PDA

View Full Version : Mayock: Broncos need to select USC's Sanchez

Dirk
04-16-2009, 05:33 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12152135

Mayock: Broncos need to select USC's Sanchez
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/16/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

NFL draft guru Mike Mayock is convinced the Broncos have only one choice in the first round of the April 25-26 draft.

"If they don't try to get Mark Sanchez, I think they're crazy," Mayock said Wednesday in a national conference call with reporters. "The bottom line to me is if their head coach goes 4-12 with Kyle Orton, he probably gets fired this year. If he goes 4-12 with Mark Sanchez, he's rebuilding."

It's possible the Broncos' new coach, Josh McDaniels, isn't planning on going 4-12 regardless of his quarterback, especially after it became evident an 8-8 record with Jay Cutler at quarterback last season wasn't enough to save Mike Shanahan's job.

It also should be noted Mayock made his first significant mark as a draft
analyst in 2006 when he opined that Cutler was a superior quarterback prospect to the more heralded Matt Leinart and Vince Young.
Cutler has outperformed Young and Leinart through their first three NFL seasons. Mayock now believes San- chez, who led Southern California to a Rose Bowl victory last season, is a better quarterback than Georgia's Matthew Stafford, who many are projecting to go to the Detroit Lions with the overall No. 1 pick.

Mayock was critical of the Broncos' decision to trade Cutler last month and says they should move up from their top draft position, No. 12 overall, to get Sanchez.

"The way I look at this is there's only six or seven franchise quarterbacks in this league," Mayock said. "Getting rid of one of them, I don't understand the whole thing. But now what you do is you go get another one. And the guy that fits them the best is Sanchez.

"Josh McDaniels wants an intelligent kid that knows where and when to throw the football, can pick up the offense quickly and get rid of the football."

AFC West race starts late.

By the time the Broncos get around to the decisive AFC West portion of their 2009 schedule, that race could already be decided.

The Broncos play four of their final seven games against AFC West rivals San Diego, Oakland and Kansas City. Their two games against the Chiefs won't be played until Dec. 6 and Jan. 3.

Which might not be so bad. The Chiefs have made so many changes to their coaching staff and front office, they won't look anything like they did last season.

"The two Kansas City games, actually you have more film to look at," McDaniels said in a phone interview Tuesday. "They've obviously changed their staff there, and to see what the philosophy is going to be, and if it's going to be different than what Arizona did relevant to Todd Haley, that'll give you some time to sink your teeth into what they're trying to do."

Mini-camp.

Now that they know who they're playing and when, the Broncos will begin preparations this weekend with their first minicamp. The Broncos will conduct their first set of hour- long, offseason practices Friday, Saturday and Sunday. With a spring storm forecasted for Friday, the Broncos may hold McDaniels' first mini-camp session down the street at an indoor sports bubble.

Mike Klis and Lindsay Jones, The Denver Post

Dirk
04-16-2009, 05:35 AM
I see where he is coming from in this article, but I don't agree with him. If anything, McD needs to concentrate on defense if he is going to survive.

The defense and not willing to can Slomo was Shanny's undoing IMO.

claymore
04-16-2009, 05:37 AM
If McDaniels cant win with Orton screw him, I hope he does get fired.

DenBronx
04-16-2009, 05:44 AM
ive always respected mayock and his opinions but i highly disagree on sanchez. we have room to move up next year if we need a qb.

claymore
04-16-2009, 05:51 AM
ive always respected mayock and his opinions but i highly disagree on sanchez. we have room to move up next year if we need a qb.

Ive heard the interview where he said that. He was mainly talking McD's Job security, not what was really best for the team.

My optimisim for McD after the Cutler debacle was that he really likes Orton and knows he can win with him.

If this is untrue, he really screwed us as a franchise.

Dirk
04-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Ive heard the interview where he said that. He was mainly talking McD's Job security, not what was really best for the team.

I optimisim for McD after the Cutler debacle was that he really likes Orton and knows he can win with him.

If this is untrue, he really screwed us as a franchise.

