04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
lol i hate people that put a record with a QBs name

absolutely ridiculously stupid, its not baseball and hes not a pitcher

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
lol i hate people that put a record with a QBs name

absolutely ridiculously stupid, its not baseball and hes not a pitcher

best post today....

only people who dont really know anything about the game of football use Wins and Losses as a Quarterback stat... those who have actually played football realize that it takes a TEAM to win a game... not 1 position

broncohead
04-12-2009, 05:05 PM
best post today....

only people who dont really know anything about the game of football use Wins and Losses as a Quarterback stat... those who have actually played football realize that it takes a TEAM to win a game... not 1 position

I'm glad there are people on this board who understand this

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Rex Grossman 23-12. He's better than Cutler according to some here :rolleyes:

Shazam!
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
those who have actually played football realize that it takes a TEAM to win a game... not 1 position

Therefore, Cutler was not irreplaceable and since it's a team game, nobody is bigger than the whole.

BroncoWave
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow, thank you for this groundbreaking information and amazing insight! I can see you put a lot of thought into this thread!

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:03 PM
best post today....

I guess you mean the NFL, NCAA, almost every High school and Junior school in the USA, any and all sports writers, team owners, coaches and almost every fan but YOU..

wow don't you feel alone..

BeefStew25
04-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I guess you mean the NFL, NCAA, almost every High school and Junior school in the USA, any and all sports writers, team owners, coaches and almost every fan but YOU..

Sooo.....You want rex Grossman?

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Sooo.....You want rex Grossman?

no and to take that out of my response is tin foil hat time.. IMHO..

Peerless
04-12-2009, 10:22 PM
He was 17-20 but our defense sucked.

Hope that clears it up for everyone. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

BeefStew25
04-12-2009, 10:23 PM
no and to take that out of my response is tin foil hat time.. IMHO..

Oh. I am confused. You referenced win-loss records from the baby crib to the nursing home. So Rex should apply, using your geriatric method of player performance.

I am just saying. You can have him if you want. We will take Lonnie in exchange.

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh. I am confused. You referenced win-loss records from the baby crib to the nursing home. So Rex should apply, using your geriatric method of player performance.

I am just saying. You can have him if you want. We will take Lonnie in exchange.

Rex Grossman is 23-12 as a starter. I guess that means he's better than Cutler :rolleyes:

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:28 PM

Let me try again for the phonically challenged :laugh:

win loss records are one way in which QB's are judged.. :salute:

right or wrong, it is how everyone but EMB6903, judges them..

has nothing to do with whether jaysus or Rex should start in Chicago..:lol::lol::lol:

BeefStew25
04-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Let me try again for the phonically challenged :laugh:

win loss records are one way in which QB's are judged.. :salute:

right or wrong, it is how everyone but EMB6903, judges them..

has nothing to do with whether jaysus or Rex should start in Chicago..:lol::lol::lol:

Good point. I judge men by a similar stat. Saggy sack. Whiz, it might be time for you to retire.

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Good point. I judge men by a similar stat. Saggy sack. Whiz, it might be time for you to retire.

would in a heart beat not old enough.. thanks for being concerned..

BeefStew25
04-12-2009, 10:32 PM
would in a heart beat not old enough.. thanks for being concerned..

Okay, well at least quit wearing boxers.

Ravage!!!
04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
YOu can't judge an individual player based on team stats. You can always try to bring it up, but the truth is, it doesn't really hold much water. Never has.

People knew that Elway was better than Simms, and was better then Doug Williams.. but we got CLOBBERED by them in the Super Bowls.

You can say "yeah, but Elway won games." But people tried to detract from him for losing in the Super Bowls. People were trying to say that Peyton wasn't any good because he couldn't 'win the big game.' The logical people knew Manning was better than guys like Brad Johnson and Dilfer.. despite not winning the Super Bowl.

You must watch the play on the FIELD and not simply check the 'w/l' line on the stat sheet.

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Okay, well at least quit wearing boxers.

Like my jordan hanes they do not ride up and let me hang the way a man should.. :salute:

Shazam!
04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
You must watch the play on the FIELD and not simply check the 'w/l' line on the stat sheet.

Cut's 2 TDs and 4 INTs outings in three must-win Denver games for a Division title and Playoff spot is something I watched play out on the Field and didn't think of the W/L record.

