PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round

CPS22
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Who do you think we'll take in the first round?? And who would you WANT in the first round??

jrelway
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
i want raji and maulauga. but something tells me mcdaniels is eyeing dirty sanchez.

Dirk
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
i want raji and maulauga. but something tells me mcdaniels is eyeing dirty sanchez.

He may indeed be eyeing him. But he will never reach 12. If McD wants him, he will have to wheel and deal to get him.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Two players that can help pressure and sack opposing QBs and stuff the run on a consistent basis whose durable and maintains intensity throughout the game!!!! That would be a great start! BPA at the DL (12) and LB (18).

Nomad
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM

If Sanchez can sack and pressure opposing QBs, I'll take him!!;)

BigDaddyBronco
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I want either Raji or Tyson Jackson. If we got both I would probably break my neck doing a back flip. If we get neither, I will probably break a hand punching the wall. I want to send constant subliminal messages to McDaniels and crew, DLine, DLine, DLine...

The other pick I would be ok with a RB, LB (inside or outside), CB, or maybe even a good kick returner WR type. Anything to improve the team. I really hope we don't get a QB as I don't want to undermine Orton before he has a chance to do anything. Also OLine would be a luxury we can't afford.

BroncoNut
04-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Great post BDB. Awesome insight.

broncofaninfla
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
The best available Defensive Linemen at picks #12 and 18 or one stud Defensive Lineman and one stud OLB.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd love Stafford and Moreno in the first.
Sanchez and Wells would be nice too.
This would sell a bunch of jerseys!
At least if we have a losing season it will be exciting.

BigDaddyBronco
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Great post BDB. Awesome insight.
Thanks brother. Have I mentioned how good you look in nuthuggers.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
We'll take and groom our future long snapper. :salute:

yardog
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Move up one spot and take Cutler oh shit wrong year. :tsk:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Brad Jones, OLB, Colorado. He's going to be a pass rushing beast.

BigDaddyBronco
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Move up one spot and take Cutler oh shit wrong year. :tsk:
:tsk:

We don't need another cancer on the team. ;)

turftoad
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd love Stafford and Moreno in the first.
Sanchez and Wells would be nice too.
This would sell a bunch of jerseys!
At least if we have a losing season it will be exciting.

Yep, and we could continue our losing ways because we still have no "D".

Great thinking. :2thumbs: :tsk:

slim
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Brad Jones, OLB, Colorado. He's going to be a pass rushing beast.

It's a little early to be drinking.

yardog
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
:tsk:

We don't need another cancer on the team. ;)

Nope we need a QB wonder were we will ever find one?

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
with the number of holes we have on our roster, especially on the defense side of the ball, I don't care what position our picks play, as long as they make plays on Sunday.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Yep, and we could continue our losing ways because we still have no "D".

Great thinking. :2thumbs: :tsk:

We still have 8 other picks and have some decent picks next year too.
We don't need superstars on defense, just solid starters that fit our system.
That's the New England way.
A star Quarterback or Running Back has more influence on a team than any single defensive position.
Given the choice between drafting Ladanian Tomlinson and Peyton Manning or Albert Haynesworth and Julius Peppers who do you take?

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Tyson Jackson at 12

Clint Sintim or Aaron Maybin at 18

slim
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
A star Quarterback or Running Back has more influence on a team than any single defensive position.
Given the choice between drafting Ladanian Tomlinson and Peyton Manning or Albert Haynesworth and Julius Peppers who do you take?

Sanchez and Moreno != LT and Manning

weazel
04-16-2009, 01:24 PM

we had one, he cried like a bitch and decided to take his ball home.

turftoad
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Who said anything about one single defensive player? We need a bunch.

The offense should still be intact somewhat. We need to start building the "D" ASAP or it will NEVER turn into Rome.

BTW, we just gave up a star QB but still need a "D". Yeah, we have a bunch of picks but playmakers usually come in early rounds not the late ones.

Oh, please spare giving the exceptions to that rule.

