PDA

View Full Version : What about all the Bronco Tebow Jerseys?

HammeredOut
03-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Craigslist must be just hoping around with offers right now. Better yet... Ebay...

Somebody will likely get a Tebow Jersey wrapped up at christmas this year...... Then you get it back the next year.....

sneakers
03-21-2012, 02:16 AM
turn them back into brandon marshall jerseys

HammeredOut
03-21-2012, 02:18 AM
turn them back into brandon marshall jerseys

Noo.. He still plays in the NFL right now....

Marlin Briscoe Jerseys.... 15#

Shazam!
03-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Exactly why I dont buy jerseys from current players. Stopped that years ago after Cutler left town...

sneakers
03-21-2012, 04:51 AM
We need to buy more billboards! Billboards will save Tebow.

claymore
03-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Im burning mine in the parking lot of an unknown game this year... Happiest fire ever.... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Army Bronco
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I think its a safe bet to buy a Champ Bailey jersey.

threefolddead
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
The wonderful irony of the situation is that Tebow jersey sales alone are paying Peytons contract :D

lgenf
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
i'm donating mine

claymore
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
The wonderful irony of the situation is that Tebow jersey sales alone are paying Peytons contract :D

Unfortunatly due to profit sharing and the CBA, Bowlen only benefits from jersey sales at the team store.

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Im burning mine in the parking lot of an unknown game this year... Happiest fire ever.... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah right! Like you would EVER buy anything with Tebow on it!

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
i'm donating mine
Just curious, why wouldn't you add it to the Florida one and whatever the new team is and have a collection following his career as I know you are a big fan of his? Is it because you don't keep collections like that or you see this as a black mark? As a fan of Tebow I would be proud of what he did in his short time in Denver.

lgenf
03-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Just curious, why wouldn't you add it to the Florida one and whatever the new team is and have a collection following his career as I know you are a big fan of his? Is it because you don't keep collections like that or you see this as a black mark? As a fan of Tebow I would be proud of what he did in his short time in Denver.

honestly, it's because I don't think the Broncos deserve my support (even if it has Tebow on it), I understand Manning came up and its a great upgrade, but I still think Tebow got a raw deal from this franchise and from Elway.

The rumors were in trainging camp and still today that T2 was 4th string - then the team starts 1-4 and Elway and Fox make a decision to throw him to the wolves and show the world how bad he sucks just to get the fans to calm down, and he does everything in his power and wins games, makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game we had no business even being in. All the while with the LEAST amount of support a front office or head coach could ever give their starting QB.

Quinn was more like Orton and ran the same offense, yet Tebow was the one that we given the starting job, and oh we have to completely revamp the offense to run what he's good at, but that's MORE practical then just putting in Quinn. They threw him out there, and he surprised the entire league - no it was not conventional, no it probably wasn't going to be the solution for the next three years of offense - but he did deserve the FULL support of the front office and coaching staff - and no I do not look at pics of Elway in the lux box and say, see see he doesn't look happy, he was happy to win, but your head coach in the middle of the streak says "if he had to run a conventional offense he'd/we'd be screwed" that's not really support in my book.

I will support the kid and buy the next teams jersey and hope he gets a fair shake there.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Exactly why I dont buy jerseys from current players. Stopped that years ago after Cutler left town...

Yeah, my wife bought me an authentic Moreno jersey after his rookie season as a birthday present... :tsk:

Seeing as how I'm not sure if Knowshon will be here much longer, I'm strongly considering trying to convert it to an Atwater jersey. Anyone know where I can get an Atwater name-tape made?

SOCALORADO.
03-21-2012, 08:26 AM
honestly, it's because I don't think the Broncos deserve my support (even if it has Tebow on it), I understand Manning came up and its a great upgrade, but I still think Tebow got a raw deal from this franchise and from Elway.

The rumors were in trainging camp and still today that T2 was 4th string - then the team starts 1-4 and Elway and Fox make a decision to throw him to the wolves and show the world how bad he sucks just to get the fans to calm down, and he does everything in his power and wins games, makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game we had no business even being in. All the while with the LEAST amount of support a front office or head coach could ever give their starting QB.

