PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs Thread (for the 6 fans here lol)

Pages : [1] 2

Medford Bronco
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay I think it warrants a separate thread.

My dream final would be Carolina vs Chicago.
Alternate would be Boston vs Chicago.

Now my first round predictions (and hopes lol)

Boston 4 MTL 1 -Boston too good to squander this reg season
Wash 4 NYR 2 - Caps are so much stronger than the pop gun Rangers
Car 4 NJ 2 (I hope but we shall see what happens)- Sentimental pick obviously but Car was white hot until the last 2 games. Ward did win a Conn Symthe in 06 and both teams have pletny of experience.
Pitt 4 Philly 2 (I Hope for a Pens sweep though lol) Even matchup but will root very very very hard for Pitt to win

West

Sharks 4 Ducks 1 - SJ too strong
Columbus 4 Det 3 (real pick is Det 4 CBJ 2 we can hope Mason stands on his head)
Hawks 4 Calgary 2 - Hawks are very talented and young and fun to watch
Canucks 4 St Louis 2 - Nucks too strong but would not mind seeing an upset

of the 16 teams in the playoffs the only 2 I DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRUMSTANCEs sto win the Sanley Cup would be the Dirty Flyers or the Red Wings but if they ever did play each other I would be with Det as they are less dirty than the cheap shot Broad Street bullies.

broooks77
04-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Yay penguins!

I didn't think we were going to make it earlier this season.

East Coast Fan
04-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Yay penguins!

I didn't think we were going to make it earlier this season.

Me neither until they fired Therrien then things went bananas!

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

underrated29
04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Boston 4 MTL 1 -Boston too good to squander this reg season
Wash 4 NYR 2 - Caps are so much stronger than the pop gun Rangers
Car 4 NJ 2 (I hope but we shall see what happens)- Sentimental pick obviously but Car was white hot until the last 2 games. Ward did win a Conn Symthe in 06 and both teams have pletny of experience.
Pitt 4 Philly 2 (I Hope for a Pens sweep though lol) Even matchup but will root very very very hard for Pitt to win

West

Sharks 4 Ducks 1 - SJ too strong
Columbus 4 Det 3 (real pick is Det 4 CBJ 2 we can hope Mason stands on his head)
Hawks 4 Calgary 2 - Hawks are very talented and young and fun to watch
Canucks 4 St Louis 2 - Nucks too strong but would not mind seeing an upset

I will go with:

Boston 4-2
wash 4-3
Car 4-3 (i think NJ will make it interesting, but heres hoping for you Med.)
Pitt-4-1

sj- 4-2
det 4-1- i hope not, i hope nash and the jackets KILL DET!
flamers 4-3
nucks 4-2

East Coast Fan
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
"LET'S GO PENS" Well its finally here-opening night tonight against the Cryers. I'm half-fighting with a couple of their misguided fans on another website who are telling me that they're gonna kick our asses etc. etc. I said "anything is possible, but I certainly feel better going into the playoffs hot like we are rather than shaky like they are"!!

C'mon Malkin do your thing baby! Light 'em up!!!

Sid the Kid Malkin Staal Fleury Kunitz Cooke Gonchar Guerin Orpik

"LET'S GO PENS...LET'S GO PENS....LET'S GO PENS....LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::marchmellow::elefant::cheer2:

underrated29
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
The flyers are fluff. You will handle them pretty easily i think. As long as they dont cheap shot their way to victory. But i doubt that will happen, especially since sid is willing to throw down now too.

Broncolingus
04-15-2009, 04:53 PM
"LET'S GO PENS" Well its finally here-opening night tonight against the Cryers. I'm half-fighting with a couple of their misguided fans on another website who are telling me that they're gonna kick our asses etc. etc. I said "anything is possible, but I certainly feel better going into the playoffs hot like we are rather than shaky like they are"!!

C'mon Malkin do your thing baby! Light 'em up!!!

Sid the Kid Malkin Staal Fleury Kunitz Cooke Gonchar Guerin Orpik

"LET'S GO PENS...LET'S GO PENS....LET'S GO PENS....LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::marchmellow::elefant::cheer2:

Cryers beat the Pens?

If that happens, you need to pick a new team, dude...

Oh, wait...

Requiem / The Dagda
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
GO PENS! PENS TILL THE DAY i DIE! <3 WOooOO!

BroncoAV06
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Not a good combo for Philly, stumble to finish the season and a Pens team that is on fire and is on the way to a 4-1 win in game one!

East Coast Fan
04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Not a good combo for Philly, stumble to finish the season and a Pens team that is on fire and is on the way to a 4-1 win in game one!

So far so good! But its a loooonnnggg series! :D

Flatinum
04-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Late to post but here are my picks for the first rd.

Boston in 5
Washington in 7
Carolina in 6
Pittsburgh in 5

San Jose in 6
Detroit in 5
Calgary in 6
Vancouver in 7

Broncolingus
04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Nice of the Phils to wait until the 3rd (and until their asses were kicked) to start their, ummm...'physical' brand of play...

Pens handled it well though and it was a good win.

...game 2 is going to be much more rough methinks.

East Coast Fan
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Nice of the Phils to wait until the 3rd (and until their asses were kicked) to start their, ummm...'physical' brand of play...

Pens handled it well though and it was a good win.

...game 2 is going to be much more rough methinks.

I really expected a better game, but yes, we'll probably get one tomorrow night. And yes, the Flyers acted like their usual classless selves at the end of the game. I was watching the game on the Flyers station, and their announcers kept saying "the Flyers are leaving their "calling card" for the next game". When they scored to make it 4-1 they kept saying "there's a lot of time left in this game with 7:00 left". I wanted to throw up, but that was the station that they were on.

Next game I expect the Criers to come out with a little more life to them, but I hope that we beat their brains in.

:tsk::laser::ridinghorse::clap2:

Flatinum
04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I really expected a better game, but yes, we'll probably get one tomorrow night. And yes, the Flyers acted like their usual classless selves at the end of the game. I was watching the game on the Flyers station, and their announcers kept saying "the Flyers are leaving their "calling card" for the next game". When they scored to make it 4-1 they kept saying "there's a lot of time left in this game with 7:00 left". I wanted to throw up, but that was the station that they were on.

Next game I expect the Criers to come out with a little more life to them, but I hope that we beat their brains in.

:tsk::laser::ridinghorse::clap2:

When you know that your outclassed by your opponent on shear talent you'll try anything to win.

Philly doesn't stand much of a chance so they're playing the goon card. Not going to work. Sid, Malkin and co. won't be intimidated by the Flyers.

NameUsedBefore
04-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Jackets somewhat holding their own versus Detroit. They simply weren't able to score with those early power plays.

Also, Cutler dropped the puck at the Chicago game lol.

Medford Bronco
04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I hope the canes wake up as they looked like poo poo in game 1.

btw as an aside Medford lost his job yesterday so I really dont care that much about anyting right now. Greedy athletes have never worked a real job in their life. I just wish they could experience living paycheck to paycheck and never cry about "market value etc" End of rant and sorry to derail.

Go Canes, Pens, Bruins and Hawks
also anybody but DET and the dirty Flyers.

Broncospsycho77
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Ugh Jackets let a good game go bad halfway in. Didn't see them getting anything on Game 1... Detroit fans didn't seem too concerned either... they had tix at $44 for the game...

I'm excited, I managed to scalp a good pair of tix for Game 4 at Nationwide. Should be a good time. I'm an Avs fan, but the Jackets have a great fanbase and a ton of dedicated fans. They deserved a playoff berth sooner or later.

That, and screw Detroit :D.

NameUsedBefore
04-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I honestly think Detroit's play gets a little boost from their jersey color. There's something about the red that is inherently intimidating.

East Coast Fan
04-17-2009, 06:13 AM
btw as an aside Medford lost his job yesterday so I really dont care that much about anyting right now.

So sorry to hear about this, Med. I was there once before back in 1999 and it isn't a fun thing to experience. Just stop, TRY to relax (easier said than done), and take a little time for yourself-don't make any rash decisions. Things look bad but "out of bad comes good". My prayers are with you and your family and all of your coworkers.

Things will work out fine....it just takes time.

Les ;)

Broncolingus
04-17-2009, 12:03 PM
I honestly think Detroit's play gets a little boost from their jersey color. There's something about the red that is inherently intimidating.

God, I friggin hate Detroit...

...and did the Caps even know the game started last night?

Broncolingus
04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice win in OT by the Hawks...

...must've been because of Cutler.

Thnikkaman
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I will be rooting for the Pens since they were my team before I learned that the Nordiques would be moving to Colorado.

I hope Osgood never blocks another shot again.

Medford Bronco
04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Nice win in OT by the Hawks...

...must've been because of Cutler.

absolutely not, the Hawks have more class in their toenails that that punk ass

sorry lingus, med is just bitter, getting laid off with a family you have to support will do that lol

Broncolingus
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
absolutely not, the Hawks have more class in their toenails that that punk ass

sorry lingus, med is just bitter, getting laid off with a family you have to support will do that lol

Dude, no offense taken and sorry to hear - I'm sure things will turn around for ya'll soon.

Was being (very) sarcastic with the Cutler comment and I'm with ya 100% on that...:salute:

Medford Bronco
04-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Dude, no offense taken and sorry to hear - I'm sure things will turn around for ya'll soon.

Was being (very) sarcastic with the Cutler comment and I'm with ya 100% on that...:salute:

now lets get the Canes a win tonight at least to level the series at 1.

Go Pens for ECF and Hawks because I like their unis:salute:

Also the Bruins for my dad and other good ones here. :beer:

Broncolingus
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
now lets get the Canes a win tonight at least to level the series at 1.

Go Pens for ECF and Hawks because I like their unis:salute:

Also the Bruins for my dad and other good ones here. :beer:

I'm all about that...

Hope the Pens are able to play thru (again) what I think will be an even more goon-ish type game by the Phils...

Medford Bronco
04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm all about that...

Hope the Pens are able to play thru (again) what I think will be an even more goon-ish type game by the Phils...

I have hated Philly since 1974 :lol: seriously ever since I can remember, probably in the 80s

broncfn90
04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
its not playoff hockey without the avs

East Coast Fan
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM

It's probably gonna get ugly from their standpoint, especially if we start taking it to 'em like we did in game 1. But we've got a few guys that can throw down with 'em.

But I'd rather see us beat their brains in on the scoreboard. And we will....

East Coast Fan
04-18-2009, 02:42 PM
HA! They tried their goon tactics and that didn't work! They tried to beat us at our own game and that didn't work! I LOVE IT!! I'm sure that they'll win one at home, but they ain't gonna win 4 out of 5! It's great....

And those 2 Flyer fans that were talkin' #%$& with me before game 1? Nothing. Not a sound. Disappeared like their team's chance of winning the series. I'll wait until the series is over, then I'll post about it.

And their announcers are SO BIASED...At the end of game 1, when they were trying to intimidate us with their cheap-shot goon tactics, the announcers said "the Flyers are leaving their calling card for the next game". Last night, near the end of the 3rd period when we were losing by 1 and Crosby got into a SLIGHT shoving match with one of their guys the same announcer says "Crosby is definitely showing signs of frustration". WTF????? :confused:

"WHO'S FRUSTRATED NOW, ASSJACK"????

"LET'S GO PENS" BEAT THEIR PHILTYDELPHIA BRAINS IN!!!!

:lol::strongy::viking::laser::marchmellow::cheer2:

Medford Bronco
04-19-2009, 11:37 AM
HA! They tried their goon tactics and that didn't work! They tried to beat us at our own game and that didn't work! I LOVE IT!! I'm sure that they'll win one at home, but they ain't gonna win 4 out of 5! It's great....

And those 2 Flyer fans that were talkin' #%$& with me before game 1? Nothing. Not a sound. Disappeared like their team's chance of winning the series. I'll wait until the series is over, then I'll post about it.