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
YOu can't judge an individual player based on team stats. You can always try to bring it up, but the truth is, it doesn't really hold much water. Never has.

People knew that Elway was better than Simms, and was better then Doug Williams.. but we got CLOBBERED by them in the Super Bowls.

You can say "yeah, but Elway won games." But people tried to detract from him for losing in the Super Bowls. People were trying to say that Peyton wasn't any good because he couldn't 'win the big game.' The logical people knew Manning was better than guys like Brad Johnson and Dilfer.. despite not winning the Super Bowl.

Your correct.. But the fact is the W-L thing is tied to their neck, it is the way QB's are judged..

Everyone but loser QB's knows this and respects it.. sorry but it is the way of the world.. If Y'all want to change it start with the TV announcers and see if it will fly.. then move on the the reporters.. maybe the NFL ..

You know what they do not care nor do 95% of the fans in the world.. I suspect the goalies in soccer and hockey feel the same way but that's life..

W-L that is the standard..

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Therefore, Cutler was not irreplaceable and since it's a team game, nobody is bigger than the whole.

Cutler is a GREAT player.... great players are hard to replace....no?

Thnikkaman
04-12-2009, 10:54 PM
One must also be willing to believe that someone is going to be 100% committed to the team before giving said player that contract.

Statistically speaking (yes this is sound logic) we haven't seen enough of Cutler to know if he is a world beater. He hasn't played enough games to give us a large enough sample size to determine that.

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
One must also be willing to believe that someone is going to be 100% committed to the team before giving said player that contract.

Statistically speaking (yes this is sound logic) we haven't seen enough of Cutler to know if he is a world beater. He hasn't played enough games to give us a large enough sample size to determine that.

but but but he is a pro bowler he must be God.. :laugh:

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM

where are you getting at this JR? Im the only one who thinks it takes a team to win and not 1 individual player?

if you told an NFL coach that win/Loss records should be counted for an individual player they would laugh at you...and if every sportswriter and team owners feel that way than why doesnt NFL.com or Sports.yahoo.com or any major sports sites show the W/L record under a QB's statistic

Lonestar
04-12-2009, 11:04 PM
where are you getting at this JR? Im the only one who thinks it takes a team to win and not 1 individual player?

if you told an NFL coach that win/Loss records should be counted for an individual player they would laugh at you... and if every sportswriter and team owners feel that way than why doesnt NFL.com or Sports.yahoo.com or any major sports sites show the W/L record under a QB's statistic?

I guess I remember hearing on TV almost everytime a QB is compared or announced the W-L record come along with it....

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I'm done for tonight..

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Cut's 2 TDs and 4 INTs outings in three must-win Denver games for a Division title and Playoff spot is something I watched play out on the Field and didn't think of the W/L record.

The Denver D giving up 30, 23, and 52 points in three must-win Denver games for a Division title and Playoff spot is something that made me sick.

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I guess I remember hearing on TV almost everytime a QB is compared or announced the W-L record come along with it....

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I'm done for tonight..

no no dont leave now... It just get entertaining

please back up the "every NFL,NFL, NCAA, almost every High school and Junior school in the USA, any and all sports writers, team owners, coaches and almost every fan but YOU" statement... aside from " I HEARD IT ON TV"

You realize John Elway never won or even attended a bowl game during his college years right? wasnt he the #1 overall pick?

wasnt Jay Cutler #12 overall having a losing record in college?

I guess NFL scouts dont go by that nonsense.

isnt Joe Namath in the Hall of Fame having a winning % under 500?

I guess the HOF go by W/L records when judging a player either

Also can I ask you again without you avoiding it.... if everybody but me seems to use Wins and Losses as a Quarterback statistic than why isnt it on the official site of the National Football League?? you would think they would record w/l stats as a quarterback statistic if everybody but me thinks that way.... right?

along with cbs? or Yahoo?

Thnikkaman
04-12-2009, 11:15 PM

if you told an NFL coach that win/Loss records should be counted for an individual player they would laugh at you...and if every sportswriter and team owners feel that way than why doesnt NFL.com or Sports.yahoo.com or any major sports sites show the W/L record under a QB's statistic

Why are you arguing? Seriously? I'll happily stop posting in this thread if you give me a sincere reason. I will also happily delete this post if you feel this is a personal attack.

I only ask since this topic comes up in every Cutler thread, but people just keep wanting to beat that dead horse.

