PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jets or Jags for 3rd, today.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 08:23 AM
“@EricGoodman: BREAKING: WKMG in Orlando is reporting: #TimTebow will be traded to the Jaguars or the Jets today for a 3rd round pick”

TXBRONC
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
That would be a lot better than what I thought would be offered.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Here's the link to the story. http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/Source-Tebow-going-to-Jags-or-Jets/-/1636890/9641634/-/uvvbc/-/index.html

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Hopefully this isn't like Clay Travis reporting on the Titans signing Manning.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh that is awesome! Waay more than i thought they could get!
Hopefully EFX can now take that pick and a 2013 3rd and trade them to CAR for JStew.
CAR cant afford all these high profile RBs. Including Cam.
They just signed Tolbert to a 4 year deal and Jstew is a FA at the end of the year.
Get it done Elway!

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh that awesome! Waay more than i thought they could get!
Hopefully EFX can now take that pick and a 2013 3rd and trade them to CAR for JStew.
They just signed Tolbert to a 4 year deal and Jstew is a FA at the end of the year.
Get it done Elway!

Two thirds is a pretty steep price for Stewart IMO....Recent history has shown you can find productive backs for dirt cheap (UFA's or FA's like McGahee).

I would never waste good draft picks on a RB unless I knew he was an elite talent like Adrian Peterson...Productive guys like LaGarrette Blunt are a dime a dozen and can be found easily.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Two thirds is a pretty steep price for Stewart IMO....Recent history has shown you can find productive backs for dirt cheap (UFA's or FA's like McGahee).

I would never waste good draft picks on a RB unless I knew he was an elite talent like Adrian Peterson...Productive guys like LaGarrette Blunt are a dime a dozen and can be found easily.

F that. there are no more productive backs, and DEN needs another.
I dont think CAR lets JStew go for anything less than a 2nd or multiple picks.
Hes still very young, and if given the chance, i thinks hes elite.
A McGahee/JStew backfield make DENs offense much more potent.
And DEN could finally dump that no talent, ass-clown knowshow.
But i hear what your saying in regards to RBs.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Hope this is true...

Dirk
03-21-2012, 08:47 AM
I hope that the "mystery team" (Pats) comes in and give us a 2nd or Mallet to trump the Jets and Jags. Make it happen Bellicheat!

Medford Bronco
What a steal that would be. It would be fun to see tebow and rexy if to the jets. Cam
U say explosive

Mike

Save the picks, sign Michael Bush.

I would be shocked if we get a 3 for Tebow.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Oh that is frucking awesome! Waay more than i thought they could get!
Get it done Elway!

I like (not love) Stewart as much as the next guy, but I'd rather dangle a third rounder in front of Bellichick and try to get Ryan Mallett from NE. He's the 3rd stringer there and is a prototype pocket passer that has been able to sit behind Brady for a year and would be able to do the same behind Manning. It would also save us from having to take a risk drafting one high in this draft (I honestly think we will draft one in the first two rounds this year). There will be a run on QBs as soon as Tannehill comes off the board. Guys like Weeden, Osweiler, Cousins, and Foles will all go higher than they probably should as teams start to panic (like they did last year). The only reason Mallett fell so far was character concerns and bad combine interviews. He was the most talented passer in last year's draft class and I think he'd do well in Denver under the tutelage of Manning and Elway. Just my thoughts on the matter.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 08:56 AM

Stewart is a very good back. The reason he's not "elite" is that he has injury/durability concerns and must play in a two back rotation. Giving him more than 15 touches a game is asking for another injury. I think we can find a good complement to the guys we already have later in the draft or cheaper in FA. I was big on the Deangelo Williams bandwagon last year, now after seeing what he did compared to what he got paid, I'm glad we didn't sign him. We give up 2 thirds for Stewart for what, a one year rental? Then he'll expect Deangelo Williams-type money or he'll walk as a FA. No thanks. He's just not worth it, IMO.

