

KUBES= mastermind
shanahan= figurehead

shanny never "developed" any young QBs, he simply rode the talent of great QBs like ELWAY, YOUNG and MONTANA, and those last 2 QBs were learning from KUBIAK in 'frisco when shanny showed up, and that's why shanny HIRED KUBES 15 minutes after he was named the broncos HC !
and in the same minute, he also hired ALEX GIBBS and BOBBY TURNER, and those THREE
GIBBS
KUBIAK
TURNER
those are the ones REALLY responsable for the broncos success in the late '90's, shanny was just the figurehead, he hasnt done SQUAT without them!

and when shannys own son chose the path of football coach, shanny sent him to work at the feet of KUBIAK, where he could get a real education !

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 09:30 AM

I just got to these boards and I already get this. I pointed out that he could learn a thing or two from manning's off season prep and got a long winded response from another member which informed me, "if these are the kinda post you got I you aren't gonna last around here long." LOL.

Chef Zambini
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Yup it happened right in front of me and hubby took a picture of it. You should of seen the smile on Al's face when I gave it to him. Oh yeah the INT of Champ and how he almost made it to the end zone. That was such a great game....:Dthe ONLY reason why champ did not make it to the end-zone was because the self absorbed egotistical fool was staring at himself on the jumbo tron, and holding the ball like a loaf of bread to his side, something he also did in a previous game and coughed up the ball in the same year !
when I see desean jackson act like a punk-ass fool around the goal line, I always think of champ !

wayninja
03-27-2012, 09:54 AM

So... you are sarcastically suggesting that I stop being sarcastic?

Also, there was no mention of Tebow. Not by me.

BroncoNut
03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Seriously. Al and Dmac were talking about it. He was throwing to receivers up at CU. I would be all for it.

aren't you dead? we can never tell when your serious, even in the afterlife

dunk7
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
So... you are sarcastically suggesting that I stop being sarcastic?

Also, there was no mention of Tebow. Not by me.

No sarcasm whatsoever on my part. All I have to say is: "It's so exciting to be excited"

slim
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
He hasn't played in 5 or 6 years and is older than Peyton Manning (I think).

I think Jake is the best QB we have had since Elway retired (without regard to Manning, since he hasn't played yet), but this is just silly.

Bronco Bible
03-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I feel the same way. I will always love Jake. I really hate when people pin that AFCCG on him as if the rest of the team played some stellar game or something.

Champ makes the easy pick early,it would have been a whole new ball game. jmo

topscribe
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM

I think Jake is the best QB we have had since Elway retired (without regard to Manning, since he hasn't played yet), but this is just silly.
I still wear Plummer's jersey. That's what I think of him.

But even Plummer agrees with you on this, according to what he said on his appearance in Vic Lombardi's show, as far as whether he should come back now . . .

slim
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I still wear Plummer's jersey. That's what I think of him.

But even Plummer agrees with you on this, according to what he said on his appearance in Vic Lombardi's show, as far as whether he should come back now . . .

Oh, I didn't hear what he said. Did he scoff at the idea?

topscribe
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Oh, I didn't hear what he said. Did he scoff at the idea?
He said he wasn't sure whether or not he could still do it, and that if Elway called him to hold a clipboard for Peyton (his words), he would be tempted, but he sounded as if he had his tongue in his cheek when he said that. He further said he probably would never do it because his heart isn't in it anymore.

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 03:15 PM

Aside from Cutler, we haven't had a QB worth being compared to since Elway retired. If it wasn't for Hurricane McD running him off, he would be the gold standard for all post-Elway QBs.

GEM
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Ahhh hell....you all just had to go and do it. Clay has been on a Manning high for the past week. Ya just had to bring up Plummer. Clay's head just blew steam and rolled in front of the girl running through Buff's office. Needless to say, Clay got squished because Plummer and his middle finger.

Dapper Dan
03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Aside from Cutler, we haven't had a QB worth being compared to since Elway retired. If it wasn't for Hurricane McD running him off, he would be the gold standard for all post-Elway QBs.

