PDA

View Full Version : Krieger Thinks Denver will go 5-11

Pages : [1] 2

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I sure the schedule has been post but the reason I started this one separately is because of Krieger's comments on each game. I thought you all might find them interesting maybe even humorous.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12144101

Krieger: Strong start, but what an ending
By Dave Krieger
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/15/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT
Updated: 04/15/2009 12:31:23 AM MDT

Based on anguished warnings of the coming apocalypse, you might have expected this year's Broncos schedule to look something like Napoleon's invasion of Russia in 1812.

In fact, it's not that bad. Napoleon didn't get to start with the Bengals.

Week 1 at Cincinnati: The Bengals should have Carson Palmer back, but they're still the Bengals. Chad Ocho Cinco gets excessive celebration penalties after all three of his catches and Kyle Orton earns his first win as a Bronco, 33-27. (1-0)

Week 2 vs. Cleveland: Despite several hundred teenage girls demanding Josh McDaniels acquire Brady Quinn, the Broncos' veteran secondary picks off the hapless matinee idol three times and Orton gets his second win, 31-20. Broncomania is back. (2-0)

Week 3 at Oakland: At the last minute, Al Davis writes several fly patterns for Cliff Branch into the game plan. The Broncos escape the Black Hole with a 27-24 victory, but McDaniels' hoodie is stained by a substance he cannot identify. Mayor Hickenlooper holds a parade. (3-0)

Week 4 vs. Dallas: Having watched his team fall to 1-2, Jerry Jones announces he will fire Wade Phillips and hire Mike Shanahan if the Cowboys lose to the surprising Broncos. Felix Jones and Marion Barber combine for 220 yards rushing and Phillips' job is saved, 38-20. Shanahan continues to supervise construction of Shanahangri-La in Cherry Hills Village. (3-1)

Week 5 vs. New England: Bill Belichick is 6-2 against former assistants Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel. A healthy Tom Brady initiates McDaniels into this club, retiring after three quarters with a 42-10 lead. Defensive end Richard Seymour says Orton is no Matt Cassel. (3-2)

Week 6 at San Diego: Philip Rivers admits he misses his snit fits with Jay Cutler, but playing only three quarters in a 35-13 win makes up for it. McDaniels says the bye week is coming at an excellent time. (3-3)

Week 7 Bye: The Broncos' defense gives up only 10 points.

Week 8 at Baltimore: Orton earns his Chicago nickname — Captain Checkdown — by throwing every pass to Correll Buckhalter or J.J. Arrington. Both hobble off after hits by Ray Lewis. Ravens roll, 24-0. McDaniels says the defense is improving. (3-4)

Week 9 vs. Pittsburgh: Willie Parker breaks Corey Dillon's rushing record against the Broncos by a single yard. Ben Roethlisberger throws 12 passes. The Steelers win 31-10. Afterward, McDaniels refers to Orton as "the player." (3-5)

Week 10 at Washington: Clinton Portis rushes for 140 yards in a blue granny wig. Champ Bailey says he kinda misses the Redskins. Chris Simms replaces Orton at halftime. Redskins roll, 28-10. (3-6)

Week 11 vs. San Diego: Darren Sproles rushes for 200 yards, but the Broncos keep it close, losing 23-17. McDaniels says the offense is improving. (3-7)

Week 12 vs. New York Giants: Before the game, McDaniels asks Brandon Jacobs if he has ever considered playing nose tackle. Jacobs rushes for 180 yards and the Giants win 35-16. Pat Bowlen says McDaniels is doing "a heckuva job under the circumstances." (3-8)

Week 13 at Kansas City: McDaniels reminisces with Cassel and Scott Pioli before the game. The temperature is 5 below. Chiefs win, 13-3. (3-9)

Week 14 at Indianapolis: With all of his running backs injured, McDaniels offers to sign Tatum Bell, who is again selling mobile phones. Bell's only condition is that McDaniels put him in his fave five. Colts win, 31-17. (3-10)

Week 15 vs. Oakland: Despite the 10-game losing streak, McDaniels says the season is a success if the Broncos sweep the hated Raiders. Davis inserts several late plays for Mark van Eeghen, and Orton, subbing for the injured Simms, beats the Raiders again, 20-12. (4-10)

Week 16 at Philadelphia: Brian Dawkins is greeted as a returning hero and says he never really wanted to leave Philly. On their annual late playoff push, the Eagles win, 24-9. (4-11)

Week 17 vs. Kansas City: The Broncos' season comes down to the big rematch against Cassel for last place. In the snow, the Broncos prevail, 6-2. Elvis Dumervil says Cassel is no Kyle Orton. (5-11)

Afterward, McDaniels mentions that Rome wasn't built in a day. "We started fast and we finished strong," he says, "so we met two of our preseason goals."

Dave Krieger: 303-954-5297 or dkrieger@denverpost.com

Dreadnought
04-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Brilliant, though too optimistic. I think we split with the Raiders and finish 4-12

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Brilliant, though too optimistic. I think we split with the Raiders and finish 4-12

The way I understand it many analysts believed Denver wasn't going to be very good this year.

Cugel
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM

I think it's about right. The Broncos win one of the games they should lose in an upset, but lose one to the Raiders. 5-11. Possibly 4-12 if they lose to Cleveland.

The easy start to the schedule really helps because the team will take some time to gel. The last 10 games are not kind.

But, next year they get a top 10 pick and can draft Tim Tebow! :beer:

CrazyHorse
04-15-2009, 08:47 AM
I think we do better than expected.
Corey Dillon's rushing record?
I thought Lewis and Peterson beat it?

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I think it's about right. The Broncos win one of the games they should lose in an upset, but lose one to the Raiders. 5-11. Possibly 4-12 if they lose to Cleveland.

The easy start to the schedule really helps because the team will take some time to gel. The last 10 games are not kind.

If we take a quarterback in the first round next year I sure hope it isn't Tebow.

CrazyHorse
04-15-2009, 08:49 AM
If we take a quarterback in the first round next year I sure hope it isn't Tebow.

I hope it isn't Bradford or McCoy either!

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 08:50 AM

Who would you want?

claymore
04-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Denver never meets its expectations either way. If Krieger says we go 5-11.... I think that equates to us winning the super bowl.

CrazyHorse
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Who would you want?

idk

CrazyHorse
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Denver never meets its expectations either way. If Krieger says we go 5-11.... I think that equates to us winning the super bowl.

I sure hope so.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 08:53 AM

I don't know Clay, that seems to be just a wee bit of a stretch. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Losing 10 of the final 11 games would draw similar results to the typical Denver fashion of folding during the final stretch of the season, although 10 in a row would be tough to fathom. If we start out by winning our first 3, i don't see us losing 10 in a row though, not with confidence playing such a pivotal role in professional sports these days.

Rex
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Same people predicting 13-3 last year with Cutler.

Elevation inc
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Who would you want?

Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.
2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA.

:cool:

:lol:

BeefStew25
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Same people predicting 13-3 last year with Cutler.

Living in the past I see.

Rex
04-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Living in the past I see.

click

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
This article is absolute trash.

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 09:16 AM

Nope. . .you can book it. The Broncos will win 9 games next season because I said so.

The last two seasons I've thought that we had an easy schedule and it didn't pan out for us. This schedule looks brutal, but we'll see who actually shows up to those games. I guarantee that it won't be 2008 teams that show up. :D

That is one hilarious article though. I hope McDaniels has a sense of humor.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Nope. . .you can book it. The Broncos will win 9 games next season because I said so.

The last two seasons I've thought that we had an easy schedule and it didn't pan out for us. This schedule looks brutal, but we'll see who actually shows up to those games. I guarantee that it won't be 2008 teams that show up. :D

That is one hilarious article though. I hope McDaniels has a sense of humor.

I thought some of Krieger's remarks were kind of funny.

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I thought some of Krieger's remarks were kind of funny.

Me too. That's why I said that it was a hilarious article.

Is this some kind of commentary on my sense of humor again? :laugh:

Rex
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Not funny.

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
A 10 game losing streak... ok.

Elevation inc
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM

well its possible detroit went on a 16 game losing streak:shocked:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Shaz Jr is thinking Denver will go 4-12. I don't see much difference.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 09:26 AM

Only in a positive sense. :D

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Not funny.

NTL = Not Funny

Cswil = Jerk

Denver27og
04-15-2009, 09:32 AM
5-11 sounds about right... hmmm since cutler finally has a defense to work with the bears will probably be 11-5.. lets hope "the coach" drafts defense this upcoming draft

GEM
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM

Tebow....:puke:

If it makes any of you feel better, the fans of Denver called into 950TheFan and ranked it game by game and came out at like 11-5. :lol: Gotta love optimism.

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 10:03 AM

If it makes any of you feel better, the fans of Denver called into 950TheFan and ranked it game by game and came out at like 11-5. :lol: Gotta love optimism.

Seriously, I don't see an "unwinnable" game on the schedule. Some of our tougher ones will be at home. That hasn't been a huge advantage in the past several years, but it's something.

I know we're not going undefeated, but I think that at this point you could make an argument for Denver having the ability to win almost every one of those games if our defense improves some and Orton is able to produce at a decent level. But I am the eternal optimist, and if I'm wrong, Dread won't ever let me forget about it, so I'm vested here. :lol:

GEM
04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Seriously, I don't see an "unwinnable" game on the schedule. Some of our tougher ones will be at home. That hasn't been a huge advantage in the past several years, but it's something.

I know we're not going undefeated, but I think that at this point you could make an argument for Denver having the ability to win almost every one of those games if our defense improves some and Orton is able to produce at a decent level. But I am the eternal optimist, and if I'm wrong, Dread won't ever let me forget about it, so I'm vested here. :lol:

We can clink our glasses half full in a salute. :beer:

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Too many variables - new coaching staff, new QBs, new schemes, a ton of new faces, the defense is still in shambles...

I'm giving McD's a pass on 2009, although I'm holding out hope that there will be improvements that translate to success on the field.

2010 is going to be his make or break season IMO. If the Broncos don't make a strong playoff push in 2010, I'll be jumping on the "I hate McD" bandwagon. But from what I've seen and read, I think we'll have more McD haters jumping on the "I love McD" bandwagon.

But yeah, for 2009 I'm "Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst"

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 10:09 AM

I heard some people say they would like Tebow because he plays in a similar offense, in my opinion that's not good enough reason to draft him.

