PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 games...who do you have your eye on today?

lex
10-20-2007, 11:46 AM
-Im going to flip back and forth between Vandy-S Car and Penn State-Indiana for the first round of games.

broncos9697
10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
-Im going to flip back and forth between Vandy-S Car and Penn State-Indiana for the first round of games.

auburn all over lsu this week------------------- 35-24 is my pick

Skinny
10-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Vandy/SC, Bama/Tenn is always a good game . . . and GT/Army.

lex
10-20-2007, 12:08 PM
auburn all over lsu this week------------------- 35-24 is my pick

Yeah, I may tune into that one now and then. Kentucky used so much of the shotgun spread that its hard to guage some of the defensive players. Beckwith is one guy Im kind of interested in. He might be a more physical linebacker that would help us. On the other hand it might be distorted since he has Dorsey playing in front of him. Ive also been looking at Steltz. Highsmith looks like he might be another Ian Gold. It will also be interesting to see if Auburns DTs can control the interior line like they have the last couple of weeks. I wonder if Hester will be a factor.

lex
10-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Vandy/SC, Bama/Tenn is always a good game . . . and GT/Army.

Im looking at Goff and Gatewood in particular.

Skinny
10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Carolina playing like crap. Give me Earl Bennett 8 days a week. . .

lex
10-20-2007, 02:24 PM
If Marcus Thigpen goes pro, I really hope he is an option available to us where it would be sensible to take him

And, btw, Hardy is pretty incredible. I think he will be a guy whose value skyrockets at the combine when his speed/height combo is more on display. He had one play where he just reached over Justin King and grabbed a TD pass like King was nothing.

Skinny
10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
SouCal/ND and Fla/Ken now.

BroncoAV06
10-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Been pretty busy today have not been able to catch any games so far, boo.

Being a homer, I am not expecting these guys to be 1st round picks at all I was just wondering if by any chance any of you guys has heard of Marcus Smith or Travis Brown WR New Mexico? Both were at the top of the Mt. West in reciving last year Smith lead the conference.

This year:
Smith: 47 rec, 566 yards, 1 TD
Brown: 39 rec, 519 yards, 4 TD

Rodney Furguson lead the conference in rushing last year, power back runs hard between that tackles, and has burst out of the line.

151 rushes, 649 yards, 8 TD so far this year.

Jr DE for the Bulls, undersized good speed reminds me of Elvis, can't think of his name of the top of my head at the moment.

Skinny
10-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I would be very satisfied with Sedric Ellis giving the pick. He's been impressive from what i've seen of him. Strong and quick with a good motor.

What's he rated right now as far as draft prospects?? 3rd best i think i read, not positive.

Put him maybe mid 1st round??

Skinny
10-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Mich./Ill. now. Been wanting to see Hart play. Have'nt had any other opportunities too.

Skinny
10-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Mich./Ill. now. Been wanting to see Hart play. Have'nt had any other opportunities too.See what i mean . . . i did'nt even know he was out . . . :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Ellis is not the kind of defensive tackle you want here. It's not he size, but he's a Cover 2, Tampa 2 - type defensive tackle. His talents are wasted in a system like this.

Skinny
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Ellis is not the kind of defensive tackle you want here. It's not he size, but he's a Cover 2, Tampa 2 - type defensive tackle. His talents are wasted in a system like this.Is'nt Ellis considered to be in the same mold as a Marcus Thomas?? This is what i was gathering.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Is'nt Ellis considered to be in the same mold as a Marcus Thomas?? This is what i was gathering.

Well, I think they're classic 3 technique's who can shoot the gap and get to the quarterback. There are obviously some differences, but Ellis isn't the kind of player you'd want in Bates' system. Not that you can discredit a player due to size, but his skill set doesn't seem to play up to the strengths players need as DT's in this system. If we do scrap his system and change, he'd be a nice prospect to have. I don't see him as being a great fit though. He'd do well in Tampa Bay or Indianapolis.

Skinny
10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, I think they're classic 3 technique's who can shoot the gap and get to the quarterback. There are obviously some differences, but Ellis isn't the kind of player you'd want in Bates' system. Not that you can discredit a player due to size, but his skill set doesn't seem to play up to the strengths players need as DT's in this system. If we do scrap his system and change, he'd be a nice prospect to have. I don't see him as being a great fit though. He'd do well in Tampa Bay or Indianapolis.I think i understand what you're getting at. A better D-lineman for Bates system would be more of a 'clogger', a heavier guy, than a 'gap shooter'. . . i think. Knowing what the DT's are asked to do, that makes sense.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, in Bates' defense you want guys who can get into gaps and attack them as well, but can hold up at the POA as well. Ellis is a finesse guy, and I don't think he would do well here.