PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network is turning into a joke

roomemp
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Check out this clip from The NFL Network. Jamie Dukes has no business being on this show. I absolutely see his point, but just the way he goes about expressing it is ridiculous.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fcaeca&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Rex
04-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Hasnt it always been kind of a joke?

slim
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Worst programming ever...their only redeeming quality is NFL Replay.

claymore
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
They did an awesome show on conversion from 4-3 to 3-4 the other day. But bringing in players over analysts is a mistake for the most part imo.

Buff
04-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I like Jamie Dukes. Plus, the NFLN is far superior to ESPN in its coverage of the NFL.

btw- your link doesn't have any video clips of Jamie Dukes.

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 05:21 PM
I like Jamie Dukes. Plus, the NFLN is far superior to ESPN in its coverage of the NFL.

btw- your link doesn't have any video clips of Jamie Dukes.

First part, totally disagree. I think Jamie Dukes is the biggest moron ever. I want to punch the screen every time I see him talk.

Second part, yeah, that was a link to Vic Carucci, not Jamie Dukes.

Buff
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
First part, totally disagree. I think Jamie Dukes is the biggest moron ever. I want to punch the screen every time I see him talk.

Second part, yeah, that was a link to Vic Carucci, not Jamie Dukes.

He's a blow-hard, and he's kind of abrasive, but he always makes sense and he usually has a good point to make. Or I can see where he is coming from even if I don't agree with him.

I also kind of like that he seems to get under the skin of some of the older personalities they have on NFLN. He's always taking the devil's advocate position. I can see where people might not like him, but I think he's good at what he does.

jrelway
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM
i love nfl network but jamie dukes is a charlatan who contradicts himself.

underrated29
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I love NFLN too. Its one of like 4 channels i watch.

Total access, path to the draft, replay, and superbowl moments (only for broncos)

Those shows are good. real good.

I do hate though all the top 10 fueds, cornerback tandums, and follies. They could...Should get rid of those and replay a series for 1 week. Like colts games for the last 2 years one week, then broncos for 2 years, then seahawks, then etc etc.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-16-2009, 06:43 PM
There is only so much they can really do during the offseason. It's a good network, but they have to run 24/7 so yer gonna have some fluff and overblown stories. Dukes is a tool.

Superchop 7
04-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I love NFLN too. Its one of like 4 channels i watch.

Total access, path to the draft, replay, and superbowl moments (only for broncos)

Those shows are good. real good.

I do hate though all the top 10 fueds, cornerback tandums, and follies. They could...Should get rid of those and replay a series for 1 week. Like colts games for the last 2 years one week, then broncos for 2 years, then seahawks, then etc etc.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

You are backing Seymour ? The guy that went to jail for manslaughter?
He is the last person I would back in this draft.........

Earlier on Wednesday, Graham's girlfriend testified the mob outside the nightclub was "uncontrollable," with fights breaking out and people jumping on cars screaming, "Black power, black power.''

Wendy McDiarmid said soon after leaving the club with Graham, she was "knocked down and trampled" and Graham was surrounded by 30 people who began kicking and punching him.

McDiarmid, who was pregnant with Graham's baby at the time of the incident and has since given birth, said after she got up, the scene had become even more chaotic, and she could only see Graham's shoes lying outside the group of men beating him.

She cried on the witness stand as she told the jury she never saw her boyfriend alive again.

"He was just lifeless," McDiarmid said. "He was just lying there, and I was trying to get him to respond, but he couldn't."

She said she quickly threw herself on top of Graham to prevent people from harming him anymore, but the damage had already been done.

Yeah.....great guy........he and his friend start the fight.........then lie to the grand jury about it.....

scott.475
04-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I love NFLN, though I am probably going to like it a little less with Schefter gone. I think TD and Rod Woodson do a good job there, and Lincoln Kennedy was pretty good as well, they all seem to be guys who take a pretty academic approach to things. Honestly, I was not sure TD would do very well with it, but I have been pleasantly surprised by him.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULDN'T LIKE DUKES. I JUST LOVE TO WATCH PEOPLE SCREAMING AT ME FROM THE TV. I AM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHY DUKES DOES IT, PROBABLY TO GET THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE LISTENERS TO UNDERSTAND HIM BETTER, SINCE THAT ALWAYS WORKS. MUST BE THE SAME REASON KORNHOLIO SCREAMS ALL THE TIME TOO. PERSONALLY, I FIND IT QUITE RELAXING, AS I NEVER WANT TO HEAR WHAT ANYONE ELSE ON THE SET OR PANEL, OR EVEN IN MY HOUSE, HAS TO SAY ANYWAY!

If I had to make one change to NFLN, though, I would have more programming with Michelle Beisner...only because she is a former Bronco cheerleader though, no other reason...really...

OrangeHoof
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I didn't know Billy Mays was one of our forum members. Welcome, Billy.

Overtime
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Dukes, Eisen, Collinsworthless, Gumbel, and Papa should all be fired...they're about the biggest morons this side of the world.

let Adam Schefter run the show and be the lead anchor, and I guarantee the quality and ratings will improve dramatically.

underrated29
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

You are backing Seymour ? The guy that went to jail for manslaughter?
He is the last person I would back in this draft.........

Earlier on Wednesday, Graham's girlfriend testified the mob outside the nightclub was "uncontrollable," with fights breaking out and people jumping on cars screaming, "Black power, black power.''

Wendy McDiarmid said soon after leaving the club with Graham, she was "knocked down and trampled" and Graham was surrounded by 30 people who began kicking and punching him.

McDiarmid, who was pregnant with Graham's baby at the time of the incident and has since given birth, said after she got up, the scene had become even more chaotic, and she could only see Graham's shoes lying outside the group of men beating him.

She cried on the witness stand as she told the jury she never saw her boyfriend alive again.

"He was just lifeless," McDiarmid said. "He was just lying there, and I was trying to get him to respond, but he couldn't."

She said she quickly threw herself on top of Graham to prevent people from harming him anymore, but the damage had already been done.

Yeah.....great guy........he and his friend start the fight.........then lie to the grand jury about it.....

Are you serious? The guy in my sig.....???? Started a fight and kicked a man to death. Is that what you posted????

Wow- if it thats crazy i did not know that. Are you sure its the same guy, a short little runninback from....Michigan or wherever.

If thats the case then yes, forget this chump. But i didnt see his name in there. Did he just start a fight or did he kick the man to death?

This is crazy. Where did you hear this? Did it just happen?

UnderArmour
04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
If NFL Networked showed the draft bar when they went to commercials, I'd watch it over ESPN. But this error is simply something I cannot overlook. ESPN>NFL Network on draft coverage for this reason alone. Sorry.

weazel
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I hate Tommy Dukes, he really turned his back on Rocky.