PDA

View Full Version : Five teams have contacted Broncos about a Tebow trade per NFLN

Lancane
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
The Broncos are expected to be agreeable toward what teams are willing to give in any potential Tebow trade, according to Lombardi.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b8eca/article/five-teams-expressing-interest-with-tim-tebow-available?module=HP11_headline_stack

I have to agree, Denver's going to rid themselves of Tebow no matter what.

Nomad
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Hopefully then, the same posters here can quit bitching about him and move on.

broken12
03-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Hopefully then, the same posters here can quit bitching about him and move on.
Well said....lol

Traveler
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Tim Tebow - QB - Mar 20 - 10:24 AM

Broncos According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jaguars, 49ers and Packers are "three teams to monitor" in trade talks for Tim Tebow.

Related: Jaguars, Packers, 49ers,

Per rotowold.com

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Hopefully then, the same posters here can quit bitching about him and move on.we should be so lucky!
the FO cant wait to unload timmy and be done with this PR nightmare !

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Tebow proving critics wrong again....cynics laughably saying there won't even be a market for him....

Looks like there are football heads out there that see his value after all.

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Hopefully they can get a 2nd or 3rd for him. I don't see which 4th, 5th, or 6th round QB in this draft will be a better QB than Tebow right out of the draft. Obviously, Elway doesn't think Tebow will be a decent pocket passer in the near future so he wants to get rid of him. Hopefully, he keeps value in mind and doesn't just dump him for anything.

BORDERLINE
03-20-2012, 09:51 AM
PR Nightmare??

Or how about bringing back a franchise from the pits of the AFC west and Back in the Playoffs since 05!!!!

Was Tebow a failure here in DENVER? HELL NO. Division Champs, Playoff WIN in his second year!!!!. Yeah He has those crazy FLORIDA fans but dude why do YOU guys let them BUG YOU. That's your DEAL.

IMO Jax would be the best team to land him. But that's just me. Wherever HE goes I hope the business side of the NFL has not taken his PASSION and HEART away for the game.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm sure they will trade him. All this means is that our compensation might be a little higher with several interested parties. It will raise his value a little. EFX has made the decision to move on from Tebow and good or bad, they want that era to end. I just hope we get something good in trade. Some team out there that has problems filling their stadium (ahem: Miami, Jacksonville) should be all over this. Tebow brings fans. Yes, sometimes they are annoying, but Jacksonville signing Henne and Miami signing Garrard isn't going to help with their fanbases' excitement level and desire to buy season tickets.

I can guarantee you that if the Jaguars trade for Tebow, the Jags will sell out every game next year. Shahid Khan knows this and hence why I think they will make a play for Tebow. When it comes down to it, it's all about money and business, especially if your team really doesn't have a chance at competing for a Championship. Tebow will be traded and some franchise will be better for it, if for no other reason for ticket sales.

claymore
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Im hopeful for a 4th. I will be glad to get anything though.

claymore
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm sure they will trade him. All this means is that our compensation might be a little higher with several interested parties. It will raise his value a little. EFX has made the decision to move on from Tebow and good or bad, they want that era to end. I just hope we get something good in trade. Some team out there that has problems filling their stadium (ahem: Miami, Jacksonville) should be all over this. Tebow brings fans. Yes, sometimes they are annoying, but Jacksonville signing Henne and Miami signing Garrard isn't going to help with their fanbases' excitement level and desire to buy season tickets.

I can guarantee you that if the Jaguars trade for Tebow, the Jags will sell out every game next year. Shahid Khan knows this and hence why I think they will make a play for Tebow. When it comes down to it, it's all about money and business, especially if your team really doesn't have a chance at competing for a Championship. Tebow will be traded and some franchise will be better, if nothing else financially, for it.

It really does make financial sense. Hopefully Jax and Miami can get into a bidding war. Talking to Miami fans though, it might piss them off more.

FlyByU
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Be our luck that they trade TT and he comes out next season and throws 60% and does what he does best and just becomes a Pro Bowl as well as maybe a Superbowl Champion. Stranger things have happened. Steve Young anyone remember him?

Nomad
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Hopefully they can get a 2nd or 3rd for him. I don't see which 4th, 5th, or 6th round QB in this draft will be a better QB than Tebow right out of the draft. Obviously, Elway doesn't think Tebow will be a decent pocket passer in the near future so he wants to get rid of him. Hopefully, he keeps value in mind and doesn't just dump him for anything.

Merril Hoge says BRONCOS should be grateful if they can get a 5th for Tebow.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Tebow will do fine if he's given a legit shot with a FO that backs him. He just won't do it in Denver is all.

UnderArmour
Buffalo for a 3rd rounder. Buffalo starts out 0-3, Tebow gets inserted, leads them to playoffs behind staunch defense.

CrazyHorse
I'd like to see him go to the Packers or 49ers. That way if we don't win a Super Bowl this year maybe he could albeit it not as a starter.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Be our luck that they trade TT and he comes out next season and throws 60% and does what he does best and just becomes a Pro Bowl as well as maybe a Superbowl Champion. Stranger things have happened. Steve Young anyone remember him?

As of now, GB, SF, and rumors are NE is in the mix too, have interest. If they trade for him and groom him behind Rodgers, Smith, Brady, etc, Tebow could be that guy in a few years.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
As of now, GB, SF, and rumors are NE is in the mix too, have interest. If they trade for him and groom him behind Rodgers, Smith, Brady, etc, Tebow could be that guy in a few years.

Please not New England!

TXBRONC
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM

I can guarantee you that if the Jaguars trade for Tebow, the Jags will sell out every game next year. Shahid Khan knows this and hence why I think they will make a play for Tebow. When it comes down to it, it's all about money and business, especially if your team really doesn't have a chance at competing for a Championship. Tebow will be traded and some franchise will be better for it, if for no other reason for ticket sales.

Denver does have to accept dog food for an offer. His salary isn't problem and I just don't think he's the kind of guy who will be a locker room cancer if he stays.

Traveler
03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll ask again. Why does it have to be picks, unless it a 2nd or 3rd rounder? I wouldn't be upset if they traded TT for an established veteran at a position of need.

