PDA

View Full Version : Heres the deal

Superchop 7
03-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Quit bagging on Tebow. I actually enjoyed last year, I think we taught the league a thing or two. But.....I think John wants to hold up a trophy and say "This ones for Pat"......so.....I am behind the organization for that. It's all in time in Denver.......watch out NFL.

aberdien
03-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I know a guy who says he used to have Tebow as a friend on myspace and he used to post bulletins in ALL CAPS and use horrible grammar and repost those "If you don't repost this you're going to die" things.

SR
03-23-2012, 09:47 PM
That's some bullshit. All caps? For real? Thats some real amateur crap.

Northman
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Quit bagging on Tebow. I actually enjoyed last year, I think we taught the league a thing or two. But.....I think John wants to hold up a trophy and say "This ones for Pat"......so.....I am behind the organization for that. It's all in time in Denver.......watch out NFL.

I think the bagging will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how good Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I cant think of anyone on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the bagging is simply in response to the over glorification of Tebow's impact.

cmc0605
03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Really, there's no point in discussing Tebow anymore. No amount of whining, praising, bashing, or criticizing on the forums/blogs is suddenly going to make John Elway reconsider his position and make him a Bronco again. The simple fact is that Tebow was a risky project, one that required a radically different offense around him to work right, and they chose not to gamble on him anymore. Peyton is a far better QB, and while he's an injury gamble, I can assure you that the medical staff/coaches did their homework on risk assessment. It might not work out. There's going to be people in many camps with the "I told you so" game regardless of how Manning works out (if he gets hurt, if he wins 14 games but comes short of the SB, or if he wins the SB, etc).

We can all wish Tebow luck. He's a great guy, and I hope he is successful in New York. He brings a dimension to an offense with his legs that you don't get with most QBs, but Manning brings an aspect with his mind/arm that you don't get with most QBs. But Tebow is not a Bronco anymore. No one went into crazy mode when they ditched Brian Griese or Jake Plummer, and there's no evidence Tebow was going to be any more effective than those people. He could be, but it's far from self-evident. It's also a fact that Tebow had many up moments and many down moments last year, just like with most QBs. Somehow, depending on who you ask, one of those elements will always be forgotten with Tebow and the other exaggerated.

aberdien
03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
That's some bullshit. All caps? For real? Thats some real amateur crap.

What a gaywad, amirite?

Seriously though, I want to buy a Tebow jersey. He gave Denver some refreshment.

slim
03-23-2012, 10:35 PM
What a gaywad, amirite?

Seriously though, I want to buy a Tebow jersey. He gave Denver some refreshment.

Now would probably be a good time to buy one :listen:

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Leave Timmy alone!

wayninja
03-23-2012, 11:26 PM
I think the praising will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how bad Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I can think of people on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the praising is simply in response to the under appreciation of Tebow's impact.

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I think the praising will stop when the whining and over exaggeration of how bad Tebow is stops. It all kiind of goes hand in hand at his point. I can think of people on this board who didnt like what happened last year but keeping it in perspective seems to upset people. A lot of the praising is simply in response to the under appreciation of Tebow's impact.

Nah. It was that bad. It was REALLY bad. Epically bad. I know you just don't get that....

Winning was cool. But no one in the history of the NFL has won with that bad of a quarterback. That's fact.

I wouldn't expect a repeat and obviously Elway did not expect one either. That's why he's gone.

aberdien
03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Now would probably be a good time to buy one :listen:

There were some I saw on ebay for 50 bucks. but I just spent 100 bucks on crap I don't need today so I gotta hold back. Sorry Timmy.

PAINTERDAVE
03-24-2012, 02:49 AM
I know a guy who says he used to have Tebow as a friend on myspace and he used to post bulletins in ALL CAPS and use horrible grammar and repost those "If you don't repost this you're going to die" things.

Tim is on my face book page.
He only ever posted articulate, thoughtful, inspiring, hopeful posts... sometimes a bible verse.
I've never seen a mispelled word or any of the crap you attribute to him.

Just more dishonest rumour mongering... in a thread asking to end this kind of crap now that the "Tebow Era" is over.

Nice. Real classy.

Northman
03-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Tim is on my face book page.
He only ever posted articulate, thoughtful, inspiring, hopeful posts... sometimes a bible verse.
I've never seen a mispelled word or any of the crap you attribute to him.

Just more dishonest rumour mongering... in a thread asking to end this kind of crap now that the "Tebow Era" is over.

Nice. Real classy.

Aberdien didnt say it was him but someone he knew.

Justincredible
03-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Really, there's no point in discussing Tebow anymore. No amount of whining, praising, bashing, or criticizing on the forums/blogs is suddenly going to make John Elway reconsider his position and make him a Bronco again. The simple fact is that Tebow was a risky project, one that required a radically different offense around him to work right, and they chose not to gamble on him anymore. Peyton is a far better QB, and while he's an injury gamble, I can assure you that the medical staff/coaches did their homework on risk assessment. It might not work out. There's going to be people in many camps with the "I told you so" game regardless of how Manning works out (if he gets hurt, if he wins 14 games but comes short of the SB, or if he wins the SB, etc).

We can all wish Tebow luck. He's a great guy, and I hope he is successful in New York. He brings a dimension to an offense with his legs that you don't get with most QBs, but Manning brings an aspect with his mind/arm that you don't get with most QBs. But Tebow is not a Bronco anymore. No one went into crazy mode when they ditched Brian Griese or Jake Plummer, and there's no evidence Tebow was going to be any more effective than those people. He could be, but it's far from self-evident. It's also a fact that Tebow had many up moments and many down moments last year, just like with most QBs. Somehow, depending on who you ask, one of those elements will always be forgotten with Tebow and the other exaggerated.

No one got crazy when Plummer left cause he sucked, but I agree with what you say. Most people just won't break it down the same way. Even thought it makes complete sense:)