PDA

View Full Version : Better tune into The Herd on ESPN

Northman
03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Colin apparently has some "info" about some of the Denver players who have problems with Tebow THE PERSON. Not as a player. Maybe some of this had to do with his outing in Denver.

chazoe60
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Leave it to Cowturd.

Let's just move on.

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Leave it to Cowturd.

Let's just move on.

Moving on isnt a problem, but if there are some things that lead to being part of the reason Tebow got shipped i want to hear it. Especially since a bunch of little girls have been crying about wanting to keep him.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Colin apparently has some "info" about some of the Denver players who have problems with Tebow THE PERSON. Not as a player. Maybe some of this had to do with his outing in Denver.

Please....

Cowherd is over the top...Maybe there were some that didn't like Teebs, you can't please everyone, but that says more about the individual that had the problem than Tebow.

My guess is the ones that had a problem with him were in the Orton camp or were just simply jealous of the attention Tim recieved.

True pros like BDawk had nothing but good things to say about Tim, so if Tim can win the respect of a pro like that, then he must be doing something right.

NightTrainLayne
03-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Every player on every team has a few guys that don't like him for one reason or another.

CrazyHorse
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
He's a locker room cancer!!!

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Colin is stating that Tebow is considered a attention hog and while the Jaguars offered a 4th rounder that was 7 picks higher than the Jets he says his source told him that Tebow WANTED to go to NY. Interesting bit but not near as juicy as i thought it would be.

claymore
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Post cliff notes if possible.

chazoe60
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
I can almost guarantee that it's about Tebow being an attention whore blah blah blah.

Cowturd has a personal hatred for Tebow that is very easy to see. If ten teammates had great things to say about Tim and one guy had something bad to say Cowturd would report the one bad thing and ignore the good stuff.

claymore
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Colin is stating that Tebow is considered a attention hog and while the Jaguars offered a 4th rounder that was 7 picks higher than the Jets he says his source told him that Tebow WANTED to go to NY. Interesting bit but not near as juicy as i thought it would be.

We've heard that before. The attention hog stuff. Not shocking.

silkamilkamonico
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Wow. Mind blwoing. Attention hogs calling another player an attention hog. The horror and disgrace of it all. Do we call Tebow a fraud now?

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:09 AM
I can almost guarantee that it's about Tebow being an attention whore blah blah blah.

Cowturd has a personal hatred for Tebow that is very easy to see. If ten teammates had great things to say about Tim and one guy had something bad to say Cowturd would report the one bad thing and ignore the good stuff.

Actually, I disagree. I dont think Colin is anywhere near as bad as Hoge. Ive heard Colin say a lot of the same things ive stated on here which are just plain truths.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM

Schefter reported that Tim had a say in where he wanted to do, and Schefter reported that Tim didn't feel the Jaguars wanted him as much as NY did. So according to Schefter, Tim DID choose the NYJ over Jacksonville.

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
We've heard that before. The attention hog stuff. Not shocking.

Hey, i started the thread before he came back on. I thought it would be something more. lol

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 10:11 AM

I don't know what to believe on this...Tebow said he didn't have much say, but Schefter is reporting that Tebow decided to go with the Jets over the Jags because he felt the FO was acquiring him for the right reasons.

I think Tebow was given a choice by EFX (classy move IMO) and ultimately chose the Jets for non-football reasons. It is no secret that Tim's goal is to use football as a platform to spread the message of the gospel, and what better place to do that than in the biggest platform of them all, NY...

If Tebow's goal is to reach the masses, I believe he made the right decision...If his goal is to be a starter in the NFL and be a hero to his home state, I believe he should have chosen the Jags....Tebow's already a hero in FL though, so there's not much more he can do to increase his prestige there.

Northman
Schefter reported that Tim had a say in where he wanted to do, and Schefter reported that Tim didn't feel the Jaguars wanted him as much as NY did. So according to Schefter, Tim DID choose the NYJ over Jacksonville.