And.................... we ARE NOT New England.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Sanchez and Moreno != LT and Manning

I never said that but as far as we know it's possible.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Greg Paulus:2thumbs::lol: j/k!!

turftoad
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I never said that.

That's what it looks like to me.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 01:37 PM
That's what it looks like to me.

You are drawing conclusions and making assumptions.
Just because I want a top tier RB or QB doesn't mean I believe they will become future HOFers.
I just think that a single RB or QB can make more of an impact on a team than a defensive player.

yardog
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
we had one, he cried like a bitch and decided to take his ball home.

Or we had one and our owner was to stupid to step in and kick him and our new dumb ass coach in the ass. Either way we don't have one know and could be looking for one for the next ten years or so. :tsk: I hope not.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Or we had one and our owner was to stupid to step in and kick him and our new dumb ass coach in the ass. Either way we don't have one know and could be looking for one for the next ten years or so. :tsk: I hope not.

I'd rather look for one now or sooner rather than later.
Orton and Simms just don't inspire much confidence.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
What doesn't inspire me is watching game after game the last some odd years and opposing QBs/RBs abusing the BRONCOS defense. I believe the offense is in good shape.

turftoad
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Exactly.

Thats why we draft "D" this year and add a QB next year when there's a much better crop of quality QB's.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Exactly.

Thats why we draft "D" this year and add a QB next year when there's a much better crop of quality QB's.

That would totally be fine by me as long as it's not Bradford, McCoy, or Tebow.
I'm glad that you agree that we need a QB.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM

Yeah but if we're going to get a Quarterback, we want him to succeed.

Junior quarterbacks NEVER succeed in the NFL (for the most part).

It's a death sentence to McDaniels' job if he drafts Mark Sanchez. I'm all for drafting a quarterback........but like in the 5th at the earliest. Say NO to Sanchez and Stafford!!

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM

It's a death sentence to McDaniels' job if he drafts Mark Sanchez. I'm all for drafting a quarterback........but like in the 5th at the earliest. Say NO to Sanchez and Stafford!!
Clay made a point that drafting a QB may extend McDaniels tenure as he will take time to develop.
Actually games played in college correlates quite well to NFL success. Matt Cassel seems to be an anomaly though.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Clay made a point that drafting a QB may extend McDaniels tenure as he will take time to develop.
Actually games played in college correlates quite well to NFL success. Matt Cassel seems to be an anomaly though.

And that's the reason why we should stay away from Mark Sanchez. 1) He's a junior and 2) He's only started like 13 games.

If you can find me recent examples of successful Junior quarterbacks in the NFL within the last 10 years, I'll commend you :salute:

CPS22
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Heres my opinion, I'm hearing an argument about taking a QB or a RB, First off mine two pics would be Knowshon Moreno at 12 and then Rey Maualuga or Tyson Jackson at 18. And with the QB situation, last year in a 3 game span Kyle Orton was averaging 310 yards per game, had 7 touchdowns to 0 interceptions and had a quarterback rating of 126.8, WITH CHICAGO!!!!! So to me i think that we should not pick a quarterback early and give Orton a chance with a better offense then CHICAGO!!

dogfish
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I want either Raji or Tyson Jackson. If we got both I would probably break my neck doing a back flip. If we get neither, I will probably break a hand punching the wall. I want to send constant subliminal messages to McDaniels and crew, DLine, DLine, DLine...

The other pick I would be ok with a RB, LB (inside or outside), CB, or maybe even a good kick returner WR type. Anything to improve the team. I really hope we don't get a QB as I don't want to undermine Orton before he has a chance to do anything. Also OLine would be a luxury we can't afford.

i'd give a month's pay to see you attempt a back flip. . . . :elefant:

ideally, i want raji at #12 and either tyson jackson, connor barwin, clint sintim or knowshon moreno at #18. . . .

weazel
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM

actually, our owner DID try to contact the player... he wouldn't answer. :Cry:

bullis26
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Patriot way, take later round QB and let them develop, he's not eying sanchez

SmilinAssasSin27
04-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Tyson Jackson and Clint Sintim.

