PDA

View Full Version : Why Pick Denver?

WARHORSE
03-20-2012, 05:42 AM
Demaryius Thomas.

All the right reasons Id like to say. We will hear out of Peytons mouth something very general, like : "Well, it just felt right....."

While that might be true, Im thinking there were alot of family decisions that came into play, as well as his feel for "Broncos Country".

As a person who has visited Denver to come and watch football, Denver is very much a 'football' town. And even though it has its metropolis, the city of Denver has a very smalltown feel to it.

I loved it there, and it was the people that made it that way.

Blue collar football community.

Me, my son and four other guys from Hawaii flew up to Denver to watch the Broncos vs McNabb/Owens Eagles. We stayed in Keystone. One night we were driving down the mountain, and it was pitch black. All of a sudden, like a field of dreams, we saw these bright lights about halfway down the mountains. Like a field of dreams, we beheld a highschool football game getting ready to start. Pitch black. Middle of nowhere in the mountains....and we find football.

Like a scene from Friday night lights.....and it WAS a friday night I believe.........we stopped, bought tickets, and watched football in the middle of nowhere....and it was AWESOME. Once the stares from the locals turned to murmurs back and forth......some folks befriended us, and you could tell the word quickly spread that we were visiting from the islands, and it was a cruise from there out. The three police officers that had decided to stand behind us relaxed, and went on their way leaving us to an awesome night.

But I want to say it now, so that it gets thought of later: I dont think hes the main reason Peyton came here, but I believe Demaryius Thomas makes Peyton Manning drool. I believe DT will go NUCLEAR with Peyton under center if they both stay healthy.

We forget DT has hardly played in this NFL. He only got back in late in the season, and is coming off a major injury. Thomas shone like a comet in a starless sky, with Tim Tebow throwing to him. Its going to be a major difference for DT when the ball comes in with a tight spiral where he expects it according to the timing of his route. There was no timing with Tebow. It was all improvision.

Demaryius can beat the jam, can go up and get it on the run or in the redzone, or can take a short pass to the house. He can sit in a zone, muscle a guy with his body, or take a slant across town.

Demaryius is a star waiting to happen with Peyton.

We talk about bringing in Mike Wallace.......but with Peyton throwing......I think an "Andre Johnson" will be revealed thats already on our roster.

We got Peyton Manning.:beer:

We got Peyton Manning.:beer:

Screw McDaniels and Cutler.:coffee:

We got Peyton Manning. :beer:

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Gettin ahead of yourself a little? Jesus christ man

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Demaryius Thomas.

Once the stares from the locals turned to murmurs back and forth......some folks befriended us, and you could tell the word quickly spread that we were visiting from the islands, and it was a cruise from there out. The three police officers that had decided to stand behind us relaxed, and went on their way leaving us to an awesome night.

WTF???? "oooohhh, they're from THE ISLANDS!!!!"