PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Trade a Distraction or Improvement ??

HammeredOut
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Be honest. Is Tebow more of a distraction to any new team, then actually being helpful. My take is he is a distraction.

slim
03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
It's the offseason. What exactly is he distracting people from? Their vacations?

HammeredOut
03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
It's the offseason. What exactly is he distracting people from? Their vacations?

If you are the New York Jets. Would you do the trade... And if so.. Is this a distraction to the rest of the Jets team??

SOCALORADO.
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
So glad TT is no longer a distraction for DEN.

Nick
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
It is a distraction overall having him on your team and makes it so players will not go to your team. Porter and Dressen would never have came here if Tebow was here. The Jets players right now are thinking WTF.

Tebow is a PR nightmare and even more so for New York where they boo their QB fairly quick.

However, Distraction is not entirly negative thing. People like certain stories, drama, people they can relate to, all that reality TV garbage.

Tebow, Is going to make the jets more profitable as it would for us. BUT Bowlen whom I have a lot of respect for and Elway believe superbowl > $

BroncoStud
03-23-2012, 10:54 AM
And ANOTHER bash Tebow thread... Give it up man. The guy is gone and you're still trashing him. Tebow AT MINIMAL is a good short yardage gimmick pickup. But at best he will supplant a shaky mental midget Mark Sanchez at QB, or push him to improve. It's so dumb to bash a player who led supposedly YOUR team to their first playoff win in 6 years.

MileHighCrew
03-23-2012, 10:54 AM
The Jets missed that role player last year more than they thought they would so he fills a need, but as Bronco fans we know they are getting way more than just a football player. The Teboi's will always make Tebow a distraction.

Nick
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
And ANOTHER bash Tebow thread... Give it up man. The guy is gone and you're still trashing him. Tebow AT MINIMAL is a good short yardage gimmick pickup. But at best he will supplant a shaky mental midget Mark Sanchez at QB, or push him to improve. It's so dumb to bash a player who led supposedly YOUR team to their first playoff win in 6 years.

I do not think it is a thread to bash but wanting to see people views on the situation.

In all reality, he is very popular and media talks about him 24/7. When is last time you have seen a back up QB that was traded for a 4th rounder have a press conference?

With the media filling the Tebow fan's head with Tebow or Sanchez already... Will become a distraction. The overal positve improvement is at the bottom line on how much revenue that team brings in.

The Jets know they can not really bring him in as a situational player... Won't work.

wayninja
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm so glad Tebow is gone so all the Tebow threads stop. :rolleyes:

slim
03-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Mods, please move this thread to the NYJ forum.

HammeredOut
03-23-2012, 11:12 AM

Charlie Whitehurst led the Seahawks to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and upset the Saints in the first round, does Whitehurst and Tebow have a lot in common?? They both beat top teams in the Playoffs. It doesn't mean they are good players...

This is a fair question. Is Tebow a distraction to any team that picks him up?? Bashing a QB who rushes the ball more then he completes passes makes no sense at this point. A fair question. Is Tebow a distraction to any team??

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Cmon...he's gonna help them.

If he was such a huge distraction as the media makes him out to be, then why did our shitty team all of a sudden get competitive with him?

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Charlie Whitehurst led the Seahawks to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and upset the Saints in the first round, does Whitehurst and Tebow have a lot in common?? They both beat top teams in the Playoffs. It doesn't mean they are good players...

This is a fair question. Is Tebow a distraction to any team that picks him up?? Bashing a QB who rushes the ball more then he completes passes makes no sense at this point. A fair question. Is Tebow a distraction to any team??

Uhhhh....no.....Your thinking of Hasselbeck....Whitehurst barely played that year.

Nick
03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Cmon...he's gonna help them.

If he was such a huge distraction as the media makes him out to be, then why did our shitty team all of a sudden get competitive with him?

Did you rat us out for trolling those boards? ;)

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
It is a distraction overall having him on your team and makes it so players will not go to your team. Porter and Dressen would never have came here if Tebow was here. The Jets players right now are thinking WTF.

Tebow is a PR nightmare and even more so for New York where they boo their QB fairly quick.

However, Distraction is not entirly negative thing. People like certain stories, drama, people they can relate to, all that reality TV garbage.

Tebow, Is going to make the jets more profitable as it would for us. BUT Bowlen whom I have a lot of respect for and Elway believe superbowl > $

:laugh: You speak as if Dressen and Porter are top flight FA's....don't be ridiculous.

Nick
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
:laugh: You speak as if Dressen and Porter are top flight FA's....don't be ridiculous.

