PDA

View Full Version : Carucci: 10 Must-See Games in 2009

BroncoWave
04-14-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?campaign=ec0005&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true&id=09000d5d80fc462c

Just going to paste the ones having to do with the Broncos:

4. Patriots at Broncos

It's a first-time match between teacher, Patriots coach Bill Belichick, and student, former Pats offensive coordinator and new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. Here's the bad news for McDaniels: The two previous students who have faced Belichick, former New England defensive coordinators Eric Mangini and Romeo Crennel, combined for a 2-5 record against him while coaching the New York Jets and Cleveland Browns, respectively. Here's the worse news: Each lost his first game against Belichick.

7. Broncos-Chiefs

The big question looming before Denver and Kansas City's first meeting this coming season is how much of an advantage will Josh McDaniels have going against the quarterback he molded into a star last season, Matt Cassel. Look for McDaniels to spend a good deal of the week before the game discussing Cassel's tendencies and vulnerabilities with new Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.

9. Broncos at Eagles

Brian Dawkins, one of the most beloved players in Eagles history, returns to Philadelphia. And the hard-hitting safety is going to have a chance to put some licks on his former teammates. The crowd reaction will be interesting, to say the least. Expect Dawkins to hear his share of cheers from folks who were not at all happy that the Eagles let him get away. One of them is the former Lincoln Financial Field employee whom the Eagles fired because of his online criticism of the team for losing Dawkins, who plans to give the man his allotted two tickets for the game.

Nomad
04-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Doesn't the schedule come out tonight? And so far the only definite game that has a definite spot is the BRONCOS/Giants on Thanksgiving night??

BroncoWave
04-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Doesn't the schedule come out tonight? And so far the only definite game that has a definite spot is the BRONCOS/Giants on Thanksgiving night??

Yep, you would be correct. And it's also been reported that the Broncos will likely host Dallas in week 1. Not sure where the link is though.

DenBronx
04-14-2009, 03:01 PM
too bad were not playing the bears. that would be a fun one.

DenBronx
04-14-2009, 03:01 PM
dallas will also be one to watch.

DenBronx
04-14-2009, 03:05 PM
dont forget the giants vs denver on thanksgiving night.

i really hope we dont get embarrassed on prime time.

Watchthemiddle
04-14-2009, 03:07 PM
too bad were not playing the bears. that would be a fun one.

We are...its just that its a preseason game. However, its a 3rd week preseason game (if I'm not mistaken) and Cutty will probably be playing 3 quarters in that game. :D

DenBronx
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
We are...its just that its a preseason game. However, its a 3rd week preseason game (if I'm not mistaken) and Cutty will probably be playing 3 quarters in that game. :D

that will be just as good as watching a regular season game.

most likely orton will be too.

Watchthemiddle
04-14-2009, 03:14 PM
that will be just as good as watching a regular season game.

most likely orton will be too.

Ya....I am not sure it its here or there.

That should make it even more so if its here......all the boooooo's for Cutler will probably make him crumble.

ChampSB3233
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Broncos-Bears preseason game is the third preseason game and it's in Denver.

BroncoWave
04-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Broncos-Bears preseason game is the third preseason game and it's in Denver.

And it's on national TV.

I cannot wait to see the fans reaction when the player comes onto the field!

powderaddict
04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
We should all start a D-cell battery pool for the Bears pre-season game :laugh:

Not really. That would be mean.

We should just do 9-volts.

honz
04-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd boo Cutler as loud as I could if I were to go to the Bears/Broncos game. I hope my fellow fans do me proud.

G_Money
04-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd boo Cutler as loud as I could if I were to go to the Bears/Broncos game. I hope my fellow fans do me proud.

*laughs* Why? If you're happy he's gone, then cheer him playing for the Bears and being out of our hair so McDaniels can get a less-whiny QB to be a star for him.

If you wish he'd been our more-whiny, more-talented QB then you can cheer him and wish him well in his new gig.

There are players I dislike, even hate, but I don't waste my time booing them. Especially if they were Broncos I once liked. I just wish them well and hope we beat the crap outta em in every game that matters.