Quinn was more like Orton and ran the same offense, yet Tebow was the one that we given the starting job, and oh we have to completely revamp the offense to run what he's good at, but that's MORE practical then just putting in Quinn. They threw him out there, and he surprised the entire league - no it was not conventional, no it probably wasn't going to be the solution for the next three years of offense - but he did deserve the FULL support of the front office and coaching staff - and no I do not look at pics of Elway in the lux box and say, see see he doesn't look happy, he was happy to win, but your head coach in the middle of the streak says "if he had to run a conventional offense he'd/we'd be screwed" that's not really support in my book.

I will support the kid and buy the next teams jersey and hope he gets a fair shake there.

I know, it sucks.
Oh well. Guess its time to move on now.
If i was you i would go open up an account at the Jags or Jets boards.
Get an early start.

SR
03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Unfortunatly due to profit sharing and the CBA, Bowlen only benefits from jersey sales at the team store.

Who the **** did the photoshop job in your sig? IT looks like a Broncos helmet with a Bears jersey.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah right! Like you would EVER buy anything with Tebow on it!

Everytime my wife goes thru Denver she gets me a present. THis is one of those. She bought my kid a plummer jersey and a lynch jersey. I was pissed about those too/

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Who the **** did the photoshop job in your sig? IT looks like a Broncos helmet with a Bears jersey.

Yeah the colors are a little off. But so am i. :(

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 08:34 AM
If you have one keep it...it might end up being a collector's item down the road...of the novelty variety, anyway.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Mines taking up to much room on my closet floor.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 08:39 AM

Yup. I still have my orange Cutler jersey. Authentic. I have no clue what to do with it, still.

I'm still going to get a Manning jersey. Just because he's a Hall of Famer anyway.

I mostly stick with Elway Jerseys. I have his home/away high school jerseys, home Stanford, 1994 alt throwback, Super Bowl 33, and a few replicas. I still have a ways to go.

claymore
03-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Im going to do the opposite and just buy jerseys of players I dont like. Me owning their jersey is the kiss of death. Same with fantasy players. I cant own a Bronco in my league or their career is over.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 08:56 AM

I assumed that was your position, and you may not be a fan of the Broncos and I get that too, but you could just keep it as a momento and the trails he went though on his was to success. I'm sure Tebow wont want to erase his time in Denver as he no doubt learned something and grew as a football player while he was here.

lgenf
03-21-2012, 09:13 AM
I assumed that was your position, and you may not be a fan of the Broncos and I get that too, but you could just keep it as a momento and the trails he went though on his was to success. I'm sure Tebow wont want to erase his time in Denver as he no doubt learned something and grew as a football player while he was here.

and the thing was I tried to be, in fact over the last two years all I did was cheer for the Broncos (even when Orton was QB) I learned the players and would be the only one in the bar that knew more then Tebow on the roster. Had he been here a few more years, yes they would have been my adopted team, I gave up on the Dolphins two years ago when Denver drafted T2 (and I grew up a fins fan my whole life, mostly because they were/are my hometown team) but that front office has killed the team and when T2 was coming out from UF (my alma mater) and Denver took him, it was easy to cheer for the Broncos, not anymore, i've got more invested in cheering for T2 then I do the Broncos, just as many of the new Broncos/Manning fans have more invested in cheering for Manning then they do the Broncos.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 09:21 AM
and the thing was I tried to be, in fact over the last two years all I did was cheer for the Broncos (even when Orton was QB) I learned the players and would be the only one in the bar that knew more then Tebow on the roster. Had he been here a few more years, yes they would have been my adopted team, I gave up on the Dolphins two years ago when Denver drafted T2 (and I grew up a fins fan my whole life, mostly because they were/are my hometown team) but that front office has killed the team and when T2 was coming out from UF (my alma mater) and Denver took him, it was easy to cheer for the Broncos, not anymore, i've got more invested in cheering for T2 then I do the Broncos, just as many of the new Broncos/Manning fans have more invested in cheering for Manning then they do the Broncos.

