PDA

View Full Version : Jake Plummer on "Rome Is Burning"

broncophan
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
4:30 eastern time Thursday afternoon..........for anyone who cares to watch.

GEM
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Is he talking Olympics?

:D

T.K.O.
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
just a note to let you know jake was helping at the senior center last week and offered to rake leaves or anything he could do,he also has been delivering meals to needy people in the community....good dude that jake

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
just a note to let you know jake was helping at the senior center last week and offered to rake leaves or anything he could do,he also has been delivering meals to needy people in the community....good dude that jake

:welcome: to Broncos Forums :salute:

BeefStew25
04-15-2009, 05:29 PM

I am sure he let everyone know about it also.

T.K.O.
04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
thanx for the welcome,
i,m looking forward to seeing the "new look " broncos this season and hope we can win at least 2 of our "easy" first 3 games to get a winning attitude rolling in denver ,as were gonna need it weeks 4-12:salute:

Nomad
04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
thanx for the welcome,
i,m looking forward to seeing the "new look " broncos this season and hope we can win at least 2 of our "easy" first 3 games to get a winning attitude rolling in denver ,as were gonna need it weeks 4-12:salute:

Same here TKO!!!:salute:

underrated29
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
were gonna need it weeks 4-12:salute:

i think that will be our record too.

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm sick of people thinking Denver is doomed. I think the Broncos are going to be competitive and if the defense can actually make a few STOPS, Denver can win some games.

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Jake Plummer is a stud!!

He never said "it's going"...blah blah blah

All he has ever done is win games and help out those in need.

I hope he is going on Rome tomorrow to say he is coming out of retirement, the Broncos traded Simms back to tampa with Orton and got Plummer back.

Talk about a true teammate and winner. :beer:

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
4:30 eastern time Thursday afternoon..........for anyone who cares to watch.

Rome loves Jake.....:beer:

underrated29
04-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm sick of people thinking Denver is doomed. I think the Broncos are going to be competitive and if the defense can actually make a few STOPS, Denver can win some games.

Yes.

4 of them.

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
i think that will be our record too.

lol!

i think our only 4 wins are we beat cleve, cinn and split with oak and kc.

UnderArmour
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Jake Plummer is a stud!!

I hope he is going on Rome tomorrow to say he is coming out of retirement, the Broncos traded Simms back to tampa with Orton and got Plummer back.

Just no.

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Jake Plummer is a stud!!

id rather have plummer back then orton.

Overtime
04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Is he talking Olympics?

:D

they'd be Special Olympics if he was.........:lol:

weazel
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM

at least your avatar is correct

T.K.O.
04-15-2009, 07:28 PM

actually the funny thing is when he signed up to do the meal deliveries ,the lady at the center asked him to fill out a form for fuel reimbursment and he said he didnt need it,
she replied we all need gas mone
he said well im ok in that departmenrt.... she looked at his info and said " oh... your that jake plummer"

girler
04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
actually the funny thing is when he signed up to do the meal deliveries ,the lady at the center asked him to fill out a form for fuel reimbursment and he said he didnt need it,
she replied we all need gas mone
he said well im ok in that departmenrt.... she looked at his info and said " oh... your that jake plummer"

You have a lot of inside info TKO...

Superchop 7
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Jake Plummer.....if it's true about helping the needy.... I tip my cap.

T.K.O.
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
You have a lot of inside info TKO...

because i live about 45 min from his place and my food distributor for my business also does the senior center in sandpoint idaho...its all true

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Jake Plummer is a stud!!

I'm a big fan of Jake Plummer, but the thought of him trying to run McDaniels offense.....lol.

Lonestar
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
:salute:
I think they will be competitive also and not lose blow outs like they have the past few years..:salute:

How ever being competitive and consistently winning many be two completely different things..

sneakers
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't know what you are talking about people....Jake is an olympic hero.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Reminder, Plummer will be on soon!:D

Nomad
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Solid interview by Jake, mainly about him hosting 'Patsrun',a tribute to Pat Tillman, and talked about Shanahan!! He said Cutler made the wrong decision and should of stayed because Denver is a great football town and loves their team and would have loved him for a long time.!!

Superchop 7
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm a big fan of Jake Plummer, but the thought of him trying to run McDaniels offense.....lol.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I thought the same thing when we got Jake.....no way can he run Shanny's offense.

But, he worked his tail off and made it happen.

Could he run McD's ?

I have no doubt, would he be better than Orton ?

once again......I have no doubt.

The wild card with Jake is that guys on both sides of the ball played hard for him, he had alot of respect in the locker room.

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 04:13 PM
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

I thought the same thing when we got Jake.....no way can he run Shanny's offense.

But, he worked his tail off and made it happen.

Could he run McD's ?

I have no doubt, would he be better than Orton ?

once again......I have no doubt.

The wild card with Jake is that guys on both sides of the ball played hard for him, he had alot of respect in the locker room.

really? Shanny's offense took advantage of Jake's strengths (mobility, ability to throw on the run from either side) and negated his biggest weaknesses (passing from the pocket; quick, decisive decision making). McDaniels system, going by NE the past few years, would be the exact opposite.

I like Jake as much as the next guy, and more than most, but a pocket passer he certainly was not.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.indenvertimes.com/2009/04/16/plummer-weighs-in-on-cutler-shanahan/

Who’s right, who’s wrong? Ex-Broncos QB Plummer throws out his views

The Denver Broncos made the right decision to fire Mike Shanahan, and Jay Cutler made wrong decisions in the situation that led the team to trade him to the Chicago Bears.

At least that’s the viewpoint of former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer, who retired in 2007.

Speaking with Jim Rome on ESPN’s “Rome is Burning,” Plummer said if he had been Cutler, “I would’ve stayed (in Denver).”

“As a quarterback, I think you’ve got to look at what’s coming in,” Plummer said from Sandpoint, Idaho. “I think (new Broncos coach Josh) McDaniels is going to bring in a system that’s going to work, that’s going to be focused around the quarterback.
“(Cutler) chose to take off and leave from that situation, which, as a quarterback, I think it would be a great situation to be in. (But) for some reason, the feathers were ruffled . . . I leave the soap operas to the daytime TV shows. I would rather go out and play. I neever wanted to get caught up in that stuff.”

Plummer, who played 10 seasons in the NFL, believes Cutler might regret walking away from Broncos fans.

“I think he might have made the wrong decision because Denver’s a great football town, they love their football there,” said the Arizona State product. “If you perform well and you’re tough and you battle and you show the crowd through the cheers and through the boos that you’re going to come out everyday and work hard, then they love you there. I think some of the fans miss me extremely much there now.”

Plummer said Cutler “is a great quarterback. I’m sure he’ll have a long career.”

Then there’s the matter of Shanahan, whom owner Pat Bowlen fired and then replaced with McDaniels.

“I thought it was a good move,” Plummer said. “(Shanahan had) been there for a long time and done some great things, but his style and his way of coaching, I think, just grew a little stale.”

For example?

“I think when you game plan and you put in, oh, 140, 150 pass plays when you’re going to run maybe 65 to 75 plays in a game, and of those, maybe 25 to 30 are passes, you’re overdoing it,” Plummer told Rome. “If you’re such a great coach, focus on the defense and know what’s going to work — not have to force us to practice and study.
“I believe in letting players play. I was a guy who could make plays out of nothing . . . I think he just had his run with me, was ready to move on.”

Plummer does not regret his decision to retire rather than accept a trade to Tampa Bay.

“Retirement has been nice to me,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed a lot of things, mainly being out here in nature (in Idaho). Just enjoying life, having a good time.

