PDA

View Full Version : Haven't heard much from Del Rio.

Mannway187
03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
So far he's gotten a new safety, cornerback, and probably the 25 pick in the draft joining last years defense and he seems almost like a forgotten man. Theres been talk here and there about the defense being more aggressive than last years. Any thoughts?

Also anybody else besides me think that the real reason Teblow ended up a Jet was purely the result of the way they shit on their former head coach? Just curious, because it does suddenly seem mighty coincidental the way things worked out.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
tim tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
How much did we hear from Allen or McCoy last year at this time? Normally, you don't start hearing from coordinators until TC starts and during the season. Have you heard anything from any other coordinators on any team? Did they have Mike McCoy do a Q&A session when we acquired Manning? Is Sparano going to get to talk to the media about Tebow? Have you heard anything from the Bears' Jeremy Bates about his reunion with Cutler?

At this stage of the offseason, I think the less you hear from coordinators, usually the better. JDR, like all the other assistants should be prepping his playbook and preparing his goals for OTAs. He might be able to give a little input to EFX about who he wants us to draft next month, but I don't think he'll have a lot of say in the matter. There's just no controversy for any media outlet to get a soundbite from him yet. No news is probably good news.

Cugel
03-27-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm surprised that anybody expects to hear from a DC at this point in the off-season. What's he going to say "I hope our defense can stop somebody from running the ball down our throats this year?" OR "we could sure use a DT or two because the ones we have under contract don't inspire a lot of confidence?" :laugh:

hotcarl
03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Kenny powers

slim
03-27-2012, 07:12 PM
He is too lazy to talk.

Nomad
03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
He is too lazy to talk.

oh no u ditten go there!:lol:

Dzone
03-27-2012, 11:22 PM
Maybe Joe Mays will become a h0witzer with a little help up front

vandammage13
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Haha....With all of the Manning/Tebow stuff going on, I totally forgot about Del Rio.

I think its funny about the "more agressive defense" angle...Is it just me or does it seem like every time a team gets a new Defensive Coordinator he says he's going to make it a more aggressive, blitzing, ball hawking D? :laugh:

Dzone
03-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Haha....With all of the Manning/Tebow stuff going on, I totally forgot about Del Rio.

I think its funny about the "more agressive defense" angle...Is it just me or does it seem like every time a team gets a new Defensive Coordinator he says he's going to make it a more aggressive, blitzing, ball hawking D? :laugh:
LMAO! Every single damn time!

Cugel
03-28-2012, 04:01 PM
LMAO! Every single damn time!

The reason that never worked was that the defensive players sucked. In years past when they tried to blitz you could hardly tell because even rushing 5 or 6 players they never had any pass-rush.

Now they have Doom & Miller, but the interior of their line and the rest of their LBs are nothing special, so there's a core weakness that creates problems.

The entire secondary outside Champ were mediocre at best. But, they are getting younger which can't hurt. With Dawkins probably not coming back they may need to draft another DB. Alphonso Smith and Darcel McBath were wasted picks so it's back to the well. :rolleyes:

Chef Zambini
03-29-2012, 08:29 AM
back to jack...
unless your last name is ryan, it would be unusual to hear anything from any DC in the NFL at any time of year..

BTW, I love the point about every new DC bringing a more aggressive style to the game.

on a side note, who is going to replace gregg williams?