PDA

View Full Version : DEN looking at a trade for RB Jonathan Stewart?

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 03:29 PM
I've been saying this for a while now, and it looks like it very well could happen.

According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet." Mar 23 - 2:57 PMSource: Yahoo Sports
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart/1

Get ready kids, cause a 3rd and a 4th rounder might just get this done.

Thoughts?

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Pass. I can use that 3rd or 4th rounder on a rookie that might be capable of carrying the ball more than 12 times a game without getting injured

Buff
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Won't happen. Running backs have been commoditized to the extent that front offices almost exclusively look to the draft vs. free agency for RBs. I don't see us giving up draft picks for a veteran running back, especially since we already have McGahee.

I see this as nothing more than national writers speculating wildly.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 03:37 PM
i might die if we do this. Seriously, my orgasm would be so strong it would probably stop my heart. Everyone knows Stewie is my fav back in the league- that is not a bronco.

Still I strongly doubt this happens.

cmc0605
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd actually like to see this. He's young, he can consistently get over 4 yards per carry in the long haul, and although he won't touch the ball 20-30 times a game he'd be an excellent addition or replacement to what we have right now...two questionable backs, one in terms of quality (Moreno), and the other in age/durability (McGahee). He also had 47 receptions last season. Manning likes to dump off passes when he can, and it's not like we'll be the team that needs a bruiser back to carry 25 times, since our pass:run ratio is going to higher than in previous seasons.

You can't rely on a 3rd round or 4th round pick to match that ability. Stewart would be the safer option. It would also allow us to focus on just DT and safety in the early draft.

OrangeHoof
03-23-2012, 03:49 PM
If we use the pick we just got from the Jets would that make this essentially a Tebow-for-Stewart trade? I think I'd like that.

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
If it was for the Tebow 4th i would like it for that reason alone. Add a 2013 3rd, and its well worth it.
Then DEN could just draft a bunch of DTs with their other picks! LOL!

Medford Bronco
03-23-2012, 03:56 PM
i might die if we do this. Seriously, my orgasm would be so strong it would probably stop my heart. Everyone knows Stewie is my fav back in the league- that is not a bronco.

You better get a xtra large condom
Then :lol:

Seriosly good move if so.

weazel
03-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I dont know if this would be that great of a pickup to be honest

Northman
03-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I've been saying this for a while now, and it looks like it very well could happen.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart/1

Get ready kids, cause a 3rd and a 4th rounder might just get this done.

Thoughts?

Pass. I can use that 3rd or 4th rounder on a rookie that might be capable of carrying the ball more than 12 times a game without getting injured

Wouldnt hate it but the injury history is a little worriesome. I do think we need to get some fresh legs in there but i wouldnt be pissed if we got Stewart.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 04:33 PM
IIRC stewie has missed no more time over the years, then mcgahee...I think he gets dinged up with minor things a fair amount, mostly his ankle, but I do not believe he actually misses a lot of games....I do not know for sure though as I dont follow Car all that much.

Northman
03-23-2012, 04:46 PM
IIRC stewie has missed no more time over the years, then mcgahee...I think he gets dinged up with minor things a fair amount, mostly his ankle, but I do not believe he actually misses a lot of games....I do not know for sure though as I dont follow Car all that much.

Well, i wasnt really comparing him to McGahee although Willis did play 13 games this past year. Stewie played in 3 and 13 in the last 4 years (as a starter) so to me he hasnt really been able to stay healthy. Didnt he have injury problems in College or am i thinking of someone else? He was an Oregon Duck no?

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, i wasnt really comparing him to McGahee although Willis did play 13 games this past year. Stewie played in 3 and 13 in the last 4 years (as a starter) so to me he hasnt really been able to stay healthy. Didnt he have injury problems in College or am i thinking of someone else? He was an Oregon Duck no?

I dont think he has had any major injury issues. Just nicked up.
All NFL players get nicked up, its ending up like Forte or Mendenhall that we want our RBs to avoid.
A McGahee/ Stewart tandem would make for a very potent offense. Add JJ in there, and we got a serious ground game.

Northman
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
I dont think he has had any major injury issues. Just nicked up.
All NFL players get nicked up, its ending up like Forte or Mendenhall that we want our RBs to avoid.
A McGahee/ Stewart tandem would make for a very potent offense. Add JJ in there, and we got a serious ground game.

On paper i would say yes. But only 13 games in 4 years as the primary split back with Williams. Thats not a very good sign and gives me a lot of pause. When healthy i like his production but maybe like Willis he comes here and contributes more than he did in Carolina.

Ziggy
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Without him agreeing to a new contract as part of the trade, it's not worth the risk. He'll be an UFA after the season.

Buff
03-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Without him agreeing to a new contract as part of the trade, it's not worth the risk. He'll be an UFA after the season.

And it's typically not worth giving the RB a payday on his second contract. Certainly not worth giving up draft picks and big $$ IMO.

topscribe
03-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes Weaz, but a lot of people didn't think McGahee was that good of a pickup. How did that work out?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 05:25 PM
NFL.com has him only missing 2 games in his career???

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I love Stewart. Was a beast out of HS and hasn't slowed down. Has a rep for often being hurt, but has only missed 2 games. RBBC since he was drafted, so the freshness should be there. If we could use a mid round pick...this is a steal.

WARHORSE
03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
As long as he doesnt break the bank............

turftoad
03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I think It'd be a great pick up/trade. I don't think we'd expect him to carry the whole load. He's better than McGahee is and a lot younger. When healthy the guy is a beast and worth at least a third all day long.
Maybe we give them DJ and the sixth we got from the Jets. Wishful thinking. :D

WARHORSE
03-23-2012, 05:49 PM
His ypc is awesome. He can catch out of the backfield.

And Im not worried that theres a deficiency in his game that we dont know about, or any character issues cause Fox knows him.

5.4 ypc in Carolina.

Id love to see him duplicate that here for Peyton and the Denver Broncos.