I think Cutler will be just fine without us, I hope we're even better without him, and I hope he never wins a game against us. Once players go to other teams my feelings about them get more general. I reserve my anger for players and coaches on my own team who are still screwing up our chances to win. Cutler no longer impacts that, except for a game every few years when we play him, so he's no longer my concern.

Just me, though. Anybody who wants to boo, feel free. Expressing your feelings in person is one reason you pay all that dough to go to the games. I haven't got the dough, so mine are expressed at home, at the TV - and hopefully without throwing objects. :lol:

~G

Watchthemiddle
04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
*laughs* Why? If you're happy he's gone, then cheer him playing for the Bears and being out of our hair so McDaniels can get a less-whiny QB to be a star for him.

If you wish he'd been our more-whiny, more-talented QB then you can cheer him and wish him well in his new gig.

There are players I dislike, even hate, but I don't waste my time booing them. Especially if they were Broncos I once liked. I just wish them well and hope we beat the crap outta em in every game that matters.

Just me, though. Anybody who wants to boo, feel free. Expressing your feelings in person is one reason you pay all that dough to go to the games. I haven't got the dough, so mine are expressed at home, at the TV - and hopefully without throwing objects. :lol:

~G

Why?

For those who were in love with Cutler "the player" need to boo Cutler "the person"

Meaning....if he really wanted to play for the fans that are in that stadium that night that used to worship him and still do, then he would be here.

He obviously DID NOT want to play for Bronco fans anymore or the Organization.

Therefore....if you worshiped him but now see the light you BOO him.

Cutler didn't and does not care for Denver. HE could care less about the fans or organization. If you heard his presser, his dream was to play for the Bears...or actually "this is a dream come true".

He does not like you, me, or mtn_man cheering for him. He wants "Da Bears" fan cheering for him. Always has, always will.

:coffee:

G_Money
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Eh. As Champ keeps saying, it's a business. We care about the Broncos more than the players do. They just want to play for someone - the label on the jersey doesn't matter as much to them as we'd like it to.

The only athlete I've ever detested for changing jerseys was A-Rod when he left Seattle, but it's because of the way he left and the disrespect after (things like cutting a video to try to lure Boeing's head office to Texas from Seattle. That's just not kosher).

Otherwise, I wish all Broncos I've liked well when they go. I wished Shannon well in B-More, I wished Kubes well in Houston...I liked Cutler, I still can't believe it all went down like this, but I'm over it. I hope he does well with the Bears, and I hope we beat him in a Super Bowl if it comes to that.

I only really care about the Broncos. I'll keep track of former Broncos, but the only ones who rouse my ire are current ones.

Hopefully we have fewer of those this year.

~G

honz
04-14-2009, 04:12 PM

I think Cutler will be just fine without us, I hope we're even better without him, and I hope he never wins a game against us. Once players go to other teams my feelings about them get more general. I reserve my anger for players and coaches on my own team who are still screwing up our chances to win. Cutler no longer impacts that, except for a game every few years when we play him, so he's no longer my concern.

~G
Why? Because I don't like the guy. It has nothing to do with Cutler the player and everything to do with Cutler the person.

Fan in Exile
04-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I just don't see anyway right now that of the top ten games next year three of them will be Bronco's games. I hope that I'm wrong and that everyone is rushing out at the end of the season to get the DVD just to watch our undefeated march to our third Super Bowl win, but I just don't see it.

Of course maybe I'm wrong about what makes a good football game. I think it's the play on the field and he clearly thinks it's the backstory.

BroncoWave
04-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Why? Because I don't like the guy. It has nothing to do with Cutler the player and everything to do with Cutler the person.

Agreed. If I were there I would be booing the hell out of him. I'll just have to settle for heckling my roommate next year who is a huge bears fan! :D

BroncoWave
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I just don't see anyway right now that of the top ten games next year three of them will be Bronco's games. I hope that I'm wrong and that everyone is rushing out at the end of the season to get the DVD just to watch our undefeated march to our third Super Bowl win, but I just don't see it.

Of course maybe I'm wrong about what makes a good football game. I think it's the play on the field and he clearly thinks it's the backstory.

Yeah, he's talking about the 10 games that will have the best storylines, not necessarily the best games. There is no way of knowing what those games will be, but it is easy to pick out the games that will have good storylines going into them. Too bad we don't play the bears in the regular season or that game would have easily been #1.