PatriotsGuy
03-21-2012, 08:58 AM
I hope that the "mystery team" (Pats) comes in and give us a 2nd or Mallet to trump the Jets and Jags. Make it happen Bellicheat!

I don't see this happening.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Stewart is a very good back. The reason he's not "elite" is that he has injury/durability concerns and must play in a two back rotation. Giving him more than 15 touches a game is asking for another injury. I think we can find a good complement to the guys we already have later in the draft or cheaper in FA. I was big on the Deangelo Williams bandwagon last year, now after seeing what he did compared to what he got paid, I'm glad we didn't sign him. We give up 2 thirds for Stewart for what, a one year rental? Then he'll expect Deangelo Williams-type money or he'll walk as a FA. No thanks. He's just not worth it, IMO.

I dont think DEN can find a back in the later rounds that compares to JStew. Or in FA.
But i like the Mallet idea. I would have no problem with that move either.

Shazam!
03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Id LOVE THIS. Tebow here in NY.

Me and Dread can go to a Jets game when he takes Sanchez job.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM

No-show is going to have a year this year as a third down back in the Broncos new system. Not as fan of his but this is going to be his best year. We still need another RB though as McGahee is older and might wear down

Dzone
03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Tebow could end up playing for an obese, foul mouthed, blowhard, foot fetishist? Oh the humanity

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 09:09 AM
F that. there are no more productive backs, and DEN needs another. I dont think CAR lets JStew go for anything less than a 2nd or multiple picks.

Well there is this thing called the draft that is coming up soon where these college players try their hand in the NFL.

slim
03-21-2012, 09:14 AM
He is worth a 2nd round pick.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Well there is this thing called the draft that is coming up soon where these college players try their hand in the NFL.

I know man, but i thnk DEN is gonna go after linemen on both sides of the ball there.
Really try to bulk up those issues.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
No-show is going to have a year this year as a third down back in the Broncos new system. Not as fan of his but this is going to be his best year. We still need another RB though as McGahee is older and might wear down

Dude, you crazy. Knowshow blows dog penis.
Slow, no vision, couldnt break a tackle to save his life and hes an idiot.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 09:22 AM

Not to mention he's missed more games in 3 seasons than Manning has in his career...

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Whoever get's Tim for a 3rd round is getting a steal. Tim was a "project QB" still kind of is. But now has all the experience to HELP him understand the game that much more. HE should have been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick from the get go but McDouche jumped the GUN. Now the team that lands him will obtain him at a lesser cost and with actual experience!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK TIMMY BOY

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
That sure friggin didn't take long.....

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM

This is why I love internet message boards.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
I am no Slow-shon fan, but I think a Manning lead offence is his ONLY chance to succeed. BTW for my prediction to be right it wouldn't take that much to be the best of his career. It isn't like he has done much.

Traveler
03-21-2012, 09:43 AM

WOW! Tell us how you really feel SoCal! :D Have to agree with you though.

Having watched him here at GA, I thought he'd become a very good RB. Now, I think it's time the team moved on.

It wouldn't upset me at if he was thrown in a part of the possible Tebow trade.

Maybe receive a pick and player in return.

Mike
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Whoever get's Tim for a 3rd round is getting a steal. Tim was a "project QB" still kind of is. But now has all the experience to HELP him understand the game that much more. HE should have been a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick from the get go but McDouche jumped the GUN. Now the team that lands him will obtain him at a lesser cost and with actual experience!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK TIMMY BOY

It would be nice if it were a conditional pick and based on production rather that playing time. It's a buyers market on him, so I would be shocked with a 3rd rounder.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Damn it!

Enough with this Tebow to the Pats shit.

**** Mallet and **** McD. Would rather trade with the Raiders than the Pats.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
If it's down to a third from both teams then why is the deal not done yet? The Jags third is much better than the jets'.

