PDA

View Full Version : Does it seem longer than ....

rjent
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
only 6 years since Jay Cutler was drafted by us .... :lol:

Lot's of shit has flowed under the bridge ..... :shocked:

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:20 PM
What is it? 4 QB's in 5 years? Or something to that effect? Either way, the staff has changed just as much as the position so some of it is expected at this point. Now, to have some stability for the next 5 years will go a long way. I think we are on the right track now.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Well at least we might win the SB with Manning, I don't think we ever would have sniffed the SB with Cutler.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Well at least we might win the SB with Manning, I don't think we ever would have sniffed the SB with Cutler.

I disagree but Manning is superior to Jay so he has that going for him.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
What is it? 4 QB's in 5 years? Or something to that effect? Either way, the staff has changed just as much as the position so some of it is expected at this point. Now, to have some stability for the next 5 years will go a long way. I think we are on the right track now.

Five years? You think Peyton Manning will be playing football for the Broncos at age 41?

http://tebyan-ardebil.ir/images/ec7dbafa-9957-45b2-bda6-a2bdef737829.jpg

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Five years? You think Peyton Manning will be playing football for the Broncos at age 41?

I didnt say he would be, but his contract is for 5 years so anything can happen.

catfish
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I didnt say he would be, but his contract is for 5 years so anything can happen.

they wouldn't have signed it for 5 if they didn't think he would make it 5 IMO

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Interesting factoid. If the Tebow trade goes through he will make only the 3rd QB who was drafted in the first round who will have been traded to another team before his 4th season in the league. Someone on ESPN stated that earlier today.

It is beyond sad that Denver will be responsible for 2 out of 3 of those trades (Cutler and Tebow).

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Interesting factoid. If the Tebow trade goes through he will make only the 3rd QB who was drafted in the first round who will have been traded to another team before his 4th season in the league. Someone on ESPN stated that earlier today.

It is beyond sad that Denver will be responsible for 2 out of 3 of those trades (Cutler and Tebow).

That must not account for QB's that are drafted and traded right away like Elway or Eli Manning.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 06:03 PM

No evidence to that fact whatsoever. It's easy to question Cutler's leadership, but for my money he has the best arm in the NFL and can make some throws no one else can make.

The whole whining shit and character shit is SO overblown with the guy. He's not warm and fuzzy but really that's about it.

I predict he'll get a ring.

claymore
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM

All linked to one ego maniac. Josh McDaniels.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM

McD, and cleaning up the ******* mess after McD.

I agree it's sad.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Who is the other one besides Cutler?

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
McD, and cleaning up the ******* mess after McD.

I agree it's sad.

I am so glad the McD crap is over. Now if No Show Moreno does not work out he will be next and how much is actually left from this crappy era in Denver Bronco history.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
As painful as this organization was to watch the last decade or so, it does feel like the clouds are parting and some stability will be found. I don't necessarily like the small window we've got invested at QB and hope we can find the QBOTF sooner rather than later. I will freak out if we turn into the Broncos-after-Elway when Manning is done.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 10:31 PM
No evidence to that fact whatsoever. It's easy to question Cutler's leadership, but for my money he has the best arm in the NFL and can make some throws no one else can make.

The whole whining shit and character shit is SO overblown with the guy. He's not warm and fuzzy but really that's about it.

I think his chance at a ring ended in the NFCCG.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 10:49 PM

I wonder which backup QB will finish out the last few games for him to get a ring?

tomjonesrocks
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
I think his chance at a ring ended in the NFCCG.

28 years old.

Totally feasible he could be playing another decade, long after the current greats are retired.

Yep. That window has closed...:rolleyes:

Foochacho
03-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Hoping Manning finishes out the five and then signs for another three. I can dream right?

jlarsiii
03-22-2012, 12:46 AM
That must not account for QB's that are drafted and traded right away like Elway or Eli Manning.

It doesn't. Neither Elway or Eli played a single down for the team that originally drafted them. So that factoid only counts for 1st round picks that actually played for the team that originally drafted them. I still can't find the 3rd QB that fits the scenario. I wish espn had thrown up a graph or stat so I would know who the 3rd qb was...

FlyByU
03-22-2012, 07:59 AM
they wouldn't have signed it for 5 if they didn't think he would make it 5 IMO

They do a lot of things that don't make sense and this could be another one. Elway was to bring stability to the Broncos so maybe in a few more years he can achieve that goal. Its been a long time since we had a stable FO.

Northman
03-22-2012, 08:16 AM

Well, thats not overblown. It just depends on your perspective of the incidents he has had. Clay overlooks a lot of his whining so maybe you do too. Either way, i agree with everything else. I think he will get a ring, maybe not under Lovie but i think he will definitely get one.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 08:24 AM

Hopefully JE addresses the QBOTF in the next two drafts this way the QB can learn under Manning for 3-4 years. Like Aaron Rodgers did under Farve.