They were a few top on my board, We already got the top FA in Manning and these guys are solid pick ups for this team. I am not a fan of a lot of the overpaid players at certain positions in free agency. Elway just gets it.

Many people would want Mike Wallace but for how much money it would take and the risk... Not worth it. It is all about value at a position and this team needs depth as well. You can get 5-6 players that can be solid players then this one player.

Cortland Finnegan (TEN) - Despite some of his ÒdirtyÓ tactics as some may call it, Finnegan has been a top 10 corner for much of his career. He's strong in run support and solid in coverage. He lacks ideal size, but is a perfect fit for what the Titans do on the perimeter. There were rumors that Finnegan was displeased with the lack of contract talks coming into the year and it doesn't appear if they have taken off the ground even to this point. Finnegan seems open to returning on a long-term contract, but seems skeptical about the possibility of it coming to fruition.

I like Cortland Finnegan and Brandon Carr is alright but Porter dollar for dollar is better then overspending and paying finnegan top dollar. The Broncos will address CB in draft and will not be suprised if brought in another. The best thing is the 1 year deal to provide proof on what will bring to the table.

I hate seeing the free agents in first 2 weeks getting over 6 times their worth.

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
They were a few top on my board, We already got the top FA in Manning and these guys are solid pick ups for this team. I am not a fan of a lot of the overpaid players at certain positions in free agency. Elway just gets it.

Many people would want Mike Wallace but for how much money it would take and the risk... Not worth it. It is all about value at a position and this team needs depth as well. You can get 5-6 players that can be solid players then this one player.

Cortland Finnegan (TEN) - Despite some of his ÒdirtyÓ tactics as some may call it, Finnegan has been a top 10 corner for much of his career. He's strong in run support and solid in coverage. He lacks ideal size, but is a perfect fit for what the Titans do on the perimeter. There were rumors that Finnegan was displeased with the lack of contract talks coming into the year and it doesn't appear if they have taken off the ground even to this point. Finnegan seems open to returning on a long-term contract, but seems skeptical about the possibility of it coming to fruition.

I like Cortland Finnegan and Brandon Carr is alright but Porter dollar for dollar is better then overspending and paying finnegan top dollar. The Broncos will address CB in draft and will not be suprised if brought in another. The best thing is the 1 year deal to provide proof on what will bring to the table.

I hate seeing the free agents in first 2 weeks getting over 6 times their worth.

I'm not saying they aren't solid pickups...I love the moves....

But to say these two guys are too good for Tebow is perposterous....

You might would have an argument for Dressen since he would probably be targeted more elsewhere than with Tebow, but what reason would Porter have for not coming?

Nick
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not saying they aren't solid pickups...I love the moves....

But to say these two guys are too good for Tebow is perposterous....

You might would have an argument for Dressen since he would probably be targeted more elsewhere than with Tebow, but what reason would Porter have for not coming?

Tebow would also effect the defense side of ball. Hence cromarties comments before Tebow was a Jet. If you compare Tebow to other QB's that have won a superbowl the major difference is, They are far more accurate and style of play. This effects defense, Deffense stills wins championships but offense can sure lose championships.

Krugan
03-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Nope, not to a team that isnt or wasnt in the bottom 5 in the league under the starter. Had we not sucked so terribly, the Tebow chants would have been 1/10th of what they were. Blame the orginazation as much as the followers, and then you might have a valid argument.

People are making far to much about the whole thing.

Nick
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Nope, not to a team that isnt or wasnt in the bottom 5 in the league under the starter. Had we not sucked so terribly, the Tebow chants would have been 1/10th of what they were. Blame the orginazation as much as the followers, and then you might have a valid argument.

People are making far to much about the whole thing.

People are waiting to call for his name. Have Tebow on your team equals 5 million new fans... Only the Jets could trade for a QB controversy.

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Tebow would also effect the defense side of ball. Hence cromarties comments before Tebow was a Jet. If you compare Tebow to other QB's that have won a superbowl the major difference is, They are far more accurate and style of play. This effects defense, Deffense stills wins championships but offense can sure lose championships.

haha...if it weren't for Tebow we wouldn't have Manning or any other FA's of any significance either...

You think Manning or anyone else of significance would have came here if we would have stayed on the 1-4 path we started on last year, or the 2 year stretch that was the worst in the league???

Yeah, I don't think so either...