11-5 would be great, but with as many parts are being replaced it doesn't seem very realistic.

Nomad
04-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Seriously, I don't see an "unwinnable" game on the schedule.

Players and coaches see it the same way cause if not why take the field. I watch every game hoping for a win.

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Players and coaches see it the same way cause if not why take the field. I watch every game hoping for a win.

If Shanny were still here. .. and by extension Slowik. .. I could definitely see some unwinnable games on there.

But with Nolan running a new D, and McDaniels running our offense (granted with Orton) I am actually a little more confident. . . .Mainly because Slowik is gone more than anything.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM

I do the same thing, I watch every game hoping that Denver will win.

omac
04-15-2009, 10:23 AM
"With all of his running backs injured, McDaniels offers to sign Tatum Bell, who is again selling mobile phones. Bell's only condition is that McDaniels put him in his fave five."

LOL :D Some funny stuff in the article.

We'll have a tough schedule this season, but don't worry, so will the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders.

Dirk
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Week 7 Bye: The Broncos' defense gives up only 10 points.

Funniest part of the whole thing. :lol:

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Funniest part of the whole thing. :lol:

Wouldn't that be a significant improvement? :lol:

Dreadnought
04-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Wouldn't that be a significant improvement? :lol:

Thats just it. We take the second worst defense in the NFL, tack on some new abject stiffs at RB, and throw in the second worst QB in the NFL on top of it. All in new systems. With significant damage to the new head Coach's credibility among the existing roster already. That is not a good equation, and to me it adds up to a non-competitive football team for the next few years until this gets unscrewed up.

GEM
04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
I heard some people say they would like Tebow because he plays in a similar offense, in my opinion that's not good enough reason to draft him.

11-5 would be great, but with as many parts are being replaced it doesn't seem very realistic.

Everything I have heard and read on Tebow indicates there is a high likelihood that he is going to be a bust. I do like his leadership and feel that is something we really need, but I don't want to go with him just for that reason.

NightTrainLayne
04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Thats just it. We take the second worst defense in the NFL, tack on some new abject stiffs at RB, and throw in the second worst QB in the NFL on top of it. All in new systems. With significant damage to the new head Coach's credibility among the existing roster already. That is not a good equation, and to me it adds up to a non-competitive football team for the next few years until this gets unscrewed up.

Where did it go wrong Dread? Why have we drifted so far apart?

Dreadnought
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Where did it go wrong Dread? Why have we drifted so far apart?

Its simple, really. The day after the San Diego game Shanahan needed to say "Its clear that we need to go in another direction on defense. I wish Bob Slowick all the best in his future endeavours. We will begin the search for a suitable replacement tomorrow and build on what good has been accomplished this season."

Instead he got stubborn. From that point on, like a Greek Tragedy, every step since then has been forordained. Every disaster unavoidable.

Blame Slowick. Blame Shanahan - and yet I still miss him! I think I'd rather sit through another season of watching Bob Slowick's defense - even with Nate Webster - before I'd watch what we are all about to see.

getlynched47
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
The way I understand it many analysts believed Denver wasn't going to be very good this year.

After we traded Jay Cutler....why would they have any faith in us? All of them are laughing at Josh McDaniels because of the stupidity of pissing off your Quarterback, who everybody knew is a bitch, and then trading him away because you can't "work with him". If your girlfriend ignores you...do you break up with her right away even though she's very important to you? No...you stick it out and fix that shit.

Peerless
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Let's be real here guys.

A: We have a rookie head coach who has shown he's clearly a rookie, implementing a new offensive attack that will take time to learn.

B: We have have downgraded our QB position.

C: We have hardly done anything to improve our defense...
::::Even with the Dawkins signing, the defense was terrible up front. Now switching to the 3-4, we have many players who A: Either don't fit the scheme, or B: Well... players who don't fit the scheme. We can maybe get lucky from the draft with some hopeful DE/NT rookies. But remember, D-line has one of the largest learning curves at that respective position in the NFL. Our OLB's are still a mystery.. Jarvis Moss? Can he make the transition? Dumervil? Eh.... How about the NT? Ronald Fields? The career backup for 5 years for the horrid 49ers?? Still.. a HUGE hole is the defense.

D: The brutal schedule... and yes, it is brutal.

I mean look at this middle of the schedule:

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11, NEW ENGLAND, 4:15 p.m.
Week 6: Monday, Oct. 19, at San Diego, 8:30 p.m.
Week 7: Sunday, Bye
Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1, at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9, PITTSBURGH, 8:30 p.m.
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15, at Washington, 1 p.m.
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 22, SAN DIEGO, 4:15 p.m.
Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 26, NEW YORK GIANTS, 8:20 p.m.
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6, at Kansas City, 1 p.m.
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13, at Indinapolis, 1 p.m.

That is TOUGH.

Be hopeful for the team, but be realistic.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM

Maybe, just maybe, the defense can improve with proper player development and good coaching?

Maybe the RB's arn't "stiffs" (Torain may end up being very good, Hillis is still on the roster, the other 2 RB's signed fit McD's offense perfectly)?

Maybe McDaniels can use the incredible weapons on the offense (O-line, WR) much more efficiently than Bates did?

If nothing else, Nolan in place of Slowick should be good for major improvement right there.

It may not all come together right away, but this "we have no chance" lay-down-ande-waive-the-white-flag would be embarassing even for the French, and to see my fellow Bronco fans turn on their team in such a knee-jerk fashion, before one game is even played under the new regime, is disturbing at best, disgusting at worst.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe, just maybe, the defense can improve with proper player development and good coaching?

Maybe the RB's arn't "stiffs" (Torain may end up being very good, Hillis is still on the roster, the other 2 RB's signed fit McD's offense perfectly)?

Maybe McDaniels can use the incredible weapons on the offense (O-line, WR) much more efficiently than Bates did?

If nothing else, Nolan in place of Slowick should be good for major improvement right there.

It may not all come together right away, but this "we have no chance" lay-down-ande-waive-the-white-flag would be embarassing even for the French, and to see my fellow Bronco fans turn on their team in such a knee-jerk fashion, before one game is even played under the new regime, is disturbing at best, disgusting at worst.

That's quite a few unknowns it doesn't mean I mean I will concede a loss for any one game but it is still a lot of unknowns.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 11:04 AM
That's quite a few unknowns it doesn't mean I mean I will concede a loss for any one game but it is still a lot of unknowns.

Absolutely it is, but I think we should at least give the new guys a chance to fail before turning on our own.

D1g1tal j1m
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
My version.

Week 1 at Cincinnati: No Hushmanzatita and an uninspired Ocho Cinco leaves the offense in shambles. Plus these are the Bengals (1-0)

Week 2 vs. Cleveland: No Braylon Edwards, no chance. Andre Davis goes gonzo against his former team. (2-0)

Week 3 at Oakland: Dead Al drafts Jeremy Maclin, who takes a cue from Ashley Lelie and gator arms a few passes that Goodman takes to the hizza. (3-0)

Week 4 vs. Dallas: Romo is physically/emotionally drained from Jessica's constant nagging, throws 3 picks forgets T.O. isn't there anymore. Lone Star state clamors for the Mastermind to take the reigns. (4-0)

Week 5 vs. New England: Brady is a shell of himself without McD calling the plays, lacks mobility in the pocket. Broncos D tee off. McD breaks the trend and gets Bill to shake his hand (impossible to believe, I know). (5-0)

Week 6 at San Diego: Orton shows he's no Cutler, doesn't lose focus jawing at Rivers. Leads an efficient attack. LT isn't happy, pouts and starts jawing at Rivers to give him the damn ball. 3-4 D and all the rookie talent start to blend and holds SD to single digits. (6-0)

Week 7 Bye: All the naysayers at ESPN and around the sports world eat crow and give McD the nod of agreement. Jay Cutler is reported drunk again and complaining about the windy weather.

Week 8 at Baltimore: Ray Lewis screams and yells but the overrated Baltimore D is sliced and diced by Royal and Marshall. Flacco is exposed this season and throw more int's than td's. (7-0)

Week 9 vs. Pittsburgh: DJ has a huge day on D. After feeling truly comfortable in the 3-4 and able to roam and make the big plays, destroys Willie Parker and the running game of Pitt. Big Ben is forced to make throws to Champ and Dawkins, which plays into Denver's hands (8-0)

Week 10 at Washington: Campbell, still miffed at the thought of being replaced by Cutler in the off-season ignores the coaching staff and "just wings it" on offense. Realizes he isn't as good as he was told he was and Denver rolls to an easy win. Portis and his purple wig seen fleeing the stadium in high heels. (9-0)

Week 11 vs. San Diego: Sproles hits the wall and isn't the answer to replace LT rushes for 59 yards, but the Chargers keep it close, losing 14-17. Orton is forced to run the 2 minute offense and leads the Broncos to the game winning FG (10-0)

Week 12 vs. New York Giants: Eli can't get on track and Mr. Neckbeard leads the Denver O to an easy victory. (11-0)

Week 13 at Kansas City: Everyone realizes that Matt Cassels was a fluke and without McD and his system he is a backup. Thigpen is now the starter but doesn't move the chains. Broncos win. (12-0)

Week 14 at Indianapolis: With a depleted running game and massive injuries on both sides of the ball, Indy is a shell of itself. Payton "the forehead" Manning gets a concussion and is out for the year . (13-0)

Week 15 vs. Oakland: It's the Raiders, so Cable loses his team. Russell eats his way onto the Offensive Line and Mcfaden can't find any running lanes. Broncos whoops Al's team causing him to almost wake up from his wheelchair in the pressbox. (14-0)

Week 16 at Philadelphia: Brian Dawkins is booed and treated like Santa Claus and is almost pelted by a car battery. Is glad to be out of Philly and leads the Broncos D in shutting down Kolb as McNabb is once again injured. (15-0)

Week 17 vs. Kansas City: KC D is still the worst in the NFL and Orton and the Broncos go for history. (16-0)

McD states that "We started fast and we finished strong," we are going to enjoy the bye week and start our push to the Super Bowl.

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Absolutely it is, but I think we should at least give the new guys a chance to fail before turning on our own.

but but but....we are all Bears fans now. :rolleyes:

Anyway...Its not going to get any worse than the last 3 years regardless of the final standings. 5-11 is not any worse than 8-8 if you are at home watching the playoffs.