Skinny
04-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I want Curry and Raji. Moreno, Sintim, Jerry, Jenkins, or Barwin are some other players i would like and probably have a better shot at getting.

Maualuga and Jackson are who i think we'll take. They seem to be the favorites anyways.

BroncoNut
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks brother. Have I mentioned how good you look in nuthuggers.

not often enough.

BANJOPICKER1
04-17-2009, 10:18 PM

I read that next year is a QB draft year, why waste a pick this year?:salute:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:beer:

omac
04-17-2009, 11:06 PM
i'd give a month's pay to see you attempt a back flip. . . . :elefant:

ideally, i want raji at #12 and either tyson jackson, connor barwin, clint sintim or knowshon moreno at #18. . . .

A lot are now saying Raji will be gone within the 1st 10 picks. Will you burn an extra pick or trade a player to move up, or just take best defensive player at 12, or reach for next need?

Right now, the teams potentially interested in Raji are Cleveland (if things go south with Rogers and Mangini), Cincy, Oakland, Jacksonville, and Greenbay. That's a whole lot of teams to hope he gets through before the 12th pick. :D

dogfish
04-17-2009, 11:26 PM
A lot are now saying Raji will be gone within the 1st 10 picks. Will you burn an extra pick or trade a player to move up, or just take best defensive player at 12, or reach for next need?

Right now, the teams potentially interested in Raji are Cleveland (if things go south with Rogers and Mangini), Cincy, Oakland, Jacksonville, and Greenbay. That's a whole lot of teams to hope he gets through before the 12th pick. :D

yea, i don't think he's going to be there-- i think he probably goes to JAX at #*. . . . that's why i said "ideally"-- because the question was "who do you want" not "who do you think we get". . . . i think there's a really good chance we take tyson jackson at 12, and i'm fine with that. . . but raji and then everette brown are my top two choices. . . .

Shazam!
04-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Any player not named Sanchez, any QB not named Sanchez, and dealing picks for any player not named Sanchez.

The thought of Denver drafting and committing to him seriously scares me.

Raji would thrill the hell out of me if he is still available, I guess the pot thing hasn't dropped his stock as hoped. Would've been nice.

Mauluga and DJ would look awesome and would be a gift.

At QB, Curtis Painter? Pat White? Graham Harrell? Denver will definitely Draft a QB, but I think they'll look in the late rounds. I think I am just paranoid about the whole Sanchez thing, but QB wasn't a need until weeks ago.

Endzo
04-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Moreno at 12 and Laurinaitis at 18.

That would be ******* awesome.

MOtorboat
04-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Moreno at 12 and Laurinaitis at 18.

That would be ******* awesome.

No.

It would be ******* terrible.

dogfish
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
No.

It would be ******* terrible.

i wouldn't hate knowshon at 12 depending on how the board plays out (i'll take him over sanchez!), but lauranaitis at 18 would be full of fail. . . .

OrangeHoof
04-18-2009, 02:22 PM

How many Super Bowls has Tomlinson played in? How many has Peppers?

OrangeHoof
04-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Personally, I'd be most pleased with Tyson Jackson and Rey Maualuga. Jackson is not a great DE but he has the heft to work in a 3-4 and you'll need to take him with the 12th given how d-linemen are in demand. Maualuga lacks prototype measurables but he has Ray Lewis-like intensity and the Broncos need somebody who puts a little fear in the opposition, something we haven't had since Wilson and Lynch roamed the middle.

turftoad
04-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Personally, I'd be most pleased with Tyson Jackson and Rey Maualuga. Jackson is not a great DE but he has the heft to work in a 3-4 and you'll need to take him with the 12th given how d-linemen are in demand. Maualuga lacks prototype measurables but he has Ray Lewis-like intensity and the Broncos need somebody who puts a little fear in the opposition, something we haven't had since Wilson and Lynch roamed the middle.

Those are the two I want also.