I am not suggesting you should be a Broncos fan, I am suggesting you keep the Broncos Jersey along with the Florida one and the new team and celebrate Tebow's career. It would suck if in 10 years you want to display all your treasures and all that is missing is a jersey from those couple years in Denver.
I really can't relate all that well, I have been a Broncos fan all my life and have never followed one player from team to team. But if I did I would want to caputre all their career, even when I felt they were not treated the best.
I loved Jay Cutler, coming out of college I was ranting about how he was the best QB in the draft class and when my Broncos traded up to get him I was so excited. Then McD came in and traded my favorite Bronco since Elway and I was crush, but I was a Bronco fan not a Culter fan. I still wish the best for him in Chicago and I wonder what if he wasn't traded but I remain a Bronco fan, so I really can relate to your fandom of Tebow. But like I said this is part of his career and as his fan, I would be surprised when it is all said and done if you didn't wish you kept that jersey.

It really isn't my business or anything. Just curious to hear the POV of a Tebow fan.

claymore
03-21-2012, 09:23 AM

Its going to be weird cheering for the Jets if it happens right?

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Its going to be weird cheering for the Jets if it happens right?

That is an interesting question too. I couldn't cheer for anyone on the Raiders EVER. Shit even if it would have been Elway or TD I wouldn't have cheered for them as a Raider. I loved Shannon Sharpe except for his Ravens years.

claymore
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM
That is an interesting question too. I couldn't cheer for anyone on the Raiders EVER. Shit even if it would have been Elway or TD I wouldn't have cheered for them as a Raider. I loved Shannon Sharpe except for his Ravens years.

Yeah, the ravens tainted Sharpe. I love him, but I wouldnt kiss him on the mouth anymore.

BeefStew25
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Tebow fan bois are circling the drain. This is great.

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
well my boy has a Tebow jersey from Wal*Mart. Not official but looks pretty cool. He's 4 and likes Tim Tebow just barely getting into liking football and every time Tebow was shown on SC (all the time) He would point and say TIM TEBOW!!!!!!. But now he can chant "CUT THE MEAT"

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Tebow fan bois are circling the drain. This is great.

And the Broncolts where the ones that flushed them. How you gonna treat those guys BEEF?

wayninja
03-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Meh, what about the jerseys? He was a Bronco and he played his heart out. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMHO.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
my 4 and 6 year olds were running around screaming "It's Peyton Manning Day" I was so excited they thought it was a holiday Monday LOL

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM

Exactly right. Said this myself many times. Never again, Pat Bowlen.

BeefStew25
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
And the Broncolts where the ones that flushed them. How you gonna treat those guys BEEF?

OMG I didn't even think of that. Well, I think they are a little more down to earth.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Yup. I still have my orange Cutler jersey. Authentic. I have no clue what to do with it, still.

I took $50 for my Cutler authentic on eBay after he was traded. Got something similar for Portis in the same situation.

Never again for a current player. Don't have a McCaffrey or Atwater or Wilson jersey--those would be my preferred choices if I had to spend buy haven't spent a dime on Broncos gear--with the exception of a $30 Doom jersey for my 6-year old daughter for jersey day at school--since Cutler was traded. Guess I decided the retired players jerseys I own we're enough.

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
I know this year with the change to Nike, I am going to want a jersey. Probably buy a Von

MasterShake
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah, my wife bought me an authentic Moreno jersey after his rookie season as a birthday present... :tsk:

Seeing as how I'm not sure if Knowshon will be here much longer, I'm strongly considering trying to convert it to an Atwater jersey. Anyone know where I can get an Atwater name-tape made?

I've seen Elway nameplates and numbers on E-Bay to sew onto jerseys, but I'm sure you can find Atwater too. Another option is to take it to a place like Fans Edge or something that does custom jerseys. They might be able to screen print the name on for you. If you want is sewn on, I'm sure there are seamstresses that do that. I just ripped the nameplate off my Cutler jersey, you just have to be careful when you cut the thread that holds it on.