And their announcers are SO BIASED...At the end of game 1, when they were trying to intimidate us with their cheap-shot goon tactics, the announcers said "the Flyers are leaving their calling card for the next game". Last night, near the end of the 3rd period when we were losing by 1 and Crosby got into a SLIGHT shoving match with one of their guys the same announcer says "Crosby is definitely showing signs of frustration". WTF????? :confused:

"WHO'S FRUSTRATED NOW, ASSJACK"????

"LET'S GO PENS" BEAT THEIR PHILTYDELPHIA BRAINS IN!!!!

:lol::strongy::viking::laser::marchmellow::cheer2:

lol I hate the Dirty Flyers.

So far very happy about Boston smoking Le Habitat.
and the Canes showing life at NJ on Friday.

Like Chicago being up 2 as well.

Go Canes and Pens today :beer:

BroncoAV06
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Man I love orange..

Pens stroming back tied at two early in the 2nd. This could put the series away for Pitt with a win today. Like seeng the Hawks up two as well. Osgood stepping up and Detriot rolling up 2-0 in that series, still good to see Columbus in the post season. Been trying to watch all I can with work and such. Want to see how St. Loius and San Jose come out tonight.

East Coast Fan
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Well I pretty much figured that they would win at least one at home; hopefully we take the next one from them and take it back home. I DON'T want to see this thing tied up at two games each.

:mad::tsk:

Broncospsycho77
04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
That Pens game was entertaining, that's for sure. When Malkin scored that goal in the third, I thought there would be a little run. That's alright, though. Stole one from 'em at least.

Medford Bronco
04-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Stupid Canes lost in OT. Very aggravating game to end an aggravating week for me.
Game 4 is huge, if they dont win they are toast.

I have lots of respect for NJ thought as they are a great team.
It has been a close series so far. We shall see.

Go Bruins and Hawks tonight.

BroncoAV06
04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow Canes with the GWG with .2 secs left in the 3rd!

Medford Bronco
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow Canes with the GWG with .2 secs left in the 3rd!

At least Med can be happy about something:lol::salute:

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive. I love the NHL playoffs as much as the NFL playoffs. Fun times

broncfn90
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
go avs!... sorry i am just so use to saying that at this time of year

East Coast Fan
04-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Fleury was RIDICULOUS!!!! They threw EVERYTHING they had at us and he bailed us out. Now lets knock 'em out at home tomorrow night!!!

I can hear the chant at the end of the game already...

"GO HOME FLYERS" :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Medford Bronco
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Fleury was RIDICULOUS!!!! They threw EVERYTHING they had at us and he bailed us out. Now lets knock 'em out at home tomorrow night!!!

I can hear the chant at the end of the game already...

I saw the highlights, he was great. Excellent win. I hope you close it out next game :beer:

also Go Bs tonight:beer:

East Coast Fan
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
UUUUGGGHHHH!!! That was UGLY on our part....I had a bad feeling when we were going into the 3rd period down 1-0 that it wasn't our night.

This BETTER NOT go any further than tomorrow!!!

The Cryers are 0-13 in series when trailing 3 games to 1 so I hope that it continues!!!

"LET'S GO PENS"!!!! :cheer2::fight::viking:

LRtagger
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
The Canes game last night was hard to watch. I thought after game 4 Brodeur was done, but he was stellar last night. Cam was great too.

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Went to the Columbus game last night (standing room FTW) and that was a great game. Detroit pulled up 3-1 early, and everything looked like it was going to be over, but then a valiant second period comeback made it 3-3. The place was going nuts. Then in no time Detroit went up 5-3. The place was quiet again. But they came back again. 5-5, and the second period ends. 4 goals by the CBJ in the second... they wanted it. Bad.

The Red Wings were far and away the better team, though. All of their formations, their defenses, their lines... they just worked. There aren't any huge chinks in the armor for Detroit. Every player is in the right place at the right time, and know damn well what the opposition is going to do.

A side note: I don't know if you caught the game, but after the controversial penalty (too many men on the ice) with about a minute and a half to go, still tied, Detroit went and scored with a minute left. The arena was showered with beer, and even one hit the Detroit coach. It wasn't pretty at all, and it almost makes me a little sad.

Then again, the refs didn't call a single penalty in the third period, and even from my seats I could see a dirty version of hockey being played. Those guys pretty much hated each other (Russell, a 6' Columbus player, tried to pick a fight with Ericcson, who's probably 7'1" on skates for Detroit... yikes.) the whole game, and lots of near fights were broken up. Then to call something with such little meaning at that point in the game... yeah, it's frustrating. Great effort by Columbus, though, who were on the short end of both the talent pool and the strategy and still fought their game in Game 4.

underrated29
04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
INTERESTING the way things have turned out. I still am baffed by the sharks. I thought they would be playing sooooo much stronger. But hey thats what playoffs are for. The men separate themselves from paper.

Broncospsycho77
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
The Sharks always seem to have the ability to just crumble to ruins in the playoffs. They're the Phoenix Suns of the NHL.

Medford Bronco
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Lets go Hawks today and Canes tomorrow.

I hope Anaheim wins today to get SJ out to
get some of the other games on Versus. SJ is not coming
back from 3-1 I am afraid. They look lost unfortunatley.

It just shows the reg season means nothing really.

East Coast Fan
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
FINALLY!! Those pain in the ass Cryers are DONE!! When it got to be 2-0 today, I honestly contimplated throwing my chair threw my TV screen, then thought "what would that accomplish"? Then 3-1. Then 3-2, then 3-3. Then we went ahead for good, and when Crosby put that empty-netter in I almost jumped through the roof! They were a pain and I'm glad that they're gone.

EVERYBODY chant with me.....

Broncospsycho77
04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Go Home Flyers

Medford Bronco
04-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I know no one cares but Med is happy for a game 7 for his Canes.

Also good work by Wash today who I thought was toast a few days ago.

Go Hawks tomorrow night.

East Coast Fan
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I know no one cares but Med is happy for a game 7 for his Canes.

Also good work by Wash today who I thought was toast a few days ago.

Go Hawks tomorrow night.

Good luck Med! GO CANES-BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE DEVILS!! :D

Medford Bronco
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM

Lets get a Caps blowout so stupid Versus can get the Devs/Canes game on for the conclusion.

Lets Go Canes:elefant::salute::beer:

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Red Wings to win it all.

LOL.

Medford Bronco
04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Red Wings to win it all.

LOL.

Not this year. I know you are trying to get the Avs fans goat.
Me being neutral will give you my honest op on this.

I think Boston if they get there can take em.
Also dont be suprised if Det has a tough series with Chicago or Vancouver.

I have watched hockey all year and Det is good but not as good as last year.

underrated29
04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
canes tonight game 7- Going to watch this one for sure!

Good luck Med, Canes! (even though i like the NJ).

Sucks about the sharks, i like them and dislike the ducks a lot.

i think the caps pull it out- Philly imo has no business hanging around with those guys.

pnbronco
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM

Good luck Med tonight, go get them!!!!

A big congrat to ECF on your round, way to go.

So I'm finally home for a few weeks again. I have a show here in Denver this week, but I will be home at night and can keep up with hockey. I really did not have internet these 2 weeks and I feel like I have been on another planet. It was $ 14.00/ night on top of the $ 24.00 they charged each night to PARK!!! So I lived without and could not get it in KY so I'm so glad to be home again.

Getting home was a lesson in how many bad weathers could I get through....
First there was rain so hard I could not see anything and I'm not kidding anything, then when I could get off the road it was like driving in a lake. After that there was a high tornado watch, more rain, fog, sleet and snow. So guys catch me up and most of all GO CANES!!!!

Broncolingus
04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Two words...

GO DUCKS!!!

(...and of course Canes for you Med...)

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Two words...

GO DUCKS!!!

(...and of course Canes for you Med...)

Thanks lingus :beer::D :cool:

pnbronco
04-29-2009, 09:08 AM
That was amazing last night with what the Canes did. I even enjoyed watching the Caps and Rangers. Wish I could of seen your game Med, but highlights were great.

Well you made it to the next round and you like both teams, it's kind of mixed blessing, enjoy!!!

I'm bummed about the Sharks, I really like them. I only hope the Ducks can do the same to the Wings. I do like Selanne a lot and Giggie, they are both really nice men, esp Selanne. So go Canes, Pens and Ducks!!!!

LRtagger
04-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Watched every second of that game last night and WOW. I had about given up when the Canes had 5 on 3 for about a minute and a half in the 3rd and the only good SOG they got off hit the post. Then BAM two goals in the last minute and a half. Awesome game. Probably one of the best series I have ever seen in any sport.

Flatinum
04-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Not this year. I know you are trying to get the Avs fans goat.
Me being neutral will give you my honest op on this.

I think Boston if they get there can take em.
Also dont be suprised if Det has a tough series with Chicago or Vancouver.

I have watched hockey all year and Det is good but not as good as last year.

Hate the Wings as much as you Med but I find myself saying the same thing every year, in fact I said it last year.

They were the best team last year and have added talent instead of losing it (see Hossa) - they are the team to beat this year. Don't like saying it but it's true. They have less question marks than any other team left in the playoffs.

East Coast Fan
04-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Way to go Med-I'll post later when I have more time and Big Brother here at work isn't watching!!!! :shocked: :D

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
PN and ECF Also U29 (sorry I did not say that initilally, the 2 hrs sleep will do that lol) the two best here in hockey. I am still stunned on what happened. I have watched countless playoff game 7s since 1979 and have never ever ever seen that kind of finish. I am still thinking, am I dreaming? April has sucked but last night was pure magic and why we love sports. I was proud of Carolina regardless but this exceeds even my best imagination against to me the best goalie of all time an a team that never blows leads. For more of a recap, please check out the blog, which I will continue in the playoffs. I love writing so much, It is a passion, especially good stuff for the canes who I love just as much as Denver. They have given me some smiling time since Sunday Night. :D Here is my blog for anyone interested on this and the playoffs going forward.
http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/

and the award winning highlights Game Highlights from NHL.com (http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,3,137)

underrated29
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I didnt get to see any of the games as my team and i have been preparing for our tourney in vegas tomorrow. But i take it you won med?!!!

Alright!! Congrats- i will watch the link when i get more time. Did the caps do the job- i hate the flyers.

GO Canes!
Go Pens!
Go down the toilet Det!

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
I didnt get to see any of the games as my team and i have been preparing for our tourney in vegas tomorrow. But i take it you won med?!!!

Alright!! Congrats- i will watch the link when i get more time. Did the caps do the job- i hate the flyers.

GO Canes!
Go Pens!
Go down the toilet Det!

Yes the Caps won late as well.

bTW good luck to you, I Hope you win it all as it is much much much deserved. :beer:

I also wrote the blog, I am curious what real hockey fan thinks like you :D:cool:

Jaws
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
PN and ECF the two best here in hockey. I am still stunned on what happened. I have watched countless playoff game 7s since 1979 and have never ever ever seen that kind of finish. I am still thinking, am I dreaming? April has sucked but last night was pure magic and why we love sports. I was proud of Carolina regardless but this exceeds even my best imagination against to me the best goalie of all time an a team that never blows leads. For more of a recap, please check out the blog, which I will continue in the playoffs. I love writing so much, It is a passion, especially good stuff for the canes who I love just as much as Denver. They have given me some smiling time since Sunday Night. :D Here is my blog for anyone interested on this and the playoffs going forward.
http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/

and the award winning highlights Game Highlights from NHL.com (http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,3,137)

Is your blog one where you approve comments before they appear?
Just asking, because I tried to leave comments a few times, but didn't see anything come up.

underrated29
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes med i liked your blog. INfact i have always enjoyed it. I forgot about it though for some time so i am glad you reminded me. I swear i forgot my memmory, but i am not sure.:lol:

anyways good stuff. Keep writing those, esp. for us fans that dont get to see lots of the games anymore from crap like work and stuff.