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:18 PM

you dont want to mention the 2 rushing td's and 850 yards passing... Just the 2 tds to 4 ints?

Cutler played bad but he didnt play horrible during that stretch.... usually QB's can have a few bad games but they are backed up by the rest of their team... Hell I remember 2 years ago Dallas went into Buffalo Romo threw 6 INTS and Dallas still won... could you imagine if a Broncos QB threw 6 ints in 1game? a team would have put 70+ on us.

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Why are you arguing? Seriously? I'll happily stop posting in this thread if you give me a sincere reason. I will also happily delete this post if you feel this is a personal attack.

I only ask since this topic comes up in every Cutler thread, but people just keep wanting to beat that dead horse.

I come to these forums to discuss and argue about football... not to discuss life and agree with others all the time.. Im sorry if that offends you.

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 11:21 PM
you dont want to mention the 2 rushing td's and 850 yards passing... Just the 2 tds to 4 ints?

Cutler played bad but he didnt play horrible during that stretch.... usually QB's can have a few bad games but they are backed up by the rest of their team... Hell I remember 2 years ago Dallas went into Buffalo Romo threw 6 INTS and Dallas still won... could you imagine if a Broncos QB threw 6 ints in 1game? a team would have put 70+ on us.

What was our rushing total for those last 3 games? (Not including the Eddie Royal 70-yard run vs. Buffalo)? No Running game = Cutler having to throw = Interceptions ARE GOING TO HAPPEN.

:salute:

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:25 PM
What was our rushing total for those last 3 games? (Not including the Eddie Royal 70-yard run vs. Buffalo)? No Running game = Cutler having to throw = Interceptions ARE GOING TO HAPPEN.

:salute:

no doubt.... Cutler had many bad throws this year where he forced... but what 3rd year Quarterback that is asked to throw the ball 600 times wouldnt?

Cutler is a good decision maker when asked to throw the ball around 20-25 times a game.... but when asked to huck the ball 40 times a game there is going to be turnovers... esspecially when you are 25 years old.

:::::waiting for the WELL WELL WHY DONT YOU HEAD TO CHICAGO FORUMS THEN comments:::::

Peerless
04-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I come to these forums to discuss and argue about football... not to discuss life and agree with others all the time.. Im sorry if that offends you.

Damn I like that attitude. You can be my wingman anytime at Broncomania.

Thnikkaman
04-12-2009, 11:29 PM

That didn't answer my question, and it takes a hell of a lot more than wanting to discuss football to offend me. I want to get a better understanding of what you position is on this subject and why you are defending it so steadfastly.

EMB6903
04-12-2009, 11:40 PM
That didn't answer my question, and it takes a hell of a lot more than wanting to discuss football to offend me. I want to get a better understanding of what you position is on this subject and why you are defending it so steadfastly?

Because I get annoyed with the people who base their opinions of a player on wins and losses... esspecially in football.. I could see where one would think that way in Basketball when you are only playing with 4 other players on the court.... but in football how is it possible? you are playing along 10 other players offensively, 11 defensive players and 11 on special teams.... a 53 man roster!

Football is the ultimate team sport and to credit or blame the teams success on 1 player is ridiculous..

getlynched47
04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Because I get annoyed with the people who base their opinions of a player on wins and losses... esspecially in football.. I could see where one would think that way in Basketball when you are only playing with 4 other players on the court.... but in football how is it possible? you are playing along 10 other players offensively, 11 defensive players and 11 on special teams.... a 53 man roster!

Football is the ultimate team sport and to credit or blame the teams success on 1 player is ridiculous..

But it's Jay Cutler's fault :lol:

BeefStew25
04-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I think we can all unite and agree Whiz has some super saggy testicles.