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Buffalo for a 3rd rounder. Buffalo starts out 0-3, Tebow gets inserted, leads them to playoffs behind staunch defense.

I actually think Chan Gailey would know how to use him... Anyone remember a guy named Kordell Stewart? Or a guy named Tyler Thigpen who had a really good season under Gailey as well...?

Buffalo would be a great fit for Tebow and a guy that could move the chains for them in the wildcat. Plus they already have Brad Smith on the roster, a guy that Gailey likes in that mold as well who can also play WR.

Denver is making a mistake letting this guy go.

Nomad
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I just don't think he's the kind of guy who will be a locker room cancer if he stays.

He won't.....that's fabricated by the media and probably wishful thinking by fans so they can dog on him more.

broken12
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Eagle for assente samual

UnderArmour
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I actually think Chan Gailey would know how to use him... Anyone remember a guy named Kordell Stewart? Or a guy named Tyler Thigpen who had a really good season under Gailey as well...?

Buffalo would be a great fit for Tebow and a guy that could move the chains for them in the wildcat. Plus they already have Brad Smith on the roster, a guy that Gailey likes in that mold as well who can also play WR.

One of the outlets was reporting that Buffalo was devastated when we traded back in the first round to grab Tebow because word was that they were trying to do the same thing. They played it off then, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up as the team to offer us the best package for him. Miami and Buffalo are desperate for any sort of spark to help them pass the Patriots. I still think the best option is to just keep him and use him as a gadget player next year but the front office apparently sees Tebow as a distraction when the reality was that fans only called for him to start because we were sick of losing with Orton.

slim
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I'll ask again. Why does it have to be picks, unless it a 2nd or 3rd rounder? I wouldn't be upset if they traded TT for an established veteran at a position of need.

Like a DT?

Hmmmm.....I can't think of a scenario that works.

TimHippo
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Denver does have to accept dog food for an offer. His salary isn't problem and I just don't think he's the kind of guy who will be a locker room cancer if he stays.

I think Elway wants to get rid of him ASAP. Fox too, I dont' think Fox can look him in the eye anymore.

slim
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
One of the outlets was reporting that Buffalo was devastated when we traded back in the first round to grab Tebow because word was that they were trying to do the same thing. They played it off then, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up as the team to offer us the best package for him. Miami and Buffalo are desperate for any sort of spark to help them pass the Patriots. I still think the best option is to just keep him and use him as a gadget player next year but the front office apparently sees Tebow as a distraction when the reality was that fans only called for him to start because we were sick of losing with Orton.

I don't see Buffalo giving up much. They just paid Fitz a ton of money, plus they signed Brad Smith last year. How many roster spots would they use for slash type players?

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Eagle for assente samual

I could be onboard with that. I would prefer someone a little younger at CB. We've got enough 30 somethings in our secondary.

NightTerror218
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I would laugh/cry if he becomes a 40-whiner and they win SB.

Traveler
03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Like a DT?

Hmmmm.....I can't think of a scenario that works.

Hell, send him to J'Ville for Terrance Knighton.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
We can't trade him. He's our starter going into camp and Elway wants him here for a very, very long time.

slim
03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Heel, Send him to J'Ville for Terrance Knighton.

I don't know who that is....can he stop the run?

tomjonesrocks
03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Would prefer to keep Tebow--but if they do move him don't give him to the Patriots.

**** McD and that team doesn't need any help from Denver.

turftoad
03-20-2012, 10:30 AM
We can't trade him. He's our starter going into camp and Elway wants him here for a very, very long time.

Until Manning became available. Things change.

TimHippo
03-20-2012, 10:30 AM

But Elway is soo looking forward to working with him everyday this off season giving him QB tips. And now Manning can also work with Tim every single day. The main reason Peyton choose Denver was so he could tutor Tim Tebow who he wants to see be a successful starting QB for a very very very long time.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
No one was talking about the 49ers being contenders 2 years ago. Alex Smith has a career year, and now eveyrone feels they are bound to go. I think they will drop off this year, and come down closer to what we expect from the 49ers.

NE would be the WORST place Tebow could go to, for Tebow. He wants to be a starting QB, what QB on that roster could he possibly beat out? None. How many TDs do you suppose Brady is willing to give Tebow near the goalline? Not many. Unless Tebow wants to change positions, and I truly don't think he does as he wants to prove everyone wrong, NE would be his worst scenario.

TXBRONC
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Smith functions in the role that you're suggesting for Tebow so I can see the Bills being really interested in getting him.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Tebow blew it by throwing a pass. He's already been beat out.

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Smith functions in the role that you're suggesting for Tebow so I can see the Bills being really interested in getting him.

Not really. They don't use Smith all that much and he isn't nearly the chain-mover that Tebow is.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Until Manning became available. Things change.

Yes, it's understandable that he won't be the starter now. But he's still going to be here for a long, long time, right?

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, it's understandable that he won't be the starter now. But he's still going to be here for a long, long time, right?

Can you post a link to that quote from Elway? Not that it matters either way, because I take words from a GM with a grain of salt. But it seems John has been pretty upfront with the Tebow situation.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Not really. They don't use Smith all that much and he isn't nearly the chain-mover that Tebow is.

Uhmm.... weren't we the LAST in the NFL for 3rd down conversions? How is that a chain mover?

turftoad
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM

I'd be OK with that but don't see it happening.

TimHippo
03-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Can you post a link to that quote from Elway? Not that it matters either way, because I take words from a GM with a grain of salt. But it seems John has been pretty upfront with the Tebow situation.

"He added a great spark for us, and we really had some good things happen to us," Elway said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I was really happy with his progress. I know Tim's going to work hard this offseason. We're hoping that he's going to be the guy for a long, long time."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7611223/john-elway-hopes-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-long-term-quarterback-solution

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Uhmm.... weren't we the LAST in the NFL for 3rd down conversions? How is that a chain mover?

No, actually we were not. And I'm not advocating that Tebow start over Fitzpatrick, just that the Bills could use him the way the Steelers did Slash when Gailey was there, mixed in with Wildcat. Tebow is an elite short yardage player, one of the best I've ever seen at getting 2 when the team needs 2.

