PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow tells friends he’s not surprised, hopes to play in Florida

Traveler
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Tim Tebow tells friends he’s not surprised, hopes to play in Florida
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2012, 11:12 AM EDT

Although he was told heading into the offseason that he would enter training camp as the Broncos’ starting quarterback, Tim Tebow has told friends he’s not surprised that he’s about to be sent packing from Denver. And he said the bright side of losing his job to Peyton Manning is that he might get to go back home.

That’s the word from Monica Culpepper, wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper, who’s a friend of Tebow’s. Monica Culpepper relayed her conversation with Tebow to 970-WFLA.

“Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don’t think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there,” she said. “And in all honesty, Tim said, ‘I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I’ll land somewhere in Florida.’ I sure hope Jacksonville takes him because he’s such a great kid, such a good player and would be so thrilled to come back to the South.”

It’s not surprising that Tebow wants to play in Florida, where he was a Heisman Trophy winner and national champion for the Gators, and where he may be the state’s most popular athlete. The sentiment for Tebow in Jacksonville could become so overwhelming that new Jaguars owner Shad Khan can’t help but make it happen, even if his football people are telling him the team needs to say the course with Blaine Gabbert and turn to Chad Henne if Gabbert comes up short. And if the football people can convince Khan that Tebow is not the answer, both the Dolphins and Buccaneers could be tempted by what Tebow can do for them at the box office.

However, it won’t be up to Tebow. The Broncos will trade Tebow for whatever team is willing to offer them the best trade value. The good news for Tebow is that there’s a good chance that the team offering the most in a trade will be making a business decision, not a football decision. And if Tebow plays for a team in Florida, business at the box office will boom.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/tim-tebow-tells-friends-hes-not-surprised-hopes-to-play-in-florida/

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Very interesting...I hope Tebow gets his wish and gets to go home.

The guy did a lot for us last year and I hope the FO does him a solid and sends him back to his home state.

turftoad
03-20-2012, 12:24 PM

The guy did a lot for us last year and I hope the FO does him a solid and sends him back to his home state.

I hope you're right too buddy.

pipes
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Although he was told heading into the offseason that he would enter training camp as the Broncos’ starting quarterback, Tim Tebow has told friends he’s not surprised that he’s about to be sent packing from Denver. And he said the bright side of losing his job to Peyton Manning is that he might get to go back home.

That’s the word from Monica Culpepper, wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper, who’s a friend of Tebow’s. Monica Culpepper relayed her conversation with Tebow to 970-WFLA.

“Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don’t think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there,” she said. “And in all honesty, Tim said, ‘I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I’ll land somewhere in Florida.’ I sure hope Jacksonville takes him because he’s such a great kid, such a good player and would be so thrilled to come back to the South.”

It’s not surprising that Tebow wants to play in Florida, where he was a Heisman Trophy winner and national champion for the Gators, and where he may be the state’s most popular athlete. The sentiment for Tebow in Jacksonville could become so overwhelming that new Jaguars owner Shad Khan can’t help but make it happen, even if his football people are telling him the team needs to say the course with Blaine Gabbert and turn to Chad Henne if Gabbert comes up short. And if the football people can convince Khan that Tebow is not the answer, both the Dolphins and Buccaneers could be tempted by what Tebow can do for them at the box office.

However, it won’t be up to Tebow. The Broncos will trade Tebow for whatever team is willing to offer them the best trade value. The good news for Tebow is that there’s a good chance that the team offering the most in a trade will be making a business decision, not a football decision. And if Tebow plays for a team in Florida, business at the box office will boom.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/tim-tebow-tells-friends-hes-not-surprised-hopes-to-play-in-florida/

"he may be the state's most popular athlete"?
Not sure if there's any current athlete even close to his popularity in Florida.

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM

One thing you can say about the FO, they have been very fair to the players. Lloyd and Orton were treated pretty well last year, when the FO could have told them to eff off.

If they can get a good deal out of Miami or JAX, they will probably make it happen.

broken12
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Bye what did everyone say dew years ago "qquitler"

Dapper Dan
03-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Tebow could be Mark Brunell in Jacksonville. Let's hope that they wouldn't knock us out of the playoffs. Talk about a circus.

SR
03-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I do kinda feel bad for Tebow through all of this. Dude has been on a roller coaster ride and it couldn't happen to a less deserving person. He's a solid guy and it sucks to see the rug get pulled out from under him.