Boston is going to be a tough match. I wish you guys all the best on this one. I thought NJ was tough but Boston might be even tougher. However, then canes can traverse through anything it seems. This year holds true.

God i love playoffs. There is no sport better to watch in playoffs then hockey! It is the Ultimate!

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Is your blog one where you approve comments before they appear?
Just asking, because I tried to leave comments a few times, but didn't see anything come up.

I dont think so? I think you need to type the encription as well?
Try again and if not I can look again and try to re set the settings. :elefant:
Eric Staal dancing after the last goal :D

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes med i liked your blog. INfact i have always enjoyed it. I forgot about it though for some time so i am glad you reminded me. I swear i forgot my memmory, but i am not sure.:lol:

anyways good stuff. Keep writing those, esp. for us fans that dont get to see lots of the games anymore from crap like work and stuff.

Boston is going to be a tough match. I wish you guys all the best on this one. I thought NJ was tough but Boston might be even tougher. However, then canes can traverse through anything it seems. This year holds true.

God i love playoffs. There is no sport better to watch in playoffs then hockey! It is the Ultimate!

Agreed no sport is better in the playoffs, espcially OT.
U29 I have not done the blog in a couple of years and said what the heck last night. I had so much to outpour after that effort.

I also like Boston and give them a slight edge but as the Canes had for a slogan in 06.... "Whatever it Takes" That is what happened last night. A team that never quit. They wont against Boston either. My head says Boston in 6, my heart says Canes in 7 in overtime and I will be at the game in Boston lol, not really but I do live here and can dream right :salute:

Cam Ward makes any series winnable. You dont win a Cup and then bounce back like he did this season and not be a top 5 or 6 goalie. I just wish he turned it on sooner and he would be a Vezina Finalist. His first 30 games hurt him but the team was sucky as well.. Also I was one who was DEAD WRONG on Paul Maurice coming back. Him along with Ron Francis have done a wonderful job. It shows what I know lol

LRtagger
04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
The funniest is looking at the Dev fans after Staal scored. One chick starts flipping him off and one other girl has the "did that really just happen" look on her face...hahaha classic.

Medford Bronco
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
The funniest is looking at the Dev fans after Staal scored. One chick starts flipping him off and one other girl has the "did that really just happen" look on her face...hahaha classic.

I still dont believe it happened. Remember I am an old Whaler fan and was used to disappointment in Game 7s until 2006.

Staals goal was the latest 3rd period GW goal in NHL history in Game 7s that was not in overtime.

No matter what happens in the next series. This was all worth it. :salute::beer:

Broncolingus
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
GO DUCKS!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2202/2438035803_35bfdf6c1c.jpg?v=0

underrated29
04-29-2009, 04:17 PM
GO DUCKS!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2202/2438035803_35bfdf6c1c.jpg?v=0

I dont like the quack. But i hate the wings! So i share this sentament along with you my brother.

GO DUCKS!

RED WINGS SUCK!!!!!

underrated29
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
That got me to thinking remember when the avs were good and we had a big rivalry with the wings, and every car in denver had a Redwings suck bumpersticker on it?

Those were the good ol days. I hope again to see the days where us coloradans sport the Red Wings SUcks bumper sticker.

pnbronco
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM

GO Canes!
Go Pens!
Go down the toilet Det!

He UR, best of luck with your tourn. I can't believe you will be out of town for another Fun Raiser but one of these days. This is the best time of the year and all of you are the best fans, I so enjoy coming here after a long, hard day...

Go Canes!!!
Go Pens!!!
Go Ducks---Beat the Wings!!!!
Congrts to Chi, solid win can't decide between them and Vancover...

I may actually get to see a game this time woo hoo......:elefant:

Flatinum
04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
6-2 in round 1. Here's my round 2 predictions.

Bruins in 7
Pens in 6
Wings in 5
Hawks in 6

Medford Bronco
04-30-2009, 09:33 AM

Bruins in 7
Pens in 6
Wings in 5
Hawks in 6

Hope u are wrong on the first one;)

Seriusly I am still stunned on how Carolina pulled out that miracle.

Thnikkaman
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll174/bsmith73_photos/losertown.jpg

Medford Bronco
04-30-2009, 09:48 AM

Bruins in 7
Pens in 6
Wings in 5
Hawks in 6

I would not mind seeing a Hawks vs Bruins final. Original 6 matchup of two teams I like and have not won a cups for a long time.

Anybody but Det. Respect them but sick of them really.

I can still hope for a miracle from the Canes but do they have enough
to take out a very good Boston team. they do have experience since 06 so
you never know. Remember the 1993 Canadiens (yes yo hate them lol) had a good reg season but they caught a wave and won the Cup. a Hot goalie can do it and a superstar like Staal stepping up his game could make it possible.
It the Canes stay of the box they have a legit shot of beating Boston I say.

I just hope the Hawks can keep their momentum up. They are such a fun team to watch. IMHO they have the best uniform in all of the NHL,. The Red Blackhawk sweater is classic.

Flatinum
04-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Hope u are wrong on the first one;)

Seriusly I am still stunned on how Carolina pulled out that miracle.

I could very well be wrong on the first and the second, as I said at the beginning of the playoffs the EC is wide open.

The only prediction I would put $$ on is Detroit beating Anaheim.

Flatinum
04-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I would not mind seeing a Hawks vs Bruins final. Original 6 matchup of two teams I like and have not won a cups for a long time.

you never know. Remember the 1993 Canadiens (yes yo hate them lol) had a good reg season but they caught a wave and won the Cup. a Hot goalie can do it and a superstar like Staal stepping up his game could make it possible.

I just hope the Hawks can keep their momentum up. They are such a fun team to watch. IMHO they have the best uniform in all of the NHL,. The Red Blackhawk sweater is classic.

Detroit - Chicago would be a great series. Original six, hated rivals, young guns vs the Champs.....etc.

Broncolingus
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Great game tonight between the Blackhawks and Canucks...

Too bad Chicago couldn't pull it out, but what a great 3rd period...

Medford Bronco
05-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Lets go Canes and Ducks today :beer:

LRtagger
05-01-2009, 02:15 PM

The biggest problem for the Canes was converting the PP. Their PP lines were terrible. The shots they did get off were not good ones most of the time. Had they played better when on the advantage it wouldnt have been a close series.

I hope they pick it up because they will need the PP goals to beat Boston.

Broncolingus
05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Lets go Canes and Ducks today :beer:

Amen, brother!

Medford Bronco
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
The biggest problem for the Canes was converting the PP. Their PP lines were terrible. The shots they did get off were not good ones most of the time. Had they played better when on the advantage it wouldnt have been a close series.

I hope they pick it up because they will need the PP goals to beat Boston.

Agreed, They need to do better, also they need to stay out of the box as well.

East Coast Fan
05-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Here we go again!! Round 2 with one of the matchups that the hockey "people" were hoping for-Sid, Malkin and Ovechkin. It should be a good one....

Best of luck Med-two of your favorite teams going at it in your "backyard", eh? :D

"LET'S GO PENS" POP THE CAPS.....:elefant::cheer2::ridinghorse::fight:

Broncospsycho77
05-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm excited for the Pitt-Washington series. Hopefully Ovechkin will pick a fight with Sid. That would be epic. Hockey needs this series to be good.

Medford Bronco
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Here we go again!! Round 2 with one of the matchups that the hockey "people" were hoping for-Sid, Malkin and Ovechkin. It should be a good one....

Best of luck Med-two of your favorite teams going at it in your "backyard", eh? :D

"LET'S GO PENS" POP THE CAPS.....:elefant::cheer2::ridinghorse::fight:

Thanks ECF good luck to Pitt in this series. Both of our series will be tough but can be won if our goalies do the job and both teams stay diciplined.

Lets go Canes and Pens
and anybody but Det:lol:

Medford Bronco
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm excited for the Pitt-Washington series. Hopefully Ovechkin will pick a fight with Sid. That would be epic. Hockey needs this series to be good.

For Sids case I hope not as Ovechkin would kill him.

Maybe Malkin and Ovechin, more evenly matched
and to be frank I like Malkin better than Sid, he is a more
well rounded player than him IMO and is very underrated
for a Hart trophy finalist.

Broncolingus
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Gosh, I hate the Red Wings...

Broncolingus
05-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry, Med - not the Canes night last night.

Thomas was solid and Savard was on fire...

They'll get em in game two.

East Coast Fan
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
UUUGGGHHHH....we came out flying, they looked bad. Then we take stupid penalties and give them a 5-on-3 and they make us pay. Then WE look lost for the start of the second, then get going only to have their goalie make a RIDICULOUS stop on Crosby! Then we look lost again on the game winning goal, and can't get it tied. But the good news is that we were taking it to them but have to cash in on goals and I think that we will-just have to stay out of the penalty box....

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE UP OUR POWER PLAY?" 1 for 23 over the last 5 games is UNACCEPTABLE when you have the talent we have out there...:mad:

Broncolingus
05-03-2009, 12:25 AM
UUUGGGHHHH....we came out flying, they looked bad. Then we take stupid penalties and give them a 5-on-3 and they make us pay. Then WE look lost for the start of the second, then get going only to have their goalie make a RIDICULOUS stop on Crosby! Then we look lost again on the game winning goal, and can't get it tied. But the good news is that we were taking it to them but have to cash in on goals and I think that we will-just have to stay out of the penalty box....

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE UP OUR POWER PLAY?" 1 for 23 over the last 5 games is UNACCEPTABLE when you have the talent we have out there...:mad:

They'll get em game two...

Don't see Savard playing that well the whole series...

How about the Blackhawks - TOTALLY took it to the Canucks tonight.

Wow...

Broncolingus
05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
3-2 after 2...

Cmon, Ducks!

Medford Bronco
05-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Now that is why Cam Ward won the Vezina in 06.

Outstanding, what a save on Ryder to keep it 2-0 Canes.

Also my new favorite gritty player for the Canes, Chad Larose
He was outstanding tonight on the PK.

great work boys, I get at least another game.

Broncolingus
05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Congrats Med...:salute:

All round great game for the Canes and nice win...

Ward was incredible tonight...

Broncospsycho77
05-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Ducks own.

East Coast Fan
05-05-2009, 11:16 AM
We came out flying and took the lead, but I think that we'd need about a 3-0 lead to win against these guys. Ovechkin is RIDICULOUS-I can't believe that he gets a shot off as fast as he does. And that "unknown" goalie is hot.

We certainly had our chances, but we HAVE to put them in or we're finished.

Maybe some home cookin' will help-we'll see.....

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant:

Medford Bronco
05-05-2009, 12:51 PM
We came out flying and took the lead, but I think that we'd need about a 3-0 lead to win against these guys. Ovechkin is RIDICULOUS-I can't believe that he gets a shot off as fast as he does. And that "unknown" goalie is hot.

We certainly had our chances, but we HAVE to put them in or we're finished.

Maybe some home cookin' will help-we'll see.....

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant:

tough loss ECF but you guys will bounce back at home, i feel it.

Good luck in the next game tomorrow night. Make sure hopefully the Pens do get a Big lead against the Caps. I know they are tough with the Canes facing them 5 times this season. You guys are too good to not win the next game at HOME IMHO. It is so hard to win on the road in the playoffs as I can attest. Have faith and hopefully Malkin can wake up and score some goals or maybe Staal can channel his brother from my Canes for some good fortune :salute:

East Coast Fan
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks John. I watched highlights of the game, and we certainly had our chances. I can't believe how well their young goalie is playing; those saves against Crosby and then Gonchar in a row were unbelievable. I hope that Letang is okay, but he came off with his shoulder hanging low, and it didn't look good. Malkin is really slumping; hopefully he wakes up soon. But two games in a row we leave one of their guys WIDE OPEN down low right next to Fleury and they score-someone HAS to see that and make adjustments. We aren't getting killed, but we aren't winning either.

