PDA

View Full Version : You just can't make this kind of stuff up! LOL! -- MERGED

dogfish
03-22-2012, 06:56 PM
****in classic. . . :woot:

Is there anyone who hasn’t weighed in on the recent Tim Tebow/Peyton Manning news? Even television evangelist Pat Robertson chimed in with his take. If Peyton Manning happens to get injured, he said, “it would serve them right,” — for treating Tebow (a devout Christian) so “shabbily.”

Robertson cited bad karma: “And you just ask yourself, okay, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pat-robertson-broncos-deserve-peyton-manning-injury-for-treating-tim-tebow-shabbily/

man, i hope that's a journalistic liberty, and ol' patsy's not actually citing karma-- 'cuz if so, bubba got some 'splaining to do. . . .

slim
03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Tim is the only player in NFL history to be traded.

SoCalImport
03-22-2012, 07:02 PM

also the only devout Christian.....ever

wayninja
03-22-2012, 07:04 PM
:tsk:

topscribe
03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
“I think the Denver Broncos treated him shabbily,” Robertson said, via Mediaite.com. “He won seven games, he brought them into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory. And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he’s been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right.”
More . . . http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/pat-robertson-a-peyton-manning-injury-would-serve-the-broncos-right/

Can you believe this guy? Pat Robertson, the Evangelist turned Football Analyst, publicly proclaiming that Tim was done wrong. I guess, since Tim is a "born again" Christian, the Broncos should have forgotten about trying to put the best players they can on the field and given Tim special consideration.

That has got to be it. After all, I don't remember a peep from Robertson when the Broncos so callously drafted Tommy Maddox, or when they supplanted Bubby Brister, or when they so unceremoniously jettisoned Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and, yes, Kyle Orton.

Maybe I just need to repent so I can develop the right attitude toward this . . .

WTE
03-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh Tops. You're getting old and slow.

Just like Peyton!

slim
03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Pat is clearly in tune with the NFL.

I will be surprised if someone doesn't offer him a FO position.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Unbelievable - and the circus continues. He may want to worry more about what Tim might think when every other word Ryan uses in the locker room, in practice, or on the sidelines, has to be beeped.

BroncoWave
03-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Unbelievable - and the circus continues. He may want to worry more about what Tim might think when every other word Ryan uses in the locker room, in practice, or on the sidelines, has to be beeped.

I've seen multiple reports that have said John Fox is every bit the pottymouth that Rex Ryan is.

slim
03-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty sure 99% of the coaches in the NFL swear like sailors.

topscribe
03-22-2012, 07:16 PM
When hypocrisy is involved, you never know what is going to worry one . . .

I've seen multiple reports that have said John Fox is every bit the pottymouth that Rex Ryan is.
:lol: I wouldn't doubt it. Maybe that's where Tebow got the idea that it takes place in every locker room . . .

BroncoWave
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure 99% of the coaches in the NFL swear like sailors.

Maybe 100% now that Tony Dungy is out of coaching.

WTE
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Tim Tebow needs a Chinese coach because they never swear.

topscribe
03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Tim Tebow needs a Chinese coach because they never swear.
Oh, I'm sure they can swear. You just never know what they're saying, even when they're trying to speak English . . .

Softskull
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
I love Tebow but wont miss him if the freak show follows him to NY.

HammeredOut
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Why does Pat Robertson want an injury on Manning??

Tim Tebow isn't even American... The boy is phillipino, and born in the Phillipines. As we would say... "It is un-American" of Pat Robertson to say such a thing... Who cares if Tebow gets traded, players get traded and it happens all the time.

WTE
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Oh, I'm sure they can swear. You just never know what they're saying, even when they're trying to speak English . . .

Tops, do you think this woman is sexy?

http://youtu.be/JGNXdVtkEi4

claymore
03-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Tops, do you think this woman is sexy?

http://youtu.be/JGNXdVtkEi4

Damn, tops gonna get dehydrated whackin to that asian lady.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Who the **** is Pat Robertson?.......

camdisco24
03-22-2012, 07:59 PM
So we would be served right if one of our players goes down with an injury?

