PDA

View Full Version : Dilfer better than Elway? Need some help here.

Drzaius
03-23-2012, 04:42 PM
First time poster long time lurker. Didn't see this posted. For the best team of all time.

Ravens vs Broncos

54 - 46 Ravens are in the lead. We can't let them win please vote.

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?round=4&module=HP11_hot_topics#matchup=2

What I did was click on this link it will open and new tab.

I opened 5 tabs and voted.

and repeat

Go Broncos

Northman
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
That Ravens team was good but without Sharpe they dont make the SB. And Denver had far more balance than the Giants that year.

Drzaius
03-23-2012, 06:13 PM
First time poster long time lurker. Didn't see this posted. For the best team of all time.

Ravens vs Broncos

http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?round=4&module=HP11_hot_topics#matchup=2

and repeat

Go Broncos

Thank you guys for all the effort it's working

Now 53% ravens - 47% BRONCOS

Go Broncos

Cugel
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM

Ravens vs Broncos

and repeat

Go Broncos

The best team of all time was the Joe Montana & Jerry Rice 49ers who beat Elway and the Broncos 55-10. :tsk:

CrazyHorse
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
We beat the Patriots but are going to lose to the Ravens. Just like what happens in real life.

Magnificent Seven
03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Just voted for Broncos '98.

Northman
03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
The best team of all time was the Joe Montana & Jerry Rice 49ers who beat Elway and the Broncos 55-10. :tsk:

Well, but they didnt play the 98 Broncos either. Not sure if we would of won that game anyway but the Bronco team that faced that Niner team was way out of its league.

DenBronx
03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
I can't believe Baltimore is beating us in this vote. The 1998 Broncos would dessssstroy the 2000 Ravens. We would KILL them!!! The Ravens didnt even play any high powered offenses like the 1998 Broncos.

This is were I begin to have a lack of faith in the voting systems. We probably have all of gator nation and tebowmania voting against us.

sneakers
03-24-2012, 12:30 AM
More like the Gayvens

sneakers
03-24-2012, 06:17 AM
52-48% now!

Ravage!!!
03-24-2012, 10:55 AM
The Raven barely be a mediocre Giants team led by Kerry Collins.....another defense team. I labeled that Super Bowl the "Epitome of Mediocrity" back when it was happening. Those were two VERY average teams. Baltimore had a good defense, but it was in a season where NO team had stepped up to prove anything all season long. Terrible year for the NFL.

Medford Bronco
03-24-2012, 04:03 PM
The Raven barely be a mediocre Giants team led by Kerry Collins.....another defense team. I labeled that Super Bowl the "Epitome of Mediocrity" back when it was happening. Those were two VERY average teams. Baltimore had a good defense, but it was in a season where NO team had stepped up to prove anything all season long. Terrible year for the NFL.

The Ravens won 34-7 where their only score given up was a kickoff return. I dont think that is barely winning. Balt had a great defense.

I am not saying the 98 team would not beat them, I think they would. You are talking about the Ravens like they won on a fluke. They did not.

Medford Bronco
03-24-2012, 04:05 PM

They best team of all time in my eyes is either the 1984 49ers who killed Dan Marino led Dophins team 38-16 and lost one game by a FG or
the 85 Bears team that had the best D of all time.

the 1989 49ers were great as welll. This is like semantics IMO.

Ravage!!!
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
The Ravens won 34-7 where their only score given up was a kickoff return. I dont think that is barely winning. Balt had a great defense.

I am not saying the 98 team would not beat them, I think they would. You are talking about the Ravens like they won on a fluke. They did not.

No. I remember a boring Super Bowl with two boring teams at the end. Neither had much of an offense, and both relied on their defense. Neither QB was worth much, and the entire season was a season filled with, at BEST, mediocrity. The Super Bowl just exemplified that with the utmost of examples. The Ravens were NOT a great "Team" that year, they had a very very good defense.

Drzaius
03-26-2012, 02:57 AM

Ravens vs Broncos

and repeat

Go Broncos

Thank You guys a lot we are now down to 51% - 49%

keep it up thanx

sneakers
03-26-2012, 03:39 AM
VOTING ENDS TODAY YOU BUTTSLIMES!

Vote!

chazoe60
03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
I guarantee the 98 Broncos would score a minimum of 17-21 points against that Ravens team and I also guarantee that shitty Ravens offense would not score more than 7. People are flat out stupid if they think that Ravens team was better.

I'll take a well balanced team over a team with one great part and one all time shitty part any day. People also forget how good our defense actually was. Our defense was very good but when your offense is scoring 30 a game sometimes you tend to relax and give up more points than you would if the game was close. Remember how badass our defense was in the playoffs?

Yep, I'm very confident that team would smoke the 2000 Ravens. We might pitch a shutout. Can't win if you can't score.

vandammage13
03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
That Ravens team was good but without Sharpe they dont make the SB. And Denver had far more balance than the Giants that year.

Stokely made some good plays for them too during their run.

Northman
03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Stokely made some good plays for them too during their run.

Not nearly the impact player that Sharpe was. In virtually every game in the playoffs Shannon had one play they changed the course of the game.

hotcarl
03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
voted Tim tebow

Drzaius
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Ravens vs Broncos

and repeat

Go Broncos

This is it guys it ends at 5:00 today

Npba900
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM

Ravens vs Broncos

and repeat

Go Broncos

Dilfer is going into the HOF in 2012!

CrazyHorse
03-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Damn it! The Ravens won. I blame East coast bias. Out of the teams left I think the 1985 Bears are most deserving. I don't want to see a bay area team win.

CrazyHorse
04-16-2012, 03:29 AM
What a joke. The '76 Raiders.

Pudge
04-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Because the Raiders were giving out free people drink for votes

Pudge
04-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Because the Raiders were giving out free people drink for votes

Purple not people

Mannway187
04-16-2012, 05:11 AM

I agree. That year it didn't matter who played the 49ers, they had that offense but even more important their defense that year was probably the best one they ever had. That was the game that started people asking " How many Broncos does it take to change a flat tire? One, unless it's a blowout, then the whole team shows up." I think Elway wanted out of Denver and away from Dan Reeves after that game.