I wonder of Elway is actually taking Tebow's input on which he'd prefer? Not saying he definitely is, just wondering.

slim
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
If it's down to a third from both teams then why is the deal not done yet? The Jags third is much better than the jets'.

I wonder of Elway is actually taking Tebow's input on which he'd prefer? Not saying he definitely is, just wondering.

Well, maybe because they are trying to get one of the teams to give up a 2nd?

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 09:55 AM

Who knows if the report out of an Orlando news source is even reliable? It's just a bunch of speculation and posturing right now. Get calls, take offers, make counter offers, make counter-counter offers, etc. If the Jags and Jets are really offering up a 3rd round pick, we're probably trying to get a little more by way of a player or a low round pick, too. If the Jags are offering a 3rd, we're probably trying to get a 3rd and 7th or 3rd and 6th from the Jets equalize the value.

This is all speculation of course. All the "respected" sports media outlets are still saying a 5th rounder, 4th at best, and not really talking about what the Orlando paper is.

LTC Pain
03-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd take a 3rd for Tebow from the Jags or Jets in a heartbeat. Would prefer a 2nd but won't get greedy. A straight up trade to the Pats for Mallett would be optimal!

dogfish
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Save the picks, sign Michael Bush.

I would be shocked if we get a 3 for Tebow.

carolina can die in a fire if they think stewart's gimp ass is worth anything near a second. . . i'd take him off their hands for a 4th-- anything more and they can get bent. . .

bush would be a nice fit, but we don't have any interest as far as i can tell. . . and i don't blame them for not wanting to spend on an older back when we are officially now a pass-first offense anyway. . .

nope. . . save the picks and the cash, and draft chris polk in the third if we get an extra pick out of the tebones trade. . .

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Polk or that kid out of Temple. He is a beast.

claymore
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Well, maybe because they are trying to get one of the teams to give up a 2nd?
Good Lord Gator.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 10:25 AM
In my opinion, Elway and this FO don't give players away. If they get a 4th or worse they might keep Tebow.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Xanders already said they will not cut him. So not getting a 3rd or better, they might be forced to keep him. I'm glad they at least seem to care about value.

CoachChaz
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I think Moreno is going to have a bigger role this year as a receiver...the Addai role. Get use to seeing him out tere

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Xanders already said they will not cut him. So not getting a 3rd or better, they might be forced to keep him. I'm glad they at least seem to care about value.

That's just business posturing to garner the best deal...

It won't come down to cutting him (someone will certainly give up something), but if it did, make no mistake about it, Tebow would be cut.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 10:40 AM
The next step in the process may be finding a trade partner, but the Broncos are in no hurry to do so. As for an outright release, well, the Broncos said no way.

"He's a first-round pick," Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said. "He's just won the division, we were 1-4 at the time, he's got a guaranteed contract. I can't see that."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/03/20/john.elway.tim.tebow.ap/index.html#ixzz1plZh47Ld

Of course they also said that Tebow would be around a long, long time, so take it for what it is worth.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Can we ******* DROP the "hope he's here a long time" quote?

I don't think that was disingenuous. They hoped Tebow would get better so that could happen but Manning came available and offered a better alternative to waiting and hoping that could happen.

Elway was a lot more honest than most in his position would have been.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM

I don't think that was disingenuous. They hoped Tebow would get better so that could happen but Manning came available and offered a better alternative to waiting and hoping that could happen.

Well if he was genuine that he wanted Tebow here a long time, there's no reason he can't keep him on as a developmental backup.

If they were hoping Tebow would get better they sure didn't give that time to happen...Elway had said he was going to work with Tebow in the offseason, so there's no reason he still couldn't have done that to get Tebow ready to take over in a few seasons.

The fact is Elway never thought Tebow would develop, regardless if he worked with him, or else he would be kept...It was merely lip service.