Hmmm, not a very Christian way of thinking if you ask me. Good going Mr. Robertson.

topscribe
03-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Damn, tops gonna get dehydrated whackin to that asian lady.
You should talk, Clay. She's prettier than my goat . . .

topscribe
03-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Why does Pat Robertson want an injury on Manning??

Tim Tebow isn't even American... The boy is phillipino, and born in the Phillipines. As we would say... "It is un-American" of Pat Robertson to say such a thing... Who cares if Tebow gets traded, players get traded and it happens all the time.
I want to make a play on this so badly . . .

Can we get this moved to Politics?

chazoe60
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey Pat, ****! Mkay, thanks you old twit.

CoachChaz
03-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I love Christians

chazoe60
03-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I love Christians

And they love you. Unless they want you to get injured as payback for taking one of their buddies jobs.

igoe4broncos
03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
He's like an older version of Skip Bayless.

Medford Bronco
03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Nice way to promote God. This is a fraud.

Medford Bronco
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM

lol its not like Joe Montana or someone that is a HOFer has been traded. oh wait....

Shazam!
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Umm, he's right....

Nomad
03-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Pat Robertson is one of many who hide behind Christianity to make his millions.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Confirming that he is a moron. What a real piece of...

Peyton Manning is every bit of the spiritual man Tebow is.

I'll stop there, or I'll get in trouble.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Umm, he's right....

And...you've jumped the shark.

And that's being nice.

Nomad
03-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Other than this bit of drama.......there seems to be an overall calm in BRONCOland.

CrazyHorse
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Religious zealots are part of the Tebow fanbase that I could do without.

Dzone
03-22-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL>..You gotta be kidding me...
I love Tim Tebow , but self righteous idiots like Pat Robertson will burn in hell and it serves him right

701Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:49 PM
God did us wrong by creating Pat Robertson. I feel bad for Tebow, getting followed by all this fawking idiots. A "nothing team" my ass, this guy is most likely a closet pedophile.

Northman
03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
So we would be served right if one of our players goes down with an injury?

Hmmm, not a very Christian way of thinking if you ask me. Good going Mr. Robertson.

Mr. Robertson- Everything that is wrong with christians.

Tim Tebow- Everything that is right with christians.

Looks like the older guy should take a cue from the youngin'.

pnbronco
03-22-2012, 09:56 PM
also the only devout Christian.....ever

It's not like we didn't sign up Quinn again right away that's a football player and a Christian....oh wait.

Are there posters out there that still wonder why we could not keep Tim.....yikes....:shocked:

Your right Dog...can't make this stuff up.....

camdisco24
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Mr. Robertson- Everything that is wrong with christians.

Tim Tebow- Everything that is right with christians.

Looks like the older guy should take a cue from the youngin'.

Amen to that.

broncobryce
03-22-2012, 09:57 PM
He's dead wrong. We weren't a nothing team. We were a 1-4 team. So almost nothing.

Broncos Mtnman
03-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Pat Robertson makes me embarrassed to call myself a Christian. To my Bronco brethren, please know that the zealots who worship Timmy in the name of Christ are NOT a reflection of most Christians in the world.

On behalf of my faith and my beloved Broncos, I ask your forgiveness.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 10:06 PM
He's dead wrong. We weren't a nothing team. We were a 1-4 team. So almost nothing.

Not that I'm surprised...

Condoning injury on a player who leads the team you supposedly root for, is pretty much despicable.

topscribe
03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
He's like an older version of Skip Bayless.
Nah. I don't think even Robertson is that bad . . .

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Tebow was treated shabbily, whatever that means. But to wish injury on Peyton Manning seems very un Christian.

OrangeHoof
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I must say I have this mental image of Tim Tebow leading the Jets to a Lombardi Trophy ceremony on 3-for-14 passing while Peyton Manning is laid up in traction somewhere.

topscribe
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Tebow was treated shabbily, whatever that means. But to wish injury on Peyton Manning seems very un Christian.
See, this is what I don't understand. The Broncos saw the chance to upgrade a position -- the most important position on the team -- and they upgraded it. Why? Because they are a football team! Their objective is to win games! So this constituted treating Tebow shabbily? I just don't get it . . . :confused:

Simple Jaded
03-22-2012, 11:28 PM
The Broncos replaced the worst passer in the league with a HoF QB, how is that somehow mistreating Tebow?.......

