PDA

View Full Version : Anyone following Rotoworld's Mock Draft?

vtroper
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Odd draft, Stafford and Sanchez were both on the board for Denver's 12th pick.

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Football/

claymore
04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Odd draft, Stafford and Sanchez were both on the board for Denver's 12th pick.

http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_Football/

That would be hell for us. We need all O tackles and both QB's off the board by the time we pick.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I love how most are downplaying the need at Quarterback as if it isnt just as big of a need as any other position.

claymore
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
I love how most are downplaying the need at Quarterback as if it isnt just as big of a need as any other position.

We shouldnt need a QB. Our backup makes 3.4 mil a year, and we traded for Orton. If he isnt the instant starter we have much greater concerns.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Orton or Simms will be the starter next year regardless of if we draft a Quarterback in the early rounds in my opinion..... but I'd love for Mcdaniels to draft Sanchez to groom for the future... Orton is a legit quarterback who can manage a game... but I get nervous when I think of this guy as a long term starter.

We all agree that quarterback is still a major need in Denver regardless of Simms and Orton...right?

claymore
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Orton or Simms will be the starter next year regardless of if we draft a Quarterback in the early rounds in my opinion..... but I'd love for Mcdaniels to draft Sanchez to groom for the future... Orton is a legit quarterback who can manage a game... but I get nervous when I think of this guy as a long term starter.

We all agree that quarterback is still a major need in Denver regardless of Simms and Orton...right?

In all honesty I really hope Orton is the long term fix. The Draft class on QB's is supposed to be way better next year. But McD is supposed to be a QB maker.... So Im happy with him taking a guy in the 5th and beyond.

Mike
04-16-2009, 02:57 PM

I don't think most are downplaying it. But Denver's main focus needs to be on fixing the defense. Defense is the biggest need...championships are built on it.

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't think most are downplaying it. But Denver's main focus needs to be on fixing the defense. Defense is the biggest need...championships are built on it.

That, and many of us feel that the QBs in this draft suck a big one.

Lonestar
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
D should be addressed before all else.

T.K.O.
04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
i'm not so sure that orton will be replaced that quickly, dont get me wrong ...he doesnt poses the physical skills of a favre or cutler,but what people seem to forget is he has only played about 2 seasons worth of pro ball and it seems we have already labeled him as an average or worse qb.
i think he deserves the oportunity to prove himself in a new system with a descent recieving corps, before we pass judgement,i mean we all said cutler deserved 2-3 years before we should expect much
this guy is only 26 and has a far better win-loss record than jay did (i realize he had a defense ) who knows if cassel can win 11 games under mc D ....maybe ....just maybe,were in better shape than we think ! GO BRONCOS!

Foochacho
04-16-2009, 04:24 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM

thats where teams make mistakes... when they draft on needs over best talent available

If Raji, and Brown are gone at 12 then I dont see any defensive player being worth the pick at #12 aside from Jenkins... But I dont think we should waste a pick on a CB when we dont have a dline that can rush the passer... CB's are pretty much useless when a QB has all day to throw.

also its not like this is our only valuable pick...we still have 3 first day picks after the #12th pick along with 2 3rd rounders.... I dont think we have to necessarilly go for a defensive player with our first pick.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
D should be addressed before all else.

+1.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I would love to know why?

why dont you like Sanchez?

Lets hear reasons people...I keep hearing people hate on this guy but nobody ever has a reason why other then "HES ONLY A JUNIOR"

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM

Lets hear reasons people...I keep hearing people hate on this guy but nobody ever has a reason why other then "HES ONLY A JUNIOR"

He's only a junior! :elefant:

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM

1) He's a junior (you can't ignore the facts. Junior quarterbacks rarely succeed in the NFL)

2) He's only started like 13 games right?

3) He was surrounded by a crap load of talent at USC, which possibly made him look a lot better

4) If you put the word "dirty" in front of his last name...it's gross

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
can he control that the team hes on is filled with tons of talent? is it his fault other QB's have failed when coming out as Juniors?

You are entitled to your own opinion I just dont thinks its fair to hate on the guy just because of those reasons...

how about how he plays on the field?

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:26 PM
can he control that the team hes on is filled with tons of talent? is it his fault other QB's have failed when coming out as Juniors?

You are entitled to your own opinion I just dont thinks its fair to hate on the guy just because of those reasons...

how about how he plays on the field?