SBboundBRONCOS
04-13-2009, 12:38 AM

agreed, the only time i really ever hear wins mentioned in QB conversation was when Brett took Elways title of winningest QB ever a few years back

its so beyond ignorant to base how good a QB is based on wins/losses

at least in bball that player is on the court for nearly 75% of the game if needed on offense and defense

cutler was on the field roughly 50% of the time and could not play defense nor STs

fcspikeit
04-13-2009, 01:16 AM
agreed, the only time i really ever hear wins mentioned in QB conversation was when Brett took Elways title of winningest QB ever a few years back

its so beyond ignorant to base how good a QB is based on wins/losses

at least in bball that player is on the court for nearly 75% of the game if needed on offense and defense

cutler was on the field roughly 50% of the time and could not play defense nor STs

Even beyond that, if we really brake down the win loss #'s from last year, Cutler had the 3rd best winning % in the NFL. Look at this, I would just post it here but we can't post in spreadsheet and it's a lot easier to read in spreadsheet.. Which NFL QB was the best in 2008? (http://gridironfans.com/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=2297&entry=564)

Over the last ten years, When the deffense gives up 1-10 points, that team won 93.8% of the time. When the D gives up 11-15 that team won 74% of the time. When the D gave up 16-20, that team won 55.2% of the time. When the D gave up 21-25 that team won 42.9% of the time. When the D gave up 26-30 that team won 24.1% of the time. When they gave up 31-35, that team won 16% of the time. When the D gave up 36+ that team only won 7.1% of the time.

Cutlers #'s in each group were, 0 (There were no games 1-10) 11-15 (2)=100%, 16-20 (3)=100%, 21-25 =0 (1 game and lost) 26-30 (4) =25% 31-35 (3) = 33.3% 36+ (3) = 33.3%. Cutler had a higher winning % in every group except the one game in the 21-25 group.

The Broncos played in 11 games last year where the average NFL winning % is 46% - 7.1. The Broncos won a lot more games last year then they should have. If the QB gets all the credit and blame for wins and losses, Cutler would get credit for winning almost 3 + games last year over what the NFL average QB would have won.

Shazam!
04-13-2009, 01:37 AM
I am starting to think Cutler was the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos in recent years, whether he fails or not in Chicago. All he has done is bring division to the fanbase since he was brought in with the whole Jake Plummer fiasco that raged on even into 2007. Now this nonsense the last two months. It's sickening.

Simple Jaded
04-13-2009, 04:12 AM
I am starting to think Cutler was the worst thing to ever happen to the Broncos in recent years, whether he fails or not in Chicago. All he has done is bring division to the fanbase since he was brought in with the whole Jake Plummer fiasco that raged on even into 2007. Now this nonsense the last two months. It's sickening.

This division is Jay Cutler's fault? Is there anything that Broncos fans will not blame on the starting QB?

How bout the Middle East? That his fault?.......Global Warming?.......The Economy?.......Iran's Nukes?.......Reality TV?.......

Shazam!
04-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Deny it all you want. It's true. For how it all turned out Denver could've kept Plummer, who got ****ed by Shanahan big time.

NightTrainLayne
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't understand why so many feel that it's necessary to run-down Cutler. We were presented with a trade that gives us the ability to improve the whole team and we took it. Couple that with Cutler not being able to get along with McD and it makes a world of sense to pull the trigger on it.

That doesn't mean that all of a sudden Cutler is a hack. He's still a supremely talented QB, and I wish him well in Chicago. No reason to try and denigrate him now, it just seems like sour grapes.

By the same token, if someone wants to pretend that he is already an HOF candidate, then they should expect to hear the down-side. The reality is that Cutler is somewhere in the middle. A ton of talent, but he hasn't really done anything yet to prove that he is irreplaceable to a team. We will be just fine without him. Orton is not as good as Cutler. Orton wouldn't have won as many games here with last season's team.

The good thing is that Orton won't be playing here with LAST season's team. Instead, he will be playing here with next season's team, which will have a ton of new players with us.

BigDaddyBronco
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't understand why so many feel that it's necessary to run-down Cutler. We were presented with a trade that gives us the ability to improve the whole team and we took it. Couple that with Cutler not being able to get along with McD and it makes a world of sense to pull the trigger on it.

That doesn't mean that all of a sudden Cutler is a hack. He's still a supremely talented QB, and I wish him well in Chicago. No reason to try and denigrate him now, it just seems like sour grapes.

By the same token, if someone wants to pretend that he is already an HOF candidate, then they should expect to hear the down-side. The reality is that Cutler is somewhere in the middle. A ton of talent, but he hasn't really done anything yet to prove that he is irreplaceable to a team. We will be just fine without him. Orton is not as good as Cutler. Orton wouldn't have won as many games here with last season's team.