I agree with you. McD was looking for someone that he believed he could win with. He didn't feel that he could with Cutty for what ever reason. (don't turn this into a Cutty thread please). So in picking Orton over Jason Campbell (no brainer imo) and not trying to get Quinn (mistake imo) he thought that Orton was the guy that he could win with.

I too am giving him the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season. If the offense suffers from last years performance, then yeah...he screwed us.

(the defense should improve.....could it get any worse?)

LordTrychon
04-16-2009, 06:05 AM
I agree with you. McD was looking for someone that he believed he could win with. He didn't feel that he could with Cutty for what ever reason. (don't turn this into a Cutty thread please). So in picking Orton over Jason Campbell (no brainer imo) and not trying to get Quinn (mistake imo) he thought that Orton was the guy that he could win with.

I too am giving him the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season. If the offense suffers from last years performance, then yeah...he screwed us.

(the defense should improve.....could it get any worse?)

Careful. I've heard that before.

:tsk:

claymore
04-16-2009, 06:09 AM

If it does, at least it will be a record setting year!

Dirk
04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Wow....a record setting year for bad defense! NO THANKS! lol

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 07:13 AM

Since it takes about 3 years to develop a quarterback I think I understand why Mayock is making this suggestion.

EastCoastBronco
04-16-2009, 07:13 AM
The guy is nuts... Rebuilding the defence is job one. Period. We've been patching it for years and hoping it works come September. It's the same old story, if we have a mean as hell defence that generates pass rush and turnovers, the pressure is considerably less on the O. We've proven the past couple of years that it doesn't work so well the other way around.
Defence. Defence. Defence.

roomemp
04-16-2009, 07:14 AM
I say give Orton a chance. His record as a starter is pretty good.

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2009, 07:16 AM

:lol: There were what, 1 or 2 places below us? ;)

We've got to take a different direction, drafting Cutler and ignoring the D did nothing to improve the team, and taking Sanchez will have exactly the same no-effect.

Other than maybe a stud RB (which I can't see considering how busy he's been there in FA) we need to be taking the best front 7 player available with each first day pick.

Broncolingus
04-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Mayock: Broncos need to select USC's Sanchez

No they don't...

They need to draft/obtain some defensive linemen that can play at an NFL level...

Traveler
04-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Defense is what will win us our next championship. Pass on Sanchez unless he slips to #18.

Elevation inc
04-16-2009, 07:24 AM
:lol: There were what, 1 or 2 places below us? ;)

We've got to take a different direction, drafting Cutler and ignoring the D did nothing to improve the team, and taking Sanchez will have exactly the same no-effect.

Other than maybe a stud RB (which I can't see considering how busy he's been there in FA) we need to be taking the best front 7 player available with each first day pick.

i blame everything on jeremy bates and his backyard passing game and playcalling;)

Lonestar
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I like mayock he knows his stuff. But D D D D D D should be our first five picks. And maybe a few more after thayt.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Defense is what will win us our next championship. Pass on Sanchez unless he slips to #18.

I hope he doesn't go that route either. He needs to build this defense in the first few rounds then get a QB in the later rounds. Sanchez is the second best QB in this draft (which isn't saying alot for this year) and hopefully McDaniels gives Orton/Simms a try and if they aren't the answer, next year will have a better class of QBs plus with the predictions of the BRONCOS record next year by many, BRONCOS shouldn't have a problem getting a top notch QB next year. Sanchez is another over-hyped USC QB.

Build the DEFENSE:defense:! Maybe Nolan is slapping some sense into the two rookies (McD/Xan).

Dirk
04-16-2009, 07:39 AM
With all the hub-bub over Sanchez, I would be surprised if Detroit took Stafford and not Sanchez.