Not hating, just way way way way too risky to draft Sanchez because of all the factors I listed.

Joey Harrington played good on the field before coming to the NFL. Plenty of inexperienced, Junior QB's played well in college...but how did they fair in the NFL.

If you can name 5-10 starting quarterbacks in the NFL that were drafted as a Junior within the last 10 years...then I'll commend you :salute:

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Ben Roethlisberger played good before coming to the NFL as well...(with 1 year of eligibility left) guys now a 2 time superbowl champ.... Aaron Rodgers was very impressive as a 1st year starter last year and Drew Bledsoe threw over 40k yards in his career.. I think he panned out pretty well... yes there are a lot of busts that come out.. but its not like its impossible to have success when leaving a program early.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Not hating, just way way way way too risky to draft Sanchez because of all the factors I listed.

Joey Harrington played good on the field before coming to the NFL. Plenty of inexperienced, Junior QB's played well in college...but how did they fair in the NFL.

If you can name 5-10 starting quarterbacks in the NFL that were drafted as a Junior within the last 10 years...then I'll commend you :salute:

like I said... this is all pointless to me and I hope its irrellivent to the Denver Broncos FO.... Im really hoping they are evaluating him by his game film and not over the fact that hes a junior and that there isnt much success there in previous history.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
like I said... this is all pointless to me and I hope its irrellivent to the Denver Broncos FO.... Im really hoping they are evaluating him by his game film and not over the fact that hes a junior and that there isnt much success there in previous history.

I gave you 3 reasons other than that. Drafting Sanchez would complete McDaniels 4 month meltdown.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 09:07 PM
I gave you 3 reasons other than that. Drafting Sanchez would complete McDaniels 4 month meltdown.

and the only one that I see being a legit reason is his inexperience of only starting 16 games.... can you give me a reason why you dont like him from watching him play?

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
and the only one that I see being a legit reason is his inexperience of only starting 16 games.... can you give me a reason why you dont like him from watching him play?

He locks onto a receiver. Though he is athletic, his throws are not very good when on the run. His release seems a little slow. He was surrounded by superior talent around in USC which made him look a lot better. He isn't going to have the luxury of going against lesser teams, considering that USC is one of the top programs in the country. In the NFL, "any given Sunday" applies. Sanchez will be surrounded with equal, or greater, talent in the NFL both on his team AND on the opposing team. He doesn't seem like much of a competitor, considering that he hasn't had a lot of games to prove that he could rally his team and beat a team far better than his own.

And there's no reason to ignore the fact that he's only started 13 games...he's not ready. I would not waste a first round pick (which we clearly need for defense) for this guy.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
I completely disagree... In fact I think those are 2 of the best parts of Sanchez's game is that he goes through his progressions instead of locking unto 1 wide reciever, and that he can make every throw even outside of the hashmarks

and sanchez has a very quick release... I dont know where you got that from.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
also doesnt seem like a fierce competitor?

no offense but I can tell you havent seen much of Sanchez... because hes as competitive as anybody in this draft, hes very solid outside of the pocket, has a great release (definately quicker than Cutler) and rarely locks onto 1 wide reciever.

the former USC offensive coordinator/QB coach said that Sanchez is the hardest worker that hes ever coached.... and Sarkesian has worked with Palmer, Lienart, and Cassel.

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I completely disagree... In fact I think those are 2 of the best parts of Sanchez's game is that he goes through his progressions instead of locking unto 1 wide reciever, and that he can make every throw even outside of the hashmarks

although i agree with not drafting Sanchez he does have a very quick release and he doesnt lock onto one receiver often, he can also make presnap reads, i think he would really excel in a west coast offense, and Stafford, i would hate to come here, he takes way to many chances with the football, with the blitz in his face he tosses that thing up for grabs..... Stafford= bust Sanchez=best suited for west coast

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:08 PM
also doesnt seem like a fierce competitor?

no offense but I can tell you havent seen much of Sanchez... because hes as competitive as anybody in this draft, hes very solid outside of the pocket, has a great release (definately quicker than Cutler) and rarely locks onto 1 wide reciever.

the former USC offensive coordinator/QB coach said that Sanchez is the hardest worker that hes ever coached.... and Sarkesian has worked with Palmer, Lienart, and Cassel.

