PDA

View Full Version : Offense needs to improve

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
It may not be as in bad of shape as our defense but it definitely needs to improve.
I'm surprised by all the people that think we will be okay here.
Yes, we could rack up tons of yardage but we couldn't score.
We were typically left with field goals or turnovers.
With a downgrade at the Quarterback position and the inevitable suspension of our top reciever I'm worried on how we will put points on the board.
Besides this we have lacked any resemblance of a running game recently.

tubby
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Brandon Marshall will not be suspended.

Lonestar
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Everyone did think that just an upgrade at RB would fix what our weak points were.

But that is foolish to think.

Until we fix the D from the ground up. Even jaysus could not save this debacle of a team.

Now he is gonzo we have the same problems learning a new system coming up with a few more WR's and cross implementing the ZBS into Joshs O.

turftoad
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Everyone did think that just an upgrade at RB would fix what our weak points were.

But that is foolish to think.

Until we fix the D from the ground up. Even jaysus could not save this debacle of a team.

Now he is gonzo we have the same problems learning a new system coming up with a few more WR's and cross implementing the ZBS into Joshs O.

A decent running game would have definitly helped put points on the board but that was not the whole problem by any means.

Field position, play calling etc... would have all helped put more points on the board.

The rest I agree with.

G_Money
04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
We couldn't punch it in the end zone often enough, turned the ball over too much, couldn't get the ball back with our D, couldn't stop anybody, allowed TDs and yards on opposing returns...

OUR return game was decent with Royal for a while.

Other than that, all phases need work. Yes, we stepped back at QB, and RB is certainly a hole that would be nice to fill with a 10,000 yard back (for his career, doncha know). But pass rush and run stopping would be a couple things that might make the offense not HAVE to be letter-perfect all the time in order for us to win.

Some people want all defense with the draft. We have enough holes to go around a bit, I think. McDaniels will tell us where he thinks the biggest holes are. For all we know he's perfectly fine with the DL he's been given and the couple of FAs he's added to it and we go QB/RB/WR with our first three picks in anticipation of losing Marshall next year.

I might cry in my Wheaties depending on who those picks turned out to be, but after the offseason we've had I discount nothing as a possibility - everything's in play.

~G

Superchop 7
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Lets see.

We didn't have a running back.

And our red zone scoring sucked.

If only the two problems were somehow related.....

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Lets see.

When the running game was working well, the redzone scoring was much better.

I'm not sure that the stud RB isn't already on the roster (Torain, Hillis), but I wouldn't mind seeing a very good RB added to the stable, as neither has proven that they can stay healthy and take the abuse of an entire NFL season.

Their injuries may just be flukes, I'm not saying they are glass, but I'm not comfortable putting all the eggs in their baskets.

I'm not saying that a RB should be drafted at 12 or 18, but I wouldn't be surprised, or upset, if one was.

Clock control and efficiency can help the defense tremendously!

roomemp
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
I think our biggest problem was our offensive scheme in the redzone. Hopefully with a new scheme, our scoring will be up.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 05:25 PM
The offense only needed more time together to gel and mature together.

You're telling me that the offense with Jay, with another year under their belts together... and a healthy running back, that they couldn't score more in the future?

Grover
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm fairly optimistic about our offense actually.

I think we need another Tight End in the draft - blocking type.
I'd like to see another Center added, and Wide Receiver.

Brandon Marshall needs to drop less and catch more.
Torain needs to stay healthy and play well.

We have assets on offense in Buckhalter, Arrington, Hillis, Royal, Gaffney, Sheffler and Stokley. But Marshall and Torain need to stay healthy and play well in order to spread it around enough to make it really work.

I'm anxious about Ortman taking over for Cutler. With Ortman at Quarterback, I'm expecting fewer "Holy Crap!" moments but also fewer "Aw Crap!" moments, and we'll all just need to see how it turns out.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm anxious about Ortman taking over for Cutler.

:lol: Yeah. Kyle OrtMAN is the man!

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 08:13 PM
The offense only needed more time together to gel and mature together.