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
The Bears just got a pro bowl receiver for two 3rds. Yes, Jeff Ireland is an idiot, but im not giving up 2 picks or a pick and a player for a 10 carry back

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 05:52 PM
His ypc is awesome. He can catch out of the backfield.

And Im not worried that theres a deficiency in his game that we dont know about, or any character issues cause Fox knows him.

5.4 ypc in Carolina.

Id love to see him duplicate that here for Peyton and the Denver Broncos.

DeAngelo's contract is too big to deal and JS's contract will be up after this year (or next). I think that's what this is about.

Cugel
03-23-2012, 06:30 PM

Agreed. Are all the people here crazy or am I missing something? Why would the Broncos give up 2 draft picks they desperately need for a RB? They can get a RB in the draft! That's the one position where a rookie can start and make an immediate impact.

And remember that the Broncos found Peyton Hillis in the 7th round. And Ryan Torain was drafted in the 5th. You can get later round RBs who don't have great speed but are perfectly usable. You don't have to waste TWO draft picks to get one when they have glaring needs at C, G, QB, WR, S, LB and especially DT.

They need every pick they can get. They can't afford to throw them away. And unless they have given up on Moreno (and I wouldn't blame them if they did) they should probably think about signing a FA or drafting a RB (just not in the first or second round).

underrated29
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
The Bears just got a pro bowl receiver for two 3rds. Yes, Jeff Ireland is an idiot, but im not giving up 2 picks or a pick and a player for a 10 carry back

He is more than that. He would instantly bump mcgahee, knowshon and everyone else on our roster for #1.--now if you mean 10 carries because we are going to split 1a and 1b carries and not run as much because peyton that makes sense, but fox I think still wants to ground and pound and stewie is way stronger than mcgahee and faster....I freaking love this guy. I would give a 3rd for him, perhaps a 2nd...

Just for argument sakes, which 3rd back, that realistically would be there would you take over stewie? Polk?--I dont know the other players yet as I have not had time to do my draft prep homework yet this year, but I cant imagine there are many, if any.

Cugel
03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes Weaz, but a lot of people didn't think McGahee was that good of a pickup. How did that work out?

But McGahee was a FA. He didn't cost us any draft picks! They should look for a FA running back or draft one, not trade for one!

If they were going to trade for anything it should be a C or G!! (Can't see them trading for a DT who's any good).

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 06:44 PM
He is more than that. He would instantly bump mcgahee, knowshon and everyone else on our roster for #1.--now if you mean 10 carries because we are going to split 1a and 1b carries and not run as much because peyton that makes sense, but fox I think still wants to ground and pound and stewie is way stronger than mcgahee and faster....I freaking love this guy. I would give a 3rd for him, perhaps a 2nd...

Just for argument sakes, which 3rd back, that realistically would be there would you take over stewie? Polk?--I dont know the other players yet as I have not had time to do my draft prep homework yet this year, but I cant imagine there are many, if any.

RBs who COULD make it to the 3rd round...Isaiah Pead, LaMichael James, Bernard Pierce, Cyrus Gray, Robert Turbin, Vick Ballard. None are as talented as Stewart, but all will be fresher and cheaper. I'd give a 3rd or a 4th...and stil draft a guy like Pead or James.

bcbronc
03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd love to have Stewart on this team. But I also agree completely that there's no way I'd give up 2 picks for him. If the price is a 4th, I do it. If it's a 3rd, I'd have to break down the RBs that should/could be available at that pick.

Stewart and McGahee would rotate in and out every few carries, Moreno in a 3rd down role, and a 4th speed back (JJ or the ilk); with Manning under centre that's a backfield I can live with. Have another guy or two stashed on the PS though, cuz there's a high likelihood at least one of those guys ends the season in IR.

Simple Jaded
03-23-2012, 07:03 PM

I can't think of a single negative to Jonathan Stewart becoming a Bronco, especially for a 2nd to 4th round draft pick. You will not find a player this good outside of the 1st round.......

Cugel
03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
I can't think of a single negative to Jonathan Stewart becoming a Bronco, especially for a 2nd to 4th round draft pick. You will not find a player this good outside of the 1st round.......

It's just a question of other needs. I'm not knocking Stewart. I'm saying OG, C, DT, S, LB are bigger needs. Especially when they can find RBs in the 5th and 7th round who are perfectly good. (Ex: Torain and Hillis).

It just isn't true that you need to use a 1st to 3rd round pick on a RB. RB in fact is a position where you can sometimes find useful talent among the undrafted FAs. That NEVER happens with DTs for instance.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 07:16 PM
except Torain and Hillis aren't "perfectly good". Torain han't been healthy since jr high and Hillis is a head case who had 1 good year...likely due to his steroid use.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM

I'd actually prefer Lamar Miller or DOug Martin.

bcbronc
03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
It's just a question of other needs. I'm not knocking Stewart. I'm saying OG, C, DT, S, LB are bigger needs. Especially when they can find RBs in the 5th and 7th round who are perfectly good. (Ex: Torain and Hillis).

It just isn't true that you need to use a 1st to 3rd round pick on a RB. RB in fact is a position where you can sometimes find useful talent among the undrafted FAs. That NEVER happens with DTs for instance.

Thing is, imo RB is a huge need even with Manning. It is possible to get good to great backs in later rounds, which is the #1 reason I'm not big on going after big ticket UFA RBs. But it's not a guarantee. Look at Torrain, how many years did it take for him to stay healthy for a season so he could be productive?

Look at the RBs taken last year in RD4:

Roy Helu (WAS): 151 carries, 650 yards
Kendall Hunter (SF): 112 carries, 473 yards
Delone Carter (IND): 101 carries, 377 yards
Taiwan Jones (OAK): 16 carries, 73 yards
Bilal Powell (NYJ): 13 carries, 21 yards
Jamie Harper (TEN): 17 carries, 44 yards

So yeah, you can get good guys later in the draft. And the 4th round always seems to be a real value round for RBs. We have the Jets 16th pick in that round, last year Helu went 8th and Hunter went 18th. Thing is, if you believe like I do that we need to upgrade the #1 RB (I don't believe McGahee can handle the amount of touches he got last year again), you either do that with a 1st or 2nd rounder, take a RB late in the draft and keep our fingers crossed, or move a pick for a guy like Stewart. If we're in "win now" mode with PM, getting Stewart (who has only had one 200+ touch season to date, so he's still pretty fresh) gives you a known quantity and lets our 1 and 2 picks be used on defense.

and edit: Stewart is much better than either Hillis or Torrain as well.

dogfish
03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
for a 4th? absolutely. . . anything more, no. . .

