PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Porter says there was no "bounty" on any player.

DenBronx
03-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2012, 4:59 PM EDT

Some members of the 2009 Saints who parlayed a bounty system into a Super Bowl win continue to deny that a bounty system existed.

The latest? New Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter, who clinched the Saints’ victory in Super Bowl XLIV by intercepting a pass from new teammate Peyton Manning and returning it for a touchdown.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/tracy-porter-says-there-was-no-bounty-on-any-player/

DenBronx
03-24-2012, 05:01 PM
The league found them guilty and has cracked down hard on them. Coaches and owners are confessing guilt. At least the dude could do is be honest at this point.

BroncoWave
03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah, he really needs to shut the f up. Doesn't sound like the smartest tool in the shed.

yuhateme80
03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
He needs to deny it act like he didn't know cause if he admits it he risking being suspended

yuhateme80
03-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Laugh how people call other people stupid maybe u should look in the mirror porter making millions ur not who is not the bright one

BroncoWave
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Laugh how people call other people stupid maybe u should look in the mirror porter making millions ur not who is not the bright one

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, his brains are why he is making millions. And your (not ur) post makes it clear that intelligence isn't quite your top attribute. Are you Tracy Porter?

DenBronx
03-24-2012, 05:19 PM
He needs to deny it act like he didn't know cause if he admits it he risking being suspended

Eh, the league is going to find out or already knows anyway. Truth is, there could have been Saints who didnt know...doubt it but very possible. Either way he needs to keep his trap shut.

MOtorboat
03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
It's likely Denver will be out of his services for a few games sometime this year.

weazel
03-24-2012, 06:19 PM
I dont think they will all get suspensions, only those they can prove intended to injure someone or who offered rewards for hits like it has been suggested Vilma did.

wayninja
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh, he denied it? That's a relief, guess we can all go on our way now knowing full well the case is closed.

Dean
03-25-2012, 08:44 AM

:confused:Really?? This post is used to debate the lack of intelligence of another. . . unbelievable!:rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
03-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Now that he's under contract with us, the FO needs to put a gag order on him and any other Saints players we might acquire. No talking to the press about it at all. A simple, "the league has made a decision and I have no further comment" is sufficient. No, he shouldn't admit guilt, but he doesn't have to argue innocence, either.

MOtorboat
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Now that he's under contract with us, the FO needs to put a gag order on him and any other Saints players we might acquire. No talking to the press about it at all. A simple, "the league has made a decision and I have no further comment" is sufficient. No, he shouldn't admit guilt, but he doesn't have to argue innocence, either.

Yes.

Dear Tracy Porter,

The proper response to the question you were asked is, "I'm not going to comment on that right now. I'm happy to be a Denver Bronco."

Then, when the reporter follows up with, "But were you aware of what was going on under Williams?"

The proper response is, "I am not going to comment on that right now."

Sincerely,
MO

SR
03-26-2012, 08:05 PM
When people say shit like that and play the "ignorance is bliss" card they usually end up being the people that were most involved in the acts they're claiming didn't happen.

SR
03-26-2012, 08:07 PM

You're obviously about as smart as Porter. In case you're unaware, his athletic ability is what is making millions, not his brain.

SR
03-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I dont think they will all get suspensions, only those they can prove intended to injure someone or who offered rewards for hits like it has been suggested Vilma did.

By and large, most CBs in the NFL nowadays are giant pussies, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Porter wasn't involved and didn't ever make a hit on anyone that was big enough to be considered a "bounty" hit. But at the same time, he did play for the Saints and anything is possible.

NightTrainLayne
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
It's pretty damn obvious from Goodell's comments today that there were many Saints players involved. The fact that Porter says it didn't happen at all scares me. I predict he is one of the players who gets suspended when it's all said and done.

CrazyHorse
03-27-2012, 04:37 AM
I think he's full of shit.

tomjonesrocks
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Countown to Porter's suspension begins. Should have kept his mouth shut.

Disgusting:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7778005/gregg-williams-told-new-orleans-saints-hurt-san-francisco-49ers-speech

Ravage!!!
04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
They can't suspend him for what they (the NFL) THINK is a lie. Deny Deny Deny is the advice of ANY lawyer. They can ONLY suspend Porter if they have proof that he actually did partake in any bounty program or benefited from the bounties. Denying that anything occurred, or that he knew about it (lie or not) will not have a factor in suspending or not suspending him.

CoachChaz
04-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Based on the info out there, I think the only 2 suspensions we'll see will be Vilma and Fujita. I think the Saints know Vilma is screwed too as evidenced by signing 2 MLB's this off-season

Simple Jaded
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Was a bounty actually mentioned in this new video? They've aired parts talking about injuring players but i haven't heard any mention of bounty.......

tomjonesrocks
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Was a bounty actually mentioned in this new video? They've aired parts talking about injuring players but i haven't heard any mention of bounty.......

Yes. Williams said "I got the first one" or whatever while symbolizing cash with his hand.