You're telling me that the offense with Jay, with another year under their belts together... and a healthy running back, that they couldn't score more in the future?

FYI...Jay is gone.

:coffee:

Our offense will be fine if they can elliminate the turnovers inside the redzone...well, we have just upgraded that area by trading Cutler.

McD's offense will put up more points than we did last year.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
FYI...Jay is gone.

Our offense will be fine if they can elliminate the turnovers inside the redzone...well, we have just upgraded that area by trading Cutler.

McD's offense will put up more points than we did last year.

Again, you avoid the question, whether Jay is gone or not.

shank
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
even without cutler, we should still have a playoff caliber offense.

getting the defense fixed is the fastest way to get this team back into contention. if we don't go defense with 3 of our first 4 picks i will be concerned that we are in for more of the same from McD that got Shanny fired.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
even without cutler, we should still have a playoff caliber offense.

getting the defense fixed is the fastest way to get this team back into contention. if we don't go defense with 3 of our first 4 picks i will be concerned that we are in for more of the same from McD that got Shanny fired.

QFT.

Hopefully we'll have a solid offense that we can count on to keep us in games.

We BETTER draft some DE/DT's in the early rounds.... we need to build for the future at those positions.

But even if we do draft the DE/DT's they will have a big learning curve to get over. Usually, it takes D-linemen a couple years to adjust to the NFL games.

I hope Orton and McDummy know what they are in for.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
QFT.

Hopefully we'll have a solid offense that we can count on to keep us in games.

We BETTER draft some DE/DT's in the early rounds.... we need to build for the future at those positions.

But even if we do draft the DE/DT's they will have a big learning curve to get over. Usually, it takes D-linemen a couple years to adjust to the NFL games.

They have no idea...

powderaddict
04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
QFT.

They have no idea...

Yeah, I'm sure they have no idea, it's not like they've ever played or coached in the NFL before :lol:

Shazam!
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
What was McDaniels' forte again? I mean, besides turning some Broncos fans into whiny bitches. Lemme see...

Broncolingus
04-17-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm interested to see how the offensive line does in McDaniels new system...

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
A decent running game would have definitly helped put points on the board but that was not the whole problem by any means.

Field position, play calling etc... would have all helped put more points on the board.

The rest I agree with.

2nd best ypc - running game wasn't the problem.

letting a strong-armed, turnover-prone qb wing it all over the field, was.

Shanny decided he was going to ride that pony.....

..trying to find that lightning in a bottle again.

He must not have known it'd burn him.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Lets see.

:confused:

I saw lots of rb's.

I also saw your qb throw to the wrong players in the red zone.

At least they got rid of one of the problems.

turftoad
04-17-2009, 01:36 PM

Of course we had a good YPC average.

Opposing defenses were geared up to stop our passing game. No 8 men in the box. We suprised teams when we ran the ball.

Opposing defenses were not scared of our running game. Period.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Wow YPC! That means we must have dominated. It also means the Chiefs were a high scoring offense because they were tied with us for 2nd!!!!!!! Our running game was so much better than the Atlanta Falcons!

(Pssttt... Yard per Carry is a terrible measure alone. Especially with how little we ran the ball. We were 28th in the league in number of attempts)

Watchthemiddle
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow YPC! That means we must have dominated. It also means the Chiefs were a high scoring offense because they were tied with us for 2nd!!!!!!! Our running game was so much better than the Atlanta Falcons!

(Pssttt... Yard per Carry is a terrible measure alone. Especially with how little we ran the ball. We were 28th in the league in number of attempts)

Psssttt...just think how many more games we would have won by taking the ball out of Cutlers hands and running it even more.....:eek:

Oh well....put the ball in Cutty's hands = 8 loses.

Stick to our bread and butter = more wins.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Of course we had a good YPC average.

Opposing defenses were geared up to stop our passing game. No 8 men in the box. We suprised teams when we ran the ball.

Opposing defenses were not scared of our running game. Period.

You have so many excuses, turf.

