PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tebow headed to Jets or Jags

getlynched47
03-20-2012, 11:59 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-expected-to-trade-tim-tebow-to-new-york-jets-or-jacksonville-jaguars-032012

The Denver Broncos are expected to trade quarterback Tim Tebow to either the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars by midday Wednesday, Orlando's WKMG-TV reported, citing a source close to the NFL star.

The Denver Broncos reportedly are looking to part ways with the unconventional quarterback, having signed four-time MVP Peyton Manning.

The report says that while the Green Bay Packers and Miami Dolphins also were believed to be interested in acquiring Tebow, the trade talks are exclusively down to the Jets and Jaguars.

Good luck to Tim Tebow, wherever he lands.

He's a great person and a great role model, and he represented our Denver Broncos very well.

Thank you for that thrilling, memorable 2011 season. I wish you success in your future endeavors. :salute:

aberdien
03-21-2012, 12:01 AM
The Jets would be a complete disaster from all angles.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope he goes to the Jags. Best spot for him. He'd be home with an owner who wants him and two shitty QBs to compete with. Henne sucks and Gabbert looks pretty bad too. Plus the Jets are damn haunted house of horrors, Tebow should hold on to his foot virginity.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:12 AM
I guess if I had to choose, I'd grudgingly say Jax too. More than anything, it's where he wants to be.

Still a bunch of bullshit that's it's gotta go down like this.

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 12:17 AM
I guess if I had to choose, I'd grudgingly say Jax too. More than anything, it's where he wants to be.

Still a bunch of bullshit that's it's gotta go down like this.

I'm with you Wayne, in a perfect world we'd keep Tebow and plug him in once Manning retired, but I just think at this point it's an impossibility. The sad part is that a big part of the reason that's impossible is because of the fanatic sect of his fanbase. We can't have goofy fans booing Manning if he has a bad quarter or something.

Unfortunately one of the things working against Tebow is his fans. He so wildly popular that he can't just blend in with a team and take the time he deserves to sharpen his craft.

But we shouldn't worry too much about Tebow, no matter how his football life goes one thing is for sure his regular life will be amazing. There's a lot bigger things in store for that young man than what happens on a football field.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm with you Wayne, in a perfect world we'd keep Tebow and plug him in once Manning retired, but I just think at this point it's an impossibility. The sad part is that a big part of the reason that's impossible is because of the fanatic sect of his fanbase. We can't have goofy fans booing Manning if he has a bad quarter or something.

Unfortunately one of the things working against Tebow is his fans. He so wildly popular that he can't just blend in with a team and take the time he deserves to sharpen his craft.

But we shouldn't worry too much about Tebow, no matter how his football life goes one thing is for sure his regular life will be amazing. There's a lot bigger things in store for that young man than what happens on a football field.

I hear what you are saying, but I have a hard time buying it. It's not like if for whatever goofy reason Manning comes out and plays terribly we are going to suddenly forget that we traded Tebow away.

Again, I'm not going to keep rehashing what I think. Ultimately this was a decision that was destined as soon as Elway became VP of FO, IMHO. It was just a matter of picking the shot. But again, no matter how much I like the kid and feel like we are missing out on a very special player, he won't be a Bronco any longer.

I think that's what stings most. I was proud to call Tebow a Bronco and regardless of how I feel about players talent on the field, feeling that pride in having someone represent your team that truly deserves it as a human being is rare. I have no doubt that Manning is a great guy and class act and helluva football player, but he's not really 'ours'. Not yet at least. Tebow came in at the basement, shook shit up and left with as much class as he came in with. That should trump anything stupid fans can counter.

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Come on Elway get him to the JAGS. That's where he will be able to shine brightest.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
I hear what you are saying, but I have a hard time buying it. It's not like if for whatever goofy reason Manning comes out and plays terribly we are going to suddenly forget that we traded Tebow away.

Again, I'm not going to keep rehashing what I think. Ultimately this was a decision that was destined as soon as Elway became VP of FO, IMHO. It was just a matter of picking the shot. But again, no matter how much I like the kid and feel like we are missing out on a very special player, he won't be a Bronco any longer.

I think that's what stings most. I was proud to call Tebow a Bronco and regardless of how I feel about players talent on the field, feeling that pride in having someone represent your team that truly deserves it as a human being is rare. I have no doubt that Manning is a great guy and class act and helluva football player, but he's not really 'ours'. Not yet at least. Tebow came in at the basement, shook shit up and left with as much class as he came in with. That should trump anything stupid fans can counter.