We know the D can't get any worse, and the Offense might not put up as many yards ( but who knows ) but I am willing to bet we WILL put up more points. More points leads to more wins...not more passing yards ....yada yada yada/

Orton or whoever might not light up the stat book with 4500 yards, but will have a better winning record.

McDaniels comes from an organization that knows how to use and get the most out of the talent they have on the field. We have had talent in the past, but have not gotten the most out of it in the past.

There is a new mentality at Dove Valley. Shanny's message is no longer there and was tired.

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
ahhh 5-11.....the cost of giving up cutler.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 11:13 AM

Anyway...Its not going to get any worse than the last 3 years regardless of the final standings. 5-11 is not any worse than 8-8 if you are at home watching the playoffs.

We know the D can't get any worse, and the Offense might not put up as many yards ( but who knows ) but I am willing to bet we WILL put up more points. More points leads to more wins...not more passing yards ....yada yada yada/

Orton or whoever might not light up the stat book with 4500 yards, but will have a better winning record.

McDaniels comes from an organization that knows how to use and get the most out of the talent they have on the field. We have had talent in the past, but have not gotten the most out of it in the past.

There is a new mentality at Dove Valley. Shanny's message is no longer there and was tired.

It you're a Bears fan go bother them. I happen to be a fan of the Broncos. :coffee:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 11:15 AM
My version.

Week 1 at Cincinnati: No Hushmanzatita and an uninspired Ocho Cinco leaves the offense in shambles. Plus these are the Bengals (1-0)

Week 2 vs. Cleveland: No Braylon Edwards, no chance. Andre Davis goes gonzo against his former team. (2-0)

Week 3 at Oakland: Dead Al drafts Jeremy Maclin, who takes a cue from Ashley Lelie and gator arms a few passes that Goodman takes to the hizza. (3-0)

Week 4 vs. Dallas: Romo is physically/emotionally drained from Jessica's constant nagging, throws 3 picks forgets T.O. isn't there anymore. Lone Star state clamors for the Mastermind to take the reigns. (4-0)

Week 5 vs. New England: Brady is a shell of himself without McD calling the plays, lacks mobility in the pocket. Broncos D tee off. McD breaks the trend and gets Bill to shake his hand (impossible to believe, I know). (5-0)

Week 6 at San Diego: Orton shows he's no Cutler, doesn't lose focus jawing at Rivers. Leads an efficient attack. LT isn't happy, pouts and starts jawing at Rivers to give him the damn ball. 3-4 D and all the rookie talent start to blend and holds SD to single digits. (6-0)

Week 7 Bye: All the naysayers at ESPN and around the sports world eat crow and give McD the nod of agreement. Jay Cutler is reported drunk again and complaining about the windy weather.

Week 8 at Baltimore: Ray Lewis screams and yells but the overrated Baltimore D is sliced and diced by Royal and Marshall. Flacco is exposed this season and throw more int's than td's. (7-0)

Week 9 vs. Pittsburgh: DJ has a huge day on D. After feeling truly comfortable in the 3-4 and able to roam and make the big plays, destroys Willie Parker and the running game of Pitt. Big Ben is forced to make throws to Champ and Dawkins, which plays into Denver's hands (8-0)

Week 10 at Washington: Campbell, still miffed at the thought of being replaced by Cutler in the off-season ignores the coaching staff and "just wings it" on offense. Realizes he isn't as good as he was told he was and Denver rolls to an easy win. Portis and his purple wig seen fleeing the stadium in high heels. (9-0)

Week 11 vs. San Diego: Sproles hits the wall and isn't the answer to replace LT rushes for 59 yards, but the Chargers keep it close, losing 14-17. Orton is forced to run the 2 minute offense and leads the Broncos to the game winning FG (10-0)

Week 12 vs. New York Giants: Eli can't get on track and Mr. Neckbeard leads the Denver O to an easy victory. (11-0)

Week 13 at Kansas City: Everyone realizes that Matt Cassels was a fluke and without McD and his system he is a backup. Thigpen is now the starter but doesn't move the chains. Broncos win. (12-0)

Week 14 at Indianapolis: With a depleted running game and massive injuries on both sides of the ball, Indy is a shell of itself. Payton "the forehead" Manning gets a concussion and is out for the year . (13-0)

Week 15 vs. Oakland: It's the Raiders, so Cable loses his team. Russell eats his way onto the Offensive Line and Mcfaden can't find any running lanes. Broncos whoops Al's team causing him to almost wake up from his wheelchair in the pressbox. (14-0)

Week 16 at Philadelphia: Brian Dawkins is booed and treated like Santa Claus and is almost pelted by a car battery. Is glad to be out of Philly and leads the Broncos D in shutting down Kolb as McNabb is once again injured. (15-0)

Week 17 vs. Kansas City: KC D is still the worst in the NFL and Orton and the Broncos go for history. (16-0)

McD states that "We started fast and we finished strong," we are going to enjoy the bye week and start our push to the Super Bowl.

I like the optimism, but I'm not sure it will go quite that well. :D

Peerless
04-15-2009, 11:16 AM

LOL wow.......

By this logic, I guess the 8-8 Broncos have just as many, or not as many problems as the 0-16 Lions.

Keep them coming please, I'm getting a laugh out of your spew.

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:17 AM

orton + our schedule = losing record

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:19 AM
LOL wow.......

By this logic, I guess the 8-8 Broncos have just as many, or not as many problems as the 0-16 Lions.

You and a few others just don't get it.

Thanks though

:coffee:

Elevation inc
04-15-2009, 11:20 AM

Thanks though

your right i dont get how 5-11 and 8-8 and 0-16 is the same......

turftoad
04-15-2009, 11:22 AM

We DID NOT have talent on "D" last year except for one or two guys.

GEM

So Cutler +our schedule would = winning record? Let's not forget our record the last 3 years mmmkay.

powderaddict

Big letters!

/thread

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
So Cutler +our schedule would = winning record? Let's not forget our record the last 3 years mmmkay.

i would expect our record to be BETTER with cutler gem.

Peerless
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM

Thanks though

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:28 AM

like 8-8 better?

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
like 8-8 better?

with one of the worst defenses we have ever had.

thanks for playing....please try again later. :laugh:

GEM
04-15-2009, 11:30 AM

Expect it...though it hasn't happened any of the years he was starting. If we are going to have a losing record it isn't going to sit solely on Orton's shoulders.....just like having a mediocre last couple seasons didn't sit solely on Cutler's. Can't hold them to double standards. If the record is due to the defense and the qb has no part in it, as many have said in Cutler's defense, same goes for Orton. Only fair, right?

Broncolingus
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
5-11 seems as good of a guess as any...W(ho)TF knows.

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:32 AM

I wonder if we could get another 3 game lead with 3 to play and meltdown again? Maybe Orton can throw 3 ints at home against the Raiders and get blown out because of it. Oh, but remember its the defense's fault. Orton can do no wrong, just like Jay couldn't.

Memo to Orton: when the Raiders come to town, don't worry about YOUR turnovers...its not your fault.

Thanks

WTM

Traveler
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Terrence "Mount" Cody, here we come!

DenBronx
i still am not getting how 5-11 is better or the same as 8-8? clearly we were moving in all the right directions on offense. all we had to do was fix the D and that would have pushed us into a winning record AND the playoffs. you cant expect our offense to play shootout every game. how big did you expect jay cutlers backpack to be??? to top it off wheres the running game?

i find it amazing that we were even 8-8 last year. not even brady or manning would have had a winning record.

Nomad
5-11 seems as good of a guess as any...W(ho)TF knows.

I'll be watching the BRONCOS all season anyway, whether 5-11 or 11-5!!

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
I wonder if we could get another 3 game lead with 3 to play and meltdown again? Maybe Orton can throw 3 ints at home against the Raiders and get blown out because of it. Oh, but remember its the defense's fault. Orton can do no wrong, just like Jay couldn't.

Memo to Orton: when the Raiders come to town, don't worry about YOUR turnovers...its not your fault.

Thanks

WTM

yeah how bout this...

MEMO to Orton: You are fully expected to pull out a winning record out of your ass next year because clearly our front office thinks you were an upgrade at the most valuable position in the game.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 11:36 AM
i still am not getting how 5-11 is better or the same as 8-8? clearly we were moving in all the right directions on offense. all we had to do was fix the D and that would have pushed us into a winning record AND the playoffs. you cant expect our offense to play shootout every game. how big did you expect jay cutlers backpack to be??? to top it off wheres the running game?

i find it amazing that we were even 8-8 last year. not even brady or manning would have had a winning record.

I want to see the simulations you were running.

Nomad
04-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Thanks

WTM

Nah! This year it will be all Orton's and McDaniels fault!:lol: Oh how the winds ablow, hey matey!!

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM

No but you should expect your offense that was moving in all the right directions (as you put it ) to put up more than 15.5 ppg in the 8 loses.

But oh ya....that was the defense's fault for the offense not scoring more than 15 ppg in our 8 loses.

I wonder how many turnovers Jay had in those 8 loses?:confused:

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Expect it...though it hasn't happened any of the years he was starting. If we are going to have a losing record it isn't going to sit solely on Orton's shoulders.....just like having a mediocre last couple seasons didn't sit solely on Cutler's. Can't hold them to double standards. If the record is due to the defense and the qb has no part in it, as many have said in Cutler's defense, same goes for Orton. Only fair, right?

why arent you blaming shanahan and the rest of the coaching debacle, the recievers for droped balls, 7 rb's for going on IR, the missed tackles, no turnovers, no stopping the run, no stopping the pass???

records dont fall on defense...
records dont fall on offense...
records dont fall on special teams..
they fall on the TEAM.

LoyalSoldier
04-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Unless the draft really changes things. I think this picture portrays my thoughts on next season.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/7593/imscrewed.jpg

Watchthemiddle
04-15-2009, 11:42 AM
yeah how bout this...

MEMO to Orton: You are fully expected to pull out a winning record out of your ass next year because clearly our front office thinks you were an upgrade at the most valuable position in the game.

they fall on the TEAM.

Thanks for playing

TXBRONC
Terrence "Mount" Cody, here we come!

If we're 5-11 at the end of this season it would't surprise me if we draft a quarterback early in next year's draft.

