PDA

View Full Version : WR Andre Caldwell

dogfish
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
PFT just tweeted that he's signed a two-year deal with us. . .

https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTalk/status/182619925830057985

dogfish
03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/player/andrecaldwell/206/profile

he's a former bengals draft pick who never really developed. . .

Dzone
03-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Good story. He probably wont be worth a shit here either, but hey, hes a Bronco and thats ******* cool with me.

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Seems certainly capable as a #3 or #4 guy.

SR
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I wish they'd bring in Lee Evans or Plaxico Burress. Say what you will about Plaxico's past, but imagine Peyton throwing to him.

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
OH shi* Peyton's got some weapons now!!!! jk Seems like he will be a body for TC. I mean if you didn't make it with the Bengals then you pretty much.....

smith49
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Did he return kicks or punts?? I suppose he could developed under PM but he hasn't done much in his first three years.

underrated29
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
I wish they'd bring in Lee Evans or Plaxico Burress. Say what you will about Plaxico's past, but imagine Peyton throwing to him.

Manning will have that. Plax is decker. Similar size and speed, both big strong wrs. Can get separation.
I think decker has a better year than DT, and I'm one of the few who always thought DT was still good and not a bust.

I would not mind a speed guy though, hopefully Caldwell can be that guy

pipes
03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I personally like this signing.
No, it's not as sexy as Vincent Jackson or Randy Moss but he's got some skills and a bunch of speed.

Even though he's old and his talent is eroding, I'd like Denver to give Stokely a try.

Another guy, Dallas Clark, he's just bummin around Northern Iowa messing around with his winery... I'd love it if he signed on with Denver.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Andre Caldwell is 26 and this is his fifth season in the league. He's played for the Bengals 4 years and started 14 games total, never more than 5 in any season. He averages 34 catches a year.

In short he was a career backup to Chad Ocho Cinco & AJ Green. This is not an important signing in and of itself, but it probably provides some depth to the WR corps, which is important. The chances of this guy suddenly blossoming into a #1 WR for example are NIL.

But, in rotation with some others he could be useful. Manning likes to spread the ball around and will throw to whoever's open. He has speed. If the guy get open he'll get some catches.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Andre Caldwell=Eddie Royal

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM

After that drop on the game-winning TD that would've sent them to the Superbowl, I'm surprised that Lee Evans made it out of Baltimore alive... I thought for sure he was a dead man. I'm not even kidding. North and Nut know what I'm talking about.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Exactly the kinds of signings the Broncos are known for. Cheap, and make you say "WHO" ?

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Peyton Manning makes mediocre WRs look amazing, we have a couple young potential studs and a handful of mediocre guys. Don't worry about our WRs, we'll be fine. I worry more about PR/KR, let's give Peyton good startig field position and watch him demolish the AFCW.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 11:08 PM
If he can be half of what his Brother Riche (sp?) was then it will be good.

bcbronc
03-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Reche Caldwell has nice eyes.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I think its a perfect kind of WR to bring in when you have Manning as your QB. He's not a #1 type of guy, but is a fill in, a #3 or #4, and can be even better when Manning is throwing the ball. He's made a lot of mediocre WRs look REALLY good. Not a bad depth signing at all. :beer:

Medford Bronco
03-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Peyton Manning makes mediocre WRs look amazing, we have a couple young potential studs and a handful of mediocre guys. Don't worry about our WRs, we'll be fine. I worry more about PR/KR, let's give Peyton good startig field position and watch him demolish the AFCW.

Case # 1 pierre garcon. And case
2. Austin collie good
Point chaz

Jsteve01
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Caldwell is a 3rd or 4th WR. Meet Peyton who has no problem running through his reads and hitting guess who the 3rd or 4th read. Good pickup and a good kid. Not flashy but needed.

slim
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
His name is Bubba.

I like him.

Cugel
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM

They can also pick up a couple of pass-catching TEs like Dallas Clark to give Manning more targets.

I'm a LOT more concerned about the run defense now that they lost Bunkley and their DTs are Thomas (blah), Vickerson (you're kidding, right?), McBean (utter scrub), and (maybe) Ty Warren (AARP is calling). :tsk:

Dapper Dan
03-22-2012, 12:04 PM
“I don’t think I reached my full potential when I was in Cincinnati,” he said. “I think I have a long ways to go, and I think it’s going to happen here in Denver. They have great coaches and they have some great players around that will help me improve every day.”

Caldwell announced via Twitter that he will wear No. 17 with the Broncos.

Caldwell, who has returned punts and kickoffs in his career, said that he’s open to doing whatever is asked of him by the Broncos coaching staff.

“I’m all for doing whatever it takes to win a ballgame,” he said. “Return kicks, return punts—whatever they want me to do. I’m very open to it.”

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/caldwell-talks-coming-to-denver/

ShooterJM
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Bubba is a good guy. Did will for the gators and got the team award for senior leadership. Good addition to the locker room and I hope he does well here.

Buff
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I really like this signing... I remember a couple years ago he looked like he might develop into a #2 type receiver when Carson was still there. Not overly sexy, but he's got a big body and has been in the league so we won't have the dreaded WR learning curve from a rookie who might fill that role.