And not to complain, but on that one-timer power play goal by Ovechkin, Matt Cooke was blatantly tripped as he tried to get out there to cover him; Cooke goes right at the ref with his arms outspread like WTF??? Oh well, hopefully the home arena will be more friendly. We're in the games-even dominating them at times-but keep coming up one goal short.

pnbronco
05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Good luck ECF and Med with you next game. I'm hoping home ice will help both of your teams.

Watched the Wings - Ducks game last night, wow they really don't like each other, at least not right now. You know Pronger is one of the few hockey players that has scared me, his energy is down right scary. The first time I got his autograph my hand was shaking, he just has that presence. I can't imagine what he is like in your face, but since it's against the Wings, it's all good. So it's nice to see some games and be able to enjoy them.

So GO Pens and GO Canes!!!!

Medford Bronco
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Good luck ECF and Med with you next game. I'm hoping home ice will help both of your teams.

Watched the Wings - Ducks game last night, wow they really don't like each other, at least not right now. You know Pronger is one of the few hockey players that has scared me, his energy is down right scary. The first time I got his autograph my hand was shaking, he just has that presence. I can't imagine what he is like in your face, but since it's against the Wings, it's all good. So it's nice to see some games and be able to enjoy them.

So GO Pens and GO Canes!!!!

I was happy for the Ducks. Boy is Hiller good:salute: Hopefully a 2007 repeat.

As for the Hawks I was disappointed in them last night but give Vanc credit.

Go Pens and Canes tonight. Have your home crowd spurn you on.

If they play like they can, there will be two very tight games tonight and hopefully the the teams in the colored sweaters win

pnbronco
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I was happy for the Ducks. Boy is Hiller good:salute: Hopefully a 2007 repeat.

As for the Hawks I was disappointed in them last night but give Vanc credit.

Go Pens and Canes tonight. Have your home crowd spurn you on.

If they play like they can, there will be two very tight games tonight and hopefully the the teams in the colored sweaters win

Totally agree Med, I so hope they beat the Wings and man I am so impressed with Hiller. The funny thing is that when he came through here, he was like this big kid, who knew he could hold up under such pressure. Like the 3 OT's the other night. Man that one call last night where the whistle blew just as Hossa pushed the puck in was just toooo close. If it had been any other team I would have felt bad, it's funny how a team can change your eye sight.....;)

I'm hoping for a good game with a Pens and Cane win!!!!

Flatinum
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
A great video for hockey fans. What the Stanley Cup means.

Enjoy.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a1f_1239671916

East Coast Fan
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
C'mon Pittsburgh, we HAVE TO WIN TONIGHT....

Lose one and we're done....

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::cheer2::cheer2::laser:

underrated29
05-06-2009, 03:02 PM
well even though i was playing hockey in vegas, i still got to see lots of the games...They have TVs everywhere!

I think the pens and canes will do it tonight. I am glad the ducks took the upperhand against the wings. We watched the trip OT game in the pool at our hotel and my whole team cheared like you wouldnt believe when the ducks won!

Half the pool got freaked out from the noise. Obviously we had been drinking.

Good luck Boys.

GO PENS
GO CANES
GO DUCKS
GO BLACKHAWKS

- i threw in the blackhawks thing as the team we lost to in our tourney was from canada and they were huge canuks fans, and we didnt really like them that much.

Medford Bronco
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
What a night.

OT win for the Pens for ECF and
OT win for me and my new Canes club here lol

Cam Ward is sensational, he robbed Lucic in OT
and then the cardiac kid himself Jussi Jokinen punched in a tap
shot off of a nice play by Sergei Samsonov (against his old team)

This Canes team has something special with their heart.
They may not be the most talented but they play hard
and are a joy to watch, especially at home.

I just want 2 more wins and game 4 is on my Birthday on Friday.

Lets Go Canes :salute:

pnbronco
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Wooo Hooo, great night! It looked like the Caps were going to pull off another one, but sooo happy the Pens pulled it off and what a wild play the OT play was.

Let's hear it for Jussi, that's so cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed Med. Have a great birthday on Friday....:salute:

Medford Bronco
05-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Wooo Hooo, great night! It looked like the Caps were going to pull off another one, but sooo happy the Pens pulled it off and what a wild play the OT play was.

Let's hear it for Jussi, that's so cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed Med. Have a great birthday on Friday....:salute:

I do not want to get ahead of myself but in 2006 the Canes won a home game in overtime over NJ, the year they won the Cup.

I am not predicting that but this has been by far the most enjoyable playoffs due to what has happened to me in the last 30 days. Keep it up Canes. :salute:

Thnikkaman
05-07-2009, 07:42 AM
I have been pretty much restricted to watching highlights. I know I don't have a team in this right now, but I am definitely loving the little shots of adrenaline I am getting seeing that biscut in the basket.

LRtagger
05-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Med I am trying to get tix to game 4...wish me luck!

East Coast Fan
05-07-2009, 07:55 AM
I'll take the win, but it NEVER should have went to overtime. They showed Dupuis in the penalty box, but NEVER said what the penalty on him was!!!

Some of that end-to-end nonstop action is UNBELIEVABLE....

And their goalie is something else.

This next game is HUGE....

Congrats Med and your Canes...something about the score 3 to 2 that I like this morning! :laugh:

WOW.....:eek:

Medford Bronco
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I have been pretty much restricted to watching highlights. I know I don't have a team in this right now, but I am definitely loving the little shots of adrenaline I am getting seeing that biscut in the basket.

Do you have Versus? They are covering a lot of hockey?
If not then your cable/satellite provder is doing a disservice to any hockey fan.

thanks for the compliments btw. I love to write and am doing my best on it.
the highlights by nhl.com are great to put pictures with the words imo

Medford Bronco
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I'll take the win, but it NEVER should have went to overtime. They showed Dupuis in the penalty box, but NEVER said what the penalty on him was!!!

Congrats Med and your Canes...something about the score 3 to 2 that I like this morning! :laugh:

I was watching pitts ot and was so happy when that goal went in for you.
I would love to see the staal brothers in the ECF. You never know:beer::cool::salute:

pnbronco
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Good luck!!!!

Medford Bronco
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM

I hope so man and its my birthday as well so they Gotta win right;)
One can hope.

Man this series can undo all the hearache of the Whalers vs the Bruins.
1990 up 2 games to 1 and having a 5-2 lead in the 3rd period, they melted down so badly to lose 6-5 on a crap goal by Dave Poulin. Peter Sidorciewcz (sp) was awful. If they had Cam Ward back then they win that series they deserved to win. It still burns me up to this day :laugh: jk

They always were second fiddle and I was laughed at so much as a kid as a Whaler fan it was not even funny. I always respected
Boston and rooted for them when not playing the Whalers/Canes. Please win for Med. :cool::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Keep playing like you can and they will. I am not overconfident. I respect Boston as they had 116 pts and were outstanding all season long, so was SJ so no one is unbeatable. Det is even losing a series that I thought they would win in 5 or 6. (Go Ducks lol)

Thnikkaman
05-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Do you have Versus? They are covering a lot of hockey?
If not then your cable/satellite provder is doing a disservice to any hockey fan.

thanks for the compliments btw. I love to write and am doing my best on it.
the highlights by nhl.com are great to put pictures with the words imo

I have Vs. but I can't sit through a hockey game on TV unless its the Avs.

Medford Bronco
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I have Vs. but I can't sit through a hockey game on TV unless its the Avs.

I can respect that. :salute:

Dr Velcro
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I will not discuss hockey because of the incident in 94 that shall not be discussed .....

All I will ever say about it is this.....
Nick Beverley was awesome.

Sam McMaster is a schmuck....forever.

My longest love affair with sports died that year.
I will never wear my jersey again.

Long live the Kings

East Coast Fan
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh man, tonight's game is HUGE!!!! Let's send it back to D.C. tied at 2....

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::cheer2:

I tried to put the bleeping thing on here, but it doesn't work-go to www.youtube.com and type in lets go pens chant and the second one down is the 18 seconds one-check it out and that'll be me tonight in my living room!!!

Flatinum
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM

He got called for interference. He picked one of the Caps defenseman to allow Malkin to get past. It was a good call actually.

Just so you know I'm going for the Pens but I call them as I see them.

underrated29
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
First i have to start out with QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!

Then i have to start out with YEAASSS Blackhawkes. 1:30 somthing left to tie it and then get the win in OT- Uh! Screw the canucks!

Now i am ready for tonight!

Go PENS!
GO CANES!
Go Ducks
Go Hawks

We got to send MEd off to the weekend on a high note.

East Coast Fan
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
He got called for interfence. He picked one of the Caps defenseman to allow Malkin to get past. It was a good call actually.

Just so you know I'm going for the Pens but I call them as I see them.

Thanks for letting me know; I was wondering what he did because even the announcers were saying "and Malkin draws a penalty". Then they show him in the box after the commercial, and I'm like "WHAT IS THIS"??? Now I know!!!

LRtagger
05-08-2009, 02:55 PM
well i didnt get tix to tonights game, but I did wear my cole jersey to work ahaha

Im hoping I can get them to game 6, but I'm also hoping there is no game 6!

If there's no game 6, then I'll be going to an EC championship game...hopefully a cup game too :)

East Coast Fan
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
We're back in it now, baby! The first game of the series to be decided by more than 1 goal. This is some of THE best hockey that I've ever seen from not only my Pens but the Caps also, and I've followed the Pens since the mid 70's; the action is just end-to-end nonstop most of the time.

And after that play that Ovechkin did on Gonchar, he'll be lucky to leave the ice with his head still attached; he went knee-to-knee on him when he could've avoided him. I just hope that Gonch isn't seriously hurt, but he left and didn't return, and they never did say what was wrong with him-that ain't good.

Right back at it tomorrow night again? Must be a scheduling problem in D.C.
but hopefully we kept it rollin' in their building!!

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

underrated29
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
terrific game boys.

Great way to end your B-day med!!

Medford Bronco
05-08-2009, 10:25 PM
terrific game boys.

Great way to end your B-day med!!

I am so happy for ECF as well to even that series.

a Staal brothers ECF would be great :cool:

as I have told a number of people, YOU CAN NEVER UNDERESTIMATE Heart!!!

the Canes got heart. Regular season means nothing right now.

Medford Bronco
05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
We're back in it now, baby! The first game of the series to be decided by more than 1 goal. This is some of THE best hockey that I've ever seen from not only my Pens but the Caps also, and I've followed the Pens since the mid 70's; the action is just end-to-end nonstop most of the time.

And after that play that Ovechkin did on Gonchar, he'll be lucky to leave the ice with his head still attached; he went knee-to-knee on him when he could've avoided him. I just hope that Gonch isn't seriously hurt, but he left and didn't return, and they never did say what was wrong with him-that ain't good.

Right back at it tomorrow night again? Must be a scheduling problem in D.C.
but hopefully we kept it rollin' in their building!!

Not scheduling problem its called NBC and we want it on National TV

Medford Bronco
05-08-2009, 11:58 PM
This series vs Boston can undo the 15 years of Whaler frustration vs the Bruins
and all the jabs I took over the years by those cocky Bruins fans. I like the Bruins as a team for 2nd fav but the Boston fans here are sometimes so full of themselves it is not even funny. They are such excusemakers really. They cant give credit ever. Its them playing bad and not the Canes playing good. What series are they watching? The Canes have dominated mostly since game 1 and deserve every bit of this lead. Boston tied at 1 going into the third was flat as a pancacke. What is the excuse to get outworked by the "less talented" Canes?