TXBRONC
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

From what I've seen that's the role Smith plays. Anyway if they don't use Smith that much I don't see how that would see that much more action.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
ringling brothers
barnum and baily, circuses have always found a home in florida, for decades !
Now, how apropriate that timmy take his circus to florida too.
good riddense to all his ludicrous zealot fans that drove timmy out of denver!
its so ironic.

OrangeHoof
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Tim Tebow - QB - Mar 20 - 10:24 AM

Broncos According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jaguars, 49ers and Packers are "three teams to monitor" in trade talks for Tim Tebow.

Related: Jaguars, Packers, 49ers,

Per rotowold.com

Imagine Tebow in San Fagsicko. That would be a train wreck.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Exactly. It was the fans that forced EFX to play him and now those same fans are demanding he be traded.

I'm sure chef will fill in the logic gaps there with misspellings of common words.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I could be onboard with that. I would prefer someone a little younger at CB. We've got enough 30 somethings in our secondary.

Best deal is neither getting somebody else's pick nor trading for a player...

It's trading Tebow to Balt for the rights to keep our #25 after we sign Ladarius Webb... :D

OrangeHoof
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
PR Nightmare??

Or how about bringing back a franchise from the pits of the AFC west and Back in the Playoffs since 05!!!!

As a starter, Tebow was 9-7 over his Denver career. In those two years, when Tebow did not start, the Broncos were 4-14.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
As a starter, Tebow was 9-7 over his Denver career. In those two years, when Tebow did not start, the Broncos were 4-14.

Yes, but there are 9 reasons for his wins and 14 reasons for our losses.

catfish
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I bet the team willing to give up a 4th rounder gets him, everyone else will be 5th or lower, way undervalued IMO as a result of the way this has been played

Krugan
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Hehe, this whole Tebow thing is funny.

Over zealous fans being over zealous about a player, from all directions.

I would go so far as to say, those that detract, are more over the top than those who support the kid.

Ironic? Maybe

GEM
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM

Merril Hoge is a ******* dimwit. He lost all credibility the last year with his personal attacks on Tebow. You would think Tim stole his wife or something. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Merril Hoge is a ******* dimwit. He lost all credibility the last year with his personal attacks on Tebow. You would think Tim stole his wife or something. :lol:

Merril Hoge has drain bammage from all the concussions he had. He couldn't even find his way home for a couple of years. That alone makes anything he says suspect. He probably doesn't even remember playing in the NFL.

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 11:51 AM
we should be so lucky!
the FO cant wait to unload timmy and be done with this PR nightmare !

If you understood PR you would understand there is no such thing as a PR nightmare. Tebow is every PR person's DREAM. He is the REASON Manning came here. Without saving Ortonary's disaster and getting this team to the PO's, Elway would have had no shot at getting Manning to take him seriously. Be thankful.

lgenf
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Exactly. It was the fans that forced EFX to play him and now those same fans are demanding he be traded.

I'm sure chef will fill in the logic gaps there with misspellings of common words.

what lies are you spouting off about ninja

what fans are demanding he get traded?

yes the fans demanded he play - that he was better then Orton, that he gave us a better chance to win - AND THEY WERE FNG RIGHT ABOUT ALL OF THAT

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
ringling brothers
barnum and baily, circuses have always found a home in florida, for decades !
Now, how apropriate that timmy take his circus to florida too.
good riddense to all his ludicrous zealot fans that drove timmy out of denver!
its so ironic.

In case you haven't noticed Denver is a BIG F-ing circus right now. We have helicopters following the Toyota Sequoia Manning is rumored to be in reminiscant of the OJ debacle. This Manning circus has easily surpassed anything Tebow brought to town. If the circus atmosphere is what bothered you about Tebow, it should definitely bother you more with Manning and the Manningacs!

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 11:56 AM

yes the fans demanded he play - that he was better then Orton, that he gave us a better chance to win - AND THEY WERE FNG RIGHT ABOUT ALL OF THAT

It doesn't matter. The simple idea that EFX caved to fan pressure and played Tebow there is nothing more than idiotic! Nobody could honestly believe that! If they do, then they don't understand football guys.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
It doesn't matter. The simple idea that EFX caved to fan pressure and played Tebow there is nothing more than idiotic! Nobody could honestly believe that! If they do, then they don't understand football guys.

jhil... Schlereth himself was saying just yesterday, that after watching Tebow EVERYDAY at practice (and he was there because of his local radio show) he said that if Tim had any other name...he would have been CUT from the team. He was THAT bad. To say that the fan pressure, and media pressure, doesn't have ANYTHING to do with who gets on the field....is being naive.

As much as we would all like to believe that the ONLY thing that matters is how they perform... and that draft position, money, and name doesn't come into account....it's just not realistic.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM

Someone's sarcasm detector is on the fritz!

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/sarcasm01.jpg

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
jhil... Schlereth himself was saying just yesterday, that after watching Tebow EVERYDAY at practice (and he was there because of his local radio show) he said that if Tim had any other name...he would have been CUT from the team. He was THAT bad. To say that the fan pressure, and media pressure, doesn't have ANYTHING to do with who gets on the field....is being naive.

As much as we would all like to believe that the ONLY thing that matters is how they perform... and that draft position, money, and name doesn't come into account....it's just not realistic.

What does his name have to do with anything? :confused: I heard that same ol line of crap lobbed around yesterday. He was a big name in college. But so are a minimum of 31 other players drafted in the first round. His draft status has more to do with his playing than anything and it should! This team gave up a TON to get him. You have to see what you have in 1st rounders and especially when they cost more than just the pick used to select them.

I would buy the name crap if his last name were Manning and he were a rookie but his name didn't mean squat.

Finally, Rav, I recall saying in the Preseason that Fox played Tebow against Dallas' #1s for an extended period of time because he caved to fan pressure and wanted to show the fans how wrong they were! I was called a conspiracist, i think that was echoed by you, and told I had a tinfoil hat, and that coaches don't care what the fans want. Now when it is convenient to this side of the argument, it is all an answer to the fans :lol: PLEASE!

lgenf
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't really care why he finally got to play, the truth is that he tool a 1-4 team to the AFC West Championship and then beat a Pitt team that no one gave us a chance against and took the team into the second round of the playoffs which the team had not done it years.