EDIT: Just did a quick search and found someone that will make you a custom stitch nameplate. You would just have to have someone sew it on http://www.ebay.com/itm/custom-personalized-stitched-name-plate-nfl-ncaa-any-team-any-name-/180843226247?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3D UA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D170712366242%26ps%3D63%26clk id%3D7159919657374164877

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I took $50 for my Cutler authentic on eBay after he was traded. Got something similar for Portis in the same situation.

Never again for a current player. Don't have a McCaffrey or Atwater or Wilson jersey--those would be my preferred choices if I had to spend buy haven't spent a dime on Broncos gear--with the exception of a $30 Doom jersey for my 6-year old daughter for jersey day at school--since Cutler was traded. Guess I decided the retired players jerseys I own we're enough.

I tried to sell my Cutler jersey for $20 once. Lol

LRtagger
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=30477&d=1332284952

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I know this year with the change to Nike, I am going to want a jersey. Probably buy a Von

DOn't do it don't do it!!! WE want Von to stay!!

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
You think the jerseys are bad? On the news, some guy was selling "WWTTD" T-shirts (obviously blue and orange) and wristbands. They said that he had THOUSANDS, maybe TENS or HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, of them. DOH!

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
DOn't do it don't do it!!! WE want Von to stay!!

I have a Champ, Doom and Clady. I don't have that bad luck

weazel
03-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I just bought a Broncos Manning jersey!!!! if you order before the 30th it comes with a free neck brace!!

aberdien
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Not sure why having/keeping a Tebow jersey would be frowned upon. He gave us the most exciting season in years and certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Would his Bronco jerseys be less pricey or more pricey? I'm considering buying one on ebay as sortof a novelty item (since I haven't owned a jersey since Brian Griese).

Cugel
03-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Wear it to the stadium the next time the Bears come to town! :laugh:

Canmore
03-22-2012, 01:55 AM
I think its a safe bet to buy a Champ Bailey jersey.

I wear mine every Sunday and have been for years.

iLands
03-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Everytime my wife goes thru Denver she gets me a present. THis is one of those. She bought my kid a plummer jersey and a lynch jersey. I was pissed about those too/

Your wife sounds really nice =]

(Genuine)

I have the jersey situation locked up tight as a drum.

For Chargers games, I go to the sports bar in my Ryan Leaf.

For the Raiders, I rock my JaMarcus.

Whenever we are playing the Chiefs, I pull out the 'ol autographed Blackledge.

FlyByU
03-22-2012, 07:23 AM
I just bought a Broncos Manning jersey!!!! if you order before the 30th it comes with a free neck brace!!

OMG that gave me a chuckle reading this morning.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Craigslist must be just hoping around with offers right now. Better yet... Ebay...

Somebody will likely get a Tebow Jersey wrapped up at christmas this year...... Then you get it back the next year.....

Only suckers by NFL jersey's. The Fans should remember that the NFL stands for: "NOT FOR LONG". Save your money and don't let your kids fall for all the hype as well.

Npba900
03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Not sure why having/keeping a Tebow jersey would be frowned upon. He gave us the most exciting season in years and certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Would his Bronco jerseys be less pricey or more pricey? I'm considering buying one on ebay as sortof a novelty item (since I haven't owned a jersey since Brian Griese).

Agreed. Tebow will forever be a part of Bronco history and folklore.

Thnikkaman
03-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Hoes has an idea. Click the link in my sig.

iLands
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Only suckers by NFL jersey's. The Fans should remember that the NFL stands for: "NOT FOR LONG". Save your money and don't let your kids fall for all the hype as well.

My JaMarcus, Leaf, and Blackledge never go out of style!

Pagan Manning
03-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Garbage!

HammeredOut
03-22-2012, 06:09 PM
My JaMarcus, Leaf, and Blackledge never go out of style!

OVer/Under... Does Rupaul bust Tim Tebow's Cherry before the age of 30?? lol....

Magnificent Seven
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Elway's jersey is safer to wear. I wear it for a long time. Proud to have it.

Broncos Mtnman
03-23-2012, 12:20 AM
If you cut them into 4x4 squares, it makes great toilet paper.

:coffee: