Northman
03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I like it. Link?

Nick
03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Broncos are stacked at TE!

Broncomarkie
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Shefter just posted on twitter...3yrs- 9mil.. 3.5 garntd...

Army Bronco
03-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Just saw it on my NFL app.

Nick
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Tamme is a solid pick up. It is a little sad because all the fans of the Colts really want Tamme to stay and like him a lot. Funny enough, They all wanted Porter on their team.

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 02:44 PM
The good part is it solidifies the TE spot with Dreessen and allows time for JT and Green to develop. The bad part is we still dont have a TE that can block and it puts a roadblock in front of JT getting on the field sooner.

OrangeFanatic
03-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Just saw it on my NFL app.

Me too! This is good.

Dzone
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Tamme-Nations top scholar/football player. Class act. Great signing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iiZy1qhVdQ

cmc0605
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Hopefully we all get used to seeing this in Denver

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81d396a4/QB-Manning-to-TE-Tamme-18-yd-pass-TD

Nick
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
With the success Patriots have had w/ a 2 TE system. Broncos will go with a 3 TE formation and take the NFL by storm. :laugh:

blamkin86
03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Hopefully we all get used to seeing this in Denver

Yeah, pretty sure I could get used to that. Sharp pass - maybe we can get that guy too.

MileHighCrew
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
wow TE is a good position now. On to DT

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
With the success Patriots have had w/ a 2 TE system. Broncos will go with a 3 TE formation and take the NFL by storm. :laugh:

Weird...I posted something similar in another thread

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
WOW! Now DEN is overloaded at the TE spot!
Good.

Nick
03-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Bright minds think a like :beer:

Chef Zambini
03-23-2012, 03:34 PM
3 TEs one morphs from TE to FB. welcome tammi, nice addition

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 03:34 PM
3 TEs one morphs from TE to FB. welcome tammi, nice addition

Stright Ace formation without a fullback.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
“Added two quality TEs and a good young CB to our roster today,” executive vice president of football operations John Elway wrote on Twitter. “Joel Dreessen, Jacob Tamme and Tracy Porter will make big contributions for us in 2012.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/23/tamme-lands-with-broncos/?module=HP11_breaking_news

chazoe60
03-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Two TE sets here we come.

silkamilkamonico
03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Not sure why this, or Dreesen signing is even newsworthy. They aren't any better than what we had last year. Dreesen might be a shade better, but he's like a poor version of Jeb Putzier, and thats nothing to write home about.

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Not sure why this, or Dreesen signing is even newsworthy. They aren't any better than what we had last year. Dreesen might be a shade better, but he's like a poor version of Jeb Putzier, and thats nothing to write home about.

Oh quit your bitchin silk, its Fri.
And Tamme and Dreessen are much better than Putz, and they got Manning throwing to them, so relax.
Go have a cocktail.

tomjonesrocks
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Assume this means Clark is out?

Dzone
03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Orange Julius was a training camp superstar last year. Wonder if he will ever amount to anything. Maybe we are done drafting TEs for a while

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
very cool. I loved Tamme at Kentucky. He'll be a good TE for us...and is better than what we had in 2011. Not sure about Dreesen. Don't know enuff about him.

Dzone
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Assume this means Clark is out?
Probably. But even slow , old and white Clark would be a good guy to have arou8nd

WARHORSE
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I like it. Make no mistake about it, we're looking at what the Patriots are doing. Its a copy cat league.

When you have TEs that can do it all, you have some unreal flexibility.

I think Peyton has studied out the Pats offense this season with a passion.

I look forward to getting Julius in there.

Mark Schlereth said no rookie made a bigger impact, nor drew more attention to himself during last years training camp more than Julius Thomas. Schlereth said hes on the Gates level, and that his early injury along with the change in offense to suit Tebow was Thomas downfall for the season.

Lets hope we see more of the man.

MileHighCrew
03-23-2012, 06:03 PM
I agree with War, the routes Tebow seemed to have problems with were the medium routes a TE would run, also Julius was/is a huge project coming out of college and there was that little lockout. Aside from Tebow, he was one that really needed the offseason.

silkamilkamonico
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Oh quit your bitchin silk, its Fri.
And Tamme and Dreessen are much better than Putz, and they got Manning throwing to them, so relax.
Go have a cocktail.

not bitchin at all. i honestly dont think it matters much considering mannings running the show, but i have to laugh at all these posts about our "weapons" at te now.

bcbronc
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Dressen + Tamme >> Fells + Rosario and the latter was decent enough last season. No it's not Gronk + Hernandez, but we definitely upgraded the position today. They don't have to be superstars to be useful players.

silkamilkamonico
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Dressen + Tamme >> Fells + Rosario and the latter was decent enough last season. No it's not Gronk + Hernandez, but we definitely upgraded the position today. They don't have to be superstars to be useful players.

dressen is a slightly better reciever but a worse blocker than both, tamme is worse in both areas than both.

upgraded? only when u consider manning is throwing the ball and not tebow.

like i said we had to sign someone, its just funny to see these posts of how great they are.

dressen was marginal in arguably the most te friendly offense where every te to go through has done well, and tamme? hes one of the nfls worst tes.

we can only hope that signing is insurance in case green/thomas cant make it and we cant get a te in the draft.

bcbronc
03-23-2012, 07:58 PM
dressen is a slightly better reciever but a worse blocker than both, tamme is worse in both areas than both.

like i said we had to sign someone, its just funny to see these posts of how great they are.

dressen was marginal in arguably the most te friendly offense where every te to go through has done well, and tamme? hes one of the nfls worst tes.

we can only hope that signing is insurance in case green/thomas cant make it and we cant get a te in the draft.