I suppose the next thing you're going to say is other teams let denver score just so they could get the ball back again. :rolleyes:

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Psssttt...just think how many more games we would have won by taking the ball out of Cutlers hands and running it even more.....:eek:

Oh well....put the ball in Cutty's hands = 8 loses.

Stick to our bread and butter = more wins.

Yeah with what running back? Selvin young? Tatum Bell?

I don't know if you noticed, but we lost running back after running back. In fact Cutler was playing his best football when the running game was actually contributing. Aka the defense could just sit back in coverage.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:12 PM

Exactly, and thank you!

Who's fault was it that they weren't running more? I mean, with such a positive average, and all.

It wasn't a team weakness...

..it was a coaching weakness.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Exactly, and thank you!

Who's fault was it that they weren't running more? I mean, with such a positive average, and all.

It wasn't a team weakness...

..it was a coaching weakness.

Again as I said before, with what running back? We were down to our 7th running back by the end of the season. Sure if we had Pittman or Hillis healthy for the whole year you might have a argument, but the fact is we lost running backs like a prostitute loses her virginity. Tatum Bell just wasn't going to strike fear in the hearts of defenses.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah with what running back? Selvin young? Tatum Bell?

I don't know if you noticed, but we lost running back after running back. In fact Cutler was playing his best football when the running game was actually contributing. Aka the defense could just sit back in coverage.

Sure, why not? They had positive plays....ie, tater's big game.
I wonder....

...if shanny & co. weren't so stuck on throwing the ball, and actually got the rb's involved more, maybe their injuries wouldn't have happened?

Standing around clapping on the sidelines sure couldn't have helped.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Sure, why not? They had positive plays....ie, tater's big game.
I wonder....

Tatum has always had positive played, but his problem was he never had a ton of them. He would always have one or two big ones and then suck the rest of the game.

...if shanny & co. weren't so stuck on throwing the ball, and actually got the rb's involved more, maybe their injuries wouldn't have happened?

Standing around clapping on the sidelines sure couldn't have helped.

Um that is some of the worst logic I have seen. Besides in the first several games we were rushing the ball quite a bit. We actually were a little more balanced when we had a full stable of running backs. Yet once they started dropping like flies, so did our number of carries.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Again as I said before, with what running back? We were down to our 7th running back by the end of the season. Sure if we had Pittman or Hillis healthy for the whole year you might have a argument, but the fact is we lost running backs like a prostitute loses her virginity. Tatum Bell just wasn't going to strike fear in the hearts of defenses.

FYI, a prostitute can only lose her virginity once, as far as I know, LS.

As for tater,

Last 4 Games: 31att 201yds 50.3avg 6.5ypc 9rec 57yds 14.3avg. 6.3ypc

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Tatum has always had positive played, but his problem was he never had a ton of them. He would always have one or two big ones and then suck the rest of the game.

Um that is some of the worst logic I have seen. Besides in the first several games we were rushing the ball quite a bit. We actually were a little more balanced when we had a full stable of running backs. Yet once they started dropping like flies, so did our number of carries.

I didn't think I'd have to put a </sarcasm> out for you, LS.

I'll know better next time.... :coffee:

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:44 PM
As for tater,

Last 4 Games: 31att 201yds 50.3avg 6.5ypc 9rec 57yds 14.3avg. 6.3ypc

Oakland 6 for 14 yards

Buffalo game 5 for 20 with one 12 yard run. So that means 4 carries for 8 yards on all his other carries.

Carolina Game

1-10-CAR 31 (5:18) 21-T.Bell right tackle to CAR 26 for 5 yards (95-C.Johnson).
2-11-DEN 29 (15:00) 21-T.Bell left end to DEN 31 for 2 yards (21-K.Lucas).
2-10-DEN 19 (12:39) 21-T.Bell right end to DEN 21 for 2 yards (99-M.Kemoeatu).
1-10-DEN 29 (10:02) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short right to 21-T.Bell to DEN 30 for 1 yard (58-T.Davis).
1-10-CAR 44 (5:01) 21-T.Bell up the middle to CAR 45 for -1 yards (96-T.Brayton).
3-18-DEN 20 (10:45) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left to 21-T.Bell to DEN 26 for 6 yards (21-K.Lucas).
2-10-DEN 45 (1:59) (Shotgun) 21-T.Bell up the middle to CAR 41 for 14 yards (52-J.Beason).
1-10-CAR 41 (1:17) (Shotgun) 21-T.Bell left end to CAR 25 for 16 yards (96-T.Brayton).

Or in other words, Tatum bell was playing like Tatum Bell has always played. Gives you one or two good runs and then sucks the rest of the way.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Um that is some of the worst logic I have seen.
Um, I could say the same thing....
we lost running backs like a prostitute loses her virginity.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I didn't think I'd have to put a </sarcasm> out for you, LS.

I'll know better next time.... :coffee:

Maybe if you made it more obvious. I can't exactly determine your tone of voice in text.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Um, I could say the same thing....

It was meant to be stupid, because our running back situation was so pathetic that it made no sense.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Oakland 6 for 14 yards

Buffalo game 5 for 20 with one 12 yard run. So that means 4 carries for 8 yards on all his other carries.

Carolina Game

1-10-CAR 31 (5:18) 21-T.Bell right tackle to CAR 26 for 5 yards (95-C.Johnson).
2-11-DEN 29 (15:00) 21-T.Bell left end to DEN 31 for 2 yards (21-K.Lucas).
2-10-DEN 19 (12:39) 21-T.Bell right end to DEN 21 for 2 yards (99-M.Kemoeatu).
1-10-DEN 29 (10:02) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short right to 21-T.Bell to DEN 30 for 1 yard (58-T.Davis).
1-10-CAR 44 (5:01) 21-T.Bell up the middle to CAR 45 for -1 yards (96-T.Brayton).
3-18-DEN 20 (10:45) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass short left to 21-T.Bell to DEN 26 for 6 yards (21-K.Lucas).
2-10-DEN 45 (1:59) (Shotgun) 21-T.Bell up the middle to CAR 41 for 14 yards (52-J.Beason).
1-10-CAR 41 (1:17) (Shotgun) 21-T.Bell left end to CAR 25 for 16 yards (96-T.Brayton).

Or in other words, Tatum bell was playing like Tatum Bell has always played. Gives you one or two good runs and then sucks the rest of the way.

And your point?

That there's some rb out there that NEVER has minimal/negative yardage?

Tell the great Barry Sanders that, LS. He had far a pretty crappy ratio himself, iirc.

LoyalSoldier
04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
And your point?

That there's some rb out there that NEVER has minimal/negative yardage?

*sigh*

Do I seriously need to explain this? If a running back does not give you consistent production then that puts you in 2nd and long or 3rd and long situations. For every good run Bell had he had 4 terrible runs.

Sure every back has been stopped for a loss, but the great backs usually get 3-4 yards a carry not -1,1,2,1,2,16. An inconsistent running game only hurts a team.

Do I really have to explain this to you? If a running back has

Tell the great Barry Sanders that, LS. He had far a pretty crappy ratio himself, iirc.

Bell is no Sanders.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
It was meant to be stupid, because our running back situation was so pathetic that it made no sense.

You were successful. :lol:

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
*sigh*

Do I seriously need to explain this? If a running back does not give you consistent production then that puts you in 2nd and long or 3rd and long situations. For every good run Bell had he had 4 terrible runs.

Sure every back has been stopped for a loss, but the great backs usually get 3-4 yards a carry not -1,1,2,1,2,16. An inconsistent running game only hurts a team.

Bell is no Sanders.

No, you don't.
Never said he was.
lol
I'm not exactly a tater fan, LS...just using him as an example.

elsid13
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
:confused:

I saw lots of rb's.

I also saw your qb throw to the wrong players in the red zone.

At least they got rid of one of the problems.

Cutler two interceptions in the end zone last season. The problem with the offense wasn't the QB it was the lack of constant running threat. And the yards per carry were inflated because backs were able to get
"garbage" yards from the shotgun formation because teams were playing the pass (See Tatum run against SD as prime example).

Lonestar
04-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Cutler two interceptions in the end zone last season. The problem with the offense wasn't the QB it was the lack of constant running threat. And the yards per carry were inflated because backs were able to get
"garbage" yards from the shotgun formation because teams were playing the pass (See Tatum run against SD as prime example).

So why not more garbage yards and stay away from the pass as much.. ut no mikey wanted stats hoping that it would win some games.. in case you have not noticed bioth mikey and jaysus are gone.. and probably for this reason..

LordTrychon
04-18-2009, 01:54 AM
So... reading this thread, I take it the consensus is that Tatum should start next year, and as long as we give him the ball more, we'll do better?

Lonestar
04-18-2009, 01:56 AM
So... reading this thread, I take it the consensus is that Tatum should start next year, and as long as we give him the ball more, we'll do better?

right after the first 8 RB's GO DOWN..:salute:

LordTrychon
04-18-2009, 02:04 AM

right after the first 8 RB's GO DOWN..:salute:

That would be impressive. :laugh:

Lonestar
04-18-2009, 02:15 AM
That would be impressive. :laugh:

i'm hoping with the better conditioning this year we will not lose 7 RB's to grfion injuries.. and tater will be making sales quotas at altell..

LordTrychon
04-18-2009, 02:18 AM
i'm hoping with the better conditioning this year we will not lose 7 RB's to grfion injuries.. and tater will be making sales quotas at altell..

But our YPC was so great, we'd have been much better if we just gave Tater the rock early on in the year and let him average 28 touches a game!

rcsodak
04-18-2009, 10:21 AM
But our YPC was so great, we'd have been much better if we just gave Tater the rock early on in the year and let him average 28 touches a game!

In case you didn't look, LT, ALL of the rb's, COMBINED, had great ypc's.
All we're saying, is EVEN tater was able to move the ball effectively, thus, why not run more.

Maybe shanny is kicking himself, asking that very same question...ya think?

Lonestar
04-18-2009, 12:43 PM
All we're saying, is EVEN tater was able to move the ball effectively, thus, why not run more.

Mikey was enamored with jaysus and thought he could pass into the playoffs and because of this the usual run first game plan went by the wayside when the RB's started to fall.

While it was going to be a pass happy O to start with it just got worse then.

Many folks will make the mistake and blame the bad D for all of this. But a lack of balance and jasus proclivity to create TO's close in. Just allowed most defenses to bend and not break.

Anyway the mastermind and minimind are both gone and all those that are still blaming anyone else need to move.
All thr rational and logical members here have.

Ravage!!!
04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyway the mastermind and minimind are both gone and all those that are still blaming anyone else need to move.

Jr... are you trying to pull that "those that don't agree with my way of thinking should move and are 'irrational and illogical' ?"

LoyalSoldier
04-18-2009, 07:45 PM

For being such a rational and logical member you seem to have just used a logical fallacy.

Dean
04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Mikey was enamored with jaysus and thought he could pass into the playoffs and because of this the usual run first game plan went by the wayside when the RB's started to fall.

. . .and he came very, very close.

While it was going to be a pass happy O to start with it just got worse then.

Many folks will make the mistake and blame the bad D for all of this.

Let me get this straight. You don't think that our worst defense in Broncos history was not to blame???????

But a lack of balance and jasus proclivity to create TO's close in. Just allowed most defenses to bend and not break.

The fact that the offense had to go 70, 80, or 90 yards didn't contribute to our high yardage but low points scored didn't matter at all right?

Anyway the mastermind and minimind are both gone and all those that are still blaming anyone else need to move.[/Sorry, I think I have invested enough over the last 45 years to have the right to stay.

I teach chemistry and physics at both the high and college level. Most consider me rational and logical.

TXBRONC
04-18-2009, 11:37 PM

Let me get this straight. You don't think that our worst defense in Broncos history was not to blame???????

The fact that the offense had to go 70, 80, or 90 yards didn't contribute to our high yardage but low points scored didn't matter at all right?

[QUOTE]Anyway the mastermind and minimind are both gone and all those that are still blaming anyone else need to move.[/Sorry, I think I have invested enough over the last 45 years to have the right to stay.

I teach chemistry and physics at both the high and college level. Most consider me rational and logical.

I have over 32 years invested the Broncos so I feel the same way about having the right to stay.

Lonestar
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM

Sorry, I think I have invested enough over the last 45 years to have the right to stay.

anyone that can't get over that mikey is gone, really need to get over it or move on.. I do not see any alternative that is either logical or rational......

You know I respect you coach but I do not see other options.. other than pissing and moaning about something that is not gonna change back..

unless you do, I'd love to hear it..

LoyalSoldier
04-19-2009, 12:36 AM
anyone that can't get over that mikey is gone, really need to get over it or move on.. I do not see any alternative that is either logical or rational......

You know I respect you coach but I do not see other options.. other than pissing and moaning about something that is not gonna change back..

unless you do, I'd love to hear it..

Sure I know Mikey is gone and he isn't coming back. I know Jay is gone and isn't coming back, but none the less we still have to deal with the consequences of those events. The fact of the matter is that we will be talking about the firing of Shanahan and the Cutler trade because they were two very huge impacts on this team and will shape how good or bad this team is for the next few years.

It is like saying that just because Bush is gone that means we have to stop talking about what he did in office when the mark of his time in office is still on the US.

Nomad
04-19-2009, 09:56 AM
:pout:I feel so inferior!!!!:lol:

rcsodak
04-19-2009, 10:56 PM

But now you're talking wyomingites, coach....... :rolleyes:

:lol:

LordTrychon
04-19-2009, 11:21 PM
But now you're talking wyomingites, coach....... :rolleyes:

Post reported for personal attack. :rolleyes:

Elevation inc
04-20-2009, 03:27 AM

great point........

shanny gave his offense to bates and his defense to slowik and it backfired badly. While bates was a youthful ingenius mind he was to naive to realize just how important the run game was after october. We can blame the rb injuries all we want, but our system still was getting our backs 5 yds per carry even with tatum bell running. problem for bates is he decided bubble screen passes in the redzone and throwing 3 straight times to the endzone was the way to score points.

personally i hated bates and his playcalling, he would tell jay always to throw things in the redzone, and if it didnt work they would throw the next play. i blame part of jays bad decision making on bates playcalling. very often in the redzone a small run would work from 2 TE sets or i set, this would keep defenses honest, but no we would pull no back sets and of course the defense knew what was coming, heck even the fans knew a pass was coming.

it got to a point after hillis went down where are plays became so obvious...i mean i think bates really did just use the rb injuries as a excuse to try and throw it more. problem is after october balanced offense is where it is at. even if you have to rely on tatum bell. we didnt even try and run or show run we ran no back sets all game..it was so painfully obvious even to me what the defense had to do to stop us, drop more in coverage and limit jays throwing options and tighten the lanes, as a result jay's in's and bad throws went on the rise. its a direct corelation to not running the ball.....

bates didnt realize that and he sure didnt help cutler out. i personally believe bates being fired was great for this team and great for jay cutler. i belive jay cutler will be a better player with a more balanced playcaller. and i belive MCD let bates go from playcalling duties because he realized just how naive bates was.

when bates took over he did it as a pass happy, backyard throw it up guy. he was a big fault of the offenses demise and shanny should have taken over and gotten back to a more balanced apporach. had he done that we would have been in the playoffs even with our piss poor defense, becasue we did have a weapon x in cutler.

we may not have won the playoff game, but at least we would have gotten there, a feat that would have been miracoulous based on the defense we had.

i also belive slowik was a big reason for the defense and not so much the players, his playcalling, lack of ability to adjust and overall persona as a d leader and coach was the demise. he didnt give the d a identity it needed and he certainly didnt have the balls to admit shortcomings.

dont blame jay cutler, dont blame the defense, dont blame the rb's, blame the co-ordinators that were in charge, and the guy that hired them.