He is more than that. He would instantly bump mcgahee, knowshon and everyone else on our roster for #1

and then he would instantly get turf toe and miss training camp. . . :laugh:

i'm with coach. . . dude has always been dogged by injuries-- he's not a guy that can survive as a workhorse. . . i'd rather spend a pick on doug martin or chris polk, and hopefully get a kid that can take over for mcgahee sometime soon. . . stewart is a nice complementary back, but i'm afraid that's all he'll ever be. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
As much as you CAN get a RB sleeper in later rounds, it's still one hell of a crapshoot. For all of your Arian Fosters, there are 10 Tashard Choices. Ya still have to guess right. At least we KNOW JStew can play.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
7:22PMest:3/23/12:**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Sources: We have 5 teams that have called about Jonathan Stewart (RB - Panthers) the most interested teams so far are the Broncos (Offering 3rd & another later pick) & now the Browns, who jumped in the past 24hours.. Cleveland also has interest in Forte but the price is still a little high so they are giving themselves multiple options at this point. The other 3 teams are - Giants / Patriots / Steelers (Pittsburgh loves him) but are being held hostage by the Wallace contract talks..

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
If Pitt, NE and NYG are interested...that's good enough for me.

G_Money
03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
What kind of back are we looking for with Manning?

Good pass-blocker, good hands, can run aggressively but not especially often (Addai never ran it more than 261 times in Indy), don't fumble.

J-Stew caught 47 balls at 9 yards a clip last year, fumbled once, can pass-protect, and can handle complicated offenses from Kelly so Manning's shouldn't demolish him.

We'd need other backs because the one thing Stewart can't do is stay healthy. Didn't in college, hasn't in the pros.

Neither did Fred Taylor he was a helluva RB with a long career (if not always long seasons). When Stewart is on the field he's very good. And since most every team goes RBBC now I would absolutely take Stewart for a mid-round draft pick, assuming he wants and would sign an extension.

Stewart + McGahee + a scatback should do everything Manning wants done.

Though I suppose Jeremiah Johnson might get more play here if we don't look at Stewart. I'm not opposed to J-Stew by any means, though.

~G

slim
03-23-2012, 08:22 PM
That is a terrible idea.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 08:34 PM
7:22PMest:3/23/12:**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Sources: We have 5 teams that have called about Jonathan Stewart (RB - Panthers) the most interested teams so far are the Broncos (Offering 3rd & another later pick) & now the Browns, who jumped in the past 24hours.. Cleveland also has interest in Forte but the price is still a little high so they are giving themselves multiple options at this point. The other 3 teams are - Giants / Patriots / Steelers (Pittsburgh loves him) but are being held hostage by the Wallace contract talks..

Omg....please let it be so with us. I have said for two years I would love to get him, but manning and stevie in the same year!!!

Call us team crutches or the Denver ERs, I don't care, I know my studs and Stewart and manning would IMO allow us to ride all the way to the top.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah and I've had him in my avatar for a while, this would be terrific as I would not have to go through the anguish of changing my avatar later.

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 08:52 PM
No fukking way I give up 2 picks for him. He's nor worth the 3rd, let alone an additional pick. If Elway does this, I will be pissed.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 08:59 PM
No fukking way I give up 2 picks for him. He's nor worth the 3rd, let alone an additional pick. If Elway does this, I will be pissed.

Disagree. If Jonathan was in this draft he would likely go ahead of Trent. If not he would be just behind him. Stewie does have the injury thing but as noted he always plays through them and has only missed two games in his career. If we could get a fourth for knowshon I'd gladly give a 3rd and garbage pick for stewart

dogfish
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Omg....please let it be so with us. I have said for two years I would love to get him, but manning and stevie in the same year!!!

Call us team crutches or the Denver ERs, I don't care, I know my studs and Stewart and manning would IMO allow us to ride all the way to the top.

if you get an erection that lasts more than four hours, remember to call your doctor. . .

:heh:

dogfish
03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
also, the writing is on the wall-- we're almost definitely going O-line with one of our first two picks, especially if we do pull this off. . . it's about the only level we haven't addressed at all. . . mike adams, cordy glenn, jonathon martin, possibly konz if we don't sign a center-- i think there's a very high probability of one of those large gentlemen becoming a bronco. . .

and while i like stewart, he's a guy i'd like here a lot more if we didn't have an injury-prone, older guy as our top back-- the chance that both of them could be hurt at some point is a real concern. . . granted, we can also be a rugged power-running squad when they're both healthy. . . who knows how often that will be, though-- it's a bit of a roll of the dice. . .

it could pay off big time if it works. . . what i don't really understand, though, is why you'd give up multiple picks for J-stew when you could have signed any of michael bush, mike tolbert or benjarvus green-ellis to a fairly reasonable deal without giving up any picks. . . although stewart is the youngest and most talented of the backs, i'm not at all sold that he's better than one of the free agent backs plus brandon washington, chris polk, kirk cousins, isiah pead, chris givens, minnifield, or a number of LBs who might be available there. . . not to mention another prospect. . .

oh well. . . at least stewart isn't old, and he doesn't suck-- so there's that, and it is significant. . . i'm not going to complain too much if they acquire talented guys. . . maybe the new S+C staff can do a better job keeping players healthy than the previous bunglers. . . it's not like the bar's set very high-- more like midget limbo. . .

as to the question of what type of back we're looking for. . . who's the best back manning's ever played with, the perfect fit for that offense?

we're looking for a young edgerrin james. . .

