PDA

View Full Version : Pat Bowlen Broke?

SR
03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Doesn't seem to be the case anymore does it fellers

Timmy!
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Lol. I can't believe people bought into this. Some fans are way to gullible.

SR
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Yep. If he can afford $96 million over five years (potentially) I'm sure his finances are juuuuuuust fine.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Doesn't seem to be the case anymore does it fellers

The real question is, what now? Did he shoot his wad of petty cash on Peyton? Manning will probably eat 1/2 of our available cap space. Will we be willing to spend the other half or is Bowlen now done?

Timmy!
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Yep. If he can afford $96 million over five years (potentially) I'm sure his finances are juuuuuuust fine.

I heard his health is bad and he is losing his mind. My sources tell me sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around his house for a while before pissing in a closet.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 10:18 AM
I heard his health is bad and he is losing his mind. My sources tell me sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around his house for a while before pissing in a closet.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :confused:

SR
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
The real question is, what now? Did he shoot his wad of petty cash on Peyton? Manning will probably eat 1/2 of our available cap space. Will we be willing to spend the other half or is Bowlen now done?

Peyton will make $18 million this year, so that leaves us with approximately $22 million in cap space. I am 100% confident Denver will bring in more talent to build a better team around Peyton with the money that's left. The front office has clearly demonstrated to us that money is no object in it's goal to win another ring.

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Peyton will make $18 million this year, so that leaves us with approximately $22 million in cap space. I am 100% confident Denver will bring in more talent to build a better team around Peyton with the money that's left. The front office has clearly demonstrated to us that money is no object in it's goal to win another ring.

How much would he have spent if they didn't get Manning? I'm not saying that it wouldn't have been a bad business decision to spend an extra $40 million if Tebow was the QB, but it's still a business decision. I just don't think that Bowlen is a free spender like he was in the Shanny days where all it took was Shanny telling him that we were on high priced, risky FA away from a SB run, and Bowlen would give him the cash. Spending $96 million on Manning is a pretty risk-free investment with only $18 million or so of the first year on the line .

chazoe60
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
He's still living off all that Tebow jersey money. :laugh:

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
If he wasn't broke then he is now :laugh:

SR
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM
How much would he have spent if they didn't get Manning? I'm not saying that it wouldn't have been a bad business decision to spend an extra $40 million if Tebow was the QB, but it's still a business decision. I just don't think that Bowlen is a free spender like he was in the Shanny days where all it took was Shanny telling him that we were on high priced, risky FA away from a SB run, and Bowlen would give him the cash. Spending $96 million on Manning is a pretty risk-free investment with only $18 million or so of the first year on the line .

Your first question is not even a relevant one. The fact is he DID spend the money to get Manning and it IS a risky investment. Any time you invest ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS on a 35 year old QB with a lot of miles on him, it's risky. Fact of the matter is the Broncos FO wants to win now and Bowlen opened the checkbook that people thought he didn't have anymore.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I felt better when I thought it was plausible that he was broke. Now I'm just bitter for the last 3 years. Cheap ass.

SR
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM
I thought you'd be happy with the singing.

Dapper Dan
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
How much does Elway own? Did they ever get that worked out from like 5-10 years ago or whenever it was?

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Your first question is not even a relevant one. The fact is he DID spend the money to get Manning and it IS a risky investment. Any time you invest ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS on a 35 year old QB with a lot of miles on him, it's risky. Fact of the matter is the Broncos FO wants to win now and Bowlen opened the checkbook that people thought he didn't have anymore.

It's not $96 million that they own Manning. It looks like it is set up for a bunch of one year deals. All they really owe him is $18 million this year (all quaranteed), but that is it. He could have had a $35 million signing bonus, which would have been crippling if he got a career ending injury this year. So it's no where near as risky as it could have been. Thanks to Manning for that. I still think a decent amount of supporting players would show that he wants to win and money isn't a problem. If we only get Manning and some draft picks, then we still have a ton of holes and you just have to wonder.

SR
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
You're picking at semantics. Bottom line is if Bowlen was as broke as some people here let on, he wouldn't have signed Manning.