PDA

View Full Version : Tebow deal hit snag...

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
link and details inc.

blamkin86
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/tim-tebow-trade-hits-snag-contract-language-source-says

shank
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
good job

Ziggy
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
link and details inc.

Remind us again why you're still here.

BigDaddyBronco
Nice. Isn't Xanders the contract monkey?

Bullgator
Im hearing all over ESPN radio that the Jets have halted the deal for now... There is a 5 mil dollar clause that says that IF Tebow is traded that the jets have to pay 5 mil to the Broncos in restitution because the Broncos have to pay Tim 5 mil for trading him... details are foggy atm...

Also the NY phne lines are blowing up with callers that dont want tebow... shefter tweets

PatriotsGuy
What was wrong with the other thread that detailed this?

SR
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Good ol recapture clauses.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
What was wrong with the other thread that detailed this?

It didn't give Bullgator his full chance to properly douche.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Remind us again why you're still here.

He doesn't know what board to make a new account at yet?

slim
03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Nice. Isn't Xanders the contract monkey?

I think it was the Jet's that ****** the dog here. I guess they didn't bother to read the contract.

KOBE_LA_MEXICAN
03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
i never liked tebow.i'm glad we traded him.all we need is manning anyways he's the best!

slim
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
MO, Clay....how long before you guys start trolling the Manning fanbois?

weazel
03-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Well maybe all teams will back off now... sounds good, lets keep Tebow. I think he'll be a good weapon!

slim
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
I hope that case of mouth herpes that Jax was offering is still on the table.

weazel
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I hope that case of mouth herpes that Jax was offering is still on the table.

well herpes does hang around forever

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 03:28 PM

It's your turn.

Except, when they proclaim him the best ever, they are right.

slim
03-21-2012, 03:29 PM
It's your turn.

Except, when they proclaim him the best ever, they are right.

No, they are wrong.

smh....you disappointment me.

slim
03-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Sounds like the Jagwads are trying to get back into it....

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I wonder if the $5 Million is for any team that is trading for him. If that's the case he may be untradeable.

Npba900
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Im hearing all over ESPN radio that the Jets have halted the deal for now... There is a 5 mil dollar clause that says that IF Tebow is traded that the jets have to pay 5 mil to the Broncos in restitution because the Broncos have to pay Tim 5 mil for trading him... details are foggy atm...

Also the NY phne lines are blowing up with callers that dont want tebow... shefter tweets

Maybe both sides can agree to absorb the $5.0 million at $2.5 million each and the trade done so both sides can move on.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe both sides can agree to absorb the $5.0 million at $2.5 million each and the trade done so both sides can move on.

Nah, if I can't have it my way, I'm going to take my ball and go home.

claymore
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM

At least they have a reason to love Manning. He's a bad ass QB.

turftoad
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM

I feel bad for Tebow right now. He's a good guy but nobody wants the circus he brings with him. Probably not even Tebow himself.

G_Money
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
It is a huge circus, and it's his followers' fault. If he was just allowed to sit and learn he'd be better for it. That's not gonna happen though.

~G

camdisco24
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
There are rumors spreading that say Tebow wants no part in NY. Might be more reason for discussion on the trade.

lgenf
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Jets just fell out of deal

lgenf
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM
If Broncos want to trade T2 they need to eat the 5 mil

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Well, if they can't get a favorable deal out of the Jags then I say the Broncos should keep him. He's a capable starter and would be a decent backup and role player. If they cut him it's a bad move and shows the front office just wants to get rid of him.

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
If Broncos want to trade T2 they need to eat the 5 mil

Maybe, but Schefter just reported on ESPiN that the Jags are taking the opportunity to jump back into the Tebow thing. As Schefter put it the Jags "were devastated" when the Jets deal was announced earlier today. Guess it is wait and see time again...

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Lord works in mysterious ways... maybe he can be the hometown hero yet... you couldn't write a better story than the Jags getting to the playoffs with TT at the helm this year.... He would be saving a franchise and Jacksonville... economy could use him.

G_Money
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Him on the Jags works out best for everyone, except probably Gabbert and the OC.

But if you agree to be the OC for the Jags then you shut up and like it, so it's his own fault.

Hope it turns out with a J-Ville trip for Tebow - soon. Cuz I wanna get on with the offseason.