“The game was good to me . . . I was ready to walk away from the game. The game and playing was the most fun. But nowadays, all the stuff that goes along with it, that got to be a little too much for me.”

tubby
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Jake Freaking Plummer

War the snake

claymore
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Jake Plummer is a stud!!

Jake was a loser that cared only for himself. He acted way more immature than cutler.

He flipped off the fans and kicked in tail lights. How you guys like this guy is just amazing.

omac
04-16-2009, 06:24 PM

I agree with your thinking. A defense that could make some stops could've really contributed the last two seasons. Right now, I'm not looking for a defense that can win games; I'd settle for a defense that won't lose games. Coyer respectable level would be great. :D

On predicting Denver is doomed, that happened last year too, so it's nothing new. The perception is probably fueled from witnessing poor defenses the last 2 seasons. It's also been compounded, because the status of the offense has moved from a strength to a question mark, at least until we see results in the regular season.

Considering all that's happened, though, if the offense takes a step back, but the defense with Nolan takes a leap forward, then I'll take that as a win, no matter what our record is. :cheers:

girler
04-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Jake is hot. I LOVE the beard. :lollypop:

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Jake was a loser that cared only for himself. He acted way more immature than cutler.

He flipped off the fans and kicked in tail lights. How you guys like this guy is just amazing.

Well he was well loved by a lot in this city, played his guts out ( thats why I like him ) didn't pout when something went wrong, did a lot for other people and still does, and your statement about him only caring for himself couldn't be more off base.

Anyway, the interview was good I thought. He didn't mess around with talking PC or Cliche's...he spoke straight forward...like he always does.

Nomad
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Well he was well loved by a lot in this city, played his guts out ( thats why I like him ) didn't pout when something went wrong, did a lot for other people and still does, and your statement about him only caring for himself couldn't be more off base.

Anyway, the interview was good I thought. He didn't mess around with talking PC or Cliche's...he spoke straight forward...like he always does.

He even admitted letting his emotions get carried away and regrets it ! Jake is a down-to-earth guy and he looks like a person who would be fun to hang around, not some snooty QB worried about his stats!!

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
He even admitted letting his emotions get carried away and regrets it ! Jake is a down-to-earth guy and he looks like a person who would be fun to hang around, not some snooty QB worried about his stats!!

Jakes a stoner, hand-ball freak, laid back kind of guy.

All of them are "down-to-earth"

Nomad
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Jakes a stoner, hand-ball freak, laid back kind of guy.

All of them are "down-to-earth"

Not all QBs are down to earth, alot are stiffs.....at all levels!

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Not all QBs are down to earth, alot are stiffs.....at all levels!

No I know that.

I'm saying all the stoner, hand-ball, relaxed Quarterbacks (such as Plummer) are down-to-earth.

Jay Cutler needs to spend a weekend up with Jake Plummer :lol:

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
No I know that.

I'm saying all the stoner, hand-ball, relaxed Quarterbacks (such as Plummer) are down-to-earth.

Jay Cutler needs to spend a weekend up with Jake Plummer :lol:

From what it looks like, Jay is doing fine on his own concerning the party scene.

Overtime
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Jake the Fake is trash, and he's a loser, why do we have rehash this crap everytime his name gets mentioned? I hope we find our QB win a Super Bowl, and then no one will have any reason to bring that piece of shit up ever again.

BeefStew25
04-16-2009, 08:14 PM
From what it looks like, Jay is doing fine on his own concerning the party scene.

Almost as good as our new QB.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM

Jake isn't a partier...he's a laid back stoner.

Jay needs to take lessons.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Jake isn't a partier...he's a laid back stoner.

Jay needs to take lessons.

Maybe he could teach him how to win a game or two also...:laugh:

Dreadnought
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Almost as good as our new QB.

You know, that made me think of a nice thing to say about Jake - he actually had more talent than Kyle Orton has. Now there's not many guys playing QB in the NFL you can say that about, but I'll give the man his due. Fair is fair.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Maybe he could teach him how to win a game or two also...:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Give Cutler the defense Jake Plummer had AND Clinton Portis/Reuben Droughns/Mike Anderson.....and Jay would match or exceed all of Jake's wins :coffee:

Overtime
04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Jake and Jay are gone, and it's time to let it go people, time to move on. we can shoulda, coulda, woulda, and if this and if that all day for the next 20 years and it'll never change the chain of events that have taken place.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 08:51 PM
He was a team player... RIGHT up to the point he quit football because he wasn't traded to the team he wanted. He played hard.. RIGHT up to the point another player was drafted at his position. He is all about the 'team'... right up to the point where he never showed up for any TB camps or practices. Jake just loved football......except the practicing and studying of the game.

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Jake and Jay are gone, and it's time to let it go people, time to move on. we can shoulda, coulda, woulda, and if this and if that all day for the next 20 years and it'll never change the chain of events that have taken place.

If you don't want to discuss Jake you didn't have to open this thread. I'm personally glad this thread was started or I'd have had no idea this interview took place.

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I <3 Jake Plummer. the haters need to go eat a bran muffin.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Jake Plummer threw a ball with his left hand, to the other teams DB, inside our 20 yard line.

And some people want to get on Cutler because of his interceptions?

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
He was a team player... RIGHT up to the point he quit football because he wasn't traded to the team he wanted. He played hard.. RIGHT up to the point another player was drafted at his position. He is all about the 'team'... right up to the point where he never showed up for any TB camps or practices. Jake just loved football......except the practicing and studying of the game.

Sounds a lot like Cutler.

:coffee:

UnderArmour
04-16-2009, 08:57 PM

...Okay, well if he wasn't a member of the Tampa Bay Bucs what do those actions matter? He never set foot in that locker room, for you to hold him accountable for that is laughable. Sorry, but this is a completely ridiculous argument. He did not want to play for the team he was traded to, he chose to retire. That was his right to do, the right to walk away. That has nothing to do with him being a team player or cancer.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Jake Plummer threw a ball with his left hand, to the other teams DB, inside our 20 yard line.

Oh heck.. we could go on a LONG LONG time about Jake and his INTs... he threw a LOT more than Jay...or any other QB that I know of for that matter.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh heck.. we could go on a LONG LONG time about Jake and his INTs... he threw a LOT more than Jay...or any other QB that I know of for that matter.

Huh.....I wonder what his record was as a starter in Denver? :confused:

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Jake also never lost three straight to blow a three game lead in the division with three weeks left. however, he did lead us to an AFCCG. but, yeah, at least Cutler hasn't tried a pass with his left hand...yet.

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Video of the interview:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4075162

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:05 PM
while in Denver...

39-15 record as a starter
71 td's to 47 ints

Thanks Jake!!

Buff
04-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Personally, I like to rip them both for being morons.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Huh.....I wonder what his record was as a starter in Denver? :confused:

Huh... :confused: I wonder how good his defense was when here??:confused:

HUH... I wonder what year VETERAN he was by the time he got here....HUH????:confused:

Bragging about a guy finally winning after 7years in the NFL isn't exactly making your point :coffee:

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Jake also never lost three straight to blow a three game lead in the division with three weeks left. however, he did lead us to an AFCCG. but, yeah, at least Cutler hasn't tried a pass with his left hand...yet.

Too bad it took him seven years to find an offense and defense in tact for him to manage.

Buff
04-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Video of the interview:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4075162

Who brings their dog to an interview?

