PDA

View Full Version : Bowling

shank
04-12-2009, 10:26 PM
am i the only bowler here? who else rolls?

Thnikkaman
04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
When I can.

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 10:29 PM
:lol:

Haha Bowling.....

(I suck at it :()

shank
04-12-2009, 10:47 PM
i don't get to here in gunny, no alley. but i bowl a lot in denver, and can't wait to graduate so i can move somewhere where i can be in leagues.

frauschieze
04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I used to bowl when I was younger. Was pretty decent for a while too. A couple third and fourth place finishes at state.....I have a ton of trophies around here somewhere. But I probably haven't been in 4 or 5 years. I'd probably be lucky to break a hundred. :tsk:

shank
04-12-2009, 11:19 PM
i had to bowl left handed for a while after i broke my femur cause i couldn't plant on my left leg. towards the end of that experiment i was averaging about 160s. we used to bowl around 10 games a week. i have only bowled like 10 games in the last 4-5 months now :(

Tned
04-12-2009, 11:55 PM
i had to bowl left handed for a while after i broke my femur cause i couldn't plant on my left leg. towards the end of that experiment i was averaging about 160s. we used to bowl around 10 games a week. i have only bowled like 10 games in the last 4-5 months now :(

I bowled in a league for about four years. Was never great, but had fun. I finally stopped, because I am not a smoker and I got tired of coming home reaking of smoke.

I also bowled left handed for over two months after breaking my right wrist. I never got up to 160, but then again, I wasn't even averaging 160 right handed :lol:

I had another stretch where I had surgery on my left wrist and couldn't use it to pickup or balance the ball during approach.

One of these days I would like to start up again. I think the local bowling alley is now non-smoking.

frauschieze
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Ironically, the best I ever bowled in a tournament was when I'd injured my right wrist on the first throw of the first game. I just had learned my curve ball a few months before, so I just reverted back. Immobilized that sucka, and threw as hard as I could. Ended up 50 pts above average when the tourney was done (not enough to compensate for my team or partner but enough to take 3rd in handicap, 4th in overall for my age group). But after that weekend, I couldn't bowl for a few weeks. It HURT. :laugh:

Trying to bowl with a cast on the other wrist is annoying as well. I can sympathize, Tned. One wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference but it does.

Man, I'm jonesin' now. Thanks guys. :tsk:

Tned
04-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Last year on a work cruise (yea, it really is work :lol:), we were on a boat with four lanes and we bowled a couple nights. I bowled like crap, I didn't have my ball (a finger tip ball) and had to bowl with a normal drilled bowl, which I hadn't done in ages. But, it got me wanting to bowl again.

I also experienced drinking and bowling for the first time. Living in a mostly dry state, unless you hide a bottle in a locker (which quite a few do), you can't just have a few beers while you bowl. It's even more fun with beer. :D

Reidman
04-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Just finishing up league this season (2 weeks left)...

High game this year for me was 259....I carry 170 avg..almost bowled my first 700 series a few weeks ago. It's a love/hate game for me. I'm so inconsistent it's not funny. Bowling high 200's one week and then next week I'll bowl a 400 series..:whoknows:

Two of the guys who bowl on my team rolled 300 games this year...they are junior pros avg. over 200.

IMO, winter leagues go waayyyy too long...6 to 7 months is a little extensive...I had forgot that when I agreed to join this year...:eek:

shank
04-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Last year on a work cruise (yea, it really is work :lol:), we were on a boat with four lanes and we bowled a couple nights. I bowled like crap, I didn't have my ball (a finger tip ball) and had to bowl with a normal drilled bowl, which I hadn't done in ages. But, it got me wanting to bowl again.

I also experienced drinking and bowling for the first time. Living in a mostly dry state, unless you hide a bottle in a locker (which quite a few do), you can't just have a few beers while you bowl. It's even more fun with beer. :D
oh yeah, beer and bowling go hand-in-hand.

Just finishing up league this season (2 weeks left)...