The good thing is that Orton won't be playing here with LAST season's team. Instead, he will be playing here with next season's team, which will have a ton of new players with us.
My feelings exactly. Cutler is a good QB and would have been a good QB in McDaniels offense. But he didn't want to be here and we might actually turn out to be a better overall team by trading him and getting value out of those picks. Now we just have to draft well. :D

Watchthemiddle
04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
He was 17-20 but our defense sucked.

Hope that clears it up for everyone. :D

Since none of the 20 loses are Cutlers fault now and ALL on the defense...

Care to post Cutlers stats in those 20 loses?

Thanks

Northman
04-13-2009, 09:32 AM

Uh oh, i think i just heard a toilet flush.

TXBRONC
04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Since none of the 20 loses are Cutlers fault now and ALL on the defense...

Care to post Cutlers stats in those 20 loses?

Thanks

Care post your idol Jake Plummers stats in 100 plus losses as pro?

Watchthemiddle
04-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Care post your idol Jake Plummers stats in 100 plus losses as pro?

Nice comeback...

Bad try though...

Nice hijack...

Next?

Anyone care to answer the question or are the results too scary to post them?

Obviously TX was too scared to try....

Anyone?

Thanks

TXBRONC
04-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice comeback...

Bad try though...

Nice hijack...

Next?

Anyone?

Thanks

Right I'm scared because you're to afraid answer the question. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Watchthemiddle
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Right I'm scared because you're to afraid answer the question. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Tool

Who posted the original question?

I love how you Jay Cutler apologists can't handle the truth when tasked with it. You have to counter with some childish response questions....

Thats freakin hilarious!!:laugh:

Anyway...

Anyone?

Again TX is trying to derail a question he can't answer.

Typical.

Thanks for playing..next?

:coffee:

weazel
04-13-2009, 10:12 AM
clarification on Cutler's record...

dude was a good QB for us, we will miss him. Too bad he didn't want to play for the Broncos.

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Nice comeback...

Bad try though...

Nice hijack...

Next?

Anyone?

Thanks

If you will look back to a post I made on page 1 or page 2, I stated that statistically speaking, Cutler has not given us a big enough sample of games played to accurately predict what kind of QB he is going to be. Basically, in 20 games, there is way too much variance to see a trend as to weather or not he will be an efficient, or error prone quarterback.

getlynched47
04-13-2009, 10:32 AM

Wow.

Unbelievable.

Oh my goodness.

Wow.

:coffee:

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 10:34 AM

Thank you. That is what I was looking for. Your point was getting muddled amongst all of the Jay Cutler fanboy crap that you were either for, against, or impartial to (I really don't care to rehash it).

The great experiment we will get the opportunity to see is weather or not it was our O-Line that enabled Jay to be great, or if he just didn't need that type of protection. Since our O-Line will remain virtually unchanged. I also don't believe that Chicago's O-Line will be vastly improved by August.

I will now refrain from posting in this thread since you answered my question honestly and without a personal attack. :duck:

broncfn90
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I hope I have the right to post a thread about my feelings on the situation since I never had the chance at my old board..

Give it up to Mcd, nah I have no respect for him so his name is Josh. Josh way to go, when you came here everybody was excited and even Cutler was excited to get things started with you. Two months later you tried to trade him, WHAT? Everybody cried, Cutler was mad but he had faith you would tell him "my bad you are my QB" and that would of been the end of it. But nope you had to lie 3 times 1. Saying you never wanted your one-year wonder play toy from New England. 2. 1st press conference you said you were excited to work with Jay Cutler, well you lied their cuz you tried to trade him! 3. When you had the last meeting you told him in right in front of his face that he still might be traded after the team said no we are not trading him. Cutler meanwhile gave you a chance to text him, call him and say "haha just playing dog lets get something to eat, and talk it over." instead of that, Cutler left and left for good, great job.

Cutler you are not getting out easy, but my words will be softer. You had the chance to man up and show up and say "hey I am the QB deal with it" and again this would be over, also not answering class is pretty womenly.

Oh and Pat Bowlen and etc, great job getting into this and stopping it you guys are awesome.

Also fellow bronco fans and media way to stab him in the back

So the bottom-line.

Josh- Has no ones respect in Denver and maybe in the nation, and will be forever known the guy that screwed something up that was not broken at all. I failed to mention that Cutler went to the pro bowl last year and still has some growing to do talent wise, and josh trades him.

