PDA

View Full Version : Denver FO covering asses again.

Pages : [1] 2

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
How much of this is that the FO doesn't want Tebow to go to Jax? He would certainly start and IF Tebow turns that shity team into a playoff team then Elway and co. look very foolish... Jax would have given a 3rd.

So they ship him to NY knowing he will be only a role player. Shame on them.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
You know they would have given a 3rd how? Prove it and you've got a legit conspiracy. Without proof, you just sound like a loon.

Give it up, it's over.

Mike
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Link?

Foochacho
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
You're a dumbass. Please go to the jets boards now.

turftoad
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
How much of this is that the FO doesn't want Tebow to go to Jax? He would certainly start and IF Tebow turns that shity team into a playoff team then Elway and co. look very foolish... Jax would have given a 3rd.

How do you know Jax woulod have given them a 3rd. Are you an insider?

Here's a new home for you my friend.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/104135-jets-trade-tebow-for-4th-round-pick/

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I wish I had that kind of inside info

BigDaddyBronco
Come on. The Jags will let it slip if they were going to give up a 3rd. Just to appease their fan base if they had to. Gene Smith just shit in his hand. That is all.

Bullgator
Hey its a smart move by the FO... whatever you do DONT send him to Jax... He will haunt your ass.

chazoe60
Like I said in another thread Bull, Jax was owner driven at least for Tebow's sake the Jets interest was Football driven.

Your boy will bounce back no matter where he goes. Plus, we get to watch that mental midgetark Sanchez wilt under the pressure of Tebow and his fans. I can't wait till the first Sanchez cry-a-thon. :laugh:

slim
03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I agree Bull....let's burn this mother down.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I been @ jetnation for 2 years :cool:

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I thin Rex Ryan will figure out how to use him, he's a good coach. Tebow might just be EXACTLY what that locker room needs. This may be as much a locker room move as anything by the JETS. He could supplant Sanchez as the starter sometime this season. I will be rooting for Tim. Can't stand the JETS, but I will be cheering Tim on to do great things.

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Jags didn't want him for football reasons

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Like I said in another thread Bull, Jax was owner driven at least for Tebow's sake the Jets interest was Football driven.

Your boy will bounce back no matter where he goes. Plus, we get to watch that mental midgetark Sanchez wilt under the pressure of Tebow and his fans. I can't wait till the first Sanchez cry-a-thon. :laugh:

I always loved you Chaz. You are a class guy and i will go to bat for you anytime my brother.

silkamilkamonico
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM

It's because of tebois like you is why they are trading him in the first place. Thanks alot for that. Because of you Denver had to trade their future QB in the first place.

I'm sure Tebow really appreciates you.

blamkin86
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Jax would have given a 3rd.

Sure, we took a 4th, instead of a 3rd, just to screw over a guy who helped us to a playoff win. Right. Tim I will certainly miss. This delusional paranoid nonsense I will not.

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Schefter reports that the Jets offer blew the Jaguars offer "out of the water".

/endthread.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
**** off already you useless ****

ok man I'm out... just hold your breath...

slim
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Schefter reports that the Jets offer blew the Jaguars offer "out of the water".

/endthread.

Any details? Like was Jax offering a case of mouth herpes?

weazel
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
ok man I'm out... just hold your breath...

I wont have to, you'll be banned in no time. You and your insane group are the reason the Broncos want to rid themselves of tebow... too bad you're too retarded to see that.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I wont have to, you'll be banned in no time. You and your insane group are the reason the Broncos want to rid themselves of tebow... too bad you're too retarded to see that.

:cool:

GEM
03-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Knock off the personal attacks.

Northman
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
lmao

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Bull, seeing as how you and people like you directly contributed to Tebow being run out of town because of your ridiculous man worship, your billboards, and your Twitter spam to our HOF Executive Vice President and every person who would listen, I'm not exactly in the mood to be lectured by you and your ilk.

I loved having Tebow here and you and your cult are partially the reason why he is no longer here... So, the Jets message board is that way ---->

Now, please go **** yourself with your new Jets fans...

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Bull, seeing as how you and people like you directly contributed to Tebow being run out of town because of your ridiculous man worship, your billboards, and your Twitter spam to our HOF Executive Vice President and every person who would listen, I'm not exactly in the mood to be lectured by you and your ilk.

I loved having Tebow here and you and your cult are partially the reason why he is no longer here... So, the Jets message board is that way ---->

well if you don't get banned for telling me to go **** myself then Im golden... Be SURE I will be right here rubbing this mistake in for years.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, Teboi's are so much better than Mannites.

claymore
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I thin Rex Ryan will figure out how to use him, he's a good coach. Tebow might just be EXACTLY what that locker room needs. This may be as much a locker room move as anything by the JETS. He could supplant Sanchez as the starter sometime this season. I will be rooting for Tim. Can't stand the JETS, but I will be cheering Tim on to do great things.

I think the Jets were the best football move for Tebow. He can make an impact right away, push Sanchez and be an example to the losers in the locker room. Good for Tim, I know all the Florida phags wanted him close, but Jacksonvilee, despite what they say dont want Tebow...

claymore
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM

I would say they are the major reason.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't love this move and don't think the LOW 4th is anything to get excited about. Tebow will probably have 6-8 TDs next year for the Jets--a franchise I don't care for at all. If they actually convince him to be a part time halfback or TE I'll be more than frustrated watching Rex pump his fists. Would have rather seen him in Jax--that might have given me something to shift over on the Ticket while surfing around. I hope Tebow does well in NY but I don't particularly want to watch him do well for THEM.

That said at LEAST we didn't give him to the ******* Patriots like many were suggesting. McD benefitting ever again from the Broncos is something that CANNOT happen. Even suggesting it makes me want to break everything in my house.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I think the Jets were the best football move for Tebow. He can make an impact right away, push Sanchez and be an example to the losers in the locker room. Good for Tim, I know all the Florida phags wanted him close, but Jacksonvilee, despite what they say dont want Tebow...

Jacksonville is setting up for a move to LA, they can't be in a position where a player brings in extra fans.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM

Gabbert is sighing a breathe of relief right now. lol

slim
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM

The Jets are a perfect fit. Rex Ryan is an expert on footwork.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM

I do think Tebow kinda got screwed but if Jax was offering a 3rd he would have went there...

Maybe Elway doesn't like Tebow, i don't know, but to say that Elway hates Tebow so much that he is willing to take a worse deal just to screw Tim over is absurd.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Weezy, how many guys like Bullgator are there? Do you really think they bother Elway even the least bit?...

I guess if you saw a black dude rob a convienence store you would think that all black dudes are robbing convenience stores...:coffee:

Guys like Bull are a small minority and it is laughable to think that Elway would make any decisions based on what a few anonymous nerds hiding behind a computer have to say.

Tebow is gone because EFX doesn't think he's good enough...end of story.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I do think Tebow kinda got screwed but if Jax was offering a 3rd he would have went there...

Maybe Elway doesn't like Tebow, i don't know, but to say that Elway hates Tebow so much that he is willing to take a worse deal just to screw Tim over is absurd.

Not to screw Tim... but to cover his ass... how would it look if Tebow goes to Jax as an immediate starter and takes that team to the playoffs like he did the Broncos? Meanwhile Manning takes a hit and is out... Now you have Hanie shitting all over your season.. How would that look for the FO?

At least in NY you know Tebow will only be a role player AND what Elway WANTS is for Tebow to go to NY and start a QB controversy. That would solidify this decision. "SEE Tebow is a cancer to that program as he was to ours!"

This could not happen at Jax... Gabbert sucks, no QB controversy there.

Bottom line is that Elway does not want this decision to haunt him. BUT IT WILL.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Not to screw Tim... but to cover his ass... how would it look if Tebow goes to Jax as an immediate starter and takes that team to the playoffs like he did the Broncos? Meanwhile Manning takes a hit and is out... Now you have Hanie shitting all over your season.. How would that look for the FO?

At least in NY you know Tebow will only be a role player AND what Elway WANTS is for Tebow to go to NY and start a QB controversy. That would solidify this decision. "SEE Tebow is a cancer to that program as he was to ours!"

This could not happen at Jax... Gabbert sucks, no QB controversy there.

Bottom line is that Elway does not want this decision to haunt him. BUT IT WILL.

From that aspect, I see what you are saying and it makes some sense, but I still don't buy it.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
All black guys do rob convenience stores, but that's for another thread.

slim
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Omg!

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Weezy, how many guys like Bullgator are there? Do you really think they bother Elway even the least bit?...

I guess if you saw a black dude rob a convienence store you would think that all black dudes are robbing convenience stores...:coffee:

Guys like Bull are a small minority and it is laughable to think that Elway would make any decisions based on what a few anonymous nerds hiding behind a computer have to say.

Tebow is gone because EFX doesn't think he's good enough...end of story.

Be careful van... "guys like Bull"? this board vilifies me because im not a bronco fan. period. dont sell out to separate yourself from the "likes" of me or my "ilk". In the end the only diff between me and you is your more willing to sell out to appease the natives. there is nothing insane about what i post. just because they don't agree with me doesn't make me crazy.

there is not one fan here that is less fanatical about their team and Elway than I am about mine and Tebow.

Dont be a hypocrite and dont buy into their propaganda just because we cheer for different teams. shame on you man.

Rex
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Poor Jets fans dont know what they are in for.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
In the end the only diff between me and you is your more willing to sell out to appease the natives.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Poor Jets fans dont know what they are in for.