Objection. Speculation.

slim
03-27-2012, 07:14 PM

I doubt it.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Wow, look at all the Plummer nostalgia... :lol:

IMO, the memories that folks are throwing out of Plummer remind me of childbirth from woman's perspective. The mind blocks out all the bad stuff - the pain, the anguish, the worry, the sleepless nights, the incessant need to pee, the swollen ankles, the lack of sex, the episiotomy, etc, etc, etc and focuses on the cute, cuddly baby (when it's not screaming, shitting, or puking). They forget all that stuff (actually the psyche dulls the bad memories or no woman would ever have more than one child).

Plummer was a bad QB and had just as much a hand in our losses as he did in our wins. He was a spectacle (not in a good way) off the field, was lazy, couldn't throw for shit from the pocket and required the bootleg to minimize his reads to 1/2 the field because he threw better on the run and was a bad decision maker. In short the EXACT SAME SHIT that folks complain about with Tebow's on-field game Plummer had the same problems with except that Tebow didn't try to force passes and get picked off as often (hence why neither are here, now). The difference was, this was Tebow's 2nd year and his first starting and Plummer was a 10 year vet.

Plummer's career TD/INT ratio is exactly 50/50 (161 TDs, 161 INTs). Sure, he made the playoffs a couple of times here (when our defense didn't rank in the bottom 4th of the league) and even beat NE once (our only playoff win with Plummer, BTW in which he threw one INT, one TD pass and had a 57% completion percentage with a 78.5 QBR - not exactly stellar) but most of the time he was getting his ass handed to him by the guy we just signed to be our starting QB.

I understand that there are a lot of folks who'd like to forget the last 4 years of Bronco history, but making the Plummer era out to be the "good old days" is way over the top. There's a reason Shanahan got rid of the dude... he just wasn't a good QB. I can guarantee you if he was our starting QB when Elway got the job, Plummer would've been replaced as fast as Tebow was. He wasn't any better than Tebow.

Plummer's career stats: 57.1% completion percentage, 161 TDs, 161 INTs, 74.6 QBR <- pathetic in the modern era.

Just thought a quick walk down memory lane was appropriate with all the new-found Plummer love.

BTW, Plummer is currently 37 and will be 38 years old in December for those of you who were wondering.

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Lol WITH Plummer at his complete self centeredness he told the nfl to **** off and he plays handball in Idaho good job jake j

DDR

You are a fag for leaving us " lol

We love u jake come back and takeus to thesuperboooool **** off idiot but good joluv u
- elway

Simple Jaded
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Plummer nostalgia? Shit! The past 3 years have made me nostalgic for Steve Beuelein. He couldn't be worse.......

FanInAZ
03-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Bring back Craig Morton!

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Plummer nostalgia? Shit! The past 3 years have made me nostalgic for Steve Beuelein. He couldn't be worse....... wow you took the words out of MT mouth!!!!!

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Tongue-in-cheek, right? uhmmm you better check with LAWDAWG, TO SEE IF YOU HAVE BF STREET CRED TO ATTEMPT TONGUE-IN-CHEEK. He's pretty on top of that LOL

Peyton=SuperBowl
03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Jake is SO excited that Timmy and his Christianity are out of town that he had to get his fishing gear back in his van and head to the big city and throw the football around. How old is Plummer now?

Canmore
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Jake is SO excited that Timmy and his Christianity are out of town that he had to get his fishing gear back in his van and head to the big city and throw the football around. How old is Plummer now?

I believe I saw that he was 38.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Jake is SO excited that Timmy and his Christianity are out of town

Wow. Just. Wow.

topscribe
03-28-2012, 01:23 PM

IMO, the memories that folks are throwing out of Plummer remind me of childbirth from woman's perspective. The mind blocks out all the bad stuff - the pain, the anguish, the worry, the sleepless nights, the incessant need to pee, the swollen ankles, the lack of sex, the episiotomy, etc, etc, etc and focuses on the cute, cuddly baby (when it's not screaming, shitting, or puking). They forget all that stuff (actually the psyche dulls the bad memories or no woman would ever have more than one child).