I think you're way off on your eval of Dressen and Tamme. :shrugs: Time will tell I guess.

DenBronx
03-23-2012, 11:36 PM
After Dressen and Tamme, I think we are OK at TE now. Feel alot better about the situation.

Papa-pwn
03-24-2012, 01:16 AM

Thanks for the laughs, friend.

Knew this place needed some comic relief, I just don't know if this thread was the right one for you to do it in.

Dapper Dan
03-24-2012, 02:21 AM
Apparently the FO thinks Tamme is something to "write home about" seeing that they gave him 3.2 mill guaranteed.

TXBRONC
03-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Interesting, I had always heard that Dressen was more of a blocking tight end.

Nomad
03-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I think you're way off on your eval of Dressen and Tamme. :shrugs: Time will tell I guess.

LOL....it's silka. He could of found and would have pointed out the negatives in Mother Theresa.

Northman
03-24-2012, 09:11 AM

Who exactly did you want? :lol:

Ravage!!!
03-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Tamme stepped up and perform extremely well when the injuries around him, gave the opportunity. Three (3) million isn't much as far as guarantees goes, he knows how Manning works and can help the TEs. He's a perfect kind of role player that will step in seamlessly with the change in offense.

Dressen is a good blocker, and Julius can start stepping up his play with experience (especially with Manning behind center). I didn't expect to sign Vernon Davis.

Broncfan1970
03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Joined the site in January, but just couldn't bring myself to post due to all the bandwagon broncos fans from florida that were here to worship TT. Now that they have left to worship him on jets boards I look fwd to posting and talking Broncos with other true fans of the team.

The addition of Dressen and Tamme is gonna be huge in that it gives Julius Thomas a chance to learn and not be thrust into starting spot before ready, but I say watch out cause when he figures it out he's gonna be a BEAST!!!

chazoe60
03-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Joined the site in January, but just couldn't bring myself to post due to all the bandwagon broncos fans from florida that were here to worship TT. Now that they have left to worship him on jets boards I look fwd to posting and talking Broncos with other true fans of the team.

The addition of Dressen and Tamme is gonna be huge in that it gives Julius Thomas a chance to learn and not be thrust into starting spot before ready, but I say watch out cause when he figures it out he's gonna be a BEAST!!!

So all three of the Tebow fanbois that regularly post on this MB kept you away?

The "Tebow Fanbois are ruining the MB" is just about the biggest myth going around. There were maybe three or four that would post here regularly and they easily ignored or laughed at.

Broncfan1970
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah I am aware of that. I may not have been posting, but I did read post and such to see the TT fantics posts. What can I say, except that now that the Broncos are rid of Timmy I am excited to join discussions. take it how you will

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
03-24-2012, 01:49 PM
So all three of the Tebow fanbois that regularly post on this MB kept you away?

The "Tebow Fanbois are ruining the MB" is just about the biggest myth going around. There were maybe three or four that would post here regularly and they easily ignored or laughed at.

HAHA that's almost as bad as thinking Kyle Orton was gonna be good for us.

O wait..

Medford Bronco
03-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I am very happy with this signing. I Hope that Tamme really develops to a top 5 TE in this league hopefully

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
DENVER – The Broncos aren’t getting Dallas Clark.

What they’re getting is better.

As speculation swirled around Clark, Jacob Tamme quietly lurked on the market. Had he become a free agent after his breakthrough 2010 season, when he caught 67 passes for 631 yards and four touchdowns, he would have drawn much attention during the truncated free-agency period after the lockout.

But coming off a year in which he didn’t play as much — because Dallas Clark was healthy enough to participate in 11 of 16 games — Tamme’s 19 receptions for 177 yards and a touchdown left him lingering on the market for 10 days until the Broncos picked him up.

rest - http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/03/23/the-remodeling-of-a-position-tight-end/

Hawgdriver
05-31-2012, 03:18 AM
I admit, I'm late to the Tamme party.

I didn't know much about Tamme or Dreesen until tonight. I found some interesting facts while digging around:

In 2010, Manning's last full year, 25 year old Tamme averaged 6+ receptions for 60 yds in the 10 games after Clark was injured. 93 targets and 72% catch rate. After 6 receptions the prior two years combined. Over a full season, that would have been about 100 receptions and 1000 yards.

In 2011, Dreesen was ranked #2 among TEs in DVAR (Dreesen 49% behind Gronk's 52%, next was Gates at 40%), if you're into those god-awful advanced metrics from Football Outsiders. I don't even understand what DVAR is, it could be worthless, but some geek put some effort into trying to isolate and measure the player's performance.

I'd bet those numbers probably reflect Manning and Schaub more than Tamme and Dreesen. Regardless, I didn't realize how strong we were at TE. And then there is the potential of Thomas and Green.

It will be interesting to see how much the TE in used this year, and if we create the same type of mismatch problems that New England creates using Gronk and Hernandez. I don't know that Tamme and Dreesen are at that level. But based on those two stats I shamelessly cherry-picked, it looks like these guys can ball.