Foochacho
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I think this guy has been trolling Jet forums.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Who the **** is Pat Robertson?.......

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pat+robertson

Broncos Mtnman
03-23-2012, 12:18 AM

It doesn't bother Timmy. In fact, he says Ryan is what made him want the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/tim-tebow-i-wanted-to-play-for-rex-ryan-when-i-saw-hard-knocks/related/

Joel
03-23-2012, 07:41 AM
What do you expect from a guy more showman than priest in the first place? Robertson's followed in his Congressman-fathers footsteps, but chose religion as his path to power only because he couldn't pass the bar exam. He and others like him have practically reduced the Southern Baptist Convention to a PAC dabbling in religion, incidentally purging nearly every priest and layman who didn't share their politics. That and firing Bum Phillips rank as the two most shameful things that happened in Houston in 1979. :tsk:

It's pathetic so many people try to make supporting Tebows PLAY some kind of sports shibboleth, but that's Robertson's MO. Nearly all NFL players and coaches are politically conservative and religiously Christian; if it were persecution every time one traded another it would be the greatest atheltic martyrdom since the days of Nero and Marcus Aurelius. :rolleyes: Trading Tebow isn't about athletics or even Christianity to Robertson: It's another fight to pick with his chosen political foes. If he spent more time on exegesis and less on stump speeches maybe he wouldn't explain Midwest tornadoes (and every disaster) as the wrath of God.

claymore
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
The Broncos replaced the worst passer in the league with a HoF QB, how is that somehow mistreating Tebow?.......

No shit. I think Tebow was handled with kid gloves. If he has anything sassy to say he is a BIATCH!!1

Peyton_To_Denver
03-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Pat robertson is a joke probably knows nothing about peyton manning. Maybe his evangelist job is running thin so he's now trying to impress the NFL and so now he's attacking peyton manning and the denver broncos.... JEERRKK

Chef Zambini
03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Maybe 100% now that Tony Dungy is out of coaching.other than tony, George allen is the only NFL coach known for never uttering a swear word.
oh, and FTR, to be a "born again" christian, the implication is that one lost their religion and then found it later in life.
I dont think the term 'born again" applies to Timmy, he has always been devout in his religious beliefs.
The best thing about TT is his community service and philanthropy.
the second best thing about TT is that he is no longer a bronco.
to tim I say good luck and best wishes.
to his football mindless zealots, I say good riddense.

TXBRONC
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pat-robertson-broncos-deserve-peyton-manning-injury-for-treating-tim-tebow-shabbily/

man, i hope that's a journalistic liberty, and ol' patsy's not actually citing karma-- 'cuz if so, bubba got some 'splaining to do. . . .

If that's what he truly believes that's very poor understanding of the Bible.

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
I just saluted zam. I feel dirty.

PatriotsGuy
03-23-2012, 09:37 AM
I would comment but I'm too much of a Christian to.

The Glue Factory
03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
to be a "born again" christian, the implication is that one lost their religion and then found it later in life.
I dont think the term 'born again" applies to Timmy, he has always been devout in his religious beliefs.

Actually no. The term born again refers to someone converting to Christianity regardless of what happens thereafter. It comes from a conversation Jesus and Nicodemas have regarding the requirements for receiving eternal life. Regarless, Robertson is a frelling moron speaking out of the hole at the other end of his body on this (and a great many other Christian things.) I wish he'd stop making me look so bad to others.

Peyton_To_Denver
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM
If you have a twitter acount let's all go to @700club and bombard them and send pat robertson ugly comments let's teach him how to mess with the broncos and peyton manning

kcvet
03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
pretty obvious why he supports Tebow. but he should know G-O-D cud care less about N-F-L and wishing an injury is way over the line. its not the first time he's popped off and and made his follower's angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W37-rS4KqCU

topscribe
03-23-2012, 11:06 AM
No shit. I think Tebow was handled with kid gloves. If he has anything sassy to say he is a BIATCH!!1
That wouldn't be Tim's style.

It's his lemmings, and idiots such as Pat Roberston and Skip Bayless, who are mouthing off about it . . .

slim
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
oh, and FTR, to be a "born again" christian, the implication is that one lost their religion and then found it later in life.

Yeah, that isn't really what it means.

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
If you have a twitter acount let's all go to @700club and bombard them and send pat robertson ugly comments let's teach him how to mess with the broncos and peyton manning

Oh good lord, no. That's what the Tebow zealots would do.

vandammage13
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Oh good lord, no. That's what the Tebow zealots would do.

And apparently Mann-lovers too.

nevcraw
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
You all spend a lot of time talking about someone you were as please as punch to get rid of..

Peyton_To_Denver
03-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Doesn't really matter to me.. all I know is pat robertson is a joke.... he's getting angry treatment by fans on twitter through the 700 club.. I am. enjoying every second of it

blamkin86
03-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I just can't imagine why anyone would ever listen to this guy... much less send him money.

"It may be a blessing in disguise. ... Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal. Ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other." –Pat Robertson, on the earthquake in Haiti that destroyed the capital and killed tens of thousands of people, Jan. 13, 2010

The Glue Factory
03-23-2012, 01:39 PM
His theology is suspicious at best, but his statements did not say he wanted Manning to get injured; just that if Manning was injured it would "serve" the Broncos right. Sorry Pat, but the earthquake in Haiti likely had little to do with the spiritual condition of the country and Manning getting injured would have even less cause from spiritual sources.

Cugel
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM

This is typical of the Evangelical right-wingers. Are there any televangelists who aren't corrupt self-serving trolls? :coffee:

They think they have a perfect right to tell everybody how to behave. And then periodically you read in the news that while they were busy judging others they are boffing choir girls (or alter boys) right and left or spent great wads of cash on call girls and booze.

Pat is just a sanctimonious clown who puts his foot in his mouth whenever he opens it.

Cugel
03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
"It may be a blessing in disguise. ... Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal. Ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other." –Pat Robertson, on the earthquake in Haiti that destroyed the capital and killed tens of thousands of people, Jan. 13, 2010

Is there anything anyone can say about someone who would make a comment like that, gloating over the victims of a natural disaster, except that they are purely evil? :tsk:

BronColt
03-24-2012, 09:14 AM
http://ihatelupica.blogspot.com/2012/03/pat-robertson-manning-injury-would-be.html?m=1

Haters gonna hate!

Superchop 7
03-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I heard Rush Limbaugh was calling Peyton a man~whore! Seriously Pat.....you talk that crap! Dont be surprised if Karma makes a visit.

Canmore
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I heard Rush Limbaugh was calling Peyton a man~whore! Seriously Pat.....you talk that crap! Dont be surprised if Karma makes a visit.

So Christian, lol.

Dean
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM
More . . . http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/pat-robertson-a-peyton-manning-injury-would-serve-the-broncos-right/

Can you believe this guy? Pat Robertson, the Evangelist turned Football Analyst, publicly proclaiming that Tim was done wrong. I guess, since Tim is a "born again" Christian, the Broncos should have forgotten about trying to put the best players they can on the field and given Tim special consideration.

That has got to be it. After all, I don't remember a peep from Robertson when the Broncos so callously drafted Tommy Maddox, or when they supplanted Bubby Brister, or when they so unceremoniously jettisoned Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and, yes, Kyle Orton.

Maybe I just need to repent so I can develop the right attitude toward this . . .

If you intend to make big money shearing sheep, you choose the easiest to handle cutting as broad a swath as possible and leave the more difficult for the other guy.

Tned
03-25-2012, 01:14 PM

Yes, Lindsay jones said Fox drops f-bombs like crazy.

Nomad
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes, Lindsay jones said Fox drops f-bombs like crazy.

We should get Bobby Knight as the BRONCOS life coach.:D

topscribe
03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
We should get Bobby Knight as the BRONCOS life coach.:D
:faint:

FanInAZ
03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
pretty obvious why he supports Tebow. but he should know G-O-D cud care less about N-F-L and wishing an injury is way over the line. its not the first time he's popped off and and made his follower's angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W37-rS4KqCU

There's no mention about Manning, or threats of divine wrath falling upon him or the Broncos. PR simply voicing his option about the spiritual state of America & the TT is part of the solution. Although I believe that many of my fellow Christians embellish the "persecution" that we face here in America, the fact that "Right Wing Watch.org" used this clip as a means of "exposing" PR as someone who views should be opposed, validate PR's claims about the anti-Christian bigotry in this country.