Elevation inc
04-16-2009, 07:43 AM
well i think clevland will screw it up for everyone trying to figure out where the qb's go anyway.

i think clevland is going to trade braylon edwards for the 29th pick to the giants
i think clevland is going to trade brady quinn for pick 20 from detroit

as a result detroit passes on stafford, clevland selects sanchez at 5 anda WR at 20, and defense at 29, the analysts try and figure out where the heck stafford goes as he drops right into jacksonville or san frans lap.....

the good news a trade up with jax or selecting sanchez at 12 becomes mute....lol

wow maybe i had to much wine for lunch....lol

Traveler
04-16-2009, 08:17 AM
I hope he doesn't go that route either. He needs to build this defense in the first few rounds then get a QB in the later rounds. Sanchez is the second best QB in this draft (which isn't saying alot for this year) and hopefully McDaniels gives Orton/Simms a try and if they aren't the answer, next year will have a better class of QBs plus with the predictions of the BRONCOS record next year by many, BRONCOS shouldn't have a problem getting a top notch QB next year. Sanchez is another over-hyped USC QB.

Build the DEFENSE:defense:! Maybe Nolan is slapping some sense into the two rookies (McD/Xan).

There's nothing saying he can't address deficiencies both sides at the same time. That's partly what got Shanahan fired. He devoted his time and resources mostly toward the offense.

I'm old school I guess in that I believe you build from the trenches outward. Then get your "Franchise QB." Only deviating if a blue chip QB falls to you unexpectedly.

The QB's at the top of this draft aren't difference makers IMO. I agree with you that they should take a developmental type in the later rounds.

There are too many needs on defense to waste a higher pick on a QB when he will possibly be carrying a clip board for two years.

Scarface
04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Take Sanchez at 12 and then go defense the rest of the way. Orton is not the answer. But whatever, McD just needs to make sure we make the playoffs. Shanny was canned for not making the playoffs last year. There are no excuses for McD. Get in the playoffs this year or the season is a huge disappointment.

Rex
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Take Sanchez at 12 and then go defense the rest of the way. Orton is not the answer. But whatever, McD just needs to make sure we make the playoffs. Shanny was canned for not making the playoffs last year. There are no excuses for McD. Get in the playoffs this year or the season is a huge disappointment.

Shanny won one playoff game in 10 years Scar.

9-7, 8-8, 7-9. That got him fired. 10 years of stale football........except the time that shit stain hippy QB got them to the AFCCG.

BigDaddyBronco
04-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Shanny won one playoff game in 10 years Scar.

9-7, 8-8, 7-9. That got him fired. 10 years of stale football........except the time that shit stain hippy QB got them to the AFCCG.

I really wish you wouldn't talk about Tubby's brother this way.

omac
04-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Ack, the Bang cartoon is coming true ... Jaeger bombs, McDaniels said. :D

claymore
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
There's nothing saying he can't address deficiencies both sides at the same time. That's partly what got Shanahan fired. He devoted his time and resources mostly toward the offense.

I'm old school I guess in that I believe you build from the trenches outward. Then get your "Franchise QB." Only deviating if a blue chip QB falls to you unexpectedly.

The QB's at the top of this draft aren't difference makers IMO. I agree with you that they should take a developmental type in the later rounds.

There are too many needs on defense to waste a higher pick on a QB when he will possibly be carrying a clip board for two years.
I dont feel thats the case. I think he just had terrible defensive advice and couldnt evaluate defensive talent.

I went back and counted 1st day picks. from the 96 draft up to the 08 draft, Mike spent 24 1st day picks on Defense. He only spent 15 1st day picks on offense.

What I am getting at, Is that Mike probably spent more time on defense than anything else. He just wasnt good at it. Nor was his advice.

jrelway
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
take the best player in the draft with our pick my ass. our priority should be defense first for the next 3 dam years.

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I doubt Sanchez falls to #12, but people were also expecting Quinn to be a top 10 pick (some were debating whether he'd go #1), and look how far he fell.

I wouldn't be against the Broncos taking Sanchez if he falls to 12, but I'd be pretty upset if they trade up to get him.

I'd much rather see DE/OLB at 12, RB at 18, and BDPA in rds 2 and 3.

Northman
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
I see where he is coming from in this article, but I don't agree with him. If anything, McD needs to concentrate on defense if he is going to survive.

The defense and not willing to can Slomo was Shanny's undoing IMO.

End thread. Defense should be priority one.

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
No sanchez! Please no sanchez!

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:43 AM
If we draft Sanchez, I think I actually might vomit.

claymore
04-16-2009, 09:51 AM
take the best player in the draft with our pick my ass. our priority should be defense first for the next 3 dam years.

I am still for the best player available. We have so many holes other than LT I am down for the best at any position.

We are not a LB, DE, or DT away from the playoffs/SB.

Northman
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
I am still for the best player available. We have so many holes other than LT I am down for the best at any position.

Sanchez would still not be the BPA at #12.

claymore
04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Sanchez would still not be the BPA at #12.

I agree a 110%. If he fell to us in the fifth round, Id be all for it.

I do hope the Broncos stick to they're board, and just take the highest rated athelete that is available when we pick.

I think it would pigeon hole us if we tried to fill specific needs, and even trade up to get specific players.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 10:02 AM

My choice would be BPA at 12 for the DL and BPA at 18 for LBs.

claymore
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
My choice would be BPA at 12 for the DL and BPA at 18 for LBs.

I see your point, I just feel that if we can get a running back that would normally be a top 5 gy, jump on that. If we spent the 12 an a DE or DT that would normally be rated in the 20's we arent maximizing value of our picks.

shank
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
i hope that sanchez drops and we either destroy someone who wants him by trading back, or we flat out pass on him. that would be a great vote of confidence in orton, shown by McD.

Den21vsBal19
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
IMO, playoffs, or even a winning record isn't the main target for this season. What I want to see more than anything is a team that's competitive, and an end to the embarrasing blowouts...........

It's the attitude of the team that needs to improve before the results, and I'm willing to take a step or two back to achieve that aim this year...........

CrazyHorse
04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Yes!!! Sanchez at 12! If he's not availabe Moreno.

slim
04-16-2009, 11:08 AM
This is no bueno.

jrelway
04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
si , moreno no bueno. ill cry if we take a Rb in the first round.

ikillz0mbies
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Mayock needs to shut the hell up. Trading up or pick Sanchez at 12 would be a wasted opportunity to rebuild an atrocious defense. QB is not a bigger need than defense right now. Analysts need to see that. No more of this Sanchez BS.

slim
04-16-2009, 11:15 AM
I wanted to call him a dumbass for saying it, but Mayock is one the better draft analysts around. I think he is way off on this one.

claymore
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Mayock needs to shut the hell up. Trading up or pick Sanchez at 12 would be a wasted opportunity to rebuild an atrocious defense. QB is not a bigger need than defense right now. Analysts need to see that. No more of this Sanchez BS.

Its a realistic guess from Mayock though. If McD does take him, it extends his shelf life past his current contract.

Broncolingus
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I wanted to call him a dumbass for saying it, but Mayock is one the better draft analysts around. I think he is way off on this one.

"Do it"

"Do it"

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/daveshawsky/starsky.jpg

underrated29
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
If we wanted sanchez we would have made the trade with washington to get their 13th pick instead of the bears 18th. We wanted orton and didnt want to draft a qb. Otherwise washingtons pick would have been ours. Campbell too.

Moreno es muy bueno o perfecto jugadores a numero doce y dies y ocho.

Mi espanol es muy mal.

dogfish
04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
booo, mayock!

Simple Jaded
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Kyle Orton is a stiff, you guy's might want to start bracing yourselves for the possibility that he's not the player you're convinced that he is.

The sooner the Broncos hedge their bets on Orton, the better off this organization will be, and although I was never a huge fan of Sanchez, he's a better talent than Kyle freaking Orton.

Say Doogie has average success building the defense, three years from now the Broncos will find themselves on the wrong end of the draft board when they're finally stop pulling their pud with "System QB's".

Mayock es absolutamente correcto.......

Superchop 7
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry Mayock, team is way too thin on defense.

McD made his bed......now he can lie in it.

topscribe
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I say give Orton a chance. His record as a starter is pretty good.