But, I mean, it's Peyton Manning.

Krugan
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Im sure he was expecting this, saying anything involving, next year and quarterback, is the kiss of death here.

this is an attempt at minor humor, dont lose a fruit loop over it :)

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Tebow could be Mark Brunell in Jacksonville. Let's hope that they wouldn't knock us out of the playoffs. Talk about a circus.

Talk about the worst case scenario for us...Ain't gonna happen though, and I cringe to even think about that possibility.

Traveler
03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins have "zero intention" of pursuing Tim Tebow "at this time."
The report could be interpreted as the Dolphins have no intention of parting with a draft pick for Tebow, but could kick the tires if he's released. Tebow doesn't have the footwork, anticipation, or accuracy to succeed in Joe Philbin's timing-based West Coast scheme.

Related: DolphinsSource: Armando Salguero on Twitter Mar 20 - 2:32 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos

SI.com's Peter King expects the Broncos to begin working on a Tim Tebow trade as soon as Tuesday night.
The Broncos want the narrative to be limited to Peyton Manning without the Tebow circus hanging over the franchise. ESPN's Adam Schefter insists a trade "will happen," and interested parties include the Jaguars, Packers, Dolphins and "maybe more." Schefter does add that the 49ers have been "scratched" as a candidate for Tebow.

Related: 49ers, Jaguars, Dolphins, PackersSource: SI.com Mar 20 - 2:12 PM

Guess you can cross MIA & SF off as possible destinations, if traded.

nevcraw
03-20-2012, 04:08 PM

One thing you can say about the FO, they have been very fair to the players. Lloyd and Orton were treated pretty well last year, when the FO could have told them to eff off.

If they can get a good deal out of Miami or JAX, they will probably make it happen.
Of all the players this FO has jerked tebow around the most regardless of right or wrong decision. This is not a criticism only a fact.
He has handled it better than cutlet or orton or Plummer did or anyone could have IMO. I hope he goes onto a great career as much as I hope we are doing the right thing to go get championships..

TT15Superman
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Of all the players this FO has jerked tebow around the most regardless of right or wrong decision. This is not a criticism only a fact.
He has handled it better than cutlet or orton or Plummer did or anyone could have IMO. I hope he goes onto a great career as much as I hope we are doing the right thing to go get championships..Somehow, I think Tebow knew well before this Manning saga. He was pretty ho-hum in his last interview with Woody. When Woody asked him about Elway's comments about "starter...training camp", he seemed content with it as if he knew it may not get that far. I think one always knows what your boss feels regardless of what they say.

FanInAZ
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Of all of the teams list in this thread to this point, the Dolphins defiantly made the most sense because they haven't had a good QB since Marino retired. However, they’re not interested. The Jags make the least sense because the Tebow fans would start rioting every time Gabbert threw a pick. The 49ers don't make much sense to me either because they came within 2 fumbled punts of the SB last year, so why is there any discussion as to them wanting to replace Alex Smith?

If he goes to the Packers, he'll be backing up Rodgers for the foreseeable future. Do you think Matt Flynn has too many complaints for having gone that rout?

catfish
03-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Of all of the teams list in this thread to this point, the Dolphins defiantly made the most sense because they haven't had a good QB since Marino retired. However, they’re not interested. The Jags make the least sense because the Tebow fans would start rioting every time Gabbert threw a pick. The 49ers don't make much sense to me either because they came within 2 fumbled punts of the SB last year, so why is there any discussion as to them wanting to replace Alex Smith?

If he goes to the Packers, he'll be backing up Rodgers for the foreseeable future. Do you think Matt Flynn has too many complaints for having gone that rout?

I can see him playing backup for a few years, getting resigned, playing 1-2 games(like flynn) and traded for picks, if GB is interested they think they can develop him IMO

Shazam!
03-20-2012, 06:14 PM
NFLN just reported the NYJ are interested.

Dzone
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I loved the way Peyton Manning handled the Tebow question today.
I love Tebow and I love Manning. I wish we could keep them both.
Tebow will go down as many fans most favorite Bronco of all time. How can anyone ever forget what he did last season?

catfish
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
NFLN just reported the NYJ are interested.

reading that elsewhere as well, between them and Jax you guys might get a respectable value....the jets seem to have a really high opinion of him. I know Revis said some nice things at the pro-bowl

Krugan
03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
I loved the way Peyton Manning handled the Tebow question today.
I love Tebow and I love Manning. I wish we could keep them both.
Tebow will go down as many fans most favorite Bronco of all time. How can anyone ever forget what he did last season?