Plummer was a bad QB and had just as much a hand in our losses as he did in our wins. He was a spectacle (not in a good way) off the field, was lazy, couldn't throw for shit from the pocket and required the bootleg to minimize his reads to 1/2 the field because he threw better on the run and was a bad decision maker. In short the EXACT SAME SHIT that folks complain about with Tebow's on-field game Plummer had the same problems with except that Tebow didn't try to force passes and get picked off as often (hence why neither are here, now). The difference was, this was Tebow's 2nd year and his first starting and Plummer was a 10 year vet.

Plummer's career TD/INT ratio is exactly 50/50 (161 TDs, 161 INTs). Sure, he made the playoffs a couple of times here (when our defense didn't rank in the bottom 4th of the league) and even beat NE once (our only playoff win with Plummer, BTW in which he threw one INT, one TD pass and had a 57% completion percentage with a 78.5 QBR - not exactly stellar) but most of the time he was getting his ass handed to him by the guy we just signed to be our starting QB.

I understand that there are a lot of folks who'd like to forget the last 4 years of Bronco history, but making the Plummer era out to be the "good old days" is way over the top. There's a reason Shanahan got rid of the dude... he just wasn't a good QB. I can guarantee you if he was our starting QB when Elway got the job, Plummer would've been replaced as fast as Tebow was. He wasn't any better than Tebow.

Plummer's career stats: 57.1% completion percentage, 161 TDs, 161 INTs, 74.6 QBR <- pathetic in the modern era.

Just thought a quick walk down memory lane was appropriate with all the new-found Plummer love.

BTW, Plummer is currently 37 and will be 38 years old in December for those of you who were wondering.
Nice attempt at stats. Now, let me give you one: Three (3, count 'em) playoff years on a row, including a Conference championship game.

Yep, good ol' days . . . :coffee:

Dapper Dan
03-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice attempt at stats. Now, let me give you one: Three (3, count 'em) playoff years on a row, including a Conference championship game.

Yep, good ol' days . . . :coffee:

So it doesn't matter about how the QB plays. The only thing that matters is if you win and make the playoffs.

I got it.

topscribe
03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
So it doesn't matter about how the QB plays. The only thing that matters is if you win and make the playoffs.

I got it.
Apparently so. Or was Tebow the only one about whom this type of argument could be made?

This board reeks of double standard . . .

Dapper Dan
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Apparently so. Or was Tebow the only one about whom this type of argument could be made?

This board reeks of double standard . . .

I'm still trying to figure out what the standard is.

weazel
03-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what the standard is.

I guess the standard is short hopping receivers with 90% of the passes.

Northman
03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
I was never a big fan of Plummer the QB but considering what we have had the last 3 years i do consider that the good ol' days. At least we were winning consistently.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I guess the standard is short hopping receivers with 90% of the passes.

Right into the DBs hands? Then Jake's the man.

Dapper Dan
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
I was never a big fan of Plummer the QB but considering what we have had the last 3 years i do consider that the good ol' days. At least we were winning consistently.

But wasn't it because of superior coaching and defense and the run game?

weazel
03-28-2012, 03:45 PM

well we all know what you are trying so hard to elude to and bait us with, so.... yes db, Tebow is a better QB than Plummer was. Nobody that ever played a day in the NFL would agree with you but you can rest assured that in your mind he was.

Northman
03-28-2012, 03:49 PM

What the Shanahan days?

Coaching wise i would say yes, the run game itself was starting to decline after the Portis trade which was what? (2003-04?) cant remember. The defense also started to decline although in 05' it was probably playing its best overall but even in that year they gave up a lot of points in some games. I think the biggest factor than over anything was stability on the team and Shanahan that allowed us to at least win consistently. The three years after that we were beginning to rebuild again with Cutler, Marshall, etc but then Josh came in and stripped it all down again.

topscribe
03-28-2012, 03:56 PM

BTW, it just dawned on me you included Jake's career stats, including all his days with the Cardinals. Since most of us are not Cardinals fans, our concern would be what he did with the Broncos. Therefore, here are his stats for all his games with the Broncos:

59% comp, 71 TDs, 47 INTs, 84.3 QBR.

Still not Manning-esque, but a bit more applicable. Just sayin' . . .

Slick
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
I never liked Jake Plummer. I cheered hard for him every Sunday, but I was thrilled when he got traded to Tampa, or quit, or whatever happened.