Have you ever visited the Gang Green or Jetsinsider boards? It should be a huge cluster**** all the way around :D

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Be careful van... "guys like Bull"? this board vilifies me because im not a bronco fan. period. dont sell out to separate yourself from the "likes" of me or my "ilk". In the end the only diff between me and you is your more willing to sell out to appease the natives. there is nothing insane about what i post. just because they don't agree with me doesn't make me crazy.

there is not one fan here that is less fanatical about their team and Elway than I am about mine and Tebow.

Dont be a hypocrite and dont buy into their propaganda just because we cheer for different teams. shame on you man.

How exactly am I selling out? I'm not following you there.

BroncoJoe
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Jets gave us a 4th and a 6th

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
In similar news, the US government was found to have played a significant role in the Kennedy assassination and 9/11 bombings...the Apollo moon landing was indeed filmed in Hollywood...I had lunch with aliens at Area 51...and Tupac just sent me a text

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
How exactly am I selling out? I'm not following you there.

By in large we agree on many things... not all things... but for the most part we see eye to eye. But because I am outspoken I get hammered on these boards, because I dont cowtow... I dont bend over and because of that people here hate me...

You dont want that for yourself and so even though we may agree you sell out and bash me so that the natives dont tear you apart like they try and do me. You try and separate yourself.

you use me as a buffer... this is not the first time you have bashed me to save your stance. Im outspoken you are not... leave it at that... to vilify me as they are to avoid the fallout makes you a sell out.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
you also gave up a 7th

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
you also gave up a 7th

If this doesnt scream I am not a Broncos fan...only a Tebow lover, then I dont know what does

Buff
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Your services are no longer needed here. Please get in touch with Denver Native Carol though, as I believe we have a couple of nice parting gifts for you.

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
in the last few years the broncos have traded brandon marshall, tony scheffler and jay cutler to their hometown/state or favorite teams. these players were much larger divas and headaches to the team than tebow ever was (and, for the record, i think tebow handled himself very well while in denver). given that track record of treating their outgoing players quite well, the theory that denver would not trade tebow to jax feels ridiculous.

try trolling later.

Rex
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Your services are no longer needed here. Please get in touch with Denver Native Carol though, as I believe we have a couple of nice parting gifts for you.

Can I tell Lugnut to suck my ass yet or will that still come with stiff penalties from the Gestapos here?

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 02:10 PM
By in large we agree on many things... not all things... but for the most part we see eye to eye. But because I am outspoken I get hammered on these boards, because I dont cowtow... I dont bend over and because of that people here hate me...

You dont want that for yourself and so even though we may agree you sell out and bash me so that the natives dont tear you apart like they try and do me. You try and separate yourself.

you use me as a buffer... this is not the first time you have bashed me to save your stance. Im outspoken you are not... leave it at that... to vilify me as they are to avoid the fallout makes you a sell out.

Ok..I think you are under the impression that I'm not a "Native"....I am a Native, so therefore I'm not selling out.

Born and raised in Colorado Springs, left to join the Army at 19, luckily spent 3 years in the Army stationed at Fort Carson, after I got out of the Army my experience landed me a job in South Florida 7 years ago, where I became familiar with Tebow and a huge fan of him.

Any more questions?

slim
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Rex, you can't make a shot if you don't take it.

NTL said that today. I think he was giving you a green light.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Can you at least be original... Not going anywhere Buff.

Coach, I dont hate the DB... would love for them to be successful.. but its not a crime to not be a die hard fan... I never blew smoke... don't understand this Nazi mentality.

I'm a fan of Tebow the man and a native Gator... why is that bad??

Rex
03-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Rex, you can't make a shot if you don't take it.

NTL said that today. I think he was giving you a green light.

Should I start a Suck My Ass thread for the Tebois?

MOtorboat
Teboi on Teboi abuse! Oh its getting ugly...

(sorry van, I know you're a Broncos fan, but I couldn't resist)

slim
Should I start a Suck My Ass thread for the Tebois?

Yes.

Rex
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes.

Stand by

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok..I think you are under the impression that I'm not a "Native"....I am a Native, so therefore I'm not selling out.

Any more questions?

never said you weren't... the sell out part has nothing to do with team colors.

swaiy
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I was hoping he went to JAX whether it haunted us or not. Not everybody gets a happy resolution but it was a nice thought. I still think he will make it back there some day; hopefully, as a decent QB that becomes a hometown hero on the NFL level.

As far as the Broncos "covering their ass," ... speculation. Even if that was the case, its always a business first. I wish we could have kept him but I'm always going to side with my Broncos before anything. I'm just glad I don't get paid to have to deal with this shit 40+ hours a week. I'll continue watching Tebow and rooting for him but I refuse to root for the Jets. Yuck! They don't deserve someone of his character on that team lol.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I was hoping he went to JAX whether it haunted us or not. Not everybody gets a happy resolution but it was a nice thought. I still think he will make it back there some day; hopefully, as a decent QB that becomes a hometown hero on the NFL level.

As far as the Broncos "covering their ass," ... speculation. Even if that was the case, its always a business first. I wish we could have kept him but I'm always going to side with my Broncos before anything. I'm just glad I don't get paid to have to deal with this shit 40+ hours a week. I'll continue watching Tebow and rooting for him but I refuse to root for the Jets. Yuck! They don't deserve someone of his character on that team lol.

Well said.

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Can you at least be original... Not going anywhere Buff.

Coach, I dont hate the DB... would love for them to be successful.. but its not a crime to not be a die hard fan... I never blew smoke... don't understand this Nazi mentality.

I'm a fan of Tebow the man and a native Gator... why is that bad??

Your comment said "YOU also gave up a 7th."

Anyone else here would have said WE also gave up a 7th. Unless we were referring to fans of a team different from OURS

slim
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM

Anyone else here would have said WE also gave up a 7th. Unless we were referring to fans of a team different from OURS

To be fair, rationalfan wouldn't have said "we"...he thinks that kind of talk is silly.

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
At the end of the day, I think going to NY might be the best move for him. He can step into the Brad Smith role and see more field time while scaring the hell out of Sanchez and having his shot at the job when he melts down. if he's successful, then he gets the adoration of a huge market.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
never said you weren't... the sell out part has nothing to do with team colors.

It's people like you that feed the discontent with Tebow...And that's why I resent you.

There aren't as many out there as some make it out to be, but like they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

I don't think people like you had one thing to do with Tebow being moved, but people like you help to create the false perception among other fans that Tebow has tons of annoying fans, when in fact, there are only a handful that say outlandish things like you sometimes do.

I'm sorry if you felt that I sold you out...That's not accurate at all because I despise some of the things you (and people like you) say just as much as other Bronco fans do, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Most find you annoying because of your unabashed outlandish remarks defending Tebow, I find you annoying because your unabashed outlandish remarks feed into the false perception that any fan of Tebow is a Zealot, Tebowite, Fanboi, Tebagger, etc...

There were several fans of Tebow that came on here and had very good input and insight during Tim's time here...You were not one of them (at least sometimes..you did have your moments).

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM

Your not getting me coach... why is it bad that I'm not a die hard Bronco fan? Why should I say WE? Have I ever said that I am a die hard fan?

I like the DB... but be sure Im not a fan as you are. This is YOUR team. Always has been. My name is not Bullbronco...

Cugel
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
The real question is this: How can Mark Sanchez spend all his energy banging hot super-models this season with Tebow looking over his shoulder? This is really going to negatively impact Sanchez's ability to concentrate on what's really important! :tsk:

http://famewatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda-gq-3.jpg

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Man, you guys are arguing over some really stupid shit right now. Tebow got traded, some of us aren't happy about it, some are, why the **** does it have to be any more than that? It is what it is.

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
It's people like you that feed the discontent with Tebow...And that's why I resent you.

Well said.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM

There aren't as many out there as some make it out to be, but like they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

I don't think people like you had one thing to do with Tebow being moved, but people like you help to create the false perception among other fans that Tebow has tons of annoying fans, when in fact, there are only a handful that say outlandish things like you sometimes do.

I'm sorry if you felt that I sold you out...That's not accurate at all because I despise some of the things you (and people like you) say just as much as other Bronco fans do, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Most find you annoying because of your unabashed outlandish remarks defending Tebow, I find you annoying because your unabashed outlandish remarks feed into the false perception that any fan of Tebow is a Zealot, Tebowite, Fanboi, Tebagger, etc...

Your accusations are unfounded and hypocritical. Its easy to vilify the minority as you are doing. The feeling here is "its bad enough that you are here as a gator fan but how dare you speak your mind?!"

Imagine replacing team colors with skin colors... are you not a Nazi? I have done nothing wrong at all... IF YOU THINK that some of my comments are "outlandish" it is only an opinion. I am nothing different than anyone here other than I am not a die hard fan of the Broncos... and happen to be on a Bronco board. You resent me because I'm annoying you? LOL I guess the Jews annoyed the Nazis too.

If me thinking that Tebow is going to be a great player + not taking shit laying down = annoying then by all means tear your hair out. But I dont resent you... I mourn for you.

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Go check out "Gang Green"... Jagsbch has already invaded and it telling all the JETS fans that Elway hates Tebow, the Jags offered a 3rd, Elway sent him to NY just to derail Tebow's career, etc, etc, also to be on the look out for a trade between the JETS and Jags coming later today for Tebow...

The invasion has begun. Their message boards are about to be engulfed.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Go check out "Gang Green"... Jagsbch has already invaded and it telling all the JETS fans that Elway hates Tebow, the Jags offered a 3rd, Elway sent him to NY just to derail Tebow's career, etc, etc, also to be on the look out for a trade between the JETS and Jags coming later today for Tebow...