and he is a fierce competitor, remember the Ohio State game, that was a pretty big game, and they went out and beat OSU bad, they also beat Penn State in the Rose Bowl, and i'd say a bowl game is a big game

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:12 PM

I'm glad to see you completely ignored the rest of my post :lol: j/k

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=379&Itemid=1

Strengths: As physically talented as any QB prospect in the 2009 NFL Draft…smooth throwing motion and above average arm strength…played in Pete Carroll’s pro style offense at USC, so transition to the NFL should come more smoothly…lack of self-confidence is not an issue with this prospect…quick release and pro style throwing motion would be a excellent fit in a West Coast offensive style, like his predecessor John David Booty…

Weaknesses: One year at the helm of a football team doesn’t allow for a young signal caller to gain much needed experience…there are some concerns in regards to an injured knee that limited his range of motion early in the 2008 season…not the most fleet of foot…cockiness or confidence—may be a fine line with this prospect…with a ton of offensive talent around him, never fully realized potential this past season…is he ready for the NFL?

Overall: Mark Sanchez is a potential wild-card in the 2009 NFL Draft, he has top 10 type talent, and could go that high, or he could slip down into the middle or latter portion of the round. With Matt Leinart’s recent struggles, the opinion on USC QB prospects has become a mixed bag. Physically, Mark Sanchez has everything you would want in an NFL QB—the size, accuracy, throwing motion and delivery, but he comes with little experience, and should be considered very raw. Rushing him into NFL action would be a disastrous mistake, but if a franchise has time to allow him to sit in develop, then that franchise may reap the long-term benefits and may find themselves with a franchise QB.

Junior QB's like Aaron Rodgers had the luxury of learning behind Brett Favre for 3 years.

Mark Sanchez won't have that luxury. He will also be on a team with a rebuiliding defense. Not to mention that the level of competition will be unimaginable for him.

It's the talent around in USC that made John David Booty look good. It's the talent at USC that, IMO, made Matt Leinert look good. Carson Palmer isn't doing so hot the last few years. I believe Mark Sanchez is way too raw. It serves him better to sit behind a legitimate QB in the league and cook like Rodgers did.

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm glad to see you completely ignored the rest of my post :lol: j/k

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=379&Itemid=1

Junior QB's like Aaron Rodgers had the luxury of learning behind Brett Favre for 3 years.

Mark Sanchez won't have that luxury. He will also be on a team with a rebuiliding defense. Not to mention that the level of competition will be unimaginable for him.

It's the talent around in USC that made John David Booty look good. It's the talent at USC that, IMO, made Matt Leinert look good. Carson Palmer isn't doing so hot the last few years. I believe Mark Sanchez is way too raw. It serves him better to sit behind a legitimate QB in the league and cook like Rodgers did.

HAHA YES told ya EMB west coast guy, remeber when we were talking about what we thought he was best suited in, haha but thats still just one guys opinion also

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
HAHA YES told ya EMB west coast guy, remeber when we were talking about what we thought he was best suited in, haha but thats still just one guys opinion also

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009msanchez.php

Sanchez's biggest upside is his skills and mechanics. He does a good job of being consistent in his drop backs and delivery. Sanchez has an outstanding ability to recognize the defense and know where he is going with the ball before it is snapped. He comes up with big plays by setting up the defense and then taking advantage of them.

Sanchez's biggest weakness is his lack of starter experience. He has only started for one season. Another is his question of durability and mobility with his knee injury. The speed of the game in the NFL is so much faster that it may pose a problem to Sanchez in moving around the pocket with his knee.

Sanchez has tremendous potential to be a star in the NFL just like Leinert and Palmer did as well. USC produces players who are ready for the NFL, but Sanchez's lack of game experience will probably cause teams to pass on him early on. There is no question about his abilities and skill sets. Sanchez has excellent technique and is a very heady QB. He does an excellent job of recognizing coverages and blitzes. Sanchez has a quick release and is very accurate with the ball giving his receivers all the chances to make plays after the catch. Hopefully Sanchez has gained enough game experience at USC so that it is not a rude awakening in the NFL.

Lol at Leinert being an NFL star :lol:

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
does talent make Tebow look good? does talent make Bradford look good?

did talent make Peyton Manning look good at Tennessee?

what about Carson Palmer when at USC? Tom Brady at Michigan? matt Stafford at Georgia? Chad Pennington at Marshall?

there is no way Im gonna discredit a player because of the talent he has around him

that makes absolutely no sense.... and if thats the case you have to say the same for every prospect from USC, LSU, Georgia, Texas, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee (even though they had a down year the talent is definately still there) and Penn state.