Mr. Jay Cutler- You had the chance to show up and say, "I am the qb" but failed to do so, but then again it’s hard to do when you been lied too 3 times and the franchise does not even have your back.

Front office and Pat- Now we all know what happens what you will do when crap hits the fan.

the cutler haters- you guys are in denial saying he sucked, i am glad he is gone and so on, you guys will realize what we had soon enough and traded it away

Jay I will miss you, Josh does not have my respect and the front office pshhh what front office.

This is the 1st day ever I am so embarrassed I don't even want to say, "I am a Bronco fan" and the reason why is because this is not how a franchise works.

Buff
04-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Well, I can see why the other board dismissed you.

DallasChief
04-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Great post, claymore.

claymore
04-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Great post, claymore.

Shouldnt you be cruisen the pggly wiggly for porkers in you Iroc-z right now?

bullis26
04-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Mcdaniels has my respect

Players do not run the team, coaches due, no player is above the team, nor is any one player untradeable, cutler needed to realize that, and cutler didnt suck but he wasnt great, i'd take 2 1st round draft picks a third and Orton over cutler and a 5th any day

DallasChief
04-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Shouldnt you be cruisen the pggly wiggly for porkers in you Iroc-z right now?

How could you be so heartless?

claymore
04-13-2009, 02:54 PM
How could you be so heartless?

Im sorry. Even though I know what your rrefering to, I still dont like being mean to you. I <3 you.

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Mods, please move this thread to the Septic Tank with the 500000000000000000000000000 other We Did Cutler wrong threads.

powderaddict
04-13-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm probably on an island here,

But I strongly believe that the fault lies in JC's camp. It was a $$$ play, and Jay ended up getting his wish. I will never wear my Cutler jersey with his name on it again.

Josh and Bowlen publicly (and claim to have the phone records to prove they did privately as well) reached out to Cutler, and he blew them off. He blew off his teammates when they tried to contact him.

He demanded his agent be present in all conversations.

He didn't return Bowlens calls - completely unacceptable. He demands a trade, and when his demands are met states "I never wanted this to happen".

Cutler and Cook used the opportunity the trade talks (which never came to fruition) to spark the fire that would get Cutler out of Denver.

I'm excited about what McDaniels brings to the table. If you haven't yet, go to www.milehighreport.com and read the series on McDaniels, and the breakdown on the Patriots over the last few years compared to the Broncos.

There may be a transitional period, but I really believe that McDaniels is the right man for the job. I want to see a tougher Bronco team. I want to see a defense that other teams fear, that hit hard, hit fast and don't let up. I want to see an offense that can turn yards into points (and the offense McDaniels was a part of is one of the best at converting yards into points). I want to see players that want to be Broncos, that put team ahead of self.

I'm willing to give McDaniels a chance before I tar and feather him, and run him out of town.

Timmy!
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I like bacon.

http://tommychristopher.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crispy_bacon_1.jpg

underrated29
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
ah give the man a break... They werent allowed to have such discussions over there. They got sent into time out. So let the man vent his thougots a little.

BroncoWave
04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/facepalm.jpg

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
ah give the man a break... They werent allowed to have such discussions over there. They got sent into time out. So let the man vent his thougots a little.

He can do that in one of the other billion threads that have covered this subject.

My opinion on something that has been hashed out again and again doesn't deserve its own thread.

Poet
04-13-2009, 03:02 PM
He can do that in one of the other billion threads that have covered this subject.

My opinion on something that has been hashed out again and again doesn't deserve its own thread.

Apparently his does? :laugh:

LRtagger
04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
I like bacon.

http://tommychristopher.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crispy_bacon_1.jpg

BLTs are the shit

underrated29
04-13-2009, 03:05 PM

True but he is new.
Like my sons new shoe(s)
dont make him blue.

That was my little haiku.
:confused:

DenBronx
04-13-2009, 03:06 PM
you cant blame just one individual in this situation. it was all parties involved that made this go south.

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 03:07 PM
True but he is new.
Like my sons new shoe(s)
dont make him blue.

That was my little haiku.
:confused:

5-7-5 not 5-5-4

A simple haiku
cheeseburger elephant mule
shiny red ball falls up

Greatspirits
04-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I hope I have the right to post a thread about my feelings on the situation since I never had the chance at my old board..

