PDA

View Full Version : QB Caleb Hanie signs with Denver

camdisco24
03-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Per Spano and ESPNchi

RT @ESPNChiBears: Filed to http://ESPNChicago.com: Free agent QB Caleb Hanie agrees to terms on a 2-year deal with Denver Broncos.

Not a bad choice to back up Peyton... Thoughts?

Canmore
03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Per Spano and ESPNchi

Not a bad choice to back up Peyton... Thoughts?

How much did we pay him?

camdisco24
03-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Not seeing any money info yet. Will post when available.

Buff
03-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Apparently every other human being with a functioning throwing arm was unavailable.

Hate this move. My only hope is that he's a camp arm and some 6th round rookie beats him out.

shank
03-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Nomad
03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
lol

tomjonesrocks
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe Denver wants to be sure the next time the backup comes in, the team TANKS properly.

Don't think we have to worry about the term "Hanie Time" entering our lexicon anytime soon...

Nomad
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe Denver wants to be sure the next time the backup comes in, the team TANKS properly.

Don't think we have to worry about the term "Hanie Time" entering our lexicon anytime soon...

Damn if that's the case, I'm disappointed the BRONCOS didn't go after Curtis Painter.:lol:

SR
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Not a big fan. I would've rather had Vince ******* Young than Caleb ******* Hanie.

slim
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Wtf?

camdisco24
03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I just like the fact that no one will be chanting HANIE HANIE HANIE! Every time Manning does one thing wrong.

Sad that my views are that distorted post-Tebow.

Slick
03-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Manning better stay healthy. Hanie is a scrub.

weazel
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
apparently Akili Smith wasnt available

slim
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
He may be the worst QB in the league.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 06:04 PM
He may be the worst QB in the league.

Worse than Painter

camdisco24
03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Worse than Painter

No way, Hanie is a lot better than that moron.

Magnificent Seven
03-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Report: Broncos agree to 2-year deal with QB Hanie

by Andrew Mason, CBSSports.com

John Elway said Tuesday the Broncos didn't have a "Plan B" behind Peyton Manning. The closest thing to it will be ex-Bears QB Caleb Hanie, who agreed on a two-year contract Saturday, ESPN reported. Hanie had a promising relief appearance in the 2010 NFC Championship game but struggled as a starter in 2011, going 0-4 and logging a 3-to-9 TD-to-INT ratio and a 41.8 rating.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/DEN

SR
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Someone please call Ryan Leaf and offer the man a job.

topscribe
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I have a feeling that the instant Peyton goes down it will be wait 'til next year . . .

Canmore
03-24-2012, 06:11 PM
I have a feeling that the instant Peyton goes down it will be wait 'til next year . . .

Let's hope that doesn't happen.

bcbronc
03-24-2012, 06:12 PM
He at least played well in the nfccg after cutler got a boo boo. But let's be reality, if manning isn't able to stay healthy, plan b is a top 5 draft pick.

slim
03-24-2012, 06:14 PM
No way, Hanie is a lot better than that moron.

I think it's a toss up.

I guess it doesn't really matter who the back up is. If Peyton gets hurt, we are screwed.

Dzone
03-24-2012, 06:16 PM
This dude is terrible. If Peytons neurons go haywire, this is NOT who we want as our QB. Just pray that Manning is healed.

Ziggy
03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I think it's a toss up.

I guess it doesn't really matter who the back up is. If Peyton gets hurt, we are screwed.

Bingo. We've put all of our eggs into one basket with the PM signing. Much like Indy, if he goes down this team doesn't have near enough talent to win many games without him. The backup is just a warm body to carry the clip board on game days.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Worse than Painter

You can argue between them but... Hainey (- 6.9 in 260 snaps) Painter (-22.9 in 469 snaps). Now maybe if you triple the snaps for Hainey you'll have a winner! :lol:

silkamilkamonico
03-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Caleb Painter vs Curtis Painter?

Who cares, they're both garbage. Nothing but a fill in if Manning goes down, and if Manning goes down, it doesn't really matter at this point anyways.

Slick
03-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I can't say what I really want to say because I promised myself I wouldn't.

Go Broncos!

topscribe
03-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Let’s face it: The Broncos will be dire straits if Manning, 36, misses a huge chunk of time, regardless of who is the backup.
(by Burger Bill http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42134/denver-gives-manning-a-backup)

That's about the size of it . . .

hotcarl
03-24-2012, 07:10 PM
We are going "plan A" all the way. If Peyton gets hurt WE LOSE! who cares? We need to draft qb at some point but it's the same as when Johnny was qb.... Kill yourself if you think otherwise. Tia.

Medford Bronco
03-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Where was Bill Volek. He is better than this guy.

wayninja
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Don't worry guys, Elway is going to work with him in the offseason.

If Manning has a few bad games, I'm going to be starting the "Han-ie!" chant.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Caleb Painter vs Curtis Painter?

Who cares, they're both garbage. Nothing but a fill in if Manning goes down, and if Manning goes down, it doesn't really matter at this point anyways.

Maybe Denver wants to be sure the next time the backup comes in, the team TANKS properly....

This !

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
From article:

With the Broncos, Hanie will get a new lesson in work ethic. In his four seasons with the Bears, Hanie first played behind Kyle Orton and then Cutler. Neither Orton nor Cutler are known for putting in extra time on the practice field or weight room, at least not while they played in Denver.

Manning is known as one of the most prepared quarterbacks — both mentally and physically — in the league.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20249251/broncos-sign-caleb-hanie-be-mannings-backup

dunk7
03-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Let's be realistic, we weren't going to sign a top flight backup when we've dumped $19 million into a starter. , FWIW, Hanie is a better passer than Tebow and a decent scrambler, just needs to improve on his decision making. I just have a feeling much of this negativity is because his first name isn't Timmay!

BroncoStud
03-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Caleb ******* Hanie... Caleb ******* Hanie... He's HORRENDOUS. I hope he gets cut in camp. A guy like Drew Stanton would have been 1,000 times better than Caleb ******* Hanie.