I don't fault Elway for getting rid of Tebow if he doesn't think Tebow can develop, I just happen to disagree...The comments do come off as disingenuine though.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 10:51 AM

Tim Tebow will be our starter going into training camp. A lie is a lie, he could have said "we'll do what we need to make this team better" like McDaniels did. I don't have a big deal with Elway saying he supported Tim, when he really didn't and wanted a different QB. That is what he is payed to do, but I still think he is a liar just like all the other GM's.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure why people get so upset about the thought of Elway being 'disingenuous'. He was. It probably won't be the last time. So? He'll probably lie too.

Does that really matter?

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM

I doubt there is really a third offered from both. But I would bet that Elway makes a trade that is best for Tim. Thats generally what you see in situations like this, and Tim wants to be a starting NFL QB. Send him to the team that gives him the best chance.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure why people get so upset about the thought of Elway being 'disingenuous'. He was. It probably won't be the last time. So? He'll probably lie too.

Does that really matter?

He did say he was going to make the franchise "transparent", and I think he has done pretty well at that, except for the Tebow stuff. I don't see how a GM can't lie without pissing off half the team or making everything a media circus. I love me some John Elway, but I'm not going to put him on some ridiculous pedestal.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Does that really matter?

In the scheme of things, no, it doesn't matter (as long as we are winning, just about anything is tolerated).

I think what rubs people the wrong way is that Elway promised transparency, but so far all we've seen is transparent lip service...Its like a politician just telling people what they want to hear just to avoid controversy, as opposed to just telling it how it is.

What was transparent was that Elway never wanted Tebow as his QB, but he would just never come out and say it, depite his promise of transparency.

Fans aren't stupid, and they know when they are being lied to, so to say some of the things he said was just an insult to the fan's intelligence.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
He did say he was going to make the franchise "transparent", and I think he has done pretty well at that, except for the Tebow stuff. I don't see how a GM can't lie without pissing off half the team or making everything a media circus. I love me some John Elway, but I'm not going to put him on some ridiculous pedestal.

Ha...you took the "transparency" angle right out of my typing fingers.

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 11:07 AM

Does that really matter?The Elway fanbois don't want to think of their god as a "car salesman". He is, and it ruffles their feathers/panties in a wad as it brings him down a notch.

slim
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Good Lord Gator.

Stop hating...

You say the kid has no value, but the truth is there are numerous teams interested in him. He is better than you give him credit for.

BigDaddyBronco
03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Stop hating...

You say the kid has no value, but the truth is there are numerous teams interested in him. He is better than you give him credit for.

Well yea. Clay is an all or nothing guy. No gray with clay.

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 11:33 AM

Does that really matter?

for the tebow fans, they need a villain. elway's become the popular choice. they're searching for any reason to push the blame of tebow's departure on somebody other than tebow; even if it's a stretch, even if it's exaggerated.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Of course they probably thought Tebow would be here a long time. It's like a 15 year old kid and their bf/gf. They love each other "forever". But when something better comes along..

Also, I don't see why people are beginning to hate Elway. He genuinely cares about this franchise. He always has. He's trying his best to bring us a Super Bowl. He always has. Why hate that?

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Of course they probably thought Tebow would be here a long time. It's like a 15 year old kid and their bf/gf. They love each other "forever". But when something better comes along..

Also, I don't see why people are beginning to hate Elway. He genuinely cares about this franchise. He always has. He's trying his best to bring us a Super Bowl. He always has. Why hate that?

Thank you.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:30 PM

Does that really matter?

Somtimes i wonder if you even like the Broncos? :confused:

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:33 PM

If you hate Elway, there is plenty of room on other teams bandwagons to root for. You can always change to Kelly Green & White.

Its not like there are not a lot of fans there that love Elway. I think these moves were pure genius.

Remember 16.6 PPG does not cut it long term. 8-8 is not a great record either. SD puked on themselves and the Raiders did as well.

one playoff win and a 9-9 record is very average IMO. CAnt count on Marion Barber. 59 yard fgs, onsides kicks, pick 6s and a lot of great bounces to happen all the time can you?

wayninja
03-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Somtimes i wonder if you even like the Broncos? :confused:

What? Why?