BeefStew25
04-16-2009, 09:12 PM

A Gunslinger Without A Cause

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 09:13 PM

I thought it was cool that he did that. I am a big dog person though. Gives you a good perspective of how happy and laid back he is. I was one of his harshest critics in Denver but the longer it gets since he left, the more I appreciate him.

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:16 PM

Yeah that's terrific 1-3 in the playoffs with three beat down losses in three years. Yeah he did a terrific job.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah that's terrific 1-3 in the playoffs with three beat down losses in three years. Yeah he did a terrific job.

Playoffs...what are those? ITs been so long since we were there.

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 09:27 PM

All I remember from those 3 losses was Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger bending our defenses over the table and raping them.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:27 PM

Oh, but remember.....it must be the defense's fault....right TX?

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM

All I remember from those 3 losses was Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger bending our defenses over the table and raping them.

:laugh:.. .........

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:29 PM

According to the way you whined at the time it sure was or don't you remember?

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM

Oh.. so now we can fault the defenses fault for the pathetic playoff record... BUT we can't do that for Jay Cutler.? The same defense that was horrid for both 2007 and 2008??

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:32 PM
According to the way you whined at the time it sure was or don't you remember?

Oh no...I remember clearly....our defense stunk it up.

but I guess according to your logic, Jake played defense against Manning and Roth...

BroncoWave
The only one of those playoff losses you could really put on Jake was the Pitt game when he threw 4 picks. But in the 2 Indy game, Peyton Manning had his way with our secondary. When your defense gives up 40+ points in both of those games, there isn't much ANY QB could have done to win those games.

Watchthemiddle
Oh.. so now we can fault the defenses fault for the pathetic playoff record... BUT we can't do that for Jay Cutler.? The same defense that was horrid for both 2007 and 2008??

Plummer still won with that horid defense...Cutler could not...therefore he is now in Chicago...:laugh:

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM

It was worse in 2007 and 2008.... unfortunately

BroncoWave

Show me where I have said Cutler was at fault for most of the losses in his tenure. I'd love to see it.

Peerless
Show me where I have said Cutler was at fault for most of the losses in his tenure. I'd love to see it.

That was towards WTM.

Ravage!!!
Plummer still won with that horid defense...Cutler could not...therefore he is now in Chicago...:laugh:

Yeaaaahhhhhh... thats why he's in Chicago.

Jake won so 'well'... we drafted Cutler to take his place.. and then traded him away for a 7th. :laugh:

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 09:34 PM
That was towards WTM.

Fair enough, but you did quote my post! :lol:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:34 PM

Jake won so 'well'... we drafted Cutler to take his place.. and then traded him away for a 7th. :laugh:

Yup, got a hall of fame coach fired, too.

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:35 PM

How can that even be used as arguement to defend Plummer when it couldn't be used by Cutler who had considerably worse defense?

Peerless
Fair enough, but you did quote my post! :lol:

Because it was good. Maybe I'll leave you a high five :lol:

Watchthemiddle

Well his record, his whinny attitude, his poutyness...that got him to Chicago too....:laugh:

Buy CUtty...

Thanks for playing

Next

:laugh:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM
How can that even be used as arguement to defend Plummer when it couldn't be used by Cutler who had considerably worse defense.

Maybe because those three losses didn't happen consecutively? With a Division title on the line?

:noidea:

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Well his record, his whinny attitude, his poutyness...that got him to Chicago too....:laugh:

Buy CUtty...

Thanks for playing

Next

I think you me 'bye'.... unless you are looking to purchase him

but.. BYE WTM... thanks for playing :coffee:

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe because those three losses didn't happen consecutively? With a Division title on the line?

Nice try.....

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM

:lol:

It was "only" the playoffs...

BroncoWave
04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
How can that even be used as arguement to defend Plummer when it couldn't be used by Cutler who had considerably worse defense?

I've used the same argument for the player. The only thing I've criticized him for was his attitude in this whole drama. I'm not one of the ones whose been holding the 17-20 thing above his head, so try again.

MOtorboat

Um...what?

Ravage!!!

Hardly... got that HoF coach applauded......

MOtorboat
Nice try.....

:lol:

It was "only" the playoffs...

So...it WAS three consecutive games with the division on the line?

Guess I missed that.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM

awesome, not only do I have a quote in a sig...others are using my phrase.

I am ...:cool:

And no, I would not purchase Jay.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
awesome, not only do I have a quote in a sig...others are using my phrase.

I am ...:cool:

And no, I would not purchase Jay.

They're not laughing with you... They're laughing at you.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Hardly... got that HoF coach applauded......

Um, what? Seriously, I don't even know what point you're trying to make. The HOF coach drafted a quarterback who never played in the playoffs to replace a quarterback who took him there three times. Seriously, what's your point?

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Really? I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Shanahan not wanting to get rid of Slowik. I guess you forgot that little tidbit.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Really? I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Shanahan not wanting to get rid of Slowik. I guess you forgot that little tidbit.

Yup, that was the ONLY reason.

LOL. Keep telling yourself that.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Mike Shanahan got himself fired... When he kept putting the scapegoat on every defensive coordinator that he brought in and failed.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Mike Shanahan got himself fired... When he kept putting the scapegoat on every defensive coordinator that he brought in and failed.

LMAO...the lack of scoring points had NOTHING to do with it, did it?

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM

No.....

Watchthemiddle
They're not laughing with you... They're laughing at you.

thanks for playing

next

Watchthemiddle

but but but but but.......:rolleyes:

MOtorboat
No.....

lol.

I believe the word delusional comes to mind.

Peerless
thanks for playing

next

Now you're laughing at yourself.

People, it doesn't get any worse than this....

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Um, what? Seriously, I don't even know what point you're trying to make. The HOF coach drafted a quarterback who never played in the playoffs to replace a quarterback who took him there three times. Seriously, what's your point?

The same playoff caliber quarterback that had a 1-3 record in the playoffs with three blowout losses.

Peerless
lol.

I believe the word delusional comes to mind.

That word fits coach McDummy perfectly. Couldn't agree with you, and your 40 post per day average any more. :salute:

MOtorboat
The same playoff caliber quarterback that had a 1-3 record in the playoffs with three blowout losses.

Last time I checked Jay Cutler is not a "playoff-caliber" quarterback. He's never played in the playoffs, actually, unless you forgot that, which you apparently have.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
That word fits coach McDummy perfectly. Couldn't agree with you, and your 40 post per day average any more. :salute:

A.) Use stupid, unintelligent nickname for head coach.
B.) Attack my post count.

Let's see...I bow to you...both relevant arguments...

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Ahhhh playoffs.....I wonder what its like to get there...its been so long.

Guess I got spoiled going 4 years in a row.....

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
A.) Use stupid, unintelligent nickname for head coach.
B.) Attack my post count.

Let's see...I bow to you...both relevant arguments...

Don't cry. It won't get you far in life.

Only in dungeons and dragons.

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Yup, that was the ONLY reason.

LOL. Keep telling yourself that.

Once you actually come with something substantial to support your claim let me know. ;)

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Don't cry. It won't get you far in life.

Only in dungeons and dragons.

So another personal attack?

Do you have a point?

Peerless

Yes. We were spoiled going 1-3.

What's the point of going to the playoffs if you're going to get blown out every year? :lol:

Watchthemiddle
Once you actually come with something substantial to support your claim let me know. ;)

Pot meet kettle

Peerless

Do you have a point?

Jay Cutler... is not the "only" reason Mike Shanhan was fired.

MOtorboat

Substantial?

We made the playoffs three years in a row with Plummer.
We missed the playoffs three years in a row with Cutler.

How "substantial" do I have to get?