Also I'd realize it would take time to groom Sanchez which I'd be fine with..... this team isnt going anywhere for atleast 2-3 years anyways... Im straight with Orton and Simms as the starters the next 2 years but thinking about them as long term options is scary.

Edit... Forgot to add Miami and Florida state to that list as well... thats all.... lol

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:32 PM

excuse me?

could you show me the thread where I disagreed that he wouldnt be a good fit in a west coast scheme?

you might have forgot the conversation because you argued that he could ONLY PLAY IN A WCO... which than a disagreed..... But never once did I say he wouldnt be a good fit in a WCO... and if so, could you show me?

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:33 PM

what about Carson Palmer when at USC? Tom Brady at Michigan? matt Stafford at Georgia? Chad Pennington at Marshall?

there is no way Im gonna discredit a player because of the talent he has around him

that makes absolutely no sense.... and if thats the case you have to say the same for every prospect from USC, LSU, Georgia, Texas, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, Tennessee (even though they had a down year the talent is definately still there) and Penn state.

Also I'd realize it would take time to groom Sanchez which I'd be fine with..... this team isnt going anywhere for atleast 2-3 years anyways... Im straight with Orton and Simms as the starters the next 2 years but thinking about them as long term options is scary.

i'd rather go tim tebow 4th round next year, then use a first on sanchez or any QB this year

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:34 PM
excuse me?

could you show me the thread where I disagreed that he wouldnt be a good fit in a west coast scheme?

you might have forgot the conversation because you argued that he could ONLY PLAY IN A WCO... which than a disagreed..... But never once did I say he wouldnt be a good fit in a WCO... and if so, could you show me?

oh, if i said only, my bad didnt mean that..... i was JP with ya though man just thought id bring it up

Definately is a much better west coast QB than anything else

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009msanchez.php

Lol at Leinert being an NFL star :lol:

nothing I didnt already know... and I said earlier that the only thing I see as a weakness is his experience... I never argued that once.... But Im not gonna hate on dude because the history of Junior QB's that have decided to come out along with the fact that he plays around great talent.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM

Yes talent makes Tebow look good. That's why teams don't view him as an NFL QB.

We're not talking about Marshall, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc.

We're talking about USC, the cream of the crop.

Besides...Mark Sanchez only has started one full season. He needs a few years to sit back and get groomed. The only problem is, we're not sure if he'll have a few years to learn behind Orton or Simms.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
nothing I didnt already know... and I said earlier that the only thing I see as a weakness is his experience... I never argued that once.... But Im not gonna hate on dude because the history of Junior QB's that have decided to come out along with the fact that he plays around great talent.

Again, I'm not hating on Sanchez EMB. He just seems to carry a very large "bust-factor" considering that he's a Junior (unfortunately that is always something that is looked at, regardless of the talent), and he's only started one full season of college.

The safer bet is to rebuild our Defense and let Orton or Simms manage games. Putting Sanchez in right away would be road kill.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Most teams dont view Tebow as an NFL QB because he isnt very accurate.. has a slow release and very weak velocity... that along with he plays in a gimmick scheme

of course the talent around him makes him better... but I doubt thats the reason NFL teams stay away from a player.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Again, I'm not hating on Sanchez EMB. He just seems to carry a very large "bust-factor" considering that he's a Junior (unfortunately that is always something that is looked at, regardless of the talent), and he's only started one full season of college.

The safer bet is to rebuild our Defense and let Orton or Simms manage games. Putting Sanchez in right away would be road kill.

but that can be said for every 1st day Quarterback... regardless of the year they come out... right?

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
but that can be said for every 1st day Quarterback... regardless of the year they come out... right?

Lets just say that Mark Sanchez possibly carries a larger bust factor than guys like Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, Brady Quinn. Why? Because he will be drafted in the top 10 due to his great stats he put up, yet he doesn't have the experience that makes QB's better.

Experience is that important, especially for the QB.

(Don't bring up Matt Cassel, he studied under McDaniels and Tom Brady for 4 years)

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Lets just say that Mark Sanchez possibly carries a larger bust factor than guys like Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, Brady Quinn. Why? Because he will be drafted in the top 10 due to his great stats he put up, yet he doesn't have the experience that makes QB's better.

(Don't bring up Matt Cassel, he studied under McDaniels and Tom Brady for 4 years)

i dont think he has more bust potential than stafford

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 10:51 PM

Tom Brady didnt have that much experience in college either.... started around 20 games... thats only 4 more than Sanchez....

Sanchez doesnt have that much in game experience... but he was around a great coaching staff taking reps at the collegiate level for 4 years.

also what do you mean he doesnt have any experience that "makes QB's better" ?

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:51 PM
i dont think he has more bust potential than stafford

Matt Stafford has started 32+ games

Mark Sanchez has started 16 games

Both carry a large bust factor, considering they are both Juniors and both will be top-10 picks. But Stafford has more experience.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Tom Brady didnt have that much experience in college either.... started around 20 games... thats only 4 more than Sanchez....

Sanchez doesnt have that much in game experience... but he was around a great coaching staff taking reps at the collegiate level for 4 years.

Didn't Tom Brady get a chance to study under the tutelage of Drew Bledsoe?

We don't have that kind of QB here that could be a mentor to Sanchez.

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Matt Stafford has started 32+ games

Mark Sanchez has started 16 games

Both carry a large bust factor, considering they are both Juniors and both will be top-10 picks. But Stafford has more experience.

Stafford just tosses balls up with the blitz in his face, he takes far too many chances, he's going to throw MANY INTS every year he plays

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Didn't Tom Brady get a chance to study under the tutelage of Drew Bledsoe?

We don't have that kind of QB here that could be a mentor to Sanchez.

Tom Brady only really learned from Bledsoe 1 year before taking over..Plus Denver has a much better teacher than Bledsoe.... His name? Josh Mcdaniels.

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Both played in pro style offenses and both took snaps under center majority of the time... I also like Stafford alot aside from his mentality, he got irked when a certain team asked him some awkward questions..... and after the Cutler situation I dont want another sensitive QB running this team....

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Tom Brady only really learned from Bledsoe 1 year before taking over..Plus Denver has a much better teacher than Bledsoe.... His name? Josh Mcdaniels.

Josh McDaniels was never an NFL QB :rolleyes:

And he didn't teach Tom Brady........Charlie Weis did.

The only amazing thing McDaniels did was with Cassel, and it took him 4 years to do it.

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2009, 11:30 PM

The only amazing thing McDaniels did was with Cassel, and it took him 4 years to do it.

It didn't take him 4 years to do it. It took him 1. He may have been working with McDaniels for a while, but the first chance Cassell got to start he became a star before the end of the season. After not starting a single game since high school, that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 11:32 PM
It didn't take him 4 years to do it. It took him 1. He may have been working with McDaniels for a while, but the first chance Cassell got to start he became a star before the end of the season. After not starting a single game since high school, that's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

Does the term "system QB" ring a bell? Yes McDaniels had been working with Cassel for 3 years prior to that. He didn't just enter the season ready to be a star. Don't you remember preseason? Cassel was horrible with all the extra time to play.

bullis26
04-16-2009, 11:32 PM

he helped with brady, he was hired in 2001 as a personal assistant, he also helped the defense out for a while, and became QB coach in 2004, and he was the offensive cordinator the year brady set all the records, along with NE's offense

Thats coming from my memory, the stuff

bullis26
04-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Does the term "system QB" ring a bell? Yes McDaniels had been working with Cassel for 3 years prior to that. He didn't just enter the season ready to be a star. Don't you remember preseason? Cassel was horrible with all the extra time to play.

also remeber the redskin game in 2007, brady got benched because they were up by so much, they put cassel in he preformed poorly, so back comes brady

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 12:32 AM

why does it have to be a Quarterback that a back up learns under? Im pretty sure Tom Brady learned a lot more from Mcdaniels than he did with Bledsoe.

who said Mcdaniels taught Tom Brady anything? I certainly didnt even though I do think mcdaniels has played a big role in Tom Brady's success..... Brady never put up big time numbers until Mcdaniels ran the offense.

I'd say what he did with Cassel is amazing... and un heard of

Cassel didnt start a game since highschool prior to last year and is now a very rich man.... I'd say Mcdaniels had a lot to do with that.