I think this is an overstatement, just abit.

Pretty hard to call him "most favorite", but certainly as a highlight of the 2010-11 season.

IF he were given a chance to stay long term, and showed growth, it would be hard to argue against him being a favorite, the guy is about as nice as they come.

bcbronc
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM

Really? If he's traded soon, really?

701Bronco
03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I would love for him to go to Jacksonville. They are putting billboards over sections of seats in their stadium. Get Tebow and they can take the signs down and replace them with fans. Makes sense from a money standpoint, and I would not be surprised if the whole team started playing better and started winning games too.

Dzone
03-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I think this is an overstatement, just abit.

Pretty hard to call him "most favorite", but certainly as a highlight of the 2010-11 season.

IF he were given a chance to stay long term, and showed growth, it would be hard to argue against him being a favorite, the guy is about as nice as they come.
I said "many" fans will call Tebow their most favorite Bronco, not all fans. Thats not an overstatement at all. Not everyone thinks like you do about him.

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 06:42 PM

/[/url]

I looked up which team that might be... In Makakit City, Phillipines. Azkals or the Phillipine National Football Team.

He should just sign in Toronto ... for the Argos.... Could you imagine the Tebow Jersey sales in Toronto. He might outsell the Maple Leafs... :D

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
How can anyone ever forget what he did last season?

Almost lost 5 games in a row, until his defense won that game in Pittsburgh??

claymore
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I would love for him to go to Jacksonville. They are putting billboards over sections of seats in their stadium. Get Tebow and they can take the signs down and replace them with fans. Makes sense from a money standpoint, and I would not be surprised if the whole team started playing better and started winning games too.

I cant believe Tampa isnt in the discussions more. He kinda fits what Freeman does, they have a hard time selling tickets,,, out of the afc... etc...

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
I cant believe Tampa isnt in the discussions more. He kinda fits what Freeman does, they have a hard time selling tickets,,, out of the afc... etc...

I say Buffalo... Tebow Time and the T.V ratings, Jersey Sales and the exposure games between New England vs. Buffalo. I say Buffalo is the place for Tebow.

Atleast the Toronto Argos scouting staff will not have far to travel to scout Tebow.

catfish
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Almost lost 5 games in a row, until his defense won that game in Pittsburgh??

the D did not win the game vs Pit. I will buy that line for most of the other wins, but not that one.

The defense gave up 23 points to a team that normally scores 20 pts/game

The offense scored 23 points on a team that usually gives up 14 points.

and before you get into the steelers d was hurt, Big Ban could barely walk during the game he was so busted up.

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 06:55 PM
the D did not win the game vs Pit. I will buy that line for most of the other wins, but not that one.

The defense gave up 23 points to a team that normally scores 20 pts/game

The offense scored 23 points on a team that usually gives up 14 points.

and before you get into the steelers d was hurt, Big Ban could barely walk during the game he was so busted up.

252 Y in (YAC) accounted for Tebows passing yards though, in the 5 or 6 he completed... I mean 7 or 8.....

catfish
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
252 Y in (YAC) accounted for Tebows passing yards though, in the 5 or 6 he completed... I mean 7 or 8.....

so when Brady hits the open guy on the mark and hence gets 50% of his yards as YAC it is because he is a great qb, but with Tebow it is proof he sucks, I see

and I still didn't see you adress how they YAC is a result of the D...or are you ignoring that statement now that I pointed out its stupidity.

Krugan
03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I said "many" fans will call Tebow their most favorite Bronco, not all fans. Thats not an overstatement at all. Not everyone thinks like you do about him.

How is it I think about him?

Im pretty sure you arent right about my thoughts.

Im quite behind the kid, love his attitude and would love him to lead this team, and my reasons are more geared towards my son than football talent.

I see a 9 year old who gets what the kid is about, and thinks he pretty special. He also knows he isnt the greatest QB out there.

Its a shame, that its happening the way it is.

Maybe your right, he might be remembered as a favorite, for "many".