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Ummm... Isn't that postseason record tremendously better than Cutler's record? You shot yourself in the foot there big time.

So, we can blame the defense for Cutler's losing (and going 2 TDs-4 INTs in 3 must-win games to win the AFCW and get to the Playoffs) but Plummer's Broncos defenses giving up 38+ in the Playoffs is his fault?

You guys are really getting desperate. It's becoming like a comedy. Both QBs are gone. Denver'll have a new future QB in less than 10 days. Get over it and move on, because the Broncos certainly have... More on that coming.

I agree with your thinking. A defense that could make some stops could've really contributed the last two seasons. Right now, I'm not looking for a defense that can win games; I'd settle for a defense that won't lose games. Coyer respectable level would be great. :D

On predicting Denver is doomed, that happened last year too, so it's nothing new. The perception is probably fueled from witnessing poor defenses the last 2 seasons. It's also been compounded, because the status of the offense has moved from a strength to a question mark, at least until we see results in the regular season.

Considering all that's happened, though, if the offense takes a step back, but the defense with Nolan takes a leap forward, then I'll take that as a win, no matter what our record is. :cheers:

I think to say Denver jumps to a middling defense is definitely possible and would be a vast improvement and keep them in games that they would've lost a year or two ago. A new scheme alone with the same personnel can make all the difference. The defensive playcalling was not only atrocious, but very timid with hardly any adjustments. If your DL blows, you have to compensate it by bltzing. Denver didn't nearly blitz enough with the ineffective DLine they had. And the CBs playing with such a cushion, regardless of how many times they get burned or the auto-1st Downs? WTF was up with that?!

Also, I am somewhat confident in the QB McDaniels selects and he definitely will grab one in the later rounds. That's one thing the guy knows is offense and QBs. I believe he can find a competent future Starter to groom for the next few years (even if he isn't here) that's not named SANCHEZ.

Though they should offer some trade-in at the Broncos Store, 50% off any Jersey when you trade in a Cutler jersey.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes. We were spoiled going 1-3.

What's the point of going to the playoffs if you're going to get blown out every year? :lol:

I like that....thats good sig material..:laugh:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Jay Cutler... is not the "only" reason Mike Shanhan was fired.

Where did I say Jay Cutler was the only reason he got fired?

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:52 PM

Ah ya some people enjoy the Broncos getting pummeled. By the it would hurt if learned to count. 1-3 in the playoffs with three blowouts in three years. :coffee:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Ah ya some people enjoy the Broncos getting pummeled. By the it would hurt if learned to count. 1-3 in the playoffs with three blowouts in three years. :coffee:

Go root for the Chiefs. You and Carl Peterson ought to be good friends.

It's ALWAYS better to be in the playoffs than not.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Do you have a point?

It was the only reason you mentioned a couple pages back.

And btw.. you're the one who attacked me first by calling me delusional. I don't apprecify that tiger.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
So...was it more humiliating being in the AFC Championship game or getting blown out by San Diego in the final game of the year?

Personally...I'm choosing the San Diego game.

It's sad that people are actually justifying scenario B.) while condemning scenario A.).

Sad.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
So...was it more humiliating being in the AFC Championship game or getting blown out by San Diego in the final game of the year?

Personally...I'm choosing the San Diego game.

It's sad that people are actually justifying scenario B.) while condemning scenario A.).

Sad.

Well...

We were at home in the AFCCG.. .with all the momentum in our favor from that huge NE win..... So.. it's prettttttttty damn close if you ask me.

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM

You mean like this one?

Originally Posted by MissouriBronc

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
It was the only reason you mentioned a couple pages back.

And btw.. you're the one who attacked me first by calling me delusional. I don't apprecify that tiger.

It might be the only reason I mentioned, but its not he only reason that exists.

There's a BIG difference.

I didn't call you delusional. But you're argument is approaching it.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:57 PM
It might be the only reason I mentioned, but its not he only reason that exists.

There's a BIG difference.

I didn't call you delusional. But you're argument is approaching it.

My one statement of why he got fired, can be considered LESS as delusional of you saying "Cutler is the reason".

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 09:58 PM

First I am no Cutler pacifist or Plummer apologist.

By your statement Jay Cutler certainly SUCKED by your measure, because then Jake got Denver into the Playoffs with an OLine and WRs that wasn't as good as Cutler had and a defense that obviously didn't belong and sucked getting hammered in the playoffs.

Suddenly every post you make along these lines is like smacking yourself in the head with a hammer. This argument you keep making just isn't working, in fact it's working against you. Quit while you're ahead.

Watchthemiddle
Well...

We were at home in the AFCCG.. .with all the momentum in our favor from that huge NE win..... So.. it's prettttttttty damn close if you ask me.

Nope...you just beat your other post...

This one is definately signature material...:banghead:

MOtorboat
My one statement of why he got fired, can be considered LESS as delusional of you saying "Cutler is the reason".

Again, where did I say "Cutler is the reason."?

There are a lot of reasons. Cutler is a big part of it. And drafting Cutler to replace Plummer, and inserting Cutler in the lineup instead of Plummer in the lineup is a BIG part of why Shanahan got fired. (not the only...but it's clearly an issue)

Like it or not.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Again, where did I say "Cutler is the reason."?

There are a lot of reasons. Cutler is a big part of it. And drafting Cutler to replace Plummer, and inserting Cutler in the lineup instead of Plummer in the lineup is a BIG part of why Shanahan got fired. (not the only...but it's clearly an issue)

Like it or not.I guess you meant all of that..from this eh?

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:00 PM

Some people enjoy only playing 16 games a season and going 3 years in a row with mediocre records.....:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 10:00 PM

You live in Missouri you go root for the Chiefs.

The goal was to get the Super Bowl, not just get to the playoffs to get our brains beaten in three times with a quarterback who had no desire to actually study. If you can't handle it tough.

BeefStew25
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM

Mo, who can I root for? I mean you are the judge and jury for fans, right?

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Nope...you just beat your other post...

This one is definately signature material...:banghead:

What? What is more embarrassing?

Going into SD house under TONS of pressure... being UNDERDOGS and coming off two straight losses......and getting blown out in their yard.

OR

giving Tom Brady his first ever playoff loss while upsetting one of the top teams in the NFL on the road... Getting a home AFCCG... and choking in front of the home fans to a wild card team???

You are a tool dude..

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:02 PM

The goal was to get the Super Bowl, not just get to the playoffs to get our brains beaten in three times with a quarterback who had no desire to actually study. If you can't handle it tough.

So, can you please explain to me how we got closer to the Super Bowl with Jay Cutler then we did with Jake Plummer?

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Kind of tough to reach the goal of the Super Bowl with a QB with a starting record of 17-20 and has no idea of what it takes to win 1 big game...much less lead a team to the playoffs. WOW, if thats the definition of a franchise QB, than I don't want one on my team.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:03 PM

Going into SD house under TONS of pressure... being UNDERDOGS and coming off two straight losses......and getting blown out in their yard.

OR

giving Tom Brady his first ever playoff loss while upsetting one of the top teams in the NFL on the road... Getting a home AFCCG... and choking in front of the home fans to a wild card team???

You are a tool dude..

I'll take not making the playoffs and losing to a douche bag like Philip Rivers for 1,000, Alex.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I'll take not making the playoffs and losing to a douche bag like Philip Rivers for 1,000, Alex.

LOL that is more embarrassing....... Getting beat by a GOOD quarterback, compared to a rookie QB at HOME in the AFCCG.

Yeah okaaaaaay.

Please try harder if you land a daily double.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:08 PM

OR

You are a tool dude..

