PDA

View Full Version : To the tebow fans..

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
you are the reason Tebow got traded. I am 100% confident that if it wasn't for circus that follows him around, he would remain on the roster. You psychotic people who are more interested in seeing Tim play rather than being interested in seeing the team do better forced the hand of the front office to get the circus out of town. The tebow fans are the worse distraction in the league. Terrell Owens is less of a headache than the irrational tebow fans.

Dirk
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
:lol:

Nick
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
100 percent correct, i endorse this message.

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Does this mean we will sign Terrell Owens? I hope it does.

skins_fan82
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I completely agree. We were just talking about that here in the office.

Elway and Fox don't want 20,000 people screaming "Tebow" the first time Peyton throws an interception. And all the other crazy stuff that comes with Timmy.

It's really too bad, cuz I think Timmy could've had some unique packages for certain situations and could've been useful. Plus I like the kid. Oh well.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Well, sadly according to some on here they enjoy the Teboi's. But like i said, ive never seen a fanbase like it and its really unhealthy for people to be that obsessive and all it does is hurt Tebow himself.

CrazyHorse
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I'll always be a Broncos fan but at least now I have a reason to get one of those Jet's alternate jerseys to go along with my Favre one.

Nick
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
I think the Tebow fans might be officially gone.

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I think the Tebow fans might be officially gone.

lol http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71414

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I disagree...You lemmings buying into this idea of some mythical Tebow extremist movement holding the Broncos hostage is laughable.

This movement is a fantasy land movement created by the media...It doesn't exist.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:59 PM

LMAO

Dude, reading through that first page was EPIC. haha

slim
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
You are telling me that the Bronco's front office is acquiescing to fan pressure?

Ridiculous.

Buff
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
you are the reason Tebow got traded. I am 100% confident that if it wasn't for circus that follows him around, he would remain on the roster. You psychotic people who are more interested in seeing Tim play rather than being interested in seeing the team do better forced the hand of the front office to get the circus out of town. The tebow fans are the worse distraction in the league. Terrell Owens is less of a headache than the irrational tebow fans.

Amen, brother.

Reading through the comment section on the Denver Post you'd think we just traded Jesus Christ himself.

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM

post of the day.

D1g1tal j1m
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Tebow's fans aren't to blame for being traded. Elway was never sold on Tim, even during the winning streak, Elway made sure to never give too much credit to Tebow.

Elway didn't want Tebow and finally found a way to trade him without bring the Broncos fans to revolt. If Elway signed any other QB other than Payton, this kind of Trade would have brought the city on top of him.

Sad to see a great guy in Tebow go, but the Broncos moved on so now it's time for everyone else to. Hope that we didn't mortgage the future for a shot at a must win SB within the next 3 years...

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
You are telling me that the Bronco's front office is acquiescing to fan pressure?

Ridiculous.

I dont think its the only reason but i know it played a part. It played a part last year when Orton got benched. JE just doesnt want to deal with the headache of a obsessive fanbase like that and its understandable.

slim
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I dont think its the only reason but i know it played a part. It played a part last year when Orton got benched. JE just doesnt want to deal with the headache of a obsessive fanbase like that and its understandable.

They traded him because they don't think he can play. At least I hope that is the reason. If they traded him because of fan pressure, then they have no business leading an organization.

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
They traded him because they don't think he can play. At least I hope that is the reason. If they traded him because of fan pressure, then they have no business leading an organization.

Yes to the first part, that was the main reason. But the circus that comes with him in unlike any other so i know that played a part as well. Tebow didnt cost much and to have him sit on the bench wouldnt of hurt him. Problem is, the irrational fanbase of his are just not worth the headache as a normal QB sitting behind Manning would be fine.

LTC Pain
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Let Broncos' football return to the age of horizontal passing from the pocket. Sir Manning will lead us to the promised land.

Buff
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM

It's not that black and white - obviously it was a football decision first - but there is no doubt the media circus does Tebow a huge disservice from a front office point of view (unless you're the attention whoring New York Jets).

slim
03-21-2012, 02:15 PM
It's not that black and white - obviously it was a football decision first - but there is no doubt the media circus does Tebow a huge disservice from a front office point of view (unless you're the attention whoring New York Jets).

I don't know....he puts butts in the seats and generates national interest. I'm sure Bowlen hated that.

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't know....he puts butts in the seats and generates national interest. I'm sure Bowlen hated that.

Well, Manning will do that and he actually knows how to play Quarterback.

Buff
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM

If it were that cut and dry, he would have been a Jaguar yesterday.

slim
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Yeah, but that isn't really the argument.

I just don't think the crazies had a real impact on the decision. I think it was purely a football decision.

slim
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
If it were that cut and dry, he would have been a Jaguar yesterday.

Maybe, maybe not. Khan may be eyeing LA

Nick
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Please do not allow a hangup in contract! I don't want the Tebow fans coming back!

Cugel
03-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I disagree...You lemmings buying into this idea of some mythical Tebow extremist movement holding the Broncos hostage is laughable.

This movement is a fantasy land movement created by the media...It doesn't exist.

Oh, the movement exists alright. It just wasn't the sole or even the major reason they got rid of Tebow. Manning's availability was the reason.

But, to pretend that Evangelical Right-Wingers didn't make Tebow their poster-boy and howl with rage every time somebody "disrespected" Tebow is just stupid. You can hide your head in the sand if you like, but reality FM: there were a LOT of these idiots. And they swamped radio talk shows and sent nasty e-mails to John Elway and the Broncos organization and filled the offical boards.

I got banned from the official Broncos forum for arguing with those people.

Hell! I got suspended for posting this picture of Tim and his [ex]-girlfriend with the caption: "Why does Tim Tebow have such a strong grip?" :laugh:

http://www.shortarmguy.com/TimTebowGirlfriend2.jpg

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/eb4/eb4b3bb5f0641fba598b6d5b5a289cf6.jpg
Apparently this is "deeply offensive" given Tebow's Christian heritage. :rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
best post ever. Thread starter. I wish tt well but i am
So happy that we can finally wash our hands of the mcdaniels epic fail as the runner of the broncos

Best week as a bronco fan since 2005 season

We have a direction
And hope. Ironically as
Spring begins.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh, the movement exists alright. It just wasn't the sole or even the major reason they got rid of Tebow. Manning's availability was the reason.

But, to pretend that Evangelical Right-Wingers didn't make Tebow their poster-boy and howl with rage every time somebody "disrespected" Tebow is just stupid. You can hide your head in the sand if you like, but reality FM: there were a LOT of these idiots. And they swamped radio talk shows and sent nasty e-mails to John Elway and the Broncos organization and filled the offical boards.

I got banned from the official Broncos forum for arguing with those people.

Hell! I got suspended for posting this picture of Tim and his [ex]-girlfriend with the caption: "Why does Tim Tebow have such a strong grip?" :laugh:

http://www.shortarmguy.com/TimTebowGirlfriend2.jpg

Apparently this is "deeply offensive" given Tebow's Christian heritage. :rolleyes:

Meh...agree to disagree....thanks for the eyecandy though.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 04:06 PM

you meanni get to see slants outs and basic nfl throws completed consistently
For the first time in years. :salute:

echobravo
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I always felt that the derangement of the Tebow fans was directly proportional to the derangement of those who could not stand the Tebow fans. All in all it will be nice to read posts that have more heft to them than, "He's great, F*** you." and He sucks, f*** you. Been almost as bad as logging into a political website. I will be glad to see the Florida arm of these forums go away, but find myself wishing their opposites would calm down and win with a little friggen dignity.

turftoad
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Looking at this, how the hell can he still be a virgin??

I'd be all over that!!

Shazam!
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM

This

Buff
03-21-2012, 05:14 PM

There is a certain degree of irony in a Tebow fanatic calling Bronco fans lemmings.

But if nothing else we can apparently empathize with one another... Both sides of the debate think the other is being irrational.

gnomeflinger
03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Had Manning not been available, Tebow would still be a Bronco. I am willing to agree that perhaps the circus of Tebow fans may have had a contributing factor in the FO wanting to find a way to get rid of him. I do not think that they are that weak minded that they based a business decision solely on peer pressure. Tebow fans* are certainly a cancer to any message board. Live long and prosper, gangreen! :laugh: Suckers!

(EDIT) *The rabid fans who are only interested in his celebrity.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
As far as I can tell, the audience is just as loud as the performers in the circus.

scott.475
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
No, I don't buy it. I was a fan of Tebow because he was a Bronco, and he is a really decent person. And I DO completely agree that the "new" fans we got after drafting him were quite deranged. But does no one remember the record we had under the now back-up QB Orton...you know, the one who asked for his release from us so he could find a starting job somewhere else? Fact is, Tim did come in and win more than Kyle did, whether it was ugly or anything else. We won, when we didn't with Orton.

Tebow is gone because Manning was available. There are maybe a half dozen starting QBs right now that, all else being equal, would truly be safe with Peyton Manning available. If we had kept Tebow, it might be true that SOME fans would be calling for Tebow to start if Peyton was doing bad, but not nearly to the degree of what was going on with Orton starting. Orton sucked, PERIOD, and any rational Bronco fan should have been sick of his horrible play by that time. If Orton had been playing well and winning, only the Florida crazies would have been screaming for Tebow to start. I'm not a Florida crazy, don't even follow college ball that much and barely new about Tebow until just a month or two before his draft, but I was screaming for him to start because ORTON, THE BACKUP, SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED! Who wasn't sick of him by then? As far as thinking Tebow sitting behind a WINNING Manning would result in a firestorm of criticism, sorry, I don't buy it. You want me to believe that EFX are worried about getting criticized for not starting Tebow if we are sitting on a 12, 13, 14 win season? That is crazy talk. The converse of that is, you would have to believe EFX are expecting to have sub-par seasons with Manning, which WOULD bring criticism.

I guess my point is, don't let the behavior of the Florida crazies make you think that there were thousands and thousands of long term Bronco fans, like me, who were so sick of Orton we just wanted to see anything else.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
The theory that a team started a player because of the lunatic fringe fanbase for that player is simply down right retarded.

The theory that a team then traded the same player because of the lunatic fringe fanbase is even more retarded.

Team's don't give two rats a$$es about their fans when it comes to the roster. George Foster over Steven Jackson should have taught you that! :tsk: And some people call me the conspiracy theorist.

If you believe the original post than you haven't a clue how real football men work! Michael Vick was THE MOST HATED man in the country at one point. There was a large outcry when Philly signed him to get rid of him. Why didn't they? :confused: Perrish Cox, who should probably be in prison, is playing for the 49ers. How many shots did Lawrence Philips get? Ray Lewis is still called a murderer by many. Many wanted him gone. Why didn't Baltimore get rid of him? :confused:

Finally, by asserting this kind of bullshit you are shitting all over John Elway as a FO type as well as Xanders and Fox. You are suggesting that they got rid of a QB with a winning record, fresh off a division title, a home playoff victory, and then some, only because they don't like Tebow's fans. Do you really think they are that weak???????
This is about football and NOTHING else.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
I've been trying to study the 'circus' and from what I can tell it largely boils down to;

1. Christians who want Tebow to be their avatar on earth and use his every move to throw their faith into peoples faces

2. Atheists who foam at the mouth at seeing Christians have any excuse to feel like they have a soul and react accordingly

There's others too, but these 2 groups seem to be the craziest.

DenBronx
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
To all the Tebowites.

You are a bunch of ass clowns and you messed up a good thing here in Denver. Alot of us long time Bronco fans really did like Tebow but the circus you all caused made him exit Denver early. He could have been a franchise QB for us but your ignorance and unpatience was Tebows nail in the coffin as a Bronco. Elway didnt want to deal with it. Bowlen didnt want to deal with it and Fox didnt want to deal with it.

Do all of us Broncos fans a favor and go be Jets fans now. We will go ahead and win a Super Bowl.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I just cant wait for this to be all over with and we can focus on the Denver Broncos and what we need as a team to get better.

There are still a lot of holes to try to fix. Good luck to Tebow in NY. He will run the wildcat offense there IMO. I hope that his
teammates there stop acting like the Dbs that they are like Cromartie amongst others.

I dont think he is a good NFL qB, but does have a place in this league with his abillity as an athlete.

he reminds me of Kordell Stewart, and Kordell threw the ball much better than him. Just my humble op

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:31 PM
To all the Tebowites.

You are a bunch of ass clowns and you messed up a good thing here in Denver. Alot of us long time Bronco fans really did like Tebow but the circus you all caused made him exit Denver early. He could have been a franchise QB for us but your ignorance and unpatience was Tebows nail in the coffin as a Bronco. Elway didnt want to deal with it. Bowlen didnt want to deal with it and Fox didnt want to deal with it.

Do all of us Broncos fans a favor and go be Jets fans now. We will go ahead and win a Super Bowl.

Go F yourself DenBronx. I was a Tebow fan here before many. I got called crap for being critical of Orton during the 6-0 run. I got called crap for turning on Cutler after the best damn appearance and saying he had a high probability of not maturing. At least some of us can THINK for OURSELVES. WHO the hell are you to tell anyone who to go root for? :confused: Maybe all the Orton fans should be going to Dallas via KC and Cutler fans in Chicago. Who would that leave here? PLEASE TELL ME.

Finally, this assertion that Tebow was traded because of the fan base is fuggin stupid! It suggests that Elway is so mentally weak that he would trade a "could be franchise QB" as you put it and risking his legacy FOREVER simply because of fans. Bowlen didn't want to handle it? Link? Article?

Seriously, the people that blindly hated tebow are worse than the fanbois. He brought more in less time and with less than Orton did. He made this franchise matter again and all some people can do is post crap like you did. Are you sure you are a fan? :confused:

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:35 PM

LMFAO they disabled registration!!!! too many apostles showing up trying to find their way to heaven!

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:40 PM

slim?? Broncos sell out every game so that snot a factor, and the Broncos are actually one of the most popular teams as well so that isnt bad either.... not to mention that Manning probably does puts butts in the seats and generates national interest as well... only he does that with legitimate football fans, not bi-polar religious fanatics.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:43 PM
slim?? Broncos sell out every game so that snot a factor, and the Broncos are actually one of the most popular teams as well so that isnt bad either.... not to mention that Manning probably does puts butts in the seats and generates national interest as well... only he does that with legitimate football fans, not bi-polar religious fanatics.

Funny, because that is why Tebow went in as a rookie. The sales weren't there and the fans had walked out in droves during the previous home games.

The haters, like yourself, have a hard time remembering how bad and low and forgotten the Broncos were because of McDoof. You can't at least be appreciative of the fact that Tebow did more in 15 games than Orton did in 36! He did more than Cutler could, too.

Have some respect for the kid. He is the 1st reason Manning is here. Without a home playoff game and win over Pitt, Elway has no shot at credibly selling Manning on Denver.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Funny, because that is why Tebow went in as a rookie. The sales weren't there and the fans had walked out in droves during the previous home games.

The haters, like yourself, have a hard time remembering how bad and low and forgotten the Broncos were because of McDoof. You can't at least be appreciative of the fact that Tebow did more in 15 games than Orton did in 36! He did more than Cutler could, too.

Have some respect for the kid. He is the 1st reason Manning is here. Without a home playoff game and win over Pitt, Elway has no shot at credibly selling Manning on Denver.

I wish Cutler could have had the defense that Tebow had this year. He would have done so much better that TT this year. Water in the bridge. Josh sucks still for this.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I wish Cutler could have had the defense that Tebow had this year. He would have done so much better that TT this year. Water in the bridge. Josh sucks still for this.

I know right. I still am suspect a bit about Cutler. Not as much as in the past. This fanbase hasn't been the same since his trade. Hopefully now that Tebow is gone, things can get back to normal.

Nomad
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Perhaps leaving the past behind us, this forum can move forward.

Broncos Mtnman
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Check this out....

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/104178-new-jet-fan-here/

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Perhaps leaving the past behind us, this forum can move forward.

Amen to that Nomad. I just want the Broncos to reach the level of the 96-98 teams or the very least 2005 team. That would make all of us smile one would think?

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Check this out....

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/104178-new-jet-fan-here/

Wow a Patriots fan must be screwing with them :lol:

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Wow, I gotta saw, I didn't think they would be that welcoming. There were a few who reacted predictably, but overall, way more civil than I expected.

Nomad
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Amen to that Nomad. I just want the Broncos to reach the level of the 96-98 teams or the very least 2005 team. That would make all of us smile one would think?

Yeah, Med, those were awesome times. Perhaps BRONCO fans needed to be humbled a little. Should be exciting times ahead......I hope EFX finds all the right pieces.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM

I am glad that you ended up with "irrational tebow fans", because I, for one, as a Bronco fan, enjoyed seeing Tim play, and I will always be a fan of his. He is a special person.

weazel
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow, I gotta saw, I didn't think they would be that welcoming. There were a few who reacted predictably, but overall, way more civil than I expected.

they haven't got to know the apostles yet, give them time

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
they haven't got to know the apostles yet, give them time

You're right, they will turn the board there bitter, skeptical and unforgiving in no time.

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
This is disturbing. Hasn't even been 24 hours.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554520_3651713937190_1404770482_33537406_139371258 7_n.jpg

DenBronx
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Go F yourself DenBronx. I was a Tebow fan here before many. I got called crap for being critical of Orton during the 6-0 run. I got called crap for turning on Cutler after the best damn appearance and saying he had a high probability of not maturing. At least some of us can THINK for OURSELVES. WHO the hell are you to tell anyone who to go root for? :confused: Maybe all the Orton fans should be going to Dallas via KC and Cutler fans in Chicago. Who would that leave here? PLEASE TELL ME.

Finally, this assertion that Tebow was traded because of the fan base is fuggin stupid! It suggests that Elway is so mentally weak that he would trade a "could be franchise QB" as you put it and risking his legacy FOREVER simply because of fans. Bowlen didn't want to handle it? Link? Article?

Seriously, the people that blindly hated tebow are worse than the fanbois. He brought more in less time and with less than Orton did. He made this franchise matter again and all some people can do is post crap like you did. Are you sure you are a fan? :confused:

This post pretty much sums it up.

Again, the front office wanted to dump Tebow and Tebowmania any way they could. They we're classy in the way they did it, unfortunately we still have a few ass clowns that will choose to linger around.

So why don't you go find the highest bridge and JUMP!!!!

NC_Broncosfan
03-21-2012, 11:57 PM
you are the reason Tebow got traded. I am 100% confident that if it wasn't for circus that follows him around, he would remain on the roster. You psychotic people who are more interested in seeing Tim play rather than being interested in seeing the team do better forced the hand of the front office to get the circus out of town. The tebow fans are the worse distraction in the league. Terrell Owens is less of a headache than the irrational tebow fans. You Hit the Nail on the head now I was a Tim fan but I was not like the Biber fans the turn to Tim lol

NC_Broncosfan
03-21-2012, 11:59 PM
This is disturbing. Hasn't even been 24 hours.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554520_3651713937190_1404770482_33537406_139371258 7_n.jpgYeah they got Manning at the NFL shop But I just do not like how they look right now