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 12:49 AM

again the guy has only 1 year of college expirience that does not translate well to the pros period.....guys just dont have success in the pros from that.
while he has a decent skill set its the learning curve from only 1 year that is a big iussue......the NFL and collge are so different from each other. if it was so easy to become a elite NFL player as a 1 year wonder from college like it is for say NBA college prospects, many more athletes would do it, problem is the NFL doesnt work that way, and it is by far the toughest league out there for collge prospects to adjust to.

only 1 year of colleg is not enough time to prepare for the pros period.....its essentially been proven as such by all 1 year wonder qb's that have tried......

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 01:05 AM
again the guy has only 1 year of college expirience that does not translate well to the pros period.....guys just dont have success in the pros from that.
while he has a decent skill set its the learning curve from only 1 year that is a big iussue......the NFL and collge are so different from each other. if it was so easy to become a elite NFL player as a 1 year wonder from college like it is for say NBA college prospects, many more athletes would do it, problem is the NFL doesnt work that way, and it is by far the toughest league out there for collge prospects to adjust to.

only 1 year of colleg is not enough time to prepare for the pros period.....its essentially been proven as such by all 1 year wonder qb's that have tried......

1 year of college... WTF? why do you act as if Sanchez is a Freshman? comparing him to 1 and done basketball players is hilarious.

you realize that hes a redshirt junior who was with the program for 4 years... right?

you dont think he learned anything running scout team against one of the top defenses in the nation during his days where he was a back up?

and again... Nobody is asking Sanchez to come in and start right away... we know he doesnt have the experience... what Quarterback in this draft does?

whether you like it or not the #1 thing scouts and front offices look for is TALENT... not experience.. and Sanchez has all the talent in the world.... Im not arguing with you saying Experience isnt a factor, it is...but as you can see talent is the most important thing to look at when judging a player.

Mark Sanchez has great mechanics, can make every throw.... hes very sharpe with pre snap reads.... goes through his progressions, hes versatile, and a fierce competitor.... thats why I like Sanchez.

Lets talk about how the guy plays aside from the "lack of experience" he has because I would LOVE to hear why you dislike the way he plays... knowing that thats usually how most people judge a player... by how they produce ON THE FIELD...

Edit: I noticed you said "its been proven by every 1 year wonder Quarterbacks who have tried"

can you give me a list of the 1 year wonders that have come out?

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 01:09 AM
1 year of college... WTF? why do you act as if Sanchez is a Freshman? comparing him to 1 and done basketball players is hilarious.

you realize that hes a redshirt junior who was with the program for 4 years... right?

you dont think he learned anything running scout team against one of the top defenses in the nation during his days where he was a back up?

and again... Nobody is asking Sanchez to come in and start right away... we know he doesnt have the experience... what Quarterback in this draft does?

whether you like it or not the #1 thing scouts and front offices look for is TALENT... not experience.. and Sanchez has all the talent in the world.... Im not arguing with you saying Experience isnt a factor, it is...but as you can see talent is the most important thing to look at when judging a player.

Mark Sanchez has great mechanics, can make every throw.... hes very sharpe with pre snap reads.... goes through his progressions, hes versatile, and a fierce competitor.... thats why I like Sanchez.

Lets talk about how the guy plays aside from the "lack of experience" he has....

fair enough, but name the last 1 year starter in colleg to succesfully come in and start fairly quickly and find success......dont underate expierence...heck MCD loves expierience, its probally why he signed a 36 year old saftey for 5 years along with a mediocre safety and cb over 30....:lol:

good luck by the way finding that info.....;)

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
fair enough, but name the last 1 year starter in colleg to succesfully come in and start fairly quickly and find success......dont underate expierence...heck MCD loves expierience, its probally why he signed a 36 year old saftey for 5 years along with a mediocre safety and cb over 30....:lol:

good luck by the way finding that info.....;)

name the last 1 year who was this highly touted coming out?

you said its been proven and all..

Im waiting for the lists of 1 year wonders who were 1st round prospects who turned out to become busts..

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 01:16 AM
name the last 1 year who was this highly touted coming out?

you said its been proven and all..

Im waiting for the lists of 1 year wonders who were 1st round prospects who turned out to become busts..

its a good arguement and for that reason i will research and PM it to you, because i would like to know just how far it goes for myself as well.....

so with that in mind, i get that you like sanchez, fair enough, i dont......

:salute:

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks because I would like to know as well... I dont think there is a Quarterback that has only played 1 year and was this highly ranked as a prospect.

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 01:24 AM
name the last 1 year who was this highly touted coming out?you said its been proven and all..

FYI he is only this highly touted becasue of such a weak Qb class, this is the main reason he declared anyways, if he declared next year he wouldnt even be in the running for the 1st rd......

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks because I would like to know as well... I dont think there is a Quarterback that has only played 1 year and was this highly ranked as a prospect.

wow the last 1 year ful lseason starter to wow like sanchez was akili smith who played as a full season starter his senior year he threw 32 td's, he was touted top ten taken third overall in the 1999 draft, behind tim couch and donovan mcnabb

he is now no longer in the league.....

below is the top 5 taken in order.....all have had 2 years or more starting expirience in college before declaring except akili..lol....

underlined players are startes in the league today, italic players are no longer worth a damn or have done little....

1999- tim couch/donovan mcnabb/akili smith/Daunte culppeper/Cade mcnown

2000- Chad Pennington/giovanni Carmazzi/chris redman/tee martin/Marc Bulger

2001- Mike vick/drew brees/quincy carter/marques tuiassosopo/chris weinke

2002- David carr/Joey Harrington/Patrick Ramsey/Josh Mcnown/David Garrad

2003- Carson Palmer/Leftwich/boller/grossman/ragone

2004- eli Manning/rivers/big ben/Jp losman/matt schaub

2005- Alex smith/aaron rodgers/jason campbell/charlie frye/andrew walter

2006- leinart/young/cutler/kellen clemens/tavaris jackson

2007- Russel/quinn/Kevin kolb/john beck/drew stanton

2008- matt ryan/joe flacco/brian brohm/chad henne/kevin occonnel

basically prospects wait because they know better, sanchez followed the money and the chance at a better draft selection compared to next year where he wouldnt even be considered in the top 20, the last qb to do that was akili and he did it as a senior and he paid dearly.....

who knows maybe sanchez is that rare qb that will defy all the odds based on his elite talent.....me... i would bet against it though.....

i was quite suprised by this info.....especially by how many qb's are irrelevant now......lol

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 11:32 AM
FYI he is only this highly touted becasue of such a weak Qb class, this is the main reason he declared anyways, if he declared next year he wouldnt even be in the running for the 1st rd......

I wouldnt call this much of a weak class.. esspecially when you think about 3 QB's most likely drafted in the top 20.... I'd say thats amazing.... all 3 are underclassmen but are this high of prospects.... doesnt happen too often.

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
wow the last 1 year ful lseason starter to wow like sanchez was akili smith who played as a full season starter his senior year he threw 32 td's, he was touted top ten taken third overall in the 1999 draft, behind tim couch and donovan mcnabb

he is now no longer in the league.....

below is the top 5 taken in order.....all have had 2 years or more starting expirience in college before declaring except akili..lol....

underlined players are startes in the league today, italic players are no longer worth a damn or have done little....

1999- tim couch/donovan mcnabb/akili smith/Daunte culppeper/Cade mcnown

2000- Chad Pennington/giovanni Carmazzi/chris redman/tee martin/Marc Bulger

2001- Mike vick/drew brees/quincy carter/marques tuiassosopo/chris weinke

2002- David carr/Joey Harrington/Patrick Ramsey/Josh Mcnown/David Garrad

2003- Carson Palmer/Leftwich/boller/grossman/ragone

2004- eli Manning/rivers/big ben/Jp losman/matt schaub

2005- Alex smith/aaron rodgers/jason campbell/charlie frye/andrew walter

2006- leinart/young/cutler/kellen clemens/tavaris jackson

2007- Russel/quinn/Kevin kolb/john beck/drew stanton

2008- matt ryan/joe flacco/brian brohm/chad henne/kevin occonnel

basically prospects wait because they know better, sanchez followed the money and the chance at a better draft selection compared to next year where he wouldnt even be considered in the top 20, the last qb to do that was akili and he did it as a senior and he paid dearly.....

who knows maybe sanchez is that rare qb that will defy all the odds based on his elite talent.....me... i would bet against it though.....

i was quite suprised by this info.....especially by how many qb's are irrelevant now......lol

Defy what odds? just because Akili Smith (who was a senior) was a flop in the NFL?

you were basically saying there was a list of 1 year wonder QB's that have flopped out....