If I think Elway may have lied or been disingenuous, I don't like the Broncos?

It's weird what people will call each other out for. I get called a non-bronco fan because I liked the Broncos QB, and now if I think for a minute that Elway would say something untruthful if he though it would benefit the team, that makes me equally an un-fan?

Allrighty.

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
for the tebow fans, they need a villain. elway's become the popular choice. they're searching for any reason to push the blame of tebow's departure on somebody other than tebow; even if it's a stretch, even if it's exaggerated.

its the whole simpleton religious thing... good vs evil, god vs the devil... its an easy thing for weak minded people to latch on to

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Stop hating...

You say the kid has no value, but the truth is there are numerous teams interested in him. He is better than you give him credit for. We got exactly what I thought we would. A 4th at the highest. The 2.5 mil we had to pay is a little ridiculous, but it made the problem go away.

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
We got exactly what I thought we would. A 4th at the highest. The 2.5 mil we had to pay is a little ridiculous, but it made the problem go away.

I have to ask the apostles.. if he was such a great player why did we have to pay another team to take us off our hands?

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
What? Why?

If I think Elway may have lied or been disingenuous, I don't like the Broncos?

It's weird what people will call each other out for. I get called a non-bronco fan because I liked the Broncos QB, and now if I think for a minute that Elway would say something untruthful if he though it would benefit the team, that makes me equally an un-fan?

Allrighty.

Look we are opposites and I get it. I am just inquiring. I love tjhe Broncos and you probably do as well. I just dont love Tebow never did and never will. I love his attitude but not the way he plays. It is sucky
boring football to me. I hate the 1975 offense. I want to see the modern NFL offense with some running as well, like we had in 1998 etc.

I just am happy that his circus will be over soon and we can focus on getting better as a team hopefully.

slim
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
We got exactly what I thought we would. A 4th at the highest. The 2.5 mil we had to pay is a little ridiculous, but it made the problem go away.

I'm glad it's done.

Maybe in a few weeks this place will be bearable.

jhildebrand
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
I have to ask the apostles.. if he was such a great player why did we have to pay another team to take us off our hands?

If Manning is so great why did Indy let him walk? :confused:

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm glad it's done.

Maybe we can get some players for the defense. We do have some suspensions that have gone under the radar. DJ Williams was good for us last year
and to miss 6 games possibly is not a good thing. Also our secondary is very old. I want to see what the Broncos can do and not worry about TT anymore. It is over, thankfully.

slim
03-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm glad it's done.

Or maybe we better give it a few months :sad:

slim
03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Maybe we can get some players for the defense. We do have some suspensions that have gone under the radar. DJ Williams was good for us last year
and to miss 6 games possibly is not a good thing. Also our secondary is very old. I want to see what the Broncos can do and not worry about TT anymore. It is over, thankfully.

Yeah, the resigned Mays and Woodyard...not really my preference....but we'll see what they can do in the next couple of days. Maybe they will surprise us.

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 08:50 PM

because the Indy team sucks and are at best an 8-8 team with him there. Why not let the kid luck play from
the getgo.

btw another HOF QB finished up in KC, remember him, oh yes Joe Montana. So this is not new is it.

I think some tebowites would get mad if we got even Aaron Rodgers or Brees over him. This is laughable really.

weazel
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM

28 million dollars and an injury.... Broncos are taking a risk grabbing a guy that just come off 4 injuries. But ask yourself, how bad is your current QB when you want a guy with a broken neck?

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 08:53 PM
If you hate Elway, there is plenty of room on other teams bandwagons to root for. You can always change to Kelly Green & White.

Its not like there are not a lot of fans there that love Elway. I think these moves were pure genius.