Now it was not completely T2, there are 10 other guys on the offense, 11 other guys on defense and a slew of special teamers that ALL played into winning those games, but the BIG difference out there was that the other 10 guys on offense, 11 guys on defense and everyone on special teams were all still on the field during the 1-4 start, the QB changed and everything else did also.

That does get credited to T2 and I cannot blame the FO for getting Manning, he's a proven HOF QB (admittedly maybe some health issues there, but from what we here he is clear)

the QB position was definitely upgraded this off-season - but Tebow should get and deserves the credit for much of what turned this season around.

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 12:51 PM

Merril Hoge should be grateful he still has a job...:coffee:

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM

All those things matter Rav, like you said.

But what matters more than anything is winning.

If the Broncos were winning with Orton, the fan pressure, Tebow's draft position, and Tebow's name wouldn't have got him on the field.

And contrastingly, if we weren't winning with Tebow once he got the nod, none of those factors would have kept him in...

Winning is what matters, and the lack of winning got Tebow in, and the consistent winning afterward kept him in.

OrangeHoof
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
If you understood PR you would understand there is no such thing as a PR nightmare. Tebow is every PR person's DREAM. He is the REASON Manning came here. Without saving Ortonary's disaster and getting this team to the PO's, Elway would have had no shot at getting Manning to take him seriously. Be thankful.

Indeed. At a 1-4 pace, the 2012 Broncos would have finished 4-12 again or possibly 3-13. No way Manning would want to play for a team with that many holes. The irony is that we have all the same holes but we also had Tebow. So, now with Manning taking over, we are back to a 4-12 team personnel-wise other than the players we will add through FA and the draft.

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Indeed. At a 1-4 pace, the 2012 Broncos would have finished 4-12 again or possibly 3-13. No way Manning would want to play for a team with that many holes. The irony is that we have all the same holes but we also had Tebow. So, now with Manning taking over, we are back to a 4-12 team personnel-wise other than the players we will add through FA and the draft.

Worse when you consider the removal of Lloyd, the loss of Royal, DJ "the jackass" Williams F'ed up and will be gone for 6 games, etc...

I keep trying to remind people all the doom and gloom they were spouting at 1-4 and make them remember the extensive amount of holes and depth issues that Tebow overcame!

What can you do :noidea:

CoachChaz
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Why is thi so complicated? YES...Tebow played a big role in our surprise season. But...we had an opportunity to improve the position and we did. Now Tebow is irrelevant. The reason we looked to improve and the reason he is irrelevant are the real reason for his eventual trade/release. The style of play and the game plan to go with it will not work. It went ok for a season, but teams and defenses are smart. They eventually figure out how to stop a gimmick...and that's what we were with TT. A gimmick.

So, the idea is to see if he improves. But let's be real. Is he really going to improve enough in one or two seasons to warrant calling him a franchise QB? Will he improve at all? It's a big gamble that the current brain trust doesnt want to take...and probably rightfully so.

Now we can say we're gambling with Manning and I can understand that philosophy, but I dont fear for PM's health the way some people do. His neck is fine. The big gamble is his arm and rust and how much he has left in the tank. So here's what it boils down to. You have millions of dollars and you have to place a bet. Where does your money go?

On the legs and left arm of a gimmick QB that may never be any better than he is...

or on the arm and rust of a guaranteed hall of famer with only a few seasons left?

At the end of the day Bowlen and EFX chose where they preferred to put the money. Personally I agree with them, but it's with no disrespect intended toward Tebow. he just happens to be the odd man out.

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
So then if Tebow and his gimmicks and gimmick offense can get a home playoff game, a win, and advance in the PO's Manning should be able to do at least that and possibly more....right?

CoachChaz
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
So then if Tebow and his gimmicks and gimmick offense can get a home playoff game, a win, and advance in the PO's Manning should be able to do at least that and possibly more....right?

Depends. Things change every year. Maybe the Chargers are capable of winning 13 games this year...maybe our first round playoff game isnt against a team riddled with injuries...maybe it takes some time to restructure the offense to fit a passing game...maybe we dont hit 3 last second FG's...maybe we dont recover onside kicks.

Too many variables.

Traveler
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Tim Tebow - QB - Broncos

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have discussed trading for Tim Tebow, "even if it's considered a longshot."

Related: JetsSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 20 - 2:42 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

slim
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Sounds like there is some interest....NTL, give us a quick recap on the law of supply and demand.

Lancane
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Tim wants out of Denver, he expressed to a close friend this past week over dinner that he wants to go back to the south, and hopefully back home to Florida.

The problem is that Tebow is polarizing because what he brings, his willpower, raw athletic ability, demeanor and character, all great attributes and at such a high level that he's been favored over more capable personnel. For example Orton, he lacked character, had a poor demeanor and we never saw much drive in him, talent wise he wasn't physically as gifted but mechanically he was far more sound. Well of course fans are going to want Tebow over Orton, he has what we saw Orton didn't have. Cam Newton, there is no arguing that there are similarities but Cam is a far more complete quarterback, why couldn't he beat Tebow out at Florida, his mechanics have long been better, and again I've got to attribute this to everything else he brings to the table.

People have accused me of hating on him, but if anyone ever really read my posts they'd notice that I respect him. I've said before that with his physical abilities, demeanor, leadership capability, willpower and character that he'd be an All-Pro at most other positions from linebacker to tight end, he just isn't a good quarterback and that's not because of anything more then poor mechanics which are harder to learn and even harder to master, that's just a simple fact. If they were easy all coaches would have to do is look for more kids like Tim and mold them into great quarterbacks. And we can not discount what he did when given the opportunity to play, despite his short comings...but I still did not see where he could be made a capable at for the demands of the position, I hope he finds it. As I stated a thousand times before, if he can learn the mechanics and the other necessary bits to become a solid passing quarterback, then the skies the limit. But in all honesty I don't see that happening without someone having to cater the offense for him in order to cover up the flaws that are there.

Schlereth wasn't wrong in what he said, he was dead on. Anyone other then Tebow would have been cut, it's those other attributes he brings that have always made it hard to part with him or brought the masses of fans to come and believe in him. On physical prowess and ability, if another collegiate quarterback came into the league with his skill set and lacked everything else, he'd be out of the league in a year or two, and that speaks volumes about Tebow.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
All those things matter Rav, like you said.

But what matters more than anything is winning.

If the Broncos were winning with Orton, the fan pressure, Tebow's draft position, and Tebow's name wouldn't have got him on the field.

And contrastingly, if we weren't winning with Tebow once he got the nod, none of those factors would have kept him in...

Winning is what matters, and the lack of winning got Tebow in, and the consistent winning afterward kept him in.

Not denying any of this. But not sure what you are tryingto say. We know that the winning kept him in, but what does that have to do with Manning being here now?

catfish
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Tim wants out of Denver, he expressed to a close friend this past week over dinner that he wants to go back to the south, and hopefully back home to Florida.

The problem is that Tebow is polarizing because what he brings, his willpower, raw athletic ability, demeanor and character, all great attributes and at such a high level that he's been favored over more capable personnel. For example Orton, he lacked character, had a poor demeanor and we never saw much drive in him, talent wise he wasn't physically as gifted but mechanically he was far more sound. Well of course fans are going to want Tebow over Orton, he has what we saw Orton didn't have. Cam Newton, there is no arguing that there are similarities but Cam is a far more complete quarterback, why couldn't he beat Tebow out at Florida, his mechanics have long been better, and again I've got to attribute this to everything else he brings to the table.

People have accused me of hating on him, but if anyone ever really read my posts they'd notice that I respect him. I've said before that with his physical abilities, demeanor, leadership capability, willpower and character that he'd be an All-Pro at most other positions from linebacker to tight end, he just isn't a good quarterback and that's not because of anything more then poor mechanics which are harder to learn and even harder to master, that's just a simple fact. If they were easy all coaches would have to do is look for more kids like Tim and mold them into great quarterbacks. And we can not discount what he did when given the opportunity to play, despite his short comings...but I still did not see where he could be made a capable at for the demands of the position, I hope he finds it. As I stated a thousand times before, if he can learn the mechanics and the other necessary bits to become a solid passing quarterback, then the skies the limit. But in all honesty I don't see that happening without someone having to cater the offense for him in order to cover up the flaws that are there.

Schlereth wasn't wrong in what he said, he was dead on. Anyone other then Tebow would have been cut, it's those other attributes he brings that have always made it hard to part with him or brought the masses of fans to come and believe in him. On physical prowess and ability, if another collegiate quarterback came into the league with his skill set and lacked everything else, he'd be out of the league in a year or two, and that speaks volumes about Tebow.

Not arguing any part of your post, just saying I was at UF when Tebow and Cam were there. Cam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when he was at UF, I don't know who helped him with his passing skills, but he was awful, literally missing wide open guys much worse than anything Tebow ever threw. He really grew leaps and bounds at Auburn and in JuCo. Another reason I think the "Tebow can't improve" is pretty much BS

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
What does his name have to do with anything? :confused: I heard that same ol line of crap lobbed around yesterday. He was a big name in college. But so are a minimum of 31 other players drafted in the first round. His draft status has more to do with his playing than anything and it should! This team gave up a TON to get him. You have to see what you have in 1st rounders and especially when they cost more than just the pick used to select them.
Because of the giant following he had. What don't you get? Tebow didn't have several players used to draft HIM because of the way he throws the football for the NFL. McDoosh used a ton of picks to take Tebow because of the guy "Tebow" is... not because his style of play fits the NFL. So his name "Tebow" got him drafted in the first round. His draft "status" is because of a doofus of a coach.

I would buy the name crap if his last name were Manning and he were a rookie but his name didn't mean squat.
Where the **** have you been if you don't think Tebow's name mean't "squat?" Seriously, this is like you have just now woken from a long, bad, dream. Have you not witnessed the Tebow hysteria the moment Tebow was drafted?????? How could you make this statement with seriousness behind it??

Finally, Rav, I recall saying in the Preseason that Fox played Tebow against Dallas' #1s for an extended period of time because he caved to fan pressure and wanted to show the fans how wrong they were! I was called a conspiracist, i think that was echoed by you, and told I had a tinfoil hat, and that coaches don't care what the fans want. Now when it is convenient to this side of the argument, it is all an answer to the fans :lol: PLEASE!
You were trying to state that Fox played Tebow with No help against another team's #1's for the purpose of making him fail. You were behind the idea that EVERYONE in the front-office had this conspiracy to make Tebow look bad on national television. For those thoughts, you DO need a tin-foil hat.

But the arguement is different in this discussion. You are trying to say that the media and fan pressure had NOTHING to do with Tebow getting in when he did. But of COURSE it did. Of course the losing behind Orton called for the FANS of the Broncos, and the MEGA FANS of Tebow to scream and scream to see Tebow since we were losing anyway. You honestly want to say that this doesn't come into play??? Really?

It comes into play every year for teams. The pressure to start the newly drafted QB, RB, DB, or punt returner. Of course it does. Roster spots are influenced by money, draft position, and player recognition ALLLLL the time. I think its pretty short sighted to believe that it has NOTHING to do with anything. Of couse big names are sat down, or high-priced players are benched...but that doesn't mean that the big name wasn't ahead in the start because of his name, or because of the amount of money he was paid.

Tebow has brought out this conspiracy side of you... one that believes everything is AGAINST poor Timmy, and everything else is purely meant to make him look bad. Tim isn't being treated any differently than man QBs were during this entire process.

TT15Superman
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Adam Schefter reports Packers, Jaguars, Dolphins, and Jets have discussed a trade for Tebow.

Therefore, it's done.
My 6yo son is a HUGE dolphins fan and loves to play as the Dolphins on Madden. Guess who his starting QB is? Oh, BTW, my son had a moment with the guy upstairs while in the womb. He's a miracle baby, too (just like Timmy), and it's strange how things always work out for him...ALWAYS. (NOTE: His prayers about Tebow's success as a Bronco were never really sincere; it was what Mommy, Daddy, and his older bro wanted. Let's see if he gets what he wants now; somehow, I would not be surprised.)

