PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Tim Tebow...Thanks for the Memories :salute:

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
:salute:

Lwg8uER2SNI

Feel free to post other videos to send Tebow off with a classy Mile High Goodbye.

camdisco24
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Awesome run. I will always remember the 2011 season. Seriously unforgettable.

Thanks Tebow, GOOD LUCK in NY!

dogfish
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zuUIhv8z3M

:salute: :salute:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
So many great memories from last season. Thank you for being nothing but a consummate professional, Tim.

turftoad
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
:bncry:

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM
My salute Tebow. I'm very saddened to see you go. Thanks for 2011. :salute:

OrangeHoof
03-21-2012, 12:54 PM
If he does indeed turn into God's gift to football, it's a shame it won't be happening in Denver (and worse that it may happen in NYC with a team that hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl since SB III, something I'm kinda happy about).

He had a great two years in Denver with fantastic memories. I wish the best for him...but not the Jets.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Now that it's official and Tim will be moving on, I thought I'd post my good-bye.

I'm a huge supporter of Tim Tebow. I love everything the kid stands for. Not being a very religious person myself, Tim used his faith to draw strength and inspiration to make himself a better person. He always seemed to be the guy who was willing to help, willing to go out of his way to support others, and always willing to give everything he had for his teammates, his coaches, his fans, and most importantly his fellow man.

Thank you Tim for being the kind of guy that no matter how things went on the field I could point you out to my kids as a guy to emulate. Thank you Tim for being strong enough and courageous enough not to let others undermine who you are or break your spirit. Thank you team for FINALLY providing a role model for the youth of this nation and the world when being put in the position to do so, and thank you Tim for all the lives you've touched through your selfless charities both monetarily and through personal support of those who needed it most.

Don't ever let ANYONE deter you from your goals. You have EARNED the right to compete in the NFL. You have provided me and fans like me with hope when we had little and excitement when there wasn't much left to get excited about. Go to the Jets, fight for your job, beat out the incumbent and make your mark on the biggest stage. I will follow your career with interest and support and wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Bronco or not, you have gained a fan for life. Thanks Tim, and good luck!

blamkin86
03-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Now that it's official and Tim will be moving on, I thought I'd post my good-bye.

I'm a huge supporter of Tim Tebow. I love everything the kid stands for. Not being a very religious person myself, Tim used his faith to draw strength and inspiration to make himself a better person. He always seemed to be the guy who was willing to help, willing to go out of his way to support others, and always willing to give everything he had for his teammates, his coaches, his fans, and most importantly his fellow man.

Thank you Tim for being the kind of guy that no matter how things went on the field I could point you out to my kids as a guy to emulate. Thank you Tim for being strong enough and courageous enough not to let others undermine who you are or break your spirit. Thank you team for FINALLY providing a role model for the youth of this nation and the world when being put in the position to do so, and thank you Tim for all the lives you've touched through your selfless charities both monetarily and through personal support of those who needed it most.

Don't ever let ANYONE deter you from your goals. You have EARNED the right to compete in the NFL. You have provided me and fans like me with hope when we had little and excitement when there wasn't much left to get excited about. Go to the Jets, fight for your job, beat out the incumbent and make your mark on the biggest stage. I will follow your career with interest and support and wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Great post. Thanks and perfectly said.

claymore
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Good Luck Tim.

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Good Riddens TIm.

He will miss your formidable English skills ;)

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Good Riddens TIm.

Haha..knew you couldn't resist. :laugh:

claymore
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Haha..knew you couldn't resist. :laugh:

Even though I am EXTEMLEY happy he is gone, I will try very hard to not be a dick about it. I kinda regret saying good riddens. Im just happy that the circus has picked up and left for new york.

Id buy all ya'll Tebow fans a beer to cry in if I could.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Even though I am EXTEMLEY happy he is gone, I will try very hard to not be a dick about it. I kinda regret saying good riddens. Im just happy that the circus has picked up and left for new york.

Id buy all ya'll Tebow fans a beer to cry in if I could.

Clay, would you rather have Manning or Cutler as the QB?

skins_fan82
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I've only been a Bronco fan for about 8 months, but that DT overtime touchdown gives me goosebumps every time I see it...

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
It is strange that he ends up in NY though. I wonder if part of their reasoning to take him is the calming effect he has as a person. That team of players is totally chaotic right now from the HC on down.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
It is strange that he ends up in NY though. I wonder if part of their reasoning to take him is the calming effect he has as a person. That team of players is totally chaotic right now from the HC on down.

I think they really missed Brad Smith last year, and Tebow can do all those things, minus the return skills Smith had.

catfish
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM

my thought is they see it as

best case he develops into a better QB than sanchez and is then a GREAT value

worst case he becomes a gimmick player and maybe a calming influence and still a decent value

weazel
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
those players are going to be a bad influence on Timmy, if he's not careful he might even have sex!!! the horror!

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM

Could not have been said any better than this. Well done.

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Not so fast.

Trade may be voided

rcsodak
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
$5M back to denver is holding up trade

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Nice article that touches on the tangible longlasting impact Tebow had on one young Broncos fan.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7715170/denver-broncos-fans-bittersweet-arrival-peyton-manning-expected-departure-tim-tebow

Forty miles away on Tuesday morning, in the peaceful bedroom community of Loveland, Colo., Bailey Knaub put on her Tim Tebow jersey and headed off to school. It seems like a lifetime ago now, that day Knaub met Tebow. It was two months ago. The 16-year-old girl who endured 73 surgeries had watched the Broncos only on TV before the quarterback invited her to a playoff game against the Steelers, a game in which Tebow blew up Twitter after an 80-yard touchdown pass in overtime for the improbable victory, a game in which he mentioned young Bailey in his postgame news conference.

So much has happened since then. Tebow's weaknesses were exposed that next weekend in a humbling loss at New England; Manning, recovering from neck surgery, was cut from the Indianapolis Colts seven weeks later. In a scene that resembled "The Bachelor," teams lined up to court Manning, a future Hall of Famer, and Elway, eventually, proved to have the smoothest moves.

Knaub's story, meanwhile, did not draw the attention of news helicopters. She had another operation last week -- No. 74 in her battle with Wegener's granulomatosis, a rare disease that causes blood vessels to become swollen and inflamed and has left her with only one lung. She missed a little school but is back now and insists she feels "great." Knaub is shy and refuses to be known as "the sick girl," so she doesn't want to talk about that. She wants to talk about Tebow, who the Broncos agreed to trade Wednesday, pending approval, to the New York Jets.

"I just wanted to show that I'll support him wherever he goes," Knaub said. "He made me feel special. That's just what I'll never forget."

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 03:40 PM

Clay will not answer this. Clay simply does not entertain hypotheticals. He deals only with reality and facts.

Rex
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Clay will not answer this. Clay simply does not entertain hypotheticals. He deals only with reality and facts.

Clay still beats off watching Cutler highlights from his days in Denver

claymore
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM

Manning 10 times out of 10. I am assuming Manning is a 100% etc... But im not an idiot, I wasnt opposed to trading Cutler, I was opposed to trading for picks, or cassel. It was retarded to trade a 3rd year, pro bowl QB, who just set the franchise passing record for 2 #1 picks. Blah blah blah///

iLands
03-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Von Miller ‏ @MillerLite40
Tim Tebow is the man! I love Tim on and off the field! True role model, he was and still will be mine. I wish him the very best! TEEEBOOOW!

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Von Miller ‏ @MillerLite40
Tim Tebow is the man! I love Tim on and off the field! True role model, he was and still will be mine. I wish him the very best! TEEEBOOOW!

Love Von...BDawk had some nice words as well.

catfish
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM

claymore
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I will cream my panties the first time I see Manning doing the salute... :drool:

Dzone
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Losing Cutler sucked, but nowhere near as painful as losing Tebow. Most people I know here in Colorado love Tim Tebow.
The only thing that helps lessen the pain is that we have Peyton Manning

biggiedee
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
I have a lot of respect for Tim Tebow! He made it fun to watch the home town team once again! He has a lot of heart, and never gives up. He took a lot of heat for his religious beliefs, but he is a person that kids and adults alike can look up to. He was like a breath of fresh air! Thanks for the memories, you gave me a lot of thrills watching your games. Best of luck in what in do and where ever you go, I will always be a big fan! Best of luck, and thanks again!

Cugel
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Farewell Tim! :wave:

Thanks for the mammaries!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/272/891/drewes_original.jpg?1323726108

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I am not really happy about this at all. I understand it was probably necessary, but I still wanted to see TT stay and have some role. This is for 2 reasons:

1-The kid is a weapon. QB skills or not, he IS a winner, raises he team up and has football abilities than many do not have. He's a hard worker and never gives up. He has a role. Unfortunately, the media hypeand his deire to be a QB makes him staying an impossibility.

2-More importantly, I ws damn proud to have my daughters wearing their Tebow jerseys to school. They are young, but rooted for him HARD. He is a role model and I enjoyed being able to teach my kids about football and how things can be done the right way. Hard work, honesty, etc, etc. They took REAL interest in football and the Broncos. They wanted to see his highlights. They screamed out the windows with me when he went 80 yards to DT (I DO live in Steeler country afterall). It was a special time. SOunds silly, but my kids and I bonded a little bit more over something daddy really enjoys. They finally got to experience why I like football so much. It just sucks that this ship has sailed.