Northman
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I have ZERO doubt that Tebow will be a distraction to the Jets. With Sanchez struggling as of late if he goes into next year and doesnt perform well it will be the same chaos that was here with Orton, etc. In order for there to not be any drama/distractions Tim would have to be a starter on team from the word go. But, coming in as a backup/special packages guy will always create issues for the team and its fanbase.

broncofaninfla
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Def a improvement. He might not be a great QB in a conventional sense but there is no denying the postive impact his play had on our team last year. There is no reason to think he won't have a similar affect for teh Jets. Denver was a far better team with Tebow than it was with Orton, he earned the respect of the team and the team rallied behind him. I can't help but expect the same in NY. Like he was here, he'll be an impact player in special packages and I'm among those that thinks he'll be improved player in a conventional offense for the Jets as well. Granted the Jets now have a QB conterversey brewing BUT Sanchez might take it to another level with the threat of Tebow supplanting him. IMO this is a win-win for the Jets and their fans.

wayninja
03-23-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree with this thread, I think Tebow should be traded.

Krugan
03-23-2012, 12:23 PM
People are waiting to call for his name. Have Tebow on your team equals 5 million new fans... Only the Jets could trade for a QB controversy.

And why is that an issue?

New fans is the idea behind the league, so discouraging that is assinine.

What really is the distraction, other that not wanting to deal with the message board spam, and that doesnt affect the team.

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I have ZERO doubt that Tebow will be a distraction to the Jets. With Sanchez struggling as of late if he goes into next year and doesnt perform well it will be the same chaos that was here with Orton, etc. In order for there to not be any drama/distractions Tim would have to be a starter on team from the word go. But, coming in as a backup/special packages guy will always create issues for the team and its fanbase.

Anytime your starting QB isn't very good there is going to be controversy...that sort of thing is not unique to Tebow.

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

So why did Bunkley leave then?...We just picked up a great QB didn't we?

rationalfan
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Tebow is not a distraction. Tebow's fans, however, are a tidal wave of distraction.

HammeredOut
03-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Tebow is not a distraction. Tebow's fans, however, are a tidal wave of distraction.

I think this is the best answer on the thread.

So you agree that, if you get Tebow on your team, that the Player himself is not the distraction, but the "tidal wave" of fans are the real distraction.

I can understand this point as it would seem logical that your fans now become the coach, gm, and playcaller at points in the season when the Tebow chants errupt. I don't think much of Mark Sanchaz, and an 8-8 record would never get him into the playoffs like it did for Denver. But the fact, Tebow and Sanchaz have to co-exist seems like a distraction. Antonio Cramartie went on record saying "We don't need Tebow". Skip Bayless said "Tebow will win the Jets the Superbowl".... lol...

I believe this is already a distraction for the Jets.

wayninja
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Maybe asking jets fans would be more appropriate? :noidea:

rationalfan
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I can understand this point as it would seem logical that your fans now become the coach, gm, and playcaller at points in the season when the Tebow chants errupt. I don't think much of Mark Sanchaz, and an 8-8 record would never get him into the playoffs like it did for Denver. But the fact, Tebow and Sanchaz have to co-exist seems like a distraction. Antonio Cramartie went on record saying "We don't need Tebow". Skip Bayless said "Tebow will win the Jets the Superbowl".... lol... .

??????

Dzone
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
New York is a media circus anyway. Tebowmania will be status quo for that place. Now They have Linsanity and Tebowmania. .

Maybe Carmelo Anthony can learn a few things from Tebow, like how not to be a complete idiot

Canmore
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
New York is a media circus anyway. Tebowmania will be status quo for that place. Now They have Linsanity and Tebowmania. .

Maybe Carmelo Anthony can learn a few things from Tebow, like how not to be a complete idiot

Fat chance.

701Bronco
03-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Getting rid of Tebow was a giant mistake. Who cares if he is a distraction to us, that doesn't mean he is a distraction to the team. The fawking media treats him like Lindsay Lohan. Tebow is a role model to me and I hate seeing him in the media 24/7. He doesn't ask for it. We could have used his intangibles going forward next year. Play him in the red zone, throw him in for a run or let him surprise the opposing defense and throw a pass. Let Manning take a breather after a hit, he isn't getting any younger. I understand we didn't want to deal with the drama but I think the team itself realized it wasn't Tim's fault and they respected him regardless.

Nomad
03-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Lindsay Lohan is one messed up little girl and a distraction to society. Damn Disney Channel and their Mickey Mouse Club:lol:

Dzone
03-23-2012, 11:22 PM
The "distraction" took us out of the Luck sweepstakes and into the playoffs. Damn, too bad we couldnt have finished 1-15. Drat!