GEM

I expect that a 25 year old NFL QB understands that coaches and management are going to entertain trade talks. I expect that a 25 year old NFL QB should be competitive and if brought up in trade talks should go out and slap the coach in the face with play instead of temper tantrums. I expect ANY 25 year old not to kick their feet, not answer calls, not return calls because their feelings got hurt. It didn't HAVE to be this way and one of the key players who kept it going and lied about it (the exact reason he's kicking feet and pouting) could have made the outcome different. He didn't. I'm not going to be an apologist for someone who doesn't want to be here. Good riddance.

And defense can be fixed, new coach 2 # 1'S to build with...there is hope for the defense yet and our offense could be stable enough to handle this.

GEM
04-15-2009, 11:44 AM
why arent you blaming shanahan and the rest of the coaching debacle, the recievers for droped balls, 7 rb's for going on IR, the missed tackles, no turnovers, no stopping the run, no stopping the pass???

they fall on the TEAM.

The TEAM that Cutler didn't want to play for anymore. The TEAM that Cutler wouldn't even return phone calls to. The TEAM that Cutler abandoned with his own selfish antics.

slim
04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Krieger has turned into Kiszla.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 11:52 AM

There are a lot analysts that we wont be very good and they are basing that on turnover of personnel and new systems that are being put into place.

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 11:52 AM

you miss the playoffs, you miss the playoffs, and.........you miss the playoffs. That's how they are the same. the only difference being.....draft position.

so with that in mind, if we are 3-10 after Week 14 like Krieger predicted, I hope we don't do something stupid like win 2 of our last 3 games. if we're going to suck next season, we might as well suck hard.

Traveler
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
If we're 5-11 at the end of this season it would't surprise me if we draft a quarterback early in next year's draft.

If McDaniels is planning on building this team beginning in the trenches (which is my hope), more power to him. That said, there's nothing saying that you shouldn't ake a shot at a "franchise" QB if one is available.

Just not sure there is a franchise QB in next years draft. As for Cody, unless he gets hurt this year, he's got to be in the top five for the 2010 draft. if, according Kreiger, our record is 5-11, it will put us in reach of him. Unless the Bears somehow stink up the joint this season.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
yeah how bout this...

I haven't heard one person say that Orton is an upgrade at QB.

The Jay Cutler trade was for 2 #1rd picks and a #3rd pick. Orton was traded for a #5rd pick.

The trade was made to upgrade the rest of the team. McDaniels thought Orton was a good enough QB to run his system to take this trade over others, but it was not "Cutler for Orton" or "Orton is an upgrade at QB".

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
There are a lot analysts that we wont be very good and they are basing that on turnover of personnel and new systems that are being put into place.

There are also alot of analysts that think the Broncos have put themselves in a position to make considerable upgrades on defense, and could be very competetive.

turftoad
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Krieger is being a realist. I am too. Him and I have something in common. We won't let sunshine be pumped up our ass's.

I think 5-11 is about right. We probably win one or two we shouldn't and lose one or two we shouldnt.

We are in rebuild mold. We are what we are.

denver lover 85
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
i agree 5-11...... !!

denver lover 85
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
i also agree with turftoad.... i think you are exactly right.......

Northman
04-15-2009, 12:13 PM
16-0

jrelway
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
a whole revamped defense, a new offensive scheme with 2 new qbs. impatient fans that will boo. 5-11 seems pretty dead on this year.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
There are also alot of analysts that think the Broncos have put themselves in a position to make considerable upgrades on defense, and could be very competetive.

I haven't seen anything of the sort.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM
you miss the playoffs, you miss the playoffs, and.........you miss the playoffs. That's how they are the same. the only difference being.....draft position.

so with that in mind, if we are 3-10 after Week 14 like Krieger predicted, I hope we don't do something stupid like win 2 of our last 3 games. if we're going to suck next season, we might as well suck hard.

Ah on, a team that goes 0-16 or 5-11 or whatever, generally has more problems than a team that goes 8-8.

turftoad
04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Ah on, a team that goes 0-16 or 5-11 or whatever, generally has more problems than a team that goes 8-8.

Agreed. Now............... it seems we have more problems then we did at the beginning of the offseason. :tsk:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Agreed. Now............... it seems we have more problems then we did at the beginning of the offseason. :tsk:

Agreed. :sad:

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen anything of the sort.

I posted a link just yesterday to www.milehighreport.com, they broke down the Broncos offense and the Patriots offense under McD, they're pretty high on him.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I posted a link just yesterday to www.milehighreport.com, they broke down the Broncos offense and the Patriots offense under McD, they're pretty high on him.

Those fans of the Broncos not analysts I don't think that's the same thing PA.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Those fans of the Broncos not analysts I don't think that's the same thing PA.

Did you even read it????

Just because they are Bronco fans doesn't mean they cant objectively break down tape, and analyze what they see :lol:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Did you even read it????

Just because they are Bronco fans doesn't mean they cant objectively break down tape, and analyze what they see :lol:

And just because you deem it objective doesn't make so. :coffee:

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 12:33 PM

maybe, maybe not. all that really matters is no post-season games. a new year is a new year.

Miami 2007 (1-15) 2008 (11-5)
Baltimore 2007 (5-11) 2008 (11-5)
Atlanta 2007 (4-12) 2008 (11-5)
Detroit 2007 (7-9) 2008 (0-16)

drastic, over-night turnarounds are run of the mill in today's NFL. so again, missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs, doesn't matter how much you missed by.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
maybe, maybe not. all that really matters is no post-season games. a new year is a new year.

Miami 2007 (1-15) 2008 (11-5)
Baltimore 2007 (5-11) 2008 (11-5)
Atlanta 2007 (4-12) 2008 (11-5)
Detroit 2007 (7-9) 2008 (0-16)

drastic, over-night turnarounds are run of the mill in today's NFL. so again, missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs, doesn't matter how much you missed by.

Yeah, and top three teams had solid defenses and strong running games to rely on. Detroit was mess from top to bottom. Drastic overnight turnarounds are the exception not the rule.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Not a Bronco fan:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f980e5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

A quick look at nfl.com turned it up.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
And just because you deem it objective doesn't make so. :coffee:

Can you show me in the series where they broke down the 2 teams where they weren't objective?

I could reply with "just becuause you deem them not objective doesn't make it so :coffee:", but it's apparent you haven't even read the breakdown. I'll stand by my views of their objectivity in writing that series over your quick "they have a Broncos slant NOT OBJECTIVE" judgement.

Oh, and :coffee:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Not a Bronco fan:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f980e5&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

A quick look at nfl.com turned it up.

I watched the video and I read Buck's article neither one of them said we would be competitive this year.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Can you show me in the series where they broke down the 2 teams where they weren't objective?

I could reply with "just becuause you deem them not objective doesn't make it so :coffee:", but it's apparent you haven't even read the breakdown. I'll stand by my views of their objectivity in writing that series over your quick "they have a Broncos slant NOT OBJECTIVE" judgement.

Oh, and :coffee:

Good for you.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Good for you.

Due to that resounding logic,

I NOW AGREE WITH YOU 100% :lol:

Seriously, what does that add to the discussion?

Again, I ask where in that series about McDaniels offense posted on milehighreport was the analysis not objective? I'm not trying to argue, but you've completely dismissed any valid point they make due to them being unobjective.

Are you objectively looking at the analysis they made?

slim
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Krieger is being a realist. I am too. Him and I have something in common. We won't let sunshine be pumped up our ass's.

I think 5-11 is about right. We probably win one or two we shouldn't and lose one or two we shouldnt.

We are in rebuild mold. We are what we are.

I enjoy having sunshine pumped up my ass.

BeefStew25
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I enjoy having sunshine pumped up my ass.

I have some expiring miles. What are you doing this weekend?

slim
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I have some expiring miles. What are you doing this weekend?

Keeping my ass covered :eek:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Due to that resounding logic,

I NOW AGREE WITH YOU 100% :lol:

Seriously, what does that add to the discussion?

Again, I ask where in that series about McDaniels offense posted on milehighreport was the analysis not objective? I'm not trying to argue, but you've completely dismissed any valid point they make due to them being unobjective.

Are you objectively looking at the analysis they made?

Yep and it still subjective and still by fans of our team and if you can't handle it that's your problem.

GEM
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
So because Mortenson the moron gets paid to analyze, he's believable, even though half the crap that comes off his computer is just that, crap. :lol:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
So because Mortenson the moron gets paid to analyze, he's believable, even though half the crap that comes off his computer is just that, crap. :lol:

When has Mortensen been considered an analyst? :rolleyes:

getlynched47
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM

Chris Mortensen is the biggest idiot "reporter" I've ever seen.

Mortensen: "Shanahan to the Chiefs is a done deal"......yeah right :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Chris Mortensen is the biggest idiot "reporter" I've ever seen.

Mortensen: "Shanahan to the Chiefs is a done deal"......yeah right :rolleyes:

Correct, Mortensen is considered a "reporter" not an analyst.

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
When has Mortensen been considered an analyst? :rolleyes:

Go semantics now TX, he's a reporter, he reports on the NFL, he analyzes just the same as anyone else. Your argument is that anyone who gets paid has a better leg to stand on...which in and of itself is crap.

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah, and top three teams had solid defenses and strong running games to rely on. Detroit was mess from top to bottom. Drastic overnight turnarounds are the exception not the rule.

so we haven't had much success running the ball over the past decade? we've kept the same line coach and RB coach. if we stay relatively healthy at HB, you don't think we'll have a strong running game to rely on?

as for defense, did the three top teams also have solid defenses the season before, when they were bottom feeders? better than ours, sure. and Baltimore still had a good defense. but Atlanta and Miami were "rebuilding" theirs, just like we are doing. with all our picks in a defense-heavy draft, with a proven DC and top-notch positional coaches, are you saying we can't get to "solid" in a short time frame?

and drastic overnight turnarounds are NOW the rule, not the exception. every year there is a team or two that plummets in the standings, and a team or two that comes out of nowhere. will it be the broncos this year? Don't know. but I like our chances better than I liked Miami's chances going into last season.

and that's the point, which you haven't touched. you miss the playoffs, you missed the playoffs. having 8 wins instead of 5 means absolutely nothing in today's league. too much parrity and player turnover.

getlynched47
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Correct, Mortensen is considered a "reporter" not an analyst.

Yeah Mortensen is a reporter. Who said that Mortensen was an analyst?? :lol:

I'd pay to see Mortensen even attempting to analyze the Detroit Lions :laugh:

honz
04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
My mother paid me one dollar to post this: The Broncos will go 9-7 next year and beat the Chargers twice.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Yep and it still subjective and still by fans of our team and if you can't handle it that's your problem.

In other words,

You can't show me where that series wasn't objective. Got it :salute:

Instead of proving me wrong by showing me, just tell me I have a problem :lol:

VERY convincing arguement! :salute:

honz
Yeah Mortensen is a reporter. Who said that Mortensen was an analyst?? :lol:

I'd pay to see Mortensen even attempting to analyze the Detroit Lions :laugh:
Mortenson does analysis as well as "reporting".

getlynched47
My mother paid me one dollar to post this: The Broncos will go 9-7 next year and beat the Chargers twice.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

April fools was 14 days ago buddy...

9-7 is possible, but I'm not counting on it. I'm also not counting on the Broncos beating the Chargers twice!

getlynched47
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Mortenson does analysis as well as "reporting".

Mortensen is a journalist.

We're all wrong :tsk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mortensen
http://www.espnmediazone.com/bios/Talent/Mortensen_Chris.htm

And that doesn't take the fact away that he sucks.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/08/chris-mortensen-gets-another-breaking.html

In the past two years alone Mort has been responsible for a laundry list of false reports. First, it was that Michael Vick unlikely to get indicted, we all know how that turned out. After that came the guarantee that Ron Rivera was the next Cowboys Coach, and when that didn't pan out he was chided by colleague Greg Easterbrook online. Next, it was Mortensen saying that Eli Manning would "officially" miss a month to start last season, Eli played every game. THEN it was Jon Gruden put him on blast. If you add to that this Cardinals story, the Parcells to Atlanta guarantee, and the lock that Brett Favre WAS NOT going to come back this season, you have grand total of eight....EIGHT!....breaking news items that Mortensen was dead wrong about.

Not to mention the "Shanahan to Kansas City is a done deal" :lol:

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Mortensen is a journalist.

We're all wrong :tsk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mortensen
http://www.espnmediazone.com/bios/Talent/Mortensen_Chris.htm

And that doesn't take the fact away that he sucks.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/08/chris-mortensen-gets-another-breaking.html

Not to mention the "Shanahan to Kansas City is a done deal" :lol:

But he gets paid, he's not a fan of one single team alone...so he's credible.

:laugh:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
so we haven't had much success running the ball over the past decade? we've kept the same line coach and RB coach. if we stay relatively healthy at HB, you don't think we'll have a strong running game to rely on?

as for defense, did the three top teams also have solid defenses the season before, when they were bottom feeders? better than ours, sure. and Baltimore still had a good defense. but Atlanta and Miami were "rebuilding" theirs, just like we are doing. with all our picks in a defense-heavy draft, with a proven DC and top-notch positional coaches, are you saying we can't get to "solid" in a short time frame?

and drastic overnight turnarounds are NOW the rule, not the exception. every year there is a team or two that plummets in the standings, and a team or two that comes out of nowhere. will it be the broncos this year? Don't know. but I like our chances better than I liked Miami's chances going into last season.

and that's the point, which you haven't touched. you miss the playoffs, you missed the playoffs. having 8 wins instead of 5 means absolutely nothing in today's league. too much parrity and player turnover.

It's the exception not the rule, besides that what you seem to be ignoring is the fact that the Falcons and the Dolphins have feature backs that stayed relatively healthy all year. Do we? No we don't. I'm not sure about Atlanta but Miami didn't do that do kind of overhall that we're doing from what I remember.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
But he gets paid, he's not a fan of one single team alone...so he's credible.

Where did he say that Mortensen is credible?

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
It's the exception not the rule, besides that what you seem to be ignoring is the fact that the Falcons and the Dolphins have feature backs that stayed relatively healthy all year. Do we? No we don't. I'm not sure about Atlanta but Miami didn't do that do kind of overhall that we're doing from what I remember.

Miami got a new coach and a new GM, had no set QB...I think it's a lot closer than you are letting on. Their feature RB wasn't really a feature back until the wildcat became popular.

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Where did he say that Mortensen is credible?

It was stated that because the guys from MileHighReport are just fans that they can't and aren't objective and that their analysis doesn't really hold any weight.

Mortenson gets paid, he isn't really a fan of any specific team.

The point.....just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean you do it well. Just because you don't get paid to do something doesn't mean it is any less substantial than the other.

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 02:35 PM

so that's it? having 4 wins isn't so bad as long as you have a "feature" back?

you're still missing the whole point here tex. I'm not saying Denver will turn it around next season (5-11 seems a pretty reasonable prediction imo). what I'm saying, and you are disagreeing with, is having 5 wins and missing the playoffs doesn't mean you are further away than having 8 wins and missing the playoffs. both teams need to improve. but recent history has shown conclusively that in todays NFL--with all the parity and player turnover--that improvement can happen in one offseason.

last season, a team with 1 win the year before won 11 games, while a team with 7 wins won 0. and yet you are saying the team with 7 wins was in better shape than the team with 1. again, in today's NFL, your record last year means nothing. it's what you do between your last whistle of the previous season and your first whistle of the next season that counts.

I'm really not sure why you are arguing this point. it's not all that controversial. heck, I'd say it's pretty much common knowledge.

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 02:35 PM
It was stated that because the guys from MileHighReport are just fans that they can't and aren't objective and that their analysis doesn't really hold any weight.

Mortenson gets paid, he isn't really a fan of any specific team.

The point.....just because you get paid to do something doesn't mean you do it well. Just because you don't get paid to do something doesn't mean it is any less substantial than the other.

And I still have gotten anything besides "you have a problem" when I ask for an example of unobjectivity in that article :lol:

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Miami got a new coach and a new GM, had no set QB...I think it's a lot closer than you are letting on. Their feature RB wasn't really a feature back until the wildcat became popular.

No Ronnie Brown was considered their feature back for the last few years. Three years ago he rushed for 1000 plus yards, two years ago he was on pace for another 1000 yards but ended missing nine games due to injury and last year they had Ricky Williams so they split carries between to the two.

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM

hey GEM, nice post. and I like your shirt. :D

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:38 PM
No Ronnie Brown was considered their feature back for the last few years. Three years ago he rushed for 1000 plus yards, two years ago he was on pace for another 1000 yards but ended missing nine games due to injury and last year they had Ricky Williams so they split carries between to the two.

1000 yards equals a featured back these days? Wow...Hell, Tatum had that for us the year he was released and he was second fiddle, wasn't he? He was just under at like 921 or something like that.

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:39 PM
hey GEM, nice post. and I like your shirt. :D

Go BRONCOS!! :salute:

:D

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
1000 yards equals a featured back these days? Wow...Hell, Tatum had that for us the year he was released and he was second fiddle, wasn't he? He was just under at like 921 or something like that.

In 2005 he was working in tandemn with Mike Anderson who ended with a 1000 yards rushing. In 2006 he rushed for 1000 yards as the main back.

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:49 PM
In 2005 he was working in tandemn with Mike Anderson who ended with a 1000 yards rushing. In 2006 he rushed for 1000 yards as the main back.

1000 yards just isn't a whole lot for a featured back anymore.

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM

it's like franchise QBs with 0-0 records in the postseason.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Missing games will cut into your totals. Anyway, the one thing I can agree on is that you do have a nice t shirt. :D

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM

So are you going to prove to me where milehighreport was unobjective in their breakdown of McDaniels offense?

GEM
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Missing games will cut into your totals. Anyway, the one thing I can agree on is that you do have a nice t shirt. :D

Thank you sir. Trying to reunite Broncos fans. ;)

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 02:56 PM

That's certainly one way to do it. :lol:

omac
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
So are you going to prove to me where milehighreport was unobjective in their breakdown of McDaniels offense?

Jmo, though milehighreport does put out some good stuff, there is some bias in some of their articles. I'll leave it at that, and no need to agree, hehe. :cheers:

powderaddict
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Jmo, though milehighreport does put out some good stuff, there is some bias in some of their articles. I'll leave it at that, and no need to agree, hehe. :cheers:

I can't find any in the series about McDaniels offense. I'd love to see where bias has affected their analysis of what he brings to Denver.

If someone wants no hope of optimism (not you omac), go ahead and disregard one of the best researched, and written in depth analysis of his schemes. But to disregard it without even reading it as biased is pretty short sighted imo.

bullis26
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Tim Tebow = The Denver Broncos 2010 4th RD draft Choice (hopefully)

LoyalSoldier
04-15-2009, 06:04 PM

Yes, but at least a 8-8 team is some what fun to watch, a 0-16 team makes you pull your hair out.

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
With equal credibility, I can say Denver will win 10 straight.

Nomad
04-15-2009, 06:07 PM

And you could have 'Peaches and Herb' singing along!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vvOPsiVdU

NameUsedBefore
04-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I can see splitting Oak/KC, but the only thing that I think can comfortably be said should be a win is Cincy... That's no bueno.

Magnificent Seven
04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Ignore all medias.... I believe in Broncos and I am still believing in Mile High Magic. GO BRONCOS!

DenverBronkHoes
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
big deal.... is anyone surprised?

realistically, we are not good right now... after the draft we may get a little better.... But we wont sniff .500 and thats just going to have to be accepted by some....

i for one, have accepted it

DenverBronkHoes
04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
were not winning a superbowl Kyle Orton...... i dont give a shit what the experts say about System QBs VS Gun Slingers..

u cant put ortonnext to ANY of the great QBs that are one or the other...

he is a hack and we will see proof of it as a member of the broncos

weazel
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM

not enough effort, gem... you gotta do a little more!

DenBronx
04-15-2009, 07:37 PM
yeah...go the extra mile.

bullis26
04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
were not winning a superbowl Kyle Orton...... i dont give a shit what the experts say about System QBs VS Gun Slingers..

u cant put ortonnext to ANY of the great QBs that are one or the other...

he is a hack and we will see proof of it as a member of the broncos

Trent Dilfer wasnt a great QB but he won a superbowl...... its a team game, not placed solely on on player

LoyalSoldier
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Trent Dilfer wasnt a great QB but he won a superbowl...... its a team game, not placed solely on on player

Yet we aren't the 2000 Ravens either.

bullis26
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Yet we aren't the 2000 Ravens either.

Thanks for reminding me i forgot we are the 2009 Denver Broncos? But that matters? theres been more than one team to go to the super bowl without a great QB, and how do you know Orton will be bad..... Because of his past? He's still a young quarterback, if he comes out and throws 51 TD's will he still be bad? Anything can happen i actually want to give this guy a chance, lets wait until he plays a few games to say this guy sucks

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I can see splitting Oak/KC, but the only thing that I think can comfortably be said should be a win is Cincy... That's no bueno.

even Cincy....they're a different team with a healthy Carson Palmer. Don't know who he's going to have to throw to, but we'll be playing our first game with a new offensive and defensive system. as things stand right now, I'm not shocked if we lost to the Bengals.

but what about his defense! because it was divinely created and there is no way we'll ever be able to build a defense that isn't the worst ever. because I'd bet, growing up in New England gave McDaniels no respect for having a great defense. nope, McDaniels only hope for success is a QB that can single-handedly will the team to victory through sheer physical ability. guys like Tom Brady or Matt Cassel. :rolleyes:

bullis26
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
even Cincy....they're a different team with a healthy Carson Palmer. Don't know who he's going to have to throw to, but we'll be playing our first game with a new offensive and defensive system. as things stand right now, I'm not shocked if we lost to the Bengals.

but what about his defense! because it was divinely created and there is no way we'll ever be able to build a defense that isn't the worst ever. because I'd bet, growing up in New England gave McDaniels no respect for having a great defense. nope, McDaniels only hope for success is a QB that can single-handedly will the team to victory through sheer physical ability. guys like Tom Brady or Matt Cassel. :rolleyes:

ahahahahahahahaha seriously? The patriots have a GREAT defense

bullis26
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Patriots 10th in yards allowed, 8th in Points allowed, and 3rd in forced turnovers

WoW i would love to have that defense

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=null&archive=false&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-o=1&conference=null&d-447263-s=TIME_OF_POSS_SECONDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1

bcbronc
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
ahahahahahahahaha seriously? The patriots have a GREAT defense

that was a sarcastic rant. :rolleyes: = :sarcasm:

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Denver lost a talented QB but have gained much in return, starting with a competent DC that can hopefully change things up.

To me a lot of this will have to go to Draft day. There'll probably be a lot of rookies starting.

Denver's offense still has talent on the Line. Even a mediocre QB with a good Line and even decent wideouts will look much better when he drops back and has 5 seconds.

Just NOT buying a 5-11 season. I know the sechedule looks like murderer's row, but some teams take a step back year to year. I hope the team gets some kind of cohesiveness and leadership and I think we can be pleasantly surprised this year. I know the Cutler-less factor, but it's a team game.

This isn't 1999 the first year of the Denver Elwayless. Not even close.

LoyalSoldier
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for reminding me i forgot we are the 2009 Denver Broncos? But that matters? theres been more than one team to go to the super bowl without a great QB,

Yeah and just about each and every one of them had a great defense.

and how do you know Orton will be bad..... Because of his past? He's still a young quarterback, if he comes out and throws 51 TD's will he still be bad? Anything can happen i actually want to give this guy a chance, lets wait until he plays a few games to say this guy sucks

I would love it if he came out and threw 51 TDs, but I am not expecting anything out of him. Thus far in his career he has been average and hasn't shown any signs of changing that. You

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Denver lost a talented QB but have gained much in return, starting with a competent DC that can hopefully change things up.

To me a lot of this will have to go to Draft day. There'll probably be a lot of rookies starting.

Denver's offense still has talent on the Line. Even a mediocre QB with a good Line and even decent wideouts will look much better when he drops back and has 5 seconds.

Just NOT buying a 5-11 season. I know the sechedule looks like murderer's row, but some teams take a step back year to year. I hope the team gets some kind of cohesiveness and leadership and I think we can be pleasantly surprised this year. I know the Cutler-less factor, but it's a team game.

We have a new offensive and defensive scheme to be implemented. There has been a heavy turnover of the roster especially on the defensive side of the ball and you think we'll have several rookies starting, yet with all that you don't think it's possible that we could go 5-11? With that many moving parts 5-11 is very real possibility.

Shazam!
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I will take several talented rookies starting in a new, smarter, more aggressive defensive philosophy and look, and it isn't a stretch to say that that unit could be even marginally improved from the 2008 Broncos defense. The last two years the D was a joke. The Broncos D was the worst in the League. Hell, I don't have to tell you that! By January, if they went from 28th overall to 15-20, that's a success to build on. They probably made a few stops that directly helped to win a game or two, something they couldn't do two years in a row.

TXBRONC
04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I will take several talented rookies starting in a new, smarter, more aggressive defensive philosophy and look, and it isn't a stretch to say that that unit could be even marginally improved from the 2008 Broncos defense. The last two years the D was a joke. The Broncos D was the worst in the League. Hell, I don't have to tell you that! By January, if they went from 28th overall to 15-20, that's a success to build on. They probably made a few stops that directly helped to win a game or two, something they couldn't do two years in a row.

Absolutely that would be a big step forward if the defense improved that much from last year but that doesn't necessarily equate to more wins. It could mean more wins but there is a very good chance it wont.

Peerless
04-15-2009, 10:06 PM

McDummy better wake up and REALIZE what the major flaw of this Denver team is and HAS been...... Literally, it's the ENTIRE defense.

Especially now switching to the 3-4, we have more guys who are questionable at their respective positions, than they were in the 4-3.

Our front 3 is weak. We don't have a true NT (I don't buy Ronald Fields)

Hopefully Dj Williams can make yet another position change and be somewhat effective on the field. Andra Davis I heard lost a step in Cle. but he's the best 3-4 linebacker who knows the system.

OLB's? Jarvis Moss? :lol: Elvis Dumervil? Eeeeeeeeee....

The secondary looks to be improved at least. I liked the Dawkins signing, but he won't be able to do anything other than be a vocal leader if the front seven can't put any pressure on the quarterback.... especially at age 36.

So we better draft some DE/DT and some linebackers. I'm sure the linebackers can come in and make a better impact then the D-line members, because the DE/DT position has one of the longest learning curves in football at that respective position...

omac
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I know the Cutler-less factor, but it's a team game.

I agree completely. :cheers:

(added)

Although there are similarities like having the same weapons on offense sans the talented QB. The Broncos, I think, had better overall defensive talent, though.

bullis26
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
McDummy better wake up and REALIZE what the major flaw of this Denver team is and HAS been...... Literally, it's the ENTIRE defense.

Especially now switching to the 3-4, we have more guys who are questionable at their respective positions, than they were in the 4-3.

Hopefully Dj Williams can make yet another position change and be somewhat effective on the field. Andra Davis I heard lost a step in Cle. but he's the best 3-4 linebacker who knows the system.

The secondary looks to be improved at least. I liked the Dawkins signing, but he won't be able to do anything other than be a vocal leader if the front seven can't put any pressure on the quarterback.... especially at age 36.

So we better draft some DE/DT and some linebackers. I'm sure the linebackers can come in and make a better impact then the D-line members, because the DE/DT position has one of the longest learning curves in football at that respective position...

I actually think Jarvis Moss Can be an effective 3-4 OLB, i thought he was a much better LB coming out of the draft than a DE

Peerless
04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I actually think Jarvis Moss Can be an effective 3-4 OLB, i thought he was a much better LB coming out of the draft than a DE

You know, if I had to choose between Moss or Dumervil for who can excel better as an OLB, I would choose Moss.

And I do know that a lot of tweener DEs have made the transition to OLB.

But then again, I remember this is Jarvis Moss. :lol:

I haven't given up on him yet... but I'm not holding high hopes for him to be a stud OLB, only for those hopes to be shattered if he fails.

omac
04-15-2009, 10:33 PM

I guess with that kind of thinking, there's no difference between going 8-8, 11-5(Pats, no playoffs), 5-11, or 0-16. Pretty sure the Pats and the Lions disagree with you. :D

Peerless
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I guess with that kind of thinking, there's no difference between going 8-8, 11-5(Pats, no playoffs), 5-11, or 0-16. Pretty sure the Pats and the Lions disagree with you. :D

That comment from WTM is already an instant classic.

About the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

Lonestar
04-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Do you actually think the defense escaped his radar?

If so why did the coaching staff get fired..

Why did he bring in top notch coaches to fill all of the position coaching holes..

then whiny bitch baby took time away from filling the defense issues..

I'm sure they will find the best available players in the postilions of need, but since their are going on 9 holes to fill as starters, not counting backups..

Do not expect a miracle in improvements in 2009.. Had jaysus not been an issue it still would have been sketchy to fill all of the holes left behind by the mastermind..

Nature Boy
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
5-11? No 4-12 is more like it.

Shazam!
04-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Although there are similarities like having the same weapons on offense sans the talented QB. The Broncos, I think, had better overall defensive talent, though.

The Broncos had MUCH better Defensive talent. But in 99' there were a lot of more factors.

You don't lose the leader of the team, no, the leader of the franchise and recover in one season.

There was essentially a rookie QB starting under tremendous pressure.

A two-time Super Bowl Champion in flux.

TD's injury clearly ended his career that Season. Once he went down the players knew it was over.

I was expecting a season in 99 that was much, much worse. I was thinking like 2-14 or something, I was dreading that season for years, the first of the Elwayless.

Denver will be ok I think. I'm excited about the new Broncos. I know I'm not in the general consensus, but I don't see Denver losing so many games. I think they'll surprise a lot of people. 8-8 or 9-7 isn't out of reach in this Division, and as I said all the solid teams on teh schedule may take a step back.

They better have a good Season because if Cassel blossoms KC won't be a pushover forever. The Raiders too.

omac
04-16-2009, 04:02 AM
The Broncos had MUCH better Defensive talent. But in 99' there were a lot of more factors.

You don't lose the leader of the team, no, the leader of the franchise and recover in one season.

There was essentially a rookie QB starting under tremendous pressure.

A two-time Super Bowl Champion in flux.

TD's injury clearly ended his career that Season. Once he went down the players knew it was over.

I was expecting a season in 99 that was much, much worse. I was thinking like 2-14 or something, I was dreading that season for years, the first of the Elwayless.

Denver will be ok I think. I'm excited about the new Broncos. I know I'm not in the general consensus, but I don't see Denver losing so many games. I think they'll surprise a lot of people. 8-8 or 9-7 isn't out of reach in this Division, and as I said all the solid teams on teh schedule may take a step back.

They better have a good Season because if Cassel blossoms KC won't be a pushover forever. The Raiders too.

Right now, I'm not too concerned with the tough opponents Denver will face outside of the conference, as all the teams in our conference will be facing practically the same opposition, so in that sense, the win-loss won't matter too much; those teams are going to beat up on the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs too.

I do think there could be a change in the pecking order, wherein Oakland becomes the 2nd best team, and we face off with the Chiefs for the 3rd spot. If the Raiders focus on what they did well in 2007, run the ball, that will put a lot less pressure on their QB, and make them more consistent.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Tebow blows.

But he'll make for a great SS or TE.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 10:35 AM

I would love to see Bradford in B&O, but that would mean McD changes his stripes into spots.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Too many variables - new coaching staff, new QBs, new schemes, a ton of new faces, the defense is still in shambles...

I'm giving McD's a pass on 2009, although I'm holding out hope that there will be improvements that translate to success on the field.

2010 is going to be his make or break season IMO. If the Broncos don't make a strong playoff push in 2010, I'll be jumping on the "I hate McD" bandwagon. But from what I've seen and read, I think we'll have more McD haters jumping on the "I love McD" bandwagon.

But yeah, for 2009 I'm "Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst"

How do you know "the defense is still in shambles..."? Have you some looking glass and have looked into the future?
:rolleyes:

And I don't remember Shanny being given just 2yrs at ANY time.

It sure is apparent who the "fans" are that have never been through a coaching change.

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
How do you know "the defense is still in shambles..."? Have you some looking glass and have looked into the future?
:rolleyes:

And I don't remember Shanny being given just 2yrs at ANY time.

It sure is apparent who the "fans" are that have never been through a coaching change.

For crying out loud, I've been one of McD's biggest supporters. I'm not demanding the playoffs in 2010, but in today's NFL he should be able to make a strong playoff push within 2 years.

And yes, until they show otherwise the defense is very suspect. I'm expecting great improvemet just due to better coaching/player development, but there are just too many holes to plug in overnight. I'll be very impressed if the defense is just average in 2009.

I've been through Reeves, Phillips, Shanahan, and now McDaniels. It should be evident after 2 seasons whether the team is on the right track or not (Phillips). If the team is still a pushover after 2 full offseasons, then I think it would be time to look in another direction. If they are at least making a stong playoff push, then great, stay the course :salute:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM

hope and change, Dread.....

hope

and

change

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:07 AM
After we traded Jay Cutler....why would they have any faith in us? All of them are laughing at Josh McDaniels because of the stupidity of pissing off your Quarterback, who everybody knew is a bitch, and then trading him away because you can't "work with him". If your girlfriend ignores you...do you break up with her right away even though she's very important to you? No...you stick it out and fix that shit.

Did you just say you wished cut-n-run'er was your girlfriend? :confused:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
ahhh 5-11.....the cost of giving up cutler.

That's funny....I don't remember cut-n-run'er winning any games on his own.....

...or playing defense.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
It you're a Bears fan go bother them. I happen to be a fan of the Broncos. :coffee:

Hmmmm....me thinks wtm is as much if not more, a Broncos fan, tx.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
LOL wow.......

LOL wow......

By this logic, I guess I could say you're right, or totally wrong.

:tsk:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM

cut-n-run'er + shanny = losing record

McD + team players = optimism

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
:confused:

1. ALL out of the playoffs

2. ALL non-winning records

3. ALL equal 16

4. ALL < 17

Class dismissed. :coffee:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:10 PM

synonyms expect, mean to await some occurrence or outcome. expect implies a high degree of certainty and usually involves the idea of preparing or envisioning

What would cause that?

hope,
hope implies little certainty but suggests confidence or assurance in the possibility that what one desires or longs for will happen

Wow...it Does sound like a "love gone bad".....

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Well, when the offense is scoring less than 21pts over and over and over and over and over and over again....you'd need to have Pitt's D to even have a chance.

2nd grade math

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:23 PM

You sure do make alot of non-fact-based statements.

And I would expect cut-n-run'er to do more than rack up yards between the 20's. I assure you...manning/brady generally FINISH their drives.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
yeah how bout this...

Link please.

TIA

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM

not really.

A tipped pass

A fumble that rolls another inch

A blown call by a ref

There's 3 games right there.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
In other words,

You can't show me where that series wasn't objective. Got it :salute:

Instead of proving me wrong by showing me, just tell me I have a problem :lol:

VERY convincing arguement! :salute:

I see you've met Tx!

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 12:47 PM

They got Pennington even later in the year than McD got Orton...they lost their All-Pro MLB.....All-Pro DE.....just to name a few "changes". ;)

Peerless
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
It's refreshing to know that some Denver fans think that the Broncos = Lions... ultimately since both teams missed the playoffs.

:salute: You have me sold!

turftoad
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
They got Pennington even later in the year than McD got Orton...they lost their All-Pro MLB.....All-Pro DE.....just to name a few "changes". ;)

Thomas was cut and they opted not to pay Taylor the big bucks, he's not what he used to be.

And................ Xman does not = Parcells.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
That comment from WTM is already an instant classic.

About the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

What's dumb about it? It made his point.

Gee...wonder why you're on vaca from BM? :coffee:

KCL
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
It's refreshing to know that some Denver fans think that the Broncos = Lions... ultimately since both teams missed the playoffs.

Well would you feel better if Denver were being compared to the Chiefs? :lol:

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm... actually...not.

What's dumb about it? What ISN'T dumb about that statement.

Just because BOTH teams missed the playoffs.. that automatically means both teams are =???????

That is just so stupid I don't even want to waste my time talking about it.

KCL
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM

WTM is also.....:D

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Well would you feel better if Denver were being compared to the Chiefs? :lol:

I don't think Chiefs fans would say that:

An 0-16 team is just as equal as a 8-8 (.500) team.... just because they missed the playoffs.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM

Can you streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch points any more? :confused:

I believe the point being made was what they HAD IN COMMON!!! You know...like crappy records...no playoffs.

There's only 1 Detroit Lions. :tsk:

KCL
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't think Chiefs fans would say that:

An 0-16 team is just as equal as a 8-8 (.500) team.... just because they missed the playoffs.

2-14 last season...I think they might compare us to the Lions...:eek:

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Can you streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch points any more? :confused:

I believe the point being made was what they HAD IN COMMON!!! You know...like crappy records...no playoffs.

There's only 1 Detroit Lions. :tsk:

No kidding, I read the part where he said "IF YOUR HOME WATCHING THE PLAYOFFS".

Weeks 1-17 (regular season) are obviously much less painful if your team is winning more games, but on week 18, there's no difference as you're both watching other teams play.

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm... actually...not.

Just because BOTH teams missed the playoffs.. that automatically means both teams are =???????

I don't think anyone said Denver = Detroit. Detroit has been a joke since....when haven't they been a joke?

If you think having the best record not to make the playoffs is some meaningful accomplishment, well...that's dumb. that's the point you don't seem capable of grasping: WTM wasn't saying the teams or organizations are equal, he was saying missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs, even if you are the best team ever to miss them. before going around calling things dumb and stupid, try to first grasp easy concepts. TYIA.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think anyone said Denver = Detroit. Detroit has been a joke since....when haven't they been a joke?

If you think having the best record not to make the playoffs is some meaningful accomplishment, well...that's dumb. that's the point you don't seem capable of grasping: WTM wasn't saying the teams or organizations are equal, he was saying missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs, even if you are the best team ever to miss them. before going around calling things dumb and stupid, try to first grasp easy concepts. TYIA.

I'm not putting the record into consideration really...

I'm trying to get to the point that:

A 5-11 team, overall is made up worse than an 8-8 team.

Just because BOTH miss the playoffs doesn't mean that BOTH have the same issues team wise.

The Broncos may have missed the playoffs, but is that to say that they are made up just as poorly as the 0-16 Lions, or some 5-11 team?

powderaddict
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Just because BOTH miss the playoffs doesn't mean that BOTH have the same issues team wise.

The Broncos may have missed the playoffs, but is that to say that they are made up just as poorly as the 0-16 Lions, or some 5-11 team?

I think you may be reading too much into that statement...

underrated29
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM

...or playing defense.

Thats funny because i do!

Its also funny because i dont remember football being like golf where its all on your own. I thought it was a team sport?

OK:

'07- game against steelers
'07- chefs game, both of them
07-raiders game
'07 opening game against the bills

more? ok

'08 chargers game -refs or not- he had to tie it up and the go ahead.
'08 saints
'08 browns
08 jets (split between him and hillis)

So yeah- I think In a team Game Jay pretty much cut'n' run up the score on the opposing defenses for the wins.
:salute:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Thomas was cut and they opted not to pay Taylor the big bucks, he's not what he used to be.

And................ Xman does not = Parcells.

I fail to see your point, toad. REGARDLESS of WHY they're no longer there....they still were, no?

They had MAJOR turnover. LOTS of new faces....new schemes...new coaches...new GM. And Chad Pennington.....a "franchise qb" that was let go because of his 'lack of arm strength". Even though he's considered a smart player, he helped guide the team back to winning.
Hmmm....sounds like denver has a chance, afterall. :coffee:

And when did Parcells become the end-all/be-all?
Lifetime record of 57% winning...2 SB's....having 6 losing/nonwinning seasons out of 19 (32%). <Shanny - 59% winning....2 SB's....8 losing/nonwinning seasons out of 16 (50%).

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm... actually...not.

You just don't like the FACT that the Broncos have commonality with such losing teams.

Like Nicholson says....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

What's dumb is you're taking it out of context to make your argument.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:37 PM
WTM is also.....:D
But I like WTM...... :beer:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM

I think most ANYBODY that knows the game, will tell you that there isn't much difference between 5-11 and 8-8.

I believe the saying "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" might have been said for people just like you.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Thats funny because i do!

Its also funny because i dont remember football being like golf where its all on your own. I thought it was a team sport?

So yeah- I think In a team Game Jay pretty much cut'n' run up the score on the opposing defenses for the wins.
:salute:

Wow....talk about contradicting :rolleyes:

KCL
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
But I like WTM...... :beer:

So do I....:D

underrated29
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Not so much actually.