It's a shame Tebow is leaving but it's not a shame that the circus is leaving.

SM19
03-21-2012, 12:35 AM
The Jets would be a complete disaster from all angles.

A complete disaster for one of the AFC's most talented teams, you say?

Please, Elway, trade him to New York.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:36 AM
It's a shame Tebow is leaving but it's not a shame that the circus is leaving.

I still just don't get it. I understand the distraction of having fans booing/chanting for a specific player, but beyond that, what really does the circus mean?

I hear it so often, but just don't see how his fans are, in practice, any different than any other player specifc fans. We've already seen a few douche-wads come in here and claim that we should be thanking Manning that he would deign do grace us with his presence. Is trading one form of ridiculous arrogance for another really all that great?

I won't see be sad to see a lot of them go, but there are definitely exceptions. Catfish was a great contribution to the forums, but ultimately is more dedicated to Tebow than the Broncos, but still proof that no two fan is alike and you can't simply guarantee that a crazy minority fandom for any player isn't going to do stupid and distracting shit.

aberdien
03-21-2012, 12:42 AM
A complete disaster for one of the AFC's most talented teams, you say?

Please, Elway, trade him to New York.

Pssh, as if they need our help.

sneakers
03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
ooooo speculation

Canmore
03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I still just don't get it. I understand the distraction of having fans booing/chanting for a specific player, but beyond that, what really does the circus mean?

I hear it so often, but just don't see how his fans are, in practice, any different than any other player specifc fans. We've already seen a few douche-wads come in here and claim that we should be thanking Manning that he would deign do grace us with his presence. Is trading one form of ridiculous arrogance for another really all that great?

I won't see be sad to see a lot of them go, but there are definitely exceptions. Catfish was a great contribution to the forums, but ultimately is more dedicated to Tebow than the Broncos, but still proof that no two fan is alike and you can't simply guarantee that a crazy minority fandom for any player isn't going to do stupid and distracting shit.

Simply not true. I've been a Bronco and NFL fan for more years than I care to count and there has never been anything like Tebow and his fanatics that I have seen or heard about. I realize that the electronic age has changed things but Tebowmania is off of the charts. That is the circus. I understand, even if I don't agree with moving Tebow. This era is done. It was quite a ride and it's a shame it won't have a chance to blossom. It's not a shame that the circus is changing venues.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Simply not true. I've been a Bronco and NFL fan for more years than I care to count and there has never been anything like Tebow and his fanatics that I have seen or heard about. I realize that the electronic age has changed things but Tebowmania is off of the charts. That is the circus. I understand, even if I don't agree with moving Tebow. This era is done. It was quite a ride and it's a shame it won't have a chance to blossom. It's not a shame that the circus is changing venues.

That doesn't really explain anything though. What exactly about it is 'off the charts' and what practical challenge or difficulty does that present (other than chanting/booing)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to understand what's so nefarious about it and why it is so unnatractive. There are certain things that are annoying, without question, but I'm annoyed by the way my wife says the word 'regularly', so that not saying a lot.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 01:00 AM
There are certain things that are annoying, without question, but I'm annoyed by the way my wife says the word 'regularly', so that not saying a lot.

Her completion percentage of saying the word regularly correct is under 50%. It's never going to work with her. I know you like her as a person, don't ge me wrong. But as a wife she just doesn't have the skill set. I think it's time for a trade.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 01:01 AM
That doesn't really explain anything though. What exactly about it is 'off the charts' and what practical challenge or difficulty does that present (other than chanting/booing)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, I'm just trying to understand what's so nefarious about it and why it is so unnatractive. There are certain things that are annoying, without question, but I'm annoyed by the way my wife says the word 'regularly', so that not saying a lot.

Way, I'm not going to convince you differently. It's like the eye test. I don't know who the greatest quarterback of all time is but I know who I like. Tebow's zealots are the most fanatical fans I have ever seen. That comes from my experience. You have your own experiences and obviously see things differently. I understand Elway's thinking. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I hope they ship Tim to Jax. He has a chance of starting there and he is at home.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Way, I'm not going to convince you differently. It's like the eye test. I don't know who the greatest quarterback of all time is but I know who I like. Tebow's zealots are the most fanatical fans I have ever seen. That comes from my experience. You have your own experiences and obviously see things differently. I understand Elway's thinking. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I hope they ship Tim to Jax. He has a chance of starting there and he is at home.

I think you are misunderstanding, I'm really not trying to argue with it. Sometimes I have a hard time not coming off as argumentative. I'm genuinely ignorant of what exactly the 'circus' is. It sounds to me like an umbrella term for a group of fans that basically act irriationally an otherwise cause a distraction. This distraction is most clearly visible during games when chants about a specifc player or excessive booing can be heard. It also reaches into the digital community where fans posts rant, tirades, threats or anything basically extreme. Is there more to it? Am I missing stuff? Again, I'm not asking a leading question that I'm going to argue with you over, I'm genuinely looking to get a clearly understanding of what exactly 'it' is and what exactly would justify losing out on or at worst, punishing a player over.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 01:18 AM
I think you are misunderstanding, I'm really not trying to argue with it. Sometimes I have a hard time not coming off as argumentative. I'm genuinely ignorant of what exactly the 'circus' is. It sounds to me like an umbrella term for a group of fans that basically act irriationally an otherwise cause a distraction. This distraction is most clearly visible during games when chants about a specifc player or excessive booing can be heard. It also reaches into the digital community where fans posts rant, tirades, threats or anything basically extreme. Is there more to it? Am I missing stuff? Again, I'm not asking a leading question that I'm going to argue with you over, I'm genuinely looking to get a clearly understanding of what exactly 'it' is and what exactly would justify losing out on or at worst, punishing a player over.

I think you pretty much summed it up. I have never seen a large, even though a minority of fans so consumed by one player and make such a vocal presentation. In today's media age will we see it again? I doubt it. Tebow's background makes for a groundswell of shall we say casual NFL fans that are "religious" in following him. It is like The Perfect Storm if you follow my meaning.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 01:25 AM
I think you pretty much summed it up. I have never seen a large, even though a minority of fans so consumed by one player and make such a vocal presentation. In today's media age will we see it again? I doubt it. Tebow's background makes for a groundswell of shall we say casual NFL fans that are "religious" in following him. It is like The Perfect Storm if you follow my meaning.

Yeah, I guess I sorta get it and of course I see it, I just don't really get what obstacle that is to the FO. There's always been annoying dipshits out in cyberspace and there always will be. Who cares if there's proportionately more of them this time? Shouldn't reflect on or factor into the evaluation of a player.

Canmore
03-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I guess I sorta get it and of course I see it, I just don't really get what obstacle that is to the FO. There's always been annoying dipshits out in cyberspace and there always will be. Who cares if there's proportionately more of them this time? Shouldn't reflect on or factor into the evaluation of a player.

I don't agree with Elway in trading Tebow. He's a player that has shown he can win in this league with very few reps. I just understand the "need" to get rid of a very vocal distraction. I believe it's called chemistry. I hope he is right.

DisturbedShifty
03-21-2012, 01:32 AM
I would LOVE for him to land with the Jets. Watch him and Dirty duke it out for the top spot. But then again, the Jets are going to need a running back this season... *taps chin thoughtfully*

I don't agree with Elway in trading Tebow. He's a player that has shown he can win in this league with very few reps. I just understand the "need" to get rid of a very vocal distraction. I believe it's called chemistry. I hope he is right.

I am sorry. Tebow gets a little TOO much credit for Denver's success. I honestly think your defense deserves more of the credit for that success than Tebow does. Yeah Tebow created plays with his legs, but he is no NFL quarterback. They had to change the entire offense so that he could be successful. That isn't good. That means he was struggling to learn Denver's original offense. I would be willing to bet that if they Denver had never changed the offense to suit Tebow, Denver probably would have missed the playoffs.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Her completion percentage of saying the word regularly correct is under 50%. It's never going to work with her. I know you like her as a person, don't ge me wrong. But as a wife she just doesn't have the skill set. I think it's time for a trade.

That's true and when I said my vows that I would always be faithful, that WAS true at the time. I had no idea that the new sales rep for the westen region would be such a tight little box.

Besides, she'll land her feet, I'm probably doing her a favor anyway since she's not going to get the reps with me.

bcbronc
03-21-2012, 02:09 AM
If Elway is going to trade Tebow, I'm glad the plan seems to be to get it done ASAP. It's best for all parties to not let this drag out and become a negative situation.