The invasion has begun. Their message boards are about to be engulfed.

I agree... btw the trade has hit a hicup... 5 mil in fine print has NY backpedaling..

+ the reception in NY has been ICE COLD... very negative... looks like Tebow might go to Jax anyhow... fingers crossed.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Your accusations are unfounded and hypocritical. Its easy to vilify the minority as you are doing. The feeling here is "its bad enough that you are here as a gator fan but how dare you speak your mind?!"

Imagine replacing team colors with skin colors... are you not a Nazi? I have done nothing wrong at all... IF YOU THINK that some of my comments are "outlandish" it is only an opinion. I am nothing different than anyone here other than I am not a die hard fan of the Broncos... and happen to be on a Bronco board. You resent me because I'm annoying you? LOL I guess the Jews annoyed the Nazis too.

If me thinking that Tebow is going to be a great player + not taking shit laying down = annoying then by all means tear your hair out. But I dont resent you... I mourn for you.

Thank you for your concern...I'm done discussing it with you Bull...

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM

:lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol: MORE CONSPIRACIES ARISE!! Now Elway is scared of him in Jax. Never ends. :lol:

wayninja
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
there is nothing insane about what i post. just because they don't agree with me doesn't make me crazy.

this needs to go into a signature.

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I agree... btw the trade has hit a hicup... 5 mil in fine print has NY backpedaling..

+ the reception in NY has been ICE COLD... very negative... looks like Tebow might go to Jax anyhow... fingers crossed.

Yep, you may be right.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
NFC West Blogger on ESPN supporting Bullgator's theory of setting up Teebs for failure...

Protecting John Elway. Getting Manning allowed the Denver Broncos to dump Tebow without incurring much fallout from Tebow's large and passionate fan base. Setting up Tebow for failure in the future would further insulate the Broncos from criticism if the Manning acquisition doesn't produce the desired results. Jets fans would be quick to chant for Tebow and also quick to boo him at the first sign of failure. And in St. Louis, Bradford's presence would block Tebow from the lineup for the foreseeable future.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61565/the-rams-potential-interest-in-tim-tebow

I still don't buy it, but I find it interesting that outsiders see this as a possiblility as well...I think the Broncos are looking for the best deal period, but all offers being equal, perhaps this theory doesn't seem so far out of left field.

claymore
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
NFC West Blogger on ESPN supporting Bullgator's theory of setting up Teebs for failure...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/61565/the-rams-potential-interest-in-tim-tebow

I still don't buy it, but I find it interesting that outsiders see this as a possiblility as well...I think the Broncos are looking for the best deal period, but all offers being equal, perhaps this theory doesn't seem so far out of left field.

They must buy their crack at the same place!

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:34 PM
They must buy their crack at the same place!

haha...yeah i don't buy it, but it does go along with the narrative quite nicely.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Why would he want the guy he wants to enter his daughter to fail? It makes no sense.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
The part of me that likes Tim Tebow doesn't want him to go to New York. The part of me that hates his fans wants him to go to New York.

Could you imagine the hilarity when the New York shock jocks get ahold of his idiot fans?

And you thought DMac was a dick.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Why would he want the guy he wants to enter his daughter to fail? It makes no sense.

Trading him in the first place doesn't really make much sense to me..

claymore
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
The part of me that likes Tim Tebow doesn't want him to go to New York. The part of me that hates his fans wants him to go to New York.

Could you imagine the hilarity when the New York shock jocks get ahold of his idiot fans?

And you thought DMac was a dick.

I hope Tebow and all his fans walk into the ocean and never come back.

G_Money
03-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Because I hate Sanchez, Tebow in NY would be freaking awesome. Sanchez is a coddled mental midget who can't throw or lead.

Tebow is one of the mentally strongest players around, as well as being a great leader who is barely worse than Sanchez at throwing the ball. A run-dominant philosophy with serious talent? Good times. Plus I'd want to see the Jets on Hard Knocks again to hear Rex trying not to cuss every other word because Tim is sitting there in the meeting with him with his Jesus-Face on.

Nobody handles the media better than Tebow. NY can't break him, even if it has his fans who listen to talk radio jumping off bridges in apoplexy.

The end of 2012 could see Sanchez curled up in a fetal ball while crowds chant Tebow's name. I would laugh my ass off at that.

But since he'd prefer to be in J-Ville, that's what I would hope for for him.

NY would be GREAT theater though...

~G

wayninja
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I hope Tebow and all his fans walk into the ocean and never come back.

Don't get all cranky now, you were in such a good mood earlier. It'll happen soon, little buddy, this won't hold up things for long.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
It does kinda make you worry about how they report things though.. What if tomorrow it was announced that there was a 'wrinkle' in Mannings contract???

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
It does kinda make you worry about how they report things though.. What if tomorrow it was announced that there was a 'wrinkle' in Mannings contract???

Much more unlikely since both Denver and the Condon sat down to construct the contract including all details of said contract.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't wish ill will on Tebow because of his fans. You gotta seperate the two. It's not fair to blame Tebow, who is a genuine and excellent young man, for the actions of some cooky fans.

I wish nothing but success for him. I know it sounds corny but the world is a better place when good guys like Tebow succeed.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Believe me everyone outside of Denver thinks this angle has merit.

You gotta understand that it was no secret that Elway never liked Tebow as his guy. Neither did Fox... their hand was forced. The fans forced a coup and so the only way you can get rid of him is to sign a legend like manning...

Elway squirted in his longjohns when he signed Manning, not only because he got a HoF QB but because he could finally get rid of "the Tebow Thing"...

The problem is the future fall out of this decision... remember getting a 37 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries and nerve damage is a huge risk. If he doesnt pan out John needs insurance... that insurance is Tebow not taking a team like the jags to the playoffs... so all things being equal no way do you send him somewhere he can flourish... you send him to the rams or the jets where he will be an effing fullback or so his circus can cause a QB controversy.

Now is this Johns goal? NO but its in his mind as a best case scenario and you better believe if he can make it happen he will... its self preservation.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Can you imagine if the shock jocks got ahold of that cockamamy bullshit?

No, that doesn't hold creedence, because they already agreed to a trade with a team where he would compete for a job and would play by mid season when Sanchez shit the bed.

And it's already widely reported that the New York deal blew Jacksonville's piddly little offer out of the water.

Seriously... :tsk:

claymore
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Can you imagine if the shock jocks got ahold of that cockamamy bullshit?

No, that doesn't hold creedence, because they already agreed to a trade with a team where he would compete for a job and would play by mid season when Sanchez shit the bed.

And it's already widely reported that the New York deal blew Jacksonville's piddly little offer out of the water.

Seriously... :tsk:

Jacksonville wants NOTHING to do with Tebow. THey could have had him at multiple points in the draft, and since the combine. Their owner is only appeasing the fans with niceties.

Dzone
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
The Jets are a perfect team for Tebow because Mark Sanchez totally sucks and will not be able to beat out Tebow for the starting job.

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Believe me everyone outside of Denver thinks this angle has merit.

You gotta understand that it was no secret that Elway never liked Tebow as his guy. Neither did Fox... their hand was forced. The fans forced a coup and so the only way you can get rid of him is to sign a legend like manning...

Elway squirted in his longjohns when he signed Manning, not only because he got a HoF QB but because he could finally get rid of "the Tebow Thing"...

The problem is the future fall out of this decision... remember getting a 37 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries and nerve damage is a huge risk. If he doesnt pan out John needs insurance... that insurance is Tebow not taking a team like the jags to the playoffs... so all things being equal no way do you send him somewhere he can flourish... you send him to the rams or the jets where he will be an effing fullback or so his circus can cause a QB controversy.

Now is this Johns goal? NO but its in his mind as a best case scenario and you better believe if he can make it happen he will... its self preservation.

NO ONE with any credibility, at ALLL, would EVER EVER EVER feel this has an ounce of credence whatsoever. Its embarrassing that anyone actually even thinks this crap up. Unbelievable how insecure Tebow's fans are to believe this toilet sewage.

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 05:44 PM
NO ONE with any credibility, at ALLL, would EVER EVER EVER feel this has an ounce of credence whatsoever. Its embarrassing that anyone actually even thinks this crap up. Unbelievable how insecure Tebow's fans are to believe this toilet sewage.

I would expect you to feel this way.... cuz you are not outside of denver.... (as a fan not an actual location)

Krugan
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM

And with any luck, we will some other people get the boot for being insane with return responses.

good god people

TXBRONC
03-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Your not getting me coach... why is it bad that I'm not a die hard Bronco fan? Why should I say WE? Have I ever said that I am a die hard fan?

I like the DB... but be sure Im not a fan as you are. This is YOUR team. Always has been. My name is not Bullbronco...

Wait a minute. I remember very well how you kept claiming you were a fan of the Broncos. So apparently you talk out of both sides of mouth.

TXBRONC
03-21-2012, 06:46 PM
The Jets are a perfect team for Tebow because Mark Sanchez totally sucks and will not be able to beat out Tebow for the starting job.

Wow who's the good looking gal in your sig?

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I would expect you to feel this way.... cuz you are not outside of denver.... (as a fan not an actual location)

Uhmm.. no. You said people outside of Denver felt this way, nuh uh.. Not true. Only the idiots, anywhere, would believe or say something so stupid. NO ONE with any credibility would make a statement like this with a serious face. Its absolutely stupid. No credible source, talking head, show host, ex-player, ex-gm, current gm, current coach, current player... or anyone with a REASONABLE head on their shoulders would believe something as ridiculous as what you are claiming. Its absolutely at the bottom of the pile of puke.

I have family that absolutely hates Denver, and would tell me anything to get under my skin if they could, and they would never say something as dumb as what you are trying to claim with this moronic conspiracy theory. I showed it to them, and they all laughed at you as well. Seriously BG, its embarrassing.

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Bullgator, damn MAN. Give it a rest already!!!. If JAX wanted him they would have gotten him by NOW and offered a solid trade for him. This is a business and although I want Tebow in JAX i'm not gonna take less form them to ship him their. It sucks I was in the pro-tebow crowd but damn man your going bat-shit crazy right now buddy.

If he lands in NY i'm sure he will eventually get a look. But no doubt JAX is where he will shine the brightest!!!

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
@AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

EAD

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
@AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.

EAD

This is the same guy that said he had been traded to the Jets, right?

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
This is the same guy that said he had been traded to the Jets, right?

The Jets announced the trade to New York media, and then reneged.

smith49
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM

I dont know you BG, but after reading this all I can picture is some guy sitting in his moms basement, unshaven, unshowered, with piss stained undies, typing on his keyboard crazy ass conspiracy theories. Nothing personally, it's just what pops in my head when I read this garbage. Thought you might want to know how your ramblings make you look.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
With regard to Bull's assertion, I can see the idea that the team would want one of their ex players out of conference where it can't come back to hurt them. Team's have done that in the past with players. However, everything John Elway has done thus far regarding Tebow simply says he doesn't give two craps about the kid. I am a huge fan of Tebow (wasn't when he was in college) and even I can accept that reality. I just don't think John is worried in any way shape or form at all where Tebow goes. Shoot, if Al Davis were alive and offered the Broncos a better deal I am sure Elway would send him without blinking an eye. It is all about compensation.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
With regard to Bull's assertion, I can see the idea that the team would want one of their ex players out of conference where it can't come back to hurt them. Team's have done that in the past with players. However, everything John Elway has done thus far regarding Tebow simply says he doesn't give two craps about the kid. I am a huge fan of Tebow (wasn't when he was in college) and even I can accept that reality. I just don't think John is worried in any way shape or form at all where Tebow goes. Shoot, if Al Davis were alive and offered the Broncos a better deal I am sure Elway would send him without blinking an eye. It is all about compensation.

Please.

He just told the kid he could pick which team he was traded to. Denver has shown nothing but class to this kid, who quite frankly isn't that good. If his name wasn't Tebow, he wouldn't even have remotely been afforded many of the courtesies given to him.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Please.

He just told the kid he could pick which team he was traded to. Denver has shown nothing but class to this kid, who quite frankly isn't that good. If his name wasn't Tebow, he wouldn't even have remotely been afforded many of the courtesies given to him.

We don't have confirmation of that. Also, that sorta contradicts the 'good faith' trade that had already been done, unless Tebow chose NY. Can't see him choosing NY over JAX.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Please.

"@AdamSchefter Denver says it will do the trade that is best for its franchise. Jets or Jags."

Seems Schefty is being shifty. The bottom line is there have been players moved whose former teams moved them in a way it couldn't hurt them. That can't be denied. Like I said in my post, I don't think that is the case here with Elway. Elway had a chance to improve a position that was a question mark and did. I think it is also apparent that Elway doesn't see the kid improving. If that is the case, why would Elway care where Tebow goes? :confused: He doesn't.

Like I said: It is all about compensation. What is the best deal for the Broncos and nothing more.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Word is the Jets deal is done. Again.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7720305/new-york-jets-denver-broncos-complete-tim-tebow-trade-source-says

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
we don't have confirmation of that. Also, that sorta contradicts the 'good faith' trade that had already been done, unless tebow chose ny. Can't see him choosing ny over jax.

bam!!!!!!!!!

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:15 PM
bam!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 9:00 p.m. ET: In what may be the first case of Schefter-on-Schefter crime, ESPN’s Adam Schefter followed his tweet explaining that Tebow will choose between the Jets and Jaguars with a tweet explaining that the Broncos will make the best decision for the franchise. Either way, Tebow is a Jet.

Let's wait for it to all come out before bam!!!!!!!!! ing.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Let's wait for it to all come out before bam!!!!!!!!! ing.

I bet he gets credit for working out the trade. :D

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
I bet he gets credit for working out the trade. :D

And I bet people harp on his 50% trade completion average.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
And I bet people harp on his 50% trade completion average.

Thats Jets fans mess now. I dont care.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I liked Tebow. He made the games exciting and crazy and fun again. I hadn't that much fun since Elway hung em up. I am sure anyone other than Ortonary would have made it exciting. But the kid is gone and I am a bronco fan. I get to go back to my normal self and not feel like I am enjoining myself with the lunatic fringe. :tsk:

Now I can't wait for the draft. This team has a lot of holes and deficiencies it needs to address. Manning alone isn't going to make this a 12-4 team.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM

I wish him well there. There are so many dbs on that team, it might be very hard for him. Cromartie, Santonio Holmes are scum. Sanchez will probably pout. It will be interesteing to see what happens.

I think he can do well situationally for now. I am glad for the Broncos that this is over.

scott.475
03-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I see black helicopters.

Really, I do.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:24 PM
bam!!!!!!!!!

I now demand satisfaction. Un-bam!!!!!!!! please.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71456

A league source told Lombardi that Tebow was given the option of joining either the Jets or his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars, who had jumped back into discussions, but the quarterback decided New York was the best choice. However, Tebow denied in his conference call with New York media that he was allowed to pick his destination.

Rick
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I try not to be negative, truth be told I hated giving up on a first round pick that "maybe" could have been groomed.

But I am really not going to miss this shit, East is that way--->

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:33 PM
But I am really not going to miss this shit, East is that way--->

Are you ceiling cat or something? HTF do you know which way my monitor is oriented?

******* creepy.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/638/Ceilingcat.jpg

Rick
03-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Wasn't really referring to you so much as the conspiracy theorists and other nut jobs, but which ever way gets them off this board I don't care which direction they take lol

JetsFanNYC
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
You're a dumbass. Please go to the jets boards now.
please don't.. i beg of you

sneakers
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Sanchez sucks ass, and he wipes boogers on people. Tebow will be starting by the end of the season.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Sanchez sucks ass, and he wipes boogers on people. Tebow will be starting by the end of the season.

Didn't the Jets just give him a 3 year $40 million extension after kicking Peyton Manning's tires.

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Didn't the Jets just give him a 3 year $40 million extension after kicking Peyton Manning's tires.

Manning wouldn't even let them near his tires.

Davii
03-22-2012, 12:10 AM
I heard the Patriots were willing to trade Tom Brady and their entire draft this year but Elway was scared of letting him get together with McD.

Hey, makes as much sense as the OP conspiracy theory.

TXBRONC
03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I do wish Tebow the very best but I wont miss those Tebowites who could be competely obnoxious.

At the same time I'm disappointed that some of long time friends seemed take Tebow's short comings as a player personally. Imho some hold Tebow responsible for the Gator who acted badly. They also seems hold him responsible for being drafted by the Broncos. If you think he should not have been here first place fine, but don't blame him because McDaniels chose draft him.

Northman
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
please don't.. i beg of you

Suck it up. We've been dealing with this shit for 2 years now. Your turn. :D

Northman
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I do wish Tebow the very best but I wont miss those Tebowites who could be competely obnoxious.

At the same time I'm disappointed that some of long time friends seemed take Tebow's short comings as a player personally. Imho some hold Tebow responsible for the Gator who acted badly. They also seems hold him responsible for being drafted by the Broncos. If you think he should not have been here first place fine, but don't blame him because McDaniels chose draft him.

No lie about that. Tebow was certainly a victim of circumstance. Basically wrong place wrong time.

Army Bronco
03-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Not trying to get personal but I think its pretty lame when non- Broncos fans get on this board just to annoy people. I mean really, why? I think other fans should be welcomed if their sole purpose isn't to just start crap. But it is funny to see the banter. I personally liked TT but excited at the possibility if having a SB caliber team again!!!

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 11:20 AM

So, Tebow was given the opportunity to choose between Jacksonville and New York Jets....and he chose NY. What is your reasoning behind this one? Elway "hypnotized" Tebow into believing he wanted to go to the Jets? I think you said earlier in the last offseason that Elway was scared that Tebow might break all of John's records, but then he turns around and hires the most prolific passer in NFL history.

Why is it you are assuming that Tebow will only be a "role player" behind a crappy QB like Sanchez? Can't Tebow even beat out Sanches??:confused:

So why did Tebow pick NY over Jacksonville? I personally don't think Jax really wanted Tebow, but want to hear your imaginative, conspiracy laden, take on it.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Jax offered a 4th (their pick would have been higher than NY's) and $3million for Tebow. IF, and that is a big if, Tebow was given the choice, something i don't believe, than his going to NY was a decision probably made more by his new management company than Tebow himself.

Skip Baylesss is the winnder of this trade. Tebow is just miles from him now :D

Northman
03-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Jax offered a 4th (their pick would have been higher than NY's) and $3million for Tebow. IF, and that is a big if, Tebow was given the choice, something i don't believe, than his going to NY was a decision probably made more by his new management company than Tebow himself.

Skip Baylesss is the winnder of this trade. Tebow is just miles from him now :D

Actually, there are multiple sources who say that Tebow chose his destination including Shefter.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Actually, there are multiple sources who say that Tebow chose his destination including Shefter.

Schefter posted two tweets within minutes of one another. They were contradictory. Dmac tweeted last night that Tebow WAS NOT given the choice. It was a deal that was the best for the Broncos and 100% their choice.

Tebow in his conference call with NY said he had no choice.

The continued insistence that Elway gave him a choice, as a means to make Elway look better, is simply absurd.

Northman
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Schefter posted two tweets within minutes of one another. They were contradictory. Dmac tweeted last night that Tebow WAS NOT given the choice. It was a deal that was the best for the Broncos and 100% their choice.

Tebow in his conference call with NY said he had no choice.

The continued insistence that Elway gave him a choice, as a means to make Elway look better, is simply absurd.

Personally i trust Shefter more than Dmac but guess thats just me.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Personally i trust Shefter more than Dmac but guess thats just me.

That's fine. But does Tebow strike you as a liar? :confused: He refuted the choice theory directly.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:13 PM
That's fine. But does Tebow strike you as a liar? :confused: He refuted the choice theory directly.

would it surprise you to hear tebow 'fib' when asked if he picked the NYJ over the Jacksonville Jaguars...where he was born and has a huge following? Would you even blame him if you knew he was lying? I wouldn't. Wouldn't blame him, and wouldn't hold it against him considering teh situation.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
would it surprise you to hear tebow 'fib' when asked if he picked the NYJ over the Jacksonville Jaguars...where he was born and has a huge following? Would you even blame him if you knew he was lying? I wouldn't. Wouldn't blame him, and wouldn't hold it against him considering teh situation.

Oh noes.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM

It wouldn't surprise me. I also wouldn't blame him. That isn't to say I think he was fibbing.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. I also wouldn't blame him. That isn't to say I think he was fibbing.

No. But his "direct denial" doesn't really hold much water, to me. I mean, if he did choose (and I do believe he did) the Jets over the Jaguars, I honestly would EXPECT him to deny it. So his denial isn't something I would consider as a 'fact' to be used as proof. I personally wouldn't even consider it a "lie"..but merely a white fib, at best.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Tebow is trying to make Elway look bad by lying!

Tebow is just covering his ass!

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Schefter just doesn't sound like someone that is 'making' something up, and isn't someone that has a reputation for reporting things to this degree, when he doesn't feel confident in it being true.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7721420&categoryid=2378529

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Schefter just doesn't sound like someone that is 'making' something up, and isn't someone that has a reputation for reporting things to this degree, when he doesn't feel confident in it being true.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7721420&categoryid=2378529

Adam Schefter is one of the best at what he does, and he would never make something up....But that doesn't mean he's always right.

Personally, I believe Schefter's report on this one, but its possible his sources might be off a bit.

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 12:35 PM

I've never really seen Tim lie but I have seen Elway lie or at least bend the truth in a car salesman type way (I want Tim here for a very long long long long long time, he's our starter going into training camp) so it would seem that Tim is probably telling the truth and Elway is lying again.

GEM
03-22-2012, 12:36 PM
You guys just imagine what would happen to Tebow if the likes of Bull and his fans found out he CHOSE to play in NY instead of Jax. :shocked: Stalkers beware!!! Who am I fooling....somehow it would just be Elway's fault. :laugh:

GEM
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I've never really seen Tim lie but I have seen Elway lie or at least bend the truth in a car salesman type way (I want Tim here for a very long long long long long time, he's our starter going into training camp) so it would seem that Tim is probably telling the truth and Elway is lying again.

Or....no matter what any of them say or do, you have your opinion on all of them and you will stick by it no matter what.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Adam Schefter is one of the best at what he does, and he would never make something up....But that doesn't mean he's always right.

Personally, I believe Schefter's report on this one, but its possible his sources might be off a bit.

Possibly. But I think his source is pretty reliable. So I guess the 'denial' gives the Jacksonville fans something to believe in, and it gives the conspiracy theorist some ammunition for their "Elway wants Tim to fail" gun.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
You guys just imagine what would happen to Tebow if the likes of Bull and his fans found out he CHOSE to play in NY instead of Jax. :shocked:

Yikes...Haven't heard from Bull today...I hope he took the news OK and didn't do something dumb.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:39 PM

How would you know if you've never seen him (heard him) lie? Maybe you just did, but choose to deny it and only accept it as truth.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Possibly. But I think his source is pretty reliable. So I guess the 'denial' gives the Jacksonville fans something to believe in, and it gives the conspiracy theorist some ammunition for their "Elway wants Tim to fail" gun.

Meh...Everyone will believe what they want to believe...To each his own I suppose.

The only people that will ever know the truth is the Broncos FO and Tebow.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Yikes...Haven't heard from Bull today...I hope he took the news OK and didn't do something dumb.

I think he registered as "Jesus" at www.theganggreen.com

GEM
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM

Yikes!! I hope someone close to him took away anything sharp. :laugh: Kidding!!

Not Bull , but there are some freaking looney bins that love Tebow (SEE JAGSBCH) who make me think that Tebow could be in real danger if he ever really met them. :shocked: Then to find out that he CHOSE NY over Jags, they could do some real damage.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
How would you know if you've never seen him (heard him) lie? Maybe you just did, but choose to deny it and only accept it as truth.

Hate to play devils advocate here, but the same could be said about you thinking that Schefter's source is pretty reliable when you don't know who that source is, or probably don't even personally know Schefter himself...

I'm with ya...but just sayin'

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Yikes!! I hope someone close to him took away anything sharp. :laugh: Kidding!!

Not Bull , but there are some freaking looney bins that love Tebow (SEE JAGSBCH) who make me think that Tebow could be in real danger if he ever really met them. :shocked: Then to find out that he CHOSE NY over Jags, they could do some real damage.

There has already been a Jagsbch sighting on the Jets forum by some of our Bronco Trolls...

He's alive and well, and still up to his old game.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Hate to play devils advocate here, but the same could be said about you thinking that Schefter's source is pretty reliable when you don't know who that source is, or probably don't even personally know Schefter himself...

I'm with ya...but just sayin'

Because I can see and understand why Tim would have a reason to fib in this situation. THere is NO reason for Schefter to fib, nor for him to take the word of a source that he feels VERY comfortable in quoting publicaly, on HIS reputaion.

Bullgator
03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
So, Tebow was given the opportunity to choose between Jacksonville and New York Jets....and he chose NY. What is your reasoning behind this one? Elway "hypnotized" Tebow into believing he wanted to go to the Jets? I think you said earlier in the last offseason that Elway was scared that Tebow might break all of John's records, but then he turns around and hires the most prolific passer in NFL history.

Why is it you are assuming that Tebow will only be a "role player" behind a crappy QB like Sanchez? Can't Tebow even beat out Sanches??:confused:

So why did Tebow pick NY over Jacksonville? I personally don't think Jax really wanted Tebow, but want to hear your imaginative, conspiracy laden, take on it.

You are mistaking me for someone else. First of all I never said that Elway was jealous of Tebow braking his records. Or that Elway was Ever jealous of Tebow at all. I said that Elway never saw Tebow as "the guy" and would do what it takes to get rid of him. I always said as the man in charge he has the right to not want Tebow... but that he should have kept his mouth shut during the playoff hunt about it as it would hurt the team at a critical time.

Secondly I stand by the fact that Elway doesn't want Tebow to go to a team like the Jags that he can take over immediately and be successful... that would be very bad. In the end he saw how transparent this was and decided to give Tebow the choice. But make no mistake its not what he wanted... You would have to be a fool to willing place a beloved player in a place to show you up... of course as a package player in NYC it would be less volatile for the DB FO.

NOW as for Tebow leaning towards NYC over his beloved hometown.... Tebow conferred with his family and they decided that they already have had a huge impact on Florida and Denver... the BEST decision for his GOAL and foundation was to conquer NYC... for none other than Gods work. The decision was made for his real goal and that not football.

This could not have worked out better for the FO so far....so far... BUT dont think for one second that the FO did any of this out of the "loyalty" LOL they have for Tebow. Lucky for them it worked out in thier favor... they are now completely off the hook for Tebow.. the make a clean break in a way that even the staunched Tebow Bronco fan could not blame them for the move..... it is Peyton Manning after all...

My original claim that the FO was ruthless in this move stands and that they tried to cover thier asses.. and did a masterful job... IMO that is not a bad think. being savvy just shows they are good at what they do. You should not take offense they they are brilliant. Only that they make a HUGE ******* RISK and IMO a bigger mistake as time will tell.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
No. But his "direct denial" doesn't really hold much water, to me. I mean, if he did choose (and I do believe he did) the Jets over the Jaguars, I honestly would EXPECT him to deny it. So his denial isn't something I would consider as a 'fact' to be used as proof. I personally wouldn't even consider it a "lie"..but merely a white fib, at best.

His 'Direct denial' doesn't hold much water?

I'm speechless with how dumb this is. The lengths people will go to try slander this kid and/or make Elway look better is getting a bit over the top.

There is 0 reason to believe that Tebow wouldn't simply just admit he chose NY and explain why. There is every reason to believe that the Broncos front office has controlled everything about Tebow's career thusfar. For someone who has handled this situation in such a classy way to not be given the benefit of his word is bizarre.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Secondly I stand by the fact that Elway doesn't want Tebow to go to a team like the Jags that he can take over immediately and be successful... that would be very bad.

I guess I see that as a fallacy in logic, Bull. I don't think Tebow's chances of getting a shot in NY are any less than they would be in Jax. In fact, if you think about it, they are probably better!

A. Jax has Gabbert and Henne.
B. Mularkey is coming from Atlanta and having had Matt Ryan. He is an old school type and it is apparent the O in Jax will be similar to the O in Atl.
C. The Jets went out and grabbed Sporano. They have ran and will continue to run WC type plays. That alone favors Tebow getting on the field in some capacity.
D. In case you haven't noticed Sanchez isn't endeared to the NY fans or players. He has had time to prove himself and hasn't. The leash on Gabbert is definitely longer.

Finally, I don't think Khan truly wanted Tebow. If he did, he would have made an offer that couldn't have been refused. He could have went bananas and gave up a 3rd. But Khan realizes it will be harder to move a team that is now selling out (because of Teebs).

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Because I can see and understand why Tim would have a reason to fib in this situation. THere is NO reason for Schefter to fib, nor for him to take the word of a source that he feels VERY comfortable in quoting publicaly, on HIS reputaion.

A media type will always have more reason to fib. The Teebs situation has shown it is about speed not accuracy. In fact, media is just that way anymore. How many times yesterday were things announced, across the league not just Teebs, that ultimately were retracted.

Finally, what does Tebow gain from lying? Nothing.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
A media type will always have more reason to fib. The Teebs situation has shown it is about speed not accuracy. In fact, media is just that way anymore. How many times yesterday were things announced, across the league not just Teebs, that ultimately were retracted.

Finally, what does Tebow gain from lying? Nothing.

Exactly, he's saving face with a fanbase who he won't be playing for and missing out on opportunity to ingratiate himself with his current fanbase? Huh?

Ironically, this is all coming from a group of people that were pretty vocal in their ridicule of conspiracy theories... :laugh:

Slick
03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
NOW as for Tebow leaning towards NYC over his beloved hometown.... Tebow conferred with his family and they decided that they already have had a huge impact on Florida and Denver... the BEST decision for his GOAL and foundation was to conquer NYC... for none other than Gods work. The decision was made for his real goal and that not football.

This is disturbing.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
This is disturbing.

And delusional. Tebow and his family would be appalled by that line of thinking.

I'm sure they see it as an opportunity to further their ministry, but "conquer New York"? That's delusional and a little appalling, and I guarantee Tebow would feel the same if he saw that.

I do like how Fakegator's tune changed, though, to blow with the winds...

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I can only conclude that Bull is trying to get a rise out of people. If not, Wow.

MOtorboat
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I can only conclude that Bull is trying to get a rise out of people. If not, Wow.

I think he believes a lot of it.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 01:58 PM
The bottom line is Tebows odds of seeing the field and possibly starting are better in NY for the reasons I posted above.

Bullgator
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
I guess I see that as a fallacy in logic, Bull. I don't think Tebow's chances of getting a shot in NY are any less than they would be in Jax. In fact, if you think about it, they are probably better!

A. Jax has Gabbert and Henne.
B. Mularkey is coming from Atlanta and having had Matt Ryan. He is an old school type and it is apparent the O in Jax will be similar to the O in Atl.
C. The Jets went out and grabbed Sporano. They have ran and will continue to run WC type plays. That alone favors Tebow getting on the field in some capacity.
D. In case you haven't noticed Sanchez isn't endeared to the NY fans or players. He has had time to prove himself and hasn't. The leash on Gabbert is definitely longer.

Finally, I don't think Khan truly wanted Tebow. If he did, he would have made an offer that couldn't have been refused. He could have went bananas and gave up a 3rd. But Khan realizes it will be harder to move a team that is now selling out (because of Teebs).

If you think you go out and get Tbeow in JACKSONVILLE to play backup then you are CRAZY.. idc who the QBs are.. you get Tebow then you start him period in jax....

second Khan is a business man he wanted Tebow... but he weighed it out and in the end his staff felt Tebow would be a fad not a long term solution and so the team will most like;y move now. But he DID want him to be sure.

turftoad
03-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Tim Tebow is a Jet. That is all.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM

I get it, but I don't think its that far fetched to believe Tebow either...

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
His 'Direct denial' doesn't hold much water?

I'm speechless with how dumb this is. The lengths people will go to try slander this kid and/or make Elway look better is getting a bit over the top.

There is 0 reason to believe that Tebow wouldn't simply just admit he chose NY and explain why. There is every reason to believe that the Broncos front office has controlled everything about Tebow's career thusfar. For someone who has handled this situation in such a classy way to not be given the benefit of his word is bizarre.

I explained why I felt Tebow would fib in this situation, and its BECAUSE he's such a nice guy. I don't think of the lie as anything other than a great guy denying that he chose a different city than his home town.

Also, I don't know where you are getting "Elway" from anything. Schefter is the one reporting, and there is NO reason to believe that he would make up a story for sensationalism. He's not that kind of reporter despite jhil's insistance of some kind of conspiracy involving all media and press.

Schefter has always been a straight shooter that reports solid info. He's not one to spread rumors, and CERTAINLY not one to START them just because Tebow is involved. I can think of a TON of reasons as to why Tebow would fib in this situation, and ALL of them are GOOD reasons (meaning they are for the thoughtful reasons). There is only ONE reason why people would think that the Denver Broncos would choose to lie about something like this, and it goes back to the ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Sorry. I'm not going to buy into the conspiracy theories. They are fun, with the extra shooter, the astronaughts never going to the moon, area 54 and all that. But believing Schefter has not put his career on the line, purely to make up sensationalism, is the way I'll go.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I get it, but I don't think its that far fetched to believe Tebow either...

of course not. Other than what I just said above. I can think of MANY reasons as to why Tim would choose to simply say he didn't have a choice in not choosing his home town... and alll of the reason I think of are because of thoughtfulness and because of the good guy he is. There is only ONE reason to suggest that the Broncos...Elway... or Shefter would come out with a made up lie about it, and it goes back to the conspiracy that they are trying to harm Tebow's career.

That to me, is just absolutely ridiculous.

vandammage13
03-22-2012, 02:44 PM
of course not. Other than what I just said above. I can think of MANY reasons as to why Tim would choose to simply say he didn't have a choice in not choosing his home town... and alll of the reason I think of are because of thoughtfulness and because of the good guy he is. There is only ONE reason to suggest that the Broncos...Elway... or Shefter would come out with a made up lie about it, and it goes back to the conspiracy that they are trying to harm Tebow's career.

That to me, is just absolutely ridiculous.

The second point you made could just be attributed to Schefter's source simply being wrong...It doesn't mean anyone lied, only that people make mistakes from time to time.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Elway tweeted something not long ago saying Tebow did indeed have the choice. So, someone's lying. It'll be fun if we ever learn who.

Unless it's some sort of 'everyone's telling the truth somehow' situation where Elway gave the choice to Tebow's agent who made the choice on Tebow's behalf or some convoluted shit like that.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
The second point you made could just be attributed to Schefter's source simply being wrong...It doesn't mean anyone lied, only that people make mistakes from time to time.

Yeah.. but thats a pretty LONG explanation by a source that is wrong. I mean, either the source that Schefter completely trusts completely lied and made up a story.. and Schefter reported the story. Or Tebow simply didn't want to admit that he picked NY over Jacksonville when asked the question.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
It wasn't just Gator fans that booed Kyle Orton coming out of the lockerroom on the first day of TC, it wasn't just Gator fan at Mile High that chanted "Tebow!" everytime Orton threw an imcompletion or took a sack (how ironic did that turn out to be?). It wasn't just Gator fan that flooded sports talk radio when Elway didn't celebrate good enough when the Broncos won, and it wasn't just Gator fan that blew up tweeter when the Greatest Bronco Ever wouldn't commit to the worst passer in the league as the future of the team at the QB position. 33% of people polled would rather have Tim Tebow than Peyton Manning, that's not just Gator fan.

I have friends -who l know to be huge Broncos fans- that think John Elway is jealous, that think EFX conspired against poor Tim Tebow. It's not just Gator fans, there are a lot of Bronocs fans that are just as guilty of making Tebowmania a frekking circus that the Broncos just don't want any part of.......

SOCALORADO.
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh well, Tebow is no longer a Bronco. No use cryin over spilt milk.

Bullgator
03-22-2012, 03:17 PM
And delusional. Tebow and his family would be appalled by that line of thinking.

I'm sure they see it as an opportunity to further their ministry, but "conquer New York"? That's delusional and a little appalling, and I guarantee Tebow would feel the same if he saw that.

I do like how Fakegator's tune changed, though, to blow with the winds...

Not sure what you mean by me changing my tune. It is what it is.

Now you can mock MY wording with the "conquer New York" comment, but the fact remains that Tebow wants to spread the word and love of God and NYC is a great opportunity to do that. If that is disturbing to you then that would not surprise me Mo. I'm sure doing God's work is appalling to you.

Bullgator
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah.. but thats a pretty LONG explanation by a source that is wrong. I mean, either the source that Schefter completely trusts completely lied and made up a story.. and Schefter reported the story. Or Tebow simply didn't want to admit that he picked NY over Jacksonville when asked the question.

In the end it was not Tebow's decision to go to NY as it was not Christ's decision to go to the Cross... "... Not my will, but Thy will be done..."

Of course he wants to play for his home town in Gator country... It was a selfless act. You cannot make sense of his motives Mo. It would be like trying to describe the scent of strawberries to a man who has never has a nose.

SOCALORADO.
03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh well, Tebow is no longer a Bronco. No use cryin over spilt milk.

claymore
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Tebow went to NY cause he is an attention whore.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 04:14 PM
In the end it was not Tebow's decision to go to NY as it was not Christ's decision to go to the Cross... "... Not my will, but Thy will be done..."

I would think Tebow himself would stab you in the heart for making this kind of statement. :lol:

good god, isn't it time you packed your things for the jets message board?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
From article:

Many fans in the pro-Tebow camp have wondered aloud why Denver couldn’t keep Tebow to mentor under Manning and be used as a situational weapon? It sounds great in theory, doesn’t it?

The irony is, the very people that loved Tebow are the same people that drove him out of town. The Broncos simply didn’t feel like dealing with the zealotry for Tebow any longer. They watched an ugly situation chew up Kyle Orton and piss off Brady Quinn, and they didn’t want to let the poison of Tebow-mania get anywhere near Manning.

Rather than cringe over the first misguided Tebow chant from his legion of followers when Manning inevitably throws his first interception or misses on third down, Elway simply shipped the circus out of town. Had Tebow fans just liked him as a football player and, you know, been cool about it, then MAYBE Tebow could have continued to play in Denver. But we’ll never know, because quite frankly, a lot of overzealous fans ruined it for him and the city.

full article - http://www.denverssportsstation.com/CJandKreckman

wayninja
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM
From article:

full article - http://www.denverssportsstation.com/CJandKreckman

Sorry, but this just comes across as 'Elway couldn't handle the pressure, so he took his ball and went home'.

I'll never buy this stuff. Either FO's do what their fans want, or they don't. I refuse to buy into the notion that a unpopular opinion is forcing a business decision.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry, but this just comes across as 'Elway couldn't handle the pressure, so he took his ball and went home'.

I'll never buy this stuff. Either FO's do what their fans want, or they don't. I refuse to buy into the notion that a unpopular opinion is forcing a business decision.

Since when do fans/should fans have a decision in what goes on, as far as personal moves, in any pro sports team, other than supporting a team, or not supporting a team?

I'm sure the Jets did not put up a "fan poll" first to see if the fans wanted them to trade for Tebow, or not trade for Tebow.

jhildebrand
03-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Since when do fans/should fans have a decision in what goes on, as far as personal moves, in any pro sports team, other than supporting a team, or not supporting a team?

That's the whole problem with this, Carol! One minute the Tebow detractors are saying they do have enough influence/say (when it fits their argument) and the they don't, like you are now (when it doesn't).

Which is it? :confused:

Tebow was started because of the fan demand. Then it was he was shipped off because of fan demand. Now it is fans don't have any say so in the decisions. :lol:

The Broncos did what was best for the Broncos. They got Manning and decided one circus in town is enough and moved the other circus to NY. They should have left it at that. There was nothing to sell other than we got our Man(ning) and felt it was best to have plan A only and could use some picks! Nothing more needed to be said.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2012, 06:02 PM
That's the whole problem with this, Carol! One minute the Tebow detractors are saying they do have enough influence/say (when it fits their argument) and the they don't, like you are now (when it doesn't).

Which is it? :confused:

Tebow was started because of the fan demand. Then it was he was shipped off because of fan demand. Now it is fans don't have any say so in the decisions. :lol:

The Broncos did what was best for the Broncos. They got Manning and decided one circus in town is enough and moved the other circus to NY. They should have left it at that. There was nothing to sell other than we got our Man(ning) and felt it was best to have plan A only and could use some picks! Nothing more needed to be said.

This article I posted was not written by any one within the Broncos' organization - i.e. not their words/thoughts.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM

I'm sure the Jets did not put up a "fan poll" first to see if the fans wanted them to trade for Tebow, or not trade for Tebow.

I can't tell if you are refuting or agreeing with me. But this is exactly my point.

The 'circus' didn't force Elway's hand. He did this because he doesn't believe Tebow is the guy, he's not caving into fan 'pressure' either positive or negative.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2012, 06:59 PM
I can't tell if you are refuting or agreeing with me. But this is exactly my point.

The 'circus' didn't force Elway's hand. He did this because he doesn't believe Tebow is the guy, he's not caving into fan 'pressure' either positive or negative.

I believe it is both - Elway believed Tebow was not the guy "now", and because of that, there would be people demanding Tebow play, if, like the article said, when Manning throws an interception, etc. Also, there is still a major circus in Denver - every news broadcast is showing videos of small children crying because Tebow is no longer here, during the sports, all stations are still talking about Tebow, much more than Manning, etc.

dogfish
03-22-2012, 07:14 PM
hey, BG, man. . . have fun with those new york fans-- they're not all warm and sweet and cuddly like we are. . .

Medford Bronco
03-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Can we merge the 121262356156156156415645645645 Tebow threads. TIA

dogfish
03-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Can we merge the 121262356156156156415645645645 Tebow threads. TIA

maybe we should have merged all the tebow fans?

:laugh:

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I believe it is both - Elway believed Tebow was not the guy "now", and because of that, there would be people demanding Tebow play, if, like the article said, when Manning throws an interception, etc. Also, there is still a major circus in Denver - every news broadcast is showing videos of small children crying because Tebow is no longer here, during the sports, all stations are still talking about Tebow, much more than Manning, etc.

I think it's more because how awkward it would be for Elway to have Tebow around after telling him he wanted to have him here for a very long long long long long time and be the starting quarterback going into training camp. It would also be awkward for Elway to have to teach Tim Tebow QB tips that he promised during the off season.

Think of it this way. Elway traded up for a better wife (albeit an older cougar with a neck injury). It would just be awkward to have the old wife (Tebow) in the same town not to mention the same facility and team. So Elway wants to do right (which implies that he did something wrong) to the old wife by shipping her off and finding her a new mate. Basically he wants Tebow to disappear. I think anyone would do the same.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I think it's more because how awkward it would be for Elway to have Tebow around after telling him he wanted to have him here for a very long long long long long time and be the starting quarterback going into training camp. It would also be awkward for Elway to have to teach Tim Tebow QB tips that he promised during the off season.

Think of it this way. Elway traded up for a better wife (albeit an older cougar with a neck injury). It would just be awkward to have the old wife (Tebow) in the same town not to mention the same facility and team. So Elway wants to do right (which implies that he did something wrong) to the old wife by shipping her off and finding her a new mate. Basically he wants Tebow to disappear. I think anyone would do the same.

Given that Elway wants Tebow plowing his daughter, the analogy of the wives becomes even more disturbing.

Ultimately, Timmy was gone regardless of Manning. The writing was all over the place.

TXBRONC
03-23-2012, 07:05 AM
You guys just imagine what would happen to Tebow if the likes of Bull and his fans found out he CHOSE to play in NY instead of Jax. :shocked: Stalkers beware!!! Who am I fooling....somehow it would just be Elway's fault. :laugh:

I'm sure Bull would stalk Tebow in fatal attraction kind of way because he wont be ignored. :eek:

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Bullninja don't give a shit.

Bullninja gets what he wants.

hotcarl
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Blaaaaargh

claymore
03-23-2012, 07:43 AM

BullNinjagator will throw his HOF QB and his family under the bus because a 23 yo, gay QB got traded.

Rex
03-23-2012, 07:50 AM
I would pay to watch a pack of Mike Vick's pit bulls maul the whole group of Tebois from this website.

Northman
03-23-2012, 08:44 AM

Agreed Carol, as too the article this pretty much summed it up.

Well, it came down first and foremost to a football decision. Elway, Fox, and co. didn’t think Tebow was ever going to improve enough to be the kind of Super Bowl winning QB that Pat Bowlen so desperately wants.

These are the exact sentiments that i have been saying for a while now. Nothing is ever in stone but its obvious the brass wasnt happy with his progression and consistency and since they see him on a daily basis they would know better than anybody here.

Northman
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM

I dont care who you are that was funny right thar.

Northman
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM

Of course he wants to play for his home town in Gator country... It was a selfless act. You cannot make sense of his motives Mo. It would be like trying to describe the scent of strawberries to a man who has never has a nose.

Do us a favor and leave the christian rhetoric in the P&R section. Mmmmkay. thanks.

Bullgator
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Do us a favor and leave the christian rhetoric in the P&R section. Mmmmkay. thanks.

You will get no favors from me.

Buff
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
In the end it was not Tebow's decision to go to NY as it was not Christ's decision to go to the Cross... "... Not my will, but Thy will be done...".

Oh, for ****'s sake...:rolleyes: Tone down the rhetoric, Pat Robertson.

slim
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
BullNinjagator will throw his HOF QB and his family under the bus because a 23 yo, gay QB got traded.

Hypocrite

wayninja
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM

ClayMO gets all butthurt when someone says something bad about their guy.

TimHippo
03-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I would pay to watch a pack of Mike Vick's pit bulls maul the whole group of Tebois from this website.

Well considering that Michael Vick was easily able to kill all his pitbulls, that doesn't seem like a very smart idea, Biff.

wayninja
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I dont care who you are that was funny right thar.

I'm fine with jokes at my expense. Honestly.

But this would be funnier if it made any sense.

MOtorboat
03-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm fine with jokes at my expense. Honestly.

But this would be funnier if it made any sense.

You've been on a relentless tirade against trading Tebow, even after he was traded. It's reminiscant of my Del Rio tirade. :salute: I had to make a joke about it. The honeybadger made sense.

wayninja
03-23-2012, 01:01 PM
You've been on a relentless tirade against trading Tebow, even after he was traded. It's reminiscant of my Del Rio tirade. :salute: I had to make a joke about it. The honeybadger made sense.

You've been on a similar relentless tirade. So?

I hadn't seen honey badger before, that actually is pretty funny;

Probably NSFW
4r7wHMg5Yjg

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM

From TT's press conference today:

Tebow said Elway, "asked me what I thought, so I talked to him very honestly about it. I'd love to be a Jet, whatever was best for them, and he said the same for me. Ultimately, they had all the power and he listened to me and what I had to say. They didn't have to do that."

The Jacksonville Jaguars were the runner up in the Tebow sweepstakes, and he said playing in his hometown was appealing, but "I had a better relationship with the Jets coaches."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827df03f/article/tebow-im-looking-forward-to-my-time-in-new-york?module=HP11_headline_stack

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
No worries, Carol.

Bullgator already has switched his stance on that enough not to be wrong.

GEM
03-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Tim Tebow FIBS!!! :shocked: Say it ain't so!!!

Army Bronco
03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
This dude is so far up TTs arse he wants to create controversy where there isn't. Dude, I hated losing TT, but get over it. If ur not a Broncos fan then just stop. Go bother the next future ex- TT team or go bother the NCAA for not letting TT play in college 4 life!

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Pssssst!!! He's only effective if you respond to him...

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Just one more thing to show how WRONG the person who started this thread was.

So much for the Ninth Commandment.

Last week, Tim Tebow said he had no say in his post-Denver destination. On Monday, he admitted that he had input, but that he was fine with going to the Jets or the Jaguars.

Jaguars owner Shahid Khan says otherwise.

“He didn’t want to come, obviously,” Khan said Monday, via Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union. “Any one of the 53 players we have, have to be committed to Jacksonville, making us be the best team we are. The question was: Did he want to come? And if the decision had been taken out [of his hands] and we got him, that would not be good for him, or for us.”

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/jags-owners-says-tebow-didnt-want-to-come-to-jacksonville/

if you click on the bolded "He didn't want to come, obviously", you can see what Kahn said Monday.

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:28 PM
rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/jags-owners-says-tebow-didnt-want-to-come-to-jacksonville/

if you click on the bolded "He didn't want to come, obviously", you can see what Kahn said Monday.

Lmao.

Was listening to Tim's press conference today. He is starting to sound like a true politician. He now seems so robotic in interviews.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
What was it Tebow said last week, something to the tune of....He didn't have a say in the matter? Hmmmm....how things have changed in just a couple short days.

Those liars Elway and that Denver front office....:confused: Whose the liar now?

MOtorboat
03-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I wonder if way is going to blow a gasket about Tebow lying?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-26-2012, 05:39 PM
This dude is so far up TTs arse he wants to create controversy where there isn't. Dude, I hated losing TT, but get over it. If ur not a Broncos fan then just stop. Go bother the next future ex- TT team or go bother the NCAA for not letting TT play in college 4 life!

A couple of days ago, I heard the following, which I totally agree with:

Fans should be fans of the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey.

GEM
03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
:shocked: I wonder if Tebow is praying right now? He broke a 10 Commandment. :tsk:

:lol:

weazel
03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Lmao.

Was listening to Tim's press conference today. He is starting to sound like a true politician. He now seems so robotic in interviews.

Like his throwing motion... damn I just cant stop myself :tsk:

Northman
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I wonder if way is going to blow a gasket about Tebow lying?

Is this a trick question? Trust me, they will find a way to spin it. GUARANTEED. :lol:

Army Bronco
03-26-2012, 06:27 PM

A couple of days ago, I heard the following, which I totally agree with:

Fans should be fans of the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back of the jersey. I agree. But I would be lying too if John Elway would have played for another team. I became a fan when I was like 9 yrs old cause of John Elway... On another note, I don't think TT was lying about not having a say, I think he didn't have a say in being traded, not where he was traded to.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Seeing as how it's getting little personal with name calling and, IMO, it's a retarded thread to begin with, I've moved it into the smack forum so the Tebois and Teboi haters can go at it.

Or, maybe this retarded thread will finally just die...

Fair warning, any baiting or trolling threads about Tebow from either side that end up back in Broncos Talk will quickly find themselves in the Black Hole. This is a Broncos board, not a Tebow board.

Dzone
03-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I am a Tebow fan, but that press conference was like 1,000 other Tebow interviews we have seen. They are getting BORING!
He is starting to sound the same, over and over and over. Same thing. He is kinda sounding like a politician.
I will say, his suit and tie he had on today looked so much better than anything he has worn before. That hideous plaid number with the funky clown tie was more suitable for Blinkys fun club..

wayninja
03-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Tebow was definitely disingenuous at best, but I'm not sure I'd call it a 'lie'. He was careful enough with his words, said that the Broncos had all the power. Which is true, but the implication is clearly that they traded him regardless of his wishes, which is untrue.

He cleared it up a few days later. Not sure what the big deal is either way, honestly.

Northman
03-27-2012, 04:48 AM
I am a Tebow fan, but that press conference was like 1,000 other Tebow interviews we have seen. They are getting BORING!
He is starting to sound the same, over and over and over. Same thing. He is kinda sounding like a politician.

Yep. Just a lot of lip service. He was almost answering every question the same way "im glad to be a part of the Jets organization". If they asked him how he wipes his ass it was "Im glad to be part of the Jets organization". So robotic and basically wasted an entire day and press conference for nothing.

GEM
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Tebow was definitely disingenuous at best, but I'm not sure I'd call it a 'lie'. He was careful enough with his words, said that the Broncos had all the power. Which is true, but the implication is clearly that they traded him regardless of his wishes, which is untrue.

He cleared it up a few days later. Not sure what the big deal is either way, honestly.

The big deal is that all the guys that are pro Tebow have been beating the crap out of Denver's front office. When the fact is....it was Tebow's little white lie, not the front office. Elway did the right thing and Tebow diminished that the first time he spoke about it by lying about it, only to come out 4 days later and admit that he really did have a say in the matter.

If it were the other way around, bull and a lot of others would be starting more threads titled similar to this....Denver FO covering asses again.

It goes both ways.

Dzone
03-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Maybe Denver tried to trade Tebow before Manning

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1120390-nfl-rumors-broncos-reportedly-tried-to-trade-tim-tebow-before-manning-signed?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

GEM
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1120390-nfl-rumors-broncos-reportedly-tried-to-trade-tim-tebow-before-manning-signed?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Funny thing about Bleacher Report....that article could have been written by Jags or Gator. The quote about shopping him in February was not followed up with any proof, just some reporter down in Jax. :laugh: I wouldn't put much merit into anything from BR.

slim
03-27-2012, 11:46 AM
The big deal is that all the guys that are pro Tebow have been beating the crap out of Denver's front office. When the fact is....it was Tebow's little white lie, not the front office. Elway did the right thing and Tebow diminished that the first time he spoke about it by lying about it, only to come out 4 days later and admit that he really did have a say in the matter.

If it were the other way around, bull and a lot of others would be starting more threads titled similar to this....Denver FO covering asses again.

It goes both ways.

Do you go both ways?

GEM
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Do you go both ways?

No. I like the sausage.

slim
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
No. I like the sausage.

Hmmmm...sausage sounds good.

I know a place that makes a mean italian sausage sammich....I might have to go there for lunch

Ravage!!!
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM

It goes both ways.

Very well worded, GEM

yuhateme80
03-27-2012, 12:27 PM
First tebow chose jets over jax Tim's brother aka his agent confirmed elway gave tebow the choice between jags n jets tebow picked jets

slim
03-27-2012, 12:29 PM
First tebow chose jets over jax Tim's brother aka his agent confirmed elway gave tebow the choice between jags n jets tebow picked jets

What?

GEM
03-27-2012, 12:51 PM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/nicole0702/Shakespeare.jpg

turftoad
03-27-2012, 01:58 PM

I wouldn't blame them.

TheTruth
09-06-2012, 02:16 AM
I wouldn't blame them.

Yes and owner Skat bowlen and his horse face hunnie John Elgay should get credit for getting rid of all our good skill players over the years and replacing them over and over with short term quick fixes. Thats why we suck nards every year.

Thanks Skat!
Thanks Elgay!

shank
09-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Yes and owner Skat bowlen and his horse face hunnie John Elgay should get credit for getting rid of all our good skill players over the years and replacing them over and over with short term quick fixes. Thats why we suck nards every year.

Thanks Skat!
Thanks Elgay!

you don't get to say we.

TheTruth
09-06-2012, 10:13 AM
you don't get to say we.

We we we we we we we we we we we we wee we

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatcha gonna do?

underrated29
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I like:

Penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis penis peniss penis

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenis in my mouth!

We know.

SR
09-06-2012, 10:24 AM

Thanks Skat!
Thanks Elgay!

I get it...you upset about Tebow...go post on the Jets board.

Thnikkaman
09-06-2012, 10:37 AM
We know.

You have the translator app? Can I get a copy?

BroncoNut
09-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Tebow went to NY cause he is an attention whore.

I suppose you think Jesus is an attention whore

Ravage!!!
09-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I suppose you think Jesus is an attention whore

:confused: You comparing Tebow to jesus?

GEM
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM

Thanks Skat!
Thanks Elgay!

Tebow sucks!

And there ain't nothin you or anyone else can do to make him any better.

Timmie Boy couldn't rest his chin on horse faces jock strap, much less follow his success in Denver.

jhildebrand
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM

Are you confused with McDaniels? :confused: What skill player did Elway "get rid of?" :confused: Orton? Lloyd? Paxton? This team was bare bones. They were razed and all he has done is come in and build it up to where our 1's are damn good save for Beadles and maybe Walton. Depth is next.

MOtorboat
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Are you confused with McDaniels? :confused: What skill player did Elway "get rid of?" :confused: Orton? Lloyd? Paxton? This team was bare bones. They were razed and all he has done is come in and build it up to where our 1's are damn good save for Beadles and maybe Walton. Depth is next.

Tebow.

Davii
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Tebow.

Who?

MOtorboat
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Who?

Heathrow?

chazoe60
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Heathrow?