PDA

View Full Version : Everything Changed

Superchop 7
03-24-2012, 10:48 AM
First....our need for a strong oline changed because Manning reads and reacts so much faster than Tebow. Second....our ability to score points will put other teams in catch up mode.....meaning......our secondary will need to be alot better, not a good place for rookies. Third...given the current circumstances.....draft front 7 and keep the pressure on the opposing QB.

Northman
03-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Agreed. Will still need some more RB help but defense should still be a priority.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 10:55 AM
If the BRONCOS could ever find an interior pass rush, it would benefit the secondary tremendously. BRONCOS already have VonDoom imagine what pressure up the middle would do.

Cugel
03-24-2012, 11:02 AM
First....our need for a strong oline changed because Manning reads and reacts so much faster than Tebow. Second....our ability to score points will put other teams in catch up mode.....meaning......our secondary will need to be alot better, not a good place for rookies. Third...given the current circumstances.....draft front 7 and keep the pressure on the opposing QB.

That's just completely wrong! The need for a good pass-blocking OL is GREATER, not less. True, Manning does get rid of the ball, but did you see the Patriots game?

Tebow was seriously hurt on a play where he had NO CHANCE AT ALL of getting rid of the ball. It was a total jail break in which the Patriots simply shredded the OL and swarmed Tebow and crushed him. He didn't hold the ball too long, he simply tried to avoid a turn-over.

If that happens with Manning his career in Denver could be a short one! They need desperately to get much better pass-blocking out of the OL than that!

Obviously Manning will help by delivering the ball quickly and on target. But the Broncos need to minimize the number of hits he takes -- and the only way to do that is get somebody better at C than Walton! They need a starting replacement for Beadles as well.

It's looking like Kuper is going to be healthy which is a big plus, and Clady will have to rebound from his flat BAD year last year. But they need an infusion of talent even worse than the DL (if that's possible)!

Cugel
03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
If the BRONCOS could ever find an interior pass rush, it would benefit the secondary tremendously. BRONCOS already have VonDoom imagine what pressure up the middle would do.

I've been beating this dead horse since 2005 when they let Bert Berry and Reggie Hayword go in FA! Every year their DL sucks among the worst in the NFL.

Every draft I cross my fingers and say "surely THIS year they can't continue to ignore the giant gaping wound in the middle of their DL!"

And every year they totally ignore DT! I don't expect it to change this season. :coffee:

Despite the incomprehensibility of the thing, despite losing their ONLY good DT in Bunkley (and maybe even Marcus Thomas who is considering other offers), despite relying desperately on a guy (Ty Warren) who hasn't even played in 3 years, I don't think they are going to strengthen the DTs this year either.

They will hope Warren can make a comeback, try to re-sign the visibly mediocre Thomas, and maybe start Vickerson. (Gag!) And teams will run right up the middle on them like an expressway. That's going to be the way teams try to beat Manning. Keep running the ball and take time off the clock and keep him off the field. :tsk:

WARHORSE
03-24-2012, 11:18 AM
The hurry up offense is going to be awesome.

But lets remember that theres an entire team that needs to learn how to get on the same page with Manning. Its going to take some time. He has to teach the WRs, Oline, TEs and RBs what he sees when hes walking up to the line of scrimmage.

Its going to take some time.

Im FIRED about Joel Dreesen. I think hes going to kill it with Manning throwing to him.

Ravage!!!
03-24-2012, 11:23 AM

I think the OL will show MUCH improvement with a better QB behind center. But with the ability to score more, it also means the ability to keep the ball longer. It also means putting the opposing team in a position of needing to catch up, thus allowing our pass rushers to go with their ears pinned back more. Putting pressure on the QB is what helps out DBs, and we can do that pretty well. When you KNOW the other team is in a "catch up" mode, that helps out the DBs as well.

There is no doubt that the trenches are always a need for any team, so I'm right on board with needing the DTs. But I personally like having a strong offense that helps the defense. Its much easier to build than a shut-down defense, and when you have a QB like Manning behind center, its the route to go. Let the offense dictate to the other team what they have to do. Put pressure on THEIR offense and make them one-dimensional. That plays right into the strength of our defense, Doom and Von Miller.

broncobryce
03-24-2012, 11:27 AM
It's going to be interesting watching Orlando Franklin. Pass blocking is not his strength. At least Manning will see it coming since he's right handed. I hope Manning is practicing his sprints.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
It's going to be interesting watching Orlando Franklin. Pass blocking is not his strength. At least Manning will see it coming since he's right handed. I hope Manning is practicing his sprints.

That's the question mark......is Manning still the same?? Time for the BRONCOS to build a strong defense as insurance.