Personally, I think NYJ is the best place for Tebow to wind up. Sanchez is an okay QB, but he's not so good you don't want to take the ball out of his hands. Tebow would help NJY with their "ground and pound" game and would be a nice complement to Sanchez. The Jets got Brad Smith a big payday, and their new OC had success running the Wildcat in Miami. Another bonus, the Tebow circus would be a welcome distraction from their gong show head coach.

JAX I believe would be a career killer for Tebow. If Tebow ends up in JAX, impressions are that it's an owner overriding his football peeps for the sake of the business end. That's not how successful franchises operate. I also don't think being in JAX would allow Tebow any development time. The pressure would be huge, the Teboi's would make life hell on the franchise, and unless Tebow really grabs the brass ring right out of the gate, every mundane detail will get blown into full scale controversy. TT might enjoy playing at home again, but I don't feel it's the best place for his career.

tomjonesrocks
03-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Sheesh. Sounds like AFC then...

SM19
03-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Pssh, as if they need our help.

Maybe not exactly need, but you know you want to see the Sanchez-Tebow cluster**** as badly as I do.

claymore
03-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I hope he goes to the highest bidder. He needs to stop being a sally and whining to his freinds.

broken12
03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I hope he goes to the highest bidder. He needs to stop being a sally and whining to his freinds.
Exactly clay....in a perfect world we would still have cutler and company......never would have had any of this go on and jst built the defense rhe last 4 years.....highest biddee gets him....i wouldnt mind getting gabberr from jacksonville to learn from manning though!

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Exactly clay....in a perfect world we would still have cutler and company......never would have had any of this go on and jst built the defense rhe last 4 years.....highest biddee gets him....i wouldnt mind getting gabberr from jacksonville to learn from manning though!

Now who is being a Sally and whining? :laugh:

TXBRONC
03-21-2012, 07:01 AM

I hear it so often, but just don't see how his fans are, in practice, any different than any other player specific fans. We've already seen a few douche-wads come in here and claim that we should be thanking Manning that he would deign do grace us with his presence. Is trading one form of ridiculous arrogance for another really all that great?

The difference is that they follow a player. They don't root for the team they root for a player they leave when the player leaves. The fringe usually doesn't take it very well when they're guy catches any kind of criticism. There seems to always be a conspiracy on how their guy is getting screwed and all they want to freakin talk about is said player. Everything revolves around that player. Denver fans are going to be here irregardless. Several of our fans were strong advocates for Tebow but they're not going to drag up if Tebow gets traded.

Where they are similar is that if this signing blows up in EFX's faces many will be all over it and rightfully so but again I don't think they would stop being fans of the team just because the deal turns out to be piece of shit.

claymore
03-21-2012, 07:01 AM
I would rather have a player than a pick. Id be shocked/happy as hell to get a 4th, so whatever player we could get would probably be better.

Id be shocked to get Gabbert. Id take it!

Dirk
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I blame all this on Orton....if he didn't suck in the redzone....Tebow would never have started before he was ready. :tsk:

UnderArmour
03-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Tebowmania is a myth anyway. There was no distraction as a result of having Tim Tebow on the roster. The distraction was that the team had gone 2-8 after starting 6-0. The distraction was that the team had gone 4-12. The distraction was that the team had started the next season 1-4. As a fan base, we simply are not going to take that. The clamoring for Tim Tebow to play was natural given his unique skill set that effectively gave our crappy offense an additional running threat. This clamoring was done by -REAL- Broncos fans who were fed up with losing. The billboards, the booing? REAL fans sick and tired of losing under Orton. The Tebowmania fears where fans are supposedly going to bitch and moan if #15 isn't starting are a figment of the media's imagination. Nobody is going to whine for Tebow to start if Manning is playing. Nobody is going to whine as long as the Broncos are winning games. "Tebowmania" didn't have to do with Tim Tebow as the player, it had to do with the fact that our team was garbage for portions of three seasons.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-21-2012, 08:09 AM
If Elway is going to trade Tebow, I'm glad the plan seems to be to get it done ASAP. It's best for all parties to not let this drag out and become a negative situation.