Tell Eric Staal and Cam Ward they are less talented than the Bruins players. Please.

One more win more win boys, u can do it. I would love to see it here in Boston to make it that much sweeter, really. Also when having someone down never ever let them up. No life, what Shanny used to do in Elways last years here.

East Coast Fan
05-09-2009, 07:18 AM
I am so happy for ECF as well to even that series.

a Staal brothers ECF would be great :cool:

as I have told a number of people, YOU CAN NEVER UNDERESTIMATE Heart!!!

the Canes got heart. Regular season means nothing right now.

Congrats on the big win also, Med! I watched part of the end of your game, and yes they have Boston right where they want 'em; now they just have to step on their neck and finish 'em off.

I'm waiting to see the "backlash" from that Ovechkin-Gonchar incident; if it was an intentional hit, I really lost some respect for him because of it. It did look like he stuck his knee out to catch Gonchar, and man was he in pain. We would really be hurting with him out, but something really bad is going to happen as retaliation I fear; this could get really ugly.

Right back at it tonight-this is stressful!!! "They're trying to kill me"...:dead:

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2:

Medford Bronco
05-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the big win also, Med! I watched part of the end of your game, and yes they have Boston right where they want 'em; now they just have to step on their neck and finish 'em off.

I'm waiting to see the "backlash" from that Ovechkin-Gonchar incident; if it was an intentional hit, I really lost some respect for him because of it. It did look like he stuck his knee out to catch Gonchar, and man was he in pain. We would really be hurting with him out, but something really bad is going to happen as retaliation I fear; this could get really ugly.

Right back at it tonight-this is stressful!!! "They're trying to kill me"...:dead:

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2:

ECF i did not see the hit. I will watch to see what happens.

Good luck tonight, hopefully Malkin can continue his good play and Staal can be like his brother:beer::cool:

Broncospsycho77
05-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Good game by the Canes.

I'm also scared that Detroit's gonna put a whoopin' on the poor Ducks now.

East Coast Fan
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
ECF i did not see the hit. I will watch to see what happens.

Good luck tonight, hopefully Malkin can continue his good play and Staal can be like his brother:beer::cool:

Yeah yeah yeah!!! I'm REALLY likin' this now!!! The first time that a team scored the first goal and won in this series, and the first time that the road team won!! Mellon Arena is gonna be wild Monday night!

They filled in for Gonchar very well, and they still didn't really disclose what is wrong with him except that he's hurt. And at times it was still end-to-end action despite the fact that they just played last night. Hopefully we can finish them off Monday night.

And yes Staal did score and played well as he has been along with Cooke and Kennedy; that's some 3rd line there as they really can control that puck down low and keep it in the offensive zone.

Thank you Tom Poti, thank you!! ;)

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

Medford Bronco
05-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah yeah yeah!!! I'm REALLY likin' this now!!! The first time that a team scored the first goal and won in this series, and the first time that the road team won!! Mellon Arena is gonna be wild Monday night!

They filled in for Gonchar very well, and they still didn't really disclose what is wrong with him except that he's hurt. And at times it was still end-to-end action despite the fact that they just played last night. Hopefully we can finish them off Monday night.

And yes Staal did score and played well as he has been along with Cooke and Kennedy; that's some 3rd line there as they really can control that puck down low and keep it in the offensive zone.

Thank you Tom Poti, thank you!! ;)

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

Malkin good job but overall you guys just wanted it more :salute:

I hope for you to win on Monday night and hopefully my Canes can get it done today.

out west Thank you Hawks :salute:

series I would love to see

Chic-Det (dont like them but rivalry with Chic is good)
Pens-Canes (Staal brothers face off)

Hopefully :cool::salute:

East Coast Fan
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Malkin good job but overall you guys just wanted it more :salute:

I hope for you to win on Monday night and hopefully my Canes can get it done today.

series I would love to see

Pens-Canes (Staal brothers face off)

Hopefully :cool::salute:

Good luck today! Yes, Staal brothers series would be great....

Medford Bronco
05-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Good luck today! Yes, Staal brothers series would be great....

Lets do it.

Canes tonight and Pens tomorrow night at home :salute:

Tonights game is tough for the Canes though. Boston will come out
flying i predict. If Ward can stonewall them and then maybe the
canes get the first goal, you never know.

It would undo all those Whaler bad moments for me in Boston.

Go Canes, Go Canes, Go Canes

Medford Bronco
05-10-2009, 09:14 PM
That was as much fun as getting a screwdriver in the eye :lol: jk

Seriously Boston deserved to win that game. They dominated from
start to finish. I Just hope the Canes wake up or it will be too late

cant take dumb penalties

on to Tuesday Night. Nothing is ever easy :lol:

LRtagger
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
That was the worst I have seen them play in 2 months.

Medford Bronco
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
That was the worst I have seen them play in 2 months.

Game 1 vs NJ was ugly as well.

time to shake it off and the MUST win game 6 at home. I want no part of wining at Boston for Game 7.

We shall see. Remember in 2006 game 6 at Edmonton in the SCF. The got smoked but rebounded in the next game. I hope so.

they must get a lead and stay out of the box.

Btw blog is being updated as we speak. Not fun writing but writing nonetheless.

and click those ads please :salute: thanks

East Coast Fan
05-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Game 1 vs NJ was ugly as well.

time to shake it off and the MUST win game 6 at home. I want no part of wining at Boston for Game 7.

We shall see. Remember in 2006 game 6 at Edmonton in the SCF. The got smoked but rebounded in the next game. I hope so.

they must get a lead and stay out of the box.

Btw blog is being updated as we speak. Not fun writing but writing nonetheless.

and click those ads please :salute: thanks

I figured that the Bruins would have at least SOME life left in them, so the win didn't really suprise me. You'll snuff them out soon I'm sure.

Tonight I hope that we snuff the Caps out-and Ovechkin. Did you see that hit on Gonchar yet? Google it at Sergei Gonchar hit and tell me if you think it was a cheap shot... He better have eyes in the back of his head, especially if we're winning at the end of the game.

"LET'S GO PENS" POP THE CAPS!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::laser:

Medford Bronco
05-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I figured that the Bruins would have at least SOME life left in them, so the win didn't really suprise me. You'll snuff them out soon I'm sure.

Tonight I hope that we snuff the Caps out-and Ovechkin. Did you see that hit on Gonchar yet? Google it at Sergei Gonchar hit and tell me if you think it was a cheap shot... He better have eyes in the back of his head, especially if we're winning at the end of the game.

"LET'S GO PENS" POP THE CAPS!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::laser:

Pitts will win tonight and I hope Staal gets the GW for you.

Go Pens

and Go Hawks with Andrew Ladd and Havlat having good games :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Overrrrrrrrrtime.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
NNOOOOOOOOOOO. **** NOOOOO!!!! :( Magic lewz and now da Penz. NOooooooo!

underrated29
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
What the hell happened there ecf?

I went out to check on my steak. and the pens were up 3-2. I come back in and the caps are up 4-3?

Sucks about that OT goal. Oh well games 7 will be awesome.

East Coast Fan
05-12-2009, 06:05 AM
What the hell happened there ecf?

I went out to check on my steak. and the pens were up 3-2. I come back in and the caps are up 4-3?

Sucks about that OT goal. Oh well games 7 will be awesome.

We SCREWED up again is what happened-2nd too many men on the ice penalty in the series, and they score 2 goals in 29 seconds!!!!! We had 'em and we let 'em slip away...now we go back to that red nuthouse and have to win it there; NOT what we wanted to do but oh well....

And 2 minutes before they won it in OT we hit the crossbar....:mad:

These close one-goal games are WAY too stressful..."LET'S GO PENS"!!!!!

BigDaddyBronco
05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Where the hell are they showing the games. I've tried to catch a game on NBC on the weekends and Versus, but I can never find a game.

Help a brother out.

underrated29
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
i have dish and its channel 151- i think thats VS.

Thats where i watch all my games for hockey.

ECF- i screamed with Joy with the crossbar shot, i thought it went in and out...Obviously it did not.

I still think the pens are a much better team and you guys will rise to the occasion of game 7.

Go Hawks!
Go pens!
Go Canes!
Go Ducks!

NameUsedBefore
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd like to see the Capitals advance (sorry Dream) simply because Ovechkin's got one of the sickest shots I've ever seen. I liked the way one commentator colored it as "weapons grade" when he fired off an immense slapshot (Fleury gloved that shit down though).

I'd like to see the birds win it all, though... I've never seen the Blackhawks as anything more than a really crappy team since I first started watching hockey so it'd be nice.

Medford Bronco
05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
We SCREWED up again is what happened-2nd too many men on the ice penalty in the series, and they score 2 goals in 29 seconds!!!!! We had 'em and we let 'em slip away...now we go back to that red nuthouse and have to win it there; NOT what we wanted to do but oh well....

And 2 minutes before they won it in OT we hit the crossbar....:mad:

These close one-goal games are WAY too stressful..."LET'S GO PENS"!!!!!

Tough loss ECF. You were inches from winning with the crossbar hit by your defenseman.

The Pens still can win on the road. These two teams are so evenly matched and it is not surprising that it is going 7.

Good luck buddy. You still can win. I feel it. I hope Malkin and Crosby keep up their great play.

as for the other game what a wild win by the underrated Chicago Blackhawks.

I would love to see Hawks vs Wings and hope the Hawks beat their nemesis.

and for me tonight the Canes must shake off that crap performance in Game 5 and feed off the 18k plus at the RBC center tonight. They can do it hopefully even though I am very nervous about the game.

We shall see.

Go Canes, Pens and Hawks

Medford Bronco
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Where the hell are they showing the games. I've tried to catch a game on NBC on the weekends and Versus, but I can never find a game.

Help a brother out.

Occasionally a game is on NBC on a Sat or Sun afternoon but not much..

most are on Versus.

but you can go to http://www.justin.tv/ to get a stream link for
games usually on versus. its better than nothing.

It is how I watched the Devils vs Canes first round not on National TV.

East Coast Fan
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE

ECF- i screamed with Joy with the crossbar shot, i thought it went in and out...Obviously it did not.

I still think the pens are a much better team and you guys will rise to the occasion of game 7.

Go Hawks!
Go pens!
Go Canes!
Go Ducks![/QUOTE]

I screamed too but it was the goal after that crossbar hit!!! :mad: :D

I think that we can win tomorrow night-but we HAVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND PLAY SMART HOCKEY-if we get another "too many men on the ice" penalty my TV is going to go out the window!!!!! UUUUGGGHHHH.....

East Coast Fan
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Tough loss ECF. You were inches from winning with the crossbar hit by your defenseman.

The Pens still can win on the road. These two teams are so evenly matched and it is not surprising that it is going 7.

Good luck buddy. You still can win. I feel it. I hope Malkin and Crosby keep up their great play.

and for me tonight the Canes must shake off that crap performance in Game 5 and feed off the 18k plus at the RBC center tonight. They can do it hopefully even though I am very nervous about the game.

We shall see.

Go Canes, Pens and Hawks

Yes, this is the kind of series that you wish NO ONE had to be called the "loser"; it is THE BEST hockey that I've ever watched played...

Good luck tonight, also-we HAVE to meet in the playoffs right down the road...:D

Medford Bronco
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes, this is the kind of series that you wish NO ONE had to be called the "loser"; it is THE BEST hockey that I've ever watched played...

Good luck tonight, also-we HAVE to meet in the playoffs right down the road...:D

yes so at least one Staal brother can be in the final ;)

Also I am really feeling the Hawks in the West. I have always liked them since Denis Savard and Steve Larmer. Those fans are unbelievable.

That is a good underrated team I would LOVE to see them beat Det. Go Hawks for the West.

Flatinum
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Not looking good right now Med. 4-1 Bruins in the 3rd. Unless there's a huge turn around at least you have game 7 to look forward to.