Give it up to Mcd, nah I have no respect for him so his name is Josh. Josh way to go, when you came here everybody was excited and even Cutler was excited to get things started with you. Two months later you tried to trade him, WHAT? Everybody cried, Cutler was mad but he had faith you would tell him "my bad you are my QB" and that would of been the end of it. But nope you had to lie 3 times 1. Saying you never wanted your one-year wonder play toy from New England. 2. 1st press conference you said you were excited to work with Jay Cutler, well you lied their cuz you tried to trade him! 3. When you had the last meeting you told him in right in front of his face that he still might be traded after the team said no we are not trading him. Cutler meanwhile gave you a chance to text him, call him and say "haha just playing dog lets get something to eat, and talk it over." instead of that, Cutler left and left for good, great job.

Cutler you are not getting out easy, but my words will be softer. You had the chance to man up and show up and say "hey I am the QB deal with it" and again this would be over, also not answering class is pretty womenly.

Oh and Pat Bowlen and etc, great job getting into this and stopping it you guys are awesome.

So the bottom-line.

Josh- Has no ones respect in Denver and maybe in the nation, and will be forever known the guy that screwed something up that was not broken at all. I failed to mention that Cutler went to the pro bowl last year and still has some growing to do talent wise, and josh trades him.

Mr. Jay Cutler- You had the chance to show up and say, "I am the qb" but failed to do so, but then again it’s hard to do when you been lied too 3 times and the franchise does not even have your back.

Front office and Pat- Now we all know what happens what you will do when crap hits the fan.

the cutler haters- you guys are in denial saying he sucked, i am glad he is gone and so on, you guys will realize what we had soon enough and traded it away

Jay I will miss you, Josh does not have my respect and the front office pshhh what front office.

This is the 1st day ever I am so embarrassed I don't even want to say, "I am a Bronco fan" and the reason why is because this is not how a franchise works.

You need to get over it dude! McDaniels is our coach, cry baby Jay is gone and the Bronx will be better off in the long run. You'll see!

underrated29
04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
5-7-5 not 5-5-4

A simple haiku
shiny red ball falls up

I was using the metric system.;)

broncfn90
04-13-2009, 03:19 PM
you can move it or delete it if you want... my opinion just never got out i the other form.... sorry if i cause a stir

BroncoWave
04-13-2009, 03:20 PM
5-7-5 not 5-5-4

A simple haiku
shiny red ball falls up

That was a 5-7-6 :D

Denver27og
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM

So the bottom-line.

yea man... i feel your pain.. "the coach" will never have my respect either... but i sure do love bacon

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
you can move it or delete it if you want... my opinion just never got out i the other form.... sorry if i cause a stir

No stir. Your thread should just be merged. Rookie mistake and we will not think anything less of you for it. :D

Thnikkaman
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM

That was a 5-7-6 :D

A simple haiku
five seven five right?

Better?

Lonestar
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
merged in to an existing current cutler thread..

omac
04-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Rex Grossman 23-12. He's better than Cutler according to some here :rolleyes:

Terry Bradshaw (4 SBs) > Tom Brady (3 SBs) > John Elway (2 SBs) > Brett Favre (1 SB win, another SB appearance) > Peyton Manning (1 SB)

Trent Dilfer (1 SB) > Jim Kelly (4 SB appearances) > Dan Marino (1 SB appearance) = Rex Grossman (1 SB appearance) > Phillip Rivers (0 SB appearances)

Sounds about right. :D

frenchfan
04-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Sooo.....You want rex Grossman?Nope... I want Trent Dilfer and another SB ring ;) :laugh:

May be record doesn't tell all the story, but the job of a QB is to win the games... of course I'm not bling enough to forget it's a team work ;)
Anyway, have you seen Jay winning a "big game"???...
The only "playoff style" game he played for the Broncos was the last game of the last season... Well, our D sucked for sure... But Jay seemed lost from the beginning to the end... Sorry... I like Jay, but I didn't like his play and his behaviour in that game...

Or course he could have grown and actually be the great QB he can be with his potential... Or may be not...
We'll never know how well or how bad Broncos would have been with him and McD. He's not a Bronco anymore...

Let's face it... What is done is done (even if I think that sucks : I would have preffered to see Jay in our roster this year)... For the worst or the best, we'll have another QB (probably Orton) this year... I'm a Broncos fan and I'll be rooting for this QB and hope we'll win many games and go in the right direction... To me, that means building a D...