PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow!

BroncoWave
10-20-2007, 10:53 AM
The forecast for tomorrow...SNOW!!! A high of 36 with an 80% chance of snow. It will be down to 40% at gametime. I love a good ol' snow bowl!

jhns
10-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Glad I don't live there! It is far to early to have snow.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I have lived here all of my life, and for those who don't know - most of the time when we have snow - it is like snow today - gone tomorrow. Right now it is 80 degrees. So, even if it does snow tonight/tomorrow, it will be gone almost immediately. Following is the five day forecast. You can see how things change very fast.

The Front Range Planning Forecast: From 9news.com.

Sunday: Cloudy and cold with a good chance for snow showers in the metro area. Most of the snow will fall in the morning but occasional light snow and flurries are possible during the afternoon. Total accumulation will be limited to a few inches. The snow should end by the Broncos game Sunday evening but it will be cold for the game with temperatures in the 30s. Daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 40 degrees.

Monday: Clearing skies and not as chilly. Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the middle 50s

Tuesday: Mostly sunny and milder. Lows in the middle 30s and highs in the middle 60s.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny and warmer. Lows near 40 and highs near 70.

Thursday: Mostly sunny and dry. Lows near 40 and highs in the upper 60s.

ChampWJ
10-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for keeping the hype in check Carol! Everyone get's so worked into a frenzy whenever the word snow is in the forecast.

From the national weather service:

Tonight: Periods of rain, mixing with snow after 3am. Low around 33. North northwest wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday: Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. North northwest wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday Night: A 10 percent chance of snow before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. North northwest wind 5 to 13 mph becoming southwest.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Denver&state=CO&site=BOU&textField1=39.768&textField2=-104.873&e=1

This is not going to be a blizzard or anything, just a little storm. All it will do is make things wet and cold for 24 hours. They have been known to miss forecasts but I don't think anything major is going to happen.

sneakers
10-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I love games in the snow! But the best is when it is pouring rain, and the whole field is waterlogged, and when someone slides they go 10 feet!!!

broncosfanscott
10-21-2007, 01:40 AM
I have lived here all of my life, and for those who don't know - most of the time when we have snow - it is like snow today - gone tomorrow. Right now it is 80 degrees. So, even if it does snow tonight/tomorrow, it will be gone almost immediately. Following is the five day forecast. You can see how things change very fast.

The Front Range Planning Forecast: From 9news.com.

Sunday: Cloudy and cold with a good chance for snow showers in the metro area. Most of the snow will fall in the morning but occasional light snow and flurries are possible during the afternoon. Total accumulation will be limited to a few inches. The snow should end by the Broncos game Sunday evening but it will be cold for the game with temperatures in the 30s. Daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 40 degrees.

Monday: Clearing skies and not as chilly. Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the middle 50s

Tuesday: Mostly sunny and milder. Lows in the middle 30s and highs in the middle 60s.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny and warmer. Lows near 40 and highs near 70.

Thursday: Mostly sunny and dry. Lows near 40 and highs in the upper 60s.

That is what I have heard about the weather in Denver. The weather can change quite drastically form one day to the next. Even if it doesn't snow, it will be quite chilly.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM
That is what I have heard about the weather in Denver. The weather can change quite drastically form one day to the next. Even if it doesn't snow, it will be quite chilly.

Yes, it will be quite chilly, and even though it did snow, it stopped and the sun came out, so I am sure most of it will be melted at the stadium, but I am sure you will see them showing a lot of the snow in the mountains, which will be GREAT for the ski areas.

sneakers
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I saw a few snowflakes floating around Shanny's head on a closeup shot near the end of the game.

AlWilsonizKING
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Let it sNOw

As a skater I'm not a fan of snow....I wish it would stay in the mountians, for the skiers and boarders but "what ya gonna do when Mother Nature comes storming down on yooooooooou!!!.........BROTHER" hehe in my best Hulk Hogan voice.

PEACE!!!