Probably felt the same way about Plummer as many of you guys felt about Tebow. Didn't wish him to fail, but was glad he was gone.

Northman
03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I never liked Jake Plummer. I cheered hard for him every Sunday, but I was thrilled when he got traded to Tampa, or quit, or whatever happened.

Probably felt the same way about Plummer as many of you guys felt about Tebow. Didn't wish him to fail, but was glad he was gone.

Personally i liked Tebow more as a player just because of his demeanor and motivation. Skill wise Plummer had the edge but not by much. I think even back then Tebow probably would of unseated Jake because of his turnover issues.

topscribe
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Well, I don't recall Jake's having to depend much on things such as 59-yard FGs and opposing RBs running out of bounds instead of staying in when they had the game won. :whoknows:

topscribe
03-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Personally i liked Tebow more as a player just because of his demeanor and motivation. Skill wise Plummer had the edge but not by much. I think even back then Tebow probably would of unseated Jake because of his turnover issues.
Are you overlooking the little matter of 14 fumbles?

Northman
03-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Are you overlooking the little matter of 14 fumbles?

Not really. But i am applying the amount of years in the league that each player had.

topscribe
03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Not really. But i am applying the amount of years in the league that each player had.
As far as I'm concerned, Jake had a total of a little less than three years in the league. He didn't exist before coming to the Broncos, in my mind.

But when it comes to all those fumbles, I find it hard to accept the excuse that Tebow was young. I can see that when it comes to reading defenses, etc., but fumbles and passing accuracy are a different story, IMO.

FanInAZ
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Football 101: Football is at TEAM sport! The QB is not solely responsible for the success, or failure of his team. Say what you want about Shanny, but he could spot a 4+ ypc RB for his system with almost perfect accuracy (Maurice Clarett is the only total bust at RB that I can think of).

We also had one the best mediocre D in the league. Yes, we would spend most of the regular season crushing opposing Os who didn't put protecting their QBs high on their list of priorities. However, when we played Pittsburg during AFCCG, they exposed the fact that we did it by blitzing our DB because our DL was so pathetic when it came to rushing the passer.

Nevertheless, we got to the play-offs with a solid running game & a D that worked will against the poorer Os that we face during the regular season. Jake did make a lot of big plays & had a lot of multi-TD games, but he also had more multi-INT games as well. When you compare his stats to Elway’s, his number of 4 TD games is so impressive that it explains why so many have such a high regard for him. In fact, he had a higher rate of 4 TD games then Elway. However, they also show that he was an INT machine. That's why I don't give him near as much credit for our success during his career here. I'm not saying that he didn't do a lot of good to win games; but he also did a lot of bad to lose games as well.

Jake Plumber: 143 career games; Elway: 234 (Elway played 61% more games the Plumber. The numbers in the colons are what each should have gotten if they had played as many games as the other.

Jake Plumber's game logs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PlumJa00/gamelog/)
John Elways's game logs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/gamelog//)

2 TDs Plumber: 30 (33); Elway: 54 (48)
2 INTs Plumber: 27 (21); Elway: 35 (43)
3 TDs Plumber: 6 (15); Elway: 24 (10)
3 INTs Plumber: 16 (10); Elway: 16 (26)
4 TDs Plumber: 5 (5); Elway: 9 (8)
4 INT Plumber: 4 (3); Elway: 5 (7)
5 TDs Plumber: 0 (1); Elway: 1 (0)
5 INTs Plumber: 0 (1); Elway: 1 (0)

Chef Zambini
03-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Football 101: Football is at TEAM sport! The QB is not solely responsible for the success, or failure of his team. Say what you want about Shanny, but he could spot a 4+ ypc RB for his system with almost perfect accuracy (Maurice Clarett is the only total bust at RB that I can think of).

We also had one the best mediocre D in the league. Yes, we would spend most of the regular season crushing opposing Os who didn't put protecting their QBs high on their list of priorities. However, when we played Pittsburg during AFCCG, they exposed the fact that we did it by blitzing our DB because our DL was so pathetic when it came to rushing the passer.

Nevertheless, we got to the play-offs with a solid running game & a D that worked will against the poorer Os that we face during the regular season. Jake did make a lot of big plays & had a lot of multi-TD games, but he also had more multi-INT games as well. When you compare his stats to Elway’s, his number of 4 TD games is so impressive that it explains why so many have such a high regard for him. In fact, he had a higher rate of 4 TD games then Elway. However, they also show that he was an INT machine. That's why I don't give him near as much credit for our success during his career here. I'm not saying that he didn't do a lot of good to win games; but he also did a lot of bad to lose games as well.

Jake Plumber: 143 career games; Elway: 234 (Elway played 61% more games the Plumber. The numbers in the colons are what each should have gotten if they had played as many games as the other.

Jake Plumber's game logs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PlumJa00/gamelog/)
John Elways's game logs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00/gamelog//)

2 TDs Plumber: 30 (33); Elway: 54 (48)
2 INTs Plumber: 27 (21); Elway: 35 (43)
3 TDs Plumber: 6 (15); Elway: 24 (10)
3 INTs Plumber: 16 (10); Elway: 16 (26)
4 TDs Plumber: 5 (5); Elway: 9 (8)
4 INT Plumber: 4 (3); Elway: 5 (7)
5 TDs Plumber: 0 (1); Elway: 1 (0)
5 INTs Plumber: 0 (1); Elway: 1 (1)shanahan has NOTHING to do with the run game, not the blocking, not the selection of the RB, not the running play designs, NONE OF IT !
he came from the run and shoot college program, which is a misnomer because it is all pass! when shanny was the HC at NAU he once called a game without a single run! bobby turner and alex gi9bbs are responsable for the bronco run game ! shanny darfted TD because he thought he would be a good blocker for ELWAY when he passed the ball, PERIOD !
stop giving shanahan any credit for ANY run game, he doesnt know squat about it.
read shanahans own book!

FanInAZ
03-28-2012, 10:33 PM
shanahan has NOTHING to do with the run game, not the blocking, not the selection of the RB, not the running play designs, NONE OF IT !
he came from the run and shoot college program, which is a misnomer because it is all pass! when shanny was the HC at NAU he once called a game without a single run! bobby turner and alex gi9bbs are responsable for the bronco run game ! shanny darfted TD because he thought he would be a good blocker for ELWAY when he passed the ball, PERIOD !
stop giving shanahan any credit for ANY run game, he doesnt know squat about it.
read shanahans own book!

If you’re going to refuse to credit Shanny, then who do you give credit to for the following stat trend that started before Plumber arrived in Denver & continued after he left?

Terrelll Davis (95-01): 4.6 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00.htm
Olandis Gary (99-02): 4.0 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaryOl00.htm
Mike Anderson (00-05) 4.4 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeMi00.htm
Clinton Portis (02-03) 5.5 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PortCl00.htm
Reuben Droughns (02-04) 4.4 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DrouRe00.htm
Tatum Bell (04-06, 08) 4.9 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellTa00.htm
Mike Bell (06-07) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellMi00.htm
Peyton Hillis (07-08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00.htm
Selvin Young (07-08) 5.1 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSe00.htm
Ryan Torain (08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ToraRy00.htm
Michael Pittman (08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PittMi00.htm

ChairmanBron
03-30-2012, 01:06 AM

I like his reasoning here of not coming back.

"I’m in decent shape but the process to even get in shape to play it takes six months to get ready to get on that field. I don’t even have six months right now to get ready for camp if I really wanted to. I’m honored that the people would love to see me back there but Caleb Hanie has a chance to come in and learn from one of the best players to ever play the game and that’s an opportunity that a young kid like him deserves and I’m excited for him. If I was serious about this that would be hard for me to dash some young kids dream like that just so I could play for one year. It would be more fun for me to be in the locker room, go have a beer with the guys after the game whereas a young guy like him is going to try to learn from a great player and hopefully one day become a solid quarterback in this league and I wouldn’t want to put a hamper in his goals in his life as a player.”

Read more: http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/03/28/jake-plummer-nfl-denver-broncos-comeback-peyton-manning-tim-tebow/

Chef Zambini
03-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Jake, always a good dude with a good heart. Not a choir boy, but well intentioned human being.

topscribe
03-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Jake, always a good dude with a good heart. Not a choir boy, but well intentioned human being.
That's what I like about Jake. He is what he is, and he makes no pretense as to being anything else. There is not a hypocritical bone in his body.

(Please, Tebow fans, this is not a shot at Tebow, but strictly an observation about Plummer. I don't believe Tebow to be a hypocrite.)

pnbronco
04-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Well put Chef.....he's just a good guy with a good heart. He was beyond to good to me on many occasions and never pretended to be anything but just Jake. He is that guy I wish I could of had a beer with and still might one of these days.

Dapper Dan
04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Plummermania up in here.

hotcarl
04-01-2012, 02:10 PM
nicely done bill :beer:

Chef Zambini
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM
If you’re going to refuse to credit Shanny, then who do you give credit to for the following stat trend that started before Plumber arrived in Denver & continued after he left?

Terrelll Davis (95-01): 4.6 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTe00.htm
Olandis Gary (99-02): 4.0 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaryOl00.htm
Mike Anderson (00-05) 4.4 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeMi00.htm
Clinton Portis (02-03) 5.5 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PortCl00.htm
Reuben Droughns (02-04) 4.4 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DrouRe00.htm
Tatum Bell (04-06, 08) 4.9 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellTa00.htm
Mike Bell (06-07) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellMi00.htm
Peyton Hillis (07-08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillPe00.htm
Selvin Young (07-08) 5.1 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSe00.htm
Ryan Torain (08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ToraRy00.htm
Michael Pittman (08) 4.2 ypc http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PittMi00.htmalex gibbs, line coach
bobby turner RB coach
GARY KUBIAK, Oc, QB coach, play-caller and opening script and gameplan creator!
I also credit...
our fullbacks and the plays DESIGNED BY KUBIAK to utilize a fullback, and the threat of the pass from ELWAY, as well as great downfield blocking from eddie mac and rod smith !
again I emplore all of you to read shanahans own book!
In it he reveals his exit interview with the RAIDERS when ART SCHELL told shanny,
'you dont know shit about the run game".
"next time you get a head coaching job, HIRE A COACH THAT CAN RUN YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE AND A COACH THAt can teach your running-backs"
iTS RIGHT THERE IN SHANAHANS OWN BOOK !
I credit shanny for putting all tyhe pieces in place, but I get infuriated when people try to give shanny credit for the run game. shanahan is a pass junkie, always has been,
always will be.
... And he has always NEEDED the talents of a SUPERIOR QB to make his offensive passing schemes work and make him look like an offensive genius.

Dapper Dan
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
alex gibbs, line co0ach
bobby turner RB coach
our fullbacks and the plays DESIGNED BY KUBIAK to utilize a fullback, and the threat of the pass from ELWAY, as well as great downfield blocking from eddie mac and rod smith ! again I emplore all of you to read shanahans own book! In it he reveals his exit interview with the RAIDERS when ART SCHELL told shanny,
"next time you get a head coaching job, HI9RE A COACH THAT CAN RUN YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE AND A COACH THAt can teach your running-backs"
iTS RI9GHT THERE IN SHANAHANS OWN BOOK !

I hope to God, Shanahan didn't type it up like that. If so, you're probably right about him.

Dapper Dan
04-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I guess I just can't figure out why any fan would dislike any personnel that helped our Broncos win in any way. I like Shanahan. I like Jake. I like Elway. I like Kubiac. I like Alex Gibbs. I like them all and hope they do well. Except for Jay Cutler of course. I just didn't like his quote about Bears fans being better than Broncos fans. That's about it. And Brandon Marshall. He's psycho. But yea. Everyone else is okay in my book.

FanInAZ
04-02-2012, 01:47 AM
alex gibbs, line co0ach
bobby turner RB coach
our fullbacks and the plays DESIGNED BY KUBIAK to utilize a fullback, and the threat of the pass from ELWAY, as well as great downfield blocking from eddie mac and rod smith ! again I emplore all of you to read shanahans own book! In it he reveals his exit interview with the RAIDERS when ART SCHELL told shanny,
"next time you get a head coaching job, HI9RE A COACH THAT CAN RUN YOUR OFFENSIVE LINE AND A COACH THAt can teach your running-backs"
iTS RI9GHT THERE IN SHANAHANS OWN BOOK !

I've no problem with you crediting Kubiak & the other assistances for Shanny's successes; my objection is crediting Jake "The INT Machine" Plummer.

Chef Zambini
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I hope to God, Shanahan didn't type it up like that. If so, you're probably right about him.shanahan was my typing instructor in high school.

Dapper Dan
04-02-2012, 04:05 PM
shanahan was my typing instructor in high school.

deaf 2 shanaTan!.!.!

GEM
04-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Did someone warn Plummer to watch out for a pimp mobile with Florida plates? Clay hates that guy so much, he'd drive up here just to do a drive by on Plummer and his bird.

:lol:

GEM
04-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I guess I just can't figure out why any fan would dislike any personnel that helped our Broncos win in any way. I like Shanahan. I like Jake. I like Elway. I like Kubiac. I like Alex Gibbs. I like them all and hope they do well. Except for Jay Cutler of course. I just didn't like his quote about Bears fans being better than Broncos fans. That's about it. And Brandon Marshall. He's psycho. But yea. Everyone else is okay in my book.

:laugh: Find it funny making the comment about not understanding why any fan would dislike, blah blah blah....then end it with the very thing you didn't understand. :laugh: It's ok, I don't much like a few ex Broncos players.

FanInAZ
04-02-2012, 05:32 PM

I believe that we won in spite of Jake "the INT Machine" Plumber. Granted, he was an upgrade of Griese, but that's not saying much. I also believe that if McD didn’t chase off Cutler, we’d have had at least a play-off victory or 2 with him.

Dapper Dan
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I believe that we won in spite of Jake "the INT Machine" Plumber. Granted, he was an upgrade of Griese, but that's not saying much. I also believe that if McD didn’t chase off Cutler, we’d have had at least a play-off victory or 2 with him.

Objection. Speculation.

Dapper Dan
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
:laugh: Find it funny making the comment about not understanding why any fan would dislike, blah blah blah....then end it with the very thing you didn't understand. :laugh: It's ok, I don't much like a few ex Broncos players.

I thought that as I typed it. And then I said " Screw it. Maybe no one will notice."

GEM
04-02-2012, 05:49 PM

Plummer went for a long period of one of his seasons here on a no INT streak.

As much as some don't like to admit it....people may love Cutler all they want, but since Elway...Plummer is the best qb we have had. Where it counts....wins and losses.

Northman
04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Plummer was ok but not great. He did what he could when he was here but it was time to move on.

BroncoNut
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Plummer was ok but not great. He did what he could when he was here but it was time to move on.

I didn't pay consistent attention to the organization until the last season of Jake's career, so I may be way off, but jake didn't seem that clutch. seemed like he liked the challenge of it, but just came up short. that may be similar to Tebow, (way too early to tell on that), not a good quality

GEM
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM

Plummer was pretty darn good before Pitts gave the rest of the league the blueprint how to beat him. Between that and Shanny's obsession with his shiny new toy, he was on his way out the door fairly quickly....it's also the first point where Shanny really started to lose his locker room. Pissed a lot of his players off benching the QB at 7-4.

I go back and forth on Plummer. I appreciate what he did while he was here. Was he great, no. Was he Kyle Orton, Hell no! He did enough and the guys played for him. Really all you can ask a guy who was going to retire a journeyman had he stayed in Arizona.

It is what it is and I appreciate what Jake did while here.

****Wish Cutler could have done as well**** :whistle: *Ducks from Clay....:laugh:

Chef Zambini
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
plummer suffered from a "hero complex" he had been a football hero his entire life, gunslinging his way to state championships and rosebowls.
His desire and determination to win was a classic double-edged sword.
He would lead the team on a drAMITC, DYNAMIC 80 YARD DRIVE USING BOTH HIS ARM AND LEGS, THEN throw an INT in the end-zone on first and goal.
I once compared him to the perfect prom date that once you got into the back seat of the car, he would turn into an ugly ALIEN and eat your head.

BroncoNut
04-11-2012, 12:44 PM
you've got some real messed up analogies ZAM