Indeed. But wasnt it just a day or so ago some idiots on this board were claiming Elway didnt want Tebow to go home? lmao

TXBRONC
Not everyone is going to like us. That's life. I do remember Paige mentioning there were player that still supported Orton or course not all of them flip flopping dorks like Brandon Lloyd.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM

He doesn't hate Tebow. He has a radio show to do. I know you see the response that comes the moment you say something that isn't "positive" about Tim...it gets a HUGE response. He's said time and time and time again that he believes Tim Tebow to be a GREAT guy, a genuine guy, but as a QB he isn't his cup-o-tea. He just doesn't think Tim is a good QB.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Indeed. But wasnt it just a day or so ago some idiots on this board were claiming Elway didnt want Tebow to go home? lmao

Oh yeah.. Bullgator and vandy. They believe that Elway is threatened by the success that Tebow might have, thus "shipping" him out to NY instead of Jax. I wonder what their explanation will be about Tim choosing NY over Jax and that Elway simply helped him go where he wanted to go? "Elway hypnotized Tim into believing he wanted to go to NY."

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah.. Bullgator and vandy. They believe that Elway is threatened by the success that Tebow might have, thus "shipping" him out to NY instead of Jax. I wonder what their explanation will be about Tim choosing NY over Jax and that Elway simply helped him go where he wanted to go? "Elway hypnotized Tim into believing he wanted to go to NY."

Vandy?...go back and check the thread on that bro...I was on the record of discounting Bull's theory and we actually got into a brief spat over it.

Mike
03-22-2012, 10:23 AM

I had a co-worker made the claim that Elway was worried about Tebow overshadowing his legacy and breaking his records, and that was why he shipped him out. So Elway brings in one of the arguably best QBs of all time to replace him. Brilliant.

I liked Tebow. Still do. Hope he does well...as long as it isn't against Denver. But Elway knows what he is looking for. If he, as the GM, doesn't feel that Tebow is what he wants then he was right to move him. Time will tell if his vision will pay off.

I am just looking forward to getting to a place where the drama is turned down 10 notches or so.

Thnikkaman
I heard that Tebow's charity work was all a front for a cocaine smuggling ring. TT the drug lord.

Man you guys gossip more than fans of the Bachelor or Jersey Shore. Furthermore, I don't know how you can stand to listen to more than 15 seconds of Cowherd repeating the same idea over and over again.

Slick
I guess I am a little girl.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I guess I am a little girl.

I think we might need to take this discussion to the Lounge, and life-coach Beef can help you out.

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
But Elway knows what he is looking for. If he, as the GM, doesn't feel that Tebow is what he wants then he was right to move him. Time will tell if his vision will pay off.

Exactly.

Slick
03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
I think we might need to take this discussion to the Lounge, and life-coach Beef can help you out.

LOL. Now that I am a little girl, I want to go home and play with myself.

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

More info than we needed.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

This is deep.

TXBRONC
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM

Actually, I disagree. I don't think Colin is anywhere near as bad as Hoge. Ive heard Colin say a lot of the same things ive stated on here which are just plain truths.

I agree with North on this Chazoe. Cowherd nowhere near as venomous as Hoge. If there is "gold standard" for being a horse's ass Hoge is it. I'm not a big Cowherd fan but he has been consistent in views about Tebow even before he was draft. Cowherd can be irrating imo but he's not vindictive like Hoge.

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree with North on this Chazoe. Cowherd nowhere near as venomous as Hoge. If there is "gold standard" for being a horse's ass Hoge is it. I'm not a big Cowherd fan but he has been consistent in views about Tebow even before he was draft. Cowherd can be irrating imo but he's not vindictive like Hoge.

Ive heard Colin time and time again say Tebow is a great kid, leader, and special package player. He just doesnt think he is a very good Quarterback and wont be which is basically my same sentiment. But he has never (that ive heard) butcher Tebow other than criticize his mechanics, etc.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
This is deep.

so are his fingers, apparently.

Thnikkaman
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
This is deep.

so are his fingers, apparently.

Another happy customer.

BroncoStud
03-22-2012, 10:42 AM
I usually disagree with Cowherd. I don't like his show or his voice - total annoyance. I guess it just comes down to taste. I'm sure there are people in the locker room that didn't like Tim. I'm sure there are people in every locker room that won't like Tim. I'm sure there are people right now in the Denver locker room that you or I couldn't have a political discussion with because they lack the intelligence to do so. I'm sure there are people in most locker rooms that beat up their women, sell weed, have abnormal personalities, are *********, hate Christians, are racist, are stupid, are immature, are jealous, are envious that media doesn't follow them around... There are all types of jackasses all over this world. So Cowherd is probably right, there were likely a few people in the Denver locker room who resented Tebow. I'm sure there were a few who resented Elway when he was a young phenom coming out of Stanford, as well.

claymore
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey, i started the thread before he came back on. I thought it would be something more. lol

I was just hoping there were some more tidbits. I wasnt trying to be and ass if it came across that way.

I can see how Tebow would get extremley irritating. When the jets start losing, the poop is going to hit the fan.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Tebow will be on Broadway soon. New York is the media capital of the world.....and Time plans to take advantage of every opportunity that comes his way. What could Poor Azz Jacksonville the city offer Tim? NA-DA.

It was a smart business move to sign with the Jets and Tim if he plays his cards right can further exploit the QB instability the Jets have with Sanchez!!

I expect Rex Ryan to possible use Tebow in 3rd down goal line situations to hopefully increase the Jets scoring chances. The scenario will be "Sanchez drives the Jets from the 20 down to inside the 10, and the Rex's pulls Sanchez (which will piss off Mark) in favor of Tebow has a 67% success rate with scoring inside 5. Don't know how that scenario will go over; but Rex won't care he's got to win games in 2012, go deep into the playoffs or even go to the SB to save his job. Tebow will relish these typed of opportunities inside the red zone and so long as the Jets score TD's the fans will go crazy with joy. Meanwhile Rex and Tebow get to hide how bad Tebow is between the 20 yard lines.

Tebow scores the TD's inside the red zone. Sanchez marches the Jets down the field to get to the red zone. If turns out that the Jets are winning games the fans and the Jet players shouldn't complain one IOTA!

Northman
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I usually disagree with Cowherd. I don't like his show or his voice - total annoyance. I guess it just comes down to taste. I'm sure there are people in the locker room that didn't like Tim. I'm sure there are people in every locker room that won't like Tim. I'm sure there are people right now in the Denver locker room that you or I couldn't have a political discussion with because they lack the intelligence to do so. I'm sure there are people in most locker rooms that beat up their women, sell weed, have abnormal personalities, are *********, hate Christians, are racist, are stupid, are immature, are jealous, are envious that media doesn't follow them around... There are all types of jackasses all over this world. So Cowherd is probably right, there were likely a few people in the Denver locker room who resented Tebow. I'm sure there were a few who resented Elway when he was a young phenom coming out of Stanford, as well.

I was just hoping there were some more tidbits. I wasnt trying to be and ass if it came across that way.

I can see how Tebow would get extremley irritating. When the jets start losing, the poop is going to hit the fan.

Well, to clarify Colin didnt really say there was any negativity by the comments of said players but only they said he was an attention hog and loved it. Which Colin said "who wouldnt". Initially when he prepped the segment he made it sound like there was going to be some negative things about his character or something to that effect so that is why i got interested. But out of all of that the only thing that was surprising to me was the choice to go to NY. So Stud is right, im sure no player is happy with every guy in the lockerroom but i dont think for the most part they had a real issue with Tim and only pointed out that the guy did love the attention he got.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Collin's 'teaser' before leaving for commercial made me sit in the car and listen so I wouldn't miss it.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Collin's 'teaser' before leaving for commercial made me sit in the car and listen so I wouldn't miss it.

Classic radio tactic...That's why his show is so popular. You might disagree with some of the things he says, but it is apparent he knows what he's doing.

dogfish
03-22-2012, 11:02 AM

i have no clue how you guys can listen to that doucheface-- ten seconds of it and i'd be ready to stab my own eyeballs out. . .

Northman
03-22-2012, 11:05 AM

i have no clue how you guys can listen to that doucheface-- ten seconds of it and i'd be ready to stab my own eyeballs out. . .

Maybe because he doesnt struggle with posting images?

GEM
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM

Nuh uh!!!! Bull said it was the front office trying to screw Tebow over, so that is what it is. Tebow didn't want to go to NY. Elway just put that out there secret service style through his mind drone Shefter to further turn people against Tebow!!!

TXBRONC
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Nuh uh!!!! Bull said it was the front office trying to screw Tebow over, so that is what it is. Tebow didn't want to go to NY. Elway just put that out there secret service style through his mind drone Shefter to further turn people against Tebow!!!

Obviously Elway was out to screw Tebow over. He didn't cheer hard enough for at games and all he ever did was criticize him in the press.

Btw I like your avatar it's very cute. ;)

Northman
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Obviously Elway was out screw Tebow over. He didn't cheer hard enough for at games and all he ever did was criticize him the press.

Btw I like your avatar it's very cute. ;)

That shit was hilarious in the regular season. ELWAY LOOKED PISSED!..........while raising his fists and smiling. lmao

sneakers
03-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Colin cowheard sucks so bad, I hate him. He is one of the people that when you see his face, you just want to go up and punch it.