PDA

View Full Version : Joel Dressen visiting.

Army Bronco
03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
So we are looking at Joel Dreessen for TE... Thoughts? I don't know much about him.

chazoe60
03-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Having watched Joel for quite a few years now I can tell you he would be a good pickup. He was really good in college and pretty underrated in Houston. The wildcard is Manning. How good could Manning make Dreessen? I would like this a lot if he signed with us. It's always cool when local kids come home too.

701Bronco
03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
He has said he will decide by tomorrow morning. I would be willing to bet if the offers are the same that he would pick broncos. Who wouldn't want to be a TE with Manning throwing too you?

Army Bronco
03-23-2012, 01:58 AM
He has said he will decide by tomorrow morning. I would be willing to bet if the offers are the same that he would pick broncos. Who wouldn't want to be a TE with Manning throwing too you? So true. He can make a TE improve quickly I'm sure. That's an incentive right there to play for Denver.

Dapper Dan
03-23-2012, 03:14 AM
He had 6 TDs last season. I also read his position as Tight End/ Long Snapper.

Joel
03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
I have mixed feelings about this: On the one hand, I'd love to see Denver get Dreesen; on the other, I'd hate to see Houston lose him. Kind of the opposite of the feeling I used to get when Shanny handed out plane tickets to Hobby with every pink slip. :tongue: If Manning really did "improve" Dreesen he'd probably make the Pro Bowl, and at a position where it would do us more good than Mario Williams would.

madmanbryan
03-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Hes just signed

CoachChaz
03-23-2012, 09:57 AM
He had 6 TDs last season. I also read his position as Tight End/ Long Snapper.

2 birds...one stone

chazoe60
03-23-2012, 09:58 AM
So we did sign him?

MileHighCrew
03-23-2012, 10:02 AM
John McClain @McClain_on_NFL TE Joel Dreessen said this morning he's signing with the Denver Broncos.

chazoe60
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Awesome. Joel will have a breakout season with Manning throwing him the ball.

This offseason started slow while we waited for Peyton but now it's going lightspeed.

We still have to address our interior DL.

Army Bronco
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

This offseason started slow while we waited for Peyton but now it's going lightspeed.

We still have to address our interior DL. Yup, we need some DTs bad. I would still like a good safety, someone like Steve Atwater....am I asking for too much with that one??

Joel
03-23-2012, 07:22 PM

We still have to address our interior DL.
For anyone who's seen more than a couple Texans games, Dreesen broke out a year or two ago, but he's a fine addition. From a pure Broncos perspective Walter might've been better (from a Texans perspective, losing either hurts,) but Dreesen's solid. He's got soft hands, and couldn't survive long around Kubiak and the Texans running game (that had as many rushes last year as we did, albeit on more possessions) if he couldn't run block. I don't expect TEs to be shifty speedy deep-threats (most couldn't block if they were,) just get open on third and long, not drop balls and generally be reliable possession receivers who can pick a LB on runs. Dreesen does a great job at all those things; I just wish Houston had someone I felt confident could fill the void he leaves there.