Remember 16.6 PPG does not cut it long term. 8-8 is not a great record either. SD puked on themselves and the Raiders did as well.

one playoff win and a 9-9 record is very average IMO. CAnt count on Marion Barber. 59 yard fgs, onsides kicks, pick 6s and a lot of great bounces to happen all the time can you?

Med, you just can't work that angle. Every Championship team has things that go their way throughout the season. Those things you listed happen every week in the NFL. Calls go your way, bounces go your way, blown coverages, opponent injuries at critical positions while your team stays relatively healthy, overtime coin flips, onsides kicks, the strength of your schedule from week to week and which opponent you face where and when, etc, etc, etc.

These things happen all the time and in order to be a Champion, those "breaks" have to go your way more often than not. People who don't want to give this team credit keep saying we were "lucky"... for 6 STRAIGHT WEEKS? Nobody is that lucky. Nobody forfeited and every team fielded the best team they could against us. Yeah, we had some breaks go our way, but damn which team that wins more games than they lose hasn't? We didn't get "Hoculi'd" into the playoffs. There were no controversial calls that would've reversed our wins and eliminated us from playoff contention. We got to the playoffs and BEAT THE DEFENDING AFC CHAMPS after being double-digit underdogs.

It's not that hard to give credit where it's due. I really wish people would stop trying to diminish what this team did last year as if it was some kind of fluke, or God forbid a "down year" for us. I've got nothing but love and respect for last year's squad. The youth, the injuries, the lockout, a coaching change. They had every excuse to suck ass and yet they still played their asses off and got to the playoffs.

You do know that a 9-7 team won the Superbowl last year and the team that finished 15-1 lost their first and only game to that team, right? Regular season record really doesn't matter. Everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. We got there. That's all that matters.

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Or maybe we better give it a few months :sad:

The draft is next month....so at LEAST a few more months.

slim
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
The draft is next month....so at LEAST a few more months.

Oh yeah, the draft.

We should start a pool to see who will have the biggest post draft meltdown.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah, the draft.

I can tell you it will be a tie between dogfish and me if the Broncos don't draft a mother-luvin' Defensive Tackle...

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Med, you just can't work that angle. Every Championship team has things that go their way throughout the season. Those things you listed happen every week in the NFL. Calls go your way, bounces go your way, blown coverages, opponent injuries at critical positions while your team stays relatively healthy, overtime coin flips, onsides kicks, the strength of your schedule from week to week and which opponent you face where and when, etc, etc, etc.

These things happen all the time and in order to be a Champion, those "breaks" have to go your way more often than not. People who don't want to give this team credit keep saying we were "lucky"... for 6 STRAIGHT WEEKS? Nobody is that lucky. Nobody forfeited and every team fielded the best team they could against us. Yeah, we had some breaks go our way, but damn which team that wins more games than they lose hasn't? We didn't get "Hoculi'd" into the playoffs. There were no controversial calls that would've reversed our wins and eliminated us from playoff contention. We got to the playoffs and BEAT THE DEFENDING AFC CHAMPS after being double-digit underdogs.

It's not that hard to give credit where it's due. I really wish people would stop trying to diminish what this team did last year as if it was some kind of fluke, or God forbid a "down year" for us. I've got nothing but love and respect for last year's squad. The youth, the injuries, the lockout, a coaching change. They had every excuse to suck ass and yet they still played their asses off and got to the playoffs.

You do know that a 9-7 team won the Superbowl last year and the team that finished 15-1 lost their first and only game to that team, right? Regular season record really doesn't matter. Everyone is 0-0 in the playoffs. We got there. That's all that matters.

I understand HP were you are going. I am looking at some of the once in a lifetime things that happened. Down 15 pts vs Miami and won. SD misses a FG in ot after we call a timeout when we blocked the orig. The Chicago miracle game.