Canmore
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
so when Brady hits the open guy on the mark and hence gets 50% of his yards as YAC it is because he is a great qb, but with Tebow it is proof he sucks, I see

and I still didn't see you adress how they YAC is a result of the D...or are you ignoring that statement now that I pointed out its stupidity.

All you had to say was stupidity.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Dude, give it a ******* rest already. The guys as good as gone, can't you show just an ounce of class?

Canmore
03-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Dude, give it a ******* rest already. The guys as good as gone, can't you show just an ounce of class?

He doesn't have an ounce to spare.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Don't waste your breath. He, NPBA, and Link (Jaded) are currently sitting in front of their computers naked smearing mayonnaise into their fat rolls for their cats to lick off because they're so happy that Tebow is on the block. Now they have to drive the nail in and get that last second shot on him hoping someone will listen as if anyone really cared what they had to say in the first place.

They've spent 2 years bashing Tebow, with pretty much zero else to say concerning Broncos football and now they have their way. Tebow looks to be on his way out. They have the right to gloat. I celebrated a little when Orton was finally cut, but then again, Orton was a losing QB.

Canmore
03-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Don't waste your breath. He, NPBA, and Link (Jaded) are currently sitting in front of their computers naked smearing mayonnaise into their fat rolls for their cats to lick off because they're so happy that Tebow is on the block. Now they have to drive the nail in and get that last second shot on him hoping someone will listen as if anyone really cared what they had to say in the first place.

They've spent 2 years bashing Tebow, with pretty much zero else to say concerning Broncos football and now they have their way. Tebow looks to be on his way out. They have the right to gloat. I celebrated a little when Orton was finally cut, but then again, Orton was a losing QB.

Brutal picture you painted HP.

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:22 AM
I do kinda feel bad for Tebow through all of this. Dude has been on a roller coaster ride and it couldn't happen to a less deserving person. He's a solid guy and it sucks to see the rug get pulled out from under him.

But, I mean, it's Peyton Manning.

Indeed. He was put in a bad position to begin with when he was drafted so high.

HammeredOut
03-21-2012, 02:46 AM

You have to remember a guy like Brady will have sometimes 7 or 8 players drop back into coverage, with double teams all over the place.... Tebow only ever saw single coverage.. So we still do not have proof if he can be a big passer in the NFL....

catfish
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM
You have to remember a guy like Brady will have sometimes 7 or 8 players drop back into coverage, with double teams all over the place.... Tebow only ever saw single coverage.. So we still do not have proof if he can be a big passer in the NFL....

once again didn't address how the defense won the Pitt game. Are you going to address the original idiotic point, or just continue to spout that I don't have proof Tebow will ever be a great passer...an argument I have never made. The ONLY argument I have ever made about Tebow is that he should get 1 season as the designated starer before his ouster, the situation didn't allow that.

Until you explain how the defense won the game despite giving up more point than average while the offense scored twice as many point on Pittsburg as the average team I don't have anything else to say. If you want to admit you made an incorrect statement we can go back to talking football, until then I am not convinced you know enough about the sport to actually have a conversation with

Npba900
03-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Somehow, I think Tebow knew well before this Manning saga. He was pretty ho-hum in his last interview with Woody. When Woody asked him about Elway's comments about "starter...training camp", he seemed content with it as if he knew it may not get that far. I think one always knows what your boss feels regardless of what they say.

Agreed. Tebow has known all along that the NFL is a bottom line business and loyalty will always take a back seat. Players simply get traded in the NFL.

Traveler
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Indeed. He was put in a bad position to begin with when he was drafted so high.

After effects of McD still F'n us over. We gave up 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounders to get him. Now, we may only recoup a 3rd and still have to draft another QB to be our QBOTF.

TT15Superman
03-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Agreed. Tebow has known all along that the NFL is a bottom line business and loyalty will always take a back seat. Players simply get traded in the NFL.Well, if he didn't know, he saw that clearly before he lost his gig. PM was released by the Colts! And the Circle of Life in the NFL continues as he's destined to knock some other guy off his stool.

wayninja
03-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Tebow knows where florida is, right? He didn't just throw a dart at a map and miss high, did he?

Npba900
03-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Tebow knows where florida is, right? He didn't just throw a dart at a map and miss high, did he?

Well Tebow knows where NY is located and the Jets training facilities is, right?