I bet he is the starter within 2 years

BroncoWave
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Per Jay Glazer...

"Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow"

www.twitter.com/jayglazer

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
The media in New York is going to have a feeding frenzy.

They (NY media) should send us a couple million bucks for all the stories they're going to get out of this.

slim
03-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Glad it's done.

GEM
03-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I had hoped he would go to Jacksonville for Tebow, but we weren't going to use him so get what we can.

NY fans are going to be completely unforgiving. Don't know if this is the best move for Tebow.

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM
The media in New York is going to have a feeding frenzy.And Tebow will feed them with Fish and Loaves. Mark it. Said here first. GO TEBOW!!!

BigDaddyBronco
Gald it's over, but that value sucks. Wonder if they screwed his value by their actions the last few weeks. Oh well.

Go Broncos!!!!

jlarsiii
Do we know any details yet? Is it a conditional pick?

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Besides the hoopla, the talent on the roster is probably the best of any of his other options.

Buff
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
This has got to be among the happiest weeks in Clay's adult life.

camdisco24
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I was hoping he would go to Jacksonville... not the trash hole that is NY.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 12:01 PM
They'll use him like they did Smith. Well, except for the return game. Wildcat, goal line, etc.

There is value for that type of player, definately worth a 4th for them.

The Glue Factory
03-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I had hoped he would go to Jacksonville for Tebow, but we weren't going to use him so get what we can.

NY fans are going to be completely unforgiving. Don't know if this is the best move for Tebow.

Agreed, but Tebow didn't have a choice in destinations either. He'll make the best of it. Situation in Denver was horrid for him. It is unlikely he would have been the starter (barring another serious injury to the rock solid Manning) before his career would be half over. We get something for him and he gets the opportunity to be a starter. Worked out well for both parties. Just wish we could have gotten a 3rd instead, but meh.

Mike
Wish they would have made it conditional. Tebow will score some TDs for NY.

BroncoWave
Per Mike Kils, we are trading Tebow and a 7th for a 4th and a 6th. Sounds good to me!

GEM
Cromartie is pissed right now. :laugh:

slim
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Gald it's over, but that value sucks. Wonder if they screwed his value by their actions the last few weeks. Oh well.

Go Broncos!!!!

There is more to the trade. Let's see what it looks like when all the facts are out.

Dzone
03-21-2012, 12:03 PM
A very sad day in Bronco history

Mike
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh well. Time to move on. I wish him well and think he will prove his critics wrong. Won't miss the gator fans at all.

It will be interesting to see if the fanbase can come back together now.

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM

that's exactly my thinking. I was hoping he would go for Jax because the fans and media would definitely be on his side.

underrated29
A frikin 4th. We let him go for that....This ranks up there with the mcdaniels trades of richard quinn, tony scheff and alfonzo (both alfonze trades).

I really do not like this. At all. Stupid move imo. Stupid.

slim
Oh well. Time to move on. I wish him well and think he will prove his critics wrong. Won't miss the gator fans at all.

Time to move on? Eff that. I am going to troll the board for the next two years. If it's good enough for Clay, it is good enough for me.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Like Gem said I wanted to see him go to Jax for his sake but maybe, and this is just speculation but maybe Tim had some input and he figured he'd have a better shot at seeing the field more in NY. Just a theory. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying they thought he'd get a lot more time on the field in NY than in Jax. Also I think the Jax thing was more owner driven while the NY desire seemed more football oriented, so that's probably better for Tim in the long run.

I hate the Jets though, so that kinda sux. Oh well, good luck Tim. Don't let those heathenistic NY basterds ruin ya.

catfish

Cromartie hasn't wanted anting to do with Tebow since the final TD run :)

dogfish
i'm going to enjoy watching him take that lazy nancyboi mark sanchez's job. . .

:heh:

he would have been better off going to green bay and learning from a real, professional staff instead of those jokers in NY, but this at least gives him a chance to earn playing time-- with a team that has a pretty strong OL, and likes to play close-to-the-vest, grind it out football. . . rex can appreciate a guy that doesn't turn the ball over, and tim's shown he can play that way when he gets a little protection. . . it could work out. . . feel bad for the kid going into that toxic waste dump of a locker room, though. . .

i wish we'd kept him, shipping him for a 4th is a disappointing way to give up on a valuable, versatile player. . . oh well, thanks to tim for his hard work and dedication here, and i wish him the best as long as he's not playing us. . . he's a quality individual who has a bright future, with or without football. . . i wish we had the patience to continue his development, but i guess that's why i don't make the big bucks. . .

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Here's my prediction:

Sanchez will absolutely crumble under the pressure with Tebow behind him, and coming in to score TD's in the RedZone/wildcat packages.

This might work out better for Tebow than we can imagine, if he can grab ahold of the opportunity when it comes.

NightTerror218
03-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Tebow has awesome locker room presence so the jets could really use that after melt down

blamkin86
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/new-york-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-4th-round-pick-source-says

Wow, really disappointed he didn't wind up with the Jags, or GB. Bummer.

Assuming it's possible, Tim will make the best of it.

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Here's my prediction:

Sanchez will absolutely crumble under the pressure with Tebow behind him, and coming in to score TD's in the RedZone/wildcat packages.

This might work out better for Tebow than we can imagine, if he can grab ahold of the opportunity when it comes.

Of the teams mentioned I think the Jets are the most talented team that he has a shot of winning the starter role withing the next 3 years...they are far from sold on sanchez

UnderArmour
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I can almost GUARANTEE that Tebow will start games this year. Complete class act. I loved him while he was here and I wish him the best when he's not playing the Broncos or competing with them for a playoff spot.

Mike
03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Here's my prediction:

Rex won't be afraid to use him either. Will be interesting to watch this year...more interesting if Denver and NYJ meet up.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Don't expect there not to be fireworks if Manning goes down like Joe Frazier.

dogfish
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM

:spit: :pound: :rofl: :pound:

*catches breath*

:pound:

Here's my prediction:

sanchez is probably crying right now. . . i hope his mascara doesn't run!

turftoad
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
A frikin 4th. We let him go for that....This ranks up there with the mcdaniels trades of richard quinn, tony scheff and alfonzo (both alfonze trades).

I really do not like this. At all. Stupid move imo. Stupid.

What?? Thats the market for him. It's all he's worth.

vandammage13
I was hoping for Tebow's sake that he would go to the Jags...Don't think the Jets are a great fit for him.

One last FU from Elway on the way out :couch:

jlarsiii
Per Mike Kils, we are trading Tebow and a 7th for a 4th and a 6th. Sounds good to me!

I know tebow fans will be upset by this, but it should show them how the rest of the league looked at Tebow, evaluated him, and assessed his value. Any team that valued Tebow as a potential FQB probably would have offered up more then that. Even scrubs like Kolb and Whitehurst were traded for more then that...

