PDA

View Full Version : Predict Manning's Best Season As A Bronco

OrangeHoof
03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Taking into account Manning's age (36 next fall), his supporting cast and his five-year contract, which year of Manning's contract do you think will be his best in terms of team success?

Thnikkaman
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
He will have 4 really good games, then suffer from a career ending injury in 2012.

slim
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
He will have 4 really good games, then suffer from a career ending injury in 2012.

Please don't turn into Clay.

NightTerror218
03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
2013 after our young offense learns from him.

achjad
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Im thinking 1st year hell be warming up to new faces, still will do pretty good, but 2013 is deff going to be when hes most comfortable

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I still think Manning will play one more season, we'll lose in the playoffs, and he'll retire - so I picked 2012.

achjad
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM

dare you eat your crow come next season and peyton is 100% healthy all year?

Thnikkaman
03-20-2012, 12:55 PM
dare you eat your crow come next season and peyton is 100% healthy all year?

I'll gladly eat my crow if that happens. Meanwhile I'm not going to pretend that its all sunshine and lollypops in Bronco Nation.

achjad
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I'll gladly eat my crow if that happens. Meanwhile I'm not going to pretend that its all sunshine and lollypops in Bronco Nation.

Sweet. So well see this season then! You guys are in for a nice surprise

wayninja
03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Sweet. So well see this season then! You guys are in for a nice surprise

You know this, how, exactly?

I'm all for optimism, but you are talking like it's already happened.

I chose 2013 as I think the Broncos, as-is, area little thin for a run and longer doesn't necessarily = better.

Simple Jaded
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Why is it every time there is a QB change there is an influx of new posters promising the sun and the moon?.......

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 08:07 PM
I just remember when everybody thought I was crazy at the notion of Payton Manning being a Bronco weeks before he was released; and the possibility of him being here. I would have to admit that this year the Broncos Fans should be really excited for what the playoffs will bring us. The Broncos are a force this year. We have a Championship style defense, and now... Payton Manning No Huddle Offense in MIle High!! This is going to be the best year and hope the Broncos have had in a long time.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Why is it every time there is a QB change there is an influx of new posters promising the sun and the moon?.......

For the same reason there will always be a group trying to crucify him and waiting for him to screw up no matter what he does. It all comes down to player fans/haters vs team fans/haters. I think the idea of following a player from team to team and changing your favorite team every time your favorite player changes unis is ludicrous.

Not trying to be the "fan police" but in the era of free agency, it's just more cost effective to stick with a team than to follow a player, IMO.

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
For the same reason there will always be a group trying to crucify him and waiting for him to screw up no matter what he does. It all comes down to player fans/haters vs team fans/haters. I think the idea of following a player from team to team and changing your favorite team every time your favorite player changes unis is ludicrous.

Over and under question.....

Will Tim Tebow get his cherry busted before he is 30??

weazel
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM

well at least that's before he gets his 40 million guaranteed

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I just remember when everybody thought I was crazy at the notion of Payton Manning being a Bronco weeks before he was released; and the possibility of him being here. I would have to admit that this year the Broncos Fans should be really excited for what the playoffs will bring us. The Broncos are a force this year. We have a Championship style defense, and now... Payton Manning No Huddle Offense in MIle High!! This is going to be the best year and hope the Broncos have had in a long time.

As exciting as Manning is, and no doubt we are huge force, some of didn't need Manning to be excited. Again, a huge boon, but it's not like I was ho-hum about 2012 before Manning signed on.

tomjonesrocks
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd say 2013 just because--but I think McGahee is done this year or next. He's 30 already--him finding himself washed up is bound to happen any day now.

Dapper Dan
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm not trying to be too optimistic but I'm not going to be negative Nancy either.

I know Peyton has had a few surgeries and is up there in age. But isn't the purpose of surgery to heal things? Drew Brees played better after his injury. There's have been other notables return to 100% as well. Peyton hasn't taken hits his whole career and he won't now. He gets rid of the ball fast and doesn't land awkwardly when sacked. Elway was a running QB for years and still performed at 36, and that was when you could hit the QB. I just don't get all of this assurance that he won't make it through next season. If Manning thought that would happen, he'd retire. If Elway thought that would happen, he wouldn't have signed Manning. The doctors/trainers found nothing wrong. Mark Schlereth said he went to the same doctor for disk surgery and he had zero issues coming back to 100% and making contact. I think Manning will be just fine. But if you're one of those people that take things hard then go ahead and expect the worst and hope for the best.

sneakers
03-20-2012, 11:47 PM
I voted 2016, because by then defense will be outlawed in the NFL.

FanInAZ
03-20-2012, 11:55 PM

“I beg your pardon; I never promised you a rose garden.”

Hard for me to tell if your old enough to remember that song.

FanInAZ
03-21-2012, 12:01 AM

:laugh: Most insightful post of this thread :laugh:

wayninja
03-21-2012, 12:10 AM

You have to consider all of the genetically enhanced cyborg-sharks that Manning will be competing against though.

Northman
03-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I would say next year (2013) will be his best.

SM19
03-21-2012, 02:59 AM
There's a reason we've put $40 million into the second year of Manning's contract. That'll be the year when he's settled in, and when we'll know whether or not the damage from his neck injury is permanent. After the second year, I think the chance of retirement increases dramatically.

Papa-pwn
03-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Either his second or third year. I expect 2012 to still be a good year for him, something along the lines of 3800 yards and 25 tds, but in 2013 and 2014, when the offense has had plenty of time to adapt to him and the new scheme, I expect him to have a monster year.

MOtorboat
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
All of the above.

vandammage13
03-21-2012, 09:20 AM

Haha...if that happens this forum will explode.