Personally, I think NYJ is the best place for Tebow to wind up. Sanchez is an okay QB, but he's not so good you don't want to take the ball out of his hands. Tebow would help NJY with their "ground and pound" game and would be a nice complement to Sanchez. The Jets got Brad Smith a big payday, and their new OC had success running the Wildcat in Miami. Another bonus, the Tebow circus would be a welcome distraction from their gong show head coach.

JAX I believe would be a career killer for Tebow. If Tebow ends up in JAX, impressions are that it's an owner overriding his football peeps for the sake of the business end. That's not how successful franchises operate. I also don't think being in JAX would allow Tebow any development time. The pressure would be huge, the Teboi's would make life hell on the franchise, and unless Tebow really grabs the brass ring right out of the gate, every mundane detail will get blown into full scale controversy. TT might enjoy playing at home again, but I don't feel it's the best place for his career.

Tebow to Jax is exactly what both Tebow and Jax need. Jax needs to sell tickets. The only way to do that is to stoke interest in the team. The only player the team has that does that is MJD. Tebow brings the fans back. Also, GM Gene Smith sucks shit. He's the guy responsible for all of Jax's terrible drafts and FA signings. Wayne Weaver for some reason unbeknownst to anyone, signed Smith to a long term deal just before firing Del Rio and selling the team to Khan.

From what I've gathered from the local media, Khan and Smith don't get along at all and have much different philosophies on the future of the Jags (Smith wants to stick with Gabbert, Khan wants to acquire and build around hometown-hero Tebow amongst other things). This could be the split that Khan has been waiting for. Khan wants Tebow, Smith doesn't. Khan can use that as reason to dump Smith and bring in his own guy. Remember, Smith is the only remaining FO type from the Weaver regime. He's a terrible GM and this could be the excuse Khan needs to replace him. Khan wants to win and to sell tickets. Tebow brings the latter and as we saw last year can do the former, too.

In Jacksonville, Tebow has a chance to compete for a starting job right away. In NY, Tebow becomes a backup/gadget wildcat guy with no real chance to ever be the starter no matter how well he develops. The big-apple will eat that kid alive. That place is a cesspool.

I know it will sound dumb, but I kinda see Tebow as a 12 year old honor student. Young, impressionable, and right at the point where he can either be set on the right path to success and with guidance he'll get there, or be nudged onto the path of failure by getting stuck with the wrong crowd. I just think NY is the wrong crowd. With all the controversy and finger pointing that went on in that locker room after last season, I think it's a terrible environment right now. Nobody there trusts anyone and they are all more than willing to throw each other under the bus.

But, if the Jets are offering better compensation than the Jags, sorry Tim, you're a JET.

catfish
03-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Tebowmania is a myth anyway. There was no distraction as a result of having Tim Tebow on the roster. The distraction was that the team had gone 2-8 after starting 6-0. The distraction was that the team had gone 4-12. The distraction was that the team had started the next season 1-4. As a fan base, we simply are not going to take that. The clamoring for Tim Tebow to play was natural given his unique skill set that effectively gave our crappy offense an additional running threat. This clamoring was done by -REAL- Broncos fans who were fed up with losing. The billboards, the booing? REAL fans sick and tired of losing under Orton. The Tebowmania fears where fans are supposedly going to bitch and moan if #15 isn't starting are a figment of the media's imagination. Nobody is going to whine for Tebow to start if Manning is playing. Nobody is going to whine as long as the Broncos are winning games. "Tebowmania" didn't have to do with Tim Tebow as the player, it had to do with the fact that our team was garbage for portions of three seasons.

I agree with you,if this team goes 4-12 next year the fanbase will go apeshit Tebow or no Tebow. Tebow wasn't the problem...losing was

catfish
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Tebow to Jax is exactly what both Tebow and Jax need. Jax needs to sell tickets. The only way to do that is to stoke interest in the team. The only player the team has that does that is MJD. Tebow brings the fans back. Also, GM Gene Smith sucks shit. He's the guy responsible for all of Jax's terrible drafts and FA signings. Wayne Weaver for some reason unbeknownst to anyone, signed Smith to a long term deal just before firing Del Rio and selling the team to Khan.

From what I've gathered from the local media, Khan and Smith don't get along at all and have much different philosophies on the future of the Jags (Smith wants to stick with Gabbert, Khan wants to acquire and build around hometown-hero Tebow amongst other things). This could be the split that Khan has been waiting for. Khan wants Tebow, Smith doesn't. Khan can use that as reason to dump Smith and bring in his own guy. Remember, Smith is the only remaining FO type from the Weaver regime. He's a terrible GM and this could be the excuse Khan needs to replace him. Khan wants to win and to sell tickets. Tebow brings the latter and as we saw last year can do the former, too.

In Jacksonville, Tebow has a chance to compete for a starting job right away. In NY, Tebow becomes a backup/gadget wildcat guy with no real chance to ever be the starter no matter how well he develops. The big-apple will eat that kid alive. That place is a cesspool.

I know it will sound dumb, but I kinda see Tebow as a 12 year old honor student. Young, impressionable, and right at the point where he can either be set on the right path to success and with guidance he'll get there, or be nudged onto the path of failure by getting stuck with the wrong crowd. I just think NY is the wrong crowd. With all the controversy and finger pointing that went on in that locker room after last season, I think it's a terrible environment right now. Nobody there trusts anyone and they are all more than willing to throw each other under the bus.

But, if the Jets are offering better compensation than the Jags, sorry Tim, you're a JET.

Rumor is Gene Smith is gone after the draft

edit:I see what is going on here, you just want him brought to your home town ;)

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Tebowmania is a myth anyway. No, there is "Tebowmania". It is/was a vortex created by the back and forth between the uber-haters and the uber-supporters. Level-headed people always said to let it play out. However, the extremes just wouldn't let it go. The "mania" will continue until Tebow is in the HOF or out of the NFL. There is no middle ground. God forbid he becomes a legitimate starter or backup. Nope...that just won't do.

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM

i get your point; and i think you're right about tebowmania being linked to the fans' revolt over several years of mediocrity or worse. but trying to say that tebowmania had nothing to do with his crazy fans, that it was simply the result of "real" broncos fans wanting to win is simply ignorant.

when tebow was playing, winning wasn't important; tebow was important. that was the difference. a bulk of his fans didn't care about the team's record; they cared about tebow's stats, how he was perceived by the national media and whether or not the team's front office was treating him fairly. these weren't "real" broncos fans; "real" broncos fans want the team to succeed. tebois wanted tebow to succeed; the broncos were secondary.

that's the problem. and, as vic lombardi recently tweeted, tebow was never the distraction and he never caused distraction. i agree. tebow's been great. but his fans were/are the distraction. frankly, i won't miss them. at all.

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Tebowmania is a myth anyway.

There is no Tebowmania? Are you serious? I guess all the daily coverage on ESPN was a figment of my imagination. You remember that don't you? The daily coverage, the daily debates about Tebow, the special one hour episodes devoted to Tebow, the chants, the billboards, the constant media coverage nationwide, the complete lack of coverage of multiple elite QBs chasing the season passing record for a QB that couldn't even hit 50% of his passes, the lack of coverage of Green Bay's pursuit of a perfect season just to cover Tebow, the ungodly amount of coverage Tebow got heading into the playoff game with NE while a certain HOF QB in New England got barely a peep, and much more was not in any way, shape, or form considered Tebowmania???

You are right that all broncos fans were tired of the losing that was going on, but to use that as the basis for stating that tebowmania is a myth is really pathetic and misguided. Maybe you live in a cocoon so you didn't notice, but Tebowmania did exist and it has been a total pain in the ass for a lot of fans...

catfish
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
There is no Tebowmania? Are you serious? I guess all the daily coverage on ESPN was a figment of my imagination. You remember that don't you? The daily coverage, the daily debates about Tebow, the special one hour episodes devoted to Tebow, the chants, the billboards, the constant media coverage nationwide, the complete lack of coverage of multiple elite QBs chasing the season passing record for a QB that couldn't even hit 50% of his passes, the lack of coverage of Green Bay's pursuit of a perfect season just to cover Tebow, the ungodly amount of coverage Tebow got heading into the playoff game with NE while a certain HOF QB in New England got barely a peep, and much more was not in any way, shape, or form considered Tebowmania???

You are right that all broncos fans were tired of the losing that was going on, but to use that as the basis for stating that tebowmania is a myth is really pathetic and misguided. Maybe you live in a cocoon so you didn't notice, but Tebowmania did exist and it has been a total pain in the ass for a lot of fans...

So Tebow is being traded because the Broncos got too much coverage on ESPN?

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I think NYJ would be the absolute worst place for Tebow to go. The fans and media there would really eat him alive. Jax is the place that would be the best fit for Tim. The fans there will love him no matter how he performs on the field. They would blindly believe in him without needing some kind of proof on the field. I think that would be perfect for Tim. Considering NY would already be Tim's second team, and the NFL has had a chance to dust the "new" of Tebow.... the NY fans wouldn't be nearly as forgiving or patient with Tim as Jax would be.

Ravage!!!
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM

No. I think he's saying that Tebowmania wasn't derived in Denver due to losing with Orton. Tebowmania was already well and strong before he was even drafted here, and that it wasn't "formed" from the losses.

Cane
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwouIbYEHmE

Would love to see Tebow's face after this.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 11:40 AM
i get your point; and i think you're right about tebowmania being linked to the fans' revolt over several years of mediocrity or worse. but trying to say that tebowmania had nothing to do with his crazy fans, that it was simply the result of "real" broncos fans wanting to win is simply ignorant.

when tebow was playing, winning wasn't important; tebow was important. that was the difference. a bulk of his fans didn't care about the team's record; they cared about tebow's stats, how he was perceived by the national media and whether or not the team's front office was treating him fairly. these weren't "real" broncos fans; "real" broncos fans want the team to succeed. tebois wanted tebow to succeed; the broncos were secondary.

that's the problem. and, as vic lombardi recently tweeted, tebow was never the distraction and he never caused distraction. i agree. tebow's been great. but his fans were/are the distraction. frankly, i won't miss them. at all.

WRONG...it is the media coverage of Tebow that might cause a distraction, but not these mythical fans.

Tebow became a perfect storm of a story because all the talking heads said he couldn't, yet when he came in he kept winning (albeit unconventionally). This made the so called "experts" furious because with each win he defied their conventional (in the box) wisdom and logic and threatened their credibility.

This made the story very intriguing and got all sorts of NFL fans from all accross the league interested. I actually can't think of any cases of whacko fans doing something tangibly absurd that made headlines.

Of course, none of this has to do with him being traded, but merely the fact EFX isn't sold on him.

catfish
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
No. I think he's saying that Tebowmania wasn't derived in Denver due to losing with Orton. Tebowmania was already well and strong before he was even drafted here, and that it wasn't "formed" from the losses.

The "circus" that is being referred to was referenced as excessive media coverage, I have also seen it classified as rabid fans who apparently bought up a large % of the tickets and were chanting for Tebow, then it was the guys who put up billboards.

I think it is pretty clear that the "tebow circus" didnt travel to Denver and buy up the tickets for the express reason of chanting Tebows name, that was a direct result of several sub-optimal season results and the beginning of what looked like another loser of a season. If you weren't calling for Ortons head at that point I applaud you, but I bet 80% of fans were ready for ANYONE to replace Orton. People were pissed he started the year at all after he looked like he was going to get traded.

It has been addressed that the billboard was put up by longtime Denver residents, so I assume longtime fans of the Broncos, they don't fall into the "fanboi" category IMP so that is out,

so all that leaves is excessive media coverage and I guess the jackasses that spam twitter

Basically what that is saying is the FO is making personell decisions based upon media coverage and twitter followers. I don't buy it...I happen to agree the "circus" is mostly a myth. Losing QB's get booed and get chants for their backups it is not unique here. Twitter has given every jackass with a computer a voice, the FO better learn to ignore it.

I think the FO knows Tebow would be better off elsewhere, that they fully plan on Peyton playing for at least 5 years and wont worry about a legitimate replacement for at least three and thus are better off getting what they can for Tebow

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
WRONG...it is the media coverage of Tebow that might cause a distraction, but not these mythical fans.

Tebow became a perfect storm of a story because all the talking heads said he couldn't, yet when he came in he kept winning (albeit unconventionally). This made the so called "experts" furious because with each win he defied their conventional (in the box) wisdom and logic and threatened their credibility.

This made the story very intriguing and got all sorts of NFL fans from all accross the league interested. I actually can't think of any cases of whacko fans doing something tangibly absurd that made headlines.

Of course, none of this has to do with him being traded, but merely the fact EFX isn't sold on him.

it's easy to blame the media. but the fact remains that if people weren't obsessive with tebow the media (at least, the national branches) wouldn't cover him like he's a hollywood celebrity. they provide what gives them ratings/readers. tebow's fans do that.

and, just in case you need a reminder about tebow's misguided fans, remember there was a thread started on this board to keep track of which media personalities had ever said something bad about tebow. that's not normal behavior.

rationalfan
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
schefter just tweeted tebow to the jets. damn.