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I know tebow fans will be upset by this, but it should show them how the rest of the league looked at Tebow, evaluated him, and assessed his value. Any team that valued Tebow as a potential FQB probably would have offered up more then that. Even scrubs like Kolb and Whitehurst were traded for more then that...

I actually think it is a pretty decent value for a project QB, considering most teamas have already signed their backups. Nt as good as it could have been, but not insultingly bad either IMO

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I wish him the best of luck (except against the Broncos, but especially against the Patriots) and like Chaz, I hope New York doesn't ruin him. Wish he could have stayed around; as Elway said, he's a great FOOTBALL player, even though not a great quarterback.

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I actually think it is a pretty decent value for a project QB, considering most teamas have already signed their backups. Nt as good as it could have been, but not insultingly bad either IMO

I agree. I think it is fair at this point.

red 19
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks Tim!
Its time to move on for all of us, but thanks none the less. Although only here for a very small window of time, Tebow is in fact a part of this teams history. Just like any and all Broncos before and after you, you made us proud good luck man!

Nick
I wonder what is going to happen when Sanchez wipes a booger on him like brunell. In all seriousness, Tebow should have not drafted him until the 4th and has not progressed since being drafted and worth a 5th rounder. Jets already have tons of media attention, that just got bigger. The one player that won in this was gabbert.

It sounds like this was tough for Elway to do because of how good of a guy Tebow is. It is not hard to like him as a person.

However, This has to be a relief to get away from for the organization and "true" Bronco fans... The circus and insane media attention of this.

Dzone
Tebow is gone. That sucks.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Good luck Tebow...

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Now I can vote for Tebow for the Madden Cover without worrying about losing a roster spot!

:D

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I hope they put the picture of the TT/DT OT pass back up in Dove Valley.

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I agree. I think it is fair at this point.

not all us tebois think the sun shines out his ass :) he definately has some kinks to iron out...not to say there won't be those that think anything less than 3 1st rounders is an insult

BronColt
They just did Sanchez dirty.

Dzone
We got a 4th and a 6th, We gave them Tebow and a 7th according to laconfora

aberdien
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
This is obviously god's plan to cleanse the vulgarities present in the Jets locker room.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
A 4th is all he's worth?

Sorry, but that's a steal. If you told me that a 4th round QB could come in and win a playoff game against the number 1 ranked defense, I'd take that QB every time.

silkamilkamonico
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
They just did Sanchez dirty.

They just gave that bum an extended undeserved raise.

I am a little upset it is NY for the sole reason that organization is a complete joke.

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
OH the Linsanity! When Tebowmania collides with Linsanity the universe will explode.

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
not all us tebois think the sun shines out his ass :) he definately has some kinks to iron out...not to say there won't be those that think anything less than 3 1st rounders is an insult

Its the ones that will be uber-insulted that kind of bother me. Just try to be reasonable. Maybe we didn't get true value for the player, but it appears to be better than feared once we were at the disadvantage of the other teams knowing we wanted to move Tebow so they could potentially lowball the offer.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
So many great memories from last season. Thank you for being nothing but a consummate professional, Tim.

I hope for nothing but the best for him and think Tebow will continue to make all of his haters and detractors eat their words.

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
A 4th is all he's worth?

Sorry, but that's a steal. If you told me that a 4th round QB could come in and win a playoff game against the number 1 ranked defense, I'd take that QB every time.

I think the jets got a very good value due to all the other QB signings that had already happened, I think of the teams mentioned the Jets will be the best spot for him. He has a real shot at starting there soon, and the rest of the team is no slouch. He could win the starting role and be the leader that team needs to come together

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
So Tebow obviously not worth that much after all.

A LOW 4th and 6th.

Edit: a LOW 4th and that's iT.

Sheesh.

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
OH the Linsanity! When Tebowmania collides with Linsanity the universe will explode.

For those of us who think there is already to much east coast bias to sports reporting and sports coverage, we may never recover from this...

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Its the ones that will be uber-insulted that kind of bother me. Just try to be reasonable. Maybe we didn't get true value for the player, but it appears to be better than feared once we were at the disadvantage of the other teams knowing we wanted to move Tebow so they could potentially lowball the offer.

you aint kidding, people were talking a 6th at best, instead you got a 4th and a 6th that is signifigantly higher pick spot than your 7th would have been

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Jets fans reaction

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:32 PM
For those of us who think there is already to much east coast bias to sports reporting and sports coverage, we may never recover from this...

lol in a seperate report all the major news agencies have pulled all their anchors east of the missiissippi

dunk7
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
A very sad day in Bronco history

Maybe for the ladies and for the guys who love Broadway plays...

Me, I'm as giddy as a teenage girl at a Bieber concert...we've got Peyton Freaking Manning. Bye Bye Teboi's!

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Genius:
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/McDumb_6.jpg

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
We marketed him as trash and got trash. :shrugs:

Elway would have been happy with a round of golf.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
OOF. That lockerroom will not be kind to the inundation of media inquiries about Tebow during training camp.

I'll say one thing, that's going to be entertaining.

I'll echo other sentiments. Wished the Jaguars had stepped up to the plate. It was a perfect situation for Tebow and that team.

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM

Jets fans reaction

Jets fans are the worst

Shazam!
03-21-2012, 12:38 PM
This is a sad, sad day for me as Broncos fan.

BUT I can check up on Tebow here in NY, so Im happy.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Doubt it. That's his value. If five teams inquired, and that's the best deal offered, that's his value around the league.

dunk7
03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
A 4th is all he's worth?

They were going to cut him if they couldn't get a trade and teams knew that. Significantly reduced the trade value.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Jets fans are the worst

Yeah, I doubt they are very kind about this. Might be because they don't like Sanchez, but that's a rough, rough fan base.

Nick
03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Tebow fans, Have a great time being a jet's fan now. :wave:

dunk7
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM

Really? Care to elaborate where/when they were bashing Tebow?

Nick
03-21-2012, 12:42 PM
lol now they have a left and right handed QB that can't throw.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Doubt it. That's his value. If five teams inquired, and that's the best deal offered, that's his value around the league.

Right, I'm sure the desperation in Elway's eye's had nothing to do with the offers.

What happened to 'we'd keep him if we didn't get good value for him'?

This is good value? LMAO.

weazel
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Tebow AND a 7th
for
a 4th and 6th

at least we get to move up in the draft in the later rounds... lol

PatriotsGuy
A local radio station here claimed the Rams offered a better deal for him. First I heard of the Rams being involved.

wayninja
Really? Care to elaborate where/when they were bashing Tebow?

Bashing? I don't think I said that. I said we marketed him as trash. Every team in the league knew we were near desperate to dump him. That's sorta the definition of trash.

Lancane
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Not sure it's been posted but Denver is receiving a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick, we traded them Tim Tebow and our seventh round pick.

This was a solid trade, it sends Tebow to a team where he can compete, and let's not forget who the offensive coordinator is there now, and he's known for running unconventional offensive schemes.

slim
03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
A local radio station here claimed the Rams offered a better deal for him. First I heard of the Rams being involved.

Oh man, I bet you are shitting yourself right now.

OrangeHoof
I'm disappointed that he goes to a team I don't care for and he is going to get stuck behind Dirty Sanchez. Plus, the circus will just get crazier in the world's media capital.

Do you suppose the Jets saw what was happening with Jeremy Lin and decided they needed to get their own? Otherwise, I don't see the point.

PatriotsGuy
Oh man, I bet you are shitting yourself right now.

Why is that?

dogfish
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
let's not forget who the offensive coordinator is there now, and he's known for running unconventional offensive schemes.

well that's a polite way of saying he's a moron who has no clue what he's doing, and should never have been promoted above OL coach. . . :laugh:

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Not sure it's been posted but Denver is receiving a 4th round pick and a 6th round pick, we traded them Tim Tebow and our seventh round pick.

This was a solid trade, it sends Tebow to a team where he can compete, and let's not forget who the offensive coordinator is there now, and he's known for running unconventional offensive schemes.

A 1st round pick becoming a 4th round pick doesn't seem solid at all.

GEM
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Come on. :rolleyes: Now it's all Elways' fault that we only got a 4th and a 7th for Tebow. Next thing we know, this dude Elway will be the cause of WW3.

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 12:50 PM
@OldHossRadbourn
"And then, on the order of Caesar, the great foot fetishist and glutton Herod traded a draft pick to Nazareth for one son of a carpenter."

Nick
03-21-2012, 12:51 PM
We want him in the same conference. When they mentioned earlier this week the Pats had interest, It was interest for him to play for the Jet's.

Nick
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM

never was worth 1st. he was a 4th-5th round project talent and still worth the same it looks like

Lancane
03-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Come on. :rolleyes: Now it's all Elways' fault that we only got a 4th and a 7th for Tebow. Next thing we know, this dude Elway will be the cause of WW3.

We got a 4th and a 6th Gem, we gave them our 7th round pick along with Timmy, basically we got a solid pick and upgraded another, that is the way I look at it.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Let me preface this by saying "calm down it's a joke!"

This was McD and BB's master plan all along.

Step 1
Get McD hired by the biggest Pat's killer ever, the Broncos
Step 2
Dismantle young up and coming offense by trading and pissing off most of its young stars
Step 3
Draft Tebow
Step 4
Go to Rams as OC and screw them up and get Spags fired as payback
Step 5
Go back to NE as OC
Step 6
Convince the Jets you are interested in trading for Tebow so Rex freaks and gets him instead effectively crushing what little confidence Dirty Sanchez had left.
Master plan complete

Except, they did not account for the master John Elway landing Peyton. And now the biggest Pats killers of all time are back baby.

Lancane
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM

He was not a first round pick, most analysts believed that he was a 3rd round talent that would go in the second due to his popularity...we just happened to have an idiot head coach at that time didn't realize the difference.

weazel
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Bashing? I don't think I said that. I said we marketed him as trash. Every team in the league knew we were near desperate to dump him. That's sorta the definition of trash.

marketed?? he's not a new ipad or a used car LMAO... the marketing is his play! They looked at his body of work and made an offer. What did you want the FO to do, doctor the video? LMFAO

underrated29
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
What?? Thats the market for him. It's all he's worth.

A guy, a RB, a QB, whatever position, a player who can score 20+ tds and 600+ on the ground imo is worth more than a 4th. Especially when he has so much untapped potential.

They were going to cut him if they couldn't get a trade and teams knew that. Significantly reduced the trade value.

No they werent. Fox and Elway even came out and said they would not do that in the manning interview. They were never going to cut him. Get real

GEM
03-21-2012, 01:05 PM
We got a 4th and a 6th Gem, we gave them our 7th round pick along with Timmy, basically we got a solid pick and upgraded another, that is the way I look at it.

Sorry, 4th and a 6th. I just don't understand how this gets put on Elway's shoulders. His worth is his worth. If there were better offers on the table, the front office would have taken it, so long as it wasn't to a team that the front office didn't want to trade with for competitive purposes. It's just freaking amazing that instead of just facing the reality that Tebow isn't worth more than what we got, it's Elway. He's doing all of this behind his green smoky curtain while laughing hysterically. :crazy:

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:06 PM
4th and a 6th is way better than i thought we would get.

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Right, I'm sure the desperation in Elway's eye's had nothing to do with the offers.

What happened to 'we'd keep him if we didn't get good value for him'?

This is good value? LMAO.

I think you've lost your perspective Wayninja.

I wouldn't bother pointing it out to anyone who I didn't think was a rational poster, but I like you, and you've got a good head on your shoulders.

blamkin86
03-21-2012, 01:07 PM
A guy, a RB, a QB, whatever position, a player who can score 20+ tds and 600+ on the ground imo is worth more than a 4th. Especially when he has so much untapped potential.

Name a team willing to give more than a 4th. The market doesn't work that way.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:08 PM

I wouldn't bother pointing it out to anyone who I didn't think was a rational poster, but I like you, and you've got a good head on your shoulders.

He's lost it for a while now. Started out strong like you said but lately he has become very irrational.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
His production, as U29, stated is obviously worth more than a 4th, the problem is that when everyone in the world knows he's gone no matter what his value crashes. It's not an indictment on Tim or our FO it's just how the NFL works.

Lancane
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
He's lost it for a while now. Started out strong like you said but lately he has become very irrational.

Tebow-withdrawal...it's a ****, see Bullgator for further medical explanation.

underrated29
03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Name a team willing to give more than a 4th. The market doesn't work that way.

Well thats impossible since the trade already went down.

But we have seen players who have less tds go for a lot more, most also have off field issues or whatnot.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
4th and a 6th is way better than i thought we would get.

Well, the Jets do need a RB to replace LT...

Bring back the single wing!!! :lol:

Good luck to Tebow though... would have preferred he be sent to the NFC but what the heck... we need the picks...

Slick
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
If we spend higher than the 4th we got for Tebow to draft Manning's back-up, I think it was bad value for us. It made more football sense to me to keep the kid. Oh well.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
His production, as U29, stated is obviously worth more than a 4th, the problem is that when everyone in the world knows he's gone no matter what his value crashes. It's not an indictment on Tim or our FO it's just how the NFL works.

At best Tebow is worth a 3rd. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a doofus. Sorry.

Northman
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Well, the Jets do need a RB to replace LT...

Bring back the single wing!!! :lol:

Good luck to Tebow though... would have preferred he be sent to the NFC but what the heck... we need the picks...

I think Teebs will be what he is meant for. A package guy. He's too inconsistent to be a starting QB for the long haul. But put him in certain situations and he will shine and we saw that last year.

Mike
03-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
(2) If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

Dzone
03-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Well, I'll be damned. Maybe Tebow isnt going to be a jet afterall

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Someone better get this straightened out real soon.

Bullgator's fandom hangs in the balance.

Ziggy
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Watch the trade get nullified and team's start offering a 3rd.

Mike
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Adam Schefter:
Tim Tebow has $5 million worth of recapture language, meaning Jets would have to pay back money to Denver. Jets might be unwilling. Complex.

red98
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

The same money issues in Tim Tebow's contract caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete trade. Now Jets facing them.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
They just said the deal is ON HOLD - something in the contract language, and he may NOW end up in St. Louis

sneakers
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I so confused

SpringsBroncoFan
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Let me guess, McD wrote the fricking contract...

claymore
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Well this sucks...

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
ESPN NFL - Broncos, Jets encounter hangup in language of Tim Tebow's contract, could nullify trade (Schefter)

red98
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM

Jets-Broncos agreed to Tim Tebow trade before Denver asked NY to pay back portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow. No deal yet.

topscribe
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Cromartie ought to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the personnel department.

Already, Cromartie is sounding like a locker room cancer . . .

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Someone better get this straightened out real soon.

Bullgator's fandom hangs in the balance.

Indeed.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Ha, watch Tebow backing up Manning after all. Claymore's head would explode.

aberdien
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
What a shitstorm.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Cromartie ought to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the personnel department.

Already, Cromartie is sounding like a locker room cancer . . .

The irony is guys like Cromartie might be part of the reason the Jets are attempting to bring Tebow there in the first place...

Bullgator
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Ha, watch Tebow backing up Manning after all. Claymore's head would explode.

If this happens then Ill move to denver... sell my house and start buying billboards... TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! :elefant:

Dirk
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Divine intervention?? :rofl:

:couch:

wayninja
03-21-2012, 03:09 PM
5 million is all that's hanging this up? If it comes to that, Elway will write the check himself.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
The same money issues in Tebow's contract caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete a trade for Tebow earlier, sources told Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/tim-tebow-trade-hits-snag-contract-language-source-says

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/tim-tebow-trade-hits-snag-contract-language-source-saysAs this was a cause of the snag with the JAGS, Denver's solution was to not tell the Jets about the money until after they agreed on a deal. Hmmm, where has that happened to a lot of people before????

AH! Car dealership.

:lol: Elway...trying to pull a car salesman trick...again. Those shysters never give up.

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Indeed.

Hopefully by the end of the day, you'll know what color hat to buy

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Jets-Broncos agreed to Tim Tebow trade before Denver asked NY to pay back portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow. No deal yet.

Unless this 5 million comes out of the Jets cap money, I am sure they can pay the Broncos 5 mil, because 5 mil to most professional sports teams, is like 5 cents to us.

Dirk
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
For Tebows sake I hope the Jets nix the deal and he goes to St. Louis or GB.

But I agree that if it is only 5mil, Elway will either have it taken out of the deal or the Jets will pay it. This will get done.

Mannway187
03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Did Tebow have any say in where he went. I mean did he say he wanted out of Denver or did the Broncos just decide not to let him compete with Manning for the job. Were they afraid he might have been able to take his game to a higher level when the heat was on. Elway did say that Peyton Manning had already made his teamates better even though he hadn't played a down with them yet. If thats the case then why ship Tebow off. Fear of the reality that when the chips are down Tim Tebow knows what it takes to win. Whats wrong with that. Hell, if ya gotta carry a clipboard for someone, why not carry Peyton Mannings?

Just when you thought you never wanted to hear the Manning name again you get shipped off to where his brother is treated like a God. And now you'll not only be living in the same town but you'll have to play your home games on the other Mannings field. You get to hear all about Eli the magnificent.

I don't believe NY is real big on giving praise to God as much as you like to either. Somebody somewhere just doesn't like Tebow so they dropped him right smack in the middle of a completely new kinda Hell. NY is gonna really test that faith of yours now. You might as well forget football Tim, theres souls to be saved and your gonna be way to busy for football.

Run Timmy Run, them Manning boys is everywhere, except for Florida, the social security state. Unfortunately, after being a NY Jet they'll never let ya back into Florida.

Good luck, now take a knee and give us one for the road, AMEN!

Ziggy
03-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Most of the Manning fans have been intelligent classy posters. Most of them that is.

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
They just said the deal is ON HOLD - something in the contract language, and he may NOW end up in St. Louis

Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow... Man this is getting absurd.

dunk7
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Does everything with Tebow have to be ******* drama?!? Sure seems that way...

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
As this was a cause of the snag with the JAGS, Denver's solution was to not tell the Jets about the money until after they agreed on a deal. Hmmm, where has that happened to a lot of people before????

AH! Car dealership.

:lol: Elway...trying to pull a car salesman trick...again. Those shysters never give up.

So the Jags figured it out before making an offer, but the Broncos hid it from the Jets?

No, sounds more like the Jets didn't do their homework in looking at his contract.

Mike
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
RT @adbrandt: Tebow had 6.2M salary advance in 2011, 5M left on advance, Broncos want money back from NYJ as per assignment of contract.

More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

slim
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
See if Jax will cough up a third.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 04:00 PM
“@AdamSchefter: (2) If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.”

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Here's our backup quarterback who beat you in prime time last year, oh, and give us 5 milllllion dollars...

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
“@JeffDarlington: Broncos sources contend the trade was made in good faith, that it should stand and that Jets should pay nearly $5 million. Could. Get. Ugly.”

Mike
03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Here's our backup quarterback who beat you in prime time last year, oh, and give us 5 milllllion dollars...

I am picturing Xanders as the paperboy in Better Off Dead showing up on the Jets front door. "Two dollars".

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

RT @adbrandt: Tebow had 6.2M salary advance in 2011, 5M left on advance, Broncos want money back from NYJ as per assignment of contract.

Adam Schefter Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

More craziness filed to ESPN: Jaguars are back in the mix, seeing if they now can pull off a trade with Denver for Tim Tebow.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Don't expect there not to be fireworks if Manning goes down like Joe Frazier.

You mean like when Joe Frazier met George Foreman? :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8EQTa1cbM

I suppose that's Elway's worst nightmare. But, he can say "It's Peyton Manning. It was worth the risk to have a chance at a SB this season!" He'd be right.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Michael Lombardi ‏ @michaelombardi

The fault of this lies at the feet of the Jets GM, not the Broncos. Jets should have read the contract before announcing the deal

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
*deleted* dupe

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
So the Jags figured it out before making an offer, but the Broncos hid it from the Jets?

No, sounds more like the Jets didn't do their homework in looking at his contract.Right. Per Schefter's tweet, it sounds like NOT ALL THE DETAILS were on the table before the Jets agreed.

Jets: We offer you a 4th and a 6th
Broncos: Tebow and a 7th and $5M
Jets: Go fly a kite

More like...

Jets: We offer you a 4th and a 6th for Tebow and a 7th
Broncos: Sounds good and done!
Jets: great!
Broncos: Oh, BTW, you owe us $5M

slim
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Right. Per Schefter's tweet, it sounds like NOT ALL THE DETAILS were on the table before the Jets agreed.

More like...

Yeah, Schefter's tweet was wrong.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
right. Per schefter's tweet, it sounds like not all the details were on the table before the jets agreed.

broncos: Tebow and a 7th and $5m
jets: Go fly a kite

more like...

Jets: We offer you a 4th and a 6th for tebow and a 7th
broncos: Sounds good and done!
Jets: Great!
Broncos: Oh, btw, you owe us $5m

lmao

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM

Tim Tebow trade now is expected to come down to either Jaguars or Jets. Jaguars making play to get the player they failed to land earlier.

slim
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
It would be cool if he ends up in Jax.

skins_fan82
03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
It would be cool if he ends up in Jax.

Yeah, I like that a lot more for him. Hometown kid. And he's already a GOD in FLorida.

Timmy doesn't strike me as a Times Square kinda guy...

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

The Jags will have to up the ante if they want him. Do I hear a 3rd rounder? Got a 3rd? Can't make this stuff up.

claymore
I hope he goes to NY. His loser following doesnt deserve to have him close.

frauschieze
Right. Per Schefter's tweet, it sounds like NOT ALL THE DETAILS were on the table before the Jets agreed.

More like...

Dude, even the New York media is ripping apart the Jets management for not catching this. This isn't part of the trade that's the issue, like the Broncos changed the terms of the deal that was agreed to; it's written into Tebow's contract. It's not on the Broncos to explain Tebow's contract. It's on the Jets organization to actually read it.

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 04:27 PM

The Jags will have to up the ante if they want him. Do I hear a 3rd rounder? Got a 3rd? Can't make this stuff up.

It's the 4th quarter. Miracles happen with Tebow in the 4th quarter.

Cugel
03-21-2012, 04:28 PM

More like...

"That's why you read the contract." Under a substitution of contract theory, the Jets are liable for all of seller's obligations under the contract including the remaining salary on Tebow's contract unless they re-do the contract (which is normal procedure).

They have lawyers to tell them this stuff. The Jets are totally at fault here. They should NEVER have done a deal without finding out what $ was due to the player unless they didn't care about the contract because they were going to negotiate a new one with Tebow. Tebow would then be able to demand whatever the market would bear.

Normally, teams make the deal contingent on the new team agreeing to a contract with the player. If the Jets didn't do that it's THEIR fault and not the Broncos!

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Dude, even the New York media is ripping apart the Jets management for not catching this. This isn't part of the trade that's the issue, like the Broncos changed the terms of the deal that was agreed to; it's written into Tebow's contract. It's not on the Broncos to explain Tebow's contract. It's on the Jets organization to actually read it.

Exactly. It's called "Due Dilligence".

Cugel
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Broncos to Jets: "just throw in Revis and we'll call it even"

That was hilarious! :laugh:

catfish
03-21-2012, 04:40 PM

football is a mans sport, reading is for hippies and soccer fans ;)

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
"That's why you read the contract." Under a substitution of contract theory, the Jets are liable for all of seller's obligations under the contract including the remaining salary on Tebow's contract unless they re-do the contract (which is normal procedure).

They have lawyers to tell them this stuff. The Jets are totally at fault here. They should NEVER have done a deal without finding out what $ was due to the player unless they didn't care about the contract because they were going to negotiate a new one with Tebow. Tebow would then be able to demand whatever the market would bear.

Normally, teams make the deal contingent on the new team agreeing to a contract with the player. If the Jets didn't do that it's THEIR fault and not the Broncos!

True..It's on the Jets to read the contract. Not sure what kind of lawyers or financial they have in NY that wouldn't read the contract ahead of time..

However, the official trade paperwork was never filed to the NFL, therefore the Jets have no legal obligation to be held to the trade.

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Does everything with Tebow have to be ******* drama?!? Sure seems that way...

Seems like its more the Broncos organization.
Jay Cutler drama
Marshall drama
McDummy drama
Tebow starting drama
Kyle ortolans melodrama
Peyton Manning drama
Tebow trade drama

Cugel
03-21-2012, 05:22 PM
[The Jets thought Tebow's salary was] Three years, $3.05 million. Instead, they're looking at three years, $8.11 million. Huge difference. Although it wouldn't take long for the human revenue machine that is Tebow to make up that $5.06 million in Tebowmania sales.

That's the real truth. They would generate AT LEAST $5 million in extra revenue. I was in the Bahamas a few months ago and saw people walking all over the place with them and their kids wearing Tebow jerseys. And every one of those damn official NFL jerseys costs more than $100. Add in all the other Tebow merchandizing and additional team marketing and they're NOT going to lose any money paying Tebow $8 million.

Not at all. :coffee:

dunk7
03-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Seems like its more the Broncos organization.
Jay Cutler drama
Marshall drama
McDummy drama
Tebow starting drama
Kyle ortolans melodrama
Peyton Manning drama
Tebow trade drama

Well, you can blame McDouche for the first 3 and the rest on Tebow; for sucking in practice and preseason (forcing them to go with Orton), sucking during the regular season but glimpses of potential (causing EFX to realize we weren't going to win a SB with him and pursuing Manning) and trade drama just because he's involved.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't know if anyone posted this but LaCanfora said the papers were never sent to the league... therefore there is no trade...

Cugel
03-21-2012, 05:33 PM
True..It's on the Jets to read the contract. Not sure what kind of lawyers or financial they have in NY that wouldn't read the contract ahead of time..

However, the official trade paperwork was never filed to the NFL, therefore the Jets have no legal obligation to be held to the trade.

I suppose that could be true, if league rules hold that no contracts are legally binding until approved by the NFL Commisioner's office or something. But, I don't know if that's true.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
The New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars now are in discussions with the Denver Broncos about a potential trade for quarterback Tim Tebow, league sources told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Wednesday.

The Jets had previously announced they had agreed with the Broncos on a trade, but the deal hit a snag when it came to the Broncos' desire to recoup more than $5 million they had paid in Tebow's original rookie contract.

The brother of Tim Tebow said he believes the snag has the talks "almost back to square one."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20216515/tim-tebow-traded-jets

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:16 PM

That's fair. But how have I lost perspective? The FO made it clear they don't believe in him. That's certainly their right, but you don't sell a car by saying "Now, I don't want it, but you'd look good in it!"

Npba900
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
I hope he goes to NY. His loser following doesnt deserve to have him close.

If Tebow goes to the Jets and he doesn't show progress the fans will eat him alive.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
If Tebow goes to the Jets and he doesn't show progress the fans will eat him alive.

They will eat him alive either way.

dogfish
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
That's fair. But how have I lost perspective? The FO made it clear they don't believe in him. That's certainly their right, but you don't sell a car by saying "Now, I don't want it, but you'd look good in it!"

seems like their priority was getting something done as quickly as possible, rather than doing a lot of posturing in hopes of marginally increasing his trade value. . . i personally wish they would have just kept him, but once the decision was made to do otherwise, they may as well have done with and let the franchise and fanbase move forward without any more undue attention or hysterics. . . tebow as just a football player is one thing-- but given all the baggage he's unfortunately been saddled with, i'm a long way from convinced that there is/was enough market for him to create a significant bidding war. . .

under the new salary structure, teams will be even more reluctant than before to part with higher picks, and rightfully so. . . hold out too long in hopes of upping the price, and you might end up stuck with no buyer at all as teams sign other FAs or make other trades. . . which is fine if you're willing to keep him, but i'm afraid they're not. . .

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
“@AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.”

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
seems like their priority was getting something done as quickly as possible, rather than doing a lot of posturing in hopes of marginally increasing his trade value. . . i personally wish they would have just kept him, but once the decision was made to do otherwise, they may as well have done with and let the franchise and fanbase move forward without any more undue attention or hysterics. . . tebow as just a football player is one thing-- but given all the baggage he's unfortunately been saddled with, i'm a long way from convinced that there is/was enough market for him to create a significant bidding war. . .

under the new salary structure, teams will be even more reluctant than before to part with higher picks, and rightfully so. . . hold out too long in hopes of upping the price, and you might end up stuck with no buyer at all as teams sign other FAs or make other trades. . . which is fine if you're willing to keep him, but i'm afraid they're not. . .

I agree, why trade him at all? But if you feel you've got to trade him, at least do a bit more to not have your bluff called so easy. And other teams knowing that you simply AREN'T going to hold on to him, no matter what, has decreased his value.

It's not a big deal, but it's irritating that folks want to use this as yet ANOTHER springboard to trash him and say 'SEE HOW WORTHLESS HE IS!!'. If feeling like he doesn't deserve this makes me appear irrational, I can live with that.

Mike
03-21-2012, 07:33 PM
“@AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.”

:confused:

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM

But, but, but, Elway HATES Tim Tebow and he wants Tim Tebow to FAIL.

Waaaaaa!

wayninja
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
But, but, but, Elway HATES Tim Tebow and he wants Tim Tebow to FAIL.

Waaaaaa!

That's not true, Elway would concubine hid daughter to the kid.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
That's not true, Elway would concubine hid daughter to the kid.

What father wouldn't want their daughter to marry a man like him?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM

Anybody wondering if the Broncos aren't handling this delicately, when's the last time a player got to choose his destination?

RT @AdamSchefter: Tim Tebow is being allowed to pick the team he wants to go to. He picks the trade. Jets or Jacksonville.----wow

SmilinAssasSin27
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
i wonder where he'll choose...

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Tebow to Jets. Again. Jets will pay half of that money.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Tebow to jets after all...elway screws him after all :laugh:

dogfish
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
i wonder where he'll choose...

seems like he's chosen the jets, which i was about to predict. . .

who wants to play behind the jags line when you can work with mangold and brick? sanchez isn't that much better than gabbert anyway. . .

slim
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, I hope they all read the small print this time.

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
LMFAO Broncos let Tebow choose the team he wants to go to....
Yeah, Elway hates tebow and wants to screw his chances! LOL you freaking tebow fanbois are such a fraud its pathetic. Please get the **** out!

iLands
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
The rumor is that he'll be competing for the starting job initially.

Supposedly, he was promised the chance and chose the final trade based on his ability to come out and play.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM

Supposedly, he was promised the chance and chose the final trade based on his ability to come out and play.

Yeah, Gabbert was a lock at starter. :heh:

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:19 PM

nope, there has to be some kind of alterior motive behind this! I've heard rumors that Elway had a gun to Tebow's head and forced him to go to whatever team that Tim hated the most and was offering the least. Theres also supposedly a video of Elway sitting in a chair laughing while he was petting a white cat! I will see if I can get a link!!!

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
nope, there has to be some kind of alterior motive behind this! I've heard rumors that Elway had a gun to Tebow's head and forced him to go to whatever team that Tim hated the most and was offering the least. Theres also supposedly a video of Elway sitting in a chair laughing while he was petting a white cat! I will see if I can get a link!!!

I heard he named that white cat Major Peyton.

camdisco24
03-21-2012, 08:23 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Tebow actually picked the Jets. He always said he wants to use his position as a football player to spread his message. New York couldn't be a bigger platform to do that.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Tebow actually picked the Jets. He always said he wants to use his position as a football player to spread his message. New York couldn't be a bigger platform to do that.

Exactly. And his new handlers in LA most certainly probably had some input as well.

NYC now has Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow :lol:

iLands
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM

How quickly will he be named the starter?

I'm going with Week 2...

of the preseason!

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I heard he named that white cat Major Peyton.

well they were gonna keep Timmy around to throw the cat some toys, but he could never get them within the cats vicinity.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Like Gem said I wanted to see him go to Jax for his sake but maybe, and this is just speculation but maybe Tim had some input and he figured he'd have a better shot at seeing the field more in NY. Just a theory. I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying they thought he'd get a lot more time on the field in NY than in Jax. Also I think the Jax thing was more owner driven while the NY desire seemed more football oriented, so that's probably better for Tim in the long run.

I hate the Jets though, so that kinda sux. Oh well, good luck Tim. Don't let those heathenistic NY basterds ruin ya.

I don't wanna say I'm the smartest guy in the room, but I am the smartest guy in the room

bcbronc
03-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Well, that was fun.

I vote we lock this thread and all other Tebow threads and impose a 1 week moratorium on mentioning his name. That should give enough time for the wackos to clear out.

dogfish
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Exactly. And his new handlers in LA most certainly probably had some input as well.

NYC now has Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow :lol:

timsanity. . . :heh:

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
timsanity. . . :heh:

Literally chuckled at that. ESPN is chomping at the bit. The NFL office is happy as they have a good spotlight on NY which they always want. Now let's see if the Bronco fanbase can heal.

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM

NYC now has Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow :lol:Well, Superman belongs in Metropolis anyways.

From what I heard, Team Tebow wanted Timmy in NY. They wanted him on the big stage. Robbie Tebow mentioned that he wants to go to whatever team (er, coaches) wanted him. And THAT would be NYJ, not JAX.

sneakers
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
ESPN Tebow coverage will increase 800% now that he is in New York

turftoad
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, Superman belongs in Metropolis anyways.

From what I heard, Team Tebow wanted Timmy in NY. They wanted him on the big stage. Robbie Tebow mentioned that he wants to go to whatever team (er, coaches) wanted him. And THAT would be NYJ, not JAX.

LOL, Superman??

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
LOL, Superman??

So delusional...

BroncoStud
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Jacksonville is NFL wasteland. Mike Mularky (or Mark Mularky as Elway mistakenly called him publicly during our coaching search LOL) is a joke at HC. They have no line. They have no WRs. They have no fan base.

The JETS will find a way to use him. I hope he goes in and takes that job right from Sanchez.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Well, Superman belongs in Metropolis anyways.

Well...I think today showed that football people didn't want Tebow. This was all about Owners wanting Tebow. That much was made clear. It sucks to say but it is the truth.

As for Tebow himself, unlike many, I liked the kid. He made me a fan of him. I will always appreciate him as a player and what he did for the Broncos. I sincerely hope he gets a shot in NY to unseat Sanchez! I think he would get the job there and keep it!

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
The JETS will find a way to use him. I hope he goes in and takes that job right from Sanchez.

Exactly. How badass would it be if Tim's presence caused Sanchez to go into the tank and Tebow just flat out won the job in camp? Personally, I think Sanchez sucks balls and I hope he fails. I hope Tebow is the future of that franchise and does extremely well, except when he plays us. I hope he's the guy who can finally live up to Broadway Joe's legacy and instead of being a cockbite off the field like Joe, can do it being humble and appreciative.

Can't wait to see what happens with Tim.

Nomad
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks Tebow and Good Luck with the NYJ. I'm surprised Jacksonville didn't try harder, then again, I don't know the details. Oh well, moving along and anxious to see who EFX drafts this year.

TimHippo
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Deals official. To the Jets.
4th rounds 6th-7th. Broncos and Jets split the 5 million.

I Eat Staples
03-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I'll always remember Tebow as a Bronco, how mad I was when we first drafted him, his ups and downs, and most importantly the excitement he brought and our first playoff win in years. I'm actually going to miss you, Timmy.

I will not miss his annoying, dick-riding fans, however. If it weren't for them he could be learning under Peyton Manning.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I'll always remember Tebow as a Bronco, how mad I was when we first drafted him, his ups and downs, and most importantly the excitement he brought and our first playoff win in years. I'm actually going to miss you, Timmy.

I will not miss his annoying, dick-riding fans, however. If it weren't for them he could be learning under Peyton Manning.

This has to stop.

I don't give a shit about how annoying his fans were. I don't care how much it's reported in the mainstream media (how often are those ******** right?). This has nothing to do with his 'fan'atics. Elway made this decision. Plain and simple. He didn't have to, he simply felt it was the best thing for the future. I don't agree, but don't begrudge him his opinion, it's his job to do.

But let's PLEASE stop insinuating that this trade was forced by anyone but with the power to do so.

JetsFanNYC
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

sneakers
03-21-2012, 11:32 PM

I hate Toby too!

sneakers
03-21-2012, 11:33 PM
This has to stop.

I don't give a shit about how annoying his fans were. I don't care how much it's reported in the mainstream media (how often are those ******** right?). This has nothing to do with his 'fan'atics. Elway made this decision. Plain and simple. He didn't have to, he simply felt it was the best thing for the future. I don't agree, but don't begrudge him his opinion, it's his job to do.

But let's PLEASE stop insinuating that this trade was forced by anyone but with the power to do so.

Actually "fan" is taken from the word "Fancier" not fanatic.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Tebow out-prays you.

JetsFanNYC
03-21-2012, 11:36 PM
The circus has a new clown. The Jets ownership care about 1 thing and 1 thing only. The back pages of the New York tabloids. Woody Johnson needed a new shiny toy to show off to his golf buddies... and he got one.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Actually "fan" is taken from the word "Fancier" not fanatic.

I did not know that particular etymology, sneakers. Thanks for the tip!

How you holdin' up little buddy? You doing ok?

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
The circus has a new clown. The Jets ownership care about 1 thing and 1 thing only. The back pages of the New York tabloids. Woody Johnson needed a new shiny toy to show off to his golf buddies... and he got one.

More fans buying into the media more than judging with their own eyes or in the W column. He'll feel right at home.

When you guys suck him dry and kick him out, do me a favor and let him choose where he goes to die. kthnxbai.

JetsFanNYC
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
I've seen Tebow with my own eyes. I've seen him go 3 quarters without a first down. I've seen him go entire quarters without a completion. He's not a QB.

NightTrainLayne
03-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh brother.

turftoad
03-21-2012, 11:44 PM
More fans buying into the media more than judging with their own eyes or in the W column. He'll feel right at home.

When you guys suck him dry and kick him out, do me a favor and let him choose where he goes to die. kthnxbai.

Really?? What the hell is the matter with you? Why don't you just go away now.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Really?? What the hell is the matter with you? Why don't you just go away now.

Why don't you go away?

Is this serious? A player that was our QB was JUST traded and I have to go away for mentioning him? How many times do we hear Cutler/Orton/Plummer around here? Do folks mentioning him need to go away too?

I was starting to believe for a second that I really had lost perspective.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
I've seen Tebow with my own eyes. I've seen him go 3 quarters without a first down. I've seen him go entire quarters without a completion. He's not a QB.

Yeah, great. Your problem now. Deal with it.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM

He beat you guys, didn't he?

dogfish
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM

lol! and he beat you guys-- what's that say about you?

:lol:

but hey, you're probably right. . . handing sanchez the job with no competition has really driven him to excellence. . . bringing in a backup who competes his ass off could be tough on mark's ego, and we know dude is pretty fragile. . . messing with his complacency could be a big mistake. . .

still, i'm sure you guys are delighted that woody decided to "pass" on manning. . . :laugh:

yea. . . i bet those grapes are reeeeeeal sour, huh?

I Eat Staples
03-22-2012, 12:17 AM
This has to stop.

I think you're wrong here. Tebow is terrible PR, and it's naive to think that owners and GMs completely ignore the fans.

bcbronc
03-22-2012, 12:41 AM
wayninja is the Energizer Bunny of Tebow spammers.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Interesting that Tebow felt the NYJ coaching staff wanted him more than Jax. It may be a correct speculation that Jacksonville didn't REALLY want Tebow, and the owner was purely playing lip-service to give the fans what they wanted. Now he can say "he tried." Tebow actually picked the Jets over Jacksonville. I find that interesting.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:24 AM
I think you're wrong here. Tebow is terrible PR, and it's naive to think that owners and GMs completely ignore the fans.

We are talking about the guy who the owners and GM put on the cover of their magazines to boost season ticket sales, right? Bad PR?

Most fans wanted Tebow to stay. So... yeah, I guess in some situations at least, they do ignore their fans.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Interesting that Tebow felt the NYJ coaching staff wanted him more than Jax. It may be a correct speculation that Jacksonville didn't REALLY want Tebow, and the owner was purely playing lip-service to give the fans what they wanted. Now he can say "he tried." Tebow actually picked the Jets over Jacksonville. I find that interesting.

You haven't been keeping up. Tebow denied this in his conference call to the NY press. He said he had no say in the matter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c664b/article/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid

Dzone
03-22-2012, 01:42 AM
In NY City his message and ministry will get world wide coverage, leading to more people getting baptized.

JetsFanNYC
03-22-2012, 01:43 AM
He beat you guys, didn't he?

You all remember that game. Broncos offense did nothing the whole game until Tebow ran it down the Jets throat on their last drive. When I say nothing I mean nothing. He completed 9 passses in the game. He had 8 straight punts and 4 straight 3 and outs before that last drive. Jets lost because they couldn't put the ball in the end zone (which is one reason they may have traded for Tebow)

JetsFanNYC
03-22-2012, 01:45 AM
In NY City his message and ministry will get world wide coverage, leading to more people getting baptized.

Probably true 15 years ago, not in todays twitterverse. Players no longer need to go to the big markets to become huge stars. Tebow is as big as you get when it comes to sports. How many more endorements would Peyton of gotten going from Indy to say NYC or LA? He's already got more than anyone else in the NFL.

Canmore
03-22-2012, 01:49 AM
You all remember that game. Broncos offense did nothing the whole game until Tebow ran it down the Jets throat on their last drive. When I say nothing I mean nothing. He completed 9 passses in the game. He had 8 straight punts and 4 straight 3 and outs before that last drive. Jets lost because they couldn't put the ball in the end zone (which is one reason they may have traded for Tebow)

And if Goodman hadn't picked Sanchez there would not have been any game winning drive. And, and, and. That's the thing about Tebow last season, he won way more than he lost. Can he replicate it. I don't know, but in the red zone he is a beast.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM

So, you are saying the Jets lost because they couldn't put as many points on the board as Tebow? That's cunning stratagem that he employed then.

JetsFanNYC
03-22-2012, 02:01 AM
So, you are saying the Jets lost because they couldn't put as many points on the board as Tebow? That's cunning stratagem that he employed then.

That's not the point. Yes the Jets suck(ed), one of the worst games they have played since Rex came to NY, but Tebow wasn't any good either.. in fact he was horrible for 90% of the game. Both franchises should burn the game plan and game film from that night.

wayninja
03-22-2012, 02:18 AM
That's not the point. Yes the Jets suck(ed), one of the worst games they have played since Rex came to NY, but Tebow wasn't any good either.. in fact he was horrible for 90% of the game. Both franchises should burn the game plan and game film from that night.

Look, who are you trying to convince? I don't care anymore. My opinion is irrelevant. If he didn't suck before, I hope he does now because he's playing for you.

The shittier he is just means you had to be that much more shitty for him to beat you.

Canmore
03-22-2012, 02:27 AM

I guess we just sucked a little less, lol.

FlyByU
03-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Glad it's done.

It will start again as soon as we get a good draft QB, and IF Manning has regressed a lot there will be calling for benching Manning and starting the Rookie. So nothing is done its just starting up again If they do draft a good QB.

Northman
03-22-2012, 08:11 AM
It will start again as soon as we get a good draft QB, and IF Manning has regressed a lot there will be calling for benching Manning and starting the Rookie. So nothing is done its just starting up again If they do draft a good QB.

Ill take that bet.

FlyByU
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Ill take that bet.

That wasn't a bet it is the History of the Broncos since Shanny was fired by an incompetent FO.

Human being repeat history over and over again because they dont learn the first time.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 08:35 AM
You haven't been keeping up. Tebow denied this in his conference call to the NY press. He said he had no say in the matter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c664b/article/broncos-trade-tim-tebow-to-jets-jaguars-miss-out-on-bid

Rumor out there has it the JAC owner did not want Tebow b/c Tim would fill up the stadium. The owner didn't want that scenario b/c he plans to try and move to LA in the near future. Can't move the JAC franchise very easily if the fans are selling out the stadium every week.

Northman
03-22-2012, 08:38 AM
That wasn't a bet it is the History of the Broncos since Shanny was fired by an incompetent FO.

It has? Cutler played 3 years and i never once saw anyone call for his benching. And i seriously doubt that many people will call for Manning to be benched UNLESS he looks as bad as Tebow which we both know will never happen. Since the firing of Shanahan Orton was the only guy i saw where the fans were clamoring for him to be benched.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Why don't you go away?

Is this serious? A player that was our QB was JUST traded and I have to go away for mentioning him? How many times do we hear Cutler/Orton/Plummer around here? Do folks mentioning him need to go away too?

I was starting to believe for a second that I really had lost perspective.

The Tebow Train has left the station (ALL-A-BOARD!). Its the off season, hang around why dontcha. Tebow will continue to add to the discussion forum.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Yeah. Eveyrone is saying that Tim had a choice, and the Jags pick would have been a higher pick for the Broncos... but Tim denies turning down his hometown team. I can see why Tim would deny this, but I think that the reports are accurate and that Tim had a choice. Schefter doesn't report rumors from inside the Broncos office.

But I'm sure Bullgator will appeciate the denial so that he can start his conspiracy theories again.

chelsface
03-22-2012, 02:10 PM
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry. http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry[video=youtube_share;RjjoLAajJHk]http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk

wayninja
03-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah. Eveyrone is saying that Tim had a choice, and the Jags pick would have been a higher pick for the Broncos... but Tim denies turning down his hometown team. I can see why Tim would deny this, but I think that the reports are accurate and that Tim had a choice. Schefter doesn't report rumors from inside the Broncos office.

But I'm sure Bullgator will appeciate the denial so that he can start his conspiracy theories again.

Yours is the conspiracy theory. What is simpler?

A. The broncos trade tebow, only to have that deal hit a snag, and THEN they ask Tebow where he wants to go. Tebow chooses NY even though it was reported that friends with him at Dinner heard him say he wished to go back to Florida. Tebow then lies to his new fanbase about it in order to not offend a fanbase he does not play for.

Or

B. Elway and Co traded Tebow to those they felt would benefit the Broncos most, consistent with every move they've made with Tebow up to that point. Schefter tweeted something, realized it either wasn't entirely or at all true and tried to rescind it by posting something contradictory within minutes. The media runs with the first quote except for a few that saw the incongruity. Tebow lays it all to rest by stating that it wasn't true.

Seems like it's a no-brainer which one requires the conspiracy theory label.