PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360- Menu Help

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I just got my 360 back after sending it in to MS for repairs. I never got the RROD after over 2 years and I considered myself very fortunate. My luck ran out 2 weeks ago. I tried the 'towel trick' to get it working again... and it worked! But I figured it's under warranty so I may as well ship it. It gave me enough time to finish the game I was playing (MoH-Airborne) before I sent it. I received the 'coffin' in the mail and sent it anyway. It took 10 days total to get it there and back via UPS and I just got it back yesterday.

I turned it on and found the new menu/interface/XBox Experience or whatever the hell it is called on there and I FRIGGIN' HATE IT. I miss the old Legacy/6 Blades menu/system/interface that I had customized. I know this means it has new internal components or a motherboard or something and that is good, but I can't stand this new crap.

This new menu thingy seemes very adolescent and juvenille. I had a cool Gears and Halo background and I can hardly use them anymore. Those stupid Avatars I HATE and I wish I could shut them off. Reminds me of the Wii. I have to sign in everytime I turn it on now to register any Achievments and IT SUCKS. The only good feature is I can download games to the HDD, but I'd rather not have that option if I had the old menu back.

Does anyone know how I can change this stupid new menu back to the old original user interface? Any help or feedback would be appreciated. I've looked around and navigated through the stupid menu and can't find anything. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Foochacho
04-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I agree with the stupid new menu the wii looking characters are gay.

LordTrychon
04-09-2009, 01:32 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean new hardware. It's possible, given the circumstance... but unrelated.

That is the updated version of XBox live. I got it without any new hardware.

It takes some getting used to... and I don't like it as much...

But downloadable movies... etc... there's more benefits than just one or two.

I doubt you'll find a way to go backwards.

Good luck though.

bullis26
04-09-2009, 01:48 AM
agree with everything thats been said

I hate the new menu, especially the characters, and i miss the old one

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 01:56 AM
There must be a way to get the old Blades back.

I just contacted them. I hate that shit.

bullis26
04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
There must be a way to get the old Blades back.

I just contacted them. I hate that shit.

there is just delete the update off your hard drive, but if you do that, you will no longer have xbox live

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
This update of the 'New XBox Experience' isn't on my HDD it's on the console itself. I removed the HDD and it's still there. It's in the new hardware, the 'Jasper chip' as they call it and the newer architecture is supposed to keep the 360 running cooler.

They contacted me back and say there is nothing I can do...

I REALLY HATE IT.

CrazyHorse
04-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I'll take the 360 off your hands.

LordTrychon
04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
You realize that some kids in poorer countries have to play with their wiis, don't you?

BroncoJoe
04-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Just buy a Wii.

Shazam!
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I can't stand the Wii. Maybe there are 5 games I'd like to play on that system? It's clearly aimed at kiddies and casual gamers. All the multi-titles look liek as compared to 360 and PS3. On a HD TV you can't compare any Wii game to one on a HD system.

I'm not getting rid of my 360, I love it. I'm playing Chronicles of Riddick now and it's badass.

I just hate this new menu crap. It's really bad. I miss the Legacy Blades, I had cool Gears of War and Halo backgrounds and they are almost useless.

I have a great relationship with the staff at my local Gamestop and they always hook me up. They offered to swap a used 360 with mine, but being mine has the newer architecture in it now, I don't see the point in swapping for a lesser console that can fail on me and I won't be covered with the warranty. It's too risky.

Damn.

BroncoJoe
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I can't stand the Wii. Maybe there are 5 games I'd like to play on that system? It's clearly aimed at kiddies and casual gamers. All the multi-titles look liek as compared to 360 and PS3. On a HD TV you can't compare any Wii game to one on a HD system.

I'm not getting rid of my 360, I love it. I'm playing Chronicles of Riddick now and it's badass.

I just hate this new menu crap. It's really bad. I miss the Legacy Blades, I had cool Gears of War and Halo backgrounds and they are almost useless.

I have a great relationship with the staff at my local Gamestop and they always hook me up. They offered to swap a used 360 with mine, but being mine has the newer architecture in it now, I don't see the point in swapping for a lesser console that can fail on me and I won't be covered with the warranty. It's too risky.

Damn.

I was joking... I wouldn't mind having a 360 or PS, but with youngins in the house, the Wii makes more sense right now for us.

Slick
04-11-2009, 08:53 AM
I lost my Ghost Recon backgrounds too Shazam. Well, I didn't lose them, but you're right, they're basically useless now. I kind of like most of the new menu features for the most part. I have gotten used to them.

I absolutely love the party chat feature. It's probably my favorite of all the changes. It's nice to get on and talk to some of my buds back in the States. Even if we aren't on the same game, we can still BS. That and I don't have to hear someone talk about my sister or my Mom after I kill them if I'm playing a shooter.

bullis26
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
i've got Bob Sanders as my background