WOW...this conversation is useless.

SO..by your logic...whats more embarassing....playing at home against the Raiders and all you have to do is win and your in and getting blown out errr choking in front of the home fanse by the bottom dwellers in the league at HOME..by the Raiders...or the Bills?

Your right.....losing in the AFCCG is far more embarrasing than losing a 3 game lead with 3 to play.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL that is more embarrassing....... Getting beat by a GOOD quarterback, compared to a rookie QB at HOME in the AFCCG.

Yeah okaaaaaay.

WOW...Roth was only a rookie huh?

Facts ...use them. They make you more credible.

Please try harder if you land a daily double

:banghead:

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:11 PM

Yeah okaaaaaay.

Fail.

http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/gamelogs?id=ROE750381&season=2005

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:13 PM
WOW...this conversation is useless.

SO..by your logic...whats more embarassing....playing at home against the Raiders and all you have to do is win and your in and getting blown out errr choking in front of the home fanse by the bottom dwellers in the league at HOME..by the Raiders...or the Bills?

Your right.....losing in the AFCCG is far more embarrasing than losing a 3 game lead with 3 to play.

I'll use your pathetic ass answer from the other day

"Some of you... just don't get it."

And you still AVOID the answer by trying to use it as some sort of logic that I'm trying to prove....

What is more embarrassing?

Beating Tom Brady... a guy who just won a Super Bowl... giving him his first playoff loss in his career... winning a huge game where we went in as underdogs.... WON and got a HUGE MORAL boost and a HIGH along with an advantage to host the AFCCG at home... and we go in and show our home fans a huge CHOKE job???

OR

Not making the playoffs from losing three straight.. including the last game where we get blown out away from home.. where we are picked to loose, and get beat by a QB that we all call some *****... even though he RAPES us every time we play him????

I think I'll take the AFCCG. We had the momentum, the defense, and a clicking offense.. and we had ONE ******* game to win.

THAT is embarrassing.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll use your pathetic ass answer from the other day

"Some of you... just don't get it."

And you still AVOID the answer by trying to use it as some sort of logic that I'm trying to prove....

What is more embarrassing?

Beating Tom Brady... a guy who just won a Super Bowl... giving him his first playoff loss in his career... winning a huge game where we went in as underdogs.... WON and got a HUGE MORAL boost and a HIGH along with an advantage to host the AFCCG at home... against a ROOKIE QB.. and we go in and show our home fans a huge CHOKE job???

OR

Not making the playoffs from losing three straight.. including the last game where we get blown out away from home.. where we are picked to loose, and get beat by a QB that we all call some *****... even though he RAPES us every time we play him????

I think I'll take the AFCCG. We had the momentum, the defense, and a clicking offense.. and we had ONE ******* game to win.

THAT is embarrassing.

You do realize that other teams have lost the AFC Championship, while NONE have lost a three game lead with three games to go, right?

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Fail.

http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/gamelogs?id=ROE750381&season=2005

Eh. I still have a legit argument.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:17 PM

THAT is embarrassing.

I think you meant to say....."I'll take the 2008 season.....and we had one game to win out of three".

See...thats what you were supposed to say. With that I would see your logic...but your giberish about losing the AFCCG IN THE PLAYOFFS is more embarassing than a 3 game lead with 3 to play and losing 3 games and NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS is less embarassing just doesn't make any sense.

Peerless
You do realize that other teams have lost the AFC Championship, while NONE have lost a three game lead with three games to go, right?

Yeah I do.

Did you really... REALLY expect a win in week 16 AT SD? I always believe in my team.. but I KNEW what we were walking into, so I could see us getting killed... especially the way we were playing 2 weeks before.

I still think the AFCCG is more embarrassing....

MOtorboat
Eh. I still have a legit argument.

Um, no you don't.

Ben Roethlisberger is a two-time Super Bowl Champion. I don't find it embarrassing to lose to that. However, the worst collapse in NFL regular season history? Yeah, I find that kind of embarrassing.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah I do.

Did you really... REALLY expect a win in week 16 AT SD? I always believe in my time.. but I KNEW what we were walking into, so I could see us getting killed... especially the way we were playing 2 weeks before.

I still think the AFCCG is more embarrassing....

What about Weak 15?

We could have won that too, no?

Worst collapse in NFL history.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Um, no you don't.

Ben Roethlisberger is a two-time Super Bowl Champion. I don't find it embarrassing to lose to that. However, the worst collapse in NFL regular season history? Yeah, I find that kind of embarrassing.

He wasn't a SB champion... when we played him in the AFCCG tiger.

MOtorboat

But he is now. It's called perspective.

Watchthemiddle

Thats right huh ....according to YOU he was only a ROOKIE>..:laugh:

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Thats right huh ....according to YOU he was only a ROOKIE>..:laugh:

Yes.. That is correct.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes.. That is correct.

Whose the tool?:confused:

broncfn90
04-16-2009, 10:23 PM
i think we gave up on him to soon.... let the man finsh the season mike

Peerless
But he is now. It's called perspective.

Oh shit give me a break.

He wasn't a Super Bowl winner when he played us in the AFCCG. Perspective or no perspective.

I remember Steeler fans getting on Rothlisberger MUCH worse in only his second year, than some fans got on Jay Cutler here.

Forget perspective.

We got owned at home, in a game which we should have won..which would have propelled us to the Super Bowl.. the ******* Super Bowl.

I find it harshly embarrassing.

NightTrainLayne
Guys. Knock off the personal comments, and attacks. Any more going forward will have consequences attached to them. That goes for everyone in here.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Whose the tool?:confused:

You're still the tool. :coffee: :lol: And will always be one.

I deserve to be wrong from time to time. I hope you remember the long days of studying for finals.

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
]We got owned at home, in a game which we should have won..which would have propelled us to the Super Bowl...

What game were you watching? How should Denver have won that game to a physical Pitt D and a Pitt Offense that did whatever it wanted?

I think getting blown out of the building at Detroit was embarassing.

What was the score of the SD game @ Invesco in 2007 that CBS went away from the coverage because Denver was getting shellacked so bad?

Wasn't one of the Chiefs 3 wins against Cutler?

The Bills game?

The Raiders in a must win game... at home?

Get a clue.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Oh shit give me a break.

He wasn't a Super Bowl winner when he played us in the AFCCG. Perspective or no perspective.

I remember Steeler fans getting on Rothlisberger MUCH worse in only his second year, than some fans got on Jay Cutler here.

Forget perspective.

We got owned at home, in a game which we should have won..which would have propelled us to the Super Bowl.. the ******* Super Bowl.

Ya...30-10 at Carolina, 30-23 at home against the Bills........21-52 at SD....ya..not embarassing at all...and that doesn't even include our 31-10 offensive clinic at home against the Raiders...

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
You're still the tool. :coffee: :lol: And will always be one.

I deserve to be wrong from time to time. I hope you remember the long days of studying for finals.

MOtorboat
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
What game were you watching? How should Denver have won that game to a physical Pitt D and a Pitt Offense that did whatever it wanted?

I think losing by 40+ at Detroit was embarassing.

What was the score of the SD game @ Invesco in 2007 that CBS went away from the coverage because Denver was getting shellacked so bad?

I was so proud of my Broncos when they lost 52-21 with the division on the line last year.

What a valiant effort.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM

We were clicking on offense, and the defense was playing GREAT football.

We had the home field advantage.

We had the momentum.

We had the "high" of beating Tom Brady, the defending Super Bowl champions.

tubby
LOL @ Cutler apologists.