You said he didnt win any games on his own. I took 2 steps to discredit that. THe first one is with the statement in general. Football is a team sport not an individual sport like golf. The second step was to show just how Jay did win games by himself. Not to condradict myself, but because you think jay should have done it on his own. So i showed just that.

So again.

Football is a team sport. For those who believe that its the QB who should do it all. I showed about 7 examples or so on how the QB did accomplish that.

So really there is not much to argue with.

KCL
04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Not so much actually.

You said he didnt win any games on his own. I took 2 steps to discredit that. THe first one is with the statement in general. Football is a team sport not an individual sport like golf. The second step was to show just how Jay did win games by himself. Not to condradict myself, but because you think jay should have done it on his own. So i showed just that.

So again.

Football is a team sport. For those who believe that its the QB who should do it all. I showed about 7 examples or so on how the QB did accomplish that.

:confused:

Can you dumb that down for me a bit?

underrated29
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
lol-kc

basically, there are two views.

1- football is a team sport, and you win or lose as a team. (most believe)

2- football is a qb sport and he must decide if the team wins or loese (rc is here)

As he said- jay never put the team on his shoulders and won.

So if i was to think like he did, i provided examples of how he did do that. However, i also stated that the reasoning he believes is not an accurate way to describe football.

****maybe this is better--

Football is a team sport not based soley on one individual.

If however, one were to think that way-(that it is on one individual, IE. Quarterback)

I provided stats to show that our QB did just that.

Any better.?

KCL
04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
lol-kc

2- football is a qb sport and he must decide if the team wins or loese (rc is here)

So if i was to think like he did, i provided examples of how he did do that. However, i also stated that the reasoning he believes is not an accurate way to describe football.

If however, one were to think that way-(that it is on one individual, IE. Quarterback)

Any better.?

I dunno...what you'd say? :lol:

Actually a QB can get all the glory or all the blame.Speaking of the QB position as I know it's a team sport.

T.K.O.
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
well, i may be an optimist but i believe....nolan will enjoy getting back to being a d.c. and we will have one of our better drafts, and dawkins will inspire our defense to be much improved and play with a fire thats been missing since al wilson left !
that combined with some "new and improved" playcalling on offense.
and hopefully a steady running game ( better than steady if torain and hillis stay healthy ) and or we draft moreno !
and BAM ! we go 9-7 and get a wildcard spot !

LoyalSoldier
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM

...or playing defense.

First of all you are on a posting frenzy. There was a whole page of your posts. Seriously....

At any rate, no Cutler wasn't the only factor in some of our wins, but he was still the largest factor. The defense in the Browns game was only doing a death roll the whole game. We didn't have a consistent rushing attack all game with the exception of Hillis coming in and getting that key 4th down so really the only thing working for us was the passing game.

Football is a team game, but not all positions are created equal.

Peerless
04-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I think most ANYBODY that knows the game, will tell you that there isn't much difference between 5-11 and 8-8.

So I guess there really isn't much of a difference between the Chokeland Raiders, and the Denver Broncos.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Not so much actually.

So again.

Awwww....I see....

Except for the fact that you're wrong.

Unless the qb snaps to himself, blocks for himself, passes the ball to himself, he did NOT "accomplish that".

But I assure you...he DID have a hand in losing games with his pisspoor decision making.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
So I guess there really isn't much of a difference between the Chokeland Raiders, and the Denver Broncos.

Hey thanks for the attention you give me in your sig every time you post.

It kind of makes you look a little silly at the same time being that you have totally taken it out of context....:laugh:..and have missed the point totally...:laugh:
Oh well...

Thanks again

WTM

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Hmmmm....me thinks wtm is as much if not more, a Broncos fan, tx.

You thinks wrong but that's nothing unusual for you.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
lol-kc

Any better.?Interesting.....
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629042&postcount=184
other than putting words into my mouth, juggling them up, and taking from them what you want to hear, you've made exactly zero sense.

so the qb has no input into whether or not a team wins or loses?

he snaps to himself/blocks for himself/catches his own passes?

wow

By your splitting into 2 groups, you've separated the qb from the rest of the team. That'd be an interesting game, to say the least. :coffee:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM

Gee....

..you mean that's why denver won 1 game and the faiduhs won the other?? :confused:

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey thanks for the attention you give me in your sig every time you post.

It kind of makes you look a little silly at the same time being that you have totally taken it out of context....:laugh:..and have missed the point totally...:laugh:
Oh well...

Thanks again

WTM

He's just jealous because we said we like you more. ;)

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:38 PM
You thinks wrong but that's nothing unusual for you.

You're opinion....

...which matters not.

But thanks for sharing.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
post after post after post after post of rcsodak

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Very annoying

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Please stop

getlynched47
Your opinion is no better than everybody elses

getlynched47
:tsk: my goodness

TXBRONC
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
You're opinion....

...which matters not.

But thanks for sharing.

Then I'm in good company, because yours has never mattered either.

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Not everybody lives on here 24/7. I post when I can.

Unlike you, who's accumulated almost as many posts in 2+mo's as I have in almost 2yrs.

Next......... :coffee:

edit. Or, in your case....owned.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Then I'm in good company, because yours has never mattered either.

Owned :salute:

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Gee....

..you mean that's why denver won 1 game and the faiduhs won the other?? :confused:

That's just like saying...

Well, the 5-11 Raiders and the 8-8 Broncos split their games last season... but the Broncos wound up winning the Super Bowl.

BUT since they split their games, they are pretty much equal. :eek:

Look at the BIG picture.

Overall as the team, who is better?

Overall as the team, who has more problems?

Overall as the team, who is heading forward compared to moving backwards?

LoyalSoldier
04-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Unlike you, who's accumulated almost as many posts in 2+mo's as I have in almost 2yrs.

Not an excuse. the 20+ posts of less than a paragraph is a little excessive

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Not an excuse. the 20+ posts of less than a paragraph is a little excessive

It almost reminds me of a little kid DYING to get attention, as he jumps up and down screaming "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM", as she's TRYING to order some drugs to shut that kid up.

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
It almost reminds me of a little kid DYING to get attention, as he jumps up and down screaming "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM", as she's TRYING to order some drugs to shut that kid up.

Riddlin........does wonders.

Watchthemiddle
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM

owned...

KCL
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM

BFD...Is that against the CoC? :coffee:

Peerless
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Damn GL47. Almost 40 post's per day? :lol: Get a ******* life! LOL

getlynched47
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Damn GL47. Almost 40 post's per day? :lol: Get a ******* life! LOL

I'm "preparing" for finals, which is in two weeks.

Overtime
04-16-2009, 08:18 PM
I really don't care what some reporter thinks, most reporters are usually wrong when it comes to predictions. i take this article and this yapper's predictions with a grain of salt.

underrated29
04-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Awwww....I see....

Unless the qb snaps to himself, blocks for himself, passes the ball to himself, he did NOT "accomplish that".

But I assure you...he DID have a hand in losing games with his pisspoor decision making.

Then how the hell is he supposed to win the games by himself like you said he should?

Come on RC- you cant play both sides here. He either won the games by himself or won the games as a team. Or lost the games by himself or lost them as a team.

But he DID NOT win the games as a team and lose the games by himself. I know you know better than that.

You have got to call it both ways here.

underrated29
04-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Interesting.....
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=629042&postcount=184
other than putting words into my mouth, juggling them up, and taking from them what you want to hear, you've made exactly zero sense.

so the qb has no input into whether or not a team wins or loses?

he snaps to himself/blocks for himself/catches his own passes?

wow

By your splitting into 2 groups, you've separated the qb from the rest of the team. That'd be an interesting game, to say the least. :coffee:

Then what does this say --v--??

...or playing defense.

I suppose i took a page right out of your book, then didnt I?

Awwww....I see....

NO i am not wrong. I didnt make up the scores of those games, or the way jay played to get the W. I had no hand in it in any manner. (even though i think i do with game day rituals:salute:). Jay won those games for the team. I can re list them if you want. But they happened and are documented. I just simply remembered them happening.

So...........

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
First of all you are on a posting frenzy. There was a whole page of your posts. Seriously....

At any rate, no Cutler wasn't the only factor in some of our wins, but he was still the largest factor. The defense in the Browns game was only doing a death roll the whole game. We didn't have a consistent rushing attack all game with the exception of Hillis coming in and getting that key 4th down so really the only thing working for us was the passing game.

Football is a team game, but not all positions are created equal.

when we win, anyway. but when we lose, it's everyone except the QB's fault...apparently.

but if we're all in agreement that the best team wins the Superbowl, not the best QB, why all the hubbab over changing QBs and adding three early picks?

underrated29
04-16-2009, 08:50 PM
when we win, anyway. but when we lose, it's everyone except the QB's fault...apparently.

but if we're all in agreement that the best team wins the Superbowl, not the best QB, why all the hubbab over changing QBs and adding three early picks?

I think the big deal is we had one side of the ball inplace. With some real good talented players. And defense was pretty much all that we needed to take care of. Then we downgrade our Qb position for a game of chance with draft picks....

If we can nab some solid starters with the draft that stick and play, then it would have been a good trade for the team. but right now in the short term we have downgraded one of our strengths as could be the most important position on the team for 3 unknowns. 4 if you count kyle. But i dont.

Thats why all the fuss is here imo. I think once the draft rolls around, and people see that we draft some nice pieces ( I pray) they will forget about it all together.

bcbronc
04-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Thats why all the fuss is here imo. I think once the draft rolls around, and people see that we draft some nice pieces ( I pray) they will forget about it all together.

pray it be so!!

rcsodak
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
That's just like saying...

Well, the 5-11 Raiders and the 8-8 Broncos split their games last season... but the Broncos wound up winning the Super Bowl.

BUT since they split their games, they are pretty much equal. :eek:

Look at the BIG picture.

Overall as the team, who is better?

Overall as the team, who has more problems?

Overall as the team, who is heading forward compared to moving backwards?
I don't know which team is better, has more problems, and is moving forwards/backwards.

Do you?

Ravage!!!
04-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Why? H ow many teams in the past 20 years have won a Super Bowl without having a franchise quality QB?

If you want a GOOD chance at winning the Super Bowl.. you don't get rid of the position that INCREASES your odds DRAMATICALLY. You don't 'hope and pray' you can build a defense to make up for the lack of QB.