What a joke.

bcbronc
03-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Caleb ******* Hanie... Caleb ******* Hanie... He's HORRENDOUS. I hope he gets cut in camp. A guy like Drew Stanton would have been 1,000 times better than Caleb ******* Hanie.

What a joke.

You'd rather give up an asset to have Drew Stanton than have Hanie for nothing?

That's a joke.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-24-2012, 08:17 PM
No worries. The Broncos will draft a QB this year... the only question is what round. We'll bring 4 QBs to camp Manning, Hanie, Weber, and a rookie. Everyone will see what a joke Hanie is, he'll get beaten out by the rookie, and fall to 3rd on the depth chart and Weber will probably head back to the PS.

I've got a feeling either Weeden, Osweiler, or Foles will be a Bronco. Really though, Hanie is here to take snaps in the preseason. Manning won't be doing much, if any, of that.

topscribe
03-24-2012, 08:24 PM
No worries. The Broncos will draft a QB this year... the only question is what round. We'll bring 4 QBs to camp Manning, Hanie, Weber, and a rookie. Everyone will see what a joke Hanie is, he'll get beaten out by the rookie, and fall to 3rd on the depth chart and Weber will probably head back to the PS.

I've got a feeling either Weeden, Osweiler, or Foles will be a Bronco. Really though, Hanie is here to take snaps in the preseason. Manning won't be doing much, if any, of that.
I highly doubt they'll select Weeden now. He would instantly be very unhappy, stuck behind Manning for three or four years until he's crowding his mid-thirties, and I'm sure the FO knows that.

Osweiler or Foles might just be the ticket. Big guys with strong arms. Both have a lot of problems, but they would have those three or four years to work on them and to develop.

claymore
03-24-2012, 08:35 PM
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

rationalfan
03-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh no the sky is falling. Read into this move; it suggests the broncos are very confident Peyton is healthy. That's a good thing.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh no the sky is falling. Read into this move; it suggests the broncos are very confident Peyton is healthy. That's a good thing.

Like I said, somebody has to take the snaps in the preseason. I just don't see Manning playing much if at all in the preseason. Reps are one thing, risking Manning's health in meaningless full-contact games is something else entirely.

Dzone
03-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Hanie has the "it" factor. His mere presence on the field is electrifying. His leadership and charisma is enough to will a team to victory. He elevates the play of everyone on the team, both offense and defense. All he do is win.
Caleb Hainie is a great football player, all we have to do is make him a great quarterback.

chazoe60
03-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Guys, it matters not, Manning will play in all of our 23 wins next season(I'm including preseason games of course).

Dzone
03-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Guys, it matters not, Manning will play in all of our 23 wins next season(I'm including preseason games of course).
I hope youre right because anything less and Elway will be hung in effigy

MOtorboat
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
So, Hanie nearly took the Bears to the playoffs last year, had Marion Barber not fumbled the football.

In that regard, I think it's kind of funny people are making fun of the signing, considering the great Jay Cutler has only done that once.

Hanie is a good backup. Solid signing. And he's better than Tebow.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

You miss that show.....don't you.:lol:

wayninja
03-24-2012, 10:10 PM

Oh? I thought the 100 million dollars suggested that.

Ridiculous. Even for you.

MOtorboat
03-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh? I thought the 100 million dollars suggested that.

Ridiculous. Even for you.

No it's not.

Reality...

Tebow was bad. Real bad. He's gone now, so I'm not mincing words.

wayninja
03-24-2012, 11:05 PM
No it's not.

Reality...

Oh, give it a rest, sometimes you are as bad as the fanatics. Worse than Caleb Hanie?? That's just too silly to take seriously.

MOtorboat
03-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh, give it a rest, sometimes you are as bad as the fanatics. Worse than Caleb Hanie?? That's just too silly to take seriously.

Give it a rest? If Marion Barber doesn't fumble the football, Hanie leads the Bears to the playoffs and Tebow doesn't lead the Broncos to the playoffs.

They are both backups. One got extremely lucky, the other didn't.

wayninja
03-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Give it a rest? If Marion Barber doesn't fumble the football, Hanie leads the Bears to the playoffs and Tebow doesn't lead the Broncos to the playoffs.

You are just going to ignore all the other differences and simply focus on that single game then?

Ok, two can play at that game. Steelers. Enough said.

MOtorboat
03-24-2012, 11:15 PM
You are just going to ignore all the other differences and simply focus on that single game then?

Ok, two can play at that game. Steelers. Enough said.

If Hanie wasn't spotted the pathetic Cutler performance in the NFC Championship Game last season, he would have played in the Super Bowl.

So, that really doesn't hold a lot of weight.

Both backups.

Frank Reich was awesome. He has the greatest comeback ever.

topscribe
03-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Or step out of bounds when he has the game won.

But we won't mention other incidents, such as 59-yard FGs . . . oh, and that fantastic play when D.J. stripped the ball out of the QB's hands . . .

And wasn't there that great last-minute Tebow comeback that composed two long runs by McGahee and one by Ball? Something like that?

wayninja
03-24-2012, 11:22 PM
If Hanie wasn't spotted the pathetic Cutler performance in the NFC Championship Game last season, he would have played in the Super Bowl.

So, that really doesn't hold a lot of weight.

Both backups.

Frank Reich was awesome. He has the greatest comeback ever.

Yeah, it holds a ton of weight, actually. You are playing what-ifs, I'm playing reality. Hanie threw 2 interceptions in that game. This year he threw 3 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. What you are proposing is so preposterous that it smacks of sour grapes some how.

The reality is that Hanie hasn't won a single game as a starter in the NFL.

sneakers
03-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Hanie is terrible

wayninja
03-24-2012, 11:35 PM

But we won't mention other incidents, such as 59-yard FGs . . . oh, and that fantastic play when D.J. stripped the ball out of the QB's hands . . .

And wasn't there that great last-minute Tebow comeback that composed two long runs by McGahee and one by Ball? Something like that?

Yeah, it was everyone else. Tebow never ran or threw the ball when the game was on the line. So, therefore, Hanie is a better QB. Good logic.

Canmore
03-24-2012, 11:38 PM

It's a team game and Tebow played a large part in it, good and bad. You don't retool an entire offense unless the quarterback is a large part of it.

igoe4broncos
03-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Would rather have Jeff Garcia's old ass than Hanie. This dude was absolutely awful last year.

OrangeFanatic
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM

If we can win the first round of playoffs with the "worst QB ever", we better damn well get past the first round with "the best QB ever".

bcbronc
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Hanie has the "it" factor. His mere presence on the field is electrifying. His leadership and charisma is enough to will a team to victory. He elevates the play of everyone on the team, both offense and defense. All he do is win.
Caleb Hainie is a great football player, all we have to do is make him a great quarterback.

Dude, you so have Hanie confused with John Skelton.

topscribe
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
It's a team game and Tebow played a large part in it, good and bad. You don't retool an entire offense unless the quarterback is a large part of it.
That's true. I have no argument with that. What has stuck in my craw is the apparent superstar status imputed to Tebow over those team wins.

Moreover, they had to retool the offense. They had no choice because it was designed primarily for a pocket passer, and Tebow is not a good pocket passer.

Canmore
03-25-2012, 12:46 AM
That's true. I have no argument with that. What has stuck in my craw is the apparent superstar status imputed to Tebow over those team wins.

Moreover, they had to retool the offense. They had no choice because it was designed primarily for a pocket passer, and Tebow is not a good pocket passer.

The Tebowners drive me up a wall also. It reminds me of running your fingernails down a blackboard. The sound males your skin crawl. It also drives me up a wall when the anti-Tebow crowd shouts out that Tebow is the worst quarterback in the league. Quarterbacks are judged most importantly on wins and Tebow went 8-5 including two playoff games. That is a record I'll take. Can it be duplicated? I don't know and we'll never know because we now have Peyton Manning. Are we better off? Probably, but that is all predicated on Manning being healthy. Only time will tell.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 12:55 AM
The Tebowners drive me up a wall also. It reminds me of running your fingernails down a blackboard. The sound males your skin crawl. It also drives me up a wall when the anti-Tebow crowd shouts out that Tebow is the worst quarterback in the league. Quarterbacks are judged most importantly on wins and Tebow went 8-5 including two playoff games. That is a record I'll take. Can it be duplicated? I don't know and we'll never know because we now have Peyton Manning. Are we better off? Probably, but that is all predicated on Manning being healthy. Only time will tell.

If I could hive five more, I would. It's rare that there is a rational poster on the Tebow subject. The moderates definitely get drowned out by the the extremists.

chazoe60
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM
If I could hive five more, I would. It's rare that there is a rational poster on the Tebow subject. The moderates definitely get drowned out by the the extremists.

Exactly!

If you can't see that Tebow is the worst QB in the league then you are a complete moron and should never be allowed to watch the game again. If you don't see that dropping Tebow for Manning was the worst decision the franchise has ever made then you are a complete moron and should never watchthe sport again.

Tebow is the best! Tebow is the worst! If you can't see that then you're dumber than shit and there's no hope for you.

chazoe60
03-25-2012, 01:18 AM

Exactly!

If you can't see that Tebow is the worst QB in the league then you are a complete moron and should never be allowed to watch the game again. If you don't see that dropping Tebow for Manning was the worst decision the franchise has ever made then you are a complete moron and should never watchthe sport again.

Tebow is the best! Tebow is the worst! If you can't see that then you're dumber than shit and there's no hope for you.

bcbronc
03-25-2012, 01:19 AM

Agree. You definitely have drowned out a lot of rational discussion over the past little while way.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:24 AM
Agree. You definitely have drowned out a lot of rational discussion over the past little while way.

You rascal.

BroncoStud
03-25-2012, 01:27 AM
You'd rather give up an asset to have Drew Stanton than have Hanie for nothing?

That's a joke.

Yes. Caleb Hanie brings NOTHING positive to the roster - at all. Total waste of a roster spot. He is putrid.

topscribe
03-25-2012, 01:32 AM
No, I don't believe Tebow was the worst QB in the league. That might have been Caleb Hanie.

Oh wait . . .

Canmore
03-25-2012, 01:35 AM
No, I don't believe Tebow was the worst QB in the league. That might have been Caleb Hanie.

Oh wait . . .

Lol.

Jsteve01
03-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Wow we are bashing hainie for looking bad behind the worst line in the game?

DenBronx
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
How is this an upgrade over Brady Quinn???

Terrible choice for a backup....Its Manning or bust.

Canmore
03-25-2012, 02:44 AM

Pretty much sums it up.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
We should all kill ourselves I guess

chazoe60
03-25-2012, 08:06 AM
We should all kill ourselves I guess

You go first.

Elevation inc
03-25-2012, 08:41 AM
horrible choice WTF they blinded by manning now.....this is by far the worst FA sigining ever of the EFX era.....what a stupid call this was.....

Canmore
03-25-2012, 08:42 AM
horrible choice WTF they blinded by manning now.....this is by far the worst FA sigining ever of the EFX era.....what a stupid call this was.....

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Northman
03-25-2012, 08:56 AM
I just like the fact that no one will be chanting HANIE HANIE HANIE! Every time Manning does one thing wrong.

Sad that my views are that distorted post-Tebow.

This^

If Manning struggles there wont be gay chants for the backup to come in.

Northman
03-25-2012, 09:09 AM
As too the silly comparisons between Tebow and Hanie. Tebow started 10 more games than Hanie did. I saw a lot of the same people in this thread making excuses that Tebow "only started 16 games" mantra and yet people want to write off Hanie after 4. Lol

For the record, i dont think Hanie is good either but to claim Tebow is flat out better is ridiculous. Even with far less starts he has a better completion percentage than Teebs and their receivers and Oline are worse than ours.

At the end of the day Hanie is here to hold a clipboard nothing more, nothing less.