:salute:

Canmore
03-23-2012, 09:33 PM
also, the writing is on the wall-- we're almost definitely going O-line with one of our first two picks, especially if we do pull this off. . . it's about the only level we haven't addressed at all. . . mike adams, cordy glenn, jonathon martin, possibly konz if we don't sign a center-- i think there's a very high probability of one of those large gentlemen becoming a bronco. . .

and while i like stewart, he's a guy i'd like here a lot more if we didn't have an injury-prone, older guy as our top back-- the chance that both of them could be hurt at some point is a real concern. . . granted, we can also be a rugged power-running squad when they're both healthy. . . who knows how often that will be, though-- it's a bit of a roll of the dice. . .

it could pay off big time if it works. . . what i don't really understand, though, is why you'd give up multiple picks for J-stew when you could have signed any of michael bush, mike tolbert or benjarvus green-ellis to a fairly reasonable deal without giving up any picks. . . although stewart is the youngest and most talented of the backs, i'm not at all sold that he's better than one of the free agent backs plus brandon washington, chris polk, kirk cousins, isiah pead, chris givens, minnifield, or a number of LBs who might be available there. . . not to mention another prospect. . .

oh well. . . at least stewart isn't old, and he doesn't suck-- so there's that, and it is significant. . . i'm not going to complain too much if they acquire talented guys. . . maybe the new S+C staff can do a better job keeping players healthy than the previous bunglers. . . it's not like the bar's set very high-- more like midget limbo. . .

as to the question of what type of back we're looking for. . . who's the best back manning's ever played with, the perfect fit for that offense?

Midget limbo! Previous bunglers! Lol. We can't do any worse in that department, knocking on wood.

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Disagree. If Jonathan was in this draft he would likely go ahead of Trent. If not he would be just behind him. Stewie does have the injury thing but as noted he always plays through them and has only missed two games in his career. If we could get a fourth for knowshon I'd gladly give a 3rd and garbage pick for stewart

Agree to disagree

underrated29
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Agree to disagree

No fun

G_Money
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM

I don't care as much whether we sign Saturday or draft Konz or trade picks for Stewart or use picks for Martin.

I just want to add talent. We need at minimum a RB, at least one OL, a WR, 2+ DTs, yet another CB, and some other things.

We can't get it all in FA and we can't get it all in the draft or trades. But we damn well CAN get it all - certainly enough to significantly impact our team - through judicious application of all those things.

As long as the Broncos are willing to do that I won't argue too hard on the specifics. J-Stew or Martin or some other plan entirely, the point is to add a back to address a deficiency and move on to the next deficiency. :salute:

~G

underrated29
03-23-2012, 10:02 PM

No one will like this but the closest back that we have or can have to Edge is knowshon Moreno, IMO he is a real close, less powerful copy.....and knowshon is a vagina. But he is pretty close in terms of skill to edge, ESP with manning.

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Why is Carolina willing to part with Stewart?

underrated29
03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Why is Carolina willing to part with Stewart?

They have deangelo Williams to a retarded contract, plus they just signed Tolbert, they also have that other back who filled in nicely, but I don't remember his name. Stevie is a FA next year and they can't give him the contract that he would garner so he would walk in FA. This way they will get a pick or two.

underrated29
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Stewie. You piece of shit autocorrect. Stewie

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
They have deangelo Williams to a retarded contract, plus they just signed Tolbert, they also have that other back who filled in nicely, but I don't remember his name. Stevie is a FA next year and they can't give him the contract that he would garner so he would walk in FA. This way they will get a pick or two.

I guess that makes the next question are we going to pay him, and that is the same question I have with Tracy Porter. One year rentals don't seem to be the way to build.

Dzone
03-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Stewart has at least proven to be able to make it through a game without getting hurt, unlike the worst 12th overall pick of all time, Moreno. Moreno has "trashed" on his licence plates and loser tattooed on his forehead.
BTW, is Moreno going to get any suspension over that DUI? Not that it would even matter

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Stewart has at least proven to be able to make it through a game without getting hurt, unlike the worst 12th overall pick of all time, Moreno. Moreno has "trashed" on his licence plates and loser tattooed on his forehead

I thought that was BUST on his forehead.

Dzone
03-23-2012, 10:19 PM
I thought that was BUST on his forehead.
Yes, I think youre right. I think he should add the word "COLOSSAL" in front of BUST. Its disgusting to think of who we could have picked instead. Oh well, tyhats football

I added the DUI question to my post. I wonder if Knowshon will be a NO SHOW for 2-4 games. thats nothing new

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Yes, I think youre right. I think he should add the word "COLOSSAL" in front of BUST. Its disgusting to think of who we could have picked instead. Oh well, tyhats football

I added the DUI question to my post. I wonder if Knowshon will be a NO SHOW for 2-4 games. thats nothing new

It's his first run in with the league. I believe that means he just get's put in the substance abuse program. I guess we will have to read the box score to see if he played. Using the eye test is a fail.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Can we get the 3rd back for him??? :lol:

slim
03-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Why would anyone give us anything for noshow?

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM

I'd take a 6-pack and a pizza!

Dzone
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Knowshon Moreno could look absolutely amazing for a couple plays, then he blows an engine. He has genetically weak connective tissue.
The problem with older running backs like Mcgahee is that once they hit the proverbial wall, they become virtually useless. How many more games does Mcgahee have left in him? We need at least 2 new running backs in the stable. We had that rookie last year, I cant remember his name. He got hurt, but looked pretty good for a few days in TC.
Then there is Jeremiah Johnson, not sure how good he is.
I hope we can get Stewart for a decent price

Canmore
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Knowshon Moreno could look absolutely amazing for a couple plays, then he blows an engine. He has genetically weak connective tissue.
The problem with older running backs like Mcgahee is that once they hit the proverbial wall, they become virtually useless. How many more games does Mcgahee have left in him? We need at least 2 new running backs in the stable. We had that rookie last year, I cant remember his name. He got hurt, but looked pretty good for a few days in TC.
Then there is Jeremiah Johnson, not sure how good he is.
I hope we can get Stewart for a decent price

I'm excited about the prospect of Jonathan Stewart, but if we are going to make a trade for him, it better be more than one year. Team him with McGahee and get a decent third-down back.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-23-2012, 10:59 PM

You did see the smiley right??? I think you're stiffening up into your buddy Merril... :D

DenBronx
03-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Unlike most of the pundits and bigots in this thread I think it's a great idea. Especially if we want to win now. We have a 3-5 year window to win a SB and we need experienced veterans that will fit within that window. Stewart has already proved he can put up numbers in the NFL with a Deangelo Williams taking away alot of his snaps. He is a bruiser and can pound the rock. What would a 3rd rounder hurt? Nothing at all. Our 3rd and 4th rounders havent been eye popping by any means. I would rather have the for sure thing and get a guy like Stewart.

Thank GOD some of these board members will never have anything to do with running my Broncos because it would be disaster!!!

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Unlike most of the pundits and bigots in this thread I think it's a great idea. Especially if we want to win now. We have a 3-5 year window to win a SB and we need experienced veterans that will fit within that window. Stewart has already proved he can put up numbers in the NFL with a Deangelo Williams taking away alot of his snaps. He is a bruiser and can pound the rock. What would a 3rd rounder hurt? Nothing at all. Our 3rd and 4th rounders havent been eye popping by any means. I would rather have the for sure thing and get a guy like Stewart.

Thank GOD some of these board members will never have anything to do with running my Broncos because it would be disaster!!!

The ones that would sign any big name to ridiculous contracts or the ones that wouldnt give up a few picks for 1 year of a running back that cant handle more than a dozen plays a game?

DenBronx
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
The ones that would sign any big name to ridiculous contracts or the ones that wouldnt give up a few picks for 1 year of a running back that cant handle more than a dozen plays a game?

I think Stewart is capable of carrying the whole load and that's why I think he's worth a 3rd or 4th.

We could of course get another old vet like Cedric Benson but Stewart is only 25 and provides a redzone threat or can carry the whole load of McGahee went down to injury.

CoachChaz
03-24-2012, 12:02 AM
I think Stewart is capable of carrying the whole load and that's why I think he's worth a 3rd or 4th.

We could of course get another old vet like Cedric Benson but Stewart is only 25 and provides a redzone threat or can carry the whole load of McGahee went down to injury.

I think its a coin toss between trading a 3rd for him and drafting someone. What turns me off is he could be a rental. How many top backs want to play in an offense that runs 30% of the time and has 2 other backs getting play time?

CoachChaz
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM

I think its a coin toss between trading a 3rd for him and drafting someone. What turns me off is he could be a rental. How many top backs want to play in an offense that runs 30% of the time and has 2 other backs getting play time?

Papa-pwn
03-24-2012, 01:11 AM
A 3rd and a 4th for Stewart would be an absolute steal. And to those calling it a rental, don't be so ignorant. The Broncos would obviously need a contract to be agreed upon in able to make this trade. They wouldn't trade for him if they knew he would bolt right after this year.

He's a stud, he's missed 2 games in 4 years, and I fully expect us to trade for him.

Now with that said, Knowshon gets way more hate than he deserves.

NightTerror218
03-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Trade Goodman for him?:D

CoachChaz
03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
A 3rd and a 4th for Stewart would be an absolute steal. And to those calling it a rental, don't be so ignorant. The Broncos would obviously need a contract to be agreed upon in able to make this trade. They wouldn't trade for him if they knew he would bolt right after this year.

He's a stud, he's missed 2 games in 4 years, and I fully expect us to trade for him.

If his agent is smart he wont let him. Why sign long term when you can be a FA after a year and dictate your price in a weak group of RBs.

Not to mention, we arent the only team considering his services. Better teams that dont need as much helpfrom the draft are in on this as well.

3rd and 4th is too much. Thats almost the price for a pro bowl WR

underrated29
03-24-2012, 03:00 AM

I love everything about this post but, we did trade for bunkley and we let him walk this year.......just sayin. Otherwise I agree with all the above.

I seriously think me and bosshog are stewies biggest fans....man I want us to get him. The circle will be complete, and the empire will fall.

sneakers
03-24-2012, 06:14 AM
He's only 25? I must be thinking of someone else.

shank
03-24-2012, 11:51 AM
3 and 4 is steep, but could very well be worth it. i wanted stewart bad out of college. him as the every down and knomo as a 3rd down back would be a nice combo. mcgahee splitting with jstew to keep fresh. i like.

Ziggy
03-24-2012, 02:30 PM
If Stewart would agree to a new contract as part of the trade, a 3rd and 4th would be a steal. He would immediately be a proven NFL commodity and a starter at a position of need. You don't get that guaruntee when you draft anyone. Draft picks are great, but proven commodities are better.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-24-2012, 03:00 PM
If Stewart would agree to a new contract as part of the trade, a 3rd and 4th would be a steal. He would immediately be a proven NFL commodity and a starter at a position of need. You don't get that guaruntee when you draft anyone. Draft picks are great, but proven commodities are better.

Indeed, we have an extra 4th anyway & we'd never get anyone better in the 3rd and we really need to use the first two picks in other ways.

Elevation inc
03-24-2012, 05:00 PM
I would get stewart if it would only cost us a 4th which it wont, so i say no....I would much rather have Doug martin or david wilson in the draft and i guarentee we are targeting both those backs......

SpringsBroncoFan
03-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I would get stewart if it would only cost us a 4th which it wont, so i say no....I would much rather have Doug martin or david wilson in the draft and i guarentee we are targeting both those backs......

I think that if we were going to upgrade Franklin we would have gone after Winston but we still might go OL with Konz or Glenn so I just don't see a T anymore, not even one in the 2nd...

If we pass on Stewart which is certainly possible since there are reportedly 5 teams involved with GB one I think we could burn a 4th by tendering Sammie Lee Hill and wait out Detroit. If we get Hill then yes I'd say those would be the main targets, although if Wright is sitting there ... who knows...

underrated29
03-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Stewie!!!!!!!!!

Mannway187
03-25-2012, 04:54 AM
If Stewart can catch how can we pass him up. Then we can dump Knowsho since he can't pick up the blitz and he hasn't been able to finish a full season yet. Stewart could cut down his little nagging injuries because he wouldn't be required to run the ball up the middle. Then we can still pick up a couple backs thru the draft and maybe a CFA. We aren't going to be running the ball as much as we have been with Manning anyway. Fox himself said we were going to take advantage of the thin mile high air by making the defense run alot. Most of our rushing yards will come in the fourth quarter after the defense is tired and were running out the clock. Then we will need a back that doesn't put the ball on the ground. And Stewart doesn't fumble. So if we have a chance hell yes get him in here.

Canmore
03-25-2012, 05:01 AM
If Stewart can catch how can we pass him up. Then we can dump Knowsho since he can't pick up the blitz and he hasn't been able to finish a full season yet. Stewart could cut down his little nagging injuries because he wouldn't be required to run the ball up the middle. Then we can still pick up a couple backs thru the draft and maybe a CFA. We aren't going to be running the ball as much as we have been with Manning anyway. Fox himself said we were going to take advantage of the thin mile high air by making the defense run alot. Most of our rushing yards will come in the fourth quarter after the defense is tired and were running out the clock. Then we will need a back that doesn't put the ball on the ground. And Stewart doesn't fumble. So if we have a chance hell yes get him in here.

I'd love to have Stewart. I don't know if this is going to happen though.

underrated29
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM

Knowshons is actually a great blocker and blitz pickup. Prob the best on the team.

Stewart would def be running up the middle. He is a tank with a Ferrari engine. He can get to the edge but he can also pound and run through tackles up the middle.

If we had Stewart, knowshon, McGhee, fannin, and ( Chris Rainey) I hope....we will not need anymore backs. That is plenty. When teams are tired of chasing knowshon and mannings passes all game. We run right at them withmstewart and beat them down. No one can stop that

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
lol

HORSEPOWER 56
03-25-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd rather spend one of our 4ths trading for Sammie Lee Hill than spend it on Stewart. Make no mistake, Stewart is one of the best out there when he's not hurt and I'd love to have him, but I don't think we need him to be a Championship caliber team. Manning will need a defense that can stop the run if we hope to keep him and the offense on the field and scoring points.

Stewart would be a fantastic luxury for our offense, but I still worry about our post-season defense. Even with Manning, Stewart, and our WRs and TEs, I just don't see us hanging 45 points on people in the playoffs. The Pats did that to us because of our defensive ineptitude...

Canmore
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd rather spend one of our 4ths trading for Sammie Lee Hill than spend it on Stewart. Make no mistake, Stewart is one of the best out there when he's not hurt and I'd love to have him, but I don't think we need him to be a Championship caliber team. Manning will need a defense that can stop the run if we hope to keep him and the offense on the field and scoring points.

Stewart would be a fantastic luxury for our offense, but I still worry about our post-season defense. Even with Manning, Stewart, and our WRs and TEs, I just don't see us hanging 45 points on people in the playoffs. The Pats did that to us because of our defensive ineptitude...

Our offensive ineptitude played a part.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Our offensive ineptitude played a part.

True, but no offense scores on every possession and all offenses need help to at least keep the score close. How many stops did the defense make when New England had the ball in the playoffs? The game was over by halftime because we couldn't stop them. We need to surround Manning with a defense (at least a respectable one) and running game, just like we did Elway late in his career, if this sudden "all or nothing" plan of ours is going to work.

Manning had very little help from his defense during his time as a Colt, hence why he has only one ring. Wouldn't it be nice not to have everything rest on his huge melon and golden right arm?

Canmore
03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
True, but no offense scores on every possession and all offenses need help to at least keep the score close. How many stops did the defense make when New England had the ball in the playoffs? The game was over by halftime because we couldn't stop them. We need to surround Manning with a defense (at least a respectable one) and running game, just like we did Elway late in his career, if this sudden "all or nothing" plan of ours is going to work.

Manning had very little help from his defense during his time as a Colt, hence why he has only one ring. Wouldn't it be nice not to have everything rest on his huge melon and golden right arm?

I'm not disagreeing. I see the same hole you do. We have a number of spots still to address. Both lines look suspect to me.

hotcarl
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
dried cranberry chicken tomato and celery with wosme MAEEEEEEEERGGGERRR OINEEEE ofor a healthhy **** in break fast SHHTCHILLDrenb of the 98 cvorG

701Bronco
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
dried cranberry chicken tomato and celery with wosme MAEEEEEEEERGGGERRR OINEEEE ofor a healthhy **** in break fast SHHTCHILLDrenb of the 98 cvorG

Exactly. delicious as shit

tubby
03-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Somewhere Bosshogg is spankin it to the idea of Stewart landing in Denver.

dogfish
03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
the panthers just traded third RB mike goodson to the faders (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/panthers-trade-mike-goodson-to-raiders-for-bruce-campbell/)

you can't say for sure, but i wouldn't think this increases the odds that they move stewart also. . .

Slick
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM

If Stewart is this man child you claim he is why did the Panthers sign Tolbert and start shopping him(stewart)?

If his agent is smart he wont let him. Why sign long term when you can be a FA after a year and dictate your price in a weak group of RBs.

Not to mention, we arent the only team considering his services. Better teams that dont need as much helpfrom the draft are in on this as well.

3rd and 4th is too much. Thats almost the price for a pro bowl WR

I agree with you on this Coach, but using Marshall as an example doesn't do much for your argument. He doesn't hold quite the same value as a pro bowl WR who keeps his nose clean off the field.

SOCALORADO.
03-30-2012, 04:25 PM
the panthers just traded third RB mike goodson to the faders (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/panthers-trade-mike-goodson-to-raiders-for-bruce-campbell/)

you can't say for sure, but i wouldn't think this increases the odds that they move stewart also. . .

Not really. CAR can just draft a RB late in the draft, and would be a cheaper and more than adaquate 3rd RB on their roster. CAR is trying dump old contracts, and bring in fresh blood. They wont be able to keep JStew from walking at seasons end, and theres just no way in hell they can afford to keep him . Not after signing DWill a year ago to a 40 mill deal, and signing MTolbert in FA. So getting a draft pick(s) for JStew now still makes plenty of sense and i have no doubt that either by the draft or on draft day JStew will be a bronco. JMHO.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
If Stewart is this man child you claim he is why did the Panthers sign Tolbert and start shopping him(stewart)?

I agree with you on this Coach, but using Marshall as an example doesn't do much for your argument. He doesn't hold quite the same value as a pro bowl WR who keeps his nose clean off the field.

Tolbert will be used at FB, according to the coaches.

Cugel
03-30-2012, 07:16 PM
for a 4th? absolutely. . . anything more, no. . .

and then he would instantly get turf toe and miss training camp. . . :laugh:

i'm with coach. . . dude has always been dogged by injuries-- he's not a guy that can survive as a workhorse. . . i'd rather spend a pick on doug martin or chris polk, and hopefully get a kid that can take over for mcgahee sometime soon. . . stewart is a nice complementary back, but i'm afraid that's all he'll ever be. . .

I'm not knocking Stewart's talent. He can catch a pass. He caught 47 last season. But he's started exactly 13 games out of 62 he's played. He had ONE season with 1,100 yards and every other it's been around 750.

Started 3 games his first two seasons. With a history that suggests he'd be better in rotation. You better not give him a huge contract and depend on him to be your rock solid #1 RB, because he's never been that.

And as for trading 2 draft picks for him? No. :coffee:

Yes, he's been behind DeAngelo Williams, but Williams isn't really great. (He didn't get 1000 yards eitherand he can't catch passes).

I'm betting that if they bring him in here and team him with McGahee he'd get around 800 yards. For a 3rd and 4th? Pass.

Cugel
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Not really. CAR can just draft a RB late in the draft, and would be a cheaper and more than adaquate 3rd RB on their roster. CAR is trying dump old contracts, and bring in fresh blood. They wont be able to keep JStew from walking at seasons end, and theres just no way in hell they can afford to keep him . Not after signing DWill a year ago to a 40 mill deal, and signing MTolbert in FA. So getting a draft pick(s) for JStew now still makes plenty of sense and i have no doubt that either by the draft or on draft day JStew will be a bronco. JMHO.

Carolina is stuck overpaying for DeAngelo Williams. That contract is way out of line $43 million with $21 million guaranteed). So, they probably want to get rid of Stewart and get someone who will be a cheaper backup -- which they can do in the draft. Stewart got 761 yards last year and started 3 games. They can replace that easy enough

Simple Jaded
03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Talent-wise Stewart is a Top10 RB, imo, and an obscene waste of talent. Whatever player you think you're getting with these draft picks would have a hard time making the same kind of impact. A 2nd round pick would be a steal. Cancel Christmas.......

CoachChaz
03-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Talent-wise Stewart is a Top10 RB, imo, and an obscene waste of talent. Whatever player you think you're getting with these draft picks would have a hard time making the same kind of impact. A 2nd round pick would be a steal. Cancel Christmas.......

Tip 10? While thats not really saying much, im still curious as to what hes done to earn that title.

Nomad
03-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Tip 10? While thats not really saying much, im still curious as to what hes done to earn that title.

Still living off his rep from his Oregon days

turftoad
03-31-2012, 10:23 AM

IMO, when he hasn't had to split carries with Williams he's put up some really good numbers. I think he'd be a beast as a #1 back which he would be in Denver. I'd still use McGahee along with him to try to keep them both healthy.

CoachChaz
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM

IMO, when he hasn't had to split carries with Williams he's put up some really good numbers. I think he'd be a beast as a #1 back which he would be in Denver. I'd still use McGahee along with him to try to keep them both healthy.

Here's my problem. If your performance is a projection based on "IF", then you are not yet a top 10 RB. If you have to split time ewually with another back, you are not yet a top 10 RB. And if you are not yet a top 10 RB, then you are not worth 2 draft picks.

Ravage!!!
03-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Stewart is basically the same back as McGahee... which is fine. Split time between the two backs and have an extremely solid, and deep, running game. Something that is extremely important to make it deep into the playoffs...... depth at the running game.

Nomad
03-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Stewart is basically the same back as McGahee... which is fine. Split time between the two backs and have an extremely solid, and deep, running game. Something that is extremely important to make it deep into the playoffs...... depth at the running game.

Is there still talks of EFX looking at Stewart? My post was more of a question, but he was a great back at Oregon. I haven't paid attention to his career since then.

Cugel
03-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Is there still talks of EFX looking at Stewart? My post was more of a question, but he was a great back at Oregon. I haven't paid attention to his career since then.

You haven't missed much. :coffee:

He hasn't been the starting RB in any of his years in Carolina, and his best season was 1,100 yards. He can still catch passes, and with Peyton Manning he could be a serious weapon coming out of the backfield. But, he's not really ever been a #1 back and I have no idea why people are talking about him as if he was.

What on earth makes anybody think he'd get more than about 800 yards? He averages about that, and in Denver he'd be splitting carries with McGahee.

McGahee can catch passes too so really Stewart would be "more of the same" which isn't at all a bad thing, especially as RBs can easily get injured. But if the price is 2 draft picks?

NO. If Stewart were a FA then fine, sign him if you think it's worth the money, but don't throw away 2 draft picks when they need every one and a lot more.

Denver doesn't have such a solid roster that they couldn't use about 6 new starters (at least and probably more). Some of those hopefully can come from the draft.

They can get a RB later in the draft or pick one up in FA or even off the waiver wire this summer to spell McGahee. Then there's always the possibility that "No-Show" Moreno could be useful in a system that emphasized catching passes out of the backfield.

Yes, I know he's been useless so far, but if he can't do his job then why keep him around on the 53 man roster?

Canmore
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
You haven't missed much. :coffee:

He hasn't been the starting RB in any of his years in Carolina, and his best season was 1,100 yards. He can still catch passes, and with Peyton Manning he could be a serious weapon coming out of the backfield. But, he's not really ever been a #1 back and I have no idea why people are talking about him as if he was.

What on earth makes anybody think he'd get more than about 800 yards? He averages about that, and in Denver he'd be splitting carries with McGahee.

McGahee can catch passes too so really Stewart would be "more of the same" which isn't at all a bad thing, especially as RBs can easily get injured. But if the price is 2 draft picks?

NO. If Stewart were a FA then fine, sign him if you think it's worth the money, but don't throw away 2 draft picks when they need every one and a lot more.

Denver doesn't have such a solid roster that they couldn't use about 6 new starters (at least and probably more). Some of those hopefully can come from the draft.

They can get a RB later in the draft or pick one up in FA or even off the waiver wire this summer to spell McGahee. Then there's always the possibility that "No-Show" Moreno could be useful in a system that emphasized catching passes out of the backfield.

Yes, I know he's been useless so far, but if he can't do his job then why keep him around on the 53 man roster?

I've given up on Moreno. At this point in time, I hope he takes his "talents" elsewhere.

bcbronc
03-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Last season Stewart had 1173 yard (761 rushing, 413 receiving). He's also had two seasons with 10 rushing TDs. Granted he's only had 6 the past two years, but I'm thinking it's a combination of playing on a 2 win team and then Cam taking the goalline touches. And starts mean nothing when you're in a RBBC system. He gets about 200 touches per season so far, give both him and Willis 150-200 touches each and you've got two power backs staying fresh and healthy. There's no question he'd improve our backfield.

With that said, I do agree that you don't give up two picks for a RB. Maybe a 5th + 6th, but not a 4th or better + a second pick.

Medford Bronco
03-31-2012, 07:24 PM
I've given up on Moreno. At this point in time, I hope he takes his "talents" elsewhere.

He might pull his hamstring in the process when taknig his talents elsewhere :lol:

Jsteve01
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
The only RB out there who I like that might be available in the 4th is turbin and he doesn't offer near the talent of Stewart. My big issue with Stewart is that he's rarely 100 pct

pipes
03-31-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said after Friday's Mike Goodson deal that the team will not be trading Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

Canmore
03-31-2012, 11:06 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4650/jonathan-stewart

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said after Friday's Mike Goodson deal that the team will not be trading Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

White man speak with fork tongue. We'll see.

pipes
03-31-2012, 11:08 PM
White man speak with fork tongue. We'll see.

Agreed....I just hadn't heard or seen any new updates so I googled it...
And this was the newest update I found.

Canmore
03-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Agreed....I just hadn't heard or seen any new updates so I googled it...
And this was the newest update I found.

I've been following this with great interest. There was also a rumor that Elway had inquired about Forte. I'm don't think that this is the end of the story. Obviously, we are looking for another running back. Where we get him is up in the air.

dogfish
04-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I've been following this with great interest. There was also a rumor that Elway had inquired about Forte. I'm don't think that this is the end of the story. Obviously, we are looking for another running back. Where we get him is up in the air.

forte would be an ideal fit for the offense i think we want to run. . .

he wouldn't come cheap-- and this very much includes his contract demands as well as the price of acquiring him. . . i can't say that i'd be in favor of paying the cost-- but it definitely wouldn't suck to have him here, that's for sure. . . i'd rather draft and develop, given the associated costs and relative ease of finding good backs, but i can understand why they'd prioritize an every down back who's a proven pass protector. . . and it's not like either stewart or forte is old or worn out. . .

the fact that our FA acquisitions have ground to a halt with a nice chunk of change left in the kitty could be a pretty strong indication that we are in fact planning to add a quality vet back. . .

Canmore
04-01-2012, 01:12 AM
forte would be an ideal fit for the offense i think we want to run. . .

he wouldn't come cheap-- and this very much includes his contract demands as well as the price of acquiring him. . . i can't say that i'd be in favor of paying the cost-- but it definitely wouldn't suck to have him here, that's for sure. . . i'd rather draft and develop, given the associated costs and relative ease of finding good backs, but i can understand why they'd prioritize an every down back who's a proven pass protector. . . and it's not like either stewart or forte is old or worn out. . .

the fact that our FA acquisitions have ground to a halt with a nice chunk of change left in the kitty could be a pretty strong indication that we are in fact planning to add a quality vet back. . .

Well said. I've wondered the same thing. Couldn't have done a better job of putting it in words. Yes you can find good backs anywhere, just ask Shanny, but Shanny isn't drafting. I think there is a good chance we are going to acquire Stewart or Forte. Most likely Stewart.

Medford Bronco
04-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I say draft a RB and use McGahee and the new RB as a combo.

Also food for thought, what about Addai as a 3rd down back? Is he hurt that badly?

dogfish
04-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Also food for thought, what about Addai as a 3rd down back? Is he hurt that badly?

yes. . . always. . .

Medford Bronco
04-01-2012, 11:31 AM
yes. . . always. . .

So he is the same as No Show

underrated29
04-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Except Adlai sucks. Knowshon is better than Adlai in every category. That's how bad Adlai is.

My money says we do not get Stewie even tho I want him so bad. We also do not sign anyone else of worth....no way in gods heaven do we get forte and no way the bears let him go. Not happening.

However I still have a feeling Stewart gets moved in a draft day trade.

dogfish
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM

yes. . .

and don't mind U29, he's probably drunk. . .

Simple Jaded
04-02-2012, 04:24 AM

Fwiw, I said "Talent-wise", l'm not saying he's proven that or that he's earned that title, l honestly believe that. He's a complete back, imo.

Don't get me wrong, l'd much prefer Clady over Stewart, but at the time l was convinced Shanatan would never draft OL in the 1st round (much like Dog is convinced Den will never draft a DT), so at the time Stewart was my dream pick at 12.......