I know the Giants were 9-7, but please dont compare the Giants to Denver in 2011. Not even close. The AFC West was horrible last season and we backed in. yes the win over Pitt was good but they also played a horrible game defensivley with 9 in the box as they had zero repect for Tebow. He is not a HS qb like Pitt treated them. This is just my opinion and I respect yours. We think differently. That is fine. I still see a 9-9 team.

having said that, with Manning and the defense playing like last year at the end, I see 10 or 11 wins possibly if he is healthy. I would root for whomever the Bronco QB is, even if they are not my fav like TT was/is

dogfish
03-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm glad it's done.

:spit:

:pound:

:rofl: :rofl:

Medford Bronco
03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
:spit:

:pound:

:rofl: :rofl:

This place has not been bearable since the Plummer/Cutler fiaso (I am linking the old Broncomania place as well)

dogfish
03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
I can tell you it will be a tie between dogfish and me if the Broncos don't draft a mother-luvin' Defensive Tackle...

not me, homie. . .

two years ago, yeah. . . i wasn't even pissed last year, though. . . when i saw that we were gonna pass dareus, i pretty much assumed they were just going to punt again. . . i just laughed when we did-- i've come to expect it. . . and i can tell you right now, it's not happeneing this year, either-- save yourself some time and get over it now. . .

for whatever reason, the organization just doesn't value the position that much. . . it is what it is. . . the only way this team will ever get a legitimately good DT signed to a long term contract is by accident. . .

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Look we are opposites and I get it. I am just inquiring. I love tjhe Broncos and you probably do as well. I just dont love Tebow never did and never will. I love his attitude but not the way he plays. It is sucky
boring football to me. I hate the 1975 offense. I want to see the modern NFL offense with some running as well, like we had in 1998 etc.

I just am happy that his circus will be over soon and we can focus on getting better as a team hopefully.

I guess we are opposites. I sat through the Cutler years (talk about boring, that guy couldn't inspire bread to rise), the Orton blandness (who cares how good your stats are if you can't win the damn game) and finally got to Tebow, who I admit, at first I didn't think would do shit. This season was the easily the most fun I've had watching the broncos in a long time and it's solely because is fun to watch an underdog beat the odds and prove critics and national media wrong. I like that stuff, if that makes me blind or sappy or whatever else you got, I can take it.

My first love will always be the Broncos and I can't EVER see myself rooting for the Jets. In the end, I appreciated that the kid showed us we could win no matter how bad people thought we sucked. It's a good lesson and one he deserves respect for bringing back to us.

I think you might be fooling yourself a bit if you think the circus ends. This is 2012. Circuses will just keep getting bigger.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM

Easy, we were willing to do so. No one forced this, not even the 'circus'.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh yeah, the draft.

Lol... I can see it now... Cox, Worthy, Stills, Brockers, Reyes, Gilmore, Dre, even Hightower all there and out of the blue we pick... Zack Brown... :lol:

A Fox type alright but anybody got odds on Zack?

dogfish
03-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Lol... I can see it now... Cox, Worthy, Stills, Brockers, Reyes, Gilmore, Dre, even Hightower all there and out of the blue we pick... Zack Brown... :lol:

A Fox type alright but anybody got odds on Zack?

at this point in the process, my money's on cordy glenn. . . that may change a dozen times between now and draft day, though. . .

SpringsBroncoFan
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
at this point in the process, my money's on cordy glenn. . . that may change a dozen times between now and draft day, though. . .

Yeah but I figured I'd keep it to defensive players so Peyton doesn't get blamed... Yes, his speed likely puts him over Adams but I wouldn't count Wright out with his 40 time today - 4.47

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
I guess we are opposites. I sat through the Cutler years (talk about boring

Lost you there.

Fullback32
03-22-2012, 09:52 AM
T-T-T-Tebow and the Jetsssssssssssssss.....

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I guess we are opposites. I sat through the Cutler years (talk about boring, that guy couldn't inspire bread to rise), the Orton blandness (who cares how good your stats are if you can't win the damn game) and finally got to Tebow, who I admit, at first I didn't think would do shit. This season was the easily the most fun I've had watching the broncos in a long time and it's solely because is fun to watch an underdog beat the odds and prove critics and national media wrong. I like that stuff, if that makes me blind or sappy or whatever else you got, I can take it.

