PDA

View Full Version : Shanahan's House For Sale

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.pruittmarketingresources.com/SWG2/20CH.html

I'd buy it, but it's a bit too far from the mountains for my taste.

turftoad
04-16-2009, 11:59 AM

McD better not buy it. He won't be in Denver that long. :D

Jaws
04-16-2009, 12:01 PM

You'd have plenty of room for a big scotch cabinet :shots:

I'd buy it, but i can't afford to hire a cleaner.
Don't fancy doing all that vacuuming myself!

jrelway
04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
it would be very interesting if shanny relocates to the chicago area.

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
McD better not buy it. He won't be in Denver that long. :D

I don't think his 3 year salary is enough to buy it!

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
You'd have plenty of room for a big scotch cabinet :shots:

I'd buy it, but i can't afford to hire a cleaner.
Don't fancy doing all that vacuuming myself!

Did you see the wine cellar?

http://www.pruittmarketingresources.com/SWG2/20chlowerwine.html

You could put a lot of whisky down there!

If I had that, I'd never stumble back upstairs :lol:

LawDog
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Isn't this the "old" house? I thought the other one she had built (Mike just writes the checks) was about three times bigger than this one...

broncofaninfla
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Isn't this the "old" house? I thought the other one she had built (Mike just writes the checks) was about three times bigger than this one...

I think this is the old house

GEM
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

34K sf.

Good lord, that place is beautiful, but over the top for a couple to have to themselves.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
That is a retarded home for any human being to live in.

No way do you need that much space...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2009/04/13/daily68.html

A Cherry Hills Village house formerly owned by ex-Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan is on the sales block for $17 million.

The six-bedroom, seven-bathroom house is listed for sale by The Kentwood Co. of metro Denver, according to the residential real estate brokerage firm’s website. The listing agent is Sandy Weigand.

“The grounds, infinity pool, waterfalls and mountain views are unbelievable,” says Kentwood’s marketing information for the home. “Built for a renowned coach in Denver sports history.”

Shanahan sold the house, completed in 2000, in January 2007 for $16 million to a company called 20 Cherry Hills LLC, according to Arapahoe County real estate records. But Shanahan and his wife reportedly still lived there as of late last year.

The Denver Broncos fired Shanahan in December, after 14 seasons as the team’s head coach. Shanahan led the team to its first Super Bowl wins, in 1998 and 1999, but failed to make the NFL playoffs for the third straight year last season.

Located at 20 Cherry Hills Park Drive, the ranch-style house has 20,199 square feet of space in two stories. Amenities include a Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, hot tub, swimming pool and several fireplaces, according to property tax records.

The house sits on nearly 2.5 acres of land.

Shanahan, who has business interests in metro Denver, also is building a 35,000-square-foot, ranch-style home in Cherry Hills Village. What will happen to the house, in the wake of the coach’s leaving the Broncos, is unknown.

horsepig
04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Ridiculous and kinda pathetic. IMO

BroncoJoe
04-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I know people at the Kentwood Company. Wonder if I can get a tour?

omac
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Wow, pretty nice place.

Benetto
04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
That is a beautiful house with tacky furniture and design...An absolute rip-off for 16-17 Million though...

Houses out here in the Malibu area (which put cherry hills homes to shame) are mucher bigger and nicer, with more elaborate ammenities....and are muuuuch cheaper. I thought real estate in Denver was realistically priced.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2009, 06:24 PM
That is a beautiful house with tacky furniture and design...An absolute rip-off for 16-17 Million though...

Houses out here in the Malibu area (which put cherry hills homes to shame) are mucher bigger and nicer, with more elaborate ammenities....and are muuuuch cheaper. I thought real estate in Denver was realistically priced.

Things must have changed out there. The company I used to work for transferred a bunch of people here from Cali in the 90's, and they were all saying what a much nicer home you could get here than you could get for the same price in Cali.

Benetto
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Things must have changed out there. The company I used to work for transferred a bunch of people here from Cali in the 90's, and they were all saying what a much nicer home you could get here than you could get for the same price in Cali.

I moved to L.A in late 1992. My Parents sold their 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 2 levels with basement, and 1 acre of land for around 200,000.00...The house's address is in 80918 of CO springs. Not a bad neighborhood...

They came to L.A to buy a 3 bedroom 2 bath, single level, with about 1/3 the space of our CO home for a little more expensive...Now their house is worth 700,000.00+....About 3-4 years ago it was appraised by a home appraiser for seven digits...Things have fluctuated a lot in the past few years...but I was under the impression that CO homes were muuuuuch cheaper than L.A homes...I guess I was wrong...Who knows now-a-days with this economy anyways.....:confused:

BFI
04-16-2009, 07:33 PM
That's quite a house....it'd be just enough room to get the family together at Christmas time and not be cramped for space.

The pool is way cool. But I'm with Jawsie...I'd hate to clean that place!:shocked:

nmbroncosfan
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Ridiculous and kinda pathetic. IMO

Why? Because he actually put in hard work to be able to afford to live like this, and not sharing the wealth...lol

JKcatch724
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Where's the Cutler nursery?

Superchop 7
04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Plaid couch ?

Just sayin