Especially, as I have mentioned before, as a second year starter . . . :nod:

-----

underrated29
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Kyle Orton is a stiff, you guy's might want to start bracing yourselves for the possibility that he's not the player you're convinced that he is.

The sooner the Broncos hedge their bets on Orton, the better off this organization will be, and although I was never a huge fan of Sanchez, he's a better talent than Kyle freaking Orton.

Say Doogie has average success building the defense, three years from now the Broncos will find themselves on the wrong end of the draft board when they're finally stop pulling their pud with "System QB's".

Mayock es absolutamente correcto.......

I dont think orton is that great, he is just average to me. But if Mcd can make cassel a good to great QB then i think he can do the same with kyle. If not, then thats what trades,FA and next years draft are for.

topscribe
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM

Well, other than LT, RT, and RG, TE, WR, and Champ, of course . . .

-----

Simple Jaded
04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I dont think orton is that great, he is just average to me. But if Mcd can make cassel a good to great QB then i think he can do the same with kyle. If not, then thats what trades,FA and next years draft are for.

No offense, underrated, but you might want to consider the possibility that Belicheat and Scarnecchia had as much to do with NE success with Cassell last season.

Belicheat makes that team and it's coaches what it is, that much we know, Doogie may or may not be the God people think he is.......Doogie has a lot to prove, that includes his reputation of being The System QuarterBack Whisperer.

Btw, I think we might be using the term "Great" too generously here, Cassel was very good, but I don't think any QB played "Great" in 2008.......

EMB6903
04-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Mark Sanchez wont be there at 12... but if he is, take him

Italianmobstr7
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
We have 10 picks in the draft... If we do get Sanchez I won't be mad. I won't be thrilled either. There's worse players we could get. Sanchez is going to be a pretty good qb imo.

Dirk
04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm still of the oppinion he won't be there. I don't think he gets past Detroit at #1. If I were Detroit I would bet the house on Sanchez over Stafford.

frauschieze
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I doubt Sanchez falls to #12, but people were also expecting Quinn to be a top 10 pick (some were debating whether he'd go #1), and look how far he fell.

I wouldn't be against the Broncos taking Sanchez if he falls to 12, but I'd be pretty upset if they trade up to get him.

I feel somewhat guilty but I was super entertained when that happened. I hope for it every year now.

I do not want to take any QB in the first day. Our quarterback-whispering coach ought to be able to pick up a later round QB, stick him on the bench for a year or two and then we'll have the next Tom Brady. :drinking:

Nomad
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm still of the oppinion he won't be there. I don't think he gets past Detroit at #1. If I were Detroit I would bet the house on Sanchez over Stafford.

SF is really unhappy with Smith and the other QB, hopefully they take Sanchez

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
I feel somewhat guilty but I was super entertained when that happened. I hope for it every year now.

:lol:

I was enjoying that too, just about anytime any team that had any kind of uncertainty at QB drafted someone else, they would cut to Quinn in the waiting room. Mean I know, but I'm not feeling sorry for him.

claymore
04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, other than LT, RT, and RG, TE, WR, and Champ, of course . . .

-----

We have no idea how well our line is going to do under this system. The are all ZBS guys.

Eddie Royal is the only known long term guy. Marshall may or may not be here next year, the rest are old or unproven (jackson).

Graham is a blocking TE that we need and want, but scheffler isnt.

Champ is old, and we should maximize any trade value he has left.

Broncolingus
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
If we wanted sanchez we would have made the trade with washington to get their 13th pick instead of the bears 18th. We wanted orton and didnt want to draft a qb. Otherwise washingtons pick would have been ours. Campbell too.

Moreno es muy bueno o perfecto jugadores a numero doce y dies y ocho.

Mi espanol es muy mal.

It's nominal...your spanish - just remember 'diez' not dies...

'Dies' is what happens to the date when Clay starts to talk...

tubby
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
We have no idea how well our line is going to do under this system. The are all ZBS guys.

Eddie Royal is the only known long term guy. Marshall may or may not be here next year, the rest are old or unproven (jackson).

Graham is a blocking TE that we need and want, but scheffler isnt.

Champ is old, and we should maximize any trade value he has left.

Back to the lounge, moron.

tia

claymore
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Back to the lounge, moron.

tia

I love you, but man your a butt hole. :rolleyes:

Nomad
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I also read on PFT that the Jets are entertaining the option of moving up for Sanchez as well!

tubby
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I love you, but man your a butt hole. :rolleyes:

No, your.

:beer:

weazel
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Bowlen isnt firing McD after one season. this article, and anyone who thinks the coach is gone after 1 season is foolish

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Even if the Broncos go 0-16, Patty isn't going to fire McDummy.

Hell, he's still paying the salary for Shanny.... AND for the current HC McDummy.

I doubt that he's going to enjoy paying for a three way...

ikillz0mbies
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM

If the Broncos are truly eyeing Sanchez and he is the guy they want to be the new franchise QB or what ever, then fine. I'd be super pissed, but what can I do right?

As you said though, I can live with Sanchez at 12 but super pissed. But if they trade up to get him, I'd break my own neck.

I'd be against any move that cuts down the number of Broncos draft picks unless it was for an Aaron Curry.

claymore
No, your.

:beer:

I suck at that shit and your know it. :D

ikillz0mbies
I also read on PFT that the Jets are entertaining the option of moving up for Sanchez as well!

Good let them, so all this Sanchez to the Broncos talk can end.

claymore
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Good let them, so all this Sanchez to the Broncos talk can end.

If we can leverage it I hope we do. I would love for the Redskins trade with us and move up if they wanted him. :D

weazel
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
he isnt using the first pick on a QB, if he planned on that, he wouldnt have cared what QB we received in the trade. He liked Orton, he got him.

We will most likely use a pick next year for a QB where the draft is a lot deeper in the QB class.

Mayock is getting more ridiculous every year.

tubby
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I suck at that shit and your know it. :D

You're the only person dumber than me when it comes to spelling and grammar. I love it.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Stay away from Junior Quarterbacks. Period.

I don't care who it is, just stay away from any and all Junior Quarterbacks. I'd bet that like 1/8 Junior Quarterbacks actually succeed in the NFL.

Stay away from MARK SANCHEZ!!

Nomad
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM

I don't care who it is, just stay away from any and all Junior Quarterbacks. I'd bet that like 1/8 Junior Quarterbacks actually succeed in the NFL.

That would be interesting to see how junior QBs rank in the NFL compared to senior QBs. And who has succeeded or not!

ikillz0mbies
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM

One of the rarest times that I will ever agree with you :D

claymore
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
You're the only person dumber than me when it comes to spelling and grammar. I love it.
I planned on welding, The internet didnt exist, and I thought I would never need it. :(

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
That would be interesting to see how junior QBs rank in the NFL compared to senior QBs. And who has succeeded or not!

Go ahead and do it. But if you look at the big time starters in the NFL today...they were seniors.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Go ahead and do it. But if you look at the big time starters in the NFL today...they were seniors.

I'm not very good at stats and researching!;) So I'll take your word for it!

Nomad
04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
I found this!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?campaign=ec0005&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true&id=09000d5d80fb5670

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Say NO to Junior Quarterbacks.

topscribe
04-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I planned on welding, The internet didnt exist, and I thought I would never need it. :(

Yeah, it's very important on a football forum. :lol:

-----

nevcraw
04-16-2009, 11:54 PM
If and a big if McD sees Sanchez as his QB then by all means get him.

I agree with the article it will be the only chance he has to create time if the team does not win with next year with Orton..

No way he has the time now with cutler gone to build around Orton and still lose.. he lost that chance by letting Cutler go.
the 2010 draft will be to late for him to go get his guy..

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 12:21 AM
lol @ anybody who thinks we should stay away from a player because hes a junior and not over the way he plays the game....

So Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Carson Palmer are that much better because he stayed an extra year? is that the nonsense Im reading?

Thats as dumb as it gets..

How has Ben Roethlisbergers career panned out?

anybody?

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 12:36 AM
lol @ anybody who thinks we should stay away from a player because hes a junior and not over the way he plays the game....

So Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Carson Palmer are that much better because he stayed an extra year? is that the nonsense Im reading?

Thats as dumb as it gets..

How has Ben Roethlisbergers career panned out?

anybody?

are you serious?????

big ben started every game since he was a redshirt freshman in college. he had 3 years of elite collge expierience and production before coming out.

College Football Statistics

2001: 241/381 (63.3%) for 3105 yards and 21 TD vs. 2 INT. 120 carries for 189 yards and 3 TD's
2002: 271/428 (63.3%) for 3238 yards and 22 TD vs. 11 INT. 82 carries for 54 yards and 1 TD.
2003: 342/495 (69.1%) for 4486 yards and 37 TD vs. 10 INT. 67 carries for 111 yards and 3 TD.

I would have drafted big ben to coming out of collge with that production, expierience and level of play

Sanchez has 1 year. its not so much junior qb's as it is qb's with only 1 year of expierience.

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 12:42 AM
big ben started every game since he was a redshirt freshman in college. he had 3 years of elite collge expierience and production before coming out.

Sanchez has 1. its not so much junior qb's as it is qb's with less than 2 years expierience.

LMAO.... He said the MAC is elite college experience..... "are you serious?"

and you must have misread the argument in this thread... it wasnt just about Sanchez but Junior Quarterbacks coming out in general.... Hence the reason why Roethlisberger was mentioned... because he was a JUNIOR QUARTERBACK COMING OUT...

Sanchez was with USC for 4 years... and in his 1 year he looked like a very polished Quarterback.....

is it that people think hes just a one year wonder... or just doesnt have the experience to play in the NFL?

He lacks experience yes but I dont think any team is expecting him or any of the 3 junior Quarterbacks to come in and start from the get go.

Elevation inc
04-17-2009, 12:53 AM
LMAO.... He said the MAC is elite college experience..... "are you serious?"

and you must have misread the argument in this thread... it wasnt just about Sanchez but Junior Quarterbacks coming out in general.... Hence the reason why Roethlisberger was mentioned... because he was a JUNIOR QUARTERBACK COMING OUT...

I didnt misread i stated specifically its not so much junior qb's for me as it is 1 year wonder qb's, also big ben played very tough comp in his out of conference games his whole time there and was downright dominant in tough bowl games as well.....what i meant by elite was his performance not the competition

Sanchez was with USC for 4 years... and in his 1 year he looked like a very polished Quarterback.....

is it that people think hes just a one year wonder... or just doesnt have the experience to play in the NFL?

i think some are spouting about juniors but i dont buy that matt leinart was a senior...yuck...lol i buy that 1 year wonder qb's dont succede unless they sit in the pros for 3 years before starting, i dont see that happening for sanchez, this is to high profile a situation and the minute orton loses a game, the fan pressure and media blabble will be huge. MCd is better off drafting a pat white, stehpen mgee, curtis painter Qb, becasue most of us dont expect much and wouldnt be calling for him to start after a loss as much as we would for a 12th rd pick. plus you dont tie that much money up in the Qb position when your defense is as atrocius as ours you weed out some contracts, see what you got in orton and simms, and if you dont like it you fix i tthe following year along with more defense.

that recipe is a succesful recipe and could lead to great things by the end of 2011:salute:

He lacks experience yes but I dont think any team is expecting him or any of the 3 junior Quarterbacks to come in and start from the get go.

in red.......;)

EMB6903
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
again what 1 year wonder QB's have entered the draft and become solid prospects?

Denver27og
04-17-2009, 02:26 AM
theres no way denver drafts a qb in the first round

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Mayock is the stupidest of all the 'draft analysts'.

rcsodak
04-17-2009, 01:21 PM
again what 1 year wonder QB's have entered the draft and become solid prospects?

Well, cassel was a NO year wonder and did nicely.