PDA

View Full Version : Marshall expecting to have some "fun"

Lonestar
04-09-2009, 03:03 AM
By Benjamin Hochman
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/09/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT

Wearing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles jacket and walking with a crutch attached to his right wrist, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall made an appearance at the Nuggets game Wednesday, speaking freely about his new quarterback and coyly about his hip surgery.

Marshall said he spoke to quarterback Kyle Orton on the phone, and, "We're excited to have him and it will be fun playing with him. He said he's happy to play with all of us — Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, Daniel Graham, Selvin Young — he named all of us."

Asked about his March 31 hip surgery, Marshall said: "I'm going to take my time. But I feel great."

It was previously reported the 25-year-old Pro Bowler should be back on the field by mid-July.

Marshall also said that he hasn't spoken to Jay Cutler since the quarterback was traded to the Chicago Bears, "But I'm pretty sure he's excited about playing for the team he grew up watching. So good luck to him."

Beanie no-show.

Whatever interest the Broncos had in Chris "Beanie" Wells figures to diminish after the Ohio State running back missed his flight and didn't show for his scheduled visit to Dove Valley.

Wells is generally regarded as the second-best tailback prospect in the upcoming NFL draft, behind Georgia's Knowshon Moreno. The Broncos may have been considering Wells with the 18th overall pick.

Mike Klis contributed to this report.

anton...
04-09-2009, 03:20 AM
i cant believe cutler hasnt even talked to his apparent best mate on the team in marshall...

and im kinda glad wells didnt turn up...

i would prefer we didnt draft him... although chances are, he may just reschedule..

Elevation inc
04-09-2009, 05:04 AM
say no to wells, he isnt a good fit for this system. Moreno or donald brown.....

Dirk
04-09-2009, 05:09 AM
say no to wells, he isnt a good fit for this system. Moreno or donald brown.....

I'm all for a Moreno drafting. He would fit perfectly! :beer:

Elevation inc
04-09-2009, 05:17 AM
I'm all for a Moreno drafting. He would fit perfectly! :beer:

yea i actually see moreno going to the jets though at 17, donald brown to us at 18, and wells to philly at 21.

Dirk
04-09-2009, 05:47 AM
yea i actually see moreno going to the jets though at 17, donald brown to us at 18, and wells to philly at 21.

Oh...but I forgot, we are going to package our 2 #1s this year and draft Sanchez.....forgot all about that. :tsk:

Elevation inc
04-09-2009, 05:53 AM
i swear if we do that, MCD will be fired by week 8 and rick dennison will be promoted to interim head coach.....our defense will still suck, we will have 3 Qb's wondering what happened, and we will have MCd going the players arent responding to my calls....lol

Dirk
04-09-2009, 06:05 AM
i swear if we do that, MCD will be fired by week 8 and rick dennison will be promoted to interim head coach.....our defense will still suck, we will have 3 Qb's wondering what happened, and we will have MCd going the players arent responding to my calls....lol

haha

No doubt!

Back on topic though, Mashall can say all he wants but until he can get his act together off the field, he may not be having any fun on the field.

It seems he just wants a part time WR job. Either that or he just likes finding women that he can't get along with. :tsk:

Elevation inc
04-09-2009, 06:10 AM
haha

No doubt!

Back on topic though, Mashall can say all he wants but until he can get his act together off the field, he may not be having any fun on the field.

It seems he just wants a part time WR job. Either that or he just likes finding women that he can't get along with. :tsk:

lol....i dont want to delve into this to much, but this latest thing is way overblown, unfortunetly his history probally helped caused the overreaction, but i doubt he gets suspened for any more than 2 games if at all.

Dirk
04-09-2009, 07:13 AM
lol....i dont want to delve into this to much, but this latest thing is way overblown, unfortunetly his history probally helped caused the overreaction, but i doubt he gets suspened for any more than 2 games if at all.

I sure hope so. If his hip heals quickly and nicely and his "numb" hands are all better, then maybe we can see that "TOish" BMarsh that we all love. :salute:

Broncolingus
04-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Marshall expecting to have some "fun"

Whew...

Before I read the article, I thought maybe he was talking about roughing up his old lady again...

Tned
04-09-2009, 07:24 AM
i cant believe cutler hasnt even talked to his apparent best mate on the team in marshall...

and im kinda glad wells didnt turn up...

i would prefer we didnt draft him... although chances are, he may just reschedule..

FWIW, I think Scheffler was his best mate.

LRtagger
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I also heard he and Niko were BFFs

Superchop 7
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I would have thought it would be a natural....

A guy named "Beanie"

Playing for a "crappy" team.

underrated29
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
wells is a great fit for us. Not as good as moreno though. Dont get me wrong, i do not want wells over moreno, but he would be a pimp here too.

frauschieze
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
TMNT jacket? Awesome. I wish there were pics.

getlynched47
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM
That's really messed up on Cutler's part. He's said that Marshall and Scheffler are his "best friends".......whatever that means to him :rolleyes:

I don't know if you guys saw Marshall's interview with NFL Network, but Marshall really looked like he missed Jay...

Let's hope Orton can give Marshall all the opportunities he needs to produce AFTER his suspension.

getlynched47
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM

:lol: I was looking for some like 30 minutes ago, but no luck :(

Buff
04-09-2009, 02:52 PM

See I don't know... I was a HUGE TMNT fan back in the day. HUGE.

But rocking turtle gear in 2009 seems kinda gay to me, unless you're eight years old.

BroncoJoe
04-11-2009, 08:52 AM
That's really messed up on Cutler's part. He's said that Marshall and Scheffler are his "best friends".......whatever that means to him :rolleyes:

I don't know if you guys saw Marshall's interview with NFL Network, but Marshall really looked like he missed Jay...

Let's hope Orton can give Marshall all the opportunities he needs to produce AFTER his suspension.

I know a lot of people don't care too much for John Clayton, but he was speculating yesterday on ESPN that Marshall might not get suspended at all, since all charges were immediately dropped. He emphasized the word "immediately".

Den21vsBal19
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I know a lot of people don't care too much for John Clayton, but he was speculating yesterday on ESPN that Marshall might not get suspended at all, since all charges were immediately dropped. He emphasized the word "immediately".
Let's hope he's right..............