~G

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Lord works in mysterious ways... maybe he can be the hometown hero yet... you couldn't write a better story than the Jags getting to the playoffs with TT at the helm this year.... He would be saving a franchise and Jacksonville... economy could use him.

sports have zero to do with the economy. that's a myth that owners and folks who are having their pockets lined want ya to believe. Everybody has a finite amount of money for their entertainment. If the Jags aren't an option, they'll go bowling...or to the amusement park...or to a movie. Regardless of what each person does, they're gonna spend the same amount. Which still goes into the local economy. Maybe specific businesses may suffer, like downtowns/bars/parking garages, but the overall city economy will hardly be effected.

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
sports have zero to do with the economy. that's a myth that owners and folks who are having their pockets lined want ya to believe. Everybody has a finite amount of money for their entertainment. If the Jags aren't an option, they'll go bowling...or to the amusement park...or to a movie. Regardless of what each person does, they're gonna spend the same amount. Which still goes into the local economy. Maybe specific businesses may suffer, like downtowns/bars/parking garages, but the overall city economy will hardly be effected.

I've always wondered about this theory. Is there factual evidence behind it? Isn't it possible people could spend the money elsewhere outside of the city of save it?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:44 PM
I've always wondered about this theory. Is there factual evidence behind it? Isn't it possible people could spend the money elsewhere outside of the city of save it?

I read a study on it a few years back. Pretty solid, sensical viewpoints. It was created as a rebuttal against local govts asking taxpayers to vote to pay for stadium funding. Please don't make me look for it.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM

True, everybody has a finite amount of money for entertainment. But, they don't have to spend it. I don't spend every penny I could on entertainment unless there's something that I want to see/do. I save the money I don't spend.

So, the local economy DOES "suffer" if there's nothing I feel like doing with my money. I'm a lot more likely to buy a Broncos ticket, pay for parking, etc., to see them play now that Peyton is the QB than to watch Tim Tebow (I know a lot of people don't feel that way).

I might actually BUY a Manning Broncos jersey. And I haven't bought a Broncos jersey since Elway retired. (The old one is rather worn, but I'm a cheap ******* and I don't care!) :laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
it's possible that people could spend elsewhere or save, but I agree that most people are gonna spend a certain amount and save a certain amount.

And although the stadium/team is in Jax, people can help their own local economies if they aren't actually from Jax.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I read a study on it a few years back. Pretty solid, sensical viewpoints. It was created as a rebuttal against local govts asking taxpayers to vote to pay for stadium funding. Please don't make me look for it.

There is no financial argument FOR giving businesses "tax incentives." It's a zero sum game. Whatever business locates in your state didn't locate in some other. So the overall U.S. economy doesn't get any benefit whatever. Meanwhile they keep shipping all the jobs to India and China. :tsk:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
True, everybody has a finite amount of money for entertainment. But, they don't have to spend it. I don't spend every penny I could on entertainment unless there's something that I want to see/do. I save the money I don't spend.

So, the local economy DOES "suffer" if there's nothing I feel like doing with my money. I'm a lot more likely to buy a Broncos ticket, pay for parking, etc., to see them play now that Peyton is the QB than to watch Tim Tebow (I know a lot of people don't feel that way).

I might actually BUY a Manning Broncos jersey. And I haven't bought a Broncos jersey since Elway retired. (The old one is rather worn, but I'm a cheap ******* and I don't care!) :laugh:

but does that money go straight into savings...or do you have a few extra bucks for a nicer restaurant, concesions at a movie, etc. Ya may not realize yer spending it...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:49 PM
There is no financial argument FOR giving businesses "tax incentives." It's a zero sum game. Whatever business locates in your state didn't locate in some other. So the overall U.S. economy doesn't get any benefit whatever. Meanwhile they keep shipping all the jobs to India and China. :tsk:

agreed...yet taxpayers continue to vote yes.

lgenf
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM

you've clearly not seen a Jags home game over the last 3 years huh?

you have folks coming in from all around central and northeast FL if the Jags are viable again then a shit load of money pours into the region, and without them the entire upper half of the stadium is covered in tarps and no one goes to the games

no one watches on TV's, no one goes to the sports bars and restaurants

Tebow would be an instant draw, an instant boost to season tix, and the ones that are not season tix sell outs, would go to all the folks that cannot afford season tix, but could go to 1 game or 2

those that cannot go, or do not want to go, will go to the bars to watch, Tebow will get the National games, like he did for the Broncos, with networks battling over who gets to air their games

if you think all that is just BS, well then you simply do not understand how bad an NFL team can get

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Smile, your crazy... the influx INTO Jax from other cities because of Tebow would bring millions to that city every week. Its like saying Michel Jordan had no impact on the economy. I myself would spend at least a grand in jax every week... thats gainesville money in Jax that would not be there.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Smile, your crazy... the influx INTO Jax from other cities because of Tebow would bring millions to that city every week. Its like saying Michel Jordan had no impact on the economy. I myself would spend at least a grand in jax every week... thats gainesville money in Jax that would not be there.

you are failing to get the point. Local economy doesn't mean simply Jax. It means the economy of where each individual is from. By your point, TT to Jax actually hurts all of the smaller local economies across florida. Money is a finite, concrete thing. There is only so much to be spent. If not on the Jags...then somewhere else. Are you telling me that you wouldn't spend thet money in gainesville (or elsewhere) if ya skipped a jax weekend getaway?

claymore
03-21-2012, 05:56 PM

you have folks coming in from all around central and northeast FL if the Jags are viable again then a shit load of money pours into the region, and without them the entire upper half of the stadium is covered in tarps and no one goes to the games

Tebow would be an instant draw, an instant boost to season tix, and the ones that are not season tix sell outs, would go to all the folks that cannot afford season tix, but could go to 1 game or 2

those that cannot go, or do not want to go, will go to the bars to watch, Tebow will get the National games, like he did for the Broncos, with networks battling over who gets to air their games

if you think all that is just BS, well then you simply do not understand how bad an NFL team can get

That would last as long as he won.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
you are failing to get the point. Local economy doesn't mean simply Jax. It means the economy of where each individual is from. By your point, TT to Jax actually hurts all of the smaller local economies across florida. Money is a finite, concrete thing. There is only so much to be spent. If not on the Jags...then somewhere else. Are you telling me that you wouldn't spend thet money in gainesville (or elsewhere) if ya skipped a jax weekend getaway?

but after reading yer original post...i concede yer talking about just Jax. But I don't see why a non-jax resident would care that much about the jax economy.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
but after reading yer original post...i concede yer talking about just Jax. But I don't see why a non-jax resident would care that much about the jax economy.

I have a business there but of course.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Jimmy doesn't like snags. Snags and Jimmy--kind of clash!

I'd actually prefer the Rams wind up with him if the Jets are too stupid to read contracts. NFC team I have no ill feelings towards with McD gone.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 06:34 PM

What I found the most interesting is that Channel 4 news here in Jax posted a poll last night on whether or not Jacksonville residents wanted them to trade for Tebow...

The results? 44% said YES. 56% said NO.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
What I found the most interesting is that Channel 4 news here in Jax posted a poll last night on whether or not Jacksonville residents wanted them to trade for Tebow...

The results? 44% said YES. 56% said NO.

There's not a fan base in the league that wants him. And its because of his cult following. Even in freakin' Jacksonville. Can you imagine how brutal it will be in New York, or probably even St. Louis?

And none of this has to do with HIM.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
There's not a fan base in the league that wants him. And its because of his cult following. Even in freakin' Jacksonville. Can you imagine how brutal it will be in New York, or probably even St. Louis?

And none of this has to do with HIM.

Ironic that you'd say that.

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/12/tim-tebow-web-poll-if-the-broncos-sign-manning/

But don't worry, MO, I know this is just the cult. You couldn't possibly actual like the kid unless you are a fundamentalist suicide-bomber christian, a 40 something year old gators fan living in your moms basement, or clinically insane.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Ironic that you'd say that.

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/12/tim-tebow-web-poll-if-the-broncos-sign-manning/

But don't worry, MO, I know this is just the cult. You couldn't possibly actual like the kid unless you are a fundamentalist suicide-bomber christian, a 40 something year old gators fan living in your moms basement, or clinically insane.

Yup, because that's what I said... :rolleyes: Why don't you tune into New York sports radio tonight.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Yup, because that's what I said... :rolleyes: Why don't you tune into New York sports radio tonight.

It's not what you said?

There's not a fan base in the league that wants him.

I apologize if I misinterpreted that.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, obviously TEBOW thinks his chances are better in NY since he turned down a chance to go to Jacksonville this afternoon when the Broncos asked him what his preferences are (See Adam Schefter's Commentary (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7720305/new-york-jets-denver-broncos-complete-tim-tebow-trade-second-time)).

For the second time Wednesday, Denver has agreed to trade Tim Tebow and a 2012 seventh-round draft pick to the New York Jets for a fourth- and sixth-round pick in April's draft.

The deal was halted earlier due to language in Tebow's contract relating to prepaid bonuses and salary, but the Jets have agreed to pay half of the $5 million in compensation back to Denver to finish the trade, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Jaguars re-entered trade talks following the snag in the original deal and the Broncos allowed Tebow to weigh in on which way the deal went, a source told Schefter.

Tebow was said to be excited about the prospect of playing with the Jets, according to a source.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Can we merge the 12328999 Tebow has been traded threads. The the so called Snag is long gone

good luck in NY Tebow. You have more class than lardass coach and db defensive back and Wrs there.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Well, obviously TEBOW thinks his chances are better in NY since he turned down a chance to go to Jacksonville this afternoon when the Broncos asked him what his preferences are (See Adam Schefter's Commentary (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7720305/new-york-jets-denver-broncos-complete-tim-tebow-trade-second-time)).

Then there's ESPN's muddying of the waters:

UPDATE 9:00 p.m. ET: In what may be the first case of Schefter-on-Schefter crime, ESPN’s Adam Schefter followed his tweet explaining that Tebow will choose between the Jets and Jaguars with a tweet explaining that the Broncos will make the best decision for the franchise. Either way, Tebow is a Jet.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 09:36 PM
UPDATE 9:00 p.m. ET: In what may be the first case of Schefter-on-Schefter crime, ESPN’s Adam Schefter followed his tweet explaining that Tebow will choose between the Jets and Jaguars with a tweet explaining that the Broncos will make the best decision for the franchise. Either way, Tebow is a Jet.

Those two statements are not contradictory. The Broncos asked Tebow what he wanted. They intend to take whatever deal was better for them, but if they were reasonably close they could go with Tebow's choice. EFX said they'd like to accommodate him. And he preferred NY because the coaching staff was far more enthusiastic about getting him than Jacksonville's where the owner was dictating that they get Tebow, but the coaches don't want him.

He must have gotten the message "my idiot owner is forcing me to do this because you're a big sports hero around these parts, but if you come here I don't know when or if you'll play and frankly we aren't all that interested." Not exactly the red carpet they rolled out there in Tallahassee.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Those two statements are not contradictory. The Broncos asked Tebow what he wanted. They intend to take whatever deal was better for them, but if they were reasonably close they could go with Tebow's choice. EFX said they'd like to accommodate him. And he preferred NY because the coaching staff was far more enthusiastic about getting him than Jacksonville's where the owner was dictating that they get Tebow, but the coaches don't want him.

ESPN seemed to think it was contradictory... :shrugs:

He must have gotten the message "my idiot owner is forcing me to do this because you're a big sports hero around these parts, but if you come here I don't know when or if you'll play and frankly we aren't all that interested." Not exactly the red carpet they rolled out there in Tallahassee.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. Let's believe that.

Foochacho
03-21-2012, 11:19 PM
He made the smart move going with the Jets. Both situations give him the potential to eventually start. If he does start for New York and starts winning he will make so much more off of marketing and jersey sales. He will still have his florida market that worships him and New York. If he can up his game up he will get a ridiculous amount of money out of this deal. He better start working on his passing. His name may be called sometime this year with Sanchez sucking ass. Rex will put him in just to spite Mark if he is slacking.

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Tebow said in his conference call with NY reporters that he had no input in decision to go to NY.

Foochacho
03-21-2012, 11:22 PM
If the Jags were so devastated they didn't get him earlier why didn't they up the offer? They might of recouped five million off of the boost in ticket sales in the first game alone. Not sure what the rams wanted him for. Jeff Fisher doesn't seem like the kind of coach who would use him. He hated Vince.