PDA

View Full Version : Doom is back to work and blogin

Spiritguy
04-11-2009, 10:56 AM
What’s going on, everybody?

It’s been a while since I’ve last updated, and plenty has happened since then. Most importantly, we’re back in the locker room for offseason conditioning and I couldn’t be happier.

Coach Tuten has got us going, working hard, but as far as I’m concerned it’s fun. He has taken a little different approach this offseason — it seems like a lot of the stuff is a little more football oriented. He’s got us doing just enough to get guys pumped, but not enough to kill you.

Right now I can tell you the attitude in the locker room is definitely excited. We’ve got some changing faces and changing packages, and we’ve got some new coaches we can really get behind. The direction they’re taking us is a direction that I feel will be very successful. We have the pieces, now we’re ready to put the puzzle together and make things happen this season.

One of those pieces is Andra Davis — he’s a natural leader. He’s ready to motivate guys and he’s right there working as hard as anybody. He’s a vocal linebacker and a vocal leader — traits that we can definitely use in the locker room and on the field. The same can be said about Brian Dawkins at the safety position. It seems like that secondary will be pretty tough this season.

Now I know plenty of you want me to address the recent trade. First of all there were a lot of new changes anyway — over 50 percent of the locker room is made up of new guys. It’s kind of a weird feeling, because guys knew what was going on but at the same time we’re just trying to get better and focus on offseason training. It really wasn’t as much of a distraction in the locker room as it was maybe in the media and on TV. That just kind of shows the maturity that guys have in there — people weren’t talking about it much, we were just getting to work.

I’ve met Kyle Orton, and he’s a cool guy. There’s a lot of changes in the locker room and he’s a part of that. He has come on board and is already working hard, so we’re happy to have him.

But the good thing is when it comes down to it, it’s all about playing football, and we’re getting closer to doing that. We’ve got mini camps coming up next weekend, so I’m ready to get things rolling. Just being around the guys in the locker room has me excited for the season. We’ve got a lot of talent right now, and we’ve got some coaches that I know will put us in the right places and right situations to play our best football.
We’ve just got to take it one step at a time, and next weekend is the first step.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/dumervil/back-to-work-2/

Superchop 7
04-11-2009, 11:27 AM
You also have one of the worst d-lines in football.

So, you don't miss Jay ?

You will.

As for Tuten.....it's called Range of motion.......not......take the day off.

slim
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I have yet to hear a player say anything good about Jay. Not sure that means anything, but it is interesting.

Lonestar
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I have yet to hear a player say anything good about Jay. Not sure that means anything, but it is interesting.

Kiper made some comments about it this AM on fox radio.

I was half asleep at the time but they were not faltering at all about his locker room stature..

He did mention he needed to not through the the defense under the buss as it was not the Chicago norm.. and he chuckled about the quality of there WR, and then mentions they would have to use their number # to get one..

I guess that means the WR coming into the NFL will have to beat all odds at having a decent rookie season.. We all know you can count on perhaps one in the NFL each year to be good..

honz
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Why would Doom like Jay? Jay only threw the D under the bus like 5 times last year. And who knows what was said in the locker room or to his fellow offensive teammates.

Lonestar
04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Why would Doom like Jay? Jay only threw the D under the bus like 5 times last year. And who knows what was said in the locker room or to his fellow offensive teammates.

I think it was DJ that said the defense felt like second class citizens under mikey.. I suspect the D has a lot of optimism getting a raft of REAL coaches.. and some real leaders so far in FA..

and frankly folks they really have no where to go but UP..

Tempus Fugit
04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Davis' play is going to be a huge key to the Broncos success. If he can get it done, that will really shore up what's been a major weakness of late for Denver.

dogfish
04-11-2009, 12:54 PM

you're right, doom never mentioned his name-- only took you guys one post to get the thread on that topic, though. . . . it is interesting. . . .

:heh:

Lonestar
04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
you're right, doom never mentioned his name-- only took you guys one post to get the thread on that topic, though. . . . it is interesting. . . .

:heh:

it seemed obvious to me that doom wanted to get past that part of the history books.. and move on..

also took it as he had nothing good to say about him so did not say anything at all..

rcsodak
04-11-2009, 06:15 PM
You also have one of the worst d-lines in football.

So, you don't miss Jay ?

You will.

As for Tuten.....it's called Range of motion.......not......take the day off.

Same chop....

...different day.....

:lol:

LordTrychon
04-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Doom had said he wanted Jay back, and wanted them to work the whole thing out.

Jeez, guys.

At the end of the day, both parties are very important to the organization. Whatever it takes, whatever's necessary, we need to have Jay Cutler's back and we need to have coach McDaniels' back.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35012

Quit trying to villify the guy at every turn. Funny that it's the same people that keep saying he's no longer a Bronco, why are we talking about him...

BeefStew25
04-11-2009, 06:34 PM

Jeez, guys.

Quit trying to villify the guy at every turn. Funny that it's the same people that keep saying he's no longer a Bronco, why are we talking about him...

LT,

some of your fellow Bronco fans have a hard on for that guy.

Tempus Fugit
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Jeez, guys.

You're reading into what he said before the move. Others are reading into what he said after the move. There's really not any difference between you. The truth about how players felt about Cutler may, or may not, come out. It doesn't really matter at this point, thought, does it?

LordTrychon
04-11-2009, 06:48 PM
You're reading into what he said before the move. Others are reading into what he said after the move. There's really not any difference between you. The truth about how players felt about Cutler may, or may not, come out. It doesn't really matter at this point, thought, does it?

Well, I'd certainly be ok with going into a thread about a player blog that doesn't talk about Cutler... and not talking about Cutler.

But as for what he said... before the move, he said something... after the move he didn't. People are trying to read into the fact that he didn't say anything. That's different, imo... especially since it's been reported that they were given a gag order regarding Cutler a while back, and I doubt it's been removed. I guess it's possible, and Doom didn't say anything nice about Cutler because he's hated him all along.

P.S. What's with the Bears fan? Why do you allow the trolls here?

Ravage!!!
04-11-2009, 07:08 PM
P.S. What's with the Bears fan? Why do you allow the trolls here?

:laugh: :laugh: :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-11-2009, 07:46 PM
All I know is that teammates have suopported publically the likes of Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress and even Terrell Owens. NOBODY has said a damn thing publically in supporti of Jay. Sure there was some bland, non-committal stuff here and basic generalizations, but nothing specific supporting him. To me, that says sumthin.

honz
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Jeez, guys.

I'll look for a way to bash Cutler in every situation...just like I do with Phillip "Cry Me A" Rivers. :coffee:

spikerman
04-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I'll look for a way to bash Cutler in every situation...
You're certainly not alone there on this board.

Ravage!!!
04-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll look for a way to bash Cutler in every situation...just like I do with Phillip "Cry Me A" Rivers. :coffee:

Hmmm... and you are bragging about it.....

Ravage!!!
04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
All I know is that teammates have suopported publically the likes of Chad Johnson, Plaxico Burress and even Terrell Owens. NOBODY has said a damn thing publically in supporti of Jay. Sure there was some bland, non-committal stuff here and basic generalizations, but nothing specific supporting him. To me, that says sumthin.

Actually.. as LT stated above.. its been documented that the Broncos had a 'gag' order amongst them given by the HC before the final trade came about. Not really hard to think that its still being observed.