Lancane
03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Not arguing any part of your post, just saying I was at UF when Tebow and Cam were there. Cam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when he was at UF, I don't know who helped him with his passing skills, but he was awful, literally missing wide open guys much worse than anything Tebow ever threw. He really grew leaps and bounds at Auburn and in JuCo. Another reason I think the "Tebow can't improve" is pretty much BS

If he improved once away from Florida then I'd have to say it was likely because the UF coaching staff was inept, a perfect example would have been looking at Tebow and that they didn't try to refine his mechanics one iota Cat. That also means that Newton had a better overall grasp of the mechanics even if he lacked overall refinement. You might ask how I can say that, but when I look that Tebow with several quarterback coaches and more time in the league then Cam, Cam in one year with no off-season looked like a pro quarterback whereas Tebow did not. I'm not going to argue your belief, but with the amount of coaching Tim has received and the mere fact he was more seasoned as the term goes, that to me says more then maybe it does to you. But learning the mechanics, understanding them and mastering them, far harder then people realize and that is simply a fact.

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Not denying any of this. But not sure what you are tryingto say. We know that the winning kept him in, but what does that have to do with Manning being here now?

My post had nothing to do with Manning..Why would it?? I was responding to your post that was talking about reasons why Tebow played, and nowhere in your post did you bring up Manning...so why would I?

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
My post had nothing to do with Manning..Why would it?? I was responding to your post that was talking about reasons why Tebow played, and nowhere in your post did you bring up Manning...so why would I?
I thought you were quoting something I posted to jhil. I admit, this new board system has my pages mixed up on quotes and scrolling back, and whats at the top of the page one minute, isn't the next.

so what were you referring to? what did you say? :lol:

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Because of the giant following he had. What don't you get? Tebow didn't have several players used to draft HIM because of the way he throws the football for the NFL. McDoosh used a ton of picks to take Tebow because of the guy "Tebow" is... not because his style of play fits the NFL. So his name "Tebow" got him drafted in the first round. His draft "status" is because of a doofus of a coach.

A bit presumptuous on your part, Rav. :lol: The mere suggestion that McDaniels drafted Tebow because of his following or name is simply silly and embarassing. I can't believe, you of all people, are trying to sell this garbage.

"We want players who are tough, smart, have great character, love football and are passionate about coming here and helping the Broncos win a championship. I think both players (DT and Tebow) fit that role, and I think that's something that we're looking for in all of our players. What we're trying to build here is team chemistry and a team that cares about winning and winning a championship, and that's it." He also added specifically about Tebow, "He has all the traits you look for. It's a good pick."

Is one of the traits McDaniels looking for his name or crazy followers? :lol: The fact is Tebow had enough success at Florida to justify being picked where he was let alone higher had that been the case. He won the Heisman. He won a National Championship. He was a well over 60% passer in college. Cam Newton went #1 overall. I suppose that only happened because of his last name and his following? :confused: I mean afterall he had quite the notoriety, albeit for different reasons.

"Tim Tremendous may be high risk, but he will be a Mile High Reward..."

Where the **** have you been if you don't think Tebow's name mean't "squat?" Seriously, this is like you have just now woken from a long, bad, dream. Have you not witnessed the Tebow hysteria the moment Tebow was drafted?????? How could you make this statement with seriousness behind it??

Because there have been plenty of other highly celebrated players prior to Tebow who didn't do shit with their opportunity, no matter how it came, once they got it. Jeff George. JaWalrus Russell. The list is riddled with names fans of franchises has pinned their hopes on only to see them flounder and fail miserably. Most first round picks are highly publicised these days and well known. They aren't picked for their name. They are picked for their accomplishments. Again, Tebow did enough to justify being the 25th selection. Several before him who accomplished less have been selected higher.

You were trying to state that Fox played Tebow with No help against another team's #1's for the purpose of making him fail. You were behind the idea that EVERYONE in the front-office had this conspiracy to make Tebow look bad on national television. For those thoughts, you DO need a tin-foil hat. Please. Tebow came in and was left in for an extended series of time against Dallas' #1s. He was left with the likes of Eron Riley a PS guy while Dallas went full bore.

The theory that they started Tebow because of the fans is what requires a tinfoil hat. Coaches don't give a damn what the fans want. He put Tebow in to start the second half against the chargers to see if he "could provide a spark." Tebow almost led them to a comeback in THAT game. That is where he earned the job. He didn't do anything after that to lose it.

My theory of the Dallas game has plenty to support it as well. I wont go over it here as I have posted it several times.

But the arguement is different in this discussion. You are trying to say that the media and fan pressure had NOTHING to do with Tebow getting in when he did. But of COURSE it did. Of course the losing behind Orton called for the FANS of the Broncos, and the MEGA FANS of Tebow to scream and scream to see Tebow since we were losing anyway. You honestly want to say that this doesn't come into play??? Really?

Orton's play is why Tebow went in. The coaches don't listen nor pin their future on the fans fickle ways/demands. The mere fact you think they do is laughable. Fox put Tebow in, he told McCoy to tell the kid he is up, to provide a spark because the "one who gives us the best chance to win" couldnt do shit!

It comes into play every year for teams. The pressure to start the newly drafted QB, RB, DB, or punt returner. Of course it does. Roster spots are influenced by money, draft position, and player recognition ALLLLL the time. I think its pretty short sighted to believe that it has NOTHING to do with anything. Of couse big names are sat down, or high-priced players are benched...but that doesn't mean that the big name wasn't ahead in the start because of his name, or because of the amount of money he was paid.

1st rounders should be played. Teams should see what they have in them especially when it was more than a first to obtain them. I agree thanks for making my point. It has nothing to do with his name. If you continue to insist that then I guess we should blast all the A&M fans here only for Miller. We should blast Fox for only playing him due to his name right? :confused: Sounds crazy because it is!

Tebow has brought out this conspiracy side of you... one that believes everything is AGAINST poor Timmy, and everything else is purely meant to make him look bad. Tim isn't being treated any differently than man QBs were during this entire process.

Tim was treated differently by the EFX regime. As I stated, he played against Dallas' #1s and outperformed Orton. He was rewarded with no snaps the following week and no playing time in the PS game. YET when Quinn had a nice 4th Q against 3rd stringers he was elevated on the depth charts and got more reps and playing time in the following PS game.