Canmore
03-25-2012, 09:10 AM
As too the silly comparisons between Tebow and Hanie. Tebow started 10 more games than Hanie did. I saw a lot of the same people in this thread making excuses that Tebow "only started 16 games" mantra and yet people want to write off Hanie after 4. Lol

For the record, i dont think Hanie is good either but to claim Tebow is flat out better is ridiculous. Even with far less starts he has a better completion percentage than Teebs and their receivers and Oline are worse than ours.

At the end of the day Hanie is here to hold a clipboard nothing more, nothing less.

We hope.

Northman
03-25-2012, 09:13 AM
We hope.

Are you honestly telling me here that you think they consider Hanie the future of this organization? Bhwhahahahahaha

Elevation inc
03-25-2012, 09:13 AM
this signing is retarded, and i pray a clipboard holder is all he will be.....:lol:

CoachChaz
03-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I guess I'd have to see how he performs on a team with a decent RB, healthy WRs and an OL that doesnt resemble my sons high school team, before I claimed to know anything about his abilities as a backup QB

BORDERLINE
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
He did look good a couple years ago in the nfccg. I wanted billy volek since the guy is very dependable and knows his role.

broncs9899
03-25-2012, 10:28 AM
We really signed no skills hanie to a contract? Geez

Northman
03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Your right, you should call Bowlen immediately and protest.

claymore
03-25-2012, 11:03 AM

I dont really think its an upgrade over Quin, but Quin was done wrong in Denver IMO, and he had a legitimate chance to unseat Casselll in KC. I dont think he wanted to be here. JMO

claymore
03-25-2012, 11:05 AM

I dont think people realize how bad that Bears offense was last year. Cutler was doing a whole lot with nothing, Hanie never had a chance. Having said that Hanie is the speed bump before we draft the successor to manning.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 11:22 AM
i guess we should all kill ourselves v:)v

MileHighCrew
03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php/374492-QB-Caleb-Hanie-signs-with-Denver
this is a link to the thread with 86 posts on the subject

wayninja
03-25-2012, 11:30 AM

Who's writing Hanie off?

That's not the issue. Claiming he is better than Tebow is simply baseless.

Northman
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Who's writing Hanie off?

That's not the issue. Claiming he is better than Tebow is simply baseless.

Either one is baseless. Right now neither QB is better than the other in the grand scheme of things.

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 11:42 AM
So, Hanie nearly took the Bears to the playoffs last year, had Marion Barber not fumbled the football.

In that regard, I think it's kind of funny people are making fun of the signing, considering the great Jay Cutler has only done that once.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't be serious.

broncs9899
03-25-2012, 11:42 AM
OK give me bowlens number and ill have a chat with him. And guess what this is thread number 87 about this

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 11:44 AM
so seriously, is it time to blow our brains out? im ready.

MOtorboat
03-25-2012, 11:46 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't be serious.

Yup.

:coffee:

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 11:51 AM
If Manning struggles there wont be gay chants for the backup to come in.

The chants will be gone. However, if Manning and the team struggles the heat and criticism will fall squarely on the shoulders of John Elway. He wont be given the free pass they had. It could get ugly!

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
so should we all pull the trigger? the gun is in my mouth... is everyone else in on this? we are doing it right??

Northman
03-25-2012, 12:09 PM
The chants will be gone. However, if Manning and the team struggles the heat and criticism will fall squarely on the shoulders of John Elway. He wont be given the free pass they had. It could get ugly!

Depending on how they fail. If it is squarely on Manning's shoulders in terms of poor play than yes. But if Manning plays well yet the team fails than i dont see Elway getting criticism. Fact is, Tebow isnt better than Manning and a fluke season in that regard isnt going to prove the FO wrong for upgrading one position.

chazoe60
03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
so should we all pull the trigger? the gun is in my mouth... is everyone else in on this? we are doing it right??

See you on the other side. Have fun trolling St. Peter.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM

so is it time? is the mothership here now? my pod is full.... prepare for afterlife

Nomad
03-25-2012, 12:33 PM

:lol: carl gets to you chazoe

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 12:35 PM
so is it time? is the mothership here now? my pod is full.... prepare for afterlife

Barbituates and kool aid :rockon: My Nike Heavne's Gates just showed up. Putting on the robe now!

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Depending on how they fail. If it is squarely on Manning's shoulders in terms of poor play than yes. But if Manning plays well yet the team fails than i dont see Elway getting criticism. Fact is, Tebow isnt better than Manning and a fluke season in that regard isnt going to prove the FO wrong for upgrading one position.

You may try to be objective but the media, especially the mainstream national (god I sound like Wiz :tsk:) wont be. I assure you. They will talk about the move all season long and try to label it definitively as a good or bad move each week with the final verdict at season's end. If this team doesn't accomplish as much as the "fluke" with so many improvements, it will be hard to drown out the criticism for Elway.

chazoe60
03-25-2012, 12:42 PM
:lol: carl gets to you chazoe

He just annoys me. It'd be better if he was actually funny.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Either one is baseless. Right now neither QB is better than the other in the grand scheme of things.

Um. No.

If you want to slide on that slope, no QB is better than any other in 'the grand scheme of things'.

Northman
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
You may try to be objective but the media, especially the mainstream national (god I sound like Wiz :tsk:) wont be. I assure you. They will talk about the move all season long and try to label it definitively as a good or bad move each week with the final verdict at season's end. If this team doesn't accomplish as much as the "fluke" with so many improvements, it will be hard to drown out the criticism for Elway.

I disagree of course. Manning would have to tank entirely to draw that much criticism for Elway which i dont see happening in the slightest.

Northman
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Um. No.

If you want to slide on that slope, no QB is better than any other in 'the grand scheme of things'.

Tebow is no better than Hanie dude and vice versa. lol Cant believe you are even going there.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Tebow is no better than Hanie dude and vice versa. lol Cant believe you are even going there.

It's easy to go there. Tebow has performed better. It's simple.

Hanie is an INT machine and can't run. The only thing Hanie has over Tebow is a very small (insignificant) completion %. But I keep forgetting that completion % is more important than wins around here.

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I disagree of course. Manning would have to tank entirely to draw that much criticism for Elway which i dont see happening in the slightest.

But if this team with a horrible RB for a QB, a gimmicky offense, backing in, in a weak division, can fluke their way to the PO's, why shouldn't Manning be able to do as much if not more? :confused: Especially considering he actually has the full support of the coaching staff and FO support that is out to get him weapons when they were removing them for Tebow?

I just don't see it. Expectations are a mile high. If they don't approach the AFCCG at a minimum the debate and criticism will fly!

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
When Cutler was here, there was a large contingent who used W/L record against him to favor Orton because all he did is win. Now that Tebow has more wins people want to point to anything but.

The reality is Tebow is WAY better than Hanie. He didn't wilt like a leaf in the face of pressure nor melt under the spotlight of the playoffs. My guess is, Denver is Hanie's last team in the NFL before he is bummin around CSU next year.

Northman
03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
But if this team with a horrible RB for a QB, a gimmicky offense, backing in, in a weak division, can fluke their way to the PO's, why shouldn't Manning be able to do as much if not more? :confused: Especially considering he actually has the full support of the coaching staff and FO support that is out to get him weapons when they were removing them for Tebow?

I just don't see it. Expectations are a mile high. If they don't approach the AFCCG at a minimum the debate and criticism will fly!

The idea is they SHOULD do better but if injuries take place, etc than you cant simply say "well they failed". Its not black and white dude even though i know some on here like to look at it like that.

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:00 PM
When Cutler was here, there was a large contingent who used W/L record against him to favor Orton because all he did is win. Now that Tebow has more wins people want to point to anything but.

The reality is Tebow is WAY better than Hanie. He didn't wilt like a leaf in the face of pressure nor melt under the spotlight of the playoffs. My guess is, Denver is Hanie's last team in the NFL before he is bummin around CSU next year.

LMAO

He's so much better that he is traded to be a backup. Yep. SO MUCH better. hahahahahaa

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 01:00 PM
did you guys see COPS on tv todya? pretty cool.

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
did you guys see COPS on tv todya? pretty cool.

Busy watching Shark Week dude. They get some serious air.

Canmore
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Shark week. What channel and the title please.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:04 PM
LMAO

He's so much better that he is traded to be a backup. Yep. SO MUCH better. hahahahahaa

That's it? That's your argument? That he's going in as a backup to an incumbent, so therefore he can't be better than Hanie?

If that's you argument, Elway was complete moron for ever playing him over a starter and over Quinn.

NightTerror218
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM

LMAO

He is better but he had trade value. Haine is just a local boy coming home. He is horrible. I am hoping we draft a QB this year or try to get Jones/Barkley next year.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM

yeah where is it need some shark air

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
That's it? That's your argument? That he's going in as a backup to an incumbent, so therefore he can't be better than Hanie?

If that's you argument, Elway was complete moron for ever playing him over a starter and over Quinn.

Elway was a moron for letting him tryout and see what he can do? What planet do you live on?

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Shark week. What channel and the title please.

I was joking. Step Brothers moment.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 01:11 PM
nice troll :(

Dzone
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Hanlie played well when Cutler faked a knee injury to get out of the NFCCG, but thats about it.He otherwise stunk up the joint

ursamajor
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM

Trust me, he is not. I would take a ham sandwich over Hanie. He did not almost lead the Bears to anything. The Bears for all intents and purposes had locked up the number 1 wildcard spot, add Cutler was lighting up team after team. Hanie handedly cooled that ball club off.

Tebow is better, as he is more clutch, and makes better decisions. Her has a better grasp of the game, and its situations.

Hanie is a steep downgrade from Tebow.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Elway was a moron for letting him tryout and see what he can do? What planet do you live on?

And what did he do? Win a bunch of games and a playoff game. They did the same thing in Chicago and what did Hanie do? Ruin a pretty set up chance to make the playoffs without winning a single game and throwing 3 times the picks as TDs.

It's not even close. Tebow is way better than Hanie. This argument just reeks of 'lets find another way to bash Tebow'.

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
And what did he do? Win a bunch of games and a playoff game. They did the same thing in Chicago and what did Hanie do? Ruin a pretty set up chance to make the playoffs without winning a single game and throwing 3 times the picks as TDs.

It's not even close. Tebow is way better than Hanie. This argument just reeks of 'lets find another way to bash Tebow'.

No it doesnt. It reeks of those who can read the fine lines. Again, its not about placing Hanie better than Tebow. They are one in the same to me. Chicago's Oline and WR is way worse than ours. If not for Barber, Hanie and Da Bears beat your beloved Tebow. Both QB's are extremely average while one got more help than the other.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:43 PM
No it doesnt. It reeks of those who can read the fine lines. Again, its not about placing Hanie better than Tebow. They are one in the same to me. Chicago's Oline and WR is way worse than ours. If not for Barber, Hanie and Da Bears beat your beloved Tebow. Both QB's are extremely average while one got more help than the other.

I don't understand the argument. Tebow outperformed Hanie in that game too. Not to mention a bunch of other games.

You can call them the same if you want, but that's hardly 'reading fine lines'.

I find it funny that the main reason given for our offense being so anemic is Tebow, but the reason why Chicago's offense was so anemic was that everyone but Hanie sucked.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 01:43 PM
we should kill ourselves

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:45 PM
we should kill ourselves

Your not dead yet? *****.

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't understand the argument. Tebow outperformed Hanie in that game too. Not to mention a bunch of other games.

You can call them the same if you want, but that's hardly 'reading fine lines'.

I find it funny that the main reason given for our offense being so anemic is Tebow, but the reason why Chicago's offense was so anemic was that everyone but Hanie sucked.

Who said Hanie didnt suck? Again, reading comprehension man. Ive stated numerous times both QB's suck ballz. What part of that do you not find clear?

wayninja
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Who said Hanie didnt suck? Again, reading comprehension man. Ive stated numerous times both QB's suck ballz. What part of that do you not find clear?

I guess it's the part where one of them won a bunch of games while the other has done nothing but lose.

But don't bother replying, I already know where this is going. It wasn't Tebow.

Northman
03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I guess it's the part where one of them won a bunch of games while the other has done nothing but lose.

But don't bother replying, I already know where this is going. It wasn't Tebow.

Difference of opinion. Simple as that.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
we should all have sex with him

wayninja
03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
we should all have sex with him

Isn't that hard to do with your brains sliding down the wall behind you?

BroncoStud
03-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Oh wait . . .

Or Kyle Orton... The guy that got benched and fired so Tebow help win some games.... Hanie sucks - BAD. No redeeming quality. Tebow could run, Orton could short pass, Hanie just sucks.

BroncoStud
03-25-2012, 02:12 PM

That's just nonsense. Tebow led his team to the playoffs, WON a playoff game throwing for 316 yards and some TDs. Caleb Hanie got his GM fired, kept his team OUT of the playoffs, and does NOTHING well - at all. Your bias towards Tim Tebow has gotten the best of you. Unless Hanie somehow turns it around Tebow is by FAR the better player.

Timmy!
03-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Lol @ 9 page Caleb effing Hanie thread. Jeebus.

Northman
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
That's just nonsense. Tebow led his team to the playoffs, WON a playoff game throwing for 316 yards and some TDs. Caleb Hanie got his GM fired, kept his team OUT of the playoffs, and does NOTHING well - at all. Your bias towards Tim Tebow has gotten the best of you. Unless Hanie somehow turns it around Tebow is by FAR the better player.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. It doesnt make him a great QB. lmao

wayninja
03-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. It doesnt make him a great QB. lmao

Only Northman decides who is a good QB, and he has ruled in this case.

Northman
03-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Only Northman decides who is a good QB, and he has ruled in this case.

See, super sneaky ninja gets it now.

camdisco24
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Lol @ 9 page Caleb effing Hanie thread. Jeebus.

People just love my threads.

broncobryce
03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Ahhh ha ha ha

broncobryce
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Exactly. One made his VP and head coach look like geniuses, the other got his GM fired. Anyone who calls them equal is just hating. So it goes.

Magnificent Seven
03-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Personally, I think Caleb Hanie will be Broncos' third string quarterback. Therefore, they might draft a solid quarterback and that man might be # 2 quarterback. I do not think that Hanie deserves to be # 2 QB.

claymore
03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
The fact that its debatable makes it a moot point.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 03:21 PM
espn just reported caleb hanie is going to be the next tim tebow in denver. food for thought. also im going to wash my balls and rinse those bad boys with a little something i like to cal.l... "hanie juice"

topscribe
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow we are bashing hainie for looking bad behind the worst line in the game?
lol Not really, in my case. I just saw an opening for a little humor . . . :D

topscribe
03-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Exactly. One made his VP and head coach look like geniuses, the other got his GM fired. Anyone who calls them equal is just hating. So it goes.
It was only a matter of time before someone drew the "haters" card . . .

Jsteve01
03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Lmao at the assertion that hainie got Angelo fired. Horrid moves got Angelo fired. I'm not trying to say that hainie is a starter by any means but I damn sure wont write him off after 4 games behind that terrible line and no forte. He would have beaten tebow but for the boneheaded play of barber. If we are going to compare hainie and t3bow head to head then at least look at the facts

wayninja
03-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, let's back off on poor Hanie. It's Tebow that we can safely write-off.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 06:30 PM

oooh, I like this. Gonna have to save that one.

Nomad
03-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Hanie and Dixon will be duking it out for #2?

Dzone
03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
We have had great luck with CSU quarterbacks. You can feel the buzz all over the mile high city. Hanie jerseys are flying off the racks

Dzone
03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Hanie and Dixon will be duking it out for #2?
Did we sign Dixon? Gawd I hope so!

Nomad
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Did we sign Dixon? Gawd I hope so!

I saw something about BRONCOS and Dixon.....perhaps BRONCOS are just bringing him in for a look.

Northman
03-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Lmao at the assertion that hainie got Angelo fired. Horrid moves got Angelo fired. I'm not trying to say that hainie is a starter by any means but I damn sure wont write him off after 4 games behind that terrible line and no forte. He would have beaten tebow but for the boneheaded play of barber. If we are going to compare hainie and t3bow head to head then at least look at the facts

Surely you jest. I mean afterall Hanie should of won the SB after 4 games......

wayninja
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Surely you jest. I mean afterall Hanie should of won the SB after 4 games......

That's too high of an expectation. So is winning at all.

Dzone
03-25-2012, 06:47 PM
How much can Hanie bench? He cant out benchpress Tebow, therefore, Tebow is the better QB.
Tebow owns Hanie on the vertical jump as well. There is no debate Tebow>Hanie

bcbronc
03-25-2012, 06:53 PM

Just curious way, and I know you won't answer this, but do you feel the loss of Forte had any bearing on CHI not making the playoffs? Even with Cutler, Forte was accounting for--can't remember exactly--but most of CHI's offense. As for the picks, making a mistake doesn't automatically make you the worse QB. I mean how many 3 and outs equals 1 turnover? And TT was turning it over twice per game down the stretch anyway.

I'd also like to add that McCoy custom built the offense for Tebow; Martz on the other hand is a terrible OC that has no ability to adapt his offense to his players strengths/weaknesses. Tebow was in a much better situation than Hanie. I don't think anyone would argue Tebow is the better "football player" but it's pretty neck and neck in the turtle derby of "NFL QB".

Medford Bronco
03-25-2012, 06:58 PM
God I hope Hanie does not even see the field, so this will not matter. Also the Bears offense was putrid with the injuries to Fotre and Lovie Smith being stuck in conservative mode the whole time.

He cant be any worse than Brady Quinn who never saw the field in Denver. I say they are equal. Very average at best.

I hope we draft a QB in say round 3ish for the future.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Just curious way, and I know you won't answer this, but do you feel the loss of Forte had any bearing on CHI not making the playoffs? Even with Cutler, Forte was accounting for--can't remember exactly--but most of CHI's offense. As for the picks, making a mistake doesn't automatically make you the worse QB. I mean how many 3 and outs equals 1 turnover? And TT was turning it over twice per game down the stretch anyway.

I'm sure the loss of Forte had to do with it. I'm not sure how that factors into how well Hanie played though. We had similar excuses... not a lack of a running game but the 'completely retooled option offense'. Tebow still didn't make nearly as many mistakes as Hanie and still ended up doing much better. You can debate all you want about this team had this and this team didn't have that, but the arguments go both ways. Some folks only want to argue pure stats devoid of any context, and some only want to do this when it helps their argument.

I'd also like to add that McCoy custom built the offense for Tebow; Martz on the other hand is a terrible OC that has no ability to adapt his offense to his players strengths/weaknesses. Tebow was in a much better situation than Hanie. I don't think anyone would argue Tebow is the better "football player" but it's pretty neck and neck in the turtle derby of "NFL QB".

I totally disagree. Tebow played better on every level and I don't believe McCoy did Tebow any favors with this custom offense. That's simply my opinion though.

Tebow was on one of the worst teams in the league from the previous season and inherited a sinking ship. I think you might be giving a bit too much credit to how much better the situation was for Tebow.

bcbronc
03-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm sure the loss of Forte had to do with it. I'm not sure how that factors into how well Hanie played though. We had similar excuses... not a lack of a running game but the 'completely retooled option offense'. Tebow still didn't make nearly as many mistakes as Hanie and still ended up doing much better. You can debate all you want about this team had this and this team didn't have that, but the arguments go both ways. Some folks only want to argue pure stats devoid of any context, and some only want to do this when it helps their argument.

You don't know how losing the best player on an offense, especially one as devoid of talent as the Bears, would effect a young QB's performance? Really?

I totally disagree. Tebow played better on every level and I don't believe McCoy did Tebow any favors with this custom offense. That's simply my opinion though.

Tebow was on one of the worst teams in the league from the previous season and inherited a sinking ship. I think you might be giving a bit too much credit to how much better the situation was for Tebow.

So in your opinion, Tebow not only overcame crappy teammates but also the inconvenience of his OC customizing the offense to his strengths to drag the carcass of this franchise into the playoffs, and often on the strength of just 1 or 2 good drives per game. I know you are giving too much credit too Tebow.

wayninja
03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
You don't know how losing the best player on an offense, especially one as devoid of talent as the Bears, would effect a young QB's performance? Really?

Don't know, don't care. It's a moot point. Denver was not super talented on offense either. They had just traded away their top receiver. It's really not all that dissimilar between the two teams. Having Forte out was not forcing Hanie to throw it to the opposing team.

Again, seems like excuses for poor play are valid for everyone but Tebow when talking to some in this group.

So in your opinion, Tebow not only overcame crappy teammates but also the inconvenience of his OC customizing the offense to his strengths to drag the carcass of this franchise into the playoffs, and often on the strength of just 1 or 2 good drives per game. I know you are giving too much credit too Tebow.

I didn't say that. We barely got by. Tebow played awfully at times and well at others. Ultimately, he performed when the game was on the line more often than not and Hanie didn't. That puts them miles apart IMHO.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
hanie is death

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
love this kid. he can flat play

jhildebrand
03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
LMAO

Silly argument, North! :lol:

Using the same line of logic/argument, Hanie required how many picks? :confused:

Oh that's right! NONE. The Bears loved him so much they let him walk. The market said Tebow was worth 2 picks and 2.5 million whereas Hanie was sent packing for nothing.

vandammage13
03-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I agree with most other poster's sentiment that we are screwed if Manning goes down.

I hope we make good use out of those 4th and 6th rounders and the $2.5 mil......Because if and when Manning goes down, we're gonna wish we would have kept Tebow as the backup to at least keep the team competitive.

If Manning goes down I'll try to come up with something that rhymes better than "Suck for Barkley."

Northman
03-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Silly argument, North! :lol:

Using the same line of logic/argument, Hanie required how many picks? :confused:

Oh that's right! NONE. The Bears loved him so much they let him walk. The market said Tebow was worth 2 picks and 2.5 million whereas Hanie was sent packing for nothing.

Picks? Who is comparing picks? The point is you bozo's are claiming Tebow to be this great QB who is now a backup in NY. Hanie was always a backup and never a first round pick. Tebow gets a team to .500, wins a playoff game and yet is still a backup like a guy who went undrafted? Lmao Ouch, bet your pride is hurt now eh? :lol:

Slick
03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Noone has said Tebow is some great QB North, not even tebow's personal defense attorney on these forums, Wayninja.

Some posters think the Broncos would have been better off keeping Tim as an insurance policy against Peyton's neck than signing Caleb Hanie. I agree with them.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Stay healthy Peyton!!!

SOCALORADO.
03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I am still just so glad DEN got rid of Tebow.
And got draft picks for him that are currently looking like they will be used to more than likely aquire RB JStewart.

Dzone
03-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Haleb Canie won't beat out Weber.

slim
03-26-2012, 10:29 AM

But it's not debatable....that IS the point.

Northman
03-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Noone has said Tebow is some great QB North, not even tebow's personal defense attorney on these forums, Wayninja.

Some posters think the Broncos would have been better off keeping Tim as an insurance policy against Peyton's neck than signing Caleb Hanie. I agree with them.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Stay healthy Peyton!!!

For starters, you clearly havent been paying to those yahoo's because they have indeed been saying he is a great QB. They keep tooting his horn all night and day.

However, as to the rest of your post. Tim didnt want to be a Bronco Slick, he wanted to be traded. As to Hanie, you need a backup anyway it doesnt matter who you sign as no one is really that much better than rest. A backup is a backup. The type of offense that Manning will run is one that Tebow himself cannot run. It would of made zero sense to keep him anyway. The FO know what kind of QB they want to have in Denver, Tebow doesnt fit that bill so why keep a player you have no faith in can do what you want him to do?

wayninja
03-26-2012, 10:56 AM
For starters, you clearly havent been paying to those yahoo's because they have indeed been saying he is a great QB. They keep tooting his horn all night and day.

However, as to the rest of your post. Tim didnt want to be a Bronco Slick, he wanted to be traded. As to Hanie, you need a backup anyway it doesnt matter who you sign as no one is really that much better than rest. A backup is a backup. The type of offense that Manning will run is one that Tebow himself cannot run. It would of made zero sense to keep him anyway. The FO know what kind of QB they want to have in Denver, Tebow doesnt fit that bill so why keep a player you have no faith in can do what you want him to do?

Sure, North. It's all 'yahoos' comparing Tebow to Hanie to show what a great QB he is. :rolleyes:

Jsteve01
03-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't think there is any doubt that Tebow brings a lot to the table. I like him and am on record that I would have loved to keep him to learn from Peyton. The problem was and continues to be that the vocal minority in Tebow's rabid fan base would have made it an exercise in misery to retain him. All that said my point is and has always been that you guys are being completely unfair in your assessment of Hanie. He put up bad numbers last year. I get that but again he didn't play in a vacuum. He played behind unarguably the worst line in the league, with the worst receiving corps and without Forte as a safety valve, not only in the run game but also as a receiver out of the backfield. All that after getting zero reps in practice. If our staff feels he was worth a look then I'll trust them (one of whom happens to be a HOF quarterback who's dad was a coach and a scout). Im not sure how this deteriorated into a Tebow vs Hanie thread and I also find if laughable when people feel comfortable making broad negative statements about Hanie. Just as I felt it was silly to make sweeping statements about Tebow's future.

slim
03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't think there is any doubt that Tebow brings a lot to the table. I like him and am on record that I would have loved to keep him to learn from Peyton. The problem was and continues to be that the vocal minority in Tebow's rabid fan base would have made it an exercise in misery to retain him. All that said my point is and has always been that you guys are being completely unfair in your assessment of Hanie. He put up bad numbers last year. I get that but again he didn't play in a vacuum. He played behind unarguably the worst line in the league, with the worst receiving corps and without Forte as a safety valve, not only in the run game but also as a receiver out of the backfield. All that after getting zero reps in practice. If our staff feels he was worth a look then I'll trust them (one of whom happens to be a HOF quarterback who's dad was a coach and a scout). Im not sure how this deteriorated into a Tebow vs Hanie thread and I also find if laughable when people feel comfortable making broad negative statements about Hanie. Just as I felt it was silly to make sweeping statements about Tebow's future.

You are right, Steve. It's not fair when MO, Clay and the rest of the haters do it to Tebow and it's not fair for the rest of us to do it to Hanie.

So, I take back what I said and will give the FO the benefit of the doubt.

jhildebrand
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
The funny thing is the posters who disliked Tebow the most and said they would be happy the minute he is gone are the ones talking the most about him. :lol:

Nobody said he is this great QB. However, North and many of the most vocal Tebow detractors have gone on for YEARS NOW how about how great Cutler is/was. I thought they had his bust ready for the HOF. The funny thing is Tebow did more here with less than even the great Cutler. That isn't necessarily the point as much as the hypocrisy of them crying about that for years is somehow ok but those who are upset with the Tebow move can't.

This team paid a lot to get Tebow. The salary was very cap friendly at this point. They didn't have to send him on his way even if he did ask to be traded. The best GM's/FO's get everything out of their talent even when that talent wants out.

vandammage13
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM

Where did you hear this??

Do you have any sources or is this just an opinion you pulled out of your ass?

I haven't heard it reported anywhere that Tebow wanted out....I wouldn't blame him if he did, but this is news to me.

NightTrainLayne
03-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Where did you hear this??

Do you have any sources or is this just an opinion you pulled out of your ass?

I haven't heard it reported anywhere that Tebow wanted out....I wouldn't blame him if he did, but this is news to me.

I don't have time to track down links, but it definitely has been reported that "Tebow's camp" were not happy with the idea of sitting on the bench behind Manning.

Certainly, there were no direct quotes, but there were reports of unhappiness.

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't have time to track down links, but it definitely has been reported that "Tebow's camp" were not happy with the idea of sitting on the bench behind Manning.

Certainly, there were no direct quotes, but there were reports of unhappiness.

Brandon Spano via Robbie Tebow. Direct phone conversation, according to Spano.

slim
03-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Brandon Spano via Robbie Tebow. Direct phone conversation, according to Spano.

I can't think of anything more credible than that.

SOCALORADO.
03-26-2012, 04:26 PM
I can't think of anything more credible than that.

Who cares? Tebow is gone forever. No use cryin over spilt milk.

slim
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Who cares? Tebow is gone forever. No use cryin over spilt milk.

FYI....I will be trolling MO for another 361 days :listen:

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
FYI....I will be trolling MO for another 361 days :listen:

Bring it.

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Nobody said he is this great QB. However, North and many of the most vocal Tebow detractors have gone on for YEARS NOW how about how great Cutler is/was. I thought they had his bust ready for the HOF.

Prove it. Ill wait.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Doesn't matter....Plan B? There is no Plan B.

weazel
03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
damn, now they have resorted to the "tebow is a better backup" arguments?? good gawd.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Here is the return argument to that Weaz....

Tebow and his circus have taken their talents to NY.

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
damn, now they have resorted to the "tebow is a better backup" arguments?? good gawd.

It was only a matter of time.

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Here is the return argument to that Weaz....

Tebow and his circus have taken their talents to NY.

Thank the LORD. There is a GOD.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Thank the LORD. There is a GOD.

And he's killing kittens right now. Tim Tebow lied. :shocked:

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:51 PM
And he's killing kittens right now. Tim Tebow lied. :shocked:

You mean he's not perfect? Say it aint so Joe! I mean Gem... :)

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
You mean he's not perfect? Say it aint so Joe! I mean Gem... :)

Unfortunately he lied, right after he walked across NY's yellow tinted river.

Timmy boy....that smell...that smell....is the rot gut that is NYC. Enjoy the pissed lined streets young man!