My first love will always be the Broncos and I can't EVER see myself rooting for the Jets. In the end, I appreciated that the kid showed us we could win no matter how bad people thought we sucked. It's a good lesson and one he deserves respect for bringing back to us.

I think you might be fooling yourself a bit if you think the circus ends. This is 2012. Circuses will just keep getting bigger.

Peyton Manning circus is in town. Manning calls all the shots and has final say as GM, head coach and OC just like he did with the Colts. It will be interesting to see how long the Manning-Elway marriage lasts because Manning's made Elway/Fox/McCoy redundant.

Mike
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Peyton Manning circus is in town. Manning calls all the shots and has final say as GM, head coach and OC just like he did with the Colts. It will be interesting to see how long the Manning-Elway marriage lasts because Manning's made Elway/Fox/McCoy redundant.

That is absurd. There is no doubt that Manning will bring more to the OC job than McCoy does...not hard to do. But there is nothing that suggests Elway and Manning will conflict on anything. And the same goes for Fox. You are just throwing crap at the wall.

Elway is throwing his young reputation as a GM on the line with Manning. He will fully support and get him the tools he needs to succeed.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
That is absurd. There is no doubt that Manning will bring more to the OC job than McCoy does...not hard to do. But there is nothing that suggests Elway and Manning will conflict on anything. And the same goes for Fox. You are just throwing crap at the wall.

Elway is throwing his young reputation as a GM on the line with Manning. He will fully support and get him the tools he needs to succeed.

Hippo is just being a Bullgator with this Manning thing. Spreading it into every thread he can that "Manning will be running everything." Like you said, ridiculous drivel.

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Hippo is just being a Bullgator with this Manning thing. Spreading it into every thread he can that "Manning will be running everything." Like you said, ridiculous drivel.

He ran everything in Indy and for the most part it worked. You would have to be blind not to see it. Jim Caldwell was just a puppet figurehead to the real head coach. And frankly, I think Peyton is one of the best de facto head coaches in the business and will be a great real head coach when he retires.

Ravage!!!
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
He ran everything in Indy and for the most part it worked. You would have to be blind not to see it. Jim Caldwell was just a puppet figurehead to the real head coach. And frankly, I think Peyton is one of the best de facto head coaches in the business and will be a great real head coach when he retires.

He didn't run everything. He ran the offense. He didn't draft, he didn't pick players, he didn't sign FAs, and he didn't hire/fire people. Your exaggerations are the ridiculous part.

TimHippo
03-22-2012, 11:51 AM
He didn't run everything. He ran the offense. He didn't draft, he didn't pick players, he didn't sign FAs, and he didn't hire/fire people. Your exaggerations are the ridiculous part.

He had the final say IMO. If he wanted offensive help he got it at the expense of defense. And then he was able to request his type of players (sure handed receivers with certain measurable that he could develop into good receivers). Manning is the ultimate competitor and control freak. Watch his ESPN documentary, he controls everything. That's why he wins.

chelsface
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry. http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry. [video] http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk

dogfish
03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry. http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk
This is my 5 year olds reaction to hearing that his two favorite players Tim Tebow and Eddie Royal were gone - this was his reaction to hearing that Tim Tebow was traded from the Denver Broncos to the NY Jets - But if that wasn't enough he also found out that his other favorite player Eddie Royal left the Broncos as well. Sometimes its tough to be a fan and you just cant help but cry. [video] http://youtu.be/RjjoLAajJHk

funny. . . a lot of people here cried like five-year-olds the entire time tim was on the team. . .

:coffee:

Dapper Dan
03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
funny. . . a lot of people here cried like five-year-olds the entire time tim was on the team. . .

:coffee:
And some still act like 5 year olds.