PDA

View Full Version : BroncosForums free Android app version 1.2 now available

Tned
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Version 1.2 of the free Android BF Mobile app is now available on the Google Market (now called Google Play).

If you already have BF Mobile for Android installed, you can go to the Google Market or Google Play Store on your Android. Go to you apps and BF Mobile should be listed as available to upgrade.

You can download and install by going to the Market and searching for BF Mobile or clicking on this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_166

Here are some of the bugs fixed in the app:

vBulletin Android Mobile App 1.2 contains 8 bug fixes. Of note are:
• Pictures in the forum threads/posts in not getting displayed
• Unable to add comments for articles
• Quotes don't display correctly
• Photo swipes are reversed

I have submitted the Iphone/IOS version of BF Mobile 1.2 to the Itunes Developer center. Once it's approved (1-3 weeks if there are no problems), I'll post a message.

Tned
04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Anyone install/upgrade the updated version? How's it working? Did those having force close issues have the problem go away?

I'm hoping the updated IOS version will be approved by Apple soon.

Softskull
04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm a bit of a droid virgin, but I like it so far. Thanks for the work.

CoachChaz
04-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Havent had any force closes since the upgrade

Tned
04-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Havent had any force closes since the upgrade

Great, thanks.

DisturbedShifty
04-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Pretty damned good for a free app. I personally prefer tapatalk, so in comparison it is a bit clunky. But it beats the hell out of the using my web browser on my phone to view the forums.

Tned
04-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Pretty damned good for a free app. I personally prefer tapatalk, so in comparison it is a bit clunky. But it beats the hell out of the using my web browser on my phone to view the forums.

Yea, tapatalk idefinitelyly more polished. I hope eventually, vBulletin will catch up. I didn't go with tapatalk, because in their free solution (free to site) they have had some security breaches with their server plugin, and accusations of taking member data and using it (email addresses of forum members). If you purchase the full branded solution that some of the bigger sites have done, it's something like $1500 or $1800 vs. the $300 upfront (including Itunes fee) + $200 a year (including Itunes developer fee).

Just couldn't cover that nut, but I had hoped vBulletin would have made more progress on their mobile app at this point. They just gave all of us early adopters a 3 month extension before we have to purchase the annual renewal, and have released two recent upgrades. I think they realized they would have a lot of people not renew the mobile apps, so have ratcheted up their development.

Tned
04-02-2012, 10:00 AM
As a side note, I just got an email from Itunes saying the IOS upgrade is now in review (was previously waiting for review), so hopefully the Iphone upgrade is released some time today.