Peerless
Ya...30-10 at Carolina, 30-23 at home against the Bills........21-52 at SD....ya..not embarassing at all...and that doesn't even include our 31-10 offensive clinic at home against the Raiders...

I'm not saying it ISN'T embarrassing....

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I was so proud of my Broncos when they lost 52-21 with the division on the line last year.

What a valiant effort.

What a surprise. You didn't blame it only on Jay Cutler :rolleyes:

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
We were clicking on offense, and the defense was playing GREAT football...

I noticed you ducked every other point too.

The defense was playing great until the final game.

I don't consider 13-3, losing the AFCCG a failed season.

When Denver lost the AFCCG to Buffalo in 91 I was crushed. But within a few weeks, I felt better that it was a good season, and if Elway hadn't gone down Denver would've won.

Cutler and Plummer are gone. We should be thinking about the Draft.

This bickering is pointless.

Broncospsycho77
04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Plummer Threads are my favorite.

Jake "the Snake" "the Mistake" "the Earthquake" "the handball champeen" Plummer.

ChairmanBron
04-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Plummer On Retirement
16 Apr 2009 | Former NFL QB Jake Plummer talks about retired life and remembering his friend Pat Tillman

This transcript was automatically generated with speech-to-text technology and may not be 100% accurate.

Play from 0:00[play from 0:00]" Welcome back my guess is a former quarterback who played ten NFL seasons he will be participating in. Pats run Tempe to -- his former Arizona State teammate Pat Tillman I'm joined by Jake Plummer Jake not set you back Mario. Good Jim how you -- what -- you got at all set up you got the water you got the dog you got to view her sex life is treat you pretty get."

Play from 0:22[play from 0:22]" You know retirement has been nice to me I've enjoyed a lot of things mainly. Being out here in nature up -- not north Idaho just hanging out my dog she wants it down but. You know just enjoy life have a good time taken advantage of all those opportunities in the the blessings I've been given you plans and -- all. You haven't played quite a bit we actually have. The Idaho State Campbell tournament come and appear next week in August and the next one. Bill it's for fun -- trying to be competitive but a realize spent a lot of time compete in the NFL. And now I just want to. This is some -- go have fun I get better while I'm having fun and get to play and have a beer afterwards with the guys and try to get some youngsters. Come out and pick the game up as a cross training -- bird for high school sports so things are good."

Play from 1:12[play from 1:12]" Are -- talk about pats run that's his weekend once again talk about the run itself what's going to happen this weekend."

Play from 1:18[play from 1:18]" Well you know the run this is the fifth year that's a great great deal it's it's grown every year. Transferred. Anybody that likes to run. Most of them everybody that's out there there all Pat Tillman fans it's a way to honor him carry on his legacy. You know pat was a unique individual. He always spoke his mind and believed in what he believed in in today's day and age. -- scary with some of these guys out there but with pat he had real real values strong morals. So him believe that in in himself and it and what he thought was right it was a good thing where. It's a lesson to be -- some of these young athletes these days that think they're right but they don't really have that same set of values and morals and that's what he was directly epitomize was a guy just believed in himself and and lived a real clean. You know good life who always constant challenge himself and this is the way for people to challenge themselves come out and run four point two miles. To honor Patten to carry on his name and I remember what what kind of the study was he Jake how profound influence did Pat Tillman have -- you personally. You always that. From the minute I met him I obviously when he came the issue and has his fire his passion for the game not only in during games. But in practice in the weight room I just hanging out with the guy he he he had that enthusiasm that energy surrounded him and -- he inspired me a lot of times during games that were not going the right where are struggling. He'd make a play come flying off the field this hair flying back scream in. And I just pumped you up and as a friend and as a somebody I got to know personally. He is challenging mentally always challenges to be. Challenging yourself to learn new things not not the comfortable in the situation you're in two costly B and looking ended -- bettering yourself as a person and you know -- the -- that his source Spanish. Life that he lived to get a lot of things and I always say to people that I know that the saddest part of him obviously the saddest thing is that he's not with us. But one little things that I miss out on is not. No what pats up to you know what would he be doing right now what would be inspiring him -- challenge and him in his life and none of us know the answer -- that I'm sure not even the closest of his family friends because. He would always picks up and so out of note out of nowhere to -- to get involved in and that's what I miss about it and you'll get the phone calls from a guy -- a great friend."

Play from 3:44[play from 3:44]" Yeah. 32 we get plenty of football left I can't help but think. Maybe you've got a bit of Pat -- and you --"

Play from 3:54[play from 3:54]" Yeah you know it's the -- the game was good to me I spent ten years -- put my heart soul and everything. I worked out hard I studied hard I've played the game extremely hard. I think I'd might have taken a little too seriously at times. But in ten years time I was ready to walk away from the game I didn't have enough left in needed to keep. Doing -- at the level that I wanted to and you know EI could go out and play in I would love to go in round one play rolled my Latham throw a twenty yard come back on the sideline. But I'd like to stick my Jersey and -- often and get my card take off. Because the game and playing was where it was the the most fun but god nowadays all the stuff that goes along with it. Yeah I got to be a little too much for me and I -- ever play the game for the money I always played it because I loved the challenge I love to compete in these guys and inspire people. So finding new ways to do that and you know the big game is the bill was a big part of my life and never define me and it will always be a part of my life. And I was thankful that the talent and ability to go and to get to know guys like pat among the many other than many other great coaches. Be remiss I don't mention you know coach Snyder who passed this week. Great football coach and a great friend to many many people. I inspire a lot of young people lot of high school including myself gave me the confidence I needed to to play well they issue and to further my career in the NFL and going to be missed. You know greatly by a lot of people."

Play from 5:19[play from 5:19]" The fact is to right around this time of year while and had him on the show we talk about Pat Tillman to. -- about another coach Mike Shanahan when you heard that he was fired what did you think."

Play from 5:30[play from 5:30]" Bottles a good move I think. If he'd been there for a long time and done some great things but his style and his his way of coaching I think just do -- little stagnant there I think for. Demanded perfection from players as is okay. But to demand it nonstop no matter what you're doing it gets a little bit relentless at times you know you can go do a -- a senate can on the bench press and all ten of those don't have to be perfect to get a benefit from it and on the field you know he he just was. He was searching for perfection costly and you can't blame and that's the kind of coach he was it -- mesh so well with me those last couple years -- the last year. I was glad to get out from under that kind of coaching but there's always a need for that kind of a of a coach that can inspire and coach those kind of players and -- himself somewhere but I thought it was a good move for the -- organization."

Play from 6:22[play from 6:22]" In the -- he -- some of the joy out of the game for you."

Play from 6:27[play from 6:27]" How -- It's a nice way to put it yeah you know it became. My go to practice and in practice was always a lot of fun for me -- you know your game plan and I think when you game plan and you put in. A 44050. Past plays when you only get a run maybe 65 to 75 plays in the game and of those. Maybe 25 to thirty or passes that I think it's just you're you're overdoing it if you're such a great coach. You know focus on the you know I don't know if that's like that everywhere else but I believe in you know let players play and I was a guy who could make plays out of nothing. And there's no way did some somewhat take some of that away from me in practice when I wouldn't even know far mayor right read and practiced. As a ten year vet if if your your fill in that much doubt from your head coach. You know I don't know who's wrong there but I I'd like to think after ten years I know I'm goin' on basic pass plays in. Billy decided he just had hasn't had his -- with me was ready to move on."

Play from 7:33[play from 7:33]" It will -- thought so if you got a quote a coach and quarterback and on the same -- take take Jay Cutler and Josh mcdaniels -- come not mean if you Jay Cutler you never want to hear that you might not be the guy we're looking to move you but it is a business city of sucked it -- been gone in or did he have a right to be upset."

