PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Saturday

BroncoBowlby 88
03-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Saturday signs a deal with the packers. Time for Walton to go to school!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
The Packers have agreed to terms on a deal with ex-Colts center Jeff Saturday, according to a league source.

Saturday, who was a starter on Indianapolis’ Super Bowl XLI championship team, had been with the Colts for the past 13 seasons, starting at center since the 2000 season.

rest - http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/23/ex-colts-center-saturday-agrees-to-terms-with-packers/?module=HP11_breaking_news

Ravage!!!
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty surprised by this. Bummer

wayninja
03-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I can't tell if we somehow missed out, or if the rumors that we were interested in the first place were purely manufactured.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Saturday signs a deal with the packers. Time for Walton to go to school!

FA surprises again! Does this mean Konz is now #1 on the draft board??? :lol:

Well, at least by the new rules Peyton is allowed alot more work since he's coming off injury... wait, does that include C's or is it just with receivers! :eek:

G_Money
03-23-2012, 12:39 PM
ooof.

That kinda sucks.

I don't have the faith in this OL yet. Gotta wait for other improvements along it, I guess.

~G

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Would have been nice, but I think we'll be alright without him. He has about the same shelf life as Manning, maybe less. Walton can eother figure it out or we can find another center in the draft. Doesnt have to be a 1st rounder. Mike Brewster later would be a nice fit

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Wait...I thought Free Agents weren't going to come here only if Tebow was our QB..:laugh:

LawDog
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Not upset at all. Peyton will impart his wisdom I'm sure, and we need to lay a foundation for the future, not just try and buy a one-year-wonder SB team.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Saturday is old as hell...could been cool to sign, but he'd offer no long term value.

Did Wells sign anywhere?

BigDaddyBronco
03-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, Wells went to the Rams. Saturday would have only lasted a year or two, but would have helped Walton develop or given time to replace him. I hope Peyton eats his Wheaties as out interior line is a huge question mark.

Cugel
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I was going to post this, but the news has already been overtaken by events.

Free agent center Jeff Saturday visited the Broncos but is leaning toward signing with Green Bay, according to an NFL source.

The Broncos should concentrate on signing a G and C to strengthen their line. This was outlined as a glaring weakness last year, and it hasn't gotten any better. It's easy to get a G in FA (T's are harder of course). DTs are tough to find and good ones are rarely FA.

2 TEs and a WR are nice additions, but so far they've only LOST linemen (Bunkley) and haven't signed any.

Yet outside of the secondary (adding a S and CB is great!) they need a G, a C, and a DT. In fact they need 4 good DT because they have none. Vickerson, Thomas, McBean and Warren? That's a HORRIBLE rotation. Only Warren of that group was ever any good and he hasn't played in years now and may retire.

Oh, the best of the crappy useless chodes they have left is Marcus Thomas (not that he's better than a mediocre run stuffer but they have nothing better) and he's looking at signing with another team like Bunkley. The Broncos are trying to re-sign him but no word yet that they're any more likely to succeed than they were with Bunkley.

They might need to make a trade prior to the draft to strengthen their OL and DL. Otherwise teams are going to run right up the middle on them for big yardage. And they are going to crush Manning like a grape. :tsk:

Nomad
03-23-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty surprised by this. Bummer

Man....I am too. I hope Manning can function without him.

I guess Saturday felt his chances for another ring were better with the Packers.