High game this year for me was 259....I carry 170 avg..almost bowled my first 700 series a few weeks ago. It's a love/hate game for me. I'm so inconsistent it's not funny. Bowling high 200's one week and then next week I'll bowl a 400 series..:whoknows:

Two of the guys who bowl on my team rolled 300 games this year...they are junior pros avg. over 200.

IMO, winter leagues go waayyyy too long...6 to 7 months is a little extensive...I had forgot that when I agreed to join this year...:eek:

damn! i'd say i'm more consistent, but have never had a game that good. i average in the 160s-170s now (i've never been in a league so i'm not sure of the exact number) and my high game is only a 217. i have a problem finishing games strong, don't know why.

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 10:42 AM
am i the only bowler here? who else rolls?

i do. I'm getting better but am not that good yet.

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 10:44 AM

is that a problem; bowling on the high seas?

shank
04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
is that a problem; bowling on the high seas?

i wondered the same thing.

also, i have my own ball and shoes. it helps your game a lot! the ball more than the shoes... they just save you money. but when you don't have them, it handicaps you a lot also.

turftoad
04-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Bowling is a drinking sport, right? :D

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 12:47 PM
i wondered the same thing.

also, i have my own ball and shoes. it helps your game a lot! the ball more than the shoes... they just save you money. but when you don't have them, it handicaps you a lot also.

a teammate bought me a ball for his "appreciation gift" to me last year. ( I was one of his officers in a charitable organization) it weighs 14 pounds. I also have shoes and a towel that I can use to wipe off me ball.

Rex
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
a teammate bought me a ball for his "appreciation gift" to me last year. ( I was one of his officers in a charitable organization) it weighs 14 pounds. I also have shoes and a towel that I can use to wipe off me ball.

did you blow him?

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 01:49 PM
did you blow him?

depends. before or after the purchase?

Rex
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Nut, I want to be better friends. How can that happen?

slim
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Sorry, cs...nut is not taking applications for friends at this time.

Don't call us, we'll call you.

Good day.

Rex
04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry, cs...nut is not taking applications for friends at this time.

Don't call us, we'll call you.

Good day.

Dear Slim,

Have a stroke.

tia

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Nut, I want to be better friends. How can that happen?

i think that is great goal. Let's get a formal plan together with specific milestones.

bullis26
04-13-2009, 02:49 PM
haha i might be the worst bowler in here, but it is fun to go every now and then

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 03:38 PM
haha i might be the worst bowler in here, but it is fun to go every now and then

stay off the lanes. You screw it up for the rest of us.

tia

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
i think that is great goal. Let's get a formal plan together with specific milestones.

Will you go as in depth as to creating yardstones?

BroncoNut
04-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Will you go as in depth as to creating yardstones?

No, I think that is rather superfulous

Buff
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
I'll tell you when I don't roll... On Shabbos.

shank
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
played yesterday for first time in a long time. was relatively happy with my 190 high game. 224 is still my best.

FanInAZ
07-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I bowled league in junior and senior high. I couldn't get my average above 130. My problem is I think to much. I try to think about every step and sub-step that I'm supposed to do. I can't just relax, clear my mind and let it role.

My top score ever is a 190.

I broke my right wrist in 7th grade and tried bowling left hand. I was horrable. I bowled my all time worst score at that time, 3. I got that on the single role of the ball, all of the rest went into the gutter.

Overtime
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
i used to bowl league until 2007 when i snapped my radial head bone in my right arm at work.

I used to average about 160's & 170's, and I was beginning to get my average up with improved bowling and had just bought a really good bowling ball, but breaking my radial head bone screwed everything up, and now I can barely lift the ball anymore, let alone throw it and put rotation on it.

:(

I loved bowling, and don't know if I'll ever be able to do it again. Had plenty of guys tell me I was good enough to go pro if I could get a grip on my focus.

best game ever was a 256.

Broncospsycho77
07-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I bowled a 90 last year.

sneakers
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
In high school I bowled a 231.....never got within 50 points of that since.

Timmy!
07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
I enjoy bowling, but I really suck. If i get a 120 I'm happy as can be. Screw it, at least I can drink. Beer frame FTW!