Play from 7:51[play from 7:51]" We are with too few coaches and Arizona and and I've always had a lot of position coaches change it change to issue an Arizona. You know as a as a quarterback. I think I think you gotta look at what's coming in I think the mcdaniels going to bring in a a system that's going to work that's going to be focused around. The quarterback and he chose to add that to take off and leave from that situation which as a quarterback having will be a great situation to be in and that for some reason of the feathers ruffled -- things were said that weren't said that was said. I you know I live the soap operas to the daytime TV shows I would rather go out play I never wanted to get caught up in that stuff but. No -- young he obviously isn't a new spot now hopefully he's learned from his experiences in Denver. And -- wish him all the success he can have you know I think he might have made the wrong decision because Denver's a great football town they love. -- football there and if you perform well in these tough and you battle and you show the crowd. Through the cheers and through the boos that you're going to come out every day and work hard. Then they love you there and I you know I think they're seeing that -- some of the fans miss me extremely much there -- now. But I'd you know."

Play from 9:09[play from 9:09]" And they always appreciate you more after you leave Jake. This in great to have you on the show it doesn't sound like you're coming back but you're welcome on the show any time it's good to visit with you and have a good week you'll pass front. I would I think slides and they travel on the field a very good to get cut this thing so much good luck. Remember you can check -- is burning each -- at 4:30 eastern 1:30 Pacific on ESPN. Policy that."

NightTrainLayne
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I DVR'd it and watched it this evening. I thought it was a great interview, and reminded again of what I liked best about Jake. I'm glad that he's living his own life and enjoying it. More power to him.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 11:54 PM
He is all about the 'team'... right up to the point where he never showed up for any TB camps or practices. Jake just loved football......except the practicing and studying of the game.

And he still won games...:laugh:

Shazam!
04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Looking at how this **** turned out I wish we never Drafted Cutler and kept Jake instead. Shanahan fired, enter McDaniels, Jake teaching rookie QB.

Hindsight, you know...

broncophan
04-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Looking at how this **** turned out I wish we never Drafted Cutler and kept Jake instead. Shanahan fired, enter McDaniels, Jake teaching rookie QB.

Hindsight, you know...

Yea.......I have said that all along...............hell.......Jake could have stayed for a couple of years and made millions......even with a pay cut...for just "teaching" Cutler.........

broncophan
04-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I DVR'd it and watched it this evening. I thought it was a great interview, and reminded again of what I liked best about Jake. I'm glad that he's living his own life and enjoying it. More power to him.

I agree........great interview.......seems like he is living on easy street.....

Nomad
04-17-2009, 06:56 AM
I agree........great interview.......seems like he is living on easy street.....

I've always liked that part of ID and he has a sweet spot to live! I'm glad to see he keeps Tillman's memory alive and how he befriend the guy. Jake is enjoying and living life and leaving the stress to fans on message boards late at night on the 'what ifs and has beens'!!!!:laugh: Enjoy life Jake!:salute:

BTW, I bet the dog has a great life as well!:D

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 06:57 AM

Who won that game anyway?

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Oh shit give me a break.

Forget perspective.

2005, the season the Steelers beat us in the AFCCG, Was Ben's 2nd season.

Nomad
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
....Good for him to want to help out the youngsters! I don't recall him saying this in the interview! Good Luck Jake!:salute:

Plummer To Coach High School Football
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 17, 2009, 10:21 a.m.
Retired NFL quarterback Jake Plummer has accepted a paid assistant football coach position at Sandpoint High School in Idaho, according to the Idaho Statesman.

The article didn’t specify the level of Plummer’s compensation, but Plummer is going to coach quarterbacks and help out with the offense, according to Sandpoint head coach Mike Mitchell.

“It’s not an-every-single-day deal because he has other commitments in the fall, but he’s excited about it and we’re happy to have a guy with that kind of experience,” Mitchell said. “He has great charisma and the kids love to be around him.”

It seems a bit strange that Plummer would accept a paycheck for coaching high school football on a part-time basis considering he played in the NFL for a decade with stints with the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals before retiring a few years ago rather than play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following a trade.

Of course, it’s probably not a large sum of money and Plummer could probably impart a lot of knowledge since he played quarterback in the NFL for such a long time

Thnikkaman
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Things like this give me more and more respect for Plummer. The dude is living life how I hope to live life. Not caring about the money and doing things that you enjoy. Yes I know it helps that he played pro football and got paid for it, but still, this guy is class.

MOtorboat
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
....Good for him to want to help out the youngsters! I don't recall him saying this in the interview! Good Luck Jake!:salute:

Plummer To Coach High School Football
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 17, 2009, 10:21 a.m.
Retired NFL quarterback Jake Plummer has accepted a paid assistant football coach position at Sandpoint High School in Idaho, according to the Idaho Statesman.

The article didn’t specify the level of Plummer’s compensation, but Plummer is going to coach quarterbacks and help out with the offense, according to Sandpoint head coach Mike Mitchell.

“It’s not an-every-single-day deal because he has other commitments in the fall, but he’s excited about it and we’re happy to have a guy with that kind of experience,” Mitchell said. “He has great charisma and the kids love to be around him.”

It seems a bit strange that Plummer would accept a paycheck for coaching high school football on a part-time basis considering he played in the NFL for a decade with stints with the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals before retiring a few years ago rather than play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following a trade.

Of course, it’s probably not a large sum of money and Plummer could probably impart a lot of knowledge since he played quarterback in the NFL for such a long time

He'll probably use the money for some charity...or maybe send the kids to camps.

Watchthemiddle
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Rome just re-played this interview on his radio show because it meant so much to him and was such a GREAT interview.

Let me reiterate again after hearing it again for a second time..

For those of you out there ( and you know who you are and are not man enough to give credit where credit is due ) who want to say Jake is not a good guy, is all about himself, was not a team guy...yada yada yada...

You got it all wrong. Jake has done so much for soooooo many people ....before he left town here in Denver after getting the boot, he stopped by a charity and dropped off a MONTROUS check. He didn't have to, but he did.

Then you got CUtler. Yeah, lets drool over Cutler some more. What did he EVER do for anyone in this city much less anywhere else? Oh I know, he started a Diabetes foundation and had charity dinners....:laugh::laugh:...HE ONLY did that AFTER HE found out he had diabetes. Where was he before he got diagnosed to help out anyone except himself?

Now you still have Jake doing things for the Tillman foundation and is going to coach youth football. Not only that, doing things with kids through handball to help them with their skills for other sports.

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Rome just re-played this interview on his radio show because it meant so much to him and was such a GREAT interview.

For those of you out there ( and you know who you are and are not man enough to give credit where credit is due ) who want to say Jake is not a good guy, is all about himself, was not a team guy...yada yada yada...

You got it all wrong. Jake has done so much for soooooo many people ....before he left town here in Denver after getting the boot, he stopped by a charity and dropped off a MONTROUS check. He didn't have to, but he did.

Then you got CUtler. Yeah, lets drool over Cutler some more. What did he EVER do for anyone in this city much less anywhere else? Oh I know, he started a Diabetes foundation and had charity dinners....:laugh::laugh:...HE ONLY did that AFTER HE found out he had diabetes. Where was he before he got diagnosed to help out anyone except himself?

Now you still have Jake doing things for the Tillman foundation and is going to coach youth football. Not only that, doing things with kids through handball to help them with their skills for other sports.