I am not the only one who suggests the motives for going to Tebow early. There are other posters who have questioned it as well as some in the media.

Finally, I don't think it is all about making Tim look bad. I never said that. I dont think he got a fair shake here especially considering he is the REASON the Broncos were able to get Manning. But the NFL might as well stand for the Not Fair League! Its a business and I get that.

Unlike a lot of Bronco fans, I am glad to have seen TT in a Bronco uni. I am thankful for what he brought this team. Unlike any Bronco before him, I will actually root for him once he is elsewhere. I guess I was able to rid myself of the hate that came from the Cutler trade and then the drafting of Tebow and try to look at it with optimism if not some objectivity.

nevcraw
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Please not NE or KC..
For his sake Jacksonville would be awesome..
No trade for Blaine. He reminds of that ahole in pretty in pink.

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I thought you were quoting something I posted to jhil. I admit, this new board system has my pages mixed up on quotes and scrolling back, and whats at the top of the page one minute, isn't the next.

so what were you referring to? what did you say? :lol:

Eh..forget it...I don't feel like its worth rehashing. :laugh:

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM

I think you are a bit off here, Rav...

Tebow didn't get drafted because of his name...There are plenty of "good character guys" who come out of college.

You are doing Tebow a disservice by implying that it was his name and not his accomplishments on the field in college that led to his draft position...Tebow not only beat the best college football had to offer, but set records along the way.

You don't have the type of career he had at the highest level of college football without having some talent.

Cugel
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Who knows how much Tebow can improve? But he DID improve some during the course of the season. During training camp he was beyond horrible trying to pass. In his first few games, especially against the Lions he was laughably bad.

Then after he gained some confidence from the switch to an option offense, he began to throw better. By the playoffs he was hitting some deep passes down the sidelines, including one key one to set up the winning drive against Pittsburgh. I doubt he would have completed that pass in his first start.

He's far from polished right now, but he HAS shown improvement. That does not automatically mean he will become an accurate pocket passing QB, but it does show he has the potential.

catfish
03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
If he improved once away from Florida then I'd have to say it was likely because the UF coaching staff was inept, a perfect example would have been looking at Tebow and that they didn't try to refine his mechanics one iota Cat. That also means that Newton had a better overall grasp of the mechanics even if he lacked overall refinement. You might ask how I can say that, but when I look that Tebow with several quarterback coaches and more time in the league then Cam, Cam in one year with no off-season looked like a pro quarterback whereas Tebow did not. I'm not going to argue your belief, but with the amount of coaching Tim has received and the mere fact he was more seasoned as the term goes, that to me says more then maybe it does to you. But learning the mechanics, understanding them and mastering them, far harder then people realize and that is simply a fact.

I think the JuCo school he went to ran a pro-style offense and re-tooled his mechanics prior to him going to Auburn. As far as UF, they stated they knew he had a problem, but he was putting up stats so why try to fix it. It is all spilled milk now, but I think it would have been interesting to see Denver say "Tim you are the guy, you have all the snaps in offseason, most of the playing time in preseason and we are going to throw it 30-40 times a game regardless of the outcome. Go out there and play." I think Carolina did a great job this year making the focus on getting the QB to be the best he possibly can be and building his confidence..the wins will come later. Didn't get all flustered over turnovers, surrounded him with talent and just let Cam gain confidence. Smart way to build a franchise guy if you don't have the luxury of sitting him for a year or two

Cugel
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!

McMoron stated after he was fired that he drafted Tebow because "I knew I could coach him up." In short, it was McMoron's ego that he'd worked with Matt Cassel and (in his own mind) turned him into a future elite QB.

Once he was balked at getting Cassel for Cutler he figured he'd do the same with Tebow that he did with Cassel -- work with him and get him to become a pocket passing QB.

That this was pure idiocy is obvious. It was far from McMoron's worst moment however. :coffee:

MasterShake
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Who knows how much Tebow can improve? But he DID improve some during the course of the season. During training camp he was beyond horrible trying to pass. In his first few games, especially against the Lions he was laughably bad.

Then after he gained some confidence from the switch to an option offense, he began to throw better. By the playoffs he was hitting some deep passes down the sidelines, including one key one to set up the winning drive against Pittsburgh. I doubt he would have completed that pass in his first start.

He's far from polished right now, but he HAS shown improvement. That does not automatically mean he will become an accurate pocket passing QB, but it does show he has the potential.

He seemed to have his best time passing when he was in a zone. The one game I can point to where that was obvious was against Minnesota. Man, if he could play like that all the time we would have never even thougt about Manning.

EDIT: And by zone I mean mentally. Like when it seemed he was going with his gut and not over thinking.

OrangeHoof
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
So here's what it boils down to. You have millions of dollars and you have to place a bet. Where does your money go?

On the legs and left arm of a gimmick QB that may never be any better than he is...

or on the arm and rust of a guaranteed hall of famer with only a few seasons left?

All football players know that injuries can happen to anyone at any time. What worries me about Manning is that the Indy offense was all about protecting Manning with short drops and timing passes. He's as immobile as a walrus so he needs great blocking and dependable "hands" receivers. How many times did we see Tebow extend plays with his legs? How many times did we see Decker and DT drop some very catchable balls?

My point is that the surrounding cast we have around Manning is probably not up to a Manning-style offense other than Clady and possibly McGahee. You put him in with ordinary players and he's going to get clobbered. So then we're back to the neck and arm questions.

If I'm a D-Coord, I'm going to blitz the hell out of Manning at the start just to see a) whether his supporting cast can block for him b) whether his receivers can catch and c) whether Manning can still take a hit.

All that said, Manning is a calculated gamble worth taking but i just don't think we'll have the personnel around him to win championships until maybe 2014 or 2015.

catfish
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
McMoron stated after he was fired that he drafted Tebow because "I knew I could coach him up." In short, it was McMoron's ego that he'd worked with Matt Cassel and (in his own mind) turned him into a future elite QB.

Once he was balked at getting Cassel for Cutler he figured he'd do the same with Tebow that he did with Cassel -- work with him and get him to become a pocket passing QB.

That this was pure idiocy is obvious. It was far from McMoron's worst moment however. :coffee:

I gotta point out Tebow was a much better passer under McD, say whatever else you want, but there is no denying that

HammeredOut
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
The Updated Teams that have contacted the Broncos for Tim Tebow.

1. Toronto Argos ------- They have said "Two First Round Draft Picks, plus season tickets to the Maple Leafs".
2. B.C Lions---------- They offered Dave Dickenson plus, Season tickets to the Vancouver Whitecaps games
3. Phillipine National Football Team ---------- Tebow was quoted as saying "He couldn't wait to play back home".......
4. The Buffalo Bills ------------- Buffalo owner was quoted as saying "How many draft picks is Denver going to give me for this distraction".
5. The Miami Dolphins ---------- Miami might actually be the only team left without a seat when the music stops and are forced to offer a 5th or 6th draft pick for Tebow.

PAINTERDAVE
03-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I gotta point out Tebow was a much better passer under McD, say whatever else you want, but there is no denying that

Ummm.. Tebow never started a game for McD... he went in and played for Coach Studesville the first time.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 09:28 PM
The Updated Teams that have contacted the Broncos for Tim Tebow.

1. Toronto Argos ------- They have said "Two First Round Draft Picks, plus season tickets to the Maple Leafs".
2. B.C Lions---------- They offered Dave Dickenson plus, Season tickets to the Vancouver Whitecaps games
3. Phillipine National Football Team ---------- Tebow was quoted as saying "He couldn't wait to play back home".......
4. The Buffalo Bills ------------- Buffalo owner was quoted as saying "How many draft picks is Denver going to give me for this distraction".
5. The Miami Dolphins ---------- Miami might actually be the only team left without a seat when the music stops and are forced to offer a 5th or 6th draft pick for Tebow.

FYI, Terry Bradshaw called and wants his hairpiece back. Says he left it on your pillow...

Dzone
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
lmao!!!...

Glazer just said no way possible that Tebow stays in Denver, mainly because of the distraction

jhildebrand
03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
If TT doesn't want to be here, then so be it. I think he has done enough and gone through enough in his short tenure here to warrant a ticket out of town if he so chooses. If that is the case, I hope the Broncos treat him with complete class and do right by the kid. My preference is he stays but the organization doesn't care what me or any other fans want (despite what Rav says :D)

jlarsiii
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I saw this tidbit on IAOFM (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/)

Tebow, who lost his starting job this week when the Broncos signed Peyton Manning, is expected to be dealt for a third-round pick. Several national reports have the Miami Dolphins and Green Bay Packers in the running for Tebow, but the source informed WKMG on Tuesday night that the trade talks were exclusively down to the Jets or Jaguars. One of those teams could end up with the standout quarterback by Wednesday.

Source: http://www.news4jax.com/sports/Source-Tebow-going-to-Jags-or-Jets/-/475646/9641666/-/j4vvaw/-/

wayninja
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Ummm.. Tebow never started a game for McD... he went in and played for Coach Studesville the first time.

Technically he did throw 1 pass while McD was the coach.

weazel
03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Technically he did throw 1 pass while McD was the coach.

did McD take him up on his offer??

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
I saw this tidbit on IAOFM (http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/)

Source: http://www.news4jax.com/sports/Source-Tebow-going-to-Jags-or-Jets/-/475646/9641666/-/j4vvaw/-/

Yeah, twitter is blowing up with Tebow to the Jets rumors. I guess they are the front runners right now and it's very legit. They want Tebow to push Sanchez and to be their Wildcat/Brad Smith replacement. The Jets love to run the ball. Tebow would be great for that. The dude is still money in the redzone.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
did McD take him up on his offer??

I'm sure this is terribly clever, but I don't get it.

DenBronx
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Here we go....Bob nailed two breaking stories already this year.

Incarcerated Bob‏@incarceratedbobReply

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: 2teams made offers for Tebow. Browns (Offer 5thrd Pick 2012) Jets (Offer 6thrd Pick 2012 + Cond pick in 2013)

wayninja
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, twitter is blowing up with Tebow to the Jets rumors. I guess they are the front runners right now and it's very legit. They want Tebow to push Sanchez and to be their Wildcat/Brad Smith replacement. The Jets love to run the ball. Tebow would be great for that. The dude is still money in the redzone.

It's just a rumor. Serious interest for Tebow is laughable, We'll be lucky if we get a 327th for him to play back up to Rex Ryan's foot masseuse.

DenBronx
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Most likely teams will offer low round picks that will be conditional. If the player performs it might escalate into as high as a 3rd rounder.

Quick, easy deal and EFX can wash their hands clean.

jlarsiii
03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
It's just a rumor. Serious interest for Tebow is laughable, We'll be lucky if we get a 327th for him to play back up to Rex Ryan's foot masseuse.

I agree about the rumor part. For the most part I have avoided posting from the rumor mill, but I felt compelled to post that one because it mentioned a 3rd round pick which is much higher than most have been stating since Manning signed on the dotted line. I am sure it is a pipe dream, but I think most would settle for a 3rd round pick at this point...

Nomad
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
I hope Tebow lands in Jacksonville where he'd get appreciated more than NY.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 11:17 PM
I would be quite happy with a 3rd round pick. I'd call Bellicheat the next day and offer it to him for Ryan Mallett.

chazoe60
03-20-2012, 11:22 PM
I hope Tebow gets traded soon so both sides can move on.
Love the kid and will honestly hope for him to excel no matter where he goes, but the hyperbole coming from both sides needs to stop.

We have Manning now. Tebow is almost assuredly gone, lets just wish him well and move on.

catfish
03-21-2012, 07:31 AM

McD was the one who trained him that year, and I don't recall they changed up the offense much...you know what I meant

catfish
03-21-2012, 07:35 AM
I hope Tebow lands in Jacksonville where he'd get appreciated more than NY.

I think Tebow actually would be in a better position in Jets. They have a better team, He needs a year on the bench, I think if Sanchez doesn't pick it up Tebow could beat him out of the starting spot after next year

lgenf
03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
PLEASE SAY NO TO THE JETS I can't stand the thought of T2 in NYJ Green