PDA

View Full Version : Moreno and Manning

Softskull
03-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I've never been a huge fan of Knowshon, but I think that he fits with Peyton at QB. Moreno is a good pass blocker and has good hands. Peyton usually has about 50-70 receptions a year to RBs that someone will be catching. Teams will be reluctant to blitz and DB will be a step or two further back, both things that would allow Moreno to excel. I think if Moreno can stay healthy, he has a very strong year.

Northman
03-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes, as a third down back Moreno would excell with Manning.

TheReverend
03-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Moreno being a "good pass blocker":

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/KnowBlock.png

(^ That's Knowshon late to pick up the blitzer and getting de-cleted in Tim's face, btw)

I call that play the "KnowBlock"

broncobryce
03-24-2012, 09:53 AM
He is very good in the passing game. After thinking he was done here, I don't think so now. He is the perfect RB for what Peyton does.

I don't think Mcgahee gets a thousand yards this year though.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I forgot why Moreno was sidelined.

Man.....only if this kid could play like his college days. Perhaps Manning can get the best out of him.

Ravage!!!
03-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Moreno being a "good pass blocker":

(^ That's Knowshon late to pick up the blitzer and getting de-cleted in Tim's face, btw)

I call that play the "KnowBlock"

You could pull up a picture like that with even the very best in the business getting beat. It happens.

I'm not a big fan of Moreno, he hasn't shown much. Hopefully this will allow him to excel as a 3rd down back. Thats pretty much where his role has been minimized to by this time.

BroncoStud
03-24-2012, 10:13 AM
When Moreno isn't playing average football he is on the sideline injured.

Horrible draft pick, slow RB, and hopefully we can get SOMETHING productive out of him this year. Anything really.

TheReverend
03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
You could pull up a picture like that with even the very best in the business getting beat. It happens.

I'm not a big fan of Moreno, he hasn't shown much. Hopefully this will allow him to excel as a 3rd down back. Thats pretty much where his role has been minimized to by this time.

It happened consistently enough that before his injury he was being benched on 3rd downs in favor of Lance Ball because his Moreno's pass pro is... lacking.

Great receiver out of the backfield--esp on screens--though.

Buff
03-24-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't think Moreno fits well in any NFL offense. I hope he's not on the team next season.

MileHighCrew
03-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I am not a slow-shon fan either, but I think if he is ever going to hae a good year this will be it

TheReverend
03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Meh, I hated the selection and haven't been surprised by his performance (lack thereof really), but I'll admit I am glad he's on the roster right now.

He still has a lot of talent that has a chance of just... clicking. If it does, awesome for us. If not, we've still got McGahee and hopefully can couple that with a slippery ******* like Rainey in the fourth to get our own Darren Sproles :)

Dapper Dan
03-24-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92owAaBGf_A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FanInAZ
03-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Normally, I'm one of the last to throw in the towel on I guy, but it appears that a number of you still want to give "Mr. China Doll" another chance to go an entire season without getting injured. I gave up on that notion last season & am still waiting for the FO to dump Moreno.

Canmore
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I forgot why Moreno was sidelined.

Man.....only if this kid could play like his college days. Perhaps Manning can get the best out of him.

Torn ACL.

jhildebrand
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Let's not make stuff up about Moreno. He is not a good blocker in any sense of the word.

He is exceptional with the screen pass and especially if it is timed right. Orton couldn't put the ball in the right spot and Moreno disappeared when Tebow was starting.

Manning will get him the ball in just the right spot. Moreno probably has 3-4 games to show something or it will be the same ol pine left for him.

BroncoStud
03-24-2012, 01:28 PM
It's amazing that he was drafted so high by McDumbass when he looked so slow at the combines. Not even his 40 time is indicative of just how slow he is. He is faster than he is quick, and his fast doesn't matter because his quick prevents him from getting to the 2nd level, combine that with the fact he has no power and can't stay healthy... Seriously, other than pretty good hands what does he bring to the table?

jhildebrand
03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Seriously, other than pretty good hands what does he bring to the table?

Terrible vision. The kid cuts left when he should cut right. Can't see the field for shit.

Medford Bronco
03-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Can he fill in the Joseph Addai role before Addai was hurt?

Canmore
03-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Can he fill in the Joseph Addai role before Addai was hurt?

I sincerely doubt it.

tomjonesrocks
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM

Horrible draft pick, slow RB, and hopefully we can get SOMETHING productive out of him this year. Anything really.

Seriously. Moreno is SO slow. And that was before injuries.

Decent hands but can't do shit with the ball. Is not the least bit elusive in space and has never been the stud blocker advertised out of college. And he's constantly hurt.

I could go on but that's enough to wind up on the cut list IMO.

Dzone
03-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I loved it when we picked him. Hate the pick now.
Then to rub salt in our wounds, he gets a DUI in a Bentley with something like "Wasted" on his licence plate.

Dapper Dan
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm too drunk

Dapper Dan
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
To taste this chicken.

Dapper Dan
03-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Ugh. My wife needs to take my phone away when she's my DD.

Dzone
03-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Man, at this point getting Moreno healthy would be a huge bonus, Its doubtful because the man is made of crystal.

Dzone
03-31-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm too drunk
Is your name Moreno? LOL

Dzone
03-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Ugh. My wife needs to take my phone away when she's my DD.
hey man , thats good you got a dd

Dapper Dan
03-31-2012, 02:05 AM
hey man , thats good you got a dd

That's one of the best things about having a wife. Especially when she never drinks. Always my DD.

Ironic that I did that in a Moreno thread. Still not sure what I was thinking. I didn't even have chicken that night. I think.

Simple Jaded
03-31-2012, 07:11 AM
What can Manning do for Slowshon's chronic Vaginosis?.......

Simple Jaded
03-31-2012, 07:13 AM
I loved it when we picked him. Hate the pick now.
Then to rub salt in our wounds, he gets a DUI in a Bentley with something like "Wasted" on his licence plate.

Actually l think his plates read "sauced".......

Chef Zambini
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM

Horrible draft pick, slow RB, and hopefully we can get SOMETHING productive out of him this year. Anything really.moreno is a first round bust, not worth the coin he is being paid, has NEVER earned his keep, and not amongst the top 25 backs in the NFL.
I would rather see his roster spot go to a rookie!