I remember after we drafted Cutler, Plummer was talking about how he was going to get Cutler involved in the community and whatnot. Said he'd show him how there's more to being an NFL QB than what happens on the field. He said back then that it's important to give back to the community and get involved.

Now I'm not bashing Cutler one bit. Over the last year or so I've become a huge Cutler fan. Personally, I wish he was still here. But never, not once, did I hear anything about him even donating "Toys for tots" or anything like that.

But you know what . . . . atleast he didn't throw a left-handed interception in a game we won and flip off some loser fan/fans that were probably bashing him for not cutting his hair (which was a tribute to Pat).

Jake Plummer is a horrible individual! :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I remember after we drafted Cutler, Plummer was talking about how he was going to get Cutler involved in the community and whatnot. Said he'd show him how there's more to being an NFL QB than what happens on the field. He said back then that it's important to give back to the community and get involved.

Now I'm not bashing Cutler one bit. Over the last year or so I've become a huge Cutler fan. Personally, I wish he was still here. But never, not once, did I hear anything about him even donating "Toys for tots" or anything like that.

But you know what . . . . atleast he didn't throw a left-handed interception in a game we won and flip off some loser fan/fans that were probably bashing him for not cutting his hair (which was a tribute to Pat).

Jake Plummer is a horrible individual! :rolleyes:

Well...to Cutler's credit...he's done a lot for kids with Diabetes.

claymore
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Plummer is a douche. We can talk about all the bad things he's done too. Leaving a woman on the alter, flipping off the fans, getting road rage, and to top it off he was a below average QB.

Plummer did nothing but screw this team. I dont care if he plays with retarded kids or feeds starving donkeys inbetween hand ball tournaments etc.....

Griese was a better person than Cutler or Plummer... what does it all mean to the broncos??? Nothing.

Nomad
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Plummer is a douche. We can talk about all the bad things he's done too. Leaving a woman on the alter, flipping off the fans, getting road rage, and to top it off he was a below average QB.

Plummer did nothing but screw this team. I dont care if he plays with retarded kids or feeds starving donkeys inbetween hand ball tournaments etc.....

Griese was a better person than Cutler or Plummer... what does it all mean to the broncos??? Nothing.

WOW! I guess Jake and Champ isn't on your Christmas card list.

claymore
04-17-2009, 02:17 PM
WOW! I guess Jake and Champ isn't on your Christmas card list.

Champ is a good dude on the field etc... I guess from what I know he is kinda off the field depending how you look at it.

But I damn sure dont think he is worth 12 mil against our cap this year.

Plummer..... I stopped defending him a long time ago.

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Well...to Cutler's credit...he's done a lot for kids with Diabetes.

See, the first I heard about this was like 15 minutes ago when reading posts in this thread.

I'm sure Cutler will give more as his career goes. But I didn't hear squat until a little while ago.

frauschieze
04-17-2009, 02:25 PM
See, the first I heard about this was like 15 minutes ago when reading posts in this thread.

I'm sure Cutler will give more as his career goes. But I didn't hear squat until a little while ago.

Then you weren't listening. It's not like there was ever a huge deal made, but it's not like his charitable efforts for kids with diabetes was a footnote.

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 02:28 PM

How did Plummer screw this team? Because he wanted to retire so we didn't get that 5th round draft choice or whatever?

Plummer didn't beg to play here, lose a bunch of games, rape Bowlens daughter, then steal a hot dog cart. He came in, played his ass off the best he could, and retired AFTER Shanny & Co. screwed him.

Yeah, that's right. If anyone screwed this team, it was Shanny. First, by pulling Plummer in '06 which caused us to not make the playoffs. Then, by trading the rights to Plummer away so we can't recieve however much money the Bucs got for his signing bonus.

In-com-plete
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Then you weren't listening. It's not like there was ever a huge deal made, but it's not like his charitable efforts for kids with diabetes was a footnote.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't listening. Don't listen as much as I used to.

Either way, that means for 1 season I just didn't hear it and for 2 seasons there wasn't anything to hear.

claymore
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM
How did Plummer screw this team? Because he wanted to retire so we didn't get that 5th round draft choice or whatever?

Plummer didn't beg to play here, lose a bunch of games, rape Bowlens daughter, then steal a hot dog cart. He came in, played his ass off the best he could, and retired AFTER Shanny & Co. screwed him.

Yeah, that's right. If anyone screwed this team, it was Shanny. First, by pulling Plummer in '06 which caused us to not make the playoffs. Then, by trading the rights to Plummer away so we can't recieve however much money the Bucs got for his signing bonus.

We wouldnt of made the playoffs the way plummer was playing. Thats why he was pulled. Plummer would also argue with Shannahan on the sideline cause he has anger issues. It was a 4th round pick.... But he chose to retire... Oh well.

I just dont like the guy, I think he crumbles under any sort of pressure, and really doesnt care if he won or lost. He was a flake, and I was very happy when we got rid of him.

Jay Cutler had more than one charity. The diabeetes was his 2nd I believe. Plus all the inner city stuff he did after D Williams was murdered.

MOtorboat
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
We wouldnt of made the playoffs the way Cutler was playing. Cutler would also argue with Shannahan on the sideline cause he has anger issues. It was a 1st round pick.... But he chose to whine and get traded... Oh well.

I just dont like the guy, I think he crumbles under any sort of pressure, and really doesnt care if he won or lost. He was a flake, and I was very happy when we got rid of him.

There. I fixed it for you.

NightTrainLayne
04-17-2009, 02:38 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Jay had done quite a bit for some charities in Denver, but didn't want it publicized.

Jake Plummer is a good guy, and I think Cutler is a good guy. There's no need to make an argument that one of them is a better person intrinsically than another.

claymore
04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
There. I fixed it for you.

Regardless of what you say Jake plummers worth was a 4th....

Jay Cutlers worth was 2 1sts a 3rd and a starting QB. We fielded so many calls the Broncos had to tell teams to text or email only, because they couldnt keep up. :D

Plummer whined more and acted like more of a baby than Cutler ever did.

MOtorboat
04-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Regardless of what you say Jake plummers worth was a 4th....

Jay Cutlers worth was 2 1sts a 3rd and a starting QB. We fielded so many calls the Broncos had to tell teams to text or email only, because they couldnt keep up. :D

Plummer whined more and acted like more of a baby than Cutler ever did.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

slim
04-17-2009, 02:41 PM
News flash...neither Jay nor Jason are Broncos anymore.

MOtorboat
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
News flash...neither Jay nor Jason are Broncos anymore.

WTF is Jason?

claymore
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
WTF is Jason?

Elam?

Watchthemiddle
04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Jake = winner

Jay = whinner

nuff said!

Go Orton and the Broncos!! :beer::beer:

claymore
04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Jake = winner

Jay = whinner

nuff said!

Go Orton and the Broncos!! :beer::beer:

My Cowboy buddy just called to convince me to listen to this. I hate Plummer cause he broke my heart BTW.

Watchthemiddle
04-17-2009, 07:09 PM
My Cowboy buddy just called to convince me to listen to this. I hate Plummer cause he broke my heart BTW.

It will be okay clay...:cheers:

claymore
04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
It will be okay clay...:cheers:

I know. I have a hard time arguing with you. I will put that out there in the open.

We like different QB's.

I can accept that.

Watchthemiddle
04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
I know. I have a hard time arguing with you. I will put that out there in the open.

We like different QB's.

I can accept that.

DItto..

But we both like the Broncos..

claymore
04-17-2009, 07:56 PM
DItto..

But we both like the Broncos..

LOVE the Broncos. :D