Medford Bronco
05-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Not looking good right now Med. 4-1 Bruins in the 3rd. Unless there's a huge turn around at least you have game 7 to look forward to.

I want to scratch my eye out with a dental instrument:laugh:

okay Nick Wallin sucks. you cant get caught on a 2 on 1 to give up the game opening goal. I never want to see him on a Canes uni again after this year.

Well game 7. Canes have about a 10% chance of winning. oh well.

At least they gave me some playoff hockey this year for the first time since 06.

The game in Boston reminds me of Denver going to SD. Hopeless. I know apples and oranges but I dont feel confident at all.

LRtagger
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
crap

Medford Bronco
05-12-2009, 09:12 PM
crap

What are you talking about Nic Wallins game :laugh:

Him and Seidenberg suck.

but hats off to boston they deserved to win.

as my friend said, game 7 with a chance, you never know but I am not very confident.

oh well.

Go Ducks tonight though

and Hawks for the West.

pnbronco
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Finally the Ducks pulled it off!!! Man what a hit by Niedermayer put on Datsyuk. Glad the Ducks are were able to force it to a game 7, come on guys you've beat them there before one more time!!!!

Sorry Med and ECF, hope you have a great game 7, great round for watching anyway.

East Coast Fan
05-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Me and Med are in the same boat; hopefully there aren't any leaks in it!!!:D

I can't take much more playoff stress.....

Good luck Med!!!

Medford Bronco
05-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Me and Med are in the same boat; hopefully there aren't any leaks in it!!!:D

I can't take much more playoff stress.....

Good luck Med!!!

I like your chances a lot more than mine as the Pens are way more talented than the Canes. We have Staal Ward and pray

you have Crosby, Malkin, and a much more balanced team.
I feel a win for you tonight

maybe you guys can all put a curse on the Bruins and hope the Canes pull out another miracle like Game 7 at NJ. Not feeling it though.

I feelt the same way Denver did going to SD last season :tsk:

Flatinum
05-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Game 7 winners:

Detroit, Pittsburgh and Boston (Sorry Med, have to stick to my second round predictions).

underrated29
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
i dont know, i think the ducks might pull this one off. I also think the pens will handle the caps fairly easily.

Med and your canes. I expect this to be a tough low scoring game and it will be a 1 pt win i am sure. Feeling the canes.

GO DUCKS!
GO PENS!
GO CANES!
GO HAWKS!

screw:
Det
Van
Was
Bos

Medford Bronco
05-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Game 7 winners:

Detroit, Pittsburgh and Boston (Sorry Med, have to stick to my second round predictions).

Thats okay.

BTW you can root for med right;)

and I just found out from my cool uncle
that

I AM GOING TO GAME 7

Wish me well. :salute:

pnbronco
05-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Thats okay.

BTW you can root for med right;)

and I just found out from my cool uncle
that

I AM GOING TO GAME 7

Wish me well. :salute:

:salute: :salute: :salute: That great Med, have a great time!!!

UR I liked what I saw last night, I'm really hoping the ducks can pull one more out, they played so well and I really can not stand the Wings.

So
GO PENS
GO CANES
GO, GO, GO DUCKS.....:cheer2:

ps: I'm doing much better these days

Medford Bronco
05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Pens are going to win tongiht Hopefully for you ECF

Goal Scorers Malkin, Crosby Letang and Staal

for the Caps Ovechkin and Laich

Pens 4 Caps 2 with an EN goal

Good Karma Good Karma Good Karma

Go Pens :beer:

East Coast Fan
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Pens are going to win tongiht Hopefully for you ECF

Goal Scorers Malkin, Crosby Letang and Staal

for the Caps Ovechkin and Laich

Pens 4 Caps 2 with an EN goal

Good Karma Good Karma Good Karma

Go Pens :beer:

Oh that sounds good to me....

I don't want to see those red flags waving tonight, I don't want to hear that annoying siren, and most of all I don't want to see Ovechkin celebrating by bouncing off the glass; I want to see him bouncing off the glass, but with one of or guys slamming into him!!!

Here we go..... hang on tight, and buckle your seat belts....

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

LRtagger
05-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Have fun Med! I hope they win so I can go to a game or two against the Pens.

Medford Bronco
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Have fun Med! I hope they win so I can go to a game or two against the Pens.

Me to, so I can say I saw a game 7 win at an enemy rink that is very hostile.

I am keeping my Canes gear at home per my wife:lol:

underrated29
05-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Its the Medford Magic.

Enjoy the game Med. Hope the seats are good, but its in the building for a game 7, so really there cant be any bad seats in the house.

Have Fun!

Medford Bronco
05-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Its the Medford Magic.

Enjoy the game Med. Hope the seats are good, but its in the building for a game 7, so really there cant be any bad seats in the house.

Have Fun!

Thanks my friend. I heard they are pretty good ones as well.

Also right now the Pens are up 6-2. Congrats ECF :salute::salute::salute::salute:

BroncoAV06
05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
So much for the Game 7 hype. I was pulling for the Caps but when you give up the amount of shots teh Caps do it was only a matter of time untill Pitt really lit up Varlamov and it happened.

East Coast Fan
05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
FINALLY THEY'RE FINISHED!!! THANK GOD!!! They were a bigger pain in the ass than the Criers....

C'mon Med, get your guys in there so we can have some fun and see the Staal brothers beat on each other!! :lol:

Go Canes for my buddy Med...

"LET'S GO PENS" :elefant::balloons::2thumbs:

NameUsedBefore
05-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Capitals played sloppy as hell and their defense might as well have not shown up at all.

BroncoAV06
05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Capitals played sloppy as hell and their defense might as well have not shown up at all.

Their defense has been MIA for a while.

Medford Bronco
05-14-2009, 06:37 AM
penguins were a better team and deserved to win.
they pose way more problems to anyone. I respect how good they are.

The only time they get in trouble is when Fleury is shaky and that has not
happened for the most part in the playoffs.

Now for me it might take a miracle to happen. come on Canes come out
and play your best and see where it gets you.
This will either be the most fun night of sports for me at an actual game
or the most disappointing. We shall see what happens.

Go Canes please. "Whatever it takes" like vs NJ in Game 7 at NJ where no one
thought you can win.. Score first as well to gain confidence and Canes D please
do not leave Ward out to dry. Play some defense!

LRtagger
05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Let's hope Cam goes back to his first round and game 2-4 form tonight.

Flatinum
05-14-2009, 08:52 AM
I think the Canes had the Bruins on the ropes after game 4, down and almost out. They not only let them back in the series but seemed to wake them up and piss them off with the Walker cheap shot and the knee on knee hit to Savard. I'm not saying the Canes can't win tonight but this Bruins team is a far bigger challenge then that average Devils team they beat in Rd.1.

I'll be pulling for you Med but if I had to bet it would be on the Bruins.

p.s - Go Wings!!

LRtagger
05-14-2009, 10:13 AM
The Canes can win, but they have to get back to what they do best...outskating Boston and Cam has to be lights out.

They could have/should have won game 6, but they got outskated in the first and never recovered. Plus they missed a couple of huge breaks especially in the third (Staal missing an open net and Walker taking a bad angle on a fast break). They could have easily tied that game in the third, but they missed the easy chances. And I think if Cam saves just one of those opening goals it is a different game.

Anyways, they just need to get back to what they do best...stop trying to be more physical than Boston, use their speed, and outskate them.

underrated29
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I think the Canes had the Bruins on the ropes after game 4, down and almost out. They not only let them back in the series but seemed to wake them up and piss them off with the Walker cheap shot and the knee on knee hit to Savard. I'm not saying the Canes can't win tonight but this Bruins team is a far bigger challenge then that average Devils team they beat in Rd.1.

I'll be pulling for you Med but if I had to bet it would be on the Bruins.

p.s - Go Wings!!

You shall burn at the stake for this!!!

Go DUCKS!!!!!!

anyways, Med your team has the one thing that matters most in game 7. HEART- game 7 is always a battered, tired and bruised match of both teams. The team that wants it more will come out victor, not nessacerily the more talented team.

I still think it will be low scoring, and feel some hurricane winds brewing as we speak.

GO CANES!
GO DUCKS!
GO HAWKS!

Medford Bronco
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM

Go DUCKS!!!!!!

anyways, Med your team has the one thing that matters most in game 7. HEART- game 7 is always a battered, tired and bruised match of both teams. The team that wants it more will come out victor, not nessacerily the more talented team.

I still think it will be low scoring, and feel some hurricane winds brewing as we speak.

GO CANES!
GO DUCKS!
GO HAWKS!

Just score first and get a lead. Cam Ward has experience with Game 7s.

The Bruins are a great team and have a huge advantage in this game, however if the Canes skate hard and do their work, they will be in the game with a chance to win, that is all i ask for a chance to win late.

I would love to be there in ot with some obsure player scoring for the Canes and a collective groan goes up. Maybe like Patrick Eaves who has some talent but has not played up to his Ottawa days before his injuries.

med can dream right;)

regardless this team was 21-20 and Lavi was fired. They have exceeded my expectations by a lot, win or lose tonight. I am proud of the Canes no matter what happens. and will root for them all the time till the day I die, just like the Broncos and Dodgers.

Out West Go Hawks, I love that underrated team. they are so much fun to watch. if the canes lose then a Hawks vs Pens rematch of 92 would suit me well. go ducks to get Chicago home ice in the WCF. if they play det I know that i would love to see chicago beat them. det is awesome but the Hawks coached by a great cocah, here that Avs fans can get it done hopefully

pnbronco
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Go DUCKS!!!!!!

GO CANES!
GO DUCKS!
GO HAWKS!

I'll bring the matches!!!!!:flame:

A giant Congrats ECF, I'm so happy for you!!!

Have a great time tonight Med, you know I'll be pulling you and the Canes.

GO DUCKS, drown those Wings. I think it's going to be a wild game with all the fighting that has lead up to this. I am so hoping just one more win ducks.

I was laughing this morning. I am posting a lot, lot more in the hockey and basketball parts of the football forums, have to hang out with my friends...p

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, I was hoping to watch a thrilling close game seven, but I'm stoked Pittsburgh kicked ass either way. I was talkin' too a good lady friend of mine who grew up in Harrisburg, PA on the phone through most of the second period and we both were very happy. We got randy after that win.

Buff
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Sweet game winner Med. There really isn't a better moment is sports than a playoff game 7 OT goal.

Medford Bronco
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Sweet game winner Med. There really isn't a better moment is sports than a playoff game 7 OT goal.

It was so awesome to be there and hear 18k groan after that.

a Lot of "oh nos":elefant::cool::D

Man the Canes showed heart tonight, they deserved to win this.

and I was there. This game ranks up with Denvers Super Bowl Win vs GB and the Canes Cup Win on 06 as my favorites.

To see it live, 8 rows behind the Bruins Bench Priceless:beer: :salute:

Buff
05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
It was so awesome to be there and hear 18k groan after that.

a Lot of "oh nos":elefant::cool::D

Man the Canes showed heart tonight, they deserved to win this.

and I was there. This game ranks up with Denvers Super Bowl Win vs GB and the Canes Cup Win on 06 as my favorites.

To see it live, 8 rows behind the Bruins Bench Priceless:beer: :salute:

Wow, that's awesome... You may never see a better one than that. Even sweeter that you got to see it at the Garden. Did you take any pictures?

BroncoAV06
05-15-2009, 12:08 AM
From guy who laid a massive sucker punch to series hero! That is a hell of a leap!

Canes/Pens, now who would of seen this match up coming earlier in the season?

Hawks/Wings in the west, see if Chigago has it in em to knock off the Wings.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow, that's awesome... You may never see a better one than that. Even sweeter that you got to see it at the Garden. Did you take any pictures?

I only have a few with my cellphone and they are kind of crappy.
I should try to upload when I get a chance.

underrated29
05-15-2009, 12:29 AM
congrats Med, on the win and attending the game with such good seats and finish!

Sucks about the freaking quacks. Chitown better put them down with one flat foot on the wings. Hopefully.

As for your matchup, i am more of a pens fan than a canes fan, but a series of 7 games would be really fun to watch, but i have a feeling the pens might speed things up a game or two. Hope not for great hockey. Either way congrats! and next series is going to be FUN!!!

Medford Bronco
05-15-2009, 12:35 AM
congrats Med, on the win and attending the game with such good seats and finish!

Sucks about the freaking quacks. Chitown better put them down with one flat foot on the wings. Hopefully.

As for your matchup, i am more of a pens fan than a canes fan, but a series of 7 games would be really fun to watch, but i have a feeling the pens might speed things up a game or two. Hope not for great hockey. Either way congrats! and next series is going to be FUN!!!

Hey U29 I am on borrowed time. I just hope the Canes win a game or 2. Pitt is so much more talented than the Canes. This team does have heart though and Cam Ward, so anything is possible.

pnbronco
05-15-2009, 12:55 AM
That was a amazing game and Med you were there!!!! I so glad you had such a good time, I was watching and went OMG they did it!!! So enjoy the night and here's to a great round between the Pens and Canes.

I hate Cleary as much if not more than the Wings, oh well, maybe I'll root for the Wings and the Hawks can knock them off....:D

East Coast Fan
05-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Congrats to my buddy Med-we got our wish! I hope that you had a great time last night because you deserve it!

Just imagine the phone call between the Staal brothers after that game! :D

Here's to a great series, my friend! :beer:

Flatinum
05-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Great wins by the Canes and Wings last night.

The CF's should be exciting. Hawks are young and fast, but I'll take the talented veteran team anytime. Hawks are still learning. Med is correct that the Pens have more talent but they match the heart of the Canes as well. If Fleury gives them good goaltending (doesn't have to be great) they should win. Ward is sick and I think he has to now be considered to be the no.1 minder for Canada in 2010.

Wings-Pens again for the finals? This time Sid the Kid and the Pens are victorious and he becomes the youngest player ever to win the Conn Smythe (beats Orr by 6 months)? Very possible.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Great wins by the Canes and Wings last night.

The CF's should be exciting. Hawks are young and fast, but I'll take the talented veteran team anytime. Hawks are still learning. Med is correct that the Pens have more talent but they match the heart of the Canes as well. If Fleury gives them good goaltending (doesn't have to be great) they should win. Ward is sick and I think he has to now be considered to be the no.1 minder for Canada in 2010.

Wings-Pens again for the finals? This time Sid the Kid and the Pens are victorious and he becomes the youngest player ever to win the Conn Smythe (beats Orr by 6 months)? Very possible.

Sounds about right but I want a Hawks vs Canes series:lol:

but if I had to bet it would be Det vs Pitt and I would root so hard for Pitt to beat them.

but first things first I want to see Staal vs Staal in the faceoff circle.

The only small chance the Canes have and I mean small is that they must really feel like hey we are on such a roll now, if we continue to show heart and Ward steals a game we might play our 3rd game 7 on the road in this 09 Playoffs! I am still stunned I saw it live. That was surreal really, fun and wild

Boston would have lost to PItt as Pitt is better IMO as well.

LRtagger
05-15-2009, 07:57 AM
AWESOME game. I'll be going to either game 3 or 4 :)

Hey hey whatdaya say

Medford Bronco
05-15-2009, 07:18 PM
AWESOME game. I'll be going to either game 3 or 4 :)

Hey hey whatdaya say

I want to hear the upload of the Canes calls for the Win on youtube.
Is there anyway it can be done like the NJ series call of Forslund on TV
and Kaiton on Radio?

LRtagger
05-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I'll try to find it saved for you when i have some time, but I do know you can usually watch the games live here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fshurricanes

that is the hurricanes network...luckily I am local and get it in HD :)

Med, what were the fans saying about that first goal that should have never been? I was so pissed at the icing call and honestly i thought it would cost us the game.

Medford Bronco
05-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll try to find it saved for you when i have some time, but I do know you can usually watch the games live here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fshurricanes

that is the hurricanes network...luckily I am local and get it in HD :)

Med, what were the fans saying about that first goal that should have never been? I was so pissed at the icing call and honestly i thought it would cost us the game.

It happened so fast that I dont really remember that. I was just grateful we tied the game. Once that happened I felt there was a chance to win. I am still stunned they way it happened. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my life being there in an enemy rink to stun a crowd like that. What heart they have.

They wil have a tough time with Pitt but you never know. Sorry ECF. I cant root for you this series. ;) I do respect your team though. Very classy.

My head says Pens in 6
My heart says Canes in 7 in Ot again:lol:

out west

Head Det in 6
Heart Chicago in 6 or 7.

Go Canes and Hawks

East Coast Fan
05-17-2009, 05:43 PM
They wil have a tough time with Pitt but you never know. Sorry ECF. I cant root for you this series. ;) I do respect your team though. Very classy.

I understand; you never know what is going to happen and "that's why they play the games....."

Good luck to you my friend....:salute:

Medford Bronco
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I understand; you never know what is going to happen and "that's why they play the games....."

Good luck to you my friend....:salute:

The Canes must split in Pitt to have any chance. I just hope to get to a 6th game as to me the Pens are superior
in all aspects except for goaltending, where Ward holds the edge. Did you read my blog ECF, take a look, I have
a real honest assessment of the series.

Thanks and if you play the Red Wings in the Final you KNOW who I will be rooting for. If you play Chicago assuming you get there I would just love to be entertained
and not care who won but would be happy for you if the Pens did.

Its now anybody but Det :lol: who looked great today

Broncospsycho77
05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Go... Hawks?

Yeah, sure.

Medford Bronco
05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Go... Hawks?

Yeah, sure.

lol dont hold your breath:laugh:

Hey its only one game. They MUST win game 2 or they really
will be behind the 8 ball for sure.

Flatinum
05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
lol dont hold your breath:laugh:

Hey its only one game. They MUST win game 2 or they really
will be behind the 8 ball for sure.

Hawks are a very good YOUNG team, they're going to learn a good lesson from the Wings this year. They'll probably win a cup in the near future, just not this year.

Should be a great game tonight.

BigDaddyBronco
05-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Ah it's fun to watch the Red Wings roll. If Osgood continues to play well they should win this series. Their defense is just so steady.

Medford Bronco
05-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Hawks are a very good YOUNG team, they're going to learn a good lesson from the Wings this year. They'll probably win a cup in the near future, just not this year.

Should be a great game tonight.

Thanks Flat, I agree with you. Kabulin (sp) is old so I think they
need to upgrade in net for this to happen.

Experience will help them.

for the canes to win tonight, they MUST get a lead or at worst be 1-1 after a period. Then they will get confidence.

The Pens are much better on offense but the Canes are better defensively IMO. I hope they win but will not be shocked to see Pitt win this sereis. I just want to be entertained that is all. I have house money i say.

Go Canes :salute:

Medford Bronco
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Ah it's fun to watch the Red Wings roll. If Osgood continues to play well they should win this series. Their defense is just so steady.

Fun for you :lol: jk

They are a great team. I dont hate like most here, I am just sick of them
winning that is all. If they played the Flyers I would have been on your side for sure.

Osgood benefits from being on a great team. He is okay but not as good as the other 3 goalies IMO. Their defense is not steady, it is the best in hockey.

Niclaus Lindstrom (sp) is still the best Defenseman in the NHL. He way better than the overrated Chara.

underrated29
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I hate them!

Always have always will. And it kills me to see them this far as i dont think the hawks can stop them.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Med, are you crying yet?

Medford Bronco
05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Med, are you crying yet?

why would I cry. My team is overachieving this year?

YOu have only won one game so far. You goalie saved your butt early

Medford Bronco
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Pitt is simply more talented. The Canes fought back but Pitt was just too tough.

I stand by my Pitt in 6 prediction. The Canes will win at least one game no one expects them to. Also being down 2 forwards in the 3rd did not help.

I just wish Staal handled that hot pass with an empty net. Oh well.

congrats ECF

East Coast Fan
05-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Pitt is simply more talented. The Canes fought back but Pitt was just too tough.

I stand by my Pitt in 6 prediction. The Canes will win at least one game no one expects them to. Also being down 2 forwards in the 3rd did not help.

I just wish Staal handled that hot pass with an empty net. Oh well.

congrats ECF

Your guys really came to play. They fought back from that 2-0 first period and really made a game out of it. They are a hard-working team, and the pace was slower for us than the Caps series because your guys are better defensively than they were. This is going to have it's wide-open moments like the breakaways last night, but it will be more of a grind it out kind of series I believe. I thought the knee-to-knee shot from Cooke was questionable, but the one from Eaton I think they just got tangled up. And how about Fleury's stick getting knocked out of his hands :lol:. Tough going and I expect more of it Thursday night.

That game could've went either way as BOTH teams had their chances.

LRtagger
05-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Well they played better than they did game 1 against NJ and Bos...hope is not yet lost!

Medford Bronco
05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I just hope the Hawks come out and play better tonight.

as for the Canes game 2 is a must or it could be a short series.

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 07:57 AM
The game last night was awesome...too bad the Hawks lost!

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Let's hope the Canes get it to Game 6, because I just got tickets :)

Medford Bronco
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Canes might not have Pitts talent but they have so much heart. I think they will surprise at some point and at least get it to game 6 for you hopefully. Must not give up so many breakaways in Game 2. I wish it were tonight but one more day might get Cole and Ruutu healthy hopefully

LRtagger
05-20-2009, 11:24 AM
**** I just realized that Game 6 is the same day I leave for vacation...maybe I can get Game 3 or 4 tix instead.

Medford Bronco
05-21-2009, 07:18 AM
I hope the Canes come out flying tonight. Lets Go Canes and score first
to give youselves a chance vs a great Pens team. :salute:

East Coast Fan
05-21-2009, 07:39 AM
I hope the Canes come out flying tonight. Lets Go Canes and score first
to give youselves a chance vs a great Pens team. :salute:

I have to root for my guys, but I want to keep it "quiet" because I respect my buddy Med and have a hard time rooting against his team so here it is...

let's go pens....:D

underrated29
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!

GO PENS!
GO CANES!

GO BLACKHAWKS!

SCREW THE WINGS!!

Lets have a safe clean game on the pens vs canes. For the hawks game, safe, but i wont be upset if they beat the wings up a little.

Medford Bronco
05-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I have to root for my guys, but I want to keep it "quiet" because I respect my buddy Med and have a hard time rooting against his team so here it is...

let's go pens....:D

lol med is a respectable guy. just look at the unbiased blog and click and ad for him :beer:

if the pens win and play det I hope you sweep em.

if they win and play chicago, I would not mind either team winning as i have a soft spot for chicago since the denis savard days

Go Canes tonight, at least win a game or 2 in the series.

my annoying bruins fans neighbor say carolina will be swept. God I hope they are wrong. this is what happens with Boston sports fans, if they are not happy they must have everyone suffer with them. God forbid ever give credit to anyone.

not all boston fans just most of them

Remember the Giants were lucky
the Rays were lucky
The Broncos were lucky in the Champ Bailey game in Jan 06

the olrando magic were lucky that Garnett was injured :hurt:

:flypig: before MOST not all Boston fans actually give credit to another team that beat their team.

Medford Bronco
05-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont mind losing to a better team but I really hate sloppy play at the end of a period.
that sucked.

It will take a miracle for carolina to win vs Pitt. cant keep giving up F'ing breakaways either. :mad:

Medford Bronco
05-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Canes fought back then Malkin took over.

As much as I hated it happening to my team but what a goal.

LRtagger
05-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Gleason sucks!

East Coast Fan
05-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Canes fought back then Malkin took over.

As much as I hated it happening to my team but what a goal.

Malkin played like he was possessed; he carried them into that win and its good he was on because Fleury was shaky more times than not. He has to either work on his puck-handling skills or just leave it back there for one of his defensemen; it wouldn't suprise me to see him accidentally score on his own goal...But it was a frantic start, with your guys replying to each goal rather quickly then taking the 3-2 lead. But yes, giving up a goal with 8 seconds left in the period may have done them in, along with Malkin's play.

You're going back home, and anything can happen there; look at us vs. the Caps....

Medford Bronco
05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Gleason sucks!

Agreed but way too many breakaways in this Series so far.

Pitt has had like 4 or 5 and Carolina none.

I just hope to win one game now. Pitt is better. Staal is the Canes best player but cant hold Malkin or Crosbys jock for how good they are. I love Malkin, he is the best on that team IMO and I hope he wins the Hart but Ovechkin most likely will.

LRtagger
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I was glad to see their 4th line being productive...now maybe we can get Gleason and Seidenburg off the ice.

Last night was the first game all year when I thought to myself "I wish we still had Commodore"...and I wasn't a big Commodore fan myself, but he is 10x the defender Gleason is. When Gleason is on the ice it might as well be a PP.

Medford Bronco
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I was glad to see their 4th line being productive...now maybe we can get Gleason and Seidenburg off the ice.

Last night was the first game all year when I thought to myself "I wish we still had Commodore"...and I wasn't a big Commodore fan myself, but he is 10x the defender Gleason is. When Gleason is on the ice it might as well be a PP.

and we traded Jack Johson for him:shocked::lol: oh well lol

we are on borrowed time my friend. I love this team but it woudl take a miracle to beat Pitt, unless staal goes off. Maybe at home he can. at Pitt he has not played as well as he can IMHO

Pitt is awesome, Canes are a gritty team but do not have the talent of Pitt. In 2006 we did when we had Weight and Recchi and Justin Williams scoring like 80 pts, Brindamour of 06 is 10x the player of Brindamour now.

LRtagger
05-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Yea totally...Brindy sucks now...he's only good for PP killing. He's terrible with the puck.

Medford Bronco
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Yea totally...Brindy sucks now...he's only good for PP killing. He's terrible with the puck.

I love Brindy but its time to retire at the end of playoffs and hopefully he is a HOFer. One of the best two way players when in his prime, especially in Philly and in the Canes Cup Season of 06

Flatinum
05-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I love Brindy but its time to retire at the end of playoffs and hopefully he is a HOFer. One of the best two way players when in his prime, especially in Philly and in the Canes Cup Season of 06

If Doug Gilmour isn't a HOFer (still time for him to get in) there's no way Brindamour gets in. You're correct as well saying it's time for him to hang them up.

LRtagger
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM

I hope he agrees. I love the guy, but I can only take so many whiffed passes and missed nets.

Medford Bronco
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
If Doug Gilmour isn't a HOFer (still time for him to get in) there's no way Brindamour gets in. You're correct as well saying it's time for him to hang them up.

IMHO both are HOFers. I Loved Gilmour, especially in his Leaf Prime Days in 93 and 94. That Series with Det was great and the one with SJ was unbelievable in 94

Medford Bronco
05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I hope Tonight is when the team with Red wins. the United Center should be rocking.

Come on Patrick Kane, Sharpe, Versteeg, Havlat and Jonathan Toews get the job done.

and tomorrow night another team in Red Wins. yes wishful thinking but if we did not believe why even watch?

It is most likely going to be Pitt vs Det but I can hold out hope right.

East Coast Fan
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
and tomorrow night another team in Red Wins.

I didn't know that the Pens wore red.......

JUST KIDDING MY FRIEND!!! :lol: I know that you could use a chuckle right now, and don't give up-you're in your home building, and I really don't FEEL a sweep in this series, unless Malkin goes nuts like he did last night. Again, I think that your best bet is to keep making Fleury handle the puck, because he looks great at times and shaky at other times. We shall see my friend, we shall see. Best of luck to you and don't be suprised to see them really come out playing hard....

Medford Bronco
05-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you Chicago and Patrick Sharp.

Give my Canes hope for a Red team to win tonight I hope. :salute:

ECF you most likely win the series, I just want to win one game to start.

LRtagger
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
3 goals against in the first. Two of them a direct result of Gleason sucking.

Medford Bronco
05-23-2009, 09:07 PM
The Pens are just better. There is nothing more to say.

Malkin is going to win the Conn Smythe if the Pens win it all.

Now all I have left is the Blackhawks to root for.

The Canes are cooked. I just hope they dont get embarassed and get swept but that is what is going to happen.. Oh well.

It has been a fun ride for a team that was in 11th place in Feb.

once Fedeteko scored i knew it was over.

ECF your team is incredible. The Canes fought early in the 3rd but way too much talent for you.

The Pens dont have one World Class Player you have Two. You SHOULD win the cup with that kind of talent.

I like Malkin he is the best player on this team and was last year when Crosby was hurt he carried your team and is doing so again.

That goal the other night was one of the best I ever saw.

oh well. I want to puke now.

I dont want to write the blog but will as I am not a sore loser :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Go Pens, woo. :beer:

Medford Bronco
05-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Go Pens, woo. :beer:

Go stuff a sock in it:laugh:

yes Dream your team is awesome. I will enjoy the Finals no matter who they play. if its det I hope you smoke em. If its Chicago I hope it goes 7 full games with Game 7 going into overtime. I like Chicago and would like to see them end their Cup Drought since 61. They have classy fans as well. The Hawks fans are great. IMO

Requiem / The Dagda
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, the Pens had to suck for a while to get back to greatness. It is natural. Your team has had recent success -- spread the wealth. I hate Detroit with all my heart, absolutely abhor the Red Wings. I don't want the Blackhawks to win, but hey -- I'd rather see them win over Pittsburgh than the Wings. I'm hoping for the Pens/Hawks series.

Medford Bronco
05-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, the Pens had to suck for a while to get back to greatness. It is natural. Your team has had recent success -- spread the wealth. I hate Detroit with all my heart, absolutely abhor the Red Wings. I don't want the Blackhawks to win, but hey -- I'd rather see them win over Pittsburgh than the Wings. I'm hoping for the Pens/Hawks series.

lol recent success. Some in 06, dryness in 07-08 and a good run this year.

I just want to get ONE win and not be swept. I never thought that the Canes had any chance in this series. I just hate getting embarrased as the Canes have been in this series.

also do med a favor and read the blog, I think its fair

Malkin Leads Pens to Brink of Finals (http://nhlthoughs.blogspot.com/)

East Coast Fan
05-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Med, I'm afraid that you are right when you say that there is too much talent on Pittsburgh to handle right now; I just hope that Detroit or Chicago has the same problem when we get there against them. You guys have played two 7 game series against two tough teams, and may be out of gas. But Malkin is on another level right now, and Crosby is right behind him. Fleury still scares me in goal though at times, even though the announcers said "he doesn't seem to get rattled in there" :confused:. Maybe I'm seeing something else than they are, but he goes from great save to shaky play constantly back and forth to my mind. But we have been strong in front of him; I just hope that we can hold up against Detroit because I think that they will win their series, but we'll have to wait and see. And when they interviewed one of your players between periods (I forget who it was ) you could just see the disappointment on his face-he just looked so dejected. Your team is in the Final Four and should be proud-thats not too shabby, my friend.

And will someone PLEASE tell Versus to stop putting those STUPID ADS across the bottom of the screen while the game is going on-that is so damn annoying!!!

Medford Bronco
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Med, I'm afraid that you are right when you say that there is too much talent on Pittsburgh to handle right now; I just hope that Detroit or Chicago has the same problem when we get there against them. You guys have played two 7 game series against two tough teams, and may be out of gas. But Malkin is on another level right now, and Crosby is right behind him. Fleury still scares me in goal though at times, even though the announcers said "he doesn't seem to get rattled in there" :confused:. Maybe I'm seeing something else than they are, but he goes from great save to shaky play constantly back and forth to my mind. But we have been strong in front of him; I just hope that we can hold up against Detroit because I think that they will win their series, but we'll have to wait and see. And when they interviewed one of your players between periods (I forget who it was ) you could just see the disappointment on his face-he just looked so dejected. Your team is in the Final Four and should be proud-thats not too shabby, my friend.

And will someone PLEASE tell Versus to stop putting those STUPID ADS across the bottom of the screen while the game is going on-that is so damn annoying!!!

ECF I hope you destroy Det as that is what it seems like the matchup will be.

I just want one token win for my Canes before their home crowd tomorrow night. Show your heart Caniacs and cheer hard for your overacheiving team in 09

btw Versus sucks. I miss ESPN having the games.

underrated29
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I am so tired of seeing the gayflings in the cup. I hate that team more than anything and they are always in running for the cup. Sadly like i said before, i think anaheim was the best shot at stopping them.

Go PENS!!!! (sorry med, i dont think the canes can hang with Det)
Go PENS!!!!

Eat Poop DET!

pnbronco
05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
I am so tired of seeing the gayflings in the cup. I hate that team more than anything and they are always in running for the cup. Sadly like i said before, i think anaheim was the best shot at stopping them.

Go PENS!!!! (sorry med, i dont think the canes can hang with Det)
Go PENS!!!!

Eat Poop DET!

Yeah What he Said!!! ;) :D

I can't even watch the them, I just really can't stand the wings.... is there a upchuck smiley....

Flatinum
05-26-2009, 08:44 AM
ECF I hope you destroy Det as that is what it seems like the matchup will be.

I just want one token win for my Canes before their home crowd tomorrow night. Show your heart Caniacs and cheer hard for your overacheiving team in 09

btw Versus sucks. I miss ESPN having the games.

Add NBC to the list of stations that suck when it comes to hockey. I'm glad I get to watch hockey on quality channels.

Canes win tonight for Med 5-3.

MOtorboat
05-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Add NBC to the list of stations that suck when it comes to hockey. I'm glad I get to watch hockey on quality channels.

Canes win tonight for Med 5-3.

My cable company doesn't have versus...so I can't watch much of the playoffs at all, and it sucks. I used to be a pretty big hockey fan until I moved here and they went off ESPN.

Medford Bronco
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
My cable company doesn't have versus...so I can't watch much of the playoffs at all, and it sucks. I used to be a pretty big hockey fan until I moved here and they went off ESPN.

look onlin at Justin TV to get a stream of the game.
its better than nothing.

and Flat is right, NBC sucks. I like when Versus gets the TSN feed in the early rounds of the playoffs. Much better than their own crap

MOtorboat
05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
look onlin at Justin TV to get a stream of the game.
its better than nothing.

and Flat is right, NBC sucks. I like when Versus gets the TSN feed in the early rounds of the playoffs. Much better than their own crap

I just got back into the NBA. I would always watch when the Nuggets were on, but I watched a ton of NBA this year. Plus, its baseball season...and Greinke pitches tonight...:woot:

Medford Bronco
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Pitt was just too much for my overachieving Canes. I am happy with their Season.

When Paul Maurice was hired they were 21-20-3.. They made it to the ECF and beat Boston and NJ in Game 7s on the road. I even saw game 7 live in Boston. Best sports moment of my life at a live event.

Congrats ECF. I hope you win it all if you play Det. If you play Chicago I dont care who wins. Malkin was outstanding in this series.

my dad asked me how did pitt get both Malkin and Crosby. I told him Malkin was when Pitt sucked in 2002 or 2003. Crosby fell into your lap when after the lockout the pens drew #1 out of the hat to get the pick.

Your team is awesome and will be ready to play whomever. I think with last years experience, they will win. good luck from med :salute: