PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Working out today

BroncoWave
03-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Per Lindsay Jones he was seen at a HS throwing with Decker, Julius Thomas, and had Walton snapping to him. Good to see him already getting chemistry with some of the guys.

Here are some more photos:

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/03/photos-denver-broncos-peyton-manning-gets-in-some-throwing-monday-march-26-2012/32542/#name

slim
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Hey, I have the same shirt!

weazel
03-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Manning face!

Dzone
03-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Well, thats proof that you dont have to have big arms to be a good QB. Damn, thems some skinny arms on that dude

Traveler
03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Where is DT?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 02:21 PM
From article:

Manning took snaps from center J.D. Walton and threw passes to wide receiver Eric Decker and tight end Julius Thomas.

"Just some drill work, talking through stuff, so he gets familiar with the verbage and the calls," Decker said. "The biggest thing is he wanted to get a feel for us, and a feel for being under center."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20258496/peyton-manning-works-out-broncos-teammates-at-valor

vandammage13
03-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Did his neck cave in yet?

Nomad
03-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks photoshopped:lol: and Manning's head is on some out of shape body

WARHORSE
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
The best news to me in all that is that Julius Thomas was out there.

Yeeeaaah baby.

Also that Decker said he looked great, but probably wont admit to how well hes doing.

That sounds real promising coming off the quotes from Stokely, "Hes throwing like he did six years ago" and Manning in response to Elways query on whether he can get back to that MVP form: "No doubt".

Somebody pinch me.

I take that back. Wont look right one grown man pinching another.

Just go ahead and slug me in the arm a few good ones.

TaylorK47
03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
WOO HOO I was hoping that they would start practicing together GO BRONCOS

wayninja
03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I agree with others here.. maybe the pads do something, but there is just something off looking about that pic!

I'm not claiming it's not real, but it's not the most flattering pose of athleticism I've ever seen. But who cares what he looks like as long as he threading ropes for TD's.

Nomad
03-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree with others here.. maybe the pads do something, but there is just something off looking about that pic!

I'm not claiming it's not real, but it's not the most flattering pose of athleticism I've ever seen. But who cares what he looks like as long as he threading ropes for TD's.

Right on!

Traveler has a point.....DT better get his ass to Dove Valley.

claymore
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Its great to have an ugly effecctive QB again. I hated having useless underwear models at QB!!!!

PatriotsGuy
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
He has a gut like Clay's

claymore
03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
He has a gut like Clay's

And Arms as spindly as Topscribe. Good thing Manning is a genius!

Nomad
03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Its great to have an ugly effecctive QB again. I hated having useless underwear models at QB!!!!

Clash of the QB Underwear Models in NY....great title for the soap opera that will go on there :lol:.......all they need is B Quinn and they'd have a trio who could pose together:lol:.

NightTrainLayne
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM

Don't forget he's like 6'5" or 6'6". Longer arms look skinnier.

Traveler
03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Right on!

Traveler has a point.....DT better get his ass to Dove Valley.

Just read over at the Mane that Thomas just recently had the pins removed from his hand.

BroncoWave
03-26-2012, 04:09 PM

I never saw Kyle Orton as the underwear model type.

Nomad
03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Just read over at the Mane that Thomas just recently had the pins removed from his hand.

That's cool, but I'd still like to see DT there even if it's standing around next to Manning

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Decker is a big dude.

dogfish
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM
laser-rocket arm!!

sneakers
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
laser-rocket arm!!

What the hell is a laser-rocket?

Seems like an oxymoron.

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
What the hell is a laser-rocket?

Seems like an oxymoron.

Duh. It's a rocket. That's a laser.

sneakers
03-26-2012, 04:53 PM

How? What?

One is a solid structure propelled by chemical propellants, the other a focused stream of light all of the same wavelength.

Davii
03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
How? What?

One is a solid structure propelled by chemical propellants, the other a focused stream of light all of the same wavelength.

Maybe it's a rocket that uses a laser for its guidance system?

sneakers
03-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Maybe it's a rocket that uses a laser for its guidance system?

That could work in outerspace (as in an ion drive)

but it wouldn't technically be a rocket....

BroncoWave
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Sneakers no one likes a nitpicker!

wayninja
03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
That could work in outerspace (as in an ion drive)

but it wouldn't technically be a rocket....

Just to nitpick...

An Ion thruster technically IS a rocket, since it thrusts an object using Newtons second law, it just trades a short specific impulse for a much longer one. It's just not a conventional chemical rocket.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Have you seen Manning's strange wind up?

Neither have I. :D

dogfish
03-26-2012, 05:50 PM

clearly, freakers has never seen peyton manning throw a football. . .

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Have you seen Manning's strange wind up?

Neither have I. :D

I hear he pulls the ball from down by his ass to launch the missles that take ladders from fire engines to retrieve.

Dzone
03-26-2012, 06:21 PM
D Thomas has pins in his hand? Huh? wtf? What did he do now?? Good lord, and we call Knowshon injury prone, geez

And I want to know who photoshopped Mannings head on Mr. Puniverse?

bcbronc
03-26-2012, 06:26 PM
There's actually people out there that don't know that a laser-rocket is a rocket that moves at the speed of a laser? They're the third rarest form of rocket.

LTC Pain
03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
There's actually people out there that don't know that a laser-rocket is a rocket that moves at the speed of a laser? They're the third rarest form of rocket.

This! Send the specs of the thing to Sneakers. He needs enlightenment.

claymore
03-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Say what you want, but Manning gave me a boner in the pic earlier on in this thread.

wayninja
03-26-2012, 07:22 PM

Um... so you are saying that Peyton Mannings arm possesses all of the energy in the universe?

And I thought I like to exaggerate.

BigDaddyBronco
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Say what you want, but Manning gave me a boner in the pic earlier on in this thread.

Just wait until you meat me.

iLands
03-26-2012, 08:06 PM
This is great too see. I like how JT is already getting in on the action!

LawDog
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Just wait until you meat me.

Um, I think you inadvertently said a mouthful...

Npba900
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Did his neck cave in yet?

Peyton is currently lifting weights in the hopes his biceps get as large as Tebows.....to help his throwing accuracy!:D

wayninja
03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Um, I think you inadvertently said a mouthful...

Uh...yeah. Inadvertent...

wayninja
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Peyton is currently lifting weights in the hopes his biceps get as large as Tebows.....to help his throwing accuracy!:D

I win my bet! Said Tebow would be mentioned before post 50! Take that Dave!

T.K.O.
03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
http://director.denverpost.com/p.php?a=RXdrdXxkVF5lZGVrfWNeOzI6JClDW00uNjI8LTsiNz knJjE%2FOicqMSY6LiY0LT4yJiYrOSc%2FLjI2&m=1332789156

looks more like a grumpy neighbor who wants you to get that dog poo off his lawn than a QB...i keeeeeeed

broncobryce
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM

Yeah, Manning has always looked weird to me. He has the oddest shaped body of any football player. He just looks terrible in pads. But like you said as long as he's throwing good I don't really care.

broncobryce
03-26-2012, 10:52 PM

Doesn't sound very reliable to me. I never heard anything like that. Can anyone confirm this? Sounds like BS

Broncfan1970
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow out working with receivers n his center, what a novel approach to be a QB. I thought it was touring n promoting a book of all your accomplishments at age 22 and awards gala with tayler swift. Then pray bro Jesus to fix your funky delivery, footwork and inability to read a defense. Ill be damned someone call Timmy an tell him that Manning Guy might just be onto something.

OrangeFanatic
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Granted I've never really seen him throw without his helmet on, but does he always look like hes getting a prostate exam from king kong when he throws? I hope he's not in pain.

LawDog
03-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Wow out working with receivers n his center, what a novel approach to be a QB. I thought it was touring n promoting a book of all your accomplishments at age 22 and awards gala with tayler swift. Then pray bro Jesus to fix your funky delivery, footwork and inability to read a defense. Ill be damned someone call Timmy an tell him that Manning Guy might just be onto something.

If this the type of post we can expect from you, I don't see you lasting. Take your Tebow bashing down the road,
bro. We've moved on, I suggest you do likewise.

pnbronco
03-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Reading the article and seeing the pictures just gives me goosebumps. Oh I so love this and that he is working with Julius is so cool. You know Deckers and Julius ended the year injured as well. So they can all rehab at Dove and it may have been something as simple as hey do you want to start working out off site for a little while? Glad to read that Walton is in town and can start working on the timing with Peyton.

I'm sure DT will be in the mix soon enough. Everyone has pretty much told him he needs to get working with Peyton ASAP and stay at it.

Hey War I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way. It will be OK if I give you a pinch since I am female. I don't punch very well and really do not want to get punched back.

BTW when can the players start working with the coaches at Dove? Is it after the draft? I can't remember if it was Draft, Mini Camp, OTA's and Training Camp or what.

Traveler
03-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Reading the article and seeing the pictures just gives me goosebumps. Oh I so love this and that he is working with Julius is so cool. You know Deckers and Julius ended the year injured as well. So they can all rehab at Dove and it may have been something as simple as hey do you want to start working out off site for a little while? Glad to read that Walton is in town and can start working on the timing with Peyton.

I'm sure DT will be in the mix soon enough. Everyone has pretty much told him he needs to get working with Peyton ASAP and stay at it.

Hey War I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way. It will be OK if I give you a pinch since I am female. I don't punch very well and really do not want to get punched back.

BTW when can the players start working with the coaches at Dove? Is it after the draft? I can't remember if it was Draft, Mini Camp, OTA's and Training Camp or what.

I believe OTA's begin April 13th.

Dirk
03-27-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm really happy to see that he can move his head left and right. That has worried me a little.

This is going to be an interesting season coming up!!

Northman
03-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Im surprised he's not throwing from a wheelchair.

Dirk
03-27-2012, 06:48 AM
No kidding.....gotta love modern medicine!

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
If this the type of post we can expect from you, I don't see you lasting. Take your Tebow bashing down the road,
bro. We've moved on, I suggest you do likewise.

Hmmmm...... Really so outa of all the posts on here you focused on mine why? It was meant to be a funny dig at a subject of an ex bronco, that could honestly learn much of how a GOAT handles the off season. I coulda omitted the name if it made you feel better, and said all the young QBs in the league could learn from Manning how a all time great handles himself. Funny I went thru your previous posts I don't notice you calling out people still here bashing the front office for the Manning move. Don't worry bro I didn't come here looking for your approval or friendship, I came to talk about the Broncos, because I haven't been this excited about an off season in a long time. If my comments bother you on a personal level, here is a clue don't read em.

Chef Zambini
03-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Per Lindsay Jones he was seen at a HS throwing with Decker, Julius Thomas, and had Walton snapping to him. Good to see him already getting chemistry with some of the guys.

Here are some more photos:

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/03/photos-denver-broncos-peyton-manning-gets-in-some-throwing-monday-march-26-2012/32542/#name

wait, what?
did you say he was taking CHEMISTRY at a local high school with some fellow broncos/
Nice to know they are furthering their education in the off season !

Nomad
03-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Im surprised he's not throwing from a wheelchair.

The way the photo looks, he does look like Timmay.

Bugs Baloney
03-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Great to see Julius Thomas out there!

LawDog
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Hmmmm...... Really so outa of all the posts on here you focused on mine why? It was meant to be a funny dig at a subject of an ex bronco, that could honestly learn much of how a GOAT handles the off season. I coulda omitted the name if it made you feel better, and said all the young QBs in the league could learn from Manning how a all time great handles himself. Funny I went thru your previous posts I don't notice you calling out people still here bashing the front office for the Manning move. Don't worry bro I didn't come here looking for your approval or friendship, I came to talk about the Broncos, because I haven't been this excited about an off season in a long time. If my comments bother you on a personal level, here is a clue don't read em.

I focused on your post because: 1) it was your 4th post on the site so you haven't built a reputation for insightful, witty, tongue-in-cheek commenting; and 2) it wasn't the slightest bit funny.

701Bronco
03-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Anybody know what he had for lunch? Did he go with the ham or the turkey sandwich? Toasted or not on what kind of bread??? Also did he pee standing or sitting this morning? 1% or 2% on his wheaties? OJ or apple juice???

Broncfan1970
03-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I focused on your post because: 1) it was your 4th post on the site so you haven't built a reputation for insightful, witty, tongue-in-cheek commenting; and 2) it wasn't the slightest bit funny.

Lol hmmmm...... Trust me after reading your very uninspiring, dull, and non funny posts I wouldn't quit your day job. I was half tempted to point out how many posts were made both pro and against tebow in the last couple days for you, but you seem like a bright enough person to figure out that your little we've moved on comment was BS. Like I said before you don't like what I post, don't read it.

T.K.O.
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
pretty cool we have a future HOF'r at QB again eh?:D

rcsodak
03-27-2012, 08:36 PM

Fred in '12! ;')

LawDog
03-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Fred in '12! ;')

If only RC, if only...

Dzone
03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
At Valor High School in Denver. They were joking on the radio that Peyton probably wishes the Bronco facilities were as nice as Valor's. That high school has only been there since 2007 and now they dominate in most sports