Dapper Dan
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwouIbYEHmE

Would love to see Tebow's face after this.

I think there are a few other players as well that wouldn't like speeches like that. Dawkins doesn't curse. Polomalu is a very religious guy. Any player from BYU.

jlarsiii

Is that what I said? I was just providing the factual basis for the existence, and robust health, of Tebowmania.

If Tebow is traded it is because a future HOF QB hit the free agent market and we acquired him.

rationalfan
glazer tweeted jets gave up a fourth rounder for tebow.

UnderArmour
03-21-2012, 11:58 AM

That isn't the fans. The billboard? Jessie may have been from out of state, but he was a Broncos fan for a long time. The media would try to bait fans into saying they only liked the Broncos because of Florida but the reality is that these fans comprised only a SMALL, SMALL percentage of fans. I like to watch Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, overtime games, and the NFL in general so I assume it is only natural other fans enjoyed watching the Broncos in the 4th quarter as well. And yes, the losing was the basis of Tebowmania (Tebowmania meaning the fan's rallying for Tebow to start and keep starting). You think if Orton had made the playoffs or won a Super Bowl that fans would have called for him to start? Do you honestly think that if the Broncos were winning Tebowmania would have happened? HELL, when McDaniels was here and we were sucking up the joint nobody in the fan base was calling for Tebow to start because he wasn't ready. The WIN against Houston and his strong performance late last season changed that sentiment. SUCCESS led Tebowmania. WINS led to Tebowmania. BRONCOS FANS made Tebowmania. LOSSES started Tebowmania. Tebowmania did not make Tebowmania; it's just the media throwing the term around so they can talk about Tebow for hours. If Tebow's name were Ryan Mallett and he was our backup quarterback behind Orton, fans would have called for him to start too. Tebowmania as a distraction with Peyton Manning on the roster simply does not exist whether Tebow is here or not. Unless a team with a shitty quarterback gets Tebow and that team keeps losing, the media coverage is over. There will not be a mass exodus of Broncos fans who supported the Broncos only because of Tebow's roots as the media suggests. The reality is different from the narrative.

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
That isn't the fans. The billboard? Jessie may have been from out of state, but he was a Broncos fan for a long time. The media would try to bait fans into saying they only liked the Broncos because of Florida but the reality is that these fans comprised only a SMALL, SMALL percentage of fans. I like to watch Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, overtime games, and the NFL in general so I assume it is only natural other fans enjoyed watching the Broncos in the 4th quarter as well. And yes, the losing was the basis of Tebowmania (Tebowmania meaning the fan's rallying for Tebow to start and keep starting). You think if Orton had made the playoffs or won a Super Bowl that fans would have called for him to start? Do you honestly think that if the Broncos were winning Tebowmania would have happened? HELL, when McDaniels was here and we were sucking up the joint nobody in the fan base was calling for Tebow to start because he wasn't ready. The WIN against Houston and his strong performance late last season changed that sentiment. SUCCESS led Tebowmania. WINS led to Tebowmania. BRONCOS FANS made Tebowmania. LOSSES started Tebowmania. Tebowmania did not make Tebowmania; it's just the media throwing the term around so they can talk about Tebow for hours. If Tebow's name were Ryan Mallett and he was our backup quarterback behind Orton, fans would have called for him to start too. Tebowmania as a distraction with Peyton Manning on the roster simply does not exist whether Tebow is here or not. Unless a team with a shitty quarterback gets Tebow and that team keeps losing, the media coverage is over. There will not be a mass exodus of Broncos fans who supported the Broncos only because of Tebow's roots as the media suggests. The reality is different from the narrative.

and he just got traded to a team with a shitty QB in the media center of the US....this could be fun :)

jlarsiii
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM

I didn't read your post because it is a moot point now that Tebow has been traded. Agree to disagree because it doesn't matter anymore at this point...

BORDERLINE
03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
WELL IF Sanchez does not step it up TEBOW will TEAR it up in NY!!!!! Good Luck to TEEBS and hope HE becomes everything we WANTED him to be. I'm sure Sparano will use him very well. He turned this franchised around